NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:00 am

Nuridia wrote:Is there anything you guys want me to do now?

Alexis is currently interacting with the Princess you made.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:23 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Charlia wrote:In case I disappear without warning for a while, chances are that it's because my computer actually kicked the bucket, and the new one hasn't come yet.

It should be here in five days tops, but now that this one has finally decided to give up the ghost, it seems to be determined to go the full nine yards with it.

And this is me adding that if that does happen, I expect good behavior from everyone while I'm gone, because I will still read through each and every post.

Five days? A lot of trouble can be caused in five days...
Yes, well, I'm doing my level best to keep this old thing from physically falling apart in front of me before my new one arrives, but unfortunately I have no way of guaranteeing that it will.

And since the mail has been weird for us lately, it's possible that the new computer won't even come when it's supposed to. (It had better come when it's supposed to. I've got work to do, and I need a computer to do it on.)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:29 am

Well, morning update...

It is currently 11:30AM EST, and we are on our way back to the airport from the Holiday in where we spent the night, making it, so far a 28 hours of travel just to get to our flight to London which won't leave until sometime after 10 PM EST. So I am stuck in the airport for an extra 11 hours at least, and that is "fun". What is even better is that we are not guaranteed to get on this flight even though they claim that we "definately" have tickes set up this time.
Last edited by Tamrida on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Been out all day, y'all. Preparing for a big occasion so my post would be late at night today.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Kollin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:30 am

Tamrida wrote:Well, morning update...

It is currently 11:30AM EST, and we are on our way back to the airport from the Holiday in where we spent the night, making it, so far a 28 hours of travel just to get to our flight to London which won't leave until sometime after 10 PM EST. So I am stuck in the airport for an extra 11 hours at least, and that is "fun". What is even better is that we are not guaranteed to get on this flight even though they claim that we "definately" have tickes set up this time.

Honestly i'd take your problems over mine anyday. I'll be homeless in 5 days :P

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:19 pm

FINALLY posted guys.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:03 pm

Now that's the longest post I've made in a while.

I'll answer to the rest of the interactions tomorrow xD
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:09 pm

Nuridia wrote:FINALLY posted guys.

Quite nice.

You are fine with anything I do to whisk her away to the manor in one single post?
Tracian Empire wrote:Now that's the longest post I've made in a while.

How about TGs? Even though Nuridia may have posted, I am still stuck without your approval.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:05 am

I'll likely have my second character done sometime this weekend so I have a backup option while waiting on others to post. Lawful good this time to counterbalance the edge of my first....probably.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:31 am

Imperial--japan wrote:I'll likely have my second character done sometime this weekend so I have a backup option while waiting on others to post. Lawful good this time to counterbalance the edge of my first....probably.

Totally sorry for not posting as promised.

I keep trying to fit everything I need to adress into one post and when one section is stuck I get stuck with the whole thing....

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:46 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Nuridia wrote:FINALLY posted guys.

Quite nice.

You are fine with anything I do to whisk her away to the manor in one single post?
Tracian Empire wrote:Now that's the longest post I've made in a while.

How about TGs? Even though Nuridia may have posted, I am still stuck without your approval.

Yeah, I’m fine with it. Just don’t seriously injure her and we’ll be good.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 pm

Character Application

Name: Prof. Morgan the Mad
Sexual Orientation: What's the Latin word for Mysteries? Because it's That-osexual
Race: Human, but Several Hemodiviners have Claimed there's a Little More Loroi in There than the Average Human
Appearance: Image

Position/Status/Affiliation: A completely 'Loyal' Vassal of the Despot of Xerena, to a Fault. Other than That, Morgan is an Ordained and Registered Magister of the Xerenian Local Garrison, a Position that Implies Command as well as a Firm Grasp of Magick. Essentially, he's been Declared a Reserve Commander of the Acropolis of Rexymno on the Island of Quretia (To the East of Xerena, South of the Blight, Southwest of Yazgiria, and Directly West of the Shadow). This Position is Only Implemented in Times of True Crisis; meanwhile, Morgan's True Profession is that of a Tenured Professor of General History, Classical Loroi, Thyrian, and Achisian Literature, Magical History, and Magical Theory, with a Research Focus on the Blight, the Shadow, and the Calamity at the Xerenian National University of Magical Knowledge.
Skills/Powers/Magic: While not able to effectively demonstrate his physical skills while working as a professor, there is indeed a reason for him being declared a Magister, even if he is only a reserve commander. Morgan is proficient in the use of several melee weapons, including the rapier, the lance, the spear, the broadsword, the longsword, and several varieties of shortsword. Daggers and knives seem to be his favorite way of defending himself in a non-martial situation, due to their ability to be easily hidden and their speed. Students who learn of their professor's supposed skill with smaller blades typically get it in their heads that they have a chance at beating the man in a knife throwing contest in order to get their grades up. Morgan has a limit of accepting only one of these duels during the school year. So far, no student has passed his class with this tactic. Meaning, no one has ever won against him. Morgan is also rather proficient in commanding men as well as playing games that have their basis in tactical or strategical theory. Morgan also has a near perfect memory. While not able to remember entire books word for word, he can memorize portions word for word and summarize the rest. This helps with his chanting abilities as well as shortening abilities. Magic-wise, no one has seen the magister use anything more powerful than basic utility spells, some low-level healing, and force spells similar to telekinesis of varying strengths. Most students think that, due to this lack of evidence of magical ability, Morgan is either incredibly weak mana wise and is only suitable to theoretical magic... or he's a secret practitioner of heavily forbidden kinds of Black Arts. None have been able to prove this so far.
Equipment: Along with the typical outfit of a Xerenian Professor (being a set of well-made brown pants, a white tunic, a black sash with accenting colors depending on the rank of professor, black boots with silver highlights, and a black robe highlighted with a color depending on the primary area of study. Morgan's sash has highlights of cold, purple, and light blue, signifying his position as a well-respected junior professor with tenure. Meanwhile, his robe is highlighted with a dark color of yellow similar to gold due to his focus in Magical Theory.), Morgan has an entire set of black light armor, enchanted by a colleague of his to be lighter than average, effectively allowing the magister to move around as if he was wearing clothe. Along with that armor, he owns another robe enchanted with light elemental resistance. It takes prolonged exposure to fire to burn it, it acts like a fur coat against the cold, lightning will be absorbed up to a certain point, water will not seep into it, but air can just rip it off, if strong enough. Morgan also owns a curved sword of bright Sedian steel, whose only property is being stronger than the average steel and particularly effective against the undead. As a pair with the sword, there is a ebony staff carved with Thyrian. It can be used to activate several prepared spells, those carved into the wood, if enough mana is poured into it. In his rooms at the Campus, Morgan has an extensive library of books mostly focused on everything to do with the Shadow, the Blight, the Calamity, or Old Thyria. All throughout the apartment, the tools for magical study and action can be found, ranging from alchemical reagents to astronomical equipment. There are also a few trophies and knick knacks he has picked up, among them a supposedly inert wyvern's egg given to him by an old acquaintance. In the stables of the Campus, Morgan's gray stallion Gravis stays, taken out every afternoon to run martial drills for exercise.

Personality: There is a reason the students, and most of the faculty, call Morgan 'the Mad Professor' behind his back. The man is completely, utterly, irrevocably obsessed with the major mysteries of magic that still plague the world. If anyone even whispers the beginning of the words the Blight, the Shadow, or the Calamity, Morgan will immediately burst into the conversation, sometimes as if fading into existence like a specter, and literally go on for hours about what he knows and demanding to know what his 'fellow researchers' may know. He can be found awake into the wee hours of the night pouring over his tomes, looking toward both his obsessions with a telescope, and muttering to himself while scribbling... something into the many blank tomes he keeps. He will take any chance he can get to bring up his favorite subject in conversation. Thankfully, though, this isn't the man's only setting. While teaching a class, Morgan can exude almost the same passion about whatever subject he may be teaching as when he is speaking in length about his... mental fetishes. Students, when approaching their professor socially or professionally about any subject other than the Mysteries, they find a calm, collected, and rather humorous professor around their own age. Despite his reserved initial attitude and predilection to passionate, obsessed outbursts, Morgan has a few very good friends on the island of Quretia, among the students, faculty, guards, and civilians. Not to mention a few distant ones on the mainland that maintain contact.
Moral Alignment: You know, I keep thinking about this system and my distaste for it. To be completely honest with you people, I have no clue why I hate it. Some strange conception about it restricting the roleplay in an actual tabletop session. But, now that I look back with a mind completely devoid of self-worth or arrogance or consideration that my own opinions may actually be valid, I have discovered that it is a cube with its uses. A cube with its uses and a mighty versatile cube at that. It would seem that a three-by-three chart does describe the moral standings of fictional characters in a simplistic way. Does this realization that Chaotic, Neutral, Lawful, Good, and Evil all work as valid descriptors mean that I will now be giving an actual answer to this section when it appears on apps? Absolutely fucking not.
Biography: Six years ago, a year after the end of the Great War, a young man stepped off of a boat with only the ragged clothes on his back, one heavy looking trunk, and an exquisite staff that marked him as a mage. This man was Morgan, an immigrant to Xerena with all the proper paperwork necessary to prove his blood oath to the Despot and a determination to find work at the University. Almost immediately, the rumor mill of Rexymno was abuzz, seemingly before Morgan's feet had even left the dock. Already he was being called an Achisian runaway or some sort of horrid displaced refugee there to steal the very few jobs left on the island, let alone in the city. Besides the sailors from the boat that brought the young mage there, he was greeted with not one friendly face and an overwhelming amount of the opposite.

Inns were surprisingly full despite Morgan being the first visitor to the island in months. Stables couldn't handle one man sleeping on a pile of hay. Families would not allow a man on their stoop for more than a minute, let alone asleep on the couch for the night. These Xerenians were suspicious, cruel, and entirely just in their reaction. The only thing Morgan could do in response was smile, apologize for taking their time, and move on to his next option. A night on the street wasn't a bad idea, if it wasn't for the patrols of guards he was sure would find him in the night, either dead or alive... and Morgan couldn't figure out which state would be worse for him. He had all but accepted his fate as the next murder victim or police brutality victim when one family, who seemed to be refugees from the war themselves, decided to take pity on the poor young man. They let him sleep in their stable out back, the wife of the household bringing him a loaf of bread and a light stew for a meal while the children insisted on throwing as many questions at the stranger as possible. They had soon determined, between bites of food, that Morgan was a young Calarian mage, with several degrees from the Calarian Academy of Magic, moving here to join the esteemed faculty of Xerena's University. Of course, they wanted proof that this incredibly young man was such an accomplished mage! Proof they got, as they soon realized that the trunk they had been using as a bench was, and had been for several minutes, floating in the air.

The next morning, after a stale loaf to break his fast that was all the family could provide and a traveler's bath in a nearby water trough, the young professor-to-be made his way to the prestigious campus that was his destination. He had an appointment to keep and if there was one thing he learned from his mother, it was that a mage was never late, no matter the nature of the date. Entering the campus took some arguing, as he certainly did not look like a prospective member of the faculty to the guards, but after the showing of some paperwork signed by a governor on the mainland, Morgan was let inside. What followed was a several hour long interview with, but not limited to, the Dean of Faculty, the Dean of History, the Dean of Literature, the Dean of Magical Theory, the Assistant to the Head Dean, the Head Dean Himself, and then the Dean of Housing. By the end of the day, poor Morgan just assumed that every person he met in a robe was a dean and made two young sorceresses days when he accidentally addressed them as the Deans of Great Hair and Beautiful Eyes respectively.

And so, Professor Morgan the Mad became a permanent fixture at the Xerenian National University of Magical Knowledge, as well as the secret heartthrob of determined students all over campus.
Goals: Discover the source of the Blight, the cause of the Shadow, and what exactly happened to the Thyrian Empire.
Theme Song: Black Lily by Ken Ashcorp

RP Sample: Every time I see one of these and I know I could get away with some crazy shite, I always want to pull a Dough. You know, write some incredibly retarded and horribly written paragraph about 'steven the ninja who got all the kitties and girlies he wanted' or 'how jessica killed thanos and made everything aboot the ening of avungiers bettur' or something. But then I look myself in a mirror, take in the sight of the depressed, exhausted, and actual fuck-giving college kid looking back at me... and just put some stupid ass little joke in the end about the futility of knowing someone. Because fuck it, fake edge about the unknowable nature of the human soul is so much easier than making a paragraph of badly written yet brilliantly planned bullshit that ends up being a funny and endearing story that makes whatever random asshole on the internet reading this right now remember me... Especially you, Agent Jordan. I know you and your FBI buddies keep laughing about me when you gather around the watercooler! Well... stop it! ... Please?
Did you read the Rules?: I mean, obviously! I totally did! I mean, how could I function on this site if I was illiterate!? Hahahah! ... hah
Miscellaneous: I luv u Tracey
#KBE7TY2IEV
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:24 pm

That's so long, Free. It will take Trace forever to read it and he still hasn't given me a post. Why are you doing this to me? *cries*

...his face reminds me of something. I'm not sure what, but it makes me happy.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:11 am

Charlia wrote:That's so long, Free. It will take Trace forever to read it and he still hasn't given me a post. Why are you doing this to me? *cries*

I was just hoping that it was so long, Trace wouldn’t read it and just accept it.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:10 am

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Charlia wrote:That's so long, Free. It will take Trace forever to read it and he still hasn't given me a post. Why are you doing this to me? *cries*

I was just hoping that it was so long, Trace wouldn’t read it and just accept it.

Sneaky.

But the Gavel of Justice is in the corner tapping itself disapprovingly.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:30 am

Charlia wrote:

Sneaky.

Justice is for wimps.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:49 am

Charlia wrote:...

Sneaky.

Justice is for wimps.
Well, there are certainly people who would agree with that implication.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:19 am

Post Charlia?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Post Charlia?
I was waiting for Trace.

He should post today. Maybe. I hope.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:52 pm

I will produce IC tonight as well for everyone I had something to do with, I swear!
:meh:
On second though.... :D

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:11 pm

I think I covered everything. Someone tell me if I left something out.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Oooooh, how much am I allowed to do? :twisted:

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:35 am

Charlia wrote:Oooooh, how much am I allowed to do? :twisted:

Decide for yourself.
She will be joining us in our little adventure so she should still be in the condition yo walk, run, crawl and fight.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:39 am

Character Application

Name: Friederike Kriechgewürm
Sexual Orientation: Hetero because why not lol
Race: Looks mostly human. But looks can be deceiving, right?
Appearance: Like this but wearing a sort of hooded poncho and stuff to hide some parts of hers...like the additional extremities.

Position/Status/Affiliation: Anselmian street rat
Skills/Powers//Magic: -
Equipment: None other than the clothes she wears.

Personality: She actually kind of keeps to herself. Very quiet. Often heard speaking to herself when she thinks she is alone. She attempts to stay the fuck away from fire and electricity and also isn't too hot about coming close to large amounts of water. Very shy. Insecure as hell...but ready to do anything it takes to ensure her own survival, even if she has to go over corpses and bodies to do so.
Biography: -
Goals: Plain Survival
Theme Song:

RP Sample: Rumania is not Vampir. Szekely is.
Did you read the Rules?: Nincs
Miscellaneous:
#KBE7TY2IEV
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Trace please?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse