NATION

PASSWORD

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (OOC, Open)

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:58 pm

Do YOU have what it takes to join America’s Elite Counter-Terrorism Strike Force and fight the evil forces of COBRA!

When human freedom is threatened, who gets the call? G.I. Joe, that’s who! A brave team of highly trained men and women putting their lives on the line to protect our way of life! But combating the threat of terrorism takes its toll and new recruits are constantly needed. If you have the courage and the guts, you’re just the kind of hero the G.I. Joe team is looking for! ENLIST TODAY!

Code: Select all
[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/survivor-org/images/9/95/GI-JOE-Logo-Wall-Plaque.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140609090506[/img]

[size=150][b](JOB TITLE/DESIGNATION)[/b][/size]
[size=150][b]CODE NAME:[/b] (ALL CAPS)[/size]

[b](Personal signature quote)[/b]

[b]File Name: (Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial)[/b]
[b]SN:[/b]
[b]Primary Military Specialty:[/b]
[b]Secondary Military Specialty:[/b]
[b]Birthplace:[/b]
[b]Grade:[/b] (Military Rank, no lower than a SGT, no higher than a CAPT, unless canon or with special permission)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (describe their personal appearance and/or provide a picture)
[b]Combat uniform:[/b] (describe their trademark uniform and/or provide a picture.  If the picture for appearance has them in gear, that'll cover it.  If there uniform has special combat capabilities, like powered armor or a C4-rigged battle helmet, please describe.)
[b]Signature Weapons:[/b] (if your character was an action figure, what weapons would be included with them.  No vehicles though.)

[b]Backstory:[/b] (two paragraph minimum)

(RP sample- five paragraph minimum.  It can be how your character got recruited to the Joe team, why they joined the military, a defining moment in their life or a manifesto or personal epiphany.  Basically, it should tell me where your character is coming from as far as mindset, perspective, moral character or lack there of.)

The PATH to profit and power begins HERE! COBRAAAAAAA!!!

Tired of being trampled on? Tired of sweating to support you and your family only to have the rewards of your hard labor stolen by the greedy and the lazy? Tired of being laughed at and kicked around and ignored? Today is the day you say “NO MORE!!!” We’re an organization that recognizes your true potential and is ready to help you realize it! Take that bold first step to a better life! JOIN THE LEGIONS OF COBRA!

Code: Select all
[img]http://news.hisstank.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2017/07/GIJoe-x-ASCQ-928x250.png[/img]

[b][size=150]COBRA ENEMY[/size][/b]
[b][size=150](DESIGNATION/JOB TITLE)[/size][/b]
[size=150][b]CODE NAME:[/b][/size]

[b](Personal signature quote)[/b]

[b]File Name:[/b]
[b]Primary Military Specialty:[/b]
[b]Secondary Military Specialty:[/b]
[b]Birthplace:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] (describe their personal appearance and/or provide a picture)
[b]Combat uniform:[/b] (describe their trademark uniform and/or provide a picture.  If the picture for appearance has them in gear, that'll cover it.  If there uniform has special combat capabilities, like powered armor or a C4-rigged battle helmet, please describe.)
[b]Signature Weapons:[/b] (if your character was an action figure, what weapons would be included with them.  No vehicles though.)

Backstory: (two paragraph minimum)

(RP sample- five paragraph minimum.  It can be how your character got recruited to the Joe team, why they joined the military, a defining moment in their life or a manifesto or personal epiphany.  Basically, it should tell me where your character is coming from as far as mindset, perspective, moral character or lack there of.)
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:23 am, edited 9 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:59 pm

The RP

So…in the early 2000s, there was this 13-yr-old girl who got stuck babysitting her kid brother. The boy was crazy mad about this thing called G.I. Joe: Spy Troops and he had just gotten a Snake-Eyes action figure and included with the figure was a Spy Troops dvd movie. Well, we watched the movie and as soon as it was over, he was like, “Let’s play Spy Troops! You be Scarlett!” and I was like, “Ugh…alright.” So, I ended up playing both Scarlett and Storm Shadow, no easy feat lemme tell ya. For the next month or so, it was a constant litany of “You be Scarlett!” and I didn’t even like her because she had long red hair and I had short brown hair.

So, one day, I was like “I’m tired of playing Scarlett, she can’t be the only female Joe!” A little bit of online research later and we found both the 80s comic book series by Larry Hama and the 80s cartoon and we began to read and watch and both of us were hooked. And, lo and behold, there was a female joe with short brown hair like me (at least in the cartoon) and no it wasn’t Lady Jaye, hahaha. She had the coolest code-name and even cooler, was a former model who became a grease monkey and got to drive tanks! Awesomeness squared.

So, that’s the reason for this RP. It’s gonna be about 70 percent Hama and 30 percent cartoon. The thing I love about Joe is that it’s militarily realistic while at the same time a full-fledged comic book superhero fantasy. That’s what I’m hoping for, that mix of hard-core war gaming with a lot of the gee-whiz silliness from the cartoon. The question was raised about setting the RP in the 80s and after a lot of thought, I’m going to keep it in the present day. It’s just 80s tech is so outdated now and Joe was always about having all the bleeding tech weapons and vehicles. Plus, I think setting it in the 80s would just be too much of a hassle and a distraction (I don’t want this to become Stranger Things where everything’s about the 80s.) I want to keep the focus squarely on Joe and Cobra. That’s the same reason why I’m keeping Transformers out of it for now. I know having Transformers in Joe is canon but I don’t want this story turning into a giant robot fight which is what invariably is going to happen when you start introducing giant robots.

So, that’s my spiel and I hope some of you are interested enough to join! :)

The Rules
I’ll try to keep this short and simple because no one likes rules but we gotta have them.

-We’re all here to have fun. So, if you’re someone who has to win no matter what, this RP isn’t for you. The goal isn’t to beat everyone else’s character into a pulp to prove that you’re king of the hill. Sometimes, you gotta lose the battle to win the war and it isn’t about the destination but the journey, yadda, yadda yadda, you get the point.

-The story is strictly PG-13/R-ish when it comes to violence and language. No gorn, dismemberment, graphic torture. I realize this is a military RP but remember, superhero comic book too, so try and not turn it into Saving Private Ryan. Profanity is allowed but please don’t start throwing F-bombs all over the place.

-No godmodding, autohitting or throwing in things out of left field just so you can win. Standard RP player stuff.

-Be civil to one another in OOC. No bullying, harassing, making jokes about someone to the point of cruelty. Basic human decency stuff.

-If there is an argument or dispute, the OP and/or the Co-Ops will handle it and their word is law. If you have an issue with a Co-OP, bring it directly to me by TG.

And…that’s it. If I left out anything or forgot anything, I’ll add it later but I think that about covers it.

A Note about Character Apps

-I’m going to limit it to one character per new RP’er. Once you have a few posts under your belt and I see that you’re committed, I will allow multiple apps on a per player basis.

-You can play canon, OP or have a canon but change their backstory to make it your own. But if you’re playing a canon, even if you change their backstory, you have to preserve the essence of who they are. So, for instance, don’t make the Baroness an American. Don’t make Flint, a Rhodes Scholar and intellectual into a good ‘ol boy or make Shipwreck all shipshape and clean-shaven.

-3rd person past tense for your IC posts, ‘nuff said.

-No cut and paste jobs for your apps. Except for name, rank, serial number and that kinda basic info, everything else should be in your own words. Even if the backstory is 100 percent canon, write it in your own words. If you cut and paste, I will know. Brainy knows all, Brainy sees all.

-If you’re feeling particularly ambitious, you can do a custom file card in addition to the standard app. Just be aware, getting the picture to fit is a colossal pain. Here’s the link- http://www.joecustoms.com/filecards/filecards.php

Thanks!
Brainy
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:59 pm

Roll Call

Cover Girl(Brainy)
Bazooka(Pax Nerdvana)

Cobra Commander(Tamrida)

Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:00 pm

The Armory

Weapons, Tech and Vehicles

G.I. JOE

*The JoeCOMM
CLASSIFIED ABOVE TOP SECRET! ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISSEMINATION OF THE BELOW FILE IS PUNISHABLE BY UP TO 25 YEARS IN A FEDERAL PRISON OR DISCIPLINARY BARRACKS!

Classified Technical File- CMD568/J-47

The JoeComm - M-982 P.C.D. Personal Communication Device

In 2008, the DoD contracted Apple to produce a military version of the iPhone. The device had to have SatPhone-level coverage, the functionality and slimness of a smartphone and the processing power and memory of a high-end desktop computer. Along with being completely waterproof and able to function in any environment, impact and shatter resistant and possessing a 256 bit encryption at a minimum.

Under the personal supervision of Steve Jobs, the Apple design team not only met those requirements but exceeded them. In addition to giving the brass everything they wanted, they added a fingerprint scanner, Geiger counter, gas detector, magnetometer and a slew of other ‘James Bond’ gadgets. All in a package no different in appearance than your standard iPhone. They even threw in a 50,000 volt integrated Taser and three different colors for the case.

At a cost of $400,000 US per unit, the phone was prohibitively expensive for mass production but perfect for the G.I. Joe team. Each JoeComm has individualized biometric locks for each of its users as well as a ‘digital foot locker’ to allow the storing of personal photos and media. Not to mention, each Joe receives a new, updated replacement device every eight months to a year because Hawk realizes that his team members are only human and want to have the latest and greatest like everyone else.

COBRA

Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Resource Center

Helpful links for all things Joe and/or military! Updated as needed. :)

https://www.yojoe.com/- The definitive source for all your G.I. Joe toy and merch needs! Comprehensive listing of all the Joe toys with hi-res pics of all the filecards and package art. (Thanks to Pax Nerdvana for the mention!)

http://gijoe.wikia.com/wiki/G.I._Joe:_A_Real_American_Hero- Joe wikia! (Again, thanks to Pax for the suggestion!)

https://www.cbr.com/the-greatest-g-i-joe-stories-ever-told/- Yep, I pretty much agree.

https://www.federalpay.org/military/army/ranks- Ranks, insignia and pay scales for all branches of the US military. Just be aware that the Joes, like any special ops team, don't stand on formality and they may have a leadership hierarchy that doesn't adhere 100 percent to a Joe's given military rank. For instance, a Sgt. might be in charge of a team mission with O-2s under their command just because the Sgt. is most qualified for that particular mission.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_United_States_Army

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_weapons_of_the_United_States_Marine_Corps

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_United_States_military_aircraft

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_United_States_Air_Force

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_United_States_Navy

Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:00 am, edited 6 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:56 pm

Okay, people, we're live! App forms are ready under "spoiler" in the first post. Be sure you choose the correct one, either Joe or Cobra! :)
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:24 pm

COBRA ENEMY HERO
Cobra Leader
CODE NAME:Cobra Commander

"This is the world...everything is for sale" (There are so many I can could barely just chose one.)

File Name: (Classified)
Primary Military Specialty: Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Ordinance (Experimental Weapons)
Birthplace: (Classified)
Appearance: (Classified)
Uniforms: Various

Signature Weapons: Depends on combat uniform. His typical weapons include:
  • Experimental Laser Pistol (Parade, Combat, and Officer Uniforms
  • Assault Rifle (Combat Uniforms)
  • Sabre (Parade and Officer Uniforms)
  • Combat Knife (Combat and Officer Uniforms)

Backstory: The backstory of Cobra Commander is one with different names, different faces, and different settings. However, there is one thing that stays the same, and that is the person, Cobra Commander. A man who was fed up with the ineffective and corrupt government systems of the world, and belived that he alone had the vision and ideas on how to do so. He amassed an army by recruiting displaced and disgruntled people, luring them with the promises of money, power, and getting back at the world that hurt them. In return, he demands that they swear absolute loyalty to his cause of world domination.

While having the public stance of ideological superiority and the danger of the world's governments, in more private spaces he is not swayed by his claims. Cobra Commander does not delude himself by justifying his actions as matters of principles or glory, knowing that he does it for control and power. He is ruthless and totally obsessed in satisfying his ambitions. A meticulous person, he likes to personally oversee vital projects himself and engages in military combat with his troops on occasion, earning the reputation as a leader who leads from the front.

RP sample: A man was sitting down at a desk, his only illumination being the single lamp light next to his head. While the room had proper ceiling lights, the man didn't want to use them, predicting to remain as hidden as possible. On the desk, he had a piece of paper, on which he was carefully writing down something of great importance, not to him but to the world. A manifesto and mission statement for an organization that he hatched the idea of a few hour earlier. An organization to give others leadership and organization in this chaotic and merciless world while at the same time giving himself the ability to fulfil his ambitions to become rich and powerful.

The next morning, he made, printed, and put up fliers through the tiny town of Springfield. The fliers said: Our political systems are all inefficient, weak, and corrupt. They push down on the people to support the overbearing needs of themselves and their special interest. The question is: What will you do about it? If you do not want to stand for this anymore or do not want to stand on the sidelines as others bring truth and justice to the world, come to the Community Center Sunday at noon. After putting these flyers up, the man left, not waiting to see if anyone responded at all.

The man entered into the packed Community Center and stood in front of the speakers podium. He made no motion or sound, he simply waited until they noticed him and settled down. While waiting he scanned the room to see all different kinds of faces, of all races, genders, social classes, they all had one thing that they all had in common though, they all have an ax to grind with the world. He waited until someone saw him and called out to everyone else to quiet down, and when the room went quiet, the man spoke.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, you are all assembled here today for a reason, and that reason is grief. Grief with the current state of the world. Greif with the current state of government. Greif with whatever else that oppresses and belittles you, and you all want that to change. I am not here to fill your heads with mindless drivel about how 'things will be better in the end', that 'you should be the change that you want to see in the world', that 'to change the system all you need to do is vote', or other cutesy sayings or vague promises of hope. None of which ever live up to their stated goals. No, I am here to inspire you, to motivate you, into doing something with your grief and anger through my organization named Cobra, and to give you the chance to do something that no one else can give you. The chance to make actual change in the world, to better the nation you and your children live in, to improve the systems of government and remove the corruption of special interests and political influencers. I am giving you the chance to rise up along with your voices to destroy what has failed in the past and build up new institutions on new foundations in order to make a better world. Cobra is the better world! Cobra is the future! Join Cobra and follow me, Cobra Commander, into the future!"

With his speech given, the man waisted no time getting off the stage, the crowd remaining absolutely silent until he was fully off the stage. The spellbound crowd then suddenly burst into cheers and applauses as chants of 'Cobra' echoed down the halls of the community center. Cobra Commander didn't wait to hear them and he did not slow his pace as he walked home. He did not wait because he knew that the people would eat up his every word. He did not wait because he knew that the people would follow him to the end of the world. He did not wait because he knew that Cobra would win in the end.

He did not wait because didn't have to wait.

Yes, I know that the word give is cut off, I am just going to deal with it as is.
Last edited by Tamrida on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:48 am, edited 11 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:27 pm

Hahahaha, there's Tam! Yeahhh...hero my ass!

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:30 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Hahahaha, there's Tam! Yeahhh...hero my ass!

The only difference between a hero and a villain is a difference in perspective.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Tamrida wrote:The only difference between a hero and a villain is a difference in perspective.

Yeah, next thing you'll be telling me is that the dog had it coming. :eyebrow:

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:37 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Tamrida wrote:The only difference between a hero and a villain is a difference in perspective.

Yeah, next thing you'll be telling me is that the dog had it coming. :eyebrow:

That is obviously a slanderous piece of Joe propaganda meant to smear the good name of Cobra Commander.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:48 pm

Tamrida wrote:That is obviously a slanderous piece of Joe propaganda meant to smear the good name of Cobra Commander.

Whatever... :p

Hey, sorry, but I forgot a couple things for the apps-

Appearance: (describe their personal appearance and/or provide a picture)
Combat uniform: (describe their trademark uniform and/or provide a picture. If the picture for appearance has them in gear, that'll cover it. If there uniform has special combat capabilities, like powered armor or a C4-rigged battle helmet, please describe.)
Signature Weapons: (if your character was an action figure, what weapons would be included with them)

Just insert right before the backstory. I updated the apps, sorry for the double work.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:00 pm

WOLVERINE DRIVER
CODE NAME: COVER GIRL

"I'm as dangerous in a dress as I am behind 950mm of Chobham armor."

File Name: Krieger, Courtney, A.
SN: RA973244486
Primary Military Specialty: Armor
Secondary Military Specialty: AFV Mechanic
Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois
Grade: E-8 Master Sergeant

Appearance: 5'8", brown eyes, short, dark brown chestnut hair.
Combat uniform: Armored Cav brown leather jacket, 'Desert Beige' Under Armour long-sleeve compression top, burgundy Under Armour tights, brown, calf leather cavalry boots. Top and tights are lycra/kevlar microweave, effective against handgun/submachine gun ammunition.
Signature Weapons: Black and tan SIG Sauer M17/.40 caliber. Held in a thigh holster, 'gunslinger-rig' gunbelt.

Backstory:
Cover Girl grew up along exclusive Lake Shore Drive, the daughter of wealthy, socially liberal parents. Started modeling in commercials and magazines at the age of 12. Spent her rebel teen years street racing and repairing exotic sports cars. Wanting her life to count for something, she enlisted at 18. Told the sergeant at the recruiting office that she wanted to get into tanks. He laughed, thought she was joking, until she took apart and reassembled his car engine while he watched, gape-mouthed, in the parking lot.

After that, she got her choice of assignments. Chose the 'Home of Armor Cav' Fort Benning, studying all aspects of tank warfare and repair. Got so good, she earned the nickname "The Armor Goddess" and became an instructor at the Army Armor School there before joining the Joes. Qualified Expert: All NATO and Russian AFVs and anti-armor weapons.

RP Sample-
She never thought of herself as a teacher. Then again, if I had students like these…. They were fit, all hard muscle under their BDUs, but without the swagger and posturing. Ernest young faces, many wearing glasses, all focused on her. She was barely older than they were but they gave her their complete and undivided attention. Respect for her rank but also respect for her knowledge.

“The Armor Goddess.” That’s what they called her. Her unofficial nickname when she wasn’t around. Not only because of her unbelievable grasp of all things armor but also, frankly, because of her looks. With her short, dark brown hair and lean 5’8” frame, she was equal parts hot librarian and Lara Croft. A video game action heroine come to life.

She drew with her stylus on her tablet, arrowed lines and numbers that appeared on the giant screen behind her. They were in the classroom today, not in the motor pool or range. Eighteen students on day32 of the Armor Master Gunner Course at the Army Armor School at Fort Benning. Master Sergeant Courtney Krieger was only one of nine instructors but she hoped the favorite to the students seated before her.

“Diaz!” She pointed at a young soldier hunched in front of his Toughbook.

“Sergeant!” he snapped to attention.

She smiled. “Ya got a brand spankin’ new T-72BM bearing down on you at 2000 meters, 125mm smoothbore starring at you in the face. 950mm of Relikt frontal armor. What-Do-You-Do?”

Diaz started sweating, thinking hard. Before she could let him off the hook, one of the other instructors strode in. Walked up and whispered in her ear. “Hey, Court, you got a visitor outside. Full bird in his Dress Blues. I’ll finish up your class.”

“A-TEN-HUT!” Her class rose to attention as she walked out the door. Wonder what this is about?

He sat in the bleachers on the parade field. Ramrod straight. A real blond-haired, blue-eyed, all-American type. Courtney figured he was in his early 40s although he had the bearing of someone ten years younger.

“Master Sergeant Courtney Krieger, reporting as ordered, SIR!” She snapped a salute.

“At ease, Sergeant, have a seat.”

As she took a seat beside him, she noticed he wasn’t alone. He had his aide with him. Or maybe it was his driver. The guy was standing against the corner further away. He had mirrored glasses on and his face was…off somehow. Almost like he was wearing rubber skin?

“Sergeant?”

Courtney turned her attention back to the colonel. “Sorry, sir.”

He might have had the faintest of smiles before picking up a file jacket by his side. He opened it up and began reciting.” “Courtney A. Krieger. Age-25. The middle initial, ‘A’ for Anna. He pronounced it like ‘ANN-A’.

“It’s pronounced ‘AN-NA’”, she quickly corrected him, making the first syllable sound like ‘Ahh’.

“Excuse me?”

“It’s AN-NA, Sir. It was my grandmother’s name.”

The mysterious colonel studied his file. “Hmm..that’s right, your grandmother, a Holocaust survivor, correct?”

“Yes, Sir.”

He studied her for a moment. “You’re…Jewish?”

“Yes, Sir.” She stared at him evenly. The Army had treated her good but she had heard rumors, for instance about the Air Force Academy. She hoped this colonel wasn’t one of those holy rollers she had heard about.

He seemed to read her mind. “Just curious. No offense meant.” He said nothing more, just studied her, the silence uncomfortable.

“Forgive me for asking, Sir…but are you SOCOM?”

He narrowed his eyes. “What makes you think that, Sergeant?”

“I really stepped in it now,” she thought. She might as well commit herself fully. “Well, Sir, you’re not wearing any unit patches on your Dress Blues. No name plate either.”

“Very observant.” He remarked evenly. “Sergeant…everything I’m about to tell you is classified above top secret. If you divulge any of it, you’ll spend the next fifty years in solitary at Leavensworth, am I clear?”

‘Yes, Sir,” she affirmed, her expression hardening but also curious and expectant.

“To answer your question, I command a small elite unit. Outside of SOCOM and the chain of command. Comprised of the very best from all four branches. Coast Guard and a few foreign services as well.”

“This isn’t a United Nations kinda thing, is it, Sir?”

“Oh no. Strictly within the U.S. force structure. Still answer to the President if that’s your concern.”

“And you want me? I’m flattered, Sir.”

“Well, they do call you, what was it, ‘The Armor Goddess’?”

“Heh, yes Sir. So…I’ll be driving tanks?”

“Primarily, yes. But, first, if you accept that is, you’ll be spending the next six months at Fort Huachuca.” He could see her figuring it out.

“Army Counterintelligence?”

“Yes.”

Behind her eyes, her mind was working overtime to puzzle it out. Then she had it, her eyes hardening. “Permission to speak freely, Sir?”

“By all means, Sergeant.”

“I didn’t spend seven years in the Army to wind up shaking my ass on some undercover sting operation. If you’re looking for some spy in a dress, you got the wrong person.”

“What’s your other nickname?” he asked, unfazed. “The one that Gunny Dan calls you?”

Gunny Dan had been like a father, well, like a grandfather to her here at Fort Benning. How did this colonel know Gunny Dan??

The colonel continued on, not waiting for her answer. “Sgt. Krieger, they say that you’re maybe one of the ten, no, one of the five best armor cav operators in the entire US Army. But…you have other qualities that make you special too. And I need to utilize everything about you, not just 90 percent, ALL of it. I realize that you don’t want to be seen as a pretty face, that you’ve been trying to prove that you’re not but I need you to own that part of yourself as well. Take control and make it yours. So, what do you say…Cover Girl?”

Last edited by United States of Brainy on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Okay, my character app is finally complete!

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:34 pm

Tamrida wrote:Okay, my character app is finally complete!

Approved! We officially have a Cobra Commander, YAY!!! :D And, just my personal opinion, but no one says "mindless drivel" better than 'ol Snake-Head! :lol:

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:38 pm

Tamrida wrote:Okay, my character app is finally complete!

Approved! We officially have a Cobra Commander, YAY!!! :D And, just my personal opinion, but no one says "mindless drivel" better than 'ol Snake-Head! :lol:

One day you will know the truth of Cobra instead of just the Joe propaganda machine. One day...

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:41 pm

Tamrida wrote:One day you will know the truth of Cobra instead of just the Joe propaganda machine. One day...

You know, one day would be today if Cobra spent a few bucks and got themselves a PR guy that didn't have to DJ kids' birthday parties on the weekend! :lol:

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:43 pm

Tamrida wrote:One day you will know the truth of Cobra instead of just the Joe propaganda machine. One day...

You know, one day would be today if Cobra spent a few bucks and got themselves a PR guy that didn't have to DJ kids' birthday parties on the weekend! :lol:

That doesn't even make any sense.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:47 pm

YOOOOO JOOOEEEE!!!!
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:50 pm

Tamrida wrote:

That doesn't even make any sense.

It makes sense to the good guys. :p
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:51 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:YOOOOO JOOOEEEE!!!!

PAX!!!! YOU CAME!!!! :hug:

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:52 pm

Tag
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:55 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:YOOOOO JOOOEEEE!!!!

PAX!!!! YOU CAME!!!! :hug:

I was busy. :) But I'm here now, and an app will come tomorrow or so.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:56 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Tag

Yay!!!! We're finally getting people!!! Welcome, Warg! :D

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:[
I was busy. :) But I'm here now, and an app will come tomorrow or so.

Thank you, Pax. :)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse