NATION

PASSWORD

1900: Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:41 am

Sanabel wrote:Any thoughts on my app so far?

It looks alright to me so far, it's certainly an interesting concept
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:58 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Any thoughts on my app so far?

It looks alright to me so far, it's certainly an interesting concept

I'm hoping to make it an adequate stand-in for Turkey and Hungary.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:21 am

Sanabel wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It looks alright to me so far, it's certainly an interesting concept

I'm hoping to make it an adequate stand-in for Turkey and Hungary.

Well, I can't say that I like any of those nations, but your nation should be really interesting to see xD
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:23 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Sanabel wrote:I'm hoping to make it an adequate stand-in for Turkey and Hungary.

Well, I can't say that I like any of those nations, but your nation should be really interesting to see xD

I agree. I would have liked for it to be Islamic, but it makes more sense for it to be Christian geopolitically.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:27 am

Sanabel wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, I can't say that I like any of those nations, but your nation should be really interesting to see xD

I agree. I would have liked for it to be Islamic, but it makes more sense for it to be Christian geopolitically.

The only way I see it becoming Islamic is through contact with the Tatars, but it would be difficult for them to get so deep into Europe..

And yeah, surrounded by Christian nations it would make the most sense for it to be Christian.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:34 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Sanabel wrote:I agree. I would have liked for it to be Islamic, but it makes more sense for it to be Christian geopolitically.

The only way I see it becoming Islamic is through contact with the Tatars, but it would be difficult for them to get so deep into Europe..

And yeah, surrounded by Christian nations it would make the most sense for it to be Christian.

Remind me, is there an Eastern and a Western church?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:41 am

Sanabel wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:The only way I see it becoming Islamic is through contact with the Tatars, but it would be difficult for them to get so deep into Europe..

Remind me, is there an Eastern and a Western church?

Yes and no. The theological differences between the Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church still exist, the Catholic Church has its Pope and the Latin rite, the Filoque, and so on, while the Orthodox Churches are autocephalous, have their Patriarchs, the Holy Synods, the Roman/Greek/Byzantine rite, and so on.

However, the Great Schism was mended, at least on an administrative level so to say, so the Latin/Catholic Church is still in full communion with the Eastern Orthodox Churches. So de jure, they are together in a single Church, kinda like Chalcedonian Christianity before the Schism, but de facto, there are still major differences.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:35 am

Finalized app. I think I did everything okay. Decided to lower the military numbers slightly again, too.

The V O I D wrote:Finished sooner than expected. Here's the app:

Full Nation Name : The Kingdom of Prussia (Königreich Preußen) | Flag
Majority/Official Culture : Prussian
Territorial Core : See the black-ish German state on the official map.
Territorial Claim : Prussian eyes fall upon the Benelux and the Bohemian/Austrian/Hungarian area. Some minor interest in Slovakia.
Capital City : Berlin.
Population : Approx. 55 million, give or take.

Government Type : Constitutional Aristocratic Monarchy (with ethnocratic structures focused around Prussian blood and culture).
Government Ideology/Policies : Imperialist, Nationalist, Expansionist.
Government Focus : Prussia's focus is upon its culture and military, primarily and especially the former as many Prussians are prideful of their culture.
Head of State : His Majesty, Wilhelm II, the King of All Prussians and Emperor of Greater Prussia
Head of Government : His Royal Highness, Henry I, the Prince of All Prussians and Regent of Greater Prussia
Government Description : The Prussian government is almost entirely controlled by Prussian nobles and citizens. The King of Prussia is decided by who the eldest son of the previous King is, and is usually recognized as the head of state - being able to command the Royal Prussian Army, enact or create treaties with other nations, and generally having final say on what laws are passed and the like.

Meanwhile, since the Kingdom's successful ascendancy to power over the various minor kingdoms or states, it is customary for the Prince of All Prussians (usually the son of the King, unless he is not yet of age) to act as the head of government in the Landtag (the Prussian legislature) and to take charge of all domestic issues to prepare for their ascent to the King's throne when the current King dies or abdicates the throne.

If the son of the King is not of age, usually, the oldest of younger brothers of the King takes the role and is deemed a “Regent of Greater Prussia” until such time as the son of the King comes of age.

The Landtag, meanwhile, consists of two parts: the Herrenhaus (House of Lords) and the Abgeordnetenhaus (House of Representatives).

The Herrenhaus reserves a majority of its seats for various members of the Royal family as well as various Prussian nobles as designated by the Royal family. This allows them to form a little over half of the Herrenhaus, while the rest of the seats are still reserved for various nobles from some of the minor states under Prussia's rule.

The Abgeordnetenhaus has a fixed number of three hundred fifty (350) seats. 233 of these seats are reserved for Prussian citizens of significant notice, those with greater Prussian titles despite being not of nobility, or elected representatives as elected by the Prussian citizenry. The other 117 are able to have anyone run for them, regardless of ancestry, nobility or title status.

Together, these Houses form the Landtag and create various legislations for the Prince of All Prussians to go over and decide upon; once passed, they go to the King for finalization as a decree. All of these functions are outlined in the Prussian Constitution, which dictates that amendments to it require two-thirds of the House of Representatives and a majority vote from the House of Lords to create.

Majority/State Religion : Protestantism (specifically, of the Prussian United Church that is a mix of Lutheran and Reformed doctrines).
Religious Description : See IRL, pretty much.

Economic Ideologies : “Aristocratic Capitalism”
Major Production : Industrial goods.
Economic Description : The aristocracy of Prussia, whether they be Royal, Noble, or someone of status, control the various corporations and economic outputs almost completely. There are very few “privately owned” enterprises that don't have some ties back into the Prussian government. It would be difficult to say whether the Prussian government regulates its corporations and enterprises, or whether their corporations and enterprises control the government. It is, in fact, both of those situations (to some degree).

Development: Modern.
Development Description : Prussia has industrialized to a large degree; mostly, this is because of the fact that the Prussian government encourages people to take pride in their (Prussian) blood and instills rather heavy levels of nationalism. People are very productive and work towards a greater, better Prussia because it fills them with pride to do so.

Army Description : Approx. 1.1 million soldiers fill the Royal Prussian Army. They are all well equipped and well armed, with their training being rather intense. The Army has various Generals in charge of its various land-based divisions - all of whom answer directly to HM, the King, Wilhelm II.
Army Weakness : The Royal Prussian Army's officers and higher ranks are, contrary to the actual soldiers, filled with predominantly Prussian nobility and associates - most of whom must 'learn' from the lower ranks if they wish to receive proper training. Not only that, but the Army's soldiers are among those with the highest sense of 'blood honor' - in other words, non-Prussians in the Army are often discriminated against in subtle ways - usually, the least subtle way is that they are sent into battle first before any Prussian soldiers or officers lead the battle.
Naval Description : The Royal Prussian Navy was vastly expanded upon by Wilhelm I, who believed that naval power would be necessary to defend the rather vast northern coastline that the Kingdom had. It has since become a moderately powerful naval force - with up-to-date equipment and arms, and sailors and sea-bound soldiers being decently outfitted and trained. The Navy believes in a policy of 'death before dishonor' - to the point wherein, unless directly ordered by one of the Fleet Admirals or by the King or Queen themselves, sailors/soldiers will often die before even considering a surrender.
Naval Weakness : The Navy's officers are slightly better off than the Royal Prussian Army, but not by much; only half or slightly more than half of the officers have any decent training. The 'No Surrender' attitudes of the Navy also means that naval conflicts will either end when a given fleet's ships are too damaged to continue fighting (and even then, the sailors/soldiers aboard will be hard pressed to be taken prisoner) or when the fleet has won the battle. There are also various racist attitudes among the Navy, somewhat more blatant than the Army, causing internal friction between Prussians and non-Prussians; this has resulted in an unofficial segregation policy, where non-Prussians are made shipmates to other non-Prussians. Often, it is those ships which are ordered to lead the offense or be the defense.
Further Military Description : Despite the racist attitudes found in the Royal Prussian Military, there is a reason that non-Prussians enlist despite the rather harsh conditions they may face. Those who join the Army or the Navy are often offered, in return for their service, a “free” education for their children (usually, for every year served is a year the Kingdom's government promises to pay for that soldier's children's university or private education). Of course, the fine print is that it is the Prussian soldiers who will primarily benefit; those of non-Prussian blood only get enough money to ensure that their children can actually go to one of Prussia's universities or private schools, rather than a free pass. Still, it is an opportunity not many get.

National Goals : Prussia wants to suppress any word or talk of rebellion; they also want to continue solidifying their control over their territory.
National Issues : Ethnic tensions/ethnic minority resentment, small cells of resistance.
National Figures of Interest : TBA.
National Ambition/Aspirations : Conquest of the Benelux, as well as a strong desire to conquer their southern and southeastern neighbors.

History : 1618: Brandenburg-Prussia is founded, and Prussian nationalism begins its rise. The civilian populace begins trying to spread out throughout Brandenburg-Prussia, trying to expand the Prussian bloodline.

1630: The Prussian nobility of Brandenburg-Prussia begin isolating themselves for the sake of “Prussian purity” as the Prussian nationalist ideal reaches them. This causes a rift to form in the government of Brandenburg-Prussia, but soon enough, the Prussian nobility begins initiating a new strategy; second, third, or fourth sons who will not inherit the noble rank and thus are less important are often married off to non-Prussian nobles and the like, even in kingdoms outside of Brandenburg-Prussia.

1650: After twenty years of political maneuvering and spreading, the Brandenburg province is eventually integrated into Prussia proper. The Duchy of Prussia begins to expand more aggressively, using underhanded tactics and subterfuge to put Prussian nobles and citizens in other kingdoms. This, to undermine other royal governments and gain control.

At the end of the Thirty Years' War, the Prussian military is weakened, and so a focus switches tacks temporarily on the political subterfuge and sabotage that allows for Prussian nobles to take over non-Prussian Kingdoms.

1700: The Duchy of Prussia becomes the Kingdom of Prussia, having conquered most of the North German territories in Europe using their various tactics and political underminings. Prussian businessmen and nobles begin working together to do the same economically to other kingdoms, and Prussia begins building upon its arms. Racial tensions between Prussians and non-Prussians start to escalate, resulting in the deaths of some Prussians.

The various Prussian nobles that are now in charge of non-Prussian kingdoms ask to become 'client states' or 'member states' of the Kingdom of Prussia, slowly disappearing the formerly sovereign kingdoms over time.

1720: The Unification Wars begin, wherein the Kingdom of Prussia declares that it is the sovereign of “Germanic peoples” as is their right because of their “superiority” over other German kingdoms. There are several wars to be fought as the Kingdom of Prussia begins a more violent conquest of southern kingdoms. Those which capitulate are then subjugated very thoroughly by forced “peace marriages” wherein the nobility marries their sons off to ensure that someone of at least some Prussian blood controls those areas in the future.

1750: After thirty years of bloody wars, the Kingdom of Prussia claims its full and unlimited sovereignty over the Germanic peoples under their rule. Prussian nobility and royalty have begun solidifying political and economic control over the new states of Prussia, creating new regimes over local areas; even if the kingdoms wished to rebel, their old families and bloodlines were made to be extinct in favor of the at least half-Prussian bloodline.

Those of Prussian nobility planned to have their grandchildren married to one another as long as they were distantly related, to allow for Prussian blood to slowly “purify” in a legal manner so that Prussian blood controlled those territories.

1770: Twenty years after the Kingdom's victory, the racial tensions come nearly to a head - a rebellion attempts to assassinate Frederick II, the current King of Prussia. Frederick II comes to be known as “Frederick the Conqueror” as in the resulting counterattack nearly ten towns are destroyed and the nobilities which plotted against him executed to dissuade secondary attempts. The Kingdom of Prussia maintains control, and although there are no more thoughts of rebellion at the time, there is still racial tension aplenty.

Meanwhile, the predominant Prussian nobility finally ascends to proper ranks in the remaining kingdoms. Almost all German 'client' states and kingdoms under the Prussian sovereignty are now controlled by Prussians in a rather “legitimate” matter.

1800: The Kingdom of Prussia sets its eyes upon Denmark to its north because of tensions along their border from conflicts in the past. The Prussian military moves to defend their border, though their intentions are quite clearly hostile rather than defensive.

1809: Prussia claims Lauenburg from Sweden, as they claim it is their rightful territory. The Prussian military moves onto the borders with Denmark, and seems in preparation for an invasion.

1812: The Kingdom of Prussia makes war with Denmark, claiming even more territory from the Danish people. However, this war is ended by a combination of Danish efforts and internal conflict caused by a crisis of succession when then-King Frederick William III dies of unknown cause.

1815: Prince Frederick William IV is eventually made King earlier than would have been liked by the Royal government; after this incident, along with the fears caused by the idea of a liberal government trying to take control in the absence of a strong, Prussian leader - the Constitution of the Kingdom of Prussia is created.

It allowed the King to have simpler duties so as to alleviate stress, as well as allowing the Royal government to keep Prussians in the leadership regardless of circumstance when considering the Royal family and the Kingdom's throne. However, the King still has a lot of power and influence. The Constitution also ensures that the current Prince is eventually made ready to be King, especially considering he must take on some of the duties of the throne at age eighteen and is given much advice on various matters.

The Constitution also officially unifies the German kingdoms and states under Prussia, solidifying it as the 'one true kingdom'; all kingdoms/client states of Prussia are integrated, with their leadership simply becoming Prussian nobility once more.

1840: After much internal debate on the matters of servitude, serfdom, and slavery - the Royal government outlaws these “crude and inhumane” practices, except for in the case of “criminals, rebels, and troublemakers.” Essentially, the Kingdom's official stance was against slavery and other various practices similar to it - but prisoners of civil crime and war, as well as dissenters of non-Prussian races who were thought to be too extreme or radical, were arrested and put to work to bolster the Kingdom which they detested.

1866: The second war with Denmark resulted in the Kingdom of Prussia gaining ownership of Slesvig-Holsten. Wilhelm I ascends to the throne and proclaims himself the King of All Prussians and Emperor of Greater Prussia. The ethnocentric culture of Prussians is fairly well ingrained, and it is at this point that most nobility in Prussia is often pure or near-pure Prussian, even in minor states/lesser “duchies” under the sovereignty of Prussia.

1880: Wilhelm I's rather short rule isn't marked by a lack of progress; no, instead, Wilhelm I brought about sweeping reforms in the Royal government system as well as to the Constitution, as well as modernizing the military of Prussia. He saw it as necessary to protect Prussian interests. Though these reforms were not necessarily liberal, they definitively allowed the Prussian military to modernize and become as strong as it is in the modern day.

Wilhelm II ascends to the throne and is the current King of All Prussians and Emperor of Greater Prussia.

Today: Twenty years since his father's rule, and King Wilhelm II continues some of his father's greatest work. The Kingdom of Prussia stands proud as a “pure” state, wherein mixing races is only encouraged so as to “remove impurities.” The Kingdom's government faces a great threat, however; there are talks of a new rebellion as well as the possibility of overthrowing the King among the people. Of course, the Kingdom has stood for centuries and it will continue to stand tall in the face of adversity... won't it?
RP Sample: Longtime vet of this RP.
#AltDiv (do not delete this, it's for keeping track of the apps)

If you need me to expand on the history, let me know. Anything before Prussia's date of divergence is likely similar to OTL.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:31 am

The V O I D wrote:Finalized app. I think I did everything okay. Decided to lower the military numbers slightly again, too.

Desire to dismantle intensifies.

:p

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:31 am

Plzen wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Finalized app. I think I did everything okay. Decided to lower the military numbers slightly again, too.

If Norden were to dismantle the Prussians, what would Europe look like after?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:37 am

Sanabel wrote:
Plzen wrote:Desire to dismantle intensifies.

If Norden were to dismantle the Prussians, what would Europe look like after?

Provincia Germania?

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:44 am

Sanabel wrote:If Norden were to dismantle the Prussians, what would Europe look like after?

Russians in Stettin, the Dutch in the Rhine-Ruhr, Scandinavians in Bremen, and the French in Baden?

Dismantle.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:29 am

Good luck with that.

[GREATER PRUSSIA INTENSIFIES]

Aellex
Senator

Founded: Apr 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aellex » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:34 am

Plzen wrote:

COALITION WAR INTENSIFIES
Citoyen Français. Disillusioned Gaulliste. Catholique.

Tombé au champ d'honneur, add 11400 posts.

Member of the Committee
for Proletarian Morality

RIP Balk, you were too good a shitposter for this site.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:58 am

Aellex wrote:
Plzen wrote:Desire to dismantle intensifies.

COALITION WAR INTENSIFIES

Oh, hey, there, Aelex. I see you're in the Benelux. Nice... colonies and kingdom you got there.

It'd be a real shame if... the French got their paws on it, yes?

*PRUSSIA LOOMING INTENSIFIES.*

Aellex
Senator

Founded: Apr 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aellex » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:37 am

The V O I D wrote:
Aellex wrote:COALITION WAR INTENSIFIES

Oh, hey, there, Aelex. I see you're in the Benelux. Nice... colonies and kingdom you got there.

N-no! H-holland strong! H-holland can into relevance!
Citoyen Français. Disillusioned Gaulliste. Catholique.

Tombé au champ d'honneur, add 11400 posts.

Member of the Committee
for Proletarian Morality

RIP Balk, you were too good a shitposter for this site.

Zelent
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Done tonight, NS messed up

Postby Zelent » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:54 am

Full Nation Name : Commonwealth of Iberia
Majority/Official Culture : Iberian
Territorial Core : Iberia, Balearics, Azores, Maderia, Suriname, Argentina and Chile, Peruvian coast, Ceylon, Ascenion, Newfoundland
Territorial Claim : Uruguay, Brazil
Capital City : Barcino (Barcelona)
Population :
51 Million, of which 35 Million are Iberian ethnically

Government Type : Republic
Government Ideology/Policies : Imperialism, Revolutionary,
Government Focus : On affirming The Commonwealth of Iberia as a global power, dominating maritime trade, and exerting its political will by a powerful military.
Head of State : President Felipe Hidalgo
Head of Government : President Felipe Hidalgo
Government Description : The Commonwealth of Iberia is run in accordance with the principles of the Revolution of 1849. Republic, Freedom, and Equality under the law. The Governement as such is a unitary state governed by three branches, the Judiciary, the Executive and the Legislative. The Legislature, being the law making body of the Commonwealth is a unicameral senate, with one representative elected by each constituency of about 250,000 citizens, and a president elected by popular vote, who serves both as a legislator in the Senate and as Chief of the Executive. He appoints all ambassadors, cabinet staff, administrators and oversees the military. The sprawling Iberian bureaucracy employs about 300,000 officials, who administer various aspects of society, economy, census and the budget. The budget is drafted annually by Senatorial negotiations between the President and all parties of the Senate. The President also appoints judges to the High Court, which is set with 13 Justices, and from there judges are appointed to all lower courts, criminal and civil, with usually the President not playing much of a active role in selecting the lowest ranks of judges who serve in the counties, usually selected by a higher rank of judges.

Majority/State Religion : The state is inherently secular, although a vast majority of the population practices Roman Catholicism.

Economic Ideologies : Planned free-market (Mixed economy)
Major Production : Manufactured goods, minerals, ships, food, sugar cane, weapons, textiles, steel
Economic Description : The Iberian Economy is heavily industrialized as it grows to become a leading world power. The Government exerts influence through funding construction of ports, roads, railroads, factories and adjusting taxes to get desired economic boosts, as managed by the cabinet level National Department of Economy and the Office of The Exchequer. There is a growing emphasis, especially with the Felipe Hidalgo government on heavy industry as compared to the light industry of say textile production.
Development: Modern
Development Description : Iberia can be considered a Modern state for many reasons. It's research into science and technology remains unparalleled, while it's educational system remains world renowned. Mainland and Insular Iberia is known for it's relatively high quality of life with rich culture,economy and plenty.

Army Description : Exercito da Ibéria, stands to roughly 425,000 men across three field armies and a small number of independent units. The Army serves in a strategic role to complement the Navy while being completely tactically independent, as part of the current mainstream global strategic objectives of the Iberian state. Iberia, being located in a defensive position in Europe, with no intents of European expansionism, there are roughly 320,000 men positioned defensively across the Peninsula, guarding the Northern Border, the coasts, and major cities. The Army maintains the rest of its force overseas, on Insular garrisons in Ceylon, Balares, and the Atlantic Islands, as well as large postings to South America. As such, the Army can be mostly described as holding a Defensive territorial position, with some joint expeditionary capabilities alongside the Marine Corps. The Army however, is by no means incapable. It holds many advantages, ranging from a merit-based officer corps to potent training procedures advanced by global standards, and advanced weaponry.

Additionally, Milícia Nativa a 45,000 strong independent military force serves an auxiliary function, made up of Natives from South America and Ceylon, who join largely in seek of the social and economic benefits that include citizenship and land holding, they serve an additional cultural role of establishing a conservative, pro-colonial native institution.

Army Weakness : The Army is notoriously troubled with adapting to quickly changing situations in real combat. Minimal procedure for the combination and battlefield reorganization of force structures combined with little in terms of recent military endeavors makes for a regular military prehaps troubled by the chaos of the battlefield, reliant too much on procedure and vanilla force structures.

Naval Description : The Navy, Armada da Ibéria, given it's position as the force most politically beneficial to the Iberian states strategic imperial objectives of dominating global commerce and the seas, it is also the most powerful branch. With some 165,000 sailors and marines, it is by no means weaker than it's Army counterpart. These Sailors are spread across:
14 Battleships (4)
51 Armored Cruisers (8)
53 Protected Cruisers (6)
165 Destroyers (15)
61 Patrol Sloops (9)
102 Merchant and Transport Ships
52 Other Support Ships, Avisos
2 Experimental Submarines

The Navy is intended to patrol and provide immediate responses to political situations that the Army would otherwise be unable to. Basically, the Navy serves in the power projection role of the Military. Land operations are largely handled by the Marine Corps, Corpo da Fusileros Navales, a 32,000 man strong seaborne army force complete with it's own tactical structure, consisting about mainly of Infantry with elements of Cavalry, Artillery and Support Troops, although some of these latter two functions can be aided by Naval Bombardment and pre-existing naval supply structures respectively. The small cavalry element might often times be aided by Army contingents, and in large scale invasions, entire Army corps can be converted into second-wave landing forces, brought onto a established Marine Corps beachhead.

Naval Weakness : The Navy is increasingly stretched in its budget and its need for more ships in order to attain it's intended degree of global supremacy. As things currently stand, it makes do, but Naval Admirals are maneuvering in the Commonwealth Senate to provide extra funding to the Navy's construction and maintenance, ear marking economic benefits like larger or newer port installations, increased production of smaller ships also as a means of economic stimulus, and retrofitting bigger guns or better armor, superior boilers, to many ships.

Further Military Description : There is two additional but notable organizations,

* Unidad di inteligencia, a secretive intelligence organization, consisting of about 270 men in it's main contingent. They are experts in covert operations, both in combat and in avoiding it entirely. They are utilized to accomplish certain political or strategic objectives for whatever reasons, and can also carry out far flung reconnaissance, sabotage or intelligence missions into foreign lands.

* Oficina di Investigación Militar, a experimental research group, this bureaucratic agency is assigned with the job of researching and testing new military technologies. Currently devoting attention to a promising aerial program, with other research projects into advanced torpedos, and submarine construction.

National Goals :
* Naval Dominance, controlling global commerce and sea routes to exert global political sub-dominance.

* Establishment of a colonial empire in South America and the Carribean to support Atlantic and Pacific dominance.
National Issues : Currently, Iberia risks being out paced colonially, or at least reaching a technical wall, by being unable to expand any farther. This could be detrimental to the growing economy that necessitates a supply of products from these colonial holdings. Furthermore, as the Government increasingly raises spending on infrastructure and stimulus, it risks running a deficit without added income from colonial expansion.
National Figures of Interest :
The Virgin Mary, other typical Catholic figures of importance.
Nationally, the people of Iberia give their political thanks to the General of the Revolution, Juan Rodríguez, the simple originated Commander of the Revolution both in Military Tactics and Political ideologies. He is seen to be something of a national hero, martyred.

History : Iberia was a land reborn from the furious collapse of the Western Roman Empire. Gothic and Germanic tribes,who invaded and made their way with the region, before settling it and taking after it as their own refuge from the Hunnic hordes, and the encroaching northern frost.

Starting around 550 AD, and for some two centuries, the land was split between the rivalries of four kingdoms and a number of nominally independent states. In the far south and the Balearics, we find the lands of the Hispania Millitary Order, a Catholic, legionary-esque military state paying dues to Rome. In the center, dominating the peninsula, Regnum Visigothorum, a Visigothic Kingdom with political and military dominance of many of the lands smaller states.

RP Sample: Been in previous iterations cmon im known. Does anyone actually do this?

#AltDiv (do not delete this, it's for keeping track of the apps)
Last edited by Zelent on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Support: Universal Health Care, Nationalism, Conscription, Infrastructure Investment, Border Wall, Workfare, Freedom, Bill of Rights, Social market economics, Cannabis decriminalization, Ukrainian Independence, All Lives Matter

Neutral: Trump,

Against: Clinton, TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA, European Union, Political Correctness, Black Lives Matter, Drug Abuse, Lobbyists, ISIS

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Aellex wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

N-no! H-holland strong! H-holland can into relevance!

Of course, you can. Don't worry, Holland, we'll be best friends. :D

Resurgent Exiles
Secretary

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Resurgent Exiles » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:57 pm

I would like to publicly make a notice to Russia, Austria/Bohemia, and Bulgaria to look at the history of my nation which was sent in a telegram. I have received no notice or acknowledgement from them regarding my history. Your help would be appreciated.
Last edited by Resurgent Exiles on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:10 pm

Resurgent Exiles wrote:I would like to publicly make a notice to Russia, Austria/Bohemia, and Bulgaria to look at the history of my nation which was sent in a telegram. I have received no notice or acknowledgement from them regarding my history. Your help would be appreciated.

It must have been sent to the old player.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:47 am

The V O I D wrote:The Kingdom of Prussia (Königreich Preußen)

With the mention that you'll have to discuss general German history with Sanabel, accepted

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:59 pm

I am sorry but, I do not have the time anymore to work on my app. I give up my reservation.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:16 am

I'm back and I guess I'll get writing rightaway.

Sanabel wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Eww, nice barbarians

The Bulgarian app describes the Pechenegs working with the Bulgarians to wipe out the Magyars. I'll have that happen, with the Bulgarians then turning on them, necessitating that they become sedentary in Western Pannonia and Austria and Bohemia, and a revival of the historic alliance with Byzantium.

Yeah, I described what happened historically. The good lad Simeon did really employ the Pechenegs to defeat the Magyars...though this time we didn't lose the Pannonian basin to them.
It's alright that I turn on you though it does feel a bit random that when I turn on you from the west, you flee west.
Tracian Empire wrote:One thing that I completely forgot - it seems that unlike in the previous iterations, we don't have as many people interested in colonizing Africa.

I'm still not sure what we'll do OOCly with all on the gray African space on the map, but as I did mention at the beginning of this, we are working on the assumption that the Scramble already happened - just with a lot more tensions and less diplomatic cooperation between the Europeans.

So we are going to have a Berlin Conference type of event between the nations interested in Africa at some point.

Can't really go colonial without reaching the Bosporus or the Adria first.
Or the Ionian Sea.

Rightful Bulgarian clay everywhere.
Sanabel wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, the aggressive Prussian militarism is always going to attract enemies.

I wonder if a Prussian-Bulgarian axis will form

Well, it's not as if I am lacking hostile neighbours so I will have to attempt to form Central Powers.
Resurgent Exiles wrote:I would like to publicly make a notice to Russia, Austria/Bohemia, and Bulgaria to look at the history of my nation which was sent in a telegram. I have received no notice or acknowledgement from them regarding my history. Your help would be appreciated.

You know exactly that I just returned from Operation Sealion.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:29 am

A bit random, but the short nation name for the Eastern Roman Empire would be either Romania (Ῥωμανία-Rhōmania), or Rhōmais (Ῥωμαΐς)
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:27 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:I'm back and I guess I'll get writing rightaway.

Sanabel wrote:The Bulgarian app describes the Pechenegs working with the Bulgarians to wipe out the Magyars. I'll have that happen, with the Bulgarians then turning on them, necessitating that they become sedentary in Western Pannonia and Austria and Bohemia, and a revival of the historic alliance with Byzantium.

Yeah, I described what happened historically. The good lad Simeon did really employ the Pechenegs to defeat the Magyars...though this time we didn't lose the Pannonian basin to them.
It's alright that I turn on you though it does feel a bit random that when I turn on you from the west, you flee west.
Tracian Empire wrote:One thing that I completely forgot - it seems that unlike in the previous iterations, we don't have as many people interested in colonizing Africa.

I'm still not sure what we'll do OOCly with all on the gray African space on the map, but as I did mention at the beginning of this, we are working on the assumption that the Scramble already happened - just with a lot more tensions and less diplomatic cooperation between the Europeans.

So we are going to have a Berlin Conference type of event between the nations interested in Africa at some point.

Can't really go colonial without reaching the Bosporus or the Adria first.
Or the Ionian Sea.

Rightful Bulgarian clay everywhere.
Sanabel wrote:I wonder if a Prussian-Bulgarian axis will form

Well, it's not as if I am lacking hostile neighbours so I will have to attempt to form Central Powers.

You know exactly that I just returned from Operation Sealion.

That's a fair point. I'm not sure how to rectify it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse