NATION

PASSWORD

GREY: A Story Of Heroes And Villains [OOC | Academy/Action]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:58 am

Grenartia wrote:
Forest State wrote:I'm going to say you have to reduce the radius to six yards.

Accepted.

You need to cut the abilities down a bunch and focus on a more specific skillset.

Its already pretty specific. Most of it is just detailing the few abilities (all pretty closely related), including limitations.

I get that they're related, you still have more elements to your abilities than anyone else does at this point.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:10 am

What do you all want for the next time skip?

It's not happening yet, but when it does, we can move to classes or we can jump straight into the Casper Hatton plot. The skip will be longer in the event that the latter happens.
don't tread on me

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:26 pm

Forest State wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Its already pretty specific. Most of it is just detailing the few abilities (all pretty closely related), including limitations.

I get that they're related, you still have more elements to your abilities than anyone else does at this point.

What do you think I should take out?
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:20 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Forest State wrote:I get that they're related, you still have more elements to your abilities than anyone else does at this point.

What do you think I should take out?

I'd say take out either the healing or the shielding since both of those could be considered primary abilities on their own.
don't tread on me

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:25 pm

Changed the Personality

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:46 pm

Yellowstone- wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Grenartia wrote:
A P P L I C A T I O N

Vitals

Name: Clover Patton

Alignment: Undecided. Leans toward hero, but not above using tactics more commonly associated with villains.

Build: 6'5'', 200lbs
Appearance:

Abilities

Equipment: N/A

Primary Ability: The ability to manipulate the fields of the 4 fundamental forces and their associated particles. There are a number of derived abilities from this, such as shields and levitation. The primary limitations are needing line of sight (it still works if their eyes are closed, but only if they've got a mental image of the area in their memory, and its not as reliable), limited to less than 1km, and that more complex, larger, and intense field geometries and higher particle energies require more concentration (i.e., a simple wall of EM field to block a hallway is trivial to produce and maintain for a reasonable time, but, say, creating a 50ft christmas tree-shaped electric field requires a level of concentration so intense as to effectively be impossible). The precision of the manipulations is also dependent on Clover's perception (a practical limitation of 0.1mm, or close to the thickness of a human hair, or piece of paper).

Other Abilities: The ability to levitate objects (the difficulty of doing so scales with the mass of the object, with heavier objects requiring more concentration, and nothing more than an empty 18-wheeler would be practical to attempt to levitate), visualization of fields and particles (even those not being manipulated by them), and limited transmutation (more of an act of breaking down complex things like atoms and molecules into their constituent materials, and potentially rearranging and recombining them into other things like different atoms or molecules), again limited to smaller objects (anything more massive than a brick would be too complex to transmute).

Details

Nationality: American
Hometown: New Orleans, Louisiana
Sexuality: Pan

Skills: Physics, math, tinkering, etc.
Flaws: Lacks confidence in social situations, not really an athletic person.

Personal

Personality: Somewhat introverted.

Biography: Clover had a relatively normal life growing up. They'd never exhibited any signs of Superiority, and was by all considerations a fairly bright child. They skipped 3rd grade and 6th grade, allowing them to graduate high school at 16, and college at 21, with a BS in Particle Physics from LSU. They would've graduated at 20, if it hadn't been for the accident.

In their second to last semester, they were working in one of the labs with their professor and research group, fine-tuning and testing some hardware that was designed to improve particle accelerator technology. During one of the tests, the rest of the team left the room to fire the beam, thinking that Clover was right behind them. In reality, they were still in the lab, having been distracted by something else. As the beam fired, they were directly in front of it. The resulting radiation sickness put them out of commission for the next semester, but they survived. Apparently, the dosage wasn't intense enough to be seriously life-threatening, and they appeared to have recovered with no ill effect. After being cleared, they were able to finish their degree and graduate. However, not long after, they began seeing weird things. Patterns they'd only seen from datasets in the lab. They dismissed it simply as a side-effect of their exposure. Then, one stormy day, it happened. They noticed some lightning, and briefly imagined it striking a nearby cellphone tower. To their surprise, almost immediately, it did. Out of curiosity, they visualized it hitting a different spot on the same tower. Once again, it did. Next they visualized it hitting a tree about 500 feet away, to their left. And it followed through. After a few months of trial and error on a smaller scale, they realized they could manipulate various fields and even particles.

They had also began researching Superiors. What was known, what wasn't, the legalities surrounding them, etc. Clover figured if they were one, it probably wouldn't hurt to know more, and it might help. And then, on the dark web, they found it. A meetup listing, and it was (relatively) close by, in City Park. They figured it was either a government or Commission trap, or the real deal. Either way, they'd at least see others like them, and they were confident in their ability to deal with any trouble. As it turned out, it was a trap. But it was sprung before Clover was close enough to get caught up, and they walked away as nonchalantly as possible. As they exited the park, they were spoken to by a mysterious figure. The figure claimed they weren't with the Commission, but they were a friend, and knew of a place where Superiors could hone their talents, and without fear of persecution from the Commission. Curious, Clover took the stranger up on the offer.
#GreyApp

Healing deleted.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Grenartia wrote:snip

Accepted. Roster update will come tomorrow.
don't tread on me

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:08 am

Going to finish my app now...
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:59 am

Korhal IVV wrote:
A P P L I C A T I O N

Vitals

Name: Juinsan Starvane(Only an alias, real name is Alexei Makrovitch)

Alignment: A mix of both. While he indeed wishes for the world to be a better place, his prescribed method of annihilating all opposition is what mixes in as villainous.

Build: A middle point between thin and fat. 5’1
Appearance:

Abilities

Equipment: Force Staff(focuses and amplifies his power.)

Primary Ability: Stellar Magicks: Juinsan wields what can only be described as the power of the stars within his hands. It seems that his powers are extremely miniature versions of stellar objects and events; supernovae, quasars, gamma radiation, and comets. His instructors even threorize that if he reaches his full potential, he can summon an extremely small black hole that can consume a person whole before disappearing. His attacks normally constitute bolts of plasma, presumably basically the same material as the surface of the sun.

Though his power is potent indeed, it is not without drawback. As their power is strong, so is their energy consumption. Should Juinsan cross his limit, he runs a high risk of fainting from exhaustion in the field. He has to be careful not to expend too much energy. Also, it is rather difficult to control, partially due to his own reluctance. However, it is said that the most difficult trials have the best rewards.

Other Abilities: None

Details

Nationality: Russian
Hometown: Moscow
Sexuality: Cis

Skills: Juinsan is intelligent and intuitive. While it may not seem like it, he is also a skilled marksman with the hunting rifle and is also a hawk keeper.
Flaws: He has severe thanatophobia - the fear that someone dear to him will be lost. Also, he is rather clumsy. His left eye is bereft of sight.

Personal

Personality: The one who wields the power of the stars themselves may not seem like it at first glance. Wearing a black trench coat in most times, he doesn’t seem to be a Superior at all when first looked upon. Overly sarcastic and rather abrasive to those who he doesn’t know very well, though the tables turn upside down if someone decides to be his friend despite his attitude. Such people would never regret their decision, as though Juinsan is a cold automaton to those he is not close to, those who dare cross the barrier will find that he isn’t as bad as he seems. Such people could be said to have loved him without conditions, and such is returned. Juinsan likes engaging in deep conversations of life, and he often hugs the people that he holds dear. When they are threatened, Juinsan can be expected to unleash a torrential strike of plasma to protect the ones he knows as friend. With no family, his inner circle is the only family he has left. He has no intention to let anyone else die. Much less by his own hands.

Biography: Born from an extremely wealthy family in Moscow, Alexei, the one who will be known as Juinsan Starvane knew both luxury and expectation. Wealthy beyond compare as part of the top 1%, the Makrovitches expected that Alexei, their eldest, to inherit their business empire. However, Alexei would rather not do so, as he would rather spend his days as an educator. While his father readily accepted the fact that their eldest has his own path to follow, his mother... well, was not as fast. She didn’t like the fact that Alexei would rather teach lower class youngsters in a high school after graduating instead of inheriting the business. Multiple times did she try to persuade him to change paths, but every one of them was a failure. Finally, when Alexei was 16, she acknowledged his will and gave her blessing as well.

Just the year before he was to go to college, a group of villains assaulted Moscow. It was here that many things happened in such a short span of time. It was here that his parents revealed their most well kept secret - they were Supers, and that their children inherited it one way or another. As the villains sent the city into a state of emergency, Makrovitches cast off their vow to never wield their power in order to protect all they have achieved. Both wielded the Stellar Magicka, and several villains were killed by black holes and supernovae conjured into existence before they, the sole known wielders of Stellar Magicka, were finally beaten and slain. But their sacrifice was not in vain; their children escaped alongside their wealth. However, as they emerged from hiding, one of the villains were waiting for them. In a fit of rage, Alexei manifested the power of the stars for the first time. With great fury he annihilated the villain, one who wielded fire, by the power of the universe. A tiny quasar detonated and left the villain crippled.

At the same time, the police were coming, so Alexei, with the knowledge of what the authorities would do if they discovered he was also a Super, left his siblings in the care of an equally wealthy aunt, who treated them kindly.

He would later arrive in Halley Academy via the private helicopter of his family. Once he disembarked, he would know life differently than ever before.

#GreyApp

Done
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:13 am

Forest State wrote:
Grenartia wrote:snip

Accepted. Roster update will come tomorrow.

Just waiting on that so I can make my intro post.

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:34 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N

Vitals

Name: Guan Yu

Alignment: Hero

Build: Slim but Muscular, Ectomorph, 5' 11", 170 lbs.
Appearance:

Abilities

Equipment: Katana, Knife, and a couple of throwing stars.

Primary Ability: Super Strength

Other Abilities: Spacial Awareness (Kinda Like Spidey-Sense, can feel vibrations and thus can tell if things are coming at him), Wall-Crawler (Able to stick to walls and other things due to a chemical infused with his body), Enhanced Speed, Agility, and Endurance

Details

Nationality: Japanese
Hometown: Osaka
Sexuality: Straight

Skills:
Flaws:

Personal

Personality: Serious, Focused, determined, not very laid back, and a bit passive aggressive, respectful.

Biography: (Should be at least two paragraphs.)

#GreyApp

WIP
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:53 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:48 pm

So how should I start

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:58 pm

Auphelia wrote:
A P P L I C A T I O N

Vitals

Name: Regina Turner

Alignment: A hero by villain standards but a villain by hero standards. It's hard to fit someone into such a basic binary.

Build: 1.9 metres tall, slim and willowy
Appearance:

Abilities

Equipment:
- A skirt of panels similar to paint swatches with different materials on them
- Rings on every finger made of different materials

Primary Ability:
Material Manipulation - She is able to manipulate any material in her surroundings, as long as she is touching it. She can only manipulate things made of the same thing she is touching, cannot touch two things to manipulate two types of material, and can only do two things at a time when she is manipulating. For example, if she is touching a piece of concrete, she can manipulate the concrete in her surrounding area. She could cause a spike of concrete to emerge from a building made of concrete, or have a hand emerge. The bigger it is, the longer it takes to create. While she can create as many alterations as the given space will allow, she can only move two things at a time. So if she touched a piece of asphalt and created 100 hands on the street, she could only move two of those hands at a time. She doesn't really have a set range, but she is really only quick enough to be effective if she can see what she is doing or it is within 10 metres of her. This is strictly limited to non-sentient or dead things. Wooden doors, yes. Plastics, yes. Bones or flesh, no.

Other Abilities:
Material Sense - She can sense where whatever material she is touching is in a given environment within 10 metres of herself, allowing her to "know" what is going on around that specific material. This helps circumvent her line of sight restriction within a short distance of herself. This acts as a cylinder of power rather than a sphere

Material Meld - She adopts the properties of whatever she is touching and manipulating. So if she was touching steel, in a minute she would be solid steel. If she was touching wood, she would be solid wood. This is an automatic response, and takes active attention to suppress. When she is like this anything she touches made of the same material becomes absorbed into her, and takes a while to do so, slowing her down. She can break it off, but it is like sloughing off her own skin. If she was made of metal and you threw a metal table at her legs, she would have to wait until the table was fully absorbed before she could move again.

Details

Nationality: Turkish
Hometown: Istanbul
Sexuality: Who wants to know?

Skills: She is excellent at art, music, and using her powers. She is also fairly skilled at picking up languages.
Flaws: She is a coward at heart, which is what really prevents her from being a hero. She will avoid getting into situations that could get her hurt, unless escape would get her more hurt. However, if she thinks she can defeat someone she often goes too far and gets overconfident, leaving herself vulnerable.

Personal

Personality: She is generally pretty average, though can get a bit single-minded when fuelled she gets in a fight. She seems to be repressing her emotions about the death or capture of almost her entire family.

Biography:
Regina was born to a loving and well off family, her mother a Turkish Commission agent and her father a brilliant scientist, working in every field at one point or another. She had two older sisters and a younger brother, as well as a globetrotting grandmother who often came for visits and showered the children with gifts. She had a privileged childhood, never wanting for anything but her wildest dreams. She enjoyed spending her days riding her bike around the streets of her ancient city, seeing the sights and hearing the sounds. When she turned seven her grandmother took her on a trip of Europe, introducing her to what her grandmother called "true art". While initially reluctant to spend two weeks inside dusty museums looking at old paintings, by the end of the trip Regina was begging for more. She began to take private lessons and soon discovered she had quite the talent for all manner of artistic expression. Quickly outgrowing her first tutor in skill, she slowly grew as an artist. Eventually conquering (as well as one can "conquer" art) the traditional styles her grandmother lauded, Regina launched herself into understanding fashion and music as well. By the time she was 14 she knew she wanted to be some sort of artist, but couldn't decide what. By 15 she was receiving letters from several universities in Turkey, wanting her to apply to their art programs. Then she turned 16 and it all fell apart.

During her birthday party, a little over a week after her actual birthday, she found herself moving slower. Looking down, she discovered she was turning into stone, and several floor tiles in their family apartment were merging with her. Overcome with confusion and horror, she fainted. By the time she woke up her mother had called the Commission to report her. She, her father, and her older sisters had been tied up by her mother. Her father and eldest sister were solemn and wouldn't answer any of Regina's questions, but her other sister did. It turned out their father was a Superior, his mental faculties greatly enhanced in scientific matters. It was how he had become so successful, but was subtle enough to not be easily noticed. Her sisters had each been living with knowing they were Superiors for years, the eldest since she was 13, discovering she could read minds, and the one speaking to her since she was 9, with the ability to extrapolate an extraordinary amount of information from even a gesture. Due to the innocuous nature of their powers, their father had been able to keep it hidden from their mother for these years, until Regina had messed it all up by having such a noticeable power. They had not been able to hide from the fury of their mother who was heartbroken she had been lied to all of these years. She sat by, waiting for her fellow agents to arrive, cradling her son, the only normal child she had left. That is, until he exploded. A solid wave of flame burst out from him and everything went dark again. The next thing she knew she was running, her father, mother, and oldest sister consumed in the flames of her brother discovering his powers. For a year they were forced to run, encountering the Commission several times. Over the following months her brother was killed and her sister captured, leaving her alone. That is, until Spectre found her. Now she is set to attend the Academy, perhaps the first safe place for her in a long time. At least, that's what she hopes.

#GreyApp
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:00 pm

Auphelia wrote:snip

Accepted, although there will be consequences if the limits of the ability are loopholed.
don't tread on me

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:03 pm

Forest State wrote:Accepted, although there will be consequences if the limits of the ability are loopholed.

I understand, and thank you for the opportunity!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:09 pm

The roster has been updated and I'd like to announce that we're roughly targeting the time skip for tomorrow evening. Instead of jumping right into the main plot, we'll have some classes first. Different ones for heroes and villains, of course. The skip should be a couple of days in length.
don't tread on me

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:22 pm

I guess Juinsan/Alexei would be leaning more on hero by the way...

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:16 am

So how should I start?

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:32 am

Discord link is broken ;-;

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:54 am

Korhal IVV wrote:Discord link is broken ;-;

You should've gotten a TG last night.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Yellowstone- wrote:So how should I start?

Introduce yourself to your peers, comment on the place, etc. Or wait for the incoming time skip.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:43 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N

Image)

Vitals

Name: Audrey Leisagh

Alignment: Villain

Build: 5’8” and 211lbs(Normally 121lbs)
Appearance:
Current
Normal(Not as busty as this, and has brown eyes, but you get the idea.)

Abilities

Equipment: Other than a taser nicked off of a security guard at a lower security Omega Horizon facility, nothing of note.

Primary Ability: Making an agreement with Audrey can have rather compelling results, in multiple days. Her main ability is to create contracts which bind absolutely, meaning, without a loophole, the individuals involved may not break the contract even if they desire to. Such contracts can grant a variety of desires, for a price, although contracts fall under a variety of restrictions, the most important of which being that individuals may not be granted supernatural abilities, ie superpowers; only trade them. Furthermore, for such a contract, all parties must sign at the very bottom, and in any other places necessary; otherwise, the contract will be rendered null, and any intended results will not occur. The power of the contract increases according to length and/or detail logarithmically, so that the most powerful contracts are multiple pages with exhaustive detail. Very short contracts and verbal contracts are significantly weaker, although their strength can be augmented if there is a stipulation that the effects are to wear off within a period of time, with the augmentation of power growing in a linear fashioned as the duration grows shorter, although effects cannot be accelerated in their manifestation, so, depending on the details of the contract, the results may be impossible to achieve in below a certain amount of time, thus rendering it impossible to achieve via a short contract or verbal agreement.

Other Abilities: Audrey has a number of biological quirks and modifications, mostly internal, though the extent to which beyond evident fairly increased durability.

Details

Nationality: American
Hometown: New Orleans
Sexuality: Bisexual

Skills: Audrey has a quick mind, and learns fast. Furthermore, she wields excellent control over her tongue in most respects, and can spin topics as she pleases with her vast vocabulary. She can usually maintain her composure well, and is generally regarded as a fairly amiable, perhaps rather quirky, and certainly interesting person by those who can match her speed. She can communicate on a fluent level in English, French, and Mandarin Chinese, as well as having some experience in Finnish, Hebrew, and German.
Flaws: From a childhood of great praise, Audrey can come off as haughty to some, and has quite a capability for arrogance. Furthermore, some more conservative individuals might consider her to be something of a nymphomaniac, although she has no such clinical diagnosis. Her vision is also quite poor, and she requires either glasses or contacts to see properly. Another issue of Audrey’s worth noting is her tendency to hold grudges or otherwise remember more minor negative experiences quite well. Although not all might consider it a flaw, she holds a tendency to fuss over smaller details excessively, in a way that could rub some as her being obsessive compulsive.

Personal

Personality: From a childhood of great praise, Audrey can come off as haughty to some, and has quite a capability for arrogance. Furthermore, some more conservative individuals might consider her to be something of a nymphomaniac, although she has no such clinical diagnosis. Audrey has a tendency to hold grudges or otherwise remember more minor negative experiences quite well. In a way that could rub some as her being obsessive compulsive. On a more positive side of things, she has a quick mind, and learns fast. She can usually maintain her composure well, and is generally regarded as a fairly amiable, perhaps rather quirky, and certainly interesting person by those who can match her speed.

Biography: “So I was born in New Orleans, right down a little ways away from City Park. Like 5 generations my family lived in the same place. I’m named after my great grandmother, who I knew personally. Very sweet and wise, and probably would be kinda ashamed of the great granddaughter carrying her name now. She found her only love before high school, and dated nobody else. And here I am, little miss single and preggo with...something. I don’t exactly know what’s going on with me, to be honest. But anyway, that’s for later. Childhood. We’re on childhood.

So anyway, they homeschooled me through my first round in 6th grade except for kindergarten. Now, I know what you’re thinking. ‘Something something stupid slut repeated a grade.’ Well, yes, I did repeat 6th grade when I switched schools, but not for that reason. I repeated because I skipped 3rd grade when I was homeschooled. I don’t think I’m a genius, but I’m pretty intellectually competent. My mother may have failed to keep me from porn—you’d be amazed how useless the child filter on a Nintendo 3DS is—but she did an excellent job of setting up a foundation for educational success, for the most part.

I did well in most of mandatory school, aside from a little dip of laziness in 7th grade. I mean, I was a twerp, a bitch, if you will, in 5th and both of my 6th grades. I got better, partially because I learned how to use the incognito tab in 7th grade and was able to let out my frustrations in other ways than being a bitch to my brother. That, and I grew as a person. I suppose. Nothing much to talk about moving on through the rest of school unless you wanna hear about my friends, enemies, and teachers, who were usually one of the two former too. Oh, they checked my texts when I first got my phone. Parents found out I was bi, which to them meant lesbian. That was fun, believe me. Somehow, I don’t know my search history in 6th grade as well as they do, even though I was the one who searched it. Never will understand that line of logic, but I’m a grown-ass woman now so I’m not obligated to listen to them.

My powers seemed to begin to manifest in senior year, or perhaps a bit earlier. I hadn’t really written up an agreement before then, and I had gotten out of the habit of making deals rather than just asking nicely, so maybe it came around sooner. But, anyway, I found out that I physically could not break the honour code I’d signed in the fall. Actually, I couldn’t break a lot of rules. That taught me well not to actually sign anything I wasn’t going to follow through with. Thank goodness senior year was a relatively easier year. That being said, people also didn’t break mutual promises, which was good

Off to college I went. Memorial University was a nice place to practice this odd new phenomenon, or I suppose you could call it a power now. I still haven’t figured out the limitations, but I can pretty reliably make a solid agreement for a variety of things. I was working on my International Business and Linguistics degrees when all of a sudden things changed. Turns out I’m definitely a meta, otherwise the Commission probably wouldn’t have gone after me. My powers are pretty low-key for the most part except for them just fulfilling themselves in some cases, so I guess those exceptions are what tipped ‘em off.

As I was still provided with parchment in custody, it seems nobody was quite sure what my superpower was aside from there being not-so-natural things going on in my presence. They couldn’t quite figure what it was with me that made me a Superior, so I guess they got tired of me or something, because I was pretty quickly dumped off on some other folks. The Omega Horizon Corporation. I remembered them from a topic for my middle school debate team. Seems I was right in grouping them among corporations I would prefer not to advocate for in debate.

Since I was only vaguely considered a Superior, it seems I was only useful for my body. Those experiments...I don’t want to go into detail, but they definitely had both mental and physical effects on me. That’s not the explanation for why I’m carrying something in my womb, to my understanding. Or perhaps it is. I can’t be sure, as, it may not look it, but this all went down in the past five months. Like, I have no idea what I’m carrying, and I’m really too nervous it might be volatile or something to mess with it much.

The way I escaped ended up being by seducing a guard after a day of hard experimenting. I won’t get into the dirty details, as this is going on record, but basically I had a piece of paper to get his tired ass to sign when he was spent and not thinking properly. What it essentially did was grant me immunity from any harm from him and his associates, in other words, the other members of Omega Horizon Corp, and freedom to do what I felt was best should I be impregnated. Now I was counting on something being fertilized by him, so he’s got a bun in my oven here. It worked; I didn’t have a period that month, and I was able to literally walk out, because they were all physically unable to stop me from leaving, which is best for whatever’s in here. So I did trick them. I’m proud of myself, although the guard was also kinda dumb. I hope the kid inherited my genes for mental structure. I figured it was just his kid and nothing else, until about a month ago, when I just started ballooning up. I know the pregnancy belly gets bigger faster as the child grows, but this is definitely a lot more than should be normal. I don’t wanna look, but my theory is they were testing fertility drugs. I mean, c’mon. I look almost full term but I’m only three months in. Something ain’t right. Something is funky here. I hope it’s just a quirk, because I can’t be double octomom or some shit like that without some serious help.

But anyways, news spreads fast when someone gets out of the grasps of the authorities, and boy am I glad Specter snagged me before the Commission got me back. So now, I’m here. The beds seem kinda small, but I’ll be fine. I hope. I’m with the villains, but I don’t think it needs saying that I’m carrying fragile cargo, so hopefully I’ll be treated gently for the most part, at least for now.”

#GreyApp
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:44 pm

We're now approaching our first exercise. However, we'll have a period first where the students can try to get recon from the teachers to determine their plan for the exercise, which is basically a placement test of sorts to see what our capabilities are in the field. Be smart with your questions. It'll make a big difference on if you have success or not in the actual mission.

Khasinkonia wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse