NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Julutth wrote:Would Green Arrow be too OP for this RP?

I'm a little on the fence to be honest. As long as he doesn't try to fill Batman's shoes as Gotham's top hero or take over for Tim as leader of the Disciples, I guess I'm cool with it. But let me get a consensus from the rest of the group. What are your feelings, everyone?

Edit- And I wouldn't mind having some more power-hitters on the good guys' side and Tim probably wouldn't mind having the extra help.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Okay, I will have a Babs post tomorrow afternoon. :)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:40 am

Auphelia wrote:
Tamrida wrote:There is a separate team made up entirely of cats that was set up by a rival mayor.

What kind of universe is this!?

Let me guess: the cats are the villains.

In the episodes that they are in, yes.

Y'all really need to brush up on your Paw Patrol lore guys. >:(

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:50 am

United States of Brainy wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Hero APP:
Name/Alias: Joe Clark AKA (The) Rifleman
Appearance: 6'2, 200 lbs, black hair, gray eyes, square jaw, normal nose
Personality: calculating, a planner, strategic
Faction: N/A
Race: Human
Backstory: Joe Clark is an Iowa farm boy, who, like most farm boys, learned to hunt and shoot at an early age. Upon graduating high school, he joined the Army. While in Basic Training, he met Ed Johnson, who became his best friend. They served in Iraq and Afghanistan together, until Ed was given a medical discharge. Joe remained in the Army for another couple of years, until he retired.

Upon retiring, he moved up to Gotham, not realizing Ed Johnson was already there. A private security contractor hired him as a security guard. One day, after work, he went to a local bar, and ran into Ed, who he didn't know had moved to Gotham as well. Shortly after the alien ship crashed, Ed called Joe up, and asked him if he would want to help fight crime with his hunting rifle. Joe agreed, and took on the codename The Rifleman, due to his expertise with a rifle.
Powers/Weapons/tech: X1 scoped bolt action 30.-06 hunting rifle
Similar combat gear to Gunslinger
Weaknesses: Slow, always takes his time, and not terribly good with close combat
Skills: Marksmanship, planning
RP Examples: The IC
Extra Information (Optional, and for enjoyment and Immersion)
Day Job: Security Guard working for a private company
Living Place: Brunley
Voice Actor: (name and preferably a sound bit if possible)
Likes/Dislikes:
Theme Song:
Did you read the rules?
Yes

APPROVED!!! Gunslinger and the Rifleman... :) Ha, suddenly I'm playing the theme to Rawhide in my head! (Blues Brothers version ;) )

Thanks! Both of these characters were partially inspired by my love of westerns.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:16 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
APPROVED!!! Gunslinger and the Rifleman... :) Ha, suddenly I'm playing the theme to Rawhide in my head! (Blues Brothers version ;) )

Thanks! Both of these characters were partially inspired by my love of westerns.

Once again it's good I didn't bring in one of my alternate characters and made a new one for this. I have a gun-toting demon assassin that would ad to the chaos.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:41 am

Nothing wrong with a little chaos, PF. ;) Okay, posted! It's the Paw Patr...uhm, I mean Batgirl and Robin to the rescue! :p

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:43 am

United States of Brainy wrote:Nothing wrong with a little chaos, PF. ;) Okay, posted! It's the Paw Patr...uhm, I mean Batgirl and Robin to the rescue! :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:48 am

Skarten wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote: It's the Paw Patr...uhm, I mean Batgirl and Robin to the rescue! :p

Yeah, yeah, we'll see about that! :p

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:50 am

Skarten wrote:Image

Yeah, yeah, we'll see about that! :p

Uh, i'll try to post later, but just for the record, are batgirl and damian Bulletproof?
As in, can they withstand assault rifles firing at them from various direction?

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:55 am

Skarten wrote:Uh, i'll try to post later, but just for the record, are batgirl and damian Bulletproof?
As in, can they withstand assault rifles firing at them from various direction?

I guess we'll find out! :p But seriously, I can't speak for Damian but Batgirl's cape can withstand assault rifle fire. Her bodysuit can only protect her from handgun rounds though. But, of course, she can wrap her cape around her as a shield.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:21 am

Hero APP:
Name/Alias: Layla Cromley, AKA Deputy
Appearance:
https://ibb.co/nmAM9y

Personality: Layla is a bright and bubbly girl during the day. But when she dons her mask, she goes down a few notches. She is selfless to the point that she would risk her life for others, including her enemies'.
Faction: None
Race: Human
Backstory: Born in the East End, Layla grew up abandoned on the streets. She had no family and no hope for change. She spent most of her days begging, then when she became more desperate she spent them stealing from others. She knew it was wrong, but what choice did she have? She was eleven years old when she slipped up badly.

Layla had attempted to steal from a drug dealer with a couple of other street rats. It was supposed to yield something of a small fortune, and who wouldn’t want that? Layla took two steps into the warehouse when she realized it was a trap. The police had set up a sting operation, catching Layla and two others in the process.

The girl was soon sent to an orphanage, then was adopted by James Cromley, a prominent politician who was as corrupt as he was ambitious. Layla didn’t know about his nighttime deals where he’d trade money to have people killed, or burn down hospitals and frame people for it. She discovered this when she was fifteen years old and not soon after had decided to do something about it. She stole money from her father, deciding she’d be putting it to better use than him. She commissioned several different people to create her costume and gear, training in them in the privacy of her room.

It didn’t take long before she hit the streets, first going after basic criminals such as thieves, but she eventually worked up the courage to go against her father's actions. She wouldn’t meet him, of course. He would recognize her almost immediately. She would instead intervene in his deals, or stop the deeds before they were done.
Powers/Weapons/Tech: Acrobatics: Having been in gymnastics throughout her life, plus her days of sneaking out and exploring the city, Layla has become incredibly fit. She can scale most buildings quickly, and has little trouble clearing obstacles.

Combat Prowess: Layla learned several forms of martial arts throughout her youth from her father's hired instructors. She’s worked to master the forms, though hasn’t completely gotten there. Layla can typically fight one to five opponents at once, assuming they aren’t powered or are at her level.

- Collapsible batons, (side handled)
Bolas
Impact smoke bombs
Throwable grappling hook (light)
Throwing knives
Weaknesses:
Selfless: Someone could easily trick or trap Layla if they know her patterns or personality. She is unlikely to shy away from intervening in a situation that requires outside help.

College Student: While keeping her grades up isn’t a problem, balancing the time she spends on school work and her 'extracurricular activities' is. Layla can’t jump out of class to stop a burglary, and as such, one can probably deduce why she’s absent during most of the daytime.
Skills:
She's a pretty good cook
A good writer
Brews up a mean coffee
Charismatic
RP Examples:
Whalestron wrote:
Sarah Osborne
Orient Police Department

Despite the Infinites' collective decision to hunt down the criminal, Sarah had a slip only Calculator could sign to confirm that Sarah had indeed existed within five feet of him in the past week. She parked her motorcycle, a prize she’d won at a fair some time following the events in space, outside of the Orient police department building. She had her plan figured out; claim she was Calculator's lawyer and get him to sign her sheet. Smiling confidently, Sarah entered the building.

There was an aura of confidence around Sarah as she marched in, all the heads turned to look at her, besides the secretary who was busying herself in work. The truth is, Sarah Osborne had been in a particularly well known high school performance of the musical Les Miserables, having been the third prostitute from the left. She was confident in her acting abilities. She quickly crossed the marble floor which was audible from the heels of her shoes. Sarah paused at the front desk, rapping her nails on the counter.

The secretary looked up, then down, then up again. She was clearly perplexed by this sudden entrance of such an elegant college age student. “I’m the Captain's attorney.” Said Sarah.

Such an attorney must not have been heard of around these parts, because the lady only nodded slightly, her eyes lowered in a questioning stare. Sarah wasted no time in plopping down an ID card on the desk, sliding it over. Unbeknownst to her, it was her Donkin Donuts punchcard, which had two mark punches before she’d receive a free medium sized drink. She was too caught up in the moment to notice, of course.

“I'll let them know you’re here.” The lady said before speaking into a walkie-talkie, announcing the attorney of Captain Calculator had arrived despite the fact that no one had called an attorney for Captain Calculator.

The officer that entered the room held an expression of boredom, which soon turned to puzzlement as he spotted Sarah. “Er...” he began.

“I’m Wimbly's lawyer,” Sarah said confidently. She began to stroll by him when he’d caught her by the arm. Sarah looked up at him, he clearly was not buying her act at all.

“Listen, I don’t buy your act at all,” he confirmed.

Sarah yanked her arm away, letting it fall to her side. She was bummed, both because she wouldn’t be getting that signature and she was confident that Les Miserables experience must have given her at least some acting skills. Though it probably didn’t help that she was wearing her prostitute costume, which made her look like a peacock that had escaped a prom-themed thanksgiving. Sarah left without further comment, the officer letting her go without any real fight. Too much paperwork.

Sarah hopped on her bike, dialing a number into her phone.

“Hey, Glitch? I’m on my way to the hospital.”

Whalestron wrote:Connor Davis

Connor listened in on Raul's briefing on the mission as he perused through the various items set out around the room. He took a few boxes of ammo for his pistol, setting them on the table Raul was situated at along with money to pay for them. He’d been to the small market before, but this would be his first time he’d go on a mission on Raul's behalf.

“I’d be happy to help with that job. Finding things is my specialty,” he stated. Raul took the money and slid the boxes over to Connor. “Try not to get killed," was the only response he got in return. Connor took the boxes and left, headed for his car. The Jeep was parked on the opposite side of the street, and was the only vehicle there, aside from a nondescript car. He crossed the road, looking both ways as he went out of habit.

He took a deep breath, inhaling the cool night air. LA was sweltering during the day, but it was bearable at night. Connor hopped into his Jeep and started it, the engine roaring to life moments later. He drove off in the general direction of the gang's hideaway, knowing full well he’d have to be careful not to draw attention to himself. It took him around an hour to pull up on Romaine street, parking his car in a subtle location. Connor hopped out, making sure he had his weapon along with extra magazines which he tucked into his jacket, then began making his way down the dim street.

Extra Information
Layla never knew her real parents
She is in track and field in college
She is a good writer but never sits down to actually write anything other than when she has homework

Day Job: She is a student at Gotham University and is a part time barista
Living Place: Diamond District, though she operates mainly on the East End.
Voice Actor: See theme song
Likes/Dislikes:
Helping others
The night sky
Reading
Animals
Dislikes:
Dishonesty
Threats
Being unable to do something
Seeing her peers hurt
Spiders
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GrwXMl2dWk (also counts for the voice actress)
Did you read the rules? Yes

I did the best I could. Now I gotta nap
Last edited by Whalestron on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:10 pm

I love your character, Whalestron! :D I need one more thing before I can approve it. For 'Appearance', I need to know what her crimefighting alter ego looks like. I don't need a picture, just describe her costume/outfit. Get that done and I'll do a final review. After your nap of course. :p

(And it would be nice if your pic of Layla/Halle was a clickable link but I copied and pasted so no biggie, just sayin ;) )

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Great posts, PF and Tri! :) Charles running for Mayor! :o And Rashida might have bitten off more than she can chew robbing the Queen but maybe, since she's such a huge fan, Ruth will cut her some slack! :p Then again, looks like we've got ourselves a pro this time and not some clumsy knucklehead trying to break into the estate so Rashida might not need that slack at all. ;)
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:51 pm

Added the Crow to the roster and Deputy is on there as a WIP app.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:10 pm

So, Brainy, I have an important question, specifically the Question. (Ha-ha-ha)

Would the Question be allowed as a character?

Also, Yaana, in case you didn't see it, my post regarding the base is up.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:Added the Crow to the roster and Deputy is on there as a WIP app.

Thanks so much, Yaana! :hug: Your gift card is in the mail! ;)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:29 pm

Tamrida wrote:So, Brainy, I have an important question, specifically the Question. (Ha-ha-ha)

Wise guy, huh? Maybe you should be auditioning for the Comedian instead of the Question. :p

And, of course, the Question would be allowed! :) Either Vic Sage or Renee Montoya. Why wouldn't he/she be allowed? Because Vic is dead?

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:30 pm

There it is, my post.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:36 pm

Skarten wrote:There it is, my post.

I just finished reading it, nice! :) I'm going to give Mank a chance to reply as Damian before I post again. Oh...will these henchmen never learn? :p

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:37 pm

I just finished reading it, nice! :) I'm going to give Mank a chance to reply as Damian before I post again. Oh...will these henchmen never learn? :p

Then we're going to have a fight, Philipp with the sword vs The two

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:40 pm

Skarten wrote:Then we're going to have a fight, Philipp with the sword vs The two

Sounds good! I hope you don't mind but I'm going to autohit your henchmen if that's okay?

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:41 pm

Well i just hope he comes soon to post. We're getting to the best part.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:44 pm

Skarten wrote:Well i just hope he comes soon to post. We're getting to the best part.

Patience, Skart. :p They say anticipation is the best part. ;)

Okay, I need to head off, be back in a little while. :)

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Tamrida wrote:So, Brainy, I have an important question, specifically the Question. (Ha-ha-ha)

Yeah I saw it was, just haven't gotten around to responding yet this time.

Brainy's already made the ruling obviously but I don't see why the Question couldn't be in it, and the same for the Green Arrow who was mentioned a bit earlier.

Yaana Noore wrote:Added the Crow to the roster and Deputy is on there as a WIP app.

Thanks so much, Yaana! :hug: Your gift card is in the mail! ;)

Hopefully it's of a bit higher value this time!

The Mank
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mank » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Skarten wrote:Well i just hope he comes soon to post. We're getting to the best part.

Patience, Skart. :p They say anticipation is the best part. ;)

Okay, I need to head off, be back in a little while. :)

Ok sorry I’m here, I’ll post.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse