NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:37 pm

Bycrest wrote:
Tamrida wrote:Are you sure? I believe that I did something that was too OP for my character based on what you were describing, and that it should not be allowed to stay, but you have the final call.

I also made this diagram to show what I was thinking of how it was layed out:
(Image)
So there is the ship at the top, and the trucks at the bottom. Surrounding the trucks is a semi-circle of ninjas facing the trucks with Ubu at the center, his back to the ship. (As it would make no sense for them to expect an attack to come from the ship.) Merrymaker takes the path of the yellow arrow and quickly comes down, (and then does what I am dubbing the) "stabs and grabs", and turns and runs.

There's a small problem with your plan, you're trusting the stealth gear way to much. This is partially my fault for not really explaining them well but I never picture stealth tech instantly cloaking something someone is touching. If you grab the box, it's going to be floating in the air until you put it away, and by that time your hand will get cut off by a ninja.

OOF! I thought that it was the person, and anything physically touching the person (within reason) like held items and clothes.

Hopefully, I can put it away in time and pull out my saftey trick before that happens. (Maybe now is the time for an exploding penguin cover play? :? )

Edit: Yeah, I was thinking about it like the Kotor stealth field generator, with a few changes. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth_ ... or/Legends
Last edited by Tamrida on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:45 pm

Tamrida wrote:
Bycrest wrote:There's a small problem with your plan, you're trusting the stealth gear way to much. This is partially my fault for not really explaining them well but I never picture stealth tech instantly cloaking something someone is touching. If you grab the box, it's going to be floating in the air until you put it away, and by that time your hand will get cut off by a ninja.

OOF! I thought that it was the person, and anything physically touching the person (within reason) like held items and clothes.

Hopefully, I can put it away in time and pull out my saftey trick before that happens. (Maybe now is the time for an exploding penguin cover play? :? )

If the object is hidden on your person than yes, but if you just picked it up no.

Also, we don't know if the League didn't bring thermal vision goggles so...
Last edited by Bycrest on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:50 pm

Okay, thanks for your patience guys. I'm back but I really really need to get a Babs post done so bear with me.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:50 pm

Bycrest wrote:
Tamrida wrote:OOF! I thought that it was the person, and anything physically touching the person (within reason) like held items and clothes.

If the object is hidden on your person than yes, but if you just picked it up no.

Also, we don't know if the League didn't bring thermal vision goggles so...

Fair enough. Although for the League, one of the posts said that they were using night vision, so I believe that we can rule out thermal.

Also, does my character know of the Riddler s escape plan (Echo and Query in the truck?) or did he not share that information with him?

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:57 pm

Lic wrote:What’s going on with Tim-Dick? Haven’t heard from Sterk on the OOC in a bit. And the docks situation is looking increasingly urgent...

I've been waiting for you, I was under the impression you were going to meet Dick at the Mansion before he left.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:22 pm

Ok, posted for Babs. Not my best work but its up. Thanks everyone for your patience. Ok, let's see what's going on...

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:23 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Ok, posted for Babs. Not my best work but its up. Thanks everyone for your patience. Ok, let's see what's going on...

The last post wasn't my best work either, but we do what we can, no? :)
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:24 pm

Bycrest, Tam, give me an update. Tam, are you going with your post as is? I'll allow it, just be prepared for the consequences? :twisted: So, you still want to leave it as is?

EDIT- aaaaand of course, they're all gone now...
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:25 pm

Auphelia wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Ok, posted for Babs. Not my best work but its up. Thanks everyone for your patience. Ok, let's see what's going on...

The last post wasn't my best work either, but we do what we can, no? :)

Thanks for being so patience, A, I really appreciate it. :)
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:27 pm

Hero APP:
Name/Alias: Alex Darius Fletcher A.K.A. Phantom
Appearance:

Personality: Alex is very level headed and cunning. He is sly, sharp witted, has a silver tongue, and is a ladies man to an extreme. However, he has a burning hatred and obsession for three Crimson thorn, as he is the reason that Alex was stripped of his humanity.
Faction: No true faction, though he may start an anti Crimson Thorn one later.
Race: Partially human, though his time stuck between dimensions kinda screwed him up a bit, so...
Backstory: Alex grew up in Gotham’s high society. He was trained a Gotham elite. Alex had a reputation for being an aspiring playboy as a young man, and that reputation only grew. Soon, he was amongst this like Bruce Wayne in terms of popularity with the people of Gotham. Born the heir to Gotham’s largest shipment company, as well as a supermarket franchise, the Fletcher name is well known amongst Gotham’s people. However, Alex had a dark secret. He had affiliation with the cult the Order of Reapers, as an enforcer, with command second only to Elias Shields. He was an assassin, a hunter, and the only order member recognized by the public, seen as a grim, masked figure, with the name “Phantom.” And then, one day, his life was changed. Alex was found to be a traitor to the order due to an unspecified incident. As punishment for his “crime,” the Crimson Thorn banished Alex to the fractal realm, sealing him within the parallel dimension. Prolonged exposure to he alternate dimension corrupted Alex, and permanently stripped him of his humanity. And then one day, he was freed, and found himself back in his own realm, only to discover he had been imprisoned for 7 years. Enraged at the years of his life stolen, and the humanity destroyed, he set out to slay the one who took his life away.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
Abilities:
Molecular manipulation: Alex can shift his molecular structure to pass through objects, do something akin to teleporting, or even manipulate the molecular structure of other objects, shifting their properties.
Fractal manipulation: His time between dimensions gave Alex the ability to again access to the fractal realm, a dimension parrellel to our own that is also wielded by Elias Shields, the one who caused Alex’s transformation.
Rift: Alex can theoretically use his powers to break open the fabric of reality and travel through the multiverse, though this would take a massive amount of power, thus, he utilizes his dimensional powers to teleport to locations in our own dimension.
Dimensional Pulse: Gathering up energy from rifts he produces, he can fire of beams of light that can burn through solid steel if focused.
Equipment:
Phantom Mask and Outfit: A gas mask affected heavily by exposure to dimensional energy, as well as a fine tailored suit. These objects easily shift in molecular structure, similar to Alex.
Dual Pistols: Twin guns with the same properties as the Phantom Suit, with bullets being able to pass through solid material and hit things through obstacles.
Phantom Katana: A sword with the same properties as the Phantom Suit.

Weaknesses:
-Instability: Alex’s powers are not very stable, and can easily go out of control if he doesn’t focus while using them.
-Revenge Drive: Alex’s one and only goal is to kill the Crimson Thorn- at all costs.
-Extradimensional: If attacked by materials of other various dimensions (such as his own fractals) he is unable to phase through them, and when hit by materials of this sort, his powers are disrupted and incredibly difficult to control.
Skills:
-Hand to hand combat: Alex has experience with multiple martial arts, including Krav Maga, Judo, Karate, Boxing, Kendo, and multiple speed fighting martial arts.
-Gunplay: Alex is skilled with using guns, and is very knowledgeable when it comes to firearms.
-Charisma: Alex is a skilled actor, and has a silver tongue. He can be very convincing, and is an especially skilled liar.
RP Examples:
*Elias continues to be disappointed*
Extra Information
Day Job: “Conspiracy Theorist”
Living Place: Anywhere he wants, really
Voice Actor: I’ll add one later.
Likes/Dislikes:
-Likes: Women, a good book, a drink at a bar, Ending the lives of sinners who caused him pain...
-Dislikes: The order of reapers, Crimson Thorn, “fast” women.
Theme Song:
Did you read the rules? Uhh... yeeessss?

A rival to the Order. Y’all can team up with this guy to stop the murderous cult.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:31 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:Hero APP:
Appearance:

Personality: Alex is very level headed and cunning. He is sly, sharp witted, has a silver tongue, and is a ladies man to an extreme. However, he has a burning hatred and obsession for three Crimson thorn, as he is the reason that Alex was stripped of his humanity.
Race: Partially human, though his time stuck between dimensions kinda screwed him up a bit, so...
Backstory: Alex grew up in Gotham’s high society. He was trained a Gotham elite. Alex had a reputation for being an aspiring playboy as a young man, and that reputation only grew. Soon, he was amongst this like Bruce Wayne in terms of popularity with the people of Gotham. Born the heir to Gotham’s largest shipment company, as well as a supermarket franchise, the Fletcher name is well known amongst Gotham’s people. However, Alex had a dark secret. He had affiliation with the cult the Order of Reapers, as an enforcer, with command second only to Elias Shields. He was an assassin, a hunter, and the only order member recognized by the public, seen as a grim, masked figure, with the name “Phantom.” And then, one day, his life was changed. Alex was found to be a traitor to the order due to an unspecified incident. As punishment for his “crime,” the Crimson Thorn banished Alex to the fractal realm, sealing him within the parallel dimension. Prolonged exposure to he alternate dimension corrupted Alex, and permanently stripped him of his humanity. And then one day, he was freed, and found himself back in his own realm, only to discover he had been imprisoned for 7 years. Enraged at the years of his life stolen, and the humanity destroyed, he set out to slay the one who took his life away.
Powers/Weapons/Tech:
Abilities:
Molecular manipulation: Alex can shift his molecular structure to pass through objects, do something akin to teleporting, or even manipulate the molecular structure of other objects, shifting their properties.
Fractal manipulation: His time between dimensions gave Alex the ability to again access to the fractal realm, a dimension parrellel to our own that is also wielded by Elias Shields, the one who caused Alex’s transformation.
Rift: Alex can theoretically use his powers to break open the fabric of reality and travel through the multiverse, though this would take a massive amount of power, thus, he utilizes his dimensional powers to teleport to locations in our own dimension.
Dimensional Pulse: Gathering up energy from rifts he produces, he can fire of beams of light that can burn through solid steel if focused.
Equipment:
Phantom Mask and Outfit: A gas mask affected heavily by exposure to dimensional energy, as well as a fine tailored suit. These objects easily shift in molecular structure, similar to Alex.
Dual Pistols: Twin guns with the same properties as the Phantom Suit, with bullets being able to pass through solid material and hit things through obstacles.

Weaknesses:
-Instability: Alex’s powers are not very stable, and can easily go out of control if he doesn’t focus while using them.
- Revenge Drive: Alex’s one and only goal is to kill the Crimson Thorn- at all costs.
Skills:
-Hand to hand combat: Alex has experience with multiple martial arts, including Krav Maga, Judo, Karate, Boxing, Kendo, and multiple speed fighting martial arts.
-Gunplay: Alex is skilled with using guns, and is very knowledgeable when it comes to firearms.
-Charisma: Alex is a skilled actor, and has a silver tongue. He can be very convincing, and is an especially skilled liar.
RP Examples:
Extra Information
Likes/Dislikes:
-Likes: Women, a good book, a drink at a bar, Ending the lives of sinners who caused him pain...
Theme Song:

A rival to the Order. Y’all can team up with this guy to stop the murderous cult.

Accepted! So...you're going to play BOTH Crimson Thorn AND his arch-nemesis?! That seems a little schitzo, doncha think? :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:33 pm

Sterkistan wrote:I've been waiting for you, I was under the impression you were going to meet Dick at the Mansion before he left.

Hey Sterk, did you want to wait around until Tim shows up? Maybe that way, you get to have some closure with Babs before you go? ;)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:33 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Bycrest, Tam, give me an update. Tam, are you going with your post as is? I'll allow it, just be prepared for the consequences? :twisted: So, you still want to leave it as is?

EDIT- aaaaand of course, they're all gone now...

Define for me consequences...because it would depend.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:35 pm

Tamrida wrote:Define for me consequences...because it would depend.

Well...the only way that I could see you plausibly escaping scot-free like that is if that was a body double, not the real Ubu and that case you're holding is a bomb that's about to go off.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:37 pm

Get ready to meet Less, Ruth's computer system!
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:38 pm

Auphelia wrote:Get ready to meet Less, Ruth's computer system!

Oh gawd... *puts head in hands*

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:38 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Oh gawd... *puts head in hands*

What's wrong?

SC #307

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:39 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:Hero APP:
Appearance:

Powers/Weapons/Tech:
Abilities:
Equipment:

Weaknesses:
- Revenge Drive: Alex’s one and only goal is to kill the Crimson Thorn- at all costs.
Skills:
RP Examples:
Extra Information
Likes/Dislikes:
Theme Song:

Accepted! So...you're going to play BOTH Crimson Thorn AND his arch-nemesis?! That seems a little schitzo, doncha think? :p

Yeah. Eventually I’m going to kill off Crimson Thorn, and have him replaced by Phantom, who is far stronger when it comes to abilities and skills. Phantom will then develop his own god complex, but instead of just wanting to kill supposed “heretics” Phantom will attempt to destroy all normal humans in an all out genocide upon realizing that with loss of his humanity came extreme power.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:41 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Tamrida wrote:Define for me consequences...because it would depend.

Well...the only way that I could see you plausibly escaping scot-free like that is if that was a body double, not the real Ubu and that case you're holding is a bomb that's about to go off.

Huh, the exploding case was my idea, I had a fake one ready to go.

But yeah, I can deal/understand with a lot of punishment, but I am not about to have my character end up dead, so I will change it if you plan on going the bomb route.

Also, what is with everyone and bombs in this mission? My character had an escape plan to blow up the ship and trucks. Bycrest has exploding penguins. The merc hired by the penguin wants to target oil barrels or whatever. And now Ubu has an exploding case.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:42 pm

Auphelia wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Oh gawd... *puts head in hands*

What's wrong?

No, No, nothings wrong. :D What I meant to say was "Can't wait to meet Less, YAY!!!" :D

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:45 pm

Tamrida wrote:
Also, what is with everyone and bombs in this mission? My character had an escape plan to blow up the ship and trucks. Bycrest has exploding penguins. The merc hired by the penguin wants to target oil barrels or whatever. And now Ubu has an exploding case.

I don't know about you, Tam, but i got all this explosive cluttering my apartment, leftover from the holidays because you know, nothing says festivities like explosives and its either use it or feed it to my cat so, yeahhhh...

(And oh, I was just kidding, I don't have a cat. :P )

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:46 pm

So wait, is the case going to be a bomb, or can we discuss a different punishment?

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:47 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Yeah. Eventually I’m going to kill off Crimson Thorn, and have him replaced by Phantom, who is far stronger when it comes to abilities and skills. Phantom will then develop his own god complex, but instead of just wanting to kill supposed “heretics” Phantom will attempt to destroy all normal humans in an all out genocide upon realizing that with loss of his humanity came extreme power.

Oh joy! :lol:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:49 pm

Tamrida wrote:So wait, is the case going to be a bomb, or can we discuss a different punishment?

:rofl:

Yeahhh....sure we can discuss different punishments. :roll: What did you have in mind?

Okay, seriously...lemme think...okay, I got it! I'm going to keep it a surprise but trust me on this.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:50 pm

Ruth and Less.

Think about it.

SC #307

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse