NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:07 am

I like seeing the divisions in the Bat-family played out. Far more interesting than them just being a forever happy and unified team.

Also, Tam, Merrymaker just working out what is up with Harley right away seems a little contrived. He's been talking to Harley the whole time anyway, Harleen was never 'there'.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:14 am

United States of Brainy wrote:
Skarten wrote:Well,i think i might be able to get up a post tomorrow.
And may any fool who dares to come challenge The Historian and his band of mooks with Ottoman Cosplay to perish under my kool© escape plan.

You're making them wear Ottoman cosplay?! The Historian really is demented! :o

Lic wrote:Oh boy. Tim is really gonna have to Employ his super diplomacy skills.

Yes, it's gonna take more than some Batman t-shirts and yoga books to fix this mess. :lol:

Whaaat?
Ottoman uniforms are kool

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:44 am

Yaana Noore wrote:I like seeing the divisions in the Bat-family played out. Far more interesting than them just being a forever happy and unified team.

Also, Tam, Merrymaker just working out what is up with Harley right away seems a little contrived. He's been talking to Harley the whole time anyway, Harleen was never 'there'.

Well with my guy being a smart psychologist, and working with both the professional Harleen and the criminal Harley sides of her, he could be able to work it out and figure out that she has split personalities.

I get that it feels a bit contrived, but I don't really know what to do. I gave my speal and with her ignoring it and being disinterested, I can't really manipulate someone who won't listen, so I thought that this would catch her attention.

I can always have stuff changed if you would prefer though.

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:01 am

*snip*
Last edited by Illegal Planets on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDE never dies

”My rock and roll is not to entertain, but to annihilate"

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:34 am

Tamrida wrote:
Yaana Noore wrote:I like seeing the divisions in the Bat-family played out. Far more interesting than them just being a forever happy and unified team.

Well with my guy being a smart psychologist, and working with both the professional Harleen and the criminal Harley sides of her, he could be able to work it out and figure out that she has split personalities.

I get that it feels a bit contrived, but I don't really know what to do. I gave my speal and with her ignoring it and being disinterested, I can't really manipulate someone who won't listen, so I thought that this would catch her attention.

He worked with the professional Harleen long ago, but since then it she has mostly been Harley so like most people it would seem like Harleen has just become Harley Quinn rather than exist as a second personality.
You could have him say what he plans to do about what he said, make her an offer or ask her to do some sort of job. Something that could catch her interest instead of just talking.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:55 am

Yaana Noore wrote:
Tamrida wrote:Well with my guy being a smart psychologist, and working with both the professional Harleen and the criminal Harley sides of her, he could be able to work it out and figure out that she has split personalities.

He worked with the professional Harleen long ago, but since then it she has mostly been Harley so like most people it would seem like Harleen has just become Harley Quinn rather than exist as a second personality.
You could have him say what he plans to do about what he said, make her an offer or ask her to do some sort of job. Something that could catch her interest instead of just talking.

Okay, I will do it later

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:02 am

So...why do I feel like Babs needs to hire a lawyer and sue for workplace discrimination? :p

@Illegal planets- YAY! An alien villain that controls lightning, I'm loving it! Can't wait for ya to finish your app! :D

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:06 am

United States of Brainy wrote:So...why do I feel like Babs needs to hire a lawyer and sue for workplace discrimination? :p

@Illegal planets- YAY! An alien villain that controls lightning, I'm loving it! Can't wait for ya to finish your app! :D

Working on the backstory atm :)
MDE never dies

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:20 am

Okay Yaana it is fixed. I also figured out where I was confused. When you had Harley say 'tag me in', I thought that that meant that I was talking to Harleen before and Harley now, not Harley the whole time.

Also, Brainy, I just have to ask, is either Ubu or the Penguin going to respond to the information I gave them a few posts ago?

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:30 am

Yeah, it can be quite ambiguous at times, sorry. But, y'know, she's crazy.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:38 am

Yaana Noore wrote:Yeah, it can be quite ambiguous at times, sorry. But, y'know, she's crazy.

No need to apologize, no harm no foul and all that.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:40 am

Okay, posted for Babs!

And Tam, I'm sorry, what info did Merry send Penguin? Penguin was waiting to hear whatever message Riddler had for him on that device, that's the last I knew.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:45 am

I had this entire post:
Merrymaker
Recognizing the driver as the man leading the shadow ninja's Merrymaker panicked for just a second before realizing that the man had no idea who he was and wanted to help him, he also decided to take the chance to get revenge on the Riddler. "Ah Ubu nice to meet you." he said calmly "I am glad that you decided to help me, not many people in Gotham would. My name is Dr. Meredith, also known as the Merrymaker, I was attacked by the criminal named Riddler and his croonies, something about me witnessing his escape from the docks, I will have to inform the proper people when I get back to my house. The details are still pretty hazy but I believe that he also said blaming me for something should he be chased after for some box. As for you concern about my health, I am really appreciative of it, but I am fine. I also recognize where we are and can walk to my house from here with no problem." After the truck pulled over, Merrymaker got out and said back to Ubu, "Thank you very much Ubu, have a good night, and good luck with whatever you have to deal with."

Walking away to his house he heared the truck leave behind him. When he got to his house, he stashed his uniform in the basement and ran back upstairs to the phone and dialed the Iceburg Lounge. After ringing for a while somebody picked up and in less then a second Merrymaker was talking. "Cobblepot, Lark, Jay, Raven, or whoever. The Riddler stole the box for himself after knocking me out. This entire mission has not been what I signed up for, and I am out of the deal. I will no longer be spending my time in a three way faction war anymore. I would hope that you come out on top, but I do not want to risk my skin for a box anymore. Best of luck." With that he hung up without a response and went to bed.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:52 am

Tamrida wrote:I had this entire post:
Merrymaker
Recognizing the driver as the man leading the shadow ninja's Merrymaker panicked for just a second before realizing that the man had no idea who he was and wanted to help him, he also decided to take the chance to get revenge on the Riddler. "Ah Ubu nice to meet you." he said calmly "I am glad that you decided to help me, not many people in Gotham would. My name is Dr. Meredith, also known as the Merrymaker, I was attacked by the criminal named Riddler and his croonies, something about me witnessing his escape from the docks, I will have to inform the proper people when I get back to my house. The details are still pretty hazy but I believe that he also said blaming me for something should he be chased after for some box. As for you concern about my health, I am really appreciative of it, but I am fine. I also recognize where we are and can walk to my house from here with no problem." After the truck pulled over, Merrymaker got out and said back to Ubu, "Thank you very much Ubu, have a good night, and good luck with whatever you have to deal with."

Walking away to his house he heared the truck leave behind him. When he got to his house, he stashed his uniform in the basement and ran back upstairs to the phone and dialed the Iceburg Lounge. After ringing for a while somebody picked up and in less then a second Merrymaker was talking. "Cobblepot, Lark, Jay, Raven, or whoever. The Riddler stole the box for himself after knocking me out. This entire mission has not been what I signed up for, and I am out of the deal. I will no longer be spending my time in a three way faction war anymore. I would hope that you come out on top, but I do not want to risk my skin for a box anymore. Best of luck." With that he hung up without a response and went to bed.

Thanks, I just looked back over the posts and found it. I'm so sorry, Tam, I don't know how I overlooked it. Okay, so Ubu and Penguin have been told that Riddler has the box. Penguin already knows that because of the device that Riddler sent. Ubu knows that Penguin is involved because of the toy penguins so he's going to the Iceberg Lounge to beat the Riddler's location out of the Penguin, that works. I'm waiting for Bycrest's post because I need to hear Riddler's message and then I'll have an Ubu/Penguin post incorporating what Merry told them. Is that okay with you? And really sorry again.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:54 am

Or...I might just do a separate Ubu post en route to the Lounge in just a little bit.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:00 am

United States of Brainy wrote:Thanks, I just looked back over the posts and found it. I'm so sorry, Tam, I don't know how I overlooked it. Okay, so Ubu and Penguin have been told that Riddler has the box. Penguin already knows that because of the device that Riddler sent. Ubu knows that Penguin is involved because of the toy penguins so he's going to the Iceberg Lounge to beat the Riddler's location out of the Penguin, that works. I'm waiting for Bycrest's post because I need to hear Riddler's message and then I'll have an Ubu/Penguin post incorporating what Merry told them. Is that okay with you? And really sorry again.

It is no problem whatsoever. I am not upset, I just wanted to remind you that extra information has been given, ya know?

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:07 am

interesting drama here.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:19 am

Tamrida wrote:It is no problem whatsoever. I am not upset, I just wanted to remind you that extra information has been given, ya know?

Okay, gotcha. ;) Thanks. Just about to post for Ubu.

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:28 am

Alright, it's finished.

Villain APP:
Name/Alias: Kapa Qol
Appearance: Kapa
Personality: Cold. Calculating. Predatory. Seemingly incapable of empathy.
Faction: Independent.
Affiliation: n/a
Race: Ethyrian

Backstory: Kapa's kind hails from the watery depths of Ethyr, a small planet perpetually enveloped in violent, super-charged storms. Ethyrian society is isolated and heavily based around science, as the species seeks to improve the manner and capacity by which they attain the large amounts of energy generated by the planet-wide storms. Kapa was considered a brilliant innovator in this regard, having helped design an improved model of the monolithic towers which rise out of the ocean to conduct, process, and deliver the vital energy to the Ethyrians' underwater cities.

He advocated heavily for the Ethyrians to set their sights on colonization, and even invented a suit and mask that would allow his kind to thrive outside of their aquatic environment. Ultimately, the others had zero interest in leaving their home planet for any such reason. Not a particularly malevolent species, he is the first known to travel off-world and actively prey upon weaker lifeforms.

Kapa first visited Earth in the late '90s. He was drawn to Tokyo by the city's vast electrical grid and large population. At first he was content to feed off of the grid alone, but he eventually developed a desire to absorb the electricity produced by the humans, which would consequently kill them by way of sapping the energy needed for vital bodily processes. He would later be confronted and defeated by Aquaman, causing him to flee planet Earth.

It is unknown how many other planets he terrorized before his ship crash lands in the Gotham River, bringing him to Earth for a second time.

Powers/Weapons/Tech: Electrokinesis - Alien Physiology
    -Extended lifespan: Average Ethyrian lifespan is around 200 years.
    -Regeneration: Kapa's body heals wounds at an accelerated rate and can even regenerate lost limbs, albeit very slowly.
    -Electro-attunement: Ethyrians feed off of electricity for sustenance. This includes organic lifeforms. They are able to perceive electrical signatures as they must absorb this energy in order to live.
    -Darkvision: Born in the sunless depths of a watery world, Kapa is accustomed to and thrives in the absence of light.
    -Telepathy: Ethyrians communicate via telepathy.

-Breathing Apparatus: Allows Kapa to breath in many environments outside of water. Allows Kapa to perceive light in a similiar way that humans do. Additionally, the mask is capable of converting his telepathy into electronic speech.
    -Bio-Suit: Made of a strong, porous, durable polymer, the suit is resistant to piercing damage. It's primary function is to allow Kapa to breath outside of water, as well as protecting his skin from direct sunlight.
Weaknesses: Essentially a living battery, when Kapa discharges energy, he is literally using up the energy he requires to sustain himself. This can lead to a multitude of problems including severe fatigue, exhaustion, and possibly death. Kapa's species utilizes cellular diffusion to "breath" due to their aquatic nature, and without a device to compensate Kapa has substantial difficulty with respiration outside of water. He is also is extremely sensitive to bright light without his mask.
Skills: Scientist specializing in advanced technology and biology.
RP Examples: Here and here.
Extra Information: Lex Luthor attempted to recruit him. Despite the man's great intelligence and power, Kapa showed only disdain for humanity, and refused.
Living place: Kapa does not necessarily live at any one place within Gotham. Rather, he frequently returns to a generating station located along the Gotham River where he will feed off of the city's electrical grid.
Voice Actor: Dr. Samuel Hayden
Theme Song: If I Had A Heart
Did you read the rules? Yes.
Last edited by Illegal Planets on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:55 am, edited 10 times in total.
MDE never dies

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:38 am

Posted.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:42 am

Illegal Planets wrote:Alright, it's finished.

Villain APP:

Backstory: Kapa's kind hails from the watery depths of Ethyr, a small planet perpetually enveloped in violent, super-charged storms. Ethyrian society is isolated and heavily based around science, as the species seeks to improve the manner and capacity by which they attain the large amounts of energy generated by the planet-wide storms. Kapa was considered a brilliant innovator in this regard, having helped design an improved model of the monolithic towers which rise out of the ocean to conduct, process, and deliver the vital energy to the Ethyrians' underwater cities.

He advocated heavily for the Ethyrians to set their sights on colonization, and even invented a suit and mask that would allow his kind to thrive outside of their aquatic environment. Ultimately, the others had zero interest in leaving their home planet for any such reason. Not a particularly malevolent species, he is the first known to travel off-world and actively prey upon weaker lifeforms.

Kapa first visited Earth in the late '90s. He was drawn to Tokyo by the city's vast electrical grid and large population. At first he was content to feed off of the grid alone, but he eventually developed a desire to absorb the electricity produced by the humans, which would consequently kill them by way of sapping the energy needed for vital bodily processes. He would later be confronted and defeated by Aquaman, causing him to flee planet Earth.

It is unknown how many other planets he terrorized before his ship crash lands in the Gotham River, bringing him to Earth for a second time.

-Regeneration: Kapa's body heals wounds at an accelerated rate and can even regenerate lost limbs, albeit very slowly.
    -Electro-attunement: Ethyrians feed off of electricity for sustenance. This includes organic lifeforms. They are able to perceive electrical signatures as they must absorb this energy in order to live.
    Darkvision: Born in the depths of a watery world,

-Breathing Apparatus: Allows Kapa to breath in many environments outside of water. Allows Kapa to perceive light in a similiar way that humans do.
    -Bio-Suit: Made of a strong, advanced polymer, the suit is resistant quite durable and resistant to piercing damage. It also protects his body from direct sunlight and the open air.
Weaknesses: Essentially a living battery, when Kapa discharges energy, he is literally using up the energy he requires to sustain himself. This can lead to a multitude of problems including severe fatigue, exhaustion, and possibly death. Kapa's species utilizes cellular diffusion to "breath" due to their aquatic nature, and without a device to compensate Kapa has substantial difficulty with respiration outside of water. He is also is extremely sensitive to bright light without his mask.
Extra Information: Lex Luthor attempted to recruit him. Despite the man's great intelligence and power, Kapa showed only disdain for humanity, and refused.
Living place: Kapa does not necessarily live at any one place within Gotham. Rather, he frequently returns to a generating station located along the Gotham River where he will feed off of the city's electrical grid.

Just as a reminder, all IC posts here are 3rd person, past tense. As long as you're cool with that, approved! Welcome aboard! :)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:43 am

Lic wrote:Posted.

Oh...this should be good. :p *goes to read*

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:46 am

United States of Brainy wrote:
Illegal Planets wrote:Alright, it's finished.

Villain APP:

Darkvision: Born in the depths of a watery world,

-Breathing Apparatus: Allows Kapa to breath in many environments outside of water. Allows Kapa to perceive light in a similiar way that humans do.
    -Bio-Suit: Made of a strong, advanced polymer, the suit is resistant quite durable and resistant to piercing damage. It also protects his body from direct sunlight and the open air.

Just as a reminder, all IC posts here are 3rd person, past tense. As long as you're cool with that, approved! Welcome aboard! :)

Awesome, thanks :D That's typically the way I write, anyway. I've tried first person and it just doesn't feel right to me
MDE never dies

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:49 am

Yeahhh...Tim's making a really poor leader. He takes out his anger on the weaker target, Damian, while he's too afraid to confront the real cause of all the trouble, Dick. Tim needs to grow a spine and some sense and start exhibiting more firm and fair judgement or this is just gonna be the start of his problems. Just my two cents. :p

Edit- Also, his treatment of Damian is bordering on abusive, so there's that too.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:51 am

Illegal Planets wrote:
Awesome, thanks :D That's typically the way I write, anyway. I've tried first person and it just doesn't feel right to me

No problem. And can't wait to see what Kapa has in store for Gotham! :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse