NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:16 pm

I mean, technically, it wouldn't have to be 4th wall because Harl is so screwed-up wacko, that anything that comes outta that girl's mouth sounds like its breaking some sorta wall! :lol:

And hey, I can take Huntress, come on bring it!!! Librarians eat school teachers for breakfast! :lol:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Little Kid: Umm...why are Miss Gordon and Miss Bertinelli fighting? Are they MMA fighters? *asks worriedly*

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:19 pm

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:20 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Little Kid: Umm...why are Miss Gordon and Miss Bertinelli fighting? Are they MMA fighters? *asks worriedly*

YOU BETTER READ YOUR BOOKS AND SAY YOUR PRAYERS!!! WHACHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LIBRARIAN RUNS WILD ON YOU?????

HOO HAA!

*flexes*
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:23 pm

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:26 pm

Okay, i'm waiting for ye to post.
Just saying, The historian is using a Infantry Janissary Yataghan sword

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Skarten wrote:
Whalestron wrote:Oh

Oh no

Okay, i'm waiting for ye to post.

Got the post up

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:31 pm

Whalestron wrote:
Skarten wrote:Okay, i'm waiting for ye to post.

Got the post up

Yay!

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Auphelia wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Little Kid: Umm...why are Miss Gordon and Miss Bertinelli fighting? Are they MMA fighters? *asks worriedly*

YOU BETTER READ YOUR BOOKS AND SAY YOUR PRAYERS!!! WHACHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LIBRARIAN RUNS WILD ON YOU?????

HOO HAA!

*flexes*

Babs: See, kids, this is what happens when you don't return your library books! *puts Helena in a headlock*

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Cool but how did you see anything like that?
It was an explosion and then he charged. Blackpowder grenades release a lot of smoke.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Skarten wrote:Cool but how did you see anything like that?
It was an explosion and then he charged. Blackpowder grenades release a lot of smoke.

I assumed the throw would be aimed at him once he left the smoke when he attacked, like I stated in the post he could dodge it with little effort, or you could even say it just missed.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:36 pm

Well...I'm assuming he charged out of the smoke. I mean, he would have to in order to sight Babs, right? ;) And anyway, Layla has enhanced vision lens in her mask. So does Babs for that matter because, you know, she's Batgirl. :p

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:39 pm

Whalestron wrote:

I assumed the throw would be aimed at him once he left the smoke when he attacked, like I stated in the post he could dodge it with little effort, or you could even say it just missed.

Yeah, well i'd say it would most likely miss, but okay.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:41 pm

Layla is on the other side of the corridor right?

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Sorry, I was away for a second, went to eat some brats and drink Dr. Pepper from my special Dr. Pepper drinking glass. (Seriously. No joke whatsoever.)
United States of Brainy wrote:And hey, I can take Huntress, come on bring it!!! Librarians eat school teachers for breakfast! :lol:

I now REALLY want this to happen. Not so much a fight, but a jealous rivalry between the two simply because the Question likes Dr. Pepper.

Besides, if Terrible Writing Advice has taught me anything, it is that no story is complete without a convoluted love triangle. :rofl:

Mr. Sage (the English teacher): Oh no, not that. They are just having a little...erm...disagreement about stuff. Why don't you children run along and don't tell anyone else about this okay, I am here to resolve the issue. *After kicking the kid out and closing the door, he proceeds to get some popcorn, watch the fight, and goad them on.* "I have a dinner reservation for two people tonight! Whoever wins gets to be my date!" he yells over the noise.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Hero APP:
Name/Alias: Caleb Howell A.K.A. Whitesnake
Appearance:
ImageYes, I used Snake eyes. Sue me.

Personality: Caleb is a gruff old man. He’s a loner, a drunk, and a bitter son of a gun. Having lived nearly a century, he feels as though he’s no longer suited to be in the new world as it constantly advances, believing that he just wasn’t born for the new era. Caleb also has suicidal tendencies, but has esssentially given up on the prospect of suicide, as he basically can’t die in any quick or painless way, as his body will simply recover. Despite all this, he has a prevailing sense of justice, and an instinct to play the part of a hero and fight against the rapidly changing and more powerful villains.
Race: Human
Backstory:
Caleb was born in the early 1920s, during the year just after the end of World War One. He lived the life of you’re average rich boy back in the 1920s, listening to jazz and ragtime music, and riding the high life. He was a child prodigy, well respected by his peers and admired by jealous parents of the peers who respected him. By the time World War Two began kicking off in the late 1930s, he was working a job as a piano player for a rich man in Chicago, one of the few who had lasted through the depression. In 1941, when the U.S. officially joined the war, Caleb was one of the first to sign up. He was an exemplary soldier, so exemplary in fact, that he was chosen to be a part of a special program known as Valkyrie. Soldiers signed up in this program were initially submitted for managerial positions, to manage what, they weren’t informed. However, the higher ups decided to repurpose these managers and use them as the subjects mod the program after a distinct lack of war prisoners. The subjects were subjected to a number of rather horrid experiments, injecting them full of a little bit of this here there, removing something from wherever, being reshaped into inhuman soldiers. Caleb was one of the few successful experiments, being one of the few who survived Nanotech treatments. He was then released, with one order. “Go fight for America, and never speak of what happened to you here soldier.” And that’s exactly what Caleb did. He fought wars for America, ending up in practically every war from 50s to present day, taking on various roles. Eventually, he was discharged from service and left to his own devices. And so, he forgot about his powers. Pushed what he could do out of his mind. He went to live in Gotham, took up work as a security guard (a job at which he was exceptional, by the way.) and eventually worked his way to being a bodyguard. However, upon the recent crime increase in Gotham, his sense of justice was tested. He decided to once again fight, not for America, but for the people of it.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
Nanotech: Caleb is chock full of tiny robots known as nanotech that perform tasks that allow his body to perform beyond the standards of a normal human. Things nanotech does include:
Anti-aging: Thanks to nanotechs restorative abilities, it allows cells to reproduce without suffering the consequences of age and degradation that comes with cellular aging. This causes Caleb’s body and organs to remain as though he were in his early 20s, and not over 90 years old.
Human capability enhancing: Speaking of peak conditions, Nanotech increases a persons physical abilities to beyond that of a normal humans, allowing them to lift things almost twice their weight, run at near 40 miles per hour, sustain said running speed for several hours at a time, so on and so forth.
Healing factor: Caleb has taken 17 bullets to the chest and recovered within 6 minutes.
Durability: Caleb has take 17 bullets to the chest and survived, as well as getting hit head on by a truck going about 50 mph
Equipment:
-Rifle: A foldable rifle with various attachments, including a scope, a silencer, bayonet, as well as multiple types of bullets.
-Incendiary: Upon making contact with a surface, the bullet, which contains a canister of flammable gas, will burst open, creating a spark that ignites the gas, with varying degrees of effectiveness.
-Poisoned dart: A small disc shaped dark filled with a non lethal neurotoxin that paralyzes the target upon entering the bloodstream.
-Tranq dart: A small disc shaped dart that releases a powerful narcotic substance that makes opponents incredibly drowsy, fatigued, and generally unable to fight.
-Shock bullet: A bullet holding what is essentially a miniature taser in the tip. Acts to temporarily immobilize the target.
-Recon shot: A bullet containing an audio detection device that feeds into a protected signal only Whitesnake can access through a built in radio in his helmet.

-Pistol: A rather unremarkable yet remarkable military grade Glock G21 Gen4.
-Snakeyes: Multiple tactical drones with recon and combat equipment, including:
-Cameras
-Audio sensors
-Tracker darts
-Machine guns

-Katana: A lightweight katana made out of a special metal known as black titanium, durable yet flexible and lightweight mixture of steel, titanium, and carbon.
-Robotic arm: One of the weaknesses of nanotech is its inability to heal injuries that go beyond its limits, as illustrated by Whitesnakes mechanical left arm. This arm is not only stronger and faster than it human arm, it also has multiple various gadgets to assist Whitesnake, including:
-A grappling hook
-A controller for his Snakeye drones
-A laser cutter in the pointer finger
-A fingerprint replicator
-A hand that also acts as a throwable explosive in the worst of situations.

-His suit: Constructed of a Black Titanium based polymer fabric, the suit is practically bulletproof against lighter firearms such as pistols unless at point blank range. However, weapons such as assault rifles can penetrate the armor.
-His helmet: The helmet contains a laundry list of various gadgets
-A rebreather: Allows him to breath underwater and in toxic gas areas.
-A personal camera: Allows him to playback the events of a mission to look for things he may have missed
-A personal radio: Feeds into police scanners, his audio bullets, and the audio sensors from his drones. Plus FM and AM radio, as well as his IPod (because why not?)

-A stun knife: A knife that doubles as a stun stick, why is basically like a taser on a stick, meaning it’s three weapons in one! Hell yeah!
Weaknesses: -Nanotech limitations: As I’ve stated before, nanotech can not restore limbs, or instantly repair bones. Bones take longer to heal. Plus, if stabbed in the heart or something of that nature, and having the knife twisted once stabbed in, or simply held there, the healing factor cannot act, and thus he will die. Also if his heart or brain were to be carved out.
- Mild Suicidal tendencies: Caleb has lived past his years and seen all those he loved die around him. The only thing that keeps him in this world is his nanotech, which won’t let him die no matter how hard he tries.
Skills:
-Marksmanship
-Strategy
-Mastery of multiple martial arts
-Experienced in combat beyond his years
-Driving pretty much anything, from a motorcycle to a stunt plan, to even a rocket (which he did once, fun fact)
RP Examples: *Elias sheds a single tear
Extra Information
Day Job: Personal Bodyguard to some celebrity or another
Living Place: Diamond District, a high rent apartment near Wayne industries. (Fun fact, Wayne owns the building.)
Voice Actor: David Hayter
Likes/Dislikes:
+ Drinking
+ Smoking
+ A good old fashioned game of cards
+ Playing pool
+ Watching football
+ Music from back in his day
- “Punk music”
- Vietnam flashback memes (he was actually in Vietnam, so understandable)
- Communism (Remember, he was alive during a time for communism panic was at its height)
- “Hotshots who think they’re all that” (perhaps referencing his thoughts on the younger generation of heroes)
Theme Song: MGS Theme
Did you read the rules? “If I had a nickel for every time I’ve answered that question, I’d be the richest fuck on earth.”- Caleb Howell
Suit Index

Because Caleb has multiple suits, I’ve decided to create a small portion of the app where I will describe each of them. Just a simple appearance and equipment portion, as well as maybe a backstory if the story behind it is worth mentioning.
-1951 suit “백인 악마”(Translation: The White Devil)
Appearance: A simple white jumpsuit type outfit with a rather disturbing gold mask. It comes with black boots and a black cloak, as well as coming with two blade so (a Geom and a Hwando) made of steel.
Capabilities: Nothing special, aside from shock absorbers in the boots.
Backstory: Used in the Korean War by Caleb Howell. Designed to terrify the enemy due to its ghost/devil like appearance, as well as Caleb’s strange death defying abilities.
-Whitesnake Suit V.1
Appearance: A simple black cloth outfit with leather outer armor.
Capabilities: Light outer armor that protects from blunt and dull edged weapons.
Backstory: The first proper Whitesnake suit.
-Whitesnake suit V.2
Appearance: The current Whitesnake suit. Image in appearances section of app
Capabilities: Described in weapons section of app
Backstory: Made after the first suit just wasn’t good enough.
-Whitesnake Advance V.1 Proto
Appearance:

Capabilities: The Advance V.1 Proto far surpasses any of its predecessors in every way. It holds many utilities, far more than even the original suit. It’s various tech includes:
-Bulletproof outer plating (not entirely bullet proof. A powerful enough assault rifle could penetrate it.)
-Jet boosters on the arms and legs for assisted mobility
-Shock abosrobers all around the suit to minimize damage to Caleb in the inside of the suit
-High powered fusion core: This core connects to multiple weapons and tools for assistance in combat. These include:
-Short range energy cannons located on the palm of each hand
-Superheated punch based attacks
-Jet assisted melee combat
-Energy Burst: High power is put into the palm cannons, allowing for a singular consistentbirst of pure energy.

-Built-in AI assistant: Named Elton. Caleb’s personal assistant, Elton has multiple capabilities including:
-Rapid calculation: Elton can rapidly calculate out the results of any scenario, allowing Caleb to easily make the correct actions in combat for the best outcome.
-Enemy fighting style recording/Counteracting: Elton analyzes an opponents fughting style and creates a counter strategy to the opponent
-Detective mode: Elton can activate an analyzation mode for both itself and Caleb to easily detect evidence and such, like fingerprints, blood marks, and tony details most people would generally miss.
-Built in phone: Elton can make calls and contact people via the radio built into the Advance V.1 helmet, as well as tap into other radio signals such as police scanners and such, as well as FM and AM radio.
-Automatic Fusion power reroute: Elton can manipulate the flow of power from the suits core in order to fuel one more needed system over another less important one at any given time.

-Weaponry:
-Dual Blades, Katana and Wakizashi: Two swords, a long and short one, constructed of a synthetic metal material referred to as Dragon scale. The swords are sharp enough to cut through steel, and are practically invincible, as well as being lightweight and flexible. The swords can be charged with fusion energy to gain a white hot cutting edge.
-Twin Pistols: Dual automatic pistols of a special make. They fire at the speed of an AK-47 with practically no recoil.
-Rifle: A long ranged rifle similar to Caleb’s original, worth all the same bullets, but higher fire power, fire speed, and range. It now also comes with an automatic mode.
-Twin “Snake Fangs”: A pair of razor sharp knives that can be charged just like the twin swords.
-Kusarigama: Twin scythe blades attached by a chain.
-Claw Blades: Knife like blades that extend from the tips of the fingers. Used primarily as a last stand weapon.

-Vipers Eye: Upgraded, more durable versions of the Snake Eye drones. Carry all the same stuff, just higher quality.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 11 times in total.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:44 pm

Skarten wrote:
Whalestron wrote:I assumed the throw would be aimed at him once he left the smoke when he attacked, like I stated in the post he could dodge it with little effort, or you could even say it just missed.

Yeah, well i'd say it would most likely miss, but okay.

Go for it, it’s just thrown in to add a little action.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Tamrida wrote:Sorry, I was away for a second, went to eat some brats and drink Dr. Pepper from my special Dr. Pepper drinking glass. (Seriously. No joke whatsoever.)

I now REALLY want this to happen. Not so much a fight, but a jealous rivalry between the two simply because the Question likes Dr. Pepper.

Besides, if Terrible Writing Advice has taught me anything, it is that no story is complete without a convoluted love triangle. :rofl:

Mr. Sage (the English teacher): Oh no, not that. They are just having a little...erm...disagreement about stuff. Why don't you children run along and don't tell anyone else about this okay, I am here to resolve the issue. *After kicking the kid out and closing the door, he proceeds to get some popcorn, watch the fight, and goad them on.* "I have a dinner reservation for two people tonight! Whoever wins gets to be my date!" he yells over the noise.

Wait. You have a Dr. Pepper drinking glass? Screw the wedding ring, I'll marry ya! :lol:

And yes...the English teacher watching his fellow teacher and the school librarian in an all-out brawl, this is why parents homeschool! :lol:

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Uh, just saying, i'm pretty sure that a Ottoman Yataghan can cut through a baton. As in, cut one in half.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Skarten wrote:Uh, just saying, i'm pretty sure that a Ottoman Yataghan can cut through a baton. As in, cut one in half.

A steel baton?

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Haedros, another one?!! How many damn character apps you got?!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ohhhh....alright. *grudgingly begins to look over*

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:51 pm

Whalestron wrote:
Skarten wrote:Uh, just saying, i'm pretty sure that a Ottoman Yataghan can cut through a baton. As in, cut one in half.

A steel baton?

A steel baton? I'm not sure, maybe.Are you talking about what kind of steel baton?

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Whalestron wrote:

A steel baton?

Batgirl's baton is made out of a carbon tungsten alloy, at least twice as strong as steel, virtually unbreakable.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Yeah, Skart, your sword ain't cutting through our batons.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:54 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Whalestron wrote:A steel baton?

Batgirl's baton is made out of a carbon tungsten alloy, at least twice as strong as steel, virtually unbreakable.

I hope an old sword won’t cut through it, then :lol2:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse