NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Repeal “Commend Evil Wolf”

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Very surprised upon seeing Evil Wolf's commendation badge. I don't know anything about the player except he's a raider from LWU. I took a few minutes to look at what he did to be commended. Despite the scandal that happened at Lazarus, I don't think there is a need to repeal it since the security council sets a precedent and you would need something very bad to overturn it.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Cosmopolitan borovan wrote:Very surprised upon seeing Evil Wolf's commendation badge. I don't know anything about the player except he's a raider from LWU. I took a few minutes to look at what he did to be commended. Despite the scandal that happened at Lazarus, I don't think there is a need to repeal it since the security council sets a precedent and you would need something very bad to overturn it.

Something very bad like overthrowing a massive democratic region and trying to turn it into a hub for your invader region?
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Killer Kitty » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:51 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Something very bad like overthrowing a massive democratic region and trying to turn it into a hub for your invader region?

And had that happened, you might have had a point.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Oh now that’s painful.

Got to 106 approvals. 1 away.

Anyway, if anyone wants the remains of this, they can, I’m not going through the circus of doing all the campaigning on such a controversial topic again.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:03 pm

Fauxia wrote:Oh now that’s painful.

Got to 106 approvals. 1 away.

Anyway, if anyone wants the remains of this, they can, I’m not going through the circus of doing all the campaigning on such a controversial topic again.

No hard feelings Fauxia, well fought.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Voting Ends: in seconds

Seconds ago: The Security Council proposal "Repeal "Commend Evil Wolf"" [The Cowboy Reject of Fauxia] failed to achieve quorum.

It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Naginii
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Naginii » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:52 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Wolf has contributed more to this game than the average commended individual by far, and while taking a badge away may be all that those who have been comprehensively defeated militarily can do, it only reveals their actual weakness. #sad #fakenews #mahajsanktheship #lwu>fendanation

Without the game's color, it's rogues, it's challenges, it's conflict providing competition, this game would be an echo chamber of one side of the geopolitical spectrum. Ask yourself this: if raiding, raiders and all that they do was so horrible and bad for the game — why is it not outlawed?

Simple answer: it would kill the game. Without conflict, there IS NO GAME. There is NO POINT to any of this, so Max permits it. Because the game needs it to survive, just like we need predators in Yellowstone leveling that ecosystem.

Let me drop a little Biomimicry 101 on your heads:

For over 100 years, people looked at Wolves as a horrible, murderous predator, a stain and an evil on the landscape that destroyed and made vile a beautiful landscape wherever they were found. So, the word went out and extinction was the order: wolves were systematically killed in every National Park. Persecuted because they were seen as a ruining the idyllic concept as nature as a zoo in their minds. Controlled, peaceful. Serene.

Human beings ruined the ecosystems through that action. Wanting a nature that was to their liking, rather than the way nature designed it to be to function and thrive, they endangered the parks. Ecosystems collapsed, populations of Coyote exploded, other species kept in control overran the landscape and destroyed plants, trees and grasses. Everything was out of balance. Those that killed the wolves because they saw them as a hated predator, failed to understand they were a critical piece of what made the ecosystems work — nothing is in isolation, everything is connected.

When Wolves were reintroduced, the ecosystems rebalanced.

You guys keep railing against raiders and everything they do, but without them, or players like them, this game would cease to be meaningful. There'd be no point to continue, because there'd be no challenge, nothing to fight. Nothing to set the narrative into a context. There would be imbalance.

Fendas need raiders. NS needs conflict. The ecosystem can't survive without it, and players like Evil Wolf are critical to the success as all the great and good defenders in TITO, Texas, etc. Conflict is what makes the world work – ideas grating up against others, freedoms tested and defended, world views affirmed or rejected, strife and peace co-existing.

So, sure, you all completely disagree with his gameplay. Fine. The FAQ says you don't have to, and he doesn't have to like yours. That said, his gameplay has given your efforts meaning, it provides tension in JenGuvLand, it keeps other regions and nations alert and active. It's provided a motivator for this prop, and continues to churn the anti-raider machine. What would you all do if his kind went away? What is lost when players like Evil Wolf leave the gamemap?

The world's ecosystem needs it's predators to survive and thrive. So does NS.

Fauxia
Senator

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:59 am

I’m only not responding to most of that because I don’t want to threadjack.

All I can say is, we have a special form of commendation for raiders called a condemnation.

Thanks. Since my work here is done, this can probably be locked. I don’t plan to work on it again, and I’ve given the project away.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:01 am

Naginii wrote:snippity

If you're referring to FP in small, sure. If you're referring to NS as a whole, :rofl:
Other note, no one has mentioned any opposition to EW having getting a replacement Condemnation, merely the keeping of a Commendation.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council