NATION

PASSWORD

1900: Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:49 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Population : Approx. 55 million, give or take.

Germany was around 56,3 million in 1900. You're bigger than Germany.

Then again, I assume you may have lost a few millions due to some ethnic cleansing.

What do you say Thrace? Should I make a separate Christian Church or convert to Catholicism?

I mean, you do know that the Great Schism has never happened?

Of course, the Orthodox rite and the Catholic rite are still very different, but what this means is that the Latin Church is still in full communion with the Orthodox Churches.

So it's really up to you - converting to Catholicism would mean abandoning your autocephalous status and entering the Latin Church.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:03 am

Tracian Empire wrote:A map would really help me..

As you requested.

Added Hawaii as well because it's apparently unclaimed so far and it's a good way to bridge the gap between Singapore and Vancouver.

Super high contrast image so that you can't possibly miss the little treaty ports. :p
Last edited by Plzen on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:04 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Germany was around 56,3 million in 1900. You're bigger than Germany.

Then again, I assume you may have lost a few millions due to some ethnic cleansing.

What do you say Thrace? Should I make a separate Christian Church or convert to Catholicism?

I mean, you do know that the Great Schism has never happened?

Of course, the Orthodox rite and the Catholic rite are still very different, but what this means is that the Latin Church is still in full communion with the Orthodox Churches.

So it's really up to you - converting to Catholicism would mean abandoning your autocephalous status and entering the Latin Church.

I keep forgetting about it.

But yeah, I guess I'll go for catholicism so that I can have my Burzenland elite divisions.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:08 am

Plzen wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:A map would really help me..

As you requested.

Added Hawaii as well because it's apparently unclaimed so far and it's a good way to bridge the gap between Singapore and Vancouver.

Super high contrast image so that you can't possibly miss the little treaty ports. :p

You could go for more colonies, but your current claims are accepted.

Hawaii I'm afraid, is Japanese - it's a mistake on my side, I overlooked it.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:10 am

Full Nation Name : 習王朝 - Great Xi, or the Xi Dynasty

Majority/Official Culture : Han Chinese

Territorial Core : On the map

Territorial Claim : Tibet, Xinjiang, Mongolia, Eastern Siberia, Assam, Indochina

Capital City : Nanjing

Population : Roughly 450 Million people

Government Type : Celestial Empire

Government Ideology/Policies : Chinese Expansionism

Government Focus : The preservation of the Mandate of Heaven is of upmost importance, with the military and economy taking a close second priority.

Head of State : Yazhu Emperor

Head of Government : Grand Chancellor Xiang Ji

Government Description : A Celestial Empire the same as all the others before it

Majority/State Religion : Neo-Confucianism

Religious Description : N/A

Economic Ideologies : Largely Laissez Faire with a few key nationalized industries

Major Production : Silk, Tea, Chinaware, Foodstuffs, Textiles, Raw Materials, Emerging Industry

Economic Description : Similar to the Ming's economic approach with a handful of state monopolies, otherwise the government takes a hands off approach.

Development: Modern
Development Description : As has been the case with every Alternative Divergence thread, East Asian nations have been technologically on par with European nations.

Army Description : With a standing army of 20 infantry divisions and six cavalry divisions, the Chinese army has 390,000 professional soldiers. In reserve, the Chinese may call upon a further 80 infantry divisions and another six cavalry divisions. Armed with the cheap but reliable Hanyang 88, the entire mobilized Chinese military stands at 1.68 million soldiers, perhaps the largest in the world.

Army Weakness : As is typically the case with the Chinese military, an emphasis is often placed on quantity over quality. As such, the current army model is no different. While many officers both high and low advocate for the transition from quantity to a better quality army, the economic situation in China at present ensures this will not come to fruition for sometime.

Naval Description : A total of 108 ships comprise the Chinese navy, including a number of pre-dreadnought battleships.

Naval Weakness : In comparison to its neighbors, the Chinese navy is smaller, in some cases more outdated, and oftentimes ill equipped.

Further Military Description :

National Goals : Invigorate the economy, grow the Chinese Navy, and Modernize the Army

National Issues : Lack of available capital, Stagnating economic trends, Severe drought, and foreign intervention all hold back the Chinese from achieving greatness

National Figures of Interest : N/A

National Ambition/Aspirations : Attain hegemony in Asia

History :

Fall of the Song and Rise of the Jí'ān - 吉安 (1330 – 1523 AD)

In 1211 (2908, Yin Metal Sheep in the Chinese calendar) Genghis Khan and his horde ravaged Western Xia, and at the tail end of the looting an overzealous Mingghan commander mistook a Song town for a Xian one. The commander and his Mingghan looted the town and killed the local garrison. Only after the deed was done did the commander realize his mistake. When the Song learned of the Mongol attack, they broke off their alliance with Genghis Khan.

1213 (2910, Yin Water Chicken), Jin Emperor Wányán Yong survives, continuing to reign twenty more years instead. Ghengis Khan skirmishes briefly with the Song over Western Xia.

In 1214/15 (2911, Yang Wood Dog / 2912, Yin Wood Pig), the Jin didn't move their capital to Kaifeng, as they did in reality due to the Mongol threat. The Emperor Wanyan Yong tried to persuade the Southern Song into a temporary alliance to turn back Genghis Khan. Seeing the threat that Ghengis poses should the Jin fall, the Song agree to an uneasy alliance with the Jin. The combined forces of the Jin and Song decisively defeat the Mongols in the battle of Yinchuan. This defeat prevents the Mongols from threatening China for some time.

1235 (2932, Yin Wood Sheep), Wányán Yongjì died and was replaced by Wányán Shouxù.

In 1267 (2964, Yin Fire Rabbit), Mongols under Khan Khaishan harass Jin China. In a pyrrhic victory, the Jin forces push back the Mongols yet again. This battle weakens Jin for many years to come.

By 1306 (3003, Yang Fire Horse) the Song Chinese were insolvent and unable to raise enough funds to pay government officials and soldiers alike. As a result unrest grew. People felt that the emperor had lost the Mandate of Heaven. In the same year, a rebellion rose in Sichuan, and they become an independent kingdom.

By 1309 (3006, Yin Earth Chicken), all of South China was in unrest. The emperor was killed in the chaos. Jin China also used the opportunity to plunder and annex parts of the Yangtse area. A series of wars and revolts ravage southern China for some time.

In 1330 (3027, Yang Metal Horse), after the dust had settled, the so-called Four Kingdoms had formed in Sichuan, Guanxi, Shandong, and a final kingdom in Jiangxi based in the city of Ji’an
In 1355/56 (3052, Yin Wood Sheep / 3053, Yang Fire Monkey), the first Ji’an emperor (then, still considered one king among many) invaded the Shandong kingdom, dividing it in two.

1357-60 (3054, Yin Fire Chicken / 3057, Yang Metal Rat), he made war against the Guanxi kingdom, conquered Guangzhou, thereby dividing his strongest two enemies.
1362-66 (3059, Yang Water Tiger / 3063, Yang Fire Horse), The Ji’an Emperor went on to conquer the upper Yangtse kingdom, Sichuan and Dali.

The year 1367 (3064, Yin Fire Sheep) saw a Border war between Ji’an and the Pagan Kingdom; Ji’an proved victorious. Pagan was forced to give the conquered Chinese lands back and pay tribute.

During 1371-75 (3068, Yin Metal Pig / 3072, Yin Wood Rabbit), the old Ji’an emperor made war against Guanxi once again. By war’s end the entirety of Southern China was united once again.

In 1381 (3078, Yin Metal Chicken) the first Ji’an emperor was succeeded by his son the Guilin Emperor. Shortly after his ascension to the throne, the Guilin emperor declared war on the Jin Empire.

In 1384 (3081, Yang Wood Rat), with unrest on the rise the new Ji’an emperor was forced to make peace. Jin ceded Kaifeng and Luoyang.

1387 (3084, Yin Fire Rabbit), the War between Ji’an and Jin begins again. In 1390, Goryeo entered the war on Ji’an’s side against Jin.
By 1392 (3089, Yang Water Monkey), the Ji’an conquered Beijing, and the Jin empire was destroyed. Jin loyalist forces fought in vain for several more years before finally surrendering or being destroyed. The Guilinemperor decided that the Great Wall needed to be repaired.

Expansion of influence

Even before the unification of China was complete, Ji’an made efforts to project its power over its own traditional borders. With a newly built fleet, the emperor made the first campaign against Nipponese pirates around Formosa.

In 1385 (3082, Yin Wood Ox) Ji’an and Annam forced Champa into tributary status, as it had been under earlier dynasties.

During the 15th century, Ji’an China sent caravans along the Silk Road to Choresm, starting diplomatic relations with nations along the road.

The Treasure Fleets

1400-02 (3097, Yang Metal Dragon / 3099, Yang Water Horse): First voyage of the Ji’an Treasure Ships. They travelled to Pasai (Sumatra), Melaka (Malacca), Ayutthaya, Khmer, Pagan, and at the end of their journey arrive in Calicut.

1404-06 (3101, Yang Wood Monkey / 3103, Yang Fire Dog): A Second voyage of the Ji’an Treasure Ships is undertaken. They travel to Calicut again, then onto Sri Lanka, whose Raja accepted the Ji’an as supreme rulers. Yet, shortly after the Ji’an fleet left, the Raja reneged on his pledge.

1407-09 (3104, Yin Fire Pig / 3106, Yin Earth Ox): Third voyage of the Ji’an Treasure Ships. This time they went south to Brunei, Majapahit, and the Guineas.

1416-19 (3113, Yang Fire Monkey / 3116, Yin Earth Pig): The Great Voyage: Ji’an Treasure Ships went to Hormuz, visited Persia and started diplomatic relations. After that the fleet sails down the African coast from port to port before finally stopping in Mozambique. Following that, Ji’an merchants started trading with east African kingdoms.

Further events

1410s: Mongol incursions under Baraq Khan on Chinese territory force the Ji’an to interfere.

1419: Work on the Grand Canal between South and North China is renewed.

1422 (3119, Yang Water Tiger): Chiang Mai (Northern Thailand) pays tribute to Ji'an

1451 (3148, Yin Metal Sheep): Tibet joins the Chinese sphere of influence.

1452-56 (3149, Yang Water Monkey / 3153, Yang Fire Rat): A Chinese treasure fleet sails up the Red Sea, sending a delegation to Egypt. On their return, they also spread tales about Romans, Muslim desert savages, and European Kingdoms.

1474 (3171, Yang Wood Horse): The Northern Vietnamese King asks the Ji’an emperor to solve a struggle for succession. This sets a precedent for extending Chinese influence in Vietnam

Decline and fall

By the 1510s and 20s (3207 Earth Snake / 3217 Earth Rabbit) as the dynastic cycle dictates, the Ji’an dynasty was in its death throes. Corruption in the Imperial court was rampant, the Emperors cared less about administering their nation, and more for hunting, spending, and whoring. Perhaps the only productive activity that the last Emperors undertook was spending a great deal of their wealth on the arts, cultural projects, and extensive monuments and works of architecture that survive into our present day. For this reason the technological progress of their predecessors, the Song, was not lost. However, even with all their great feats of architecture and art, the Ji’an still fell prey to the dynastic cycle and after a series of droughts, famines, plagues, and rebellions the mighty Ji’an was laid to ruin.

Rise and Fall of the Zhēnxīn - 真心 (1525 – 1757 AD)
(I don’t feel like doing the bullets anymore)

Seizing upon the weakness of their southern neighbors, the Manchu Jurchen tribes united under a man named Sunjaci Xidong whom had previously been a minor Ji’an official. With a veritable horde of Manchus at his back, Xidong strove headlong into the chaos that had consumed China. Chaos is a ladder and Xidong made his way to the top most rung. After nearly a decade of campaigning, Xidong had conquered much of China. Xidong consolidated his power and claimed the Mandate of Heaven, in the process establishing the Zhēnxīn Dynasty.

Shortly after Xidong’s death, his son and heir continued what his father had started and squashed the few remaining independent warlords. Not long after, the new Sangui Emperor choose for his newly consolidated Empire to focus inward. In the process, this caused China to stagnate intellectually due to a lack of an exchange of ideas with foreigners. This trend continued for sometime before the status quo was broken.

In the late 1600’s an invasion of upper Vietnam was executed to extend Zhēnxīn influence further abroad. In a stunning defeat that rocked the entire country, a smaller but better equipped Vietnamese army defeated the Chinese invasion force nearly three times its size. The Vietnamese victory was owed in large part to superior modern Korean firearms that allowed the Vietnamese to outperform the Chinese army. It was this event that pushed the Zhēnxīn emperors to reconsider their foolish inward policy.

A second army was gathered and dispatched to Vietnam, and despite suffering considerable losses were able to gain the upper hand and decisively defeat the Vietnamese. After northern Vietnam was annexed, another flaw in the Zhēnxīn’s inward policy became apparent. The Vietnamese were better off with open trade with its neighbors and the free spread of ideas that came with it proved to be very productive. Because of this, the reigning Yamen Emperor rescinded these policies enacted by his predecessors and sought to bring China out of isolation. After nearly two centuries of isolation, however, it was apparent many reforms were needed to bring China back to modern standards.

Despite the efforts set into motion by the Yamen Emperor many of the necessary reforms weren’t enacted before the collapse of the foreign Zhēnxīn dynasty.

Signs that the dynastic cycle were again at work to remove the Zhēnxīn dynasty from power were evident shortly after the first few reforms were put into place. In fact, while they were necessary to the modernization of China they were perhaps the reason for the Zhēnxīn dynasty’s ultimate demise. In a similar fashion to Wang Anshi’s New Policies, a series of socio economic reforms were enacted that proved equally disastrous to Wang’s New Policies. At first the policies that included land grants, loans, and nationalization of some industries were successful and proved to be profitable for the government, and in many cases the lower class as well.

However, after a series of devastating natural disasters, many landowning peasants and merchants defaulted on their loans, having lost everything they owned. This coupled with the extensive corruption in the court, and ineffectual response made by the Zhēnxīn lead to a similar demise to the Song. Unable to pay officials and soldiers the mounting unrest in provinces all across their territory led to the Zhēnxīn loss of the Mandate of Heaven and subsequent deposition of the last Emperor. And while it took many years, the Zhēnxīn too fell prey to the Dynastic Cycle.

Rise of the Xi Dynasty to Present

After usurping the throne of the Zhēnxīn, Emperor Taizu of Xi spent the next sixteen years conquering the rest of China, reuniting much of the territory that had once belonged to the Zhēnxīn and ending the power vacuum left by the fall of the previous dynasty. In Nanjing, he established a strong central government over the empire. Ensuring administrative stability by promoting the civil service examination system of drafting state bureaucrats by skill and merit, instead of aristocratic or military position, and promoted projects that ensured efficiency in communication throughout the empire. These projects included repairs of the Grand Canal, and other ambitious work projects. Emperor Taizu also promoted groundbreaking scientific and technological innovations by supporting such works with his patronage.

For almost a hundred years the Xi Dynasty has reigned supreme over China, invigorated by the Industrial Revolution and a Cultural Revolution. However, severe drought, economic downturns, and social unrest have recently threatened the stability of the Empire. The Xi teeter on the edge of falling prey to the dynastic cycle, but many still cling to the the hope that a change in fortune is on the horizon. Whether that hope is in vain is yet to be seen.

#AltDiv (do not delete this, it's for keeping track of the apps)

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:18 am

Tracian Empire wrote:You could go for more colonies, but your current claims are accepted.

Would take something off the Canadian eastern coast or a treaty port off China, but there aren't any to be had. :p All already taken.

Hmm... Batavia/Jakarta and Bangkok are the obvious choices. Other than that... Bermuda looks open. Version 2.

I think this is good. I don't really intend for Scandinavia to be a big colonial player. It's kind of the opposite of the British Empire in the sense that I have relative hinterlands for core territories that contrasts with the highly urbanised and densely populated colonies.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:28 am

Tracian Empire wrote:-Snip-

Of course, accepted.

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:31 am

WIP, stuff in [] means it's dependent on the Old World and will change with it.

Full Nation Name : Officially the Christian Republic, usually 'of America' is added for territory | Respublica Christianam | Χριστιανική Δημοκρατία (Christianikí Dimokratía) | נוֹצְרִי רֶפּוּבְּלִיקָה (Nots'rí Repúblika) | ܝܼܫܘܿܥܵܝܵܐ ܦܘܿܠܘܿܛܝܼܵܐ (Išu'aia Polo'ṭia)
Majority/Official Culture : There is no one unifying identity, not even religious as not all of the population is Christian. Usually known by the endonym 'American', this group includes [English], [French], Romans of all kind, Jews from all nations, [Spaniards], African-Americans, Scandinavians, Native Americans etc. As a result there is a great linguistic diversity, with [English] used as the lingua franca, as efforts to make any dialect of Aramaic the official tongue have met challenges from those pushing Latin, Hebrew or Greek as better biblical languages.
Territorial Core : The Christian Republics
Territorial Claim : Expansionist policies touted by various members of parties
Capital City : New Bethlehem
Population : ~35,000,000 - 40,000,000 (tbd)

Government Type : Presidential Republic (w/ Oligarchic and Theocratic elements)
Government Ideology/Policies : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Militant, Imperialist, Expansionist, etc.]]
Government Focus : [[Tell me a little bit about what is your government’s focus… be it military, economy, culture, legitimacy, etc.]]
Head of State : [[highest-ranking individual in the nation according to rule of law]]
Head of Government : [[highest-ranking defacto ruler]]
Government Description :

Majority/State Religion : Christianity
Religious Description : The majority of the population is Christian, with the Chalcedonian Rite forming the largest group by singular bloc, while overall Protestant and Reformed denominations form a majority, of which the largest is the Poor Man's Church of the New Temple of Salvation, or Salvationists for short. The Salvationists tend to dominate politically and economically, along with other Protestant groups. Significant minorities include a wide array of Jewish groups and Native American 'pagans', who are given protection via treaties enshrined in the uncodified Constitution. Other groups, Muslims, Hindus, Shinto, folk religions etc. aren't given said protections via the constitution, but are legally protected.

Economic Ideologies : [[Capitalism, Mercantilism, Socialism, Communism, etc.]]
Major Production :
Economic Description :

Development: Modern
Development Description : wip but basically same as IRL minus some of the benefits IRL America had (due to lack of western expansion)

Army Description : [[Describe your nation's army in as much detail as you can]]
Army Weakness :
Naval Description : [[Describe your nation's navy in as much detail as you can]]
Naval Weakness :
Further Military Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

National Goals :
National Issues : [[what needs to be fixed in order for your nation to achieve its true potential]]
National Figures of Interest : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Are there any Mother Teresas or Moses that we need to know about?]]
National Ambition/Aspirations : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Not really a set objective, but rather the big picture that your nation is drawing towards]]

History : Interactive Map
rough ideas: - Various colonies from various nations (i.e. Vinland from Scandy, Nova Roma from Rome #1 or #2, Samaria from Iberia, the rest mostly [English] and [French]. Wars with Had. eventually begin after relations break down between private landowners and tribes, largely over land, payments, religion, etc.
- The Salvationists, a dissenting religious group present in most colonies bar Vinland and Samaria (formerly Florida), form close-knit communities and organisations to increase their influence in the area. Growing persecution leads them to finance revolution.
- The revolutionary war ends in victory in 1794, and the States of Galilee (which splits into two), Israel, New Jerusalem, and Tsion federate into the Christian Republic. The State of Nova Roma becomes an independent republic, but elects to join the republic in 1797
- The king of Vinland is toppled in a suspect revolution, and the new regime elects to join the republic in 1811.
- War with Iberia ends in victory in 1814, and Florida is annexed as Samaria
- Conflict with Had. ends in 1821, with the Treaty of Perpetual Peace marking the first clear borders and setting up a buffer state in
- In 1831 the Republic of Alebamon cedes half of its territory to Had., and then elects to join the republic.
- Doesn't intervene in the Had. civil war directly, but allows volunteers for the x side (the pro-Christian one)
- Immigration laws relaxed to allow for more Christian sects, and non-Christians (non-Messianic Jews, Pagans, Muslims, etc.) to gain citizenship

RP Sample: [[Either a link to a past post, or an example written right here.]]

Last edited by Krugmar on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:39 am

Hmm... looks like the Christian Republic controls Bermuda. I need to get better at discerning colours.

Drop that from my claims, I suppose.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:44 am

Elerian wrote:Snip

Accepted!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:02 pm

Map and list updated!

And as always, if you guys know of people who might be interested, feel free to invite them!

Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:04 pm

Reservation

Nation Name: Royaume d'Angloterre
Territory: British Isles, Normandy, Brittany, Quebec, India (at least half of it), The Congo all the way up to Nigeria
*Note: Reservations will last for 72 hours. The OP board reserves the right to be subjective in regards to accepting reservations.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:04 pm

time to make France England again
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:08 pm

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:
Reservation

Territory: British Isles, Normandy, Brittany, Quebec, India (at least half of it), The Congo all the way up to Nigeria
*Note: Reservations will last for 72 hours. The OP board reserves the right to be subjective in regards to accepting reservations.

The useful part of Quebec is already under Iroquoian control, just to let you know.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:
Reservation

Accepted, but without Brittany.

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:49 pm

Reservation

Nation Name: Nation Française (2nd French Empire)
Territory: France. Oversees French Community: French Guiana, French Afrique L'Ouest (Cote D'Ivoire), Madagascar, unowned rest of Somalia and Kenyan-Tanzanian Interior, Mozambique
Last edited by NewLakotah on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:52 pm

NewLakotah wrote:
Reservation

Territory: France. Oversees French Community: French Guiana, French Afrique L'Ouest (Cote D'Ivoire), Madagascar, unowned rest of Somalia and Kenyan Interior

Accepted, with the mention that you won't have Normandy and that you might have to slightly adapt your history depending on what the others are all about (the 2nd Empire implies Napoleon, and he wasn't discussed yet)

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
NewLakotah wrote:
Reservation

Territory: France. Oversees French Community: French Guiana, French Afrique L'Ouest (Cote D'Ivoire), Madagascar, unowned rest of Somalia and Kenyan Interior

Accepted, with the mention that you won't have Normandy and that you might have to slightly adapt your history depending on what the others are all about (the 2nd Empire implies Napoleon, and he wasn't discussed yet)

Right, sans Normandie. I didn't realize that there wouldn't have been a Napoleon... I can work around that, but was basing this off the fact that Napoleon III didn't lose power in 1870 after the Franco-Prussian war.

Also... added in edits for you, based on observations from a friend if that's ok.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:57 pm

NewLakotah wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Accepted, with the mention that you won't have Normandy and that you might have to slightly adapt your history depending on what the others are all about (the 2nd Empire implies Napoleon, and he wasn't discussed yet)

Right, sans Normandie. I didn't realize that there wouldn't have been a Napoleon... I can work around that, but was basing this off the fact that Napoleon III didn't lose power in 1870 after the Franco-Prussian war.

Also... added in edits for you, based on observations from a friend if that's ok.

Not that there hasn't been a Napoleon, it's just that the Napoleonic Wars are a pretty big continental event, and they weren't discussed it. So you should assume the existence of changes in the history of these wars when compared to real life, due to what weird nations we have.

I mean, you have a French England to your north, a potentially historically bigger Prussia to the east, a Visigothic Iberia to the south, Romans, Vandals, stuff like that.

Oh, and Corsica is West Roman/Italian.

So you need to make it so that somehow Napoleon would get to France.
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:09 pm

tbh should just make it a surviving Kingdom of Soissons

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:12 pm

Reservation

Nation Name: The Great Joseon Empire
Territory: Somehow this maritime empire is based entirely in North America
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:13 pm

Caltarania wrote:tbh should just make it a surviving Kingdom of Soissons

Well, on the one hand, I really like ideas using the Kingdom of Soissons.

But we already have two Roman states :P

Grand Indochina
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Indochina » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Reservation

Nation Name : The Socialist Federation of Indochina.
Territory : Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos (whatever left of it) and the rest of Vietnam, with some Myanmese provinces (Kayah, Kayin, Mon, Tanintharyi, Yangon, Bago, Irawadi).
Last edited by Grand Indochina on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Heretics, heretics everywhere.”

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Caltarania wrote:tbh should just make it a surviving Kingdom of Soissons

Well, on the one hand, I really like ideas using the Kingdom of Soissons.

But we already have two Roman states :P

continue the trend ; ' )

if we use the tone of 1800s americans, there is three roman states, as the iroquois are the romans of the western world :P

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Intermountain States wrote:
Reservation

Nation Name: The Great Joseon Empire
Territory: Somehow this maritime empire is based entirely in North America

Accepted!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse