NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:26 pm

Anyhow,i posted.
Time for the fighto

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Skarten wrote:Anyhow,i posted.
Time for the fighto

YAY!!!

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:30 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Skarten wrote:Anyhow,i posted.
Time for the fighto

YAY!!!

Anyhow,i'm going off, but if you post, just gonna say that The Historian is really good with that kind of weapon.
He'll probably make a darn good fight, and could possibly even "win", so pls don't just curbstomp him.
Last edited by Skarten on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:42 pm

I decided to combine both the animated and comic book versions of the Question for my character. Here it is:
Hero APP: (Delete Everything in Parentheses including this)
Name/Alias: Charles Victor Szasz (Vic Sage)/Question
Appearance:
Height: 6'2
Weight: 182 lbs
Hair: Strawberry Blonde
Eyes: Blue
The Question
Personality: Vic Sage is friendly and amicable without being very open or warm. He is paranoid about most things and goes out of his way to learn and dig up information on everybody, believing that they all have a secret to hide, and comes up with "crackpot" conspiracy theories. Politically, Vic Sage is considered Right-wing and is willing to have philosophical debates and crossfires with other people who are interested in doing so.
Faction: N/A
Race: Human

Backstory: Born Charles Victor Szasz, Vic Sage grew up as a struggling orphan with a reputation for trouble. After college he became an aggressive and outspoken reporter in his hometown of Hub City, one of the most corrupt cities in America. After he was fed false information for a story that he released on Dr. Arby Twain, he wanted to bust the villainous doctor and regain his good name. Working with Dr. Twain's old partner, they devised a plan to track down Dr. Twain and force him to confess regarding his illegal business practices. Disguising his face with Pseudoderm, a toxic substance invented by Dr. Twain and his partner, the plan went off successfully with his reporting reputation being saved, Dr. Twain being imprisoned, and the new hero Question being created.

After the creation of Question, Vic Sage continued to fight crime and corruption as the faceless detective and was eventually invited to the Justice League to help them investigate a corrupt business. While investigating, he was approached by the vigilante the Huntress, who offered information in exchange for his help. Knowing that she didn't have any information, the Question decided to help her out anyway, helping her to reduce her use of needless violence and solving her problems. After this a flourishing romance began between the two.

After helping out the Huntress and the Justice League, Vic Sage continued his own career as a hero, and worked with other heroes, even serving as the protector of Gotham when Batman went away earlier. Now with Batman gone, the Question has decided to take up the role again as the protector of Gotham, to help the city counter the newest crime wave that it is encountering.

Powers/Weapons/Tech: Tech: Pseudoderm Mask (Impossible to remove
Weaknesses: Somewhat unlikeable because of his personality, Mask is toxic if it gets on an open wound
Skills:
  • Brilliant detective (World's Second Best After Batman)
  • Genius intellect
  • Dragon style martial arts
  • Hand-to-hand combat
  • Interrogating, intimidating, and investigating
  • Journalism
  • Indominable will
  • Evasive driving
RP Examples: Do I have to?
Extra Information N/A
Day Job: Investigative Journalist
Living Place: Apartment in Midtown Gotham
Voice Actor: Jeffrey Combs (He hits the nail on the head in my opinion)
Likes/Dislikes:
    • Solving Problems
    • Control of a situation
    • One-liners
    • Objectivism
      Dislikes:
    • Corruption
    • Crime
    • Injustice
    • Uncontrollable situations
Theme Song: N/A
Did you read the rules? Yes
(Please Note: The part about conservatism and objectivism is based on his character. My personal political views will not be stated in any threads.)

Sources:
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Charles_Victor_Szasz_(New_Earth)
http://dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Question
Last edited by Tamrida on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Skarten wrote:
YAY!!!

Anyhow,i'm going off, but if you post, just gonna say that The Historian is really good with that kind of weapon.
He'll probably make a darn good fight, and could possibly even "win", so pls don't just curbstomp him.

Posted. And no curbstomping, got it! :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Tamrida wrote:I decided to combine both the animated and comic book versions of the Question for my character. Here it is:
Hero APP: (Delete Everything in Parentheses including this)
Name/Alias: Charles Victor Szasz (Vic Sage)/Question
Appearance:
Height: 6'2
Weight: 182 lbs
Hair: Strawberry Blonde
Eyes: Blue
The Question
Personality: Vic Sage is friendly and amicable without being very open or warm. He is paranoid about most things and goes out of his way to learn and dig up information on everybody, believing that they all have a secret to hide, and comes up with "crackpot" conspiracy theories. Politically, Vic Sage is considered Right-wing and is willing to have philosophical debates and crossfires with other people who are interested in doing so.
Faction: N/A

Backstory: Born Charles Victor Szasz, Vic Sage grew up as a struggling orphan with a reputation for trouble. After college he became an aggressive and outspoken reporter in his hometown of Hub City, one of the most corrupt cities in America. After he was fed false information for a story that he released on Dr. Arby Twain, he wanted to bust the villainous doctor and regain his good name. Working with Dr. Twain's old partner, they devised a plan to track down Dr. Twain and force him to confess regarding his illegal business practices. Disguising his face with Pseudoderm, a toxic substance invented by Dr. Twain and his partner, the plan went off successfully with his reporting reputation being saved, Dr. Twain being imprisoned, and the new hero Question being created.

After the creation of Question, Vic Sage continued to fight crime and corruption as the faceless detective and was eventually invited to the Justice League to help them investigate a corrupt business. While investigating, he was approached by the vigilante the Huntress, who offered information in exchange for his help. Knowing that she didn't have any information, the Question decided to help her out anyway, helping her to reduce her use of needless violence and solving her problems. After this a flourishing romance began between the two.

After helping out the Huntress and the Justice League, Vic Sage continued his own career as a hero, and worked with other heroes, even serving as the protector of Gotham when Batman went away earlier. Now with Batman gone, the Question has decided to take up the role again as the protector of Gotham, to help the city counter the newest crime wave that it is encountering.

Powers/Weapons/Tech: Tech: Pseudoderm Mask (Impossible to remove
Weaknesses: Somewhat unlikeable because of his personality, Mask is toxic if it gets on an open wound
Skills:
  • Brilliant detective
  • Genius intellect
  • Dragon style martial arts
  • Hand-to-hand combat
  • Interrogating, intimidating, and investigating
  • Journalism
  • Indominable will
  • Evasive driving
RP Examples: Do I have to?
Extra Information N/A
Day Job: Investigative Journalist
Living Place: Apartment in Midtown Gotham
Voice Actor: Jeffrey Combs (He hits the nail on the head in my opinion)
Likes/Dislikes:
    • Solving Problems
    • Control of a situation
    • One-liners
    • Objectivism
      Dislikes:
    • Corruption
    • Crime
    • Injustice
    • Uncontrollable situations
(Please Note: The part about conservatism and objectivism is based on his character. My personal political views will not be stated in any threads.)

Sources:
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Charles_Victor_Szasz_(New_Earth)
http://dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Question

APPROVED! :) So...I just realized, he's basically Rorschach but nicer! :lol:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Okay, I'm gonna see some fireworks or something. Happy 4th to all you imperialist Americans and I'll see ya all tomorrow! :)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:14 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:APPROVED! :) So...I just realized, he's basically Rorschach but nicer! :lol:

More like Rorschach is the harsher version of the Question, as Vic Sage was the original inspiration for our inky faced friend. :lol:
United States of Brainy wrote:Okay, I'm gonna see some fireworks or something. Happy 4th to all you imperialist Americans and I'll see ya all tomorrow! :)
Woooo! 4th of July! 4th of July! *Patriotically waves American flag as a eagle soars down onto my shoulder*
Last edited by Tamrida on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:18 pm

Well, more heroics and more spilling her guts onto her enemies.

Classic Sydney.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Tamrida wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:APPROVED! :) So...I just realized, he's basically Rorschach but nicer! :lol:

More like Rorschach is the harsher version of the Question, as Vic Sage was the original inspiration for our inky faced friend. :lol:
United States of Brainy wrote:Okay, I'm gonna see some fireworks or something. Happy 4th to all you imperialist Americans and I'll see ya all tomorrow! :)
Woooo! 4th of July! 4th of July! *Patriotically waves American flag as a eagle soars down onto my shoulder*

He thinks you're prey, watch out,Tam! :shock:

And yeah, always forgetting stuff. Hey Mank and Sterk, just to be clear, Babs is facing the Historian by herself. At least until Damian drags himself down the corridor to help her out. :P Okay, getting out of here for reals. I think... :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:21 pm

Auphelia wrote:Well, more heroics and more spilling her guts onto her enemies.

Classic Sydney.

Ha! Did you just post, A? Now I'm never getting out of here! Oh, screw it, who needs fireworks anyway? :lol:

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:22 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Ha! Did you just post, A? Now I'm never getting out of here! Oh, screw it, who needs fireworks anyway? :lol:

Why do you have fireworks?
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Auphelia wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Ha! Did you just post, A? Now I'm never getting out of here! Oh, screw it, who needs fireworks anyway? :lol:

Because it's the 4th of July, silly! Rockets red glare and all of that! Plus pretty explosions in the sky are fun! :p

So...I'm never gonna hear the end of how Babs got all vomited on, am I? :rofl:

Edit- OH! TIM DOESN'T GET VOMITED ON BUT I DO?! NIIIIICE! :clap: :rofl:
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:31 pm

He thinks you're prey, watch out,Tam! :shock:

No, the eagle is my American brother. Together we are fighting back against the enemies of America across the world. Right now I am piloting a F-16 fighting falcon across the skies with an entire squadron of giant bald eagles with laser eyes watching my back while George Washington leads the ground forces with his minigun while riding a t-rex.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:32 pm

Because it's the 4th of July, silly! Rockets red glare and all of that! Plus pretty explosions in the sky are fun! :p

I just realised that it is the American Independence Day, the thing my region has been chattering about for the past two days!

Silly me, not living my life according to the American holiday calendar!

United States of Brainy wrote:So...I'm never gonna hear the end of how Babs got all vomited on, am I? :rofl:

Edit- OH! TIM DOESN'T GET VOMITED ON BUT I DO?! NIIIIICE! :clap: :rofl:

Tim didn't get vomited on because he wasn't the person she was fighting.

SC #307

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:35 pm

Auphelia wrote:

You know, like the fifth of May in Mexico, but instead of celebrating the total defeat of the utterly superior French forces we celebrate the total defeat of the utterly superior English forces. :p
Last edited by Tamrida on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:37 pm

Tamrida wrote:

You know, like the fifth of May in Mexico, but instead of celebrating the total defeat of the utterly superior French force we celebrate the total defeat of the utterly superior English forces. :p

Slipped my mind until now tbh. Not even the 4th here anymore so ah well.

@Auphelia, can Charley respond to that bad guys ad and go see the Queen or someone?

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:40 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:Slipped my mind until now tbh. Not even the 4th here anymore so ah well.

@Auphelia, can Charley respond to that bad guys ad and go see the Queen or someone?

Of course! She'll be in her Diamond District penthouse (she gave a helicopter ride to Sydney, and figured it was close enough to interview time), with Mary, three guards, and the 5 full-time maids and 4 full-time butlers, as well as her personal valets, spa attendants, etc. Her penthouse is the top five levels of the tallest building in Gotham, so you can use your imagination.

SC #307

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:44 pm

So Yaana, are you going to respond to my last IC post or can I wrapp up that plot line?

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Tamrida wrote:So Yaana, are you going to respond to my last IC post or can I wrapp up that plot line?

I'll get to it, don't worry. Hasn't been that long. :p

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:53 pm

The Court applications are on their way. They will essentially be the cannon fodder/instruments of escalation, glorified plot devices, just to clarify.

Miss Information coming soon!

SC #307

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:
Tamrida wrote:So Yaana, are you going to respond to my last IC post or can I wrapp up that plot line?

I'll get to it, don't worry. Hasn't been that long. :p

Okay. I don't mean to be pushy, I just wanted to know if you didn't have anything else to say and wanted to move on.

Anyways, would anyone like to do anything with the Question?

:?:

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Villain APP:
Name/Alias: Heather McNamara/ Miss Information/ The Herald
Appearance:

Personality: Very businesslike and professional, extremely manipulative but craves someone to report to.
Faction: Independent (Going to be in The Court)
Affiliation: The Queen
Backstory: She was a news reporter in a small suburb of Metropolis, living a fairly boring life. She grew bored with the tedium and began to insert little lies into the stories, and for years she was shocked how she never got caught. Her lies became more and more outrageous. It finally clicked that she must have some sort of power when she said that everyone should drink coconut water because it will make you immortal. Three days later roving gangs were patrolling the areas where her network was broadcast, people killing for coconut water. It was like a post apocalyptic film, Mad Max with a touch of The Walking Dead, everyone fighting for any coconut water they could find. After three weeks and almost two thousand deaths, people began to snap out of it and the police that hadn't seen the broadcast got a handle on the situation.

She decided to have fun, innocent and wacky fun, and used it to her benefit. She opened a small store selling rocks, promoted it, and in a month had made millions, everyone desperate to get a rock. The ratings when she was on air skyrocketed as she had become known for being the town taste maker, and she was offered a job in Metropolis itself, broadcasting to half the nation. Amazingly, Clark Kent happened to fall under her sway, and she discovered she had ensnared Superman! After several battles with the Justice League, the Teen Titans, and basically every DC hero, she had all of the best on her side, excluding Aquaman, Raven, Wonder Woman, and Batman. Batman and Aquaman fell, but Raven managed to portal Wonder Woman behind Miss Information, and it was over. Her empire was shattered and she was sent to jail. Escaping easily by getting the guards under her sway, she has been on the run, making her way town to town, until she saw the ad from The Queen. Seeing a chance to start over, she has decided to join The Court.
Powers/Weapons/Tech: She is able to make people agree with and believe anything she says over a multi-media platform (be it writing, through radio, through a screen, etc.) People who fall under her sway do whatever she says and agree with her, though once it is discovered what she is doing, it can be easy (depending on where you are) to avoid her power. In person, without something to obstruct someone's view of her, she is essentially useless. She can also broadcast from anywhere, as long as there is some signal to "touch".
Weaknesses: She cannot influence people outside of the scope of indirect communication, making her next to useless in face-to-face matters.
Skills: She is an excellent journalist, and an amazing writer and speaker.
RP Examples: N/A
Extra Information N/A
Day Job: Former Newswoman/ Former Criminal on the Run/ Current Herald of The Court
Living place: Bristol County (Ruth's Palace)
Voice Actor: Lucy Liu
Likes/Dislikes: She enjoys order and control, she hates direct confrontation.

SC #307

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:19 pm

Oooooh.

I love your character.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:21 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:I love your character, Whalestron! :D I need one more thing before I can approve it. For 'Appearance', I need to know what her crimefighting alter ego looks like. I don't need a picture, just describe her costume/outfit. Get that done and I'll do a final review. After your nap of course. :p

(And it would be nice if your pic of Layla/Halle was a clickable link but I copied and pasted so no biggie, just sayin ;) )

Yeah was having trouble with the link thingy but I’ll go in and fix it, also I knew I forgot something in the app lol, just had the costume pictured in my head.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse