NATION

PASSWORD

The Azadistani - Munkchester War [OOC] [MT?] [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mandakhstan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mandakhstan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:52 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:
Old Beringia wrote:How exactly is this rp "Strictly realistic on the basis of MT" when there's a Mach 10 spacecraft that can be launched in a moment's notice flying around launching drones that penetrate hostile airspace undetected that can save someone being thrown into a volcano. I've been rolling with some of the other claims in the thread but that just seems way too out there even for NS MT.

It’s not in space and it doesn’t fly at Mach 10. Look closely and you will see the moon and you’ll see that it has launched a drone at Mach 10. It’s a high-altitude airship designed for launching spacecraft, and also designed to look like a spacecraft and designated as one mostly to terrify people. Speaking purely theoretically I think it could probably make it to space as it’s a partial pressure difference vacuum airship which enables anti-matter harvesting by coils from the atmosphere, but to be honest there’s no point as spaceflight is so expensive that it won’t.

As such it’s still 8000 km away from any railguns, protected by the atmosphere, not to mention Aestoria’s Arctic Flotilla, and it’s not in the path of any ballistic missiles, so I think the only defence it needs is the ignore can(n)on, but if I’m wrong please do correct me.

Munkchester, sorry, but I don’t like RPing by TG. If you send any peace offer ICly I’ll be happy to look at it.

Look, I appreciate the attempt at a Bussard ramjet, but that shit doesn't work in atmosphere. If it did, there would be firecrackers constantly going off everywhere as atoms of antimatter intersected with normal matter counterparts. This simply ignores basic science, and requires little advanced thought to figure out. The rest of the craft is highly suspect, especially in MT, but that particularly glaring issue both astonishes and amazes in equal measure.
Last edited by Mandakhstan on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azadistan-land of the free
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Azadistan-land of the free » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:54 pm

Neo is an OP

Veliki Koperativni Kombinat
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Veliki Koperativni Kombinat » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:54 pm

Do anticipate my reply to your post, 2ria.

Can I inquire as to if the aircraft you're sending have been flying from home or a base somewhere else?
⚜ - The Grand Cooperative Combine of Islamic Revolutionary and Renovationist States - ⚜
“Tvrđava Islama, Srce Bezrovca!”

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:54 pm

Azadistan-land of the free wrote:Neo is an OP

Thank you.
THE GRAND REPUBLIC OF MAHARLIKA

Sinkretichki Kombinat
Secretary

Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinkretichki Kombinat » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:57 pm

I'm not sure how you avoid entirely any effects of a 45 kiloton thermonuclear warhead detonating (even if not right in that thing) in a position rather close to it.
SINKRETIČKI KOMBINAT - "SINKOM"

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:59 pm

Hey y’all, just want to say I’m looking forward to all this. Seems like it could take an interesting turn. On another note, I didn’t see anything about a nuke...
Last edited by Rhinocera on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:00 am

Old Beringia wrote:How exactly is this rp "Strictly realistic on the basis of MT" when there's a Mach 10 spacecraft that can be launched in a moment's notice flying around launching drones that penetrate hostile airspace undetected that can save someone being thrown into a volcano. I've been rolling with some of the other claims in the thread but that just seems way too out there even for NS MT.

It’s not in space and it doesn’t fly at Mach 10. Look closely and you will see the moon and you’ll see that it has launched a drone at Mach 10. It’s a high-altitude airship designed for launching spacecraft, and also designed to look like a spacecraft and designated as one mostly to terrify people. Speaking purely theoretically I think it could probably make it to space as it’s a partial pressure difference vacuum airship which enables anti-matter harvesting by coils from the atmosphere, but to be honest there’s no point as spaceflight is so expensive that it won’t.

As such it’s still 8000 km away from any railguns, protected by the atmosphere, not to mention Aestoria’s Arctic Flotilla, and it’s not in the path of any ballistic missiles, so I think the only defence it needs is the ignore can(n)on, but if I’m wrong please do correct me.

Munkchester, sorry, but I don’t like RPing by TG. If you send any peace offer ICly I’ll be happy to look at it.

I'm sorry but what? I'm not sure that this is applicable in an MT setting.
THE GRAND REPUBLIC OF MAHARLIKA

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Veliki Koperativni Kombinat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:00 am

Rhinocera wrote:Hey y’all, just want to say I’m looking forward to all this. Seems like it could take an interesting turn. On another note, I didn’t see anything about a nuke...

It's in another Azadistan thread.
⚜ - The Grand Cooperative Combine of Islamic Revolutionary and Renovationist States - ⚜

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:02 am

Who got nuked, and who started it. MAD is never the best idea...

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Veliki Koperativni Kombinat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:02 am

Munkchester wrote:Unfortunately it would appear Ausitoria has blocked my telegrams after I sent him my terms for peace (any reason as to why?), so I'll put this here instead.

Please edit the OP, the Sultan's head is still on a spike on the Eastgate.

If the Sultan’s head is still on a spike in Eastgate, have you still sent a head filled with explosives to Azadistan? If not we need to recton that half of the IC because the police warning wouldn’t make any sense...?

The head full of explosives was a fake head according to Munkchester.

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Veliki Koperativni Kombinat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:03 am

Rhinocera wrote:Who got nuked, and who started it. MAD is never the best idea...

MAD seems like a great idea when your opponent is using 3km vacuum airships in an MT setting. Don't forget drones that can seemingly deploy anywhere in the world to save people falling into the caldera of a volcano.

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:06 am

You nuked L&A??? I saw the drone catch, no 3km airship though.Honestly, the drone catch just seemed like a way to counter some shoddy rping by a few people, resulting in a national leader getting tossed into a volcano. It’s plot armor, at least in my eyes.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:08 am

Mandakhstan wrote:Look, I appreciate the attempt at a Bussard ramjet, but that shit doesn't work in atmosphere. If it did, there would be firecrackers constantly going off everywhere as atoms of antimatter intersected with normal matter counterparts. This simply ignores basic science, and requires little advanced thought to figure out. The rest of the craft is highly suspect, especially in MT, but that particularly glaring issue both astonishes and amazes in equal measure.

I probably haven't described it properly. Read this and please let me know if you still think the same.

Veliki Koperativni Kombinat wrote:Do anticipate my reply to your post, 2ria.

Can I inquire as to if the aircraft you're sending have been flying from home or a base somewhere else?

They're amphibious, so they've flown from a submarine tanker.

Sinkretichki Kombinat wrote:I'm not sure how you avoid entirely any effects of a 45 kiloton thermonuclear warhead detonating (even if not right in that thing) in a position rather close to it.

Sorry, perhaps I should have been clearer. No nukes or everybody dies. Retcon/Ignore can(n)on to the rescue.

Veliki Koperativni Kombinat wrote:
Rhinocera wrote:Who got nuked, and who started it. MAD is never the best idea...

MAD seems like a great idea when your opponent is using 3km vacuum airships in an MT setting. Don't forget drones that can seemingly deploy anywhere in the world to save people falling into the caldera of a volcano.

They can't deploy anywhere in the world and they still take time. There's a limit to how much you can accelerate a drone.

Besides, perhaps I should restate one of the basic tenants of RP: you can't throw people's major characters into volcanoes (or to their deaths by any other methods) without their approval.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Mandakhstan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mandakhstan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:11 am

Rhinocera wrote:You nuked L&A??? I saw the drone catch, no 3km airship though.Honestly, the drone catch just seemed like a way to counter some shoddy rping by a few people, resulting in a national leader getting tossed into a volcano. It’s plot armor, at least in my eyes.

Okay Rando Calrissian, why raise issue if you're not even going to read the posts and context properly?

Mandakhstan wrote:Look, I appreciate the attempt at a Bussard ramjet, but that shit doesn't work in atmosphere. If it did, there would be firecrackers constantly going off everywhere as atoms of antimatter intersected with normal matter counterparts. This simply ignores basic science, and requires little advanced thought to figure out. The rest of the craft is highly suspect, especially in MT, but that particularly glaring issue both astonishes and amazes in equal measure.

I probably haven't described it properly. Read this and please let me know if you still think the same.

That specifies artificial generation of antimatter which is a net loss of generated energy due to entropy, and near planets rather than within their atmosphere, as your craft is. It's all on page six, right up at the top. Please read it and let me know if you still think the same.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:16 am

Mandakhstan wrote:Okay Rando Calrissian, why raise issue if you're not even going to read the posts and context properly?

Madakhstan, it's kinda busy. If you can't be polite the door is that way.

Mandakhstan wrote:That specifies artificial generation of antimatter which is a net loss of generated energy due to entropy, and near planets rather than within their atmosphere, as your craft is. It's all on page six, right up at the top. Please read it and let me know if you still think the same.

Try reading page 7, right at the top. It is known that cosmic rays generate antimatter and that such particles move a bit closer.

Neo: forgive me for phrasing it this way, but WTF is your country doing? There must be much less well defended and much less contested countries to invade. Why, I could list some, if you wanted particulars. There are already about three major parties involved and any more is really quite unrealistic.

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:19 am

Mandakhstan wrote:
Rhinocera wrote:You nuked L&A??? I saw the drone catch, no 3km airship though.Honestly, the drone catch just seemed like a way to counter some shoddy rping by a few people, resulting in a national leader getting tossed into a volcano. It’s plot armor, at least in my eyes.

Okay Rando Calrissian, why raise issue if you're not even going to read the posts and context properly?

That specifies artificial generation of antimatter which is a net loss of generated energy due to entropy, and near planets rather than within their atmosphere, as your craft is. It's all on page six, right up at the top. Please read it and let me know if you still think the same.

I’m not even in that thread, I gave it a cursory read through. Just curious, that’s all. And I feel like I’m not that far off with my assessment of what happened.

Country 1 = 1
Country 2 = 2
Country 3 = 3
1 - “We declare munchdekistan a terroristic nation”

2 - “come take shelter here”

1 -“ok, I do take shelter here”

2 - “your my prisoner, do this”

1 - “I refuse”

2 - “then we’re keeping you”

3 - “not if I have anything to do about it”

2 - (throws nation 1’s leader into active volcano)

3 - catches leader with drone

-

Mandakhstan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mandakhstan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:20 am

Mandakhstan wrote:That specifies artificial generation of antimatter which is a net loss of generated energy due to entropy, and near planets rather than within their atmosphere, as your craft is. It's all on page six, right up at the top. Please read it and let me know if you still think the same.

Try reading page 7, right at the top. It is known that cosmic rays generate antimatter and that such particles move a bit closer.

Earth has a magnetosphere preventing such formation from occurring within the atmosphere due to its dispersion of high frequency cosmic rays well outside of Earth's atmosphere. Your source states that such formations occur within the aforementioned magnetosphere, rather than the atmosphere proper. If it weren't so effective at doing that, the Earth would still be a dull grey rock, devoid of any life. Please at least try a form of propulsion which doesn't fly (heh) in the face of centuries of accurately measured and checked convention.
Last edited by Mandakhstan on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:23 am

Sinkretichki Kombinat wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Excuse me, but do you have to be part of the thread to comment on it?

If you are here not providing anything that helps the RP itself run and communicating something that could easily be done elsewhere that here holds little relevance to the RP, then yes.

Sorry for going back, but could you two please be more polite also? Try using words like "sorry" and "please" and "thank you". I know our nations may be at each other's throats but there's no need for things to get personal.

Veliki Koperativni Kombinat wrote:
If the Sultan’s head is still on a spike in Eastgate, have you still sent a head filled with explosives to Azadistan? If not we need to recton that half of the IC because the police warning wouldn’t make any sense...?

The head full of explosives was a fake head according to Munkchester.

Thanks for that clarification.

Mandakhstan wrote:

Earth has a magnetosphere preventing such formation from occurring within the atmosphere due to its dispersion of high frequency cosmic rays well outside of Earth's atmosphere. If it weren't so effective at that, the Earth would still be a dull grey rock, devoid of any life. Please at least try a form of propulsion which doesn't fly (heh) in the face of centuries of accurately measured and checked convention.

I never said the harvesting wasn't in space. Neither did I say the airship was on hand for it. I said (by my reckoning) the airship enabled it, which it does, by making space travel cheaper, by saving rockets from needing the first stage. One of the interesting corollaries of this is that it might enable antimatter harvesting at a reasonable price.

But anyway, much as this conversation is interesting, it's not relevant to the RP.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sinkretichki Kombinat
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinkretichki Kombinat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:24 am

Sinkretichki Kombinat wrote:I'm not sure how you avoid entirely any effects of a 45 kiloton thermonuclear warhead detonating (even if not right in that thing) in a position rather close to it.

Sorry, perhaps I should have been clearer. No nukes or everybody dies. Retcon/Ignore can(n)on to the rescue.

sure I'll concede to that for the purposes of being able to do other things planned

the presence of a delta-class was basically explicit in that post

Could you perhaps explain why that "shoddy rping" is by any means illegitimate as opposed to this plot armor as you have described yourself?

Mandakhstan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mandakhstan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:25 am

Sinkretichki Kombinat wrote:If you are here not providing anything that helps the RP itself run and communicating something that could easily be done elsewhere that here holds little relevance to the RP, then yes.

Sorry for going back, but could you two please be more polite also? Try using words like "sorry" and "please" and "thank you". I know our nations may be at each other's throats but there's no need for things to get personal.

Veliki Koperativni Kombinat wrote:The head full of explosives was a fake head according to Munkchester.

Thanks for that clarification.

Mandakhstan wrote:Earth has a magnetosphere preventing such formation from occurring within the atmosphere due to its dispersion of high frequency cosmic rays well outside of Earth's atmosphere. If it weren't so effective at that, the Earth would still be a dull grey rock, devoid of any life. Please at least try a form of propulsion which doesn't fly (heh) in the face of centuries of accurately measured and checked convention.

I never said the harvesting wasn't in space. Neither did I say the airship was on hand for it. I said the airship enabled it, which it does, by making space travel cheaper, by saving rockets from needing the first stage. One of the interesting corollaries of this is that it might enable antimatter harvesting at a reasonable price.

But anyway, much as this conversation is interesting, it's not relevant to the RP.

Not overly, but a big physics defying blimp which dodges nukes is.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:27 am

Sinkretichki Kombinat wrote:
Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Sorry, perhaps I should have been clearer. No nukes or everybody dies. Retcon/Ignore can(n)on to the rescue.

sure I'll concede to that for the purposes of being able to do other things planned

the presence of a delta-class was basically explicit in that post

Could you perhaps explain why that "shoddy rping" is by any means illegitimate as opposed to this plot armor as you have described yourself?

Oh, I know this one! Because if a first party lowers standards the second party may need to use the low standards to raise them again.

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:29 am

I never said that the plot armor wasn’t shoddy rping (no offense L&A), just that it looked like plot armor. L&A and I have been rping since I started Rping on NS, but plot armor is plot armor. The catching mitt drone is a ridiculous response to an equally ridiculous series of posts.

Sinkretichki Kombinat
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinkretichki Kombinat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:30 am

Which is ridiculous in what fashion?

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:32 am

Rhinocera wrote:I never said that the plot armor wasn’t shoddy rping (no offense L&A), just that it looked like plot armor. L&A and I have been rping since I started Rping on NS, but plot armor is plot armor. The catching mitt drone is a ridiculous response to an equally ridiculous series of posts.

Actually I think it's only stretching the boundaries. This morning I ran the calculation and it would need an acceleration of about 150 g over 3 km to get it to Mach 10. That's a lot, but it might be possible for a small enough drone.

I mean, we could retcon it, but if we do we're going to need to think of another IC way to avoid having someone's major character thrown into a volcano without their OOC permission...?

Mandakhstan wrote:
Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:I never said the harvesting wasn't in space. Neither did I say the airship was on hand for it. I said the airship enabled it, which it does, by making space travel cheaper, by saving rockets from needing the first stage. One of the interesting corollaries of this is that it might enable antimatter harvesting at a reasonable price.

Not overly, but a big physics defying blimp which dodges nukes is.

Airships do not defy physics and if you don't like it the door is that way.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sinkretichki Kombinat
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinkretichki Kombinat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:33 am

Rhinocera wrote:I never said that the plot armor wasn’t shoddy rping (no offense L&A), just that it looked like plot armor. L&A and I have been rping since I started Rping on NS, but plot armor is plot armor. The catching mitt drone is a ridiculous response to an equally ridiculous series of posts.

Actually I think it's only stretching the boundaries. This morning I ran the calculation and it would need an acceleration of about 150 g over 3 km to get it to Mach 10. That's a lot, but it might be possible.

I mean, we could retcon it, but if we do we're going to need to think of another IC way to avoid having someone's major character thrown into a volcano without their OOC permission...?

The exchange between VKK and Azadistan was in fact proceeding voluntarily until you barged in with the metagaming-leaning communication about nanoparticles.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents