NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:04 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
Sterkistan wrote:Roger dodger.
I was honestly just thinking about doing the standard kind of "they know each other from work" kind of thing but where's the fun in that am I right?

If you've got anything you want to have regarding their past put in then shoot some ideas and we'll figure it out.

Well, maybe, they had a relationship but he wanted to move to Bludhaven and she didn't and they broke up. And maybe since, apparently, this is the first time he's shown his face in forever, it's understandable that she might be a little icy to him?

Yeah that sounds good. Nothing too intricate but it throws a wet towel into the mix.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Tamrida wrote:

To be fair, when the cover for one of the comics is literally this, you can't really just "know each other from work" :p

I never said that. :blink: I just said that my character is too smart to make smaller thoughts to put into Atom's tiny brain.

Well then he can't be the Atom any more. He would basically become some kind of "Ant-man".

1) Haven't you ever heard of crimefighters with benefits.

2) Uh-huh, yeah, whatever. :P

3) Ant-man/ Atom. He's a shrinking hero whose name starts with 'A', everything else is just details, details, details.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:3) Ant-man/ Atom. He's a shrinking hero whose name starts with 'A', everything else is just details, details, details.

Details: A villain who can steal powers if they learn all of the intricate details of its usage.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 pm

Auphelia wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Okay, size of an ant except in the lab and all the other weaknesses. ACCEPTED! WELCOME ABOARD! :)

You say welcome aboard. Is this a ship? Like the Titanic?

Wait a minute!

Welcome Aboard? The ICEBURG Lounge? Mr. Freeze is not a player character? This all points to only the worst possible outcome!

The admins are secretly recruiting us into a Titanic worshiping cult where we will eventually build the Titanic II: Iceburg Boogaloo and purposefully go out of our way to sink it to appease the evil diety of Leonardo DiCaprio!

I gotta get out of here!

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Auphelia wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Okay, size of an ant except in the lab and all the other weaknesses. ACCEPTED! WELCOME ABOARD! :)

Iunno. Maybe Ruth should be playing the Unsinkable Molly Brown and not Queen Gertrude. :p

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:10 pm

Auphelia wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:3) Ant-man/ Atom. He's a shrinking hero whose name starts with 'A', everything else is just details, details, details.

Details: A villain who can steal powers if they learn all of the intricate details of its usage.

I LOVE THAT!!! THAT IS SO ORIGINAL!!! :D

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:11 pm

Tamrida wrote:
Auphelia wrote:

Wait a minute!

Welcome Aboard? The ICEBURG Lounge? Mr. Freeze is not a player character? This all points to only the worst possible outcome!

The admins are secretly recruiting us into a Titanic worshiping cult where we will eventually build the Titanic II: Iceburg Boogaloo and purposefully go out of our way to sink it to appease the evil diety of Leonardo DiCaprio!

I gotta get out of here!

(Spoiler Alert- Jack's frozen body is in that cherrywood case. :o )

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Tamrida wrote:Wait a minute!

I gotta get out of here!

(Spoiler Alert- Jack's frozen body is in that cherrywood case. :o )

And that Cherrywood case is the size of a NECKLESS case. Which would fit the neckless in the movie!

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Tamrida wrote:And that Cherrywood case is the size of a NECKLESS case. Which would fit the neckless in the movie!

Good one! On a totally unrelated note- does anyone wanna play Aquaman? :p

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:17 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Good one! On a totally unrelated note- does anyone wanna play Aquaman? :p

What would he be doing? Or just as a general character to play?

On another note, do you have minor character applications, for background people we want to introduce?
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:18 pm

Sterkistan wrote:Yeah that sounds good. Nothing too intricate but it throws a wet towel into the mix.

Thanks! Yeah, I don't like to make things overly complicated, unlike some people >>>>>Tamrida. :lol:

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:27 pm

Auphelia wrote:
United States of Brainy wrote:Good one! On a totally unrelated note- does anyone wanna play Aquaman? :p

What would he be doing? Or just as a general character to play?

On another note, do you have minor character applications, for background people we want to introduce?

No, I just brought up Aquaman because we were talking about The Heart of the Ocean. I was just kidding...or was I? :meh:

And no, no minor character apps. As long as they're a non-powered civilian, not a hero or villain, no app is required. If you feel doing an app would help the other players, feel free. Doesn't have to be long or fancy. But as a rule, minor non-powered civilian characters, no app required.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:28 pm

Sterkistan wrote:Yeah that sounds good. Nothing too intricate but it throws a wet towel into the mix.

Thanks! Yeah, I don't like to make things overly complicated, unlike some people >>>>>Tamrida. :lol:

But overly complex characters are the spice of life.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Tamrida wrote:But overly complex characters are the spice of life.

Spicy food gives me indigestion.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:32 pm

And no, no minor character apps. As long as they're a non-powered civilian, not a hero or villain, no app is required. If you feel doing an app would help the other players, feel free. Doesn't have to be long or fancy. But as a rule, minor non-powered civilian characters, no app required.

I was thinking of The Queen trying to put together her Court.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

SC #307

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Auphelia wrote:
I was thinking of The Queen trying to put together her Court.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oy vey. :roll:

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:40 pm

Well, a bunch of mindless yes-animals are no fun. She needs actual people to lord over.

:twisted:

My Hopeful Roster:

The Countess - I will turn Sydney to the Dark Side!!!! If I can figure out how to do that. :?

The Knight - I will turn Mary to the Dark Side!!!! Or maybe it would be more of a dynamic storyline if she and Sydney had a falling out because Mary is jealous of Sydney's new powers and becomes an acolyte of Batgirl.

The High Priest - Some sort of light based or healing power?

The Baron - ???

The Magistrate - ???

But really, who knows! :lol:

SC #307

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:42 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Well, a bunch of mindless yes-animals are no fun. She needs actual people to lord over.

My Hopeful Roster:

The Countess - I will turn Sydney to the Dark Side!!!! If I can figure out how to do that. :?

The Knight - I will turn Mary to the Dark Side!!!! Or maybe it would be more of a dynamic storyline if she and Sydney had a falling out because Mary is jealous of Sydney's new powers and becomes an acolyte of Batgirl.

The Baron - ???

The Magistrate - ???

No, no acolytes please. Babs doesn't need a kid sidekick falling her around, sheesh.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Auphelia wrote:

My Hopeful Roster:

The Baron - ???

The Magistrate - ???

If you ever need a court doctor, you know who to call. ;)

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:45 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:No, no acolytes please. Babs doesn't need a kid sidekick falling her around, sheesh.

Still, what do you think of the general idea? The Queen's Court?

SC #307

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:46 pm

Auphelia wrote:

My Hopeful Roster:

The Baron - ???

The Magistrate - ???

No, no acolytes please. Babs doesn't need a kid sidekick falling her around, sheesh.

*Cough* Batgirl and the Birds of Prey *Cough*

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Ohhh...there's White Seraph. He has light powers! If the Queen could turn him, that would be a real coup! ;)
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:51 pm

Tamrida wrote:*Cough* Batgirl and the Birds of Prey *Cough*

*Cough* Experienced, battle-hardened adult heroines, not angsty, hormonal young people *Cough*

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:54 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:Ohhh...there's White Seraph. He has light powers! If the Queen could turn him, that would be a real coup! ;)

I don't want to turn someone who is already a hero, because then I can't trust them to be as ruthless as needed.

What I need is to send out a recruitment message for people with decent powers or tech who don't care about being in charge. Or perhaps Arkham needs to be liberated.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

SC #307

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Tamrida wrote:*Cough* Batgirl and the Birds of Prey *Cough*

*Cough* Experienced, battle-hardened adult heroines, not angsty, hormonal young people *Cough*

*Cough* Still basically sidekicks *Cough*

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse