NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Oh well it's good.
Come on,we'll be waiting for you heroes.
Last edited by Skarten on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Hey Brainy, I have an interesting idea. I'm having Ed suggest to his friend Joe that they should work together as vigilantes. Would that be alright?

That's fine! :) If Joe's gonna be Ed's partner, it's probably a good idea to write a char app for him. Doesn't have to be fancy and you don't need to worry about a RP sample since you've already RP'd in the IC.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:47 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Hey Brainy, I have an interesting idea. I'm having Ed suggest to his friend Joe that they should work together as vigilantes. Would that be alright?

That's fine! :) If Joe's gonna be Ed's partner, it's probably a good idea to write a char app for him. Doesn't have to be fancy and you don't need to worry about a RP sample since you've already RP'd in the IC.

Cool. I'll work on that.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:47 pm

Skarten wrote:Oh well it's good.
Come on,we'll be waiting for you heroes.

Can't wait! *runs to read your IC post*

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:52 pm

Nice posts, Skart and Pax! :) Okay, I'm gonna try and at least get things moving in my post for you, Skart. ;)

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:06 pm

Hero APP:
Name/Alias: Joe Clark AKA (The) Rifleman
Appearance: 6'2, 200 lbs, black hair, gray eyes, square jaw, normal nose
Personality: calculating, a planner, strategic
Faction: N/A
Race: Human
Backstory: Joe Clark is an Iowa farm boy, who, like most farm boys, learned to hunt and shoot at an early age. Upon graduating high school, he joined the Army. While in Basic Training, he met Ed Johnson, who became his best friend. They served in Iraq and Afghanistan together, until Ed was given a medical discharge. Joe remained in the Army for another couple of years, until he retired.

Upon retiring, he moved up to Gotham, not realizing Ed Johnson was already there. A private security contractor hired him as a security guard. One day, after work, he went to a local bar, and ran into Ed, who he didn't know had moved to Gotham as well. Shortly after the alien ship crashed, Ed called Joe up, and asked him if he would want to help fight crime with his hunting rifle. Joe agreed, and took on the codename The Rifleman, due to his expertise with a rifle.
Powers/Weapons/tech: X1 scoped bolt action 30.-06 hunting rifle
Similar combat gear to Gunslinger
Weaknesses: Slow, always takes his time, and not terribly good with close combat
Skills: Marksmanship, planning
RP Examples: The IC
Extra Information (Optional, and for enjoyment and Immersion)
Day Job: Security Guard working for a private company
Living Place: Brunley
Voice Actor: (name and preferably a sound bit if possible)
Likes/Dislikes:
Theme Song:
Did you read the rules?
Yes
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:10 pm

I wonder if The Historian will try and steal anything from the Bingum Family Gallery!

Jewels, paintings, pottery; if it is expensive, it's there!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:20 pm

Hey guys! Sorry I went stagnant for awhile there, I was bouncing around from forum to forum. But I’m back now!
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:Hey guys! Sorry I went stagnant for awhile there, I was bouncing around from forum to forum.

But I’m back now!

YAY! We gonna see something from Phantom or the Crooked Man? :) *crosses fingers and hopes*

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Auphelia wrote:I wonder if The Historian will try and steal anything from the Bingum Family Gallery!

No...The Historian has good taste. He's after stuff with historical significance, not Bingum's tacky, overpriced crap! :lol:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:40 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Hero APP:
Name/Alias: Joe Clark AKA (The) Rifleman
Appearance: 6'2, 200 lbs, black hair, gray eyes, square jaw, normal nose
Personality: calculating, a planner, strategic
Faction: N/A
Race: Human
Backstory: Joe Clark is an Iowa farm boy, who, like most farm boys, learned to hunt and shoot at an early age. Upon graduating high school, he joined the Army. While in Basic Training, he met Ed Johnson, who became his best friend. They served in Iraq and Afghanistan together, until Ed was given a medical discharge. Joe remained in the Army for another couple of years, until he retired.

Upon retiring, he moved up to Gotham, not realizing Ed Johnson was already there. A private security contractor hired him as a security guard. One day, after work, he went to a local bar, and ran into Ed, who he didn't know had moved to Gotham as well. Shortly after the alien ship crashed, Ed called Joe up, and asked him if he would want to help fight crime with his hunting rifle. Joe agreed, and took on the codename The Rifleman, due to his expertise with a rifle.
Powers/Weapons/tech: X1 scoped bolt action 30.-06 hunting rifle
Similar combat gear to Gunslinger
Weaknesses: Slow, always takes his time, and not terribly good with close combat
Skills: Marksmanship, planning
RP Examples: The IC
Extra Information (Optional, and for enjoyment and Immersion)
Day Job: Security Guard working for a private company
Living Place: Brunley
Voice Actor: (name and preferably a sound bit if possible)
Likes/Dislikes:
Theme Song:
Did you read the rules?
Yes

APPROVED!!! Gunslinger and the Rifleman... :) Ha, suddenly I'm playing the theme to Rawhide in my head! (Blues Brothers version ;) )

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:44 pm

I'm thinking that Phantom could have rented out the place instead of burning it down. Made a couple bucks. :p

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:46 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:No...The Historian has good taste. He's after stuff with historical significance, not Bingum's tacky, overpriced crap! :lol:

Bah! I will have you know that she pays people to be tasteful for her!

:lol:
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:49 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Auphelia wrote:I wonder if The Historian will try and steal anything from the Bingum Family Gallery!

No...The Historian has good taste. He's after stuff with historical significance, not Bingum's tacky, overpriced crap! :lol:

Well, if Philipp Really wanted more money, then probably.
He likes history, but he's not completely insane.
At this heist most of the stuff there is to gain money, he just wants the sword of osman for himself.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:58 pm

Skarten wrote:Well, if Philipp Really wanted more money, then probably.
At this heist most of the stuff there is to gain money, he just wants the sword of osman for himself.

Some of the more expensive things are Queen Marie Jose’s emerald and diamond necklace, The Elephant Diamond, the Dresden Green, the Marie-Louise Diadem, the Cora Sun-Drop Diamond, the Hortensia Diamond, and more.

Sapphires, rubies, intricate gold and silver necklaces, topaz, jade, diamonds, onyx, pearls . . . there is easily 1-2 Billion USD in the five rooms with her displayed jewellery collection.

You could make a fortune even stealing one piece.

SC #307

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Skarten wrote:Well, if Philipp Really wanted more money, then probably.

Some of the more expensive things are Queen Marie Jose’s emerald and diamond necklace, The Elephant Diamond, the Dresden Green, the Marie-Louise Diadem, the Cora Sun-Drop Diamond, the Hortensia Diamond, and more.

Sapphires, rubies, intricate gold and silver necklaces, topaz, jade, diamonds, onyx, pearls . . . there is easily 1-2 Billion USD in the five rooms with her displayed jewellery collection.

You could make a fortune even stealing one piece.

Oy vey that is a lot of shekels

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:07 pm

Skarten wrote:Oy vey that is a lot of shekels

Her family has been collecting for centuries. They made a fortune when the royals that escaped the Russian Revolution were selling their jewellery back in the late 1910's!

SC #307

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:11 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:I'm thinking that Phantom could have rented out the place instead of burning it down. Made a couple bucks. :p

He no longer cares about money. Only vengeance. He can take all the money he wants with his powers, and he knows that. What mattered to him there is that he spited the Order and Crimson by burning down one of their “holy places” and ultimately scared them. His first strategy to flush out the cultists is to terrify them into submission, though he knows this likely won’t work. If worse comes down to worst, he will not hesitate to start hunting the other reapers
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:13 pm

Auphelia wrote:

Her family has been collecting for centuries. They made a fortune when the royals that escaped the Russian Revolution were selling their jewellery back in the late 1910's!

Oh,that's a nice treasure you have right there.

Would be a shame if someone

Stole it

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:15 pm

Auphelia wrote:

Don't fall for it, Skarten, it's a trap! The only thing she's got is the world's largest collection of velvet, dogs playing poker paintings! :lol:

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Skarten wrote:Oh,that's a nice treasure you have right there.

Would be a shame if someone

Stole it

It would, but she only rented some of her inexpensive trinkets to the museum. Besides, the insurance payout would more than compensate for the loss!

#Insurance

Also, beware stealing them. It will lead to a lot of fun for the readers, but not for your character.

SC #307

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:He no longer cares about money. Only vengeance. He can take all the money he wants with his powers, and he knows that. What mattered to him there is that he spited the Order and Crimson by burning down one of their “holy places” and ultimately scared them. His first strategy to flush out the cultists is to terrify them into submission, though he knows this likely won’t work. If worse comes down to worst, he will not hesitate to start hunting the other reapers

If he wants to terrify them into submission, he should just show them one of Bingum's dogs playing poker paintings! :p

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:17 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:If he wants to terrify them into submission, he should just show them one of Bingum's dogs playing poker paintings! :p

Psh! Oh please, she is much more of a cat person!

You can tell because in one of the rooms of her house she has over 50 cat mummies from ancient Egypt.

SC #307

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Auphelia wrote:[

You can tell because in one of the rooms of her house she has over 50 cat mummies from ancient Egypt.

More like 50 of her pet cats that died and she wrapped up like mummies because she's one of those cat-hoarding crazy ladies. :lol:

And oh...posted for Babs.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:24 pm

Auphelia wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:If he wants to terrify them into submission, he should just show them one of Bingum's dogs playing poker paintings! :p

Speaking of cats, I am actually surprised that we haven't had a Catwoman yet, as she is a fairly major character.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse