NATION

PASSWORD

Purgation International Academy (OOC, MT, Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Purgatio
Negotiator

Founded: May 18, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:17 pm

San Prospero wrote:What's the weather like over there? So I can decide what Prima wears for the trip.

Temperate climate, currently in the summer (assuming its July 2018 too)
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:27 pm

San Prospero wrote:
Purgatio wrote:Oh wow, so many questions!

1. Yeap that's fine, as long as her age is between 16-21 her post or position doesn't matter, characters can be beggars, peasants, Presidents or oligarchs, as long as its within the age
2. Internal rules was just a reference to the standard typical rules you'd have in any educational institute, stuff that isn't typically illegal but typically against school rules (e.g. bullying other students etc)
3. No official dress code, there's no uniform and I'm quite lax with clothing, as long as your character is naked its generally fine
4. Lol I never actually planned a detailed schedule like that, but I imagine characters won't be waking up any earlier than 9?
5. Sorry, Purgatio criminalises all drugs unfortunately (sorry abt that)
6. I designed the rp to accommodate slow and fast rpers alike. Essentially, it'll be us going from location to location, and at each stop a tour guide will explain the essential features, and I'll give time for characters to interact with each other and/or ask the tour guide random questions, before moving on to the next. If you're a fast rper, then you interact with the other fast rpers who are very active, but if you're very busy irl and can't post often then feel free to occasionally post when we move from one location to the next, this way we can accommodate rpers who are more active and those who are more occupied irl
7. No minimal rping experience required, all are welcome! :)

Alright, count me in please!

Application

Details of Student -
Name: Primavera ("Prima" for short)
Country of Origin: San Prospero
Nationality: San Prosperan
Date of Birth: February 12, 1999
Place of Birth: San Prospero City, San Prospero
Photo or Description of Student:

Current School: none (I'm the president of San Prospero)
Passport Date of Issue: July 2, 2018
Passport Date of Expiration: July 2, 2023

Additional Questions for Student -
Do you promise to follow all the laws of the Dominion of Purgatio? yes*
Do you promise to respect all the internal disciplinary rules of the Purgation International Academy? yes*
Do you promise to follow the instructions of relevant Foreign Office and Home Office representatives throughout the duration of the International Academy's Tour for Visiting Students? yes*
* "All reasonable requests. If I'm asked to do something that makes me uncomfortable or violates another person's rights, I'll excuse myself from the program and arrange my own travel home."
Do you understand and acknowledge that the Purgation Police Force, Purgation Security Service and PICOS Department will do everything in their power to ensure your safety, but will not be liable for any injury to person or property in consequence of events non-attributable to the common law negligence of the aforementioned organisations? yes
Do you understand and acknowledge that, whilst the Purgation Foreign Office promises to divulge as much information as it legally can about the relevant sites and locations during the International Tour, that some information must be withheld on grounds of confidentiality and Purgation national security? yes
Do you understand and acknowledge that, whilst you will be granted full diplomatic immunity from arrest, execution or prosecution of any kind and for any reason whatsoever, that a breach of the criminal law of Purgatio will result in revocation of your student visa and your timely deportation from the Dominion? yes
Do you have any special health conditions you wish to disclose to the Purgation International Academy?
"Whenever I have a period, it hurts like f---ing hell and I lose all functioning. So I have to take birth-control pills to keep the pain at bay. And sometimes even that doesn't work, so I'll need my ibuprofen too."

Do you have any special dietary requests?
"I don't eat anything with artificial additives. What is the typical meal like? Is there a menu to choose from, or does everyone get the same thing? Also, do you put fluoride or other chemicals in your water?"

Do you have any special requests for any items to be brought with you?
  • Mobile phone
  • Laptop computer
  • Headphones
  • International power adapter
  • Water purifier
  • Medication (see health conditions)
Do you have any particular matters of cultural sensitivity which the teachers and supervisors of the Purgation International Academy should be made aware of?
"I don't mind others talking about religion. But don't make me participate in any religious rituals, or go into any places of worship."

A fellow Bircher? Well, my character does need his... uh... Kubizek? Well, as he expounds on how his dear departed papa really, really wanted a utopia by killing off hundreds of millions of undesirables, how he's the rightful leader of his beloved country, how the elites control all and have destroyed his beloved dwarf of a Dwarf but as the seed of Donald D. Dwarf he's destined to vanquish them all and rule over a pure earth... and maybe then he'll think of doing other than outrageously flirt with your character... yeah...
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

San Prospero
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby San Prospero » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:43 pm

*RETCONNED*
Last edited by San Prospero on Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:51 pm

San Prospero wrote:What's a bircher? Also, Prima is not going to be receptive to your guy's advances, I can tell you that. She doesn't swing that way.

The John Birch Society is a US far-right group, especially prominent during the '60s. One of its more notorious campaigns was that against putting flouride in the water supply.

And a lesbian, eh? Even better. :twisted:
Last edited by Dahon on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:55 pm

Dahon wrote:
San Prospero wrote:What's a bircher? Also, Prima is not going to be receptive to your guy's advances, I can tell you that. She doesn't swing that way.

The John Birch Society is a US far-right group, especially prominent during the '60s. One of its more notorious campaigns was that against putting flouride in the water supply.

And a lesbian, eh? Even better. :twisted:

Oh dear...you're not suggesting sexual harassment are you?
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:59 am

Purgatio wrote:Oh dear...you're not suggesting sexual harassment are you?

Not at all. And not as I'm unwilling to cross that line with my character, at least not yet -- let's say he's a wee bit into sour grapes.

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:00 am

Dahon wrote:
Purgatio wrote:Oh dear...you're not suggesting sexual harassment are you?

Not at all. And not as I'm unwilling to cross that line with my character, at least not yet -- let's say he's a wee bit into sour grapes.

Yeah I kinda got that impression from the app lol

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:17 am

Posted a little drafty thingy -- now please excuse me as I take my belly to the food court.

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

Lillorainen
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lillorainen » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:00 am

Purgatio wrote:
Lillorainen wrote:Oii Purgatio,
Long time no see. This, again, sounds it will be fun, so I'm there! :)

le App:

Details of Student -
Name: Christopher Riescheid
Country of Origin: Lillorainen
Nationality: Lillorainian
Date of Birth: October 12, 1999
Place of Birth: Nienhagen/Rtld., Lillorainen
Photo or Description of Student:

Current School: University of Kerkenich
Passport Date of Issue: May 1, 2015
Passport Date of Expiration: April 30, 2025

Do you promise to follow all the laws of the Dominion of Purgatio? Yes.
Do you promise to respect all the internal disciplinary rules of the Purgation International Academy? Yes.
Do you promise to follow the instructions of relevant Foreign Office and Home Office representatives throughout the duration of the International Academy's Tour for Visiting Students? Yes.
Do you understand and acknowledge that the Purgation Police Force, Purgation Security Service and PICOS Department will do everything in their power to ensure your safety, but will not be liable for any injury to person or property in consequence of events non-attributable to the common law negligence of the aforementioned organisations? Yes.
Do you understand and acknowledge that, whilst the Purgation Foreign Office promises to divulge as much information as it legally can about the relevant sites and locations during the International Tour, that some information must be withheld on grounds of confidentiality and Purgation national security? Yes.
Do you understand and acknowledge that, whilst you will be granted full diplomatic immunity from arrest, execution or prosecution of any kind and for any reason whatsoever, that a breach of the criminal law of Purgatio will result in revocation of your student visa and your timely deportation from the Dominion? Yes.
Do you have any special health conditions you wish to disclose to the Purgation International Academy? No.
Do you have any special dietary requests? No.
Do you have any special requests for any items to be brought with you? No.
Do you have any particular matters of cultural sensitivity which the teachers and supervisors of the Purgation International Academy should be made aware of? No.

ACCEPTED, although just to let you know the image of your character seems to be unavailable for some reason?

Something must have gone wrong there ... gonna check that. I'm gonna post a reply tonight - I'm currently on vacation and internet here is quite shitty.
Since Lillorainen's geography is currently being overhauled a 'tiny' bit, most information on it posted before December 12, 2018, is not entirely reliable anymore. Until there's a new, proper factfile, everything you might need to know can be found here. Thank you. #RetconOfDoom (Very late update, 2020/08/30 - it's still going on ...)

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:05 am

Lillorainen wrote:
Purgatio wrote:
ACCEPTED, although just to let you know the image of your character seems to be unavailable for some reason?

Something must have gone wrong there ... gonna check that. I'm gonna post a reply tonight - I'm currently on vacation and internet here is quite shitty.

Haha no worries, I understand!! :)

EDIT: Besides, picture's only important when another rper needs to describe ur character, so as long as its up when you post in the IC then its all good lol
Last edited by Purgatio on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Northurland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Northurland » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:40 am

Details of Student -
Name: Nora Steinmannsdottir
Country of Origin: Northurland
Nationality: Northurlandian
Date of Birth: February 19, 2000
Place of Birth: Reykjavik
Photo or Description of Student: Photo
Current School: Northurland University at Reykjavik
Passport Date of Issue: January 1, 2018
Passport Date of Expiration: December 31, 2028

Do you promise to follow all the laws of the Dominion of Purgatio? Yes
Do you promise to respect all the internal disciplinary rules of the Purgation International Academy? Yes
Do you promise to follow the instructions of relevant Foreign Office and Home Office representatives throughout the duration of the International Academy's Tour for Visiting Students? Yes
Do you understand and acknowledge that the Purgation Police Force, Purgation Security Service and PICOS Department will do everything in their power to ensure your safety, but will not be liable for any injury to person or property in consequence of events non-attributable to the common law negligence of the aforementioned organisations? Yes
Do you understand and acknowledge that, whilst the Purgation Foreign Office promises to divulge as much information as it legally can about the relevant sites and locations during the International Tour, that some information must be withheld on grounds of confidentiality and Purgation national security? Yes
Do you understand and acknowledge that, whilst you will be granted full diplomatic immunity from arrest, execution or prosecution of any kind and for any reason whatsoever, that a breach of the criminal law of Purgatio will result in revocation of your student visa and your timely deportation from the Dominion? Yes
Do you have any special health conditions you wish to disclose to the Purgation International Academy? No
Do you have any special dietary requests? No
Do you have any special requests for any items to be brought with you? A laptop, several books, acoustic guitar, a terrarium, and the 'Codex', the main book of the Norse pagan religion.
Do you have any particular matters of cultural sensitivity which the teachers and supervisors of the Purgation International Academy should be made aware of? That she should not be made to follow any religious ceremony or ritual outside of her Norse Peganist beliefs.

Great Nortend
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Great Nortend » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:47 am

Details of Student - 
Name: Peter Alexander Gilchrist Smith
Country of Origin: Great Nortend
Nationality: Nortan subject
Date of Birth: 6th of June, 1999
Place of Birth: Cavolham, Limmes
Photo or Description of Student: 5' 11", brown hair, brown eyes, somewhat muscular
Current School: Undergraduate at the University of Limmes, second year
Passport Date of Issue: 29th of September, 2011
Passport Date of Expiration: 29th of September, 2021

Do you promise to respect all the internal disciplinary rules of the Purgation International Academy? Yes
Do you promise to follow the instructions of relevant Foreign Office and Home Office representatives throughout the duration of the International Academy's Tour for Visiting Students? Yes
Do you understand and acknowledge that the Purgation Police Force, Purgation Security Service and PICOS Department will do everything in their power to ensure your safety, but will not be liable for any injury to person or property in consequence of events non-attributable to the common law negligence of the aforementioned organisations? Yes
Do you understand and acknowledge that, whilst the Purgation Foreign Office promises to divulge as much information as it legally can about the relevant sites and locations during the International Tour, that some information must be withheld on grounds of confidentiality and Purgation national security? Yes
Do you understand and acknowledge that, whilst you will be granted full diplomatic immunity from arrest, execution or prosecution of any kind and for any reason whatsoever, that a breach of the criminal law of Purgatio will result in revocation of your student visa and your timely deportation from the Dominion? Yes
Do you have any special health conditions you wish to disclose to the Purgation International Academy? No
Do you have any special requests for any items to be brought with you? No
Do you have any particular matters of cultural sensitivity which the teachers and supervisors of the Purgation International Academy should be made aware of? Depends, am Christian.
Last edited by Great Nortend on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
News from Great Nortend : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417866
Diplomacy, Consulates &c. : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417865

This nation is an exaggerated representation of my personal views in most areas.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:58 am

We have a lot of musicians around, I just noted. Good thing that Cel can sing quite well (singing Little Black Foxes to sleep and singing babies to sleep requires a nice voice).
Let's see, what do we have:
    Huffingshire's Jack, with a Special Violin and Guitar.
    Adab's Aida with a guitar and her voice.
    Camelone's Bedivere (I'm gonna call him Beddy), with a fiddle.
    Mervay's Lisolette, with a violin and a viola.

And, if she's accepted (which I do not doubt):
    Northurland's Nora, with another guitar.

So, up to three guitars, two violins, one fiddle, one viola, two vocals - on up to six people. Let's jam sometime?
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:00 am

Northurland wrote:Details of Student -
Name: Nora Steinmannsdottir
Country of Origin: Northurland
Nationality: Northurlandian
Date of Birth: February 19, 2000
Place of Birth: Reykjavik
Photo or Description of Student: Photo
Current School: Northurland University at Reykjavik
Passport Date of Issue: January 1, 2018
Passport Date of Expiration: December 31, 2028

Do you have any special requests for any items to be brought with you? A laptop, several books, acoustic guitar, a terrarium, and the 'Codex', the main book of the Norse pagan religion.
Do you have any particular matters of cultural sensitivity which the teachers and supervisors of the Purgation International Academy should be made aware of? That she should not be made to follow any religious ceremony or ritual outside of her Norse Peganist beliefs.

ACCEPTED, all items requested are APPROVED, and Nora will not be asked to do anything which infringes her deeply-held religious beliefs

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:01 am

Great Nortend wrote:Details of Student - 
Name: Peter Alexander Gilchrist Smith
Country of Origin: Great Nortend
Nationality: Nortan subject
Date of Birth: 6th of June, 1999
Place of Birth: Cavolham, Limmes
Photo or Description of Student: 5' 11", brown hair, brown eyes, somewhat muscular
Current School: Undergraduate at the University of Limmes, second year
Passport Date of Issue: 29th of September, 2011
Passport Date of Expiration: 29th of September, 2021

Do you have any special requests for any items to be brought with you? No
Do you have any particular matters of cultural sensitivity which the teachers and supervisors of the Purgation International Academy should be made aware of? Depends, am Christian.

Yeap, application ACCEPTED, items APPROVED, and Peter's religious beliefs will be respected (he won't be asked to do anything against his religious beliefs, I should clarify, he may see things which offend his religion but ofc he can always sit any location out if he objects to that), welcome aboard!

Great Nortend
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Great Nortend » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:05 am

I forgot to mention he'll bring his clothes, writing material and stationery, and books. There Bible and a small book of the liturgy, if that's all right.
News from Great Nortend : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417866
Diplomacy, Consulates &c. : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417865

This nation is an exaggerated representation of my personal views in most areas.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:06 am

Great Nortend wrote:I forgot to mention he'll bring his clothes, writing material and stationery, and books. There Bible and a small book of the liturgy, if that's all right.

Yeap, all that's fine :)

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:10 am

Purgatio wrote:
Great Nortend wrote:I forgot to mention he'll bring his clothes, writing material and stationery, and books. There Bible and a small book of the liturgy, if that's all right.

I kind of always assumed that standard things, like normal clothes, stationary, stuffed animals, laptops or a washbag don't fall under "special requests for any items".

EDIT: Because if they do, I might have to change my app a bit...
Last edited by The Selkie on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:12 am

The Selkie wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

I kind of always assumed that standard things, like normal clothes, stationary, stuffed animals, laptops or a washbag don't fall under "special requests for any items".

Nudity is legal in the Haven however I have had my characters wearing clothes despite not stating they planned to bring those.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Great Nortend
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Great Nortend » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:14 am

I will be away for about a week from tomorrow so just imagine I'm trying along side. Thanks.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:19 am

Great Nortend wrote:I will be away for about a week from tomorrow so just imagine I'm trying along side. Thanks.

Ah, of course, thanks for letting us know

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:19 am

The Selkie wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

Lol they didn't, they're kinda assumed, but if an app includes those things, hey, I don't object

San Prospero
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby San Prospero » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:20 am

*RETCONNED*
Last edited by San Prospero on Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:21 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
The Selkie wrote:

Nudity is legal in the Haven however I have had my characters wearing clothes despite not stating they planned to bring those.

Yeah but unfortunately its not legal in Purgatio, because the Purgation Government has this crazy idea that average citizens and children shouldn't be randomly confronted with unsolicited nudity out in public streets. Crazy, ikr? :p

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:29 am

Purgatio wrote:
The Selkie wrote:

Lol they didn't, they're kinda assumed, but if an app includes those things, hey, I don't object

Ah, I see. I didn't condemn Cel to wearing Geansai or nothing - that's a relief, for hopefully obvious reasons. ; )

San Prospero wrote:Primavera can do the xylophone and bass fiddle (but unfortunately she didn't bring them with her). She's also OK at singing.

Oh, I'm sure, that she can get one or something.
That makes musical skills to this list:
    Huffingshire's Jack, with a Special Violin and Guitar.
    Adab's Aida with a guitar and her voice.
    Camelone's Bedivere (I'm gonna call him Beddy), with a fiddle.
    Mervay's Lisolette, with a violin and a viola.
    Northurland's Nora, with another guitar.
    My Cel, singing.
    SP's Prima, xylophone and bass fiddle (although neither with her).

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates