NATION

PASSWORD

US immigration breaking up families

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Should illegal families be separated

Yes
30%
No
62%
Not Sure
7%

Total votes : 407

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

US immigration breaking up families

Postby Rio Cana » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:14 pm

On local tv and on US news they have been talking about the outrage being cause by a US immigration rule being put into affect which is separating kids from there adult parents who have entered the US illegally. They say nothing in the law says families have to be separated. So thousands of kids, yes including babies, have been separated from there parents. Many of the kids have been separated thousands of miles from there parents. Chances are some of the kids will be lost in the system. Some news sources have talked about human trafficking about the possibility of human trafficking.

The government spokesman says its the law which some say is a lame excuse. News sources say this action is a ploy to try to force congress to give money for that border wall. So what do you think. It seems that is what is being done. The government wants congress to give the money for the wall and then they will stop separating families.

On our local tv they recommended that people from our island (who are American citizens but look Latin) should carry there passaports if visiting the US. :o They also mentioned because of what is happening that the US cannot criticize other nations for doing the same thing.

In a poll, 67% of US citizens are against this separating families. 23% are for it. Three former first ladies and the current first lady said that they do not support the separating of kids from families.

Chances are this could curtail illegal families from going into the US. It will also cause Russia/China/EU. to gain more friends in Latin America.
Last edited by Rio Cana on Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:17 pm

In addition to being assholes, the Donnie Administration is shooting itself in the foot as the children separated from their families count as unaccompanied minors and thus have to be admitted.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

Trumptonium1
Senator

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:34 pm

Good stuff.

Shame for the kids but they can blame the US constitution for that when they grow up, for somehow making them American by being born on a certain side of the border. Any civilised country would deport all of them, although I presume the parents still have a degree of autonomy over what happens with their child (?)
Last edited by Trumptonium1 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Preferred pronouns: His Majesty/Your Highness

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/
Resident Non-Pumpkin Character

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Trumptonium1 wrote:Good stuff.

Separating famalies is good now?
Dang, how morality has fallen.
Trumptonium1 wrote:Any civilised country would deport all of them

A country doing something you don't agree with doesn't make said country uncivilized.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Trumptonium1
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:39 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:Good stuff.

Separating famalies is good now?
Dang, how morality has fallen.

Nah, they should be deported altogether. But the US constitution is uniquely retarded in general.

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:Any civilised country would deport all of them

A country doing something you don't agree with doesn't make said country uncivilized.

I beg to differ.

The Remote Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Remote Islands » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Trumptonium1 wrote:Nah, they should be deported altogether. But the US constitution is uniquely retarded in general.

...then why are you defending the policy that needlessly traumatizes migrant children?
Groucho Marxist. Long live the Islands, except when they don't.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Usually when I do a hit of acid or coke, I avoid NS. But you didn't. Shows a lot of balls. I like that.

You Gotta Be Kidding
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby You Gotta Be Kidding » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:44 pm

I say no, but in the sense that the whole family is illegal and should go.
It is not US policy breaking a family, but the actions of said family.
Of course, you have to properly interpret the 14th Amendment for this to make sense.
I welcome you to read the dissertation of the senator who authored it for clarity.
The thoughts and comments of the above poster are their own and do not reflect the views of progressive authoritarians.

Trumptonium1
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Rio Cana wrote:In a poll, 67% of US citizens are against this separating families. 23% are for it. Three former first ladies and the current first lady said that they do not support the separating of kids from families.

Quinnipiac are Dem-leaning and gave Hillary a 10 point lead in August 2016 when most were tying them and UPI gave it to Trump by 1 point and YouGov to Clinton by 3 points (the final result)

In other news, Gallup now records Trump's approval ratings at 45%, which is the highest in his presidency. This is in full public knowledge of the expanding 'family separation outrage'
https://news.gallup.com/poll/203207/tru ... eekly.aspx

So obviously either people don't care about it, or support it when the question is asked differently (i.e. do you approve of Donald Trump's immigration policy). Also Republicans majority support it and that's his only duty.
Last edited by Trumptonium1 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trumptonium1
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:46 pm

The Remote Islands wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:Nah, they should be deported altogether. But the US constitution is uniquely retarded in general.

...then why are you defending the policy that needlessly traumatizes migrant children?

Because the other option (letting everyone stay) is shittier.

I support letting parents take their children with them, if that isn't the default position already. Which, given US bureaucracy, it probably isn't.

Firaxin
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Firaxin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:49 pm

It was their parents’ choice illegally enter the nation, and now they must deal with consequences. Those born in America are American and should be given the choice to stay if they wish or go with their family.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Trumptonium1 wrote:

I support letting parents take their children with them, if that isn't the default position already. Which, given US bureaucracy, it probably isn't.

... Are you aware of what the hell is happening? I mean, really?
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

The Remote Islands
Diplomat

Postby The Remote Islands » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:50 pm

It wouldn't be 'shittier' in the sense that it would traumatize them. Because it wouldn't traumatize them. Hell, it isn't even a binary option, either!

There's also 1,500 of the kids straight up missing, last I heard. I wouldn't jump to claims of murder, but the fact that 1,500 fell through the cracks to begin with is still really, really, fucked up.
Last edited by The Remote Islands on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Usually when I do a hit of acid or coke, I avoid NS. But you didn't. Shows a lot of balls. I like that.

Hakons
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:53 pm

It's a moral shame. If we're going to detain asylum seekers and illegal immigrants, they must be detained as family units.

Sessions tried to justify the policy by citing a verse in Romans that says to obey the law. He subsequently got blasted by pretty much every American religious authority, including by leadership in his own denomination.

Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. -Isaiah
“All elements of the national life must be made to drink in the Life which proceedeth from Him: legislation, political institutions, education, marriage and family life, capital and labour.” —Pope Leo XIII

Trumptonium1
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:53 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:

... Are you aware of what the hell is happening? I mean, really?

spare me the sanctimonious posts and leave your democrat bubble

Trumptonium1
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:56 pm

The Remote Islands wrote:It wouldn't be 'shittier' in the sense that it would traumatize them. Because it wouldn't traumatize them.

"will somebody please think of the children?"

it's only traumatising if you deliberately make it so

Hakons wrote:It's a moral shame. If we're going to detain asylum seekers and illegal immigrants, they must be detained as family units.

so you're advocating ignoring the constitution by deporting american citizens?

although i guess it depends whether we're talking about dhs separating kids at the border or ice separating kids from their parents during the deportation process
Last edited by Trumptonium1 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:57 pm

Trumptonium1 wrote:so you're advocating ignoring the constitution by deporting american citizens?

TIL throwing illegal immigrants in American Federal prisons is deporting them. Thanks for informing me! Sometimes I have trouble keeping up with these 'alternate facts'.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

The Remote Islands
Diplomat

Postby The Remote Islands » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:57 pm

Trumptonium1 wrote:
NERVUN wrote:... Are you aware of what the hell is happening? I mean, really?

bubble

Last edited by Farnhamia on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Spoilered spammy image

Hakons
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Trumptonium1 wrote:
The Remote Islands wrote:It wouldn't be 'shittier' in the sense that it would traumatize them. Because it wouldn't traumatize them.

"will somebody please think of the children?"

it's only traumatising if you deliberately make it so

Hakons wrote:It's a moral shame. If we're going to detain asylum seekers and illegal immigrants, they must be detained as family units.

so you're advocating ignoring the constitution by deporting american citizens?

although i guess it depends whether we're talking about dhs separating kids at the border or ice separating kids from their parents during the deportation process

Um... no?

We're talking about asylum seekers, though I would prefer we not deport parents and children, for the same Christian reasons.
“All elements of the national life must be made to drink in the Life which proceedeth from Him: legislation, political institutions, education, marriage and family life, capital and labour.” —Pope Leo XIII

Trumptonium1
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:03 pm

Hakons wrote:We're talking about asylum seekers,

seeking asylum from what?

Hakons wrote: though I would prefer we not deport parents and children, for the same Christian reasons.

the US is a secular country

Hakons
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Trumptonium1 wrote:
Hakons wrote:We're talking about asylum seekers,

seeking asylum from what?

Hakons wrote: though I would prefer we not deport parents and children, for the same Christian reasons.

the US is a secular country

Asylum from cartel violence, usually. It could also be economic, or they merely want to enter the city on the hill and enjoy the fruit of liberty and a free government. Our current policy unfortunately invalidates the last reason.

I'll rap all my arguments in secular reasoning, but the base for most of my positions starts with Christianity. My cause is theocracy. ;)

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Trumptonium1 wrote:
NERVUN wrote:... Are you aware of what the hell is happening? I mean, really?

So you in fact DON'T actually know what's going on?

Not surprised.

And I live in a democrat bubble?

Dude...

Yeah.

Well, I suppose the LDP DOES have democrat in its name... kinda. But I can't imagine anyone ignorant enough to claim that Japan is in anyway shape or form a place that is within a US Democrat bubble.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Trumptonium1
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:12 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:

So you in fact DON'T actually know what's going on?

no sorry i don't have equal access to nippon tv to be aware of the intricacies

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:14 pm

Trumptonium1 wrote:no sorry i don't have equal access to nippon tv to be aware of the intricacies

... what?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Trumptonium1
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:16 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:no sorry i don't have equal access to nippon tv to be aware of the intricacies

... what?

i have no idea nervun is talking about himself again and bringing japan into every conversation, like talking to a german. somehow conflating the party with the bubble
Last edited by Trumptonium1 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:18 pm

Trumptonium1 wrote:

bubble

*** Warned for spam. ***
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General