NATION

PASSWORD

Fates And Futures [OOC | Signups Closed | Arc 2.5!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:35 pm

tag
MDE never dies

”My rock and roll is not to entertain, but to annihilate"

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:43 pm

(Possibly) tag
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Forest - Are you going to have a roster list? (I would normally offer to help you out and make one with your permission, but I am super busy until about Tuesday).

I am considering a character from the Middle East or South America who makes and shoots out an infestation of parasitic spores.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:57 pm

Talchyon wrote:Forest - Are you going to have a roster list? (I would normally offer to help you out and make one with your permission, but I am super busy until about Tuesday).

I am considering a character from the Middle East or South America who makes and shoots out an infestation of parasitic spores.

I'm aiming to get that up today. Was waiting for the apps to start coming in to get to it.

We actually already have a character being apped for, even though the app isn't up yet, that has basically the same power. Maybe you could do something along the lines of poison touch, or something more targeted like that since it would be in a similar category but not exactly the same power?
don't tread on me

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:59 pm

Forest State wrote:
Talchyon wrote:Forest - Are you going to have a roster list? (I would normally offer to help you out and make one with your permission, but I am super busy until about Tuesday).

I'm aiming to get that up today. Was waiting for the apps to start coming in to get to it.

We actually already have a character being apped for, even though the app isn't up yet, that has basically the same power. Maybe you could do something along the lines of poison touch, or something more targeted like that since it would be in a similar category but not exactly the same power?

You could do something like poison breath, poisonous body fluids, or even venom which your character releases by vomiting/spitting it up. Just giving some ideas.
yea bro idk

Segral
Ambassador

WIP

Postby Segral » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:34 pm

PLAYER CHARACTER APPLICATION

VITALS

Name: James "Jim" Flanigan
Nickname/Alias: Earthworm Jim
Appearance:

Build: 6'1, 144 lbs, slightly skinny

Primary Ability: Jim is the king of the vermiforms. Vermiforms are soft, tubular animals or parasites, mostly made up of annelids (earthworms) and roundworms. All vermiforms bow down to Jim, for he is their true master. Jim has full control over the minds of vermiforms, able to control them, telepathically speak with them, watch through their eyes and feel what they hear, smell, touch and taste. He can even absorb their life forces in extreme circumstances, and use them to heal minor injuries. He prefers to use the worms as scouts rather than actual offensive uses, but when he needs to, he can use his worms to swarm areas and interfere in workings when necessary.

Other Abilities:

• Shapeshifting: Jim can also transform into a worm creature, briefly dissolving the bones in his body and taking on a tubular shape to become Earthworm Jim. As a worm beast, Jim's twelve foot form can burrow and slither much faster than normal, has a slightly faster metabolism, and can has an accelerated healing factor, although it is much weaker than actual worms. This also slightly improves his telepathic connections with his worm subjects.

• Edafoskinesis: Jim is also proficient in Edafsokinesis, or soil manipulation. He mostly uses this power to improve his burrowing speed and mobility, as well as create soil constructs to make pathways for his worms.

Power Drawbacks:

Equipment: Colt Cobra .38 Special. Several glass containers filled with soil, used as storage houses for his worms.

DETAILS

Nationality: American (Texan)
Hometown: Austin, Texas
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Biggest Flaw:
Main Skills:

Personality:

Biography: (Should be at least two paragraphs.)

#HLApp
Last edited by Segral on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yea bro idk

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:52 pm

Union Princes wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:17 pm

The roster is now up. The third post now also has bios on both the staff in the Futures Program and the Riot, the first villains we'll face in the IC.
don't tread on me

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Segral wrote:
Forest State wrote:I'm aiming to get that up today. Was waiting for the apps to start coming in to get to it.

You could do something like poison breath, poisonous body fluids, or even venom which your character releases by vomiting/spitting it up. Just giving some ideas.

I don't know about poison. I think I'll just go in another direction. Thanks for the ideas though.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:50 pm

Segral wrote:snip

Welp, looks like we have a Criken fan...
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Segral
Ambassador

Postby Segral » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:12 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Welp, looks like we have a Criken fan...

Criken? No, I just like Earthworm Jim.
yea bro idk

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:22 pm

Consider yourself tagged! I have a couple of old recycled characters from other threads who I think would work quite well in here.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:36 pm

VITALS

Name: Raelynn Adams
Nickname/Alias: Dyna/ Dynamite
Appearance:

Build: Raelynn has a athletic, muscular build and stands at 6' 0" and weighs 150lbs

Primary Ability: Self- Detonation: Raelynn has the ability to detonate any part of her body on physical contact with her target, destroying the target and body part in a devastating explosion.

Other Abilities: Reforming: Her secondary ability allows her regenerate any body part blown off from the explosions she generates, healing the damaged limb to nearly 100%.

Power Drawbacks:
1. Unfortunately, Raelynn feels all the pain associated with blowing a limb off. This pain can sometimes be debilitating, causing her to be resistant in using it.

2. When Raelynn heals her damaged and severed limbs, she becomes extremely vulnerable. She is unable to move or fight back when she is healing. This is extremely dangerous in combat situations when she is alone and the enemy hasn't died from her attack.

3. At times, her healing ability doesn't work properly and she is left with some damage that needs to heal naturally. She fears sometimes that her ability won't work at all and she is left with an amputated limb.

Equipment: A pair of black MMA padded gloves.

DETAILS

Nationality: American
Hometown: White Hall, Texas, USA.
Sexuality: Confused

Biggest Flaw: Raelynn is extremely hesitant in using her power at times, fearing that she won't be able to heal from it. She is fearful that she will be left mutilated and unable to fight in MMA ever again.
Main Skills:
- Black Belt in Muay Thai Kickboxing and Green Belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu.
- Proficient in weight-lifting and other physical activities.
- Knowledgeable in anatomy pertaining to extreme physical training

Personality: Raelynn exudes confidence in everything she does, almost hinting at cockiness. Despite her large physical stature, she is rather friendly and easy to get along with, wanting to see everyone succeed in their goals. Raelynn can get rather competitive when she is challenged and possesses an explosive temper when she loses.

Biography: her parents moved away from Austin when her mom was 5 months pregnant. The money that her father made from fighting MMA was able to buy a small 6 acre ranch for his family to love comfortably. Being an only child, Raelynn helped her father around the ranch by the time she was able to walk. Naturally, she took after her father had found herself interested in Martial Arts. Of course, her father couldn't say no and began to train her himself in Muay Thai Kickboxing.

From the time she was 7, Raelynn trained hard in Muay Thai and worked out, both in a gym and on the ranch with her father. She showed exceptional talent in Martial arts like her father, learning new techniques quickly and being able to apply them in real time. Along side her quick intellect, Raelynn honed her body to match the rigorous training Muay Thai required, growing exponentially in height and physical strength. All of these factors worked in her favor, causing her to rise through the belts. She also showed great skill in competitions, winning a variety of tournaments in both nearby Austin and around the US. Things couldn't have been better for her.

Unfortunately, life isn't a perfect story of success. Raelynn felt her first failure at 18 during a young adult Muay Thai National Championship. She was in the finals against a boy twice her size from California. Raelynn, in her over confidence, left herself open for an attack and the boy took advantage of it, delivering a kick to her head. Needless to say, the kick knocked her out and she lost the match. When she awoke in the locker room, Raelynn was overcome with anger.

Mostly angry at herself, Raelynn went on a rampage, kicking and punching dents into the lockers, blaming herself for how stupid she was being. During her last punch, something unexpected happened. The locker she punched exploded out of nowhere, shredding it into pieces. Much to everyone's horror, however, the explosion severed several of Raelynn's fingers and half her hand. She screamed in pain and collapsed on the floor, blood gushing from her hand. Instead of going into shock from the pain, Raelynn's hand began to heal and reform itself right in front of her eyes.

Her father, realizing what happened, immediately took her home. It was too late to cover up the incident, there were several witnesses to the event in the locker room. Once home, her father explained to a scared and confused Raelynn that she had superpowers now and that he feared that this would happen. He told her that her grandfather had powers and that it skipped him and was passed down to her. He went on to tell stories of her grandfather's exploits and that he fought with honor and integrity And that she should be proud of such a gift. After a very long conversation and contemplating her new destiny, Raelynn decided to travel to Florida to train to be a hero.

#HLApp

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:59 pm

Will remove somethings if to OP

VITALS

Name: Alasdair Francis Damon
Nickname/Alias: Blackfire
Appearance:

Build: Stands 185 cm and weighs 77 kg

Primary Ability:
Seven Seals of Penodris - Alasdair has been trained since a young age in a certain magic discipline known as the Seven Seals of Penodris. This magic entails the harnessing of the power of a powerful Demonic Dragon, that was sealed away at some point in time, for reasons unknown. The power of Penodris is harness through the seven seals, with each seal granting a different ability. Seals can only be activated one at a time, but the effects can stack and they don't need to be activated in order unless otherwise specified. So, the fifth seal can be activated followed by the first seal, with their effects stacking. The spells to activate the seals are performed vocally with hand gestures. You will know when he is using one of the Seven Seals because as he preforms the spell, the magic circle of the Seven Seals of Penodris will appear in front of him. Though, it should be mentioned that the use of the Seven Seals of Penodris takes a toll on the user, assuming they aren't mentally strong enough, capable of controlling their emotions, or lack the concentration required for the spells.

Spoken Spell - "Primum sigillum Penodris invocabo; Spinae Vehementi"
Name of Spell - Violent Spines
Effect - With the first seal, Alasdair is capable of firing a barrage of spines made from dark magic energy. The spines do not have the ability to pierce other beings as when they hit their target the spines explode with concussive force. While the force from an individual spine is only enough to bruise a normal person (though there is bonus damage to magic beings), getting hit with a barrage of spines can be overwhelming. He can continue the barrage the longer he concentrates on the attack, but the spell runs out after a six minutes.

Spell - "Secundum sigillum Penodris invocabo; Petentibus Lanceam"
Name of Spell - Penetrating Lance
Effect - With the second seal, Alasdair is capable of summoning a spear made of dark magic energy. The spear can be summoned either in his hands or floating above him. Depending on where he summons it determines how he is going to use it. If it is in his hand, he will use it as you would expect. If it is floating above him, then he is going to fire it like a projectile at his opponent. While both forms are capable of piercing almost any armour, as a projectile it is more dangerous. It is more dangerous not only because he can hit an opponent from range, but by concentrating his magic power, he can increase the speed at which it is fired, increasing its penetrating power. It should also be mentioned that the spear when used as a projectile can lock on to its target, so if they dodge it once, they better get ready to dodge again. The spear can remain summoned for up to five minutes, or until it hits its target when used as a projectile.

Spell - "Tertium sigillum Penodris invocabo; Nigrum Statera"
Name of Spell - Black Scales
Effect - With the third seal, Alasdair is capable of surrounding his body with a layer of dark magic energy that acts as armour. The armour not only increases his defense to the physical, but gives a greater resistance to magical attacks. The spell lasts three minutes, or until the armour is broken, before it must be recast.

Spell - "Quartum sigillum Penodris invocabo; Chelis Terga Metentium"
Name of Spell - Reaping Claws
Effect - With the fourth seal, Alasdair is capable of summoning the power of Penodris through the manifestation of a clawed and bladed gauntlets made of dark magic energy. The claws and blades are incredibly strong, and is capable of slicing through most anything, but does additional damage against magical beings. The gauntlets are flexible enough to allow Alasdair to use magic with them summoned. They can be unsummoned at any time, but can remain summoned for up to five minutes before the spell has to be recast.

Spell - "Quintum sigillum Penodris invocabo; Fluctus Vortex"
Name of Spell - Raging Vortex
Effect - With the fifth seal, Alasdair is capable of creating a vortex of dark magic energy around anyone within a ten foot radius. Those within the vortex are for the most part trapped, as the raging dark magic energy damages them if they attempt to escape. While trapped though, they take small amounts of damage over time. The vortex lasts for two minutes before the spell must be recast.

Spell - "Sextum sigillum Penodris invocabo; Mantellum Tenebris"
Name of Spell - Dark Mantle
Effect - The sixth seal is the most dangerous seal, as by using it Alasdair brings himself very close to the power of Penodris. Dark Mantle allows Alasdair to take on a demonic form, that grants him a boost in physical abilities, the power of flight and magic ability, making his attacks and spells much more powerful. Alasdair is capable of maintaining the Dark Mantle for up to five minutes before it becomes dangerous to remain in the form. He can remain in the Dark Mantle form for up to ten minutes if he disregards his own safety.

Spell - "Septimum sigillum Penodris invocabo; Sollemnis Judicii"
Name of Spell - Solemn Judgement
Effect - The seventh and most powerful seal, it can only be used when Alasdair is in his Dark Mantle. With the seventh seal, Alasdair is capable of summoning a pillar of dark magic energy from the earth and to the sky, with a radius of ten feet. All of his enemies within the pillar will take large amounts of damage, bonus damage to magical beings, while his allies remain unharmed. The pillar lasts for about five seconds, but Solemn Judgement can only be used once a day with Alasdair's current skill and strength.

Other Abilities:
Black Flames of Nada - By calling upon the power of the being known as Nada, Alasdair is capable of creating and manipulating black fire (magic circle used). Black fire is different from normal fire, as while normal fire damages a person physically, black fire does no physical damage. Instead, it burns away at a target's strength and energy, while also stimulating pain receptors. Alasdair is capable of controlling the black fire and using it for ranged attacks, or to enhance his own physical attacks. He can also summon a wall of black fire around an opponent.

Light of Iaoil - Alasdair is capable of summoning a small ball of light that floats around him. While no magic circle is produced, and no hand gestures are required, the voice is still required to speak the spell as follows; "Per Iaoil lumine lucet, et tenebrae mundabitur”. It provides seemingly no use other than to light up the area around him, but he can manipulate its intensity to blind opponents. But the Light of Iaoil is also a form of holy magic, as such any evil magical being that finds itself in its light will take damage.

Spellbreaker - Alasdair possess the knowledge required to cast and use the spell known as Spellbreaker. The spell can be used to cancel all magic effects on a target. It however is hard to pull off, as the user must touch their target prior to casting the spell. When casting, Spellbreaker requires focus, verbal activation along with specific hand gestures. If done correctly, a magic circle will appear on the target before shattering as it removes all magic effects on the target. The target can be friend, foe, or even oneself, making it incredibly useful.

Balance of Vuphu - Alasdair is capable of summoning two magic pistols without the use of a magic circle or vocal spell casting, one named Kolasi (the red one) and the other named Chionothyella (the blue one). Neither gun fires normal bullets, but instead fires elemental shots. Kolasi fires compressed shots of fire that explode on impact, and Chionothyella fires compressed shots of ice that explode on impact. While they can do damage to normal beings, they do bonus damage to beings of a magical nature. Each one lasts two minutes before needing to be resummoned.

Telepathy - Alasdair is capable of using his magic power to communicate telepathically with people. He can only communicate telepathically, and can't see into another person's mind.

Power Drawbacks: The Seven Seals of Penodris is a discipline of magic that requires its practitioners to possess incredible concentration, mental strength and control over their emotions. As such, any lapse in concentration can be fatal, and if they lose control over their emotions they can fall to the dark influence of Penodris. They also must not over use the Seven Seals of Penodris, as it could prove fatal for the user, or cause them to fall to the dark influence of Penodris.

It should also be mentioned that the use of magic requires energy, and as such, the more magic one uses without rest, the weaker they get as magic energy is finite.

Equipment: Other than his clothes, a magic pendant that he wears, which grants him additional protection from other magic users and magic beings.

DETAILS

Nationality: British
Hometown: Oxford, England
Sexuality: Hetero

Biggest Flaw: Alasdair’s biggest flaw is the fact that he is not very durable, and relies on his magic and ability to avoid being hit. It doesn’t take someone of great strength to knock Alasdair out of a fight.

Main Skills: While Alasdair may not be the strongest physically, he is surprisingly light on his feet, quite fast and possess remarkable reaction times (without being superhuman). He also is very intelligent, and prefers to try and out think his opponents. He is fairly skilled in hand to hand combat, very accurate with his magic and other weapons. While he is a native English speaker, he is also fluent in a few other languages, including Welsh, Scottish Gaelic, French, Latin and Greek.

Personality: Calm and quiet are perhaps the best two words to use when describing Alasdair. Rarely does he blow his top or appear to be stressed, he almost always appears to be cool and collected, no matter the situation. It could be described as a cold calm, or an uncaring calm. But the fact is, he cares deeply for everyone even if he doesn’t show it. This can be attributed to his use of the Seven Seals of Penodris. He is also very quiet, only speaking when he deems it necessary, be it in social situations or during a battle. Despite this, he does feel the need to introduce himself to his opponents before they engage in battle. After all, he can also be described as a gentleman. It should also be mentioned that he is a stickler for rules and regulations, or a guy with a stick up his ass, depends on how you view rules and regulations.

Biography: Alasdair Francis Damon, born to parents he never knew, he was left abandoned. But he didn’t grow up alone and abandoned. He was found by a woman, who would raise him as her own child, and named him Alasdair Francis Damon. She loved him like her own child, but did not keep the fact that she wasn’t his real mother secret from him. So, as long as Alasdair could remember, he knew that his adopted mother wasn’t his real mother, but yet he always loved her as one. Despite the fact she was horrible at portraying her feelings and such. But that couldn’t be helped, after all, she was a practitioner of the Seven Seals of Penodris.

The Seven Seals of Penodris had been passed down in her family since her family discovered they could use magic, and once she learned that Alasdair had an affinity for magic when he was six, she set out on training him in the Seven Seals of Penodris, along with other types of magic. It was hard, and intense, but thanks to her training, Alasdair has become the magic user he is today. When his training was complete, he would travel with his adopted mother/teacher for her work with the Syndicate before eventually finding himself among the Futures Program, acting not only as a cadet, but as an assistant when it comes to dealing with things of magical nature.
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:19 pm

VITALS

Name: Candace Marin
Nickname/Alias: Juno
Appearance:

Build: 5'9, 132 lbs

Primary Ability: Astral Manipulation: Candace is forever bound to the stars, and while others draw energy from nowhere, she channels it from space. She has the ability to create a very convincing miniature star, and these stars of hers will burn and destroy just like a real star would if it came into contact with something. Her stars are less than six inches in any direction in terms of diameter, and can be moved by her around her general vicinity. This means she can use her stars as artillery of sorts, a destructive tool that can be thrown at her enemies. She can use these stars in their default form, or she can cause them to explode and cause splash damage across a wider radius. Furthermore, she has control over them as long as they're within her line of sight.

Other Abilities: Astral Projection: Candace is able to leave her body and travel the astral plane as a spirit that will appear to be translucent and is able to move through walls, as well as cover ground faster than she would be able to on foot. She can't interact with things in this state, but she is able to talk to others.

Mediumship: In her spirit form, Candace is able to act as a link between the world of humans and the Realm of Myths, with the latter being the theoretical place where all magical abilities come from. She can attempt to speak for beings from the Ream of Myths, but this has dangers involved with it.

Power Drawbacks: Candace's miniature stars take time to build, and while she's gathering the energy for it, she can't exactly do much else. If she's interrupted, the progress stops, and it can take ten seconds to draw enough energy for a six inch by six inch star. Also, since the stars are relatively small and concentrated, it can be hard for her to deal serious damage to heavy or armored targets since the star disintegrates near impact with something. While using her astral powers, she's vulnerable to her physical body being attacked, which is something that would kill her. She also can't interact with anything in these astral forms, and the further she moves from her real body, the harder things like navigation are. When interacting with the Realm of Myths, there's also many threats to her spirit that range from demons to other wandering spirits. Finally, moving her stars and creating them takes her own energy, meaning she can get exhausted in a battle if she plays her cards wrong.

Equipment: Candace treats herself like a walking weapon and doesn't usually carry weapons or special gear, instead relying on her most powerful weapon of all, her abilities.

DETAILS

Hometown: Santa Marina, Florida
Sexuality: She rejects adopting a label, at least officially.

Biggest Flaw: Candace's biggest flaw is her broken emotional state. Beneath the money, the fame, and the parties, she lacks connections with people and struggles with manic depression. She has extreme lows to balance out her highs, and when these lows happen at the wrong time, people can get killed by relying on her. She's also become cynical and jaded because of her interactions with people, believing that most people are only out to use her for what she has. This has played into her depression, only causing her to sink further. Also, during her highs, she's reckless and lives dangerously.
Main Skills: When Candace is having one of her highs, or even when she's just in a stable state, she's very sharp. The kind of person that has an innate sense of what to do at what time to stay out of danger and keep others away from danger. Her mind is very fast, even extremely so, but that's part of why she's an overthinking cynic in the first place. She can be a competent leader when the need requires it, at least when she's not put in charge of a large group. She's good at commanding just a few people at a time.

Personality: There's multiple sides to Candace. There's the one that her family sees, a good girl that does everything she can to become a popular hero. There's the one that her associates see. The hard drinking and drug using punk who acts totally different out of the spotlight, caring about a good time and not much else. And then there's the side that Candace hides from everyone, the one that suffers from some terrible lows and feels like the entire world is stacked against her. Which one of these is the real her? Well, the thing is, Candace herself doesn't even know.

Biography: Candace has had a weird life from the start. She was born into one of the absolute most famous families in the world, the Marin family. She's the second oldest of Gaia and Kronos' kids. Cassandra, also known as Jupiter, is her older sister, while Cassius and Cassia are her younger brother and sister respectively. As the closest thing to a middle child in this family, Candace didn't get the most attention growing up. Cassandra was the one that was exceptional, winning praise at every chance by performing well in everything she attempted, and finding a way to shrug it off gracefully when she didn't do as well. Hale and Emerald were the younger ones, getting plenty of attention from their parents and others as cute kids who were younger and more interesting than the middle sister.

Candace had a hard time connecting with anyone, really, not just her family. She didn't develop the same social skills as Cassandra, and at school, kids knew her because of her name and her money and not because of the kind of person she was. She was manipulated many times by friends that pretended to like her, but really just wanted money, gifts, or the popularity that came with being friends with a Marin. This would happen to her repeatedly, until she snapped going into the first day of high school and knocked her false best friend out in the hallway. She was suspended for this, but she didn't care. When the school asked why she did what she did, she claimed that she was putting a stop the the manipulation and lying.

In high school, Candace began using drugs to fuel her self discovery, and to take away some of the pain of frequently being alone despite her large amounts of money and her famous family. She found herself surrounded with fake people, and that even many of the people around her family were like this. The substances she used were just another way of getting away from that. At age sixteen, she left high school and began online schooling to finish getting her diploma. Instead of attending classes, she began spending her time on the streets with her best friend, Vivian Shaw. They built up an entourage around themselves and spent time around clubs, or just hanging out. Vivian was all Candace had, really, but she was fine that that. The drugs kept her from feeling sad about it too often.

When she was eighteen, she was given more of a sense of purpose. She was inducted into Team Diamond, where her parents and Cassandra were making their living. She was given the name Juno, using the same naming scheme as the names that her other family members on the team used. However, joining Team Diamond only increased her fame, and Candace wasn't necessarily happy with the whole thing. She had increased expectations from everyone, expectations she could hardly meet. And everything she did, the press wanted to see. Keeping her private life a secret became harder, and Candace wasn't the type of person that was built for the spotlight. It ate away at her, the expectations crushing down on her.

Those expectations built up over time and concluded with her being hospitalized for an accidental drug overdose when she was nineteen. Her family wanted to know what had gone wrong, and where they had messed up with parenting her. Candace wanted to run further from the world of heroes, however, and she ran away for six months after that to live in Kingston, Jamaica, with Team Diamond teammate and mentor Soulja. Soulja had been a mentor to Candace for a long time, as the mother of Candace's best friend. She would influence Candace to come back to the United States and Santa Monica after taking her break, reminding her of the chance to create her own legacy and do something for herself rather than her family.

She would return to Team Diamond and she would join the Futures Program too, but this time, after the words of her mentor, she swore that she was doing it for herself and not for her parents.

#HLApp
Last edited by Forest State on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Nachfolgia wrote:snip

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:12 pm

Ok, here's my latest idea. A South American who can either make people hallucinate and then make the hallucinations tangible (though without being able to control them),

-or-

the character can temporarily make anything tangible into illusions, and maybe something else psionic.

Do either of these sound good? If so, is one better than the other?

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:18 pm

Talchyon wrote:Ok, here's my latest idea. A South American who can either make people hallucinate and then make the hallucinations tangible (though without being able to control them),

-or-

the character can temporarily make anything tangible into illusions, and maybe something else psionic.

The first one sounds both interesting and practical in actual use, as long as the hallucinations aren't like, giant invincible monsters or something like that. Would be interesting seeing characters try to figure out if it's a hallucination or real.
don't tread on me

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:25 pm

Forest State wrote:
Talchyon wrote:Ok, here's my latest idea. A South American who can either make people hallucinate and then make the hallucinations tangible (though without being able to control them),

-or-

The first one sounds both interesting and practical in actual use, as long as the hallucinations aren't like, giant invincible monsters or something like that. Would be interesting seeing characters try to figure out if it's a hallucination or real.

OK. I'll try to get this person worked out in an app. I am starting to get some ideas for the background...

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:14 pm

VITALS

Name: Wesley Bonaventura
Nickname/Alias: Worldwide / Outlaw (Formerly)
Appearance:

Build: 6'0, 152 lbs

Primary Ability: Computer sense. Wesley has an innate understanding of computers and things that relate to them, including internet. From the time he first started using a computer, things like the backend operations of a website and even some of the more advanced parts of coding came easily for him. These things take far less time for Wesley to learn than a normal person would, and when it comes to learning things related to computers, it doesn't seem like Wesley has an upper limit. His limit is boredom rather than a hard cap on talent, and his ability pushes him to learn rather easily. This ability also extends to other forms of electronics, and it applies to both electronic hardware and software.

Other Abilities: N/A

Power Drawbacks: While Wesley can learn computer related skills very easily, and is an expert in just about anything relevant that involves computers, he still needs to take the time to actually create things using these powers, or to hack into things, or do anything really. He's not a Hollywood hacker that can instantly hack things or write up a program, even though he does have the expertise needed to do these things. He's also limited by hardware. A large undertaking might require hardware that has to be required. He can't turn a laptop into a supercomputer. He also can't do things that are flat out impossible, like instantly stealing everyone's passwords with a few clicks. If the tech isn't around already to do something, he has to invent it... Which takes time and considerable effort, even with his ability. Also, he doesn't have any physical enhancements outside of his power, and it doesn't keep him from being a fairly normal guy outside of computers.

Equipment: To make up for his lack of physical enhancements of any kind, Wesley has thin black body armor and a black mask to use in the field. The armor, which was designed by the Syndicate's in house engineers, doesn't offer any crazy amount of protection but it does help more than just wearing normal street clothes, especially when going up against hard hitting metahumans. The armor restricts movement slightly, because it's not powered, but it can glance off some blows or help absorb the impact from projectile attacks.

DETAILS

Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio
Sexuality: Straight

Biggest Flaw: Wesley's biggest flaw is perhaps his ambition, which exists to the extent that happiness is hard to find for him. It's hard to be happy while always chasing after the next thing, no matter what the next thing actually is, and that's exactly the position that Wesley finds himself in. He's always looking ahead, making plans, and trying to stay one step ahead of competitors. You could say that Wesley has forgotten, in this process, how to sit back and smell the metaphorical roses while enjoying success.
Main Skills: Wesley's main skill lies in his creativeness and resourcefulness. If you give him a stack of money, odds are he'll be able to give you back more after sitting on it for a bit and coming up with a plan to grow the amount. In his own life, Wesley has solved many situations through sheer force of will and creativity, and through being willing to work when others are sleeping or having fun.

Personality: Cool, calm, and collected are three words that can all be used to describe Wesley. He's not the kind of person to break under pressure. Quite the opposite. He's a very smart type of person that shines under pressure, but can run into trouble when others aren't as dedicated to the task as him or when people are frivolous at the expense of his plans.

Biography: Cleveland, Ohio. Not the place that most people want to be born into, but it's the place that Wesley was born in and there wasn't anything he could do about it. That was one of the few things in his life that he didn't have the option of taking into his own hands, really. Growing up in Cleveland was about what you would expect, as Wesley came from a blue collar family that had only worked industrial jobs. He was the first one in the family to be a serious expert in computers, but from a young age, he always knew that it was what he was going to do. It started with him using computers at school and having an extreme affinity for them. Then, when he was in middle school, he finally attained a computer of his own after lifting one of the older models that the school was setting out for scrap.

It ran Windows 98 and wasn't much in the way of hardware, but Wesley pushed the limits of that hardware as much as he could and used the computer until it gave out completely. Throughout his life, though, he would always manage to acquire a computer. In junior high, he got into coding. Into making his own programs and looking into it as a way to get out of the situation his family was in, and his inevitable fate of becoming a blue collar factory worker in a job that didn't offer too much of a future. His first sales came from a Candy Crush knockoff game for mobile devices, and it was quickly profitable enough to upgrade his hardware to a decent level. He'd do freelance backend work for websites, under a pseudonym. They didn't need to know that he was only in junior high, at this point.

In high school, Wesley set his mind on his greatest project. Not something to make money with, but something for himself. An artificial intelligence, like the one's he'd seen in movies and the ones he'd imagined in the past. It was his pet project, but he needed something to fund it. That was why Wesley became wrapped up in the criminal underworld, creating a secretive onion site for black market sales. This site would soon grow and become very profitable for Wesley, who moved out at 18 and set up in the Philippines to avoid scrutiny from the United States government and work on his projects in peace, now that he had the funds to pursue his main project. He would go back into working on that project, while at the same time becoming somewhat famous in the criminal world because of his website taking off and becoming a destination for black market goods.

However, despite Wesley's criminal background, the Syndicate ended up making him an offer because of his obvious skill and potential to be a valuable asset for their own side. And it ended up being an offer that Wesley couldn't refuse, taking him to Santa Marina to live and work at Syndicate HQ.

#HLApp
Last edited by Forest State on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:59 am

So an app for someone that wields raw and unrefined dimensional energy and turns it into weapons is incoming.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

WIP bio later

Postby Korhal IVV » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:00 am

VITALS

Name: Nikolas Aknolojia
Nickname/Alias: The Forger
Appearance:

Build: 5’3 and 180 lbs
Primary Ability: Dimensional Energy Refinement(DER): Wields pure and unrefined dimensional energy. It appears that he can summon forth magical energies from higher dimensions at will, and he can either reform it into a weapon, or use it as a dangerous and raw explosive. Given time, he can forge weapons ranging from a simple estoc blade to a main battle tank. Meanwhile, using the magical energy as an explosive agent is like throwing a explosive with the power of a M42 rocket launcher.

Other Abilities: Heightened Sight: In short, he has the eyes of a hawk. He can accurately see even the tiniest details, which allows him to exploit weaknesses to the fullest while wielding a conjured weapon.

Power Drawbacks: As mentioned, everything he makes requires time and concentration to make. An estoc type sword would take as little as one second, but the more sophisticated the desired weapon is, the longer it will take. In general, firearms range from 10 seconds to 45 seconds, cannons at two minutes to four minutes, and vehicles at 10 to 30 minutes. Thus, there are limited options to use when in the middle of a fight. Using the energy as an explosive is a taxing thing, and using it too much can cause fatigue or even fainting.

Equipment: Just the clothes in his person…

DETAILS

Nationality: Greek
Hometown: Athens
Sexuality: Straight. Likes lesbian women the most(for some reason).

Biggest Flaw: Perhaps his greatest flaw is being too ruthless and indifferent with a “the end justifies the means” mindset. He pretty much doesn’t care what it takes to achieve the end goal. The only thing that can dissuade him from being callous like that is a direct and absolute order. When he engages the enemy, every attack is done not with the intent to neutralize, but to terminate. Though he wants world peace, he wouldn’t mind if the price is the lives of one or two billion.
Main Skills: Combined with his ability to create weapons is to wield them expertly. He is both a swordsman and perhaps a decent shooter, if not average. In addition, if he gets to make a vehicle, he can drive it pretty well.

Other than that, he is pretty analytic, drawing logical conclusions from available evidence. Thus, he is very likely to detect possible weaknesses in enemies.

In a totally unrelated field, he is a very good cook. Someone who sees him for the first time wouldn’t think he is(or will be) a ruthless killing machine in combat.
Personality: Though a ruthless destroyer in a fight, in peacetime, it is almost the opposite. Though he may seem like having a lack of tact as well as being a little too blunt, apart from that he wouldn’t seem to be too bad at all. He often expresses concern when people seem to have a deep problem, and has a thing for being a comforter. If there are people he would never, ever harm while trying to achieve a goal, it would be his family and friends. He may not care less if some random civilians get caught by debris caused by some weapon he conjured, but tell him that a friend is in there and he goes craaaaaazy. Nikolas is callous, but he is not a psychopath.

Biography: The Forger was born in Athens to a working class family. He was the first of the Aknolojias to have metahuman capabilities, and thus was viewed with mixed reactions. Some saw him as who he was: just a person with a few differences, but nothing more. However, others seemed to… fear it.

For the first 17 years of his life, he lived a pretty ordinary life, except that some people often stared at him. He was kindly and pacifistic back then; he would never even think of conjuring weapons out of his power, instead using it for more practical purposes, such as barbeque racks and extra plates. He was loved by those around him. Little did he know that a local Greek villain group was eyeing him and his power. They sought his power for their own uses and were already making plans to render Nikolas their servitor. Thus, this group kidnapped him in the night, using tranquilizers to keep him subdued as he was carried almost a hundred miles away from home. Nikalos awoke strapped to a chair, a device placed over his head that would wipe out his memories and turn him to one of them. The device activated, and as it began its work, Syndicate members broke in, shattering the wall and destroying the device. However, some damage was already done. When he was freed, there was only bloodthirst against those who violated his humanity. Casting off the chains, he conjured two blades from the raw energies of the higher dimensions. Despite efforts of the Syndicate members to stop his rampage, he charged forth and attacked the villains who were fleeing from the Syndicate. They were unprepared and the first one was killed as Nikolas’ conjured katana was stabbed straight into his heart. Another was slain as an estoc was thrown at her at high speed, penetrating her brain. The Syndicate had to tranquilize the rampaging Nikolas in order to stop him from fatiguing himself to death.

He would wake up normally later, and with his mind calmed, he was offered to take part in the Futures Program. He showed great promise, though his mind was essentially violated by the attempted memory wipe. He was told that his mind can be cured, given time, and the Syndicate will help with that if he joined them.

He accepted. He bid his friends and family a farewell before he left...

#HLApp
Last edited by Korhal IVV on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

The Cross and Davids Star
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:09 am

VITALS

Name: Nev Hurn
Nickname/Alias: Decipher
Appearance:

Build: Quadruple Amputee,110 lbs, 6’
Primary Ability:
Data Manipulation: Nev is able to manipulate the coding of electronic devices to his will, either absorbing into his nervous system to gain information or change the data altogether. His power only works in a 100 foot diameter, and can only access the code of electronics directly and if they are powered.
Other Abilities: Living Supercomputer: To be able to process all the data that Nev absorbs, his brain has adapted to act much like a CPU, increasing his overall intelligence.

Mental Encryption: With his mind becoming more computer-like, Nev uses some of the data he absorbs to create a ‘firewall’ to protect his thoughts, making it difficult for those with mental powers to affect him.

Power Drawbacks:
If whatever code he absorbs happens to host a computer virus, the virus will affect him as if he caught something like the flu. Electromagnetic pulses or electric shocks can cause him to undergo extreme pain as his nerves go haywire and render him immobile, as well as blind. Too much information all at once will cause him to undergo a seizure, therefore he must limit himself to how much he can absorb at a time. While he does possess genius level intellect, this makes him emotionally inept and loses his ability to use his intuition. Magnets present as much of a danger to Nev as they would a computer, and side effects of demagnitization include things such as memory loss, but could be as severe as causing a coma. When faced with excessive amount of sensory information, Nev's mind can possibly overload as it tries to process it all, causing headaches so intense that he cannot focus on much else. This also happens when his mind overanalyzes something.
Equipment: Cybernetic Limbs and Eyes, Face-concealing Mask. The more blueprints for gear that Nev possesses, the more modular his combat loadouts can be.
DETAILS

Hometown: Nowhere, Oklahoma
Sexuality: Bi
Biggest Flaw: Nev’s biggest flaw is his overreliance on his own intelligence instead of trusting his gut or his allies, making him hard to cooperate with in many cases.
Main Skills: Nev’s skills have thier name right on the tin, he is an expert in dealing with electronics and have utilised his expertise often during his time as a vigilante. His abilty to access code directly allows him to bypass any firewalls that would have normally protected whatever needed to be kept hidden, making him adept at hacking.

Personality:
Nev is a very quiet person most of the time, but this doesn’t mean that he won’t talk, but he won’t talk with his real voice, mainly because his speech is hard to understand from his injuries. He hides a lot of his more personal details instinctively, much more so than his face. He doesn’t emotion into account often, which may cause some awkward situations. As of Arc 2, Nev has become more open, with his injuries healed and a confessed love to a fellow cadet, Jenniffer Jane Doe, even going as far as removing his mask in public.

Biography: Born literally in the middle of Nowhere, Oklahoma, Nev was hit with a slew of problems in his life, from being bullied for his weakness to ruining one relationship after another simply because he couldn't feel affection. On top of all that, he was the most gullible person in town, countless times he'd be tricked into doing something to become popular, only to have it exposed and him humiliated. That all began to change when Nev got his first computer however, and realized his power when he absorbed the codes of several computer games.

The opportunity of revenge in his grasp, he found his way into electronic after electronic, discovering and exposing secrets for the world to see. Anyone who tried to mess with him were later met with their secrets plastered all over social media, to the point where several people had committed suicide to escape the humiliation, and all Nev felt was the joy of seeing them pay. He then travelled around the world as a vigilante, exposing the corruption of politicians and others in power, as well as trafficking rings.

However, one operation went awry, what was supposed to be a simple tailing took a turn for the worse, as his target later somehow tracked him down, drugged him, and threw him into a dumpster fire. Due to the quick response of first responders, his life was saved, but much of his body was burned beyond function, and whatever could work was charred, leading to his promotion from a human to a technical cyborg. However, that came a huge financial cost, something he couldn’t pay for.

Several days after however, Nev was approached by a man, who gave him a choice to go legit and join the Syndicate’s Future Program, in exchange paying off his debt, reluctantly, Nev accepted, and was transported to Syndicate HQ to remain in the infirmary until he recovered, weeks later, and the day approached where Nev will hold up his side of the deal…
#HLApp
Last edited by The Cross and Davids Star on Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:33 am

FYI for everyone, we're going to start the IC in split locations. You have the choice of attending a mission in Colombia, where we'll back up Team Diamond in combating the Riot and the Horsemen, or staying back at HQ and having your own side arcs instead. There will be no introduction period, everyone will have been here for six months at the start of the IC. If you're planning on doing the mission, you should comment here so I can see what our team looks like.

The Cross and Davids Star wrote:snip

Accepted.
Last edited by Forest State on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:45 am

Tag
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse