NATION

PASSWORD

European Politics Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:53 pm

Last edited by Aureumterra on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:54 pm

And the discussion of refugees bringing sharia is why this thread is useless - the Diversity/Multiculturalism thread is better suited for that.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:56 pm

Cekoviu wrote:And the discussion of refugees bringing sharia is why this thread is useless - the Diversity/Multiculturalism thread is better suited for that.

This is for all of European politics, the refugee debate is a significant part of current European politics
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

NS Rome Italy
Secretary

Founded: Apr 27, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby NS Rome Italy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:03 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:I brought up Sharia in regards to the European refugees

European refugees don't really bring sharia.

The existence of this thread is fine and good, all threads offer thier own or similar takes on the issues with thier own twists, Muslim refugees bring Sharia to Europe, so its a related issue to this thread, the most important issue in Europe today is illegal migrant immigration, including asylum requests which are based on illegal immigration, the European nations need to end illegal immigration and limit asylum requests to political persons and activists who fear political persecution for their politics and actions if it wants to save Europe and the EU.

viewtopic.php?p=34142409#p34142409
Last edited by NS Rome Italy on Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:04 pm

NS Rome Italy wrote:
Geneviev wrote:European refugees don't really bring sharia.

The existence of this thread is fine and good, all threads offer thier own or similar takes on the issues with thier own twists, Muslim refugees bring Sharia to Europe, so its a related issue to this thread, the most important issue in Europe today is illegal migrant immigration, including asylum requests which are based on illegal immigration, the European nations need to end illegal immigration and limit asylum requests to political persons and activists who fear political persecution for their politics and actions if it wants to save Europe and the EU.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=444469

You know, quiet a few police are afraid of arresting Migrants who confirmed did something wrong in fear of being tagged as racist and islamaphobic
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:06 pm

Refugees are good, saving people is good.

NS Rome Italy
Secretary

Capitalist Paradise

Postby NS Rome Italy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:16 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Refugees are good, saving people is good.

And legal immigration is legal immigration, and illegal immigration is illegal immigration and should not be tolerated, apply meet the requirements and wait your turn, like I did for many years, it is that easy and it really is that easy to understand.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:34 pm

NS Rome Italy wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Refugees are good, saving people is good.

And legal immigration is legal immigration, and illegal immigration is illegal immigration and should not be tolerated, apply meet the requirements and wait your turn, like I did for many years, it is that easy and it really is that easy to understand.

That's a red herring: most refugees are legal immigrants.

NS Rome Italy
Secretary

Capitalist Paradise

Postby NS Rome Italy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:37 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
NS Rome Italy wrote:

That's a red herring: most refugees are legal immigrants.

The boat people entering Italy and Europe asking for asylum are illegal immigrant migrants.

lol, i'm having lol attack, :rofl: anyone please have mercy and call 911
Last edited by NS Rome Italy on Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:40 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
NS Rome Italy wrote:

That’s a red herring: most refugees are legal immigrants.

Now that you have made a claim, the burden of reliable proof is on you
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

NS Rome Italy
Secretary

Capitalist Paradise

Postby NS Rome Italy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:41 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:That’s a red herring: most refugees are legal immigrants.

viewtopic.php?p=34142409#p34142409[/quote]
That's a red herring: most refugees are legal immigrants.[/quote]

The boat people entering Italy and Europe asking for asylum are illegal immigrant migrants.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:58 pm

NS Rome Italy wrote:

Hmm, such a tough decision, Paper work and red tape or saving human lives?

The moment you said "leftist fake news media" is the moment I just stopped reading.

NS Rome Italy wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:That's a red herring: most refugees are legal immigrants.

If a cop finds a robber stealing a gold brick does he need paperwork to shoot him with a taser or does he go for it?

If you are runing away from hell, keep runing.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:00 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:And the discussion of refugees bringing sharia is why this thread is useless - the Diversity/Multiculturalism thread is better suited for that.

This is for all of European politics, the refugee debate is a significant part of current European politics

Ísland gets like what, 5 refugees per year?
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:07 pm

The Liberated Territories wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:This is for all of European politics, the refugee debate is a significant part of current European politics

Ísland gets like what, 5 refugees per year?

Yes, it barely gets any at all, this does not however, apply to mainland Europe
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:21 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:That’s a red herring: most refugees are legal immigrants.

First of all, let's get this out of the way -- it is impossible to enter a country illegally if you have a legitimate claim to persecution, at least in UN countries (so the overwhelming majority of internationally recognized states). In the US, there were ~11 million illegal immigrants as of 2016, and about 500,000 pending asylum seekers or current refugees. Mexicans appear to have a consistently low number of asylum requests granted, and make up 5.6 million illegal immigrants, so the possible pool of refugee illegal immigrants drops to about 5.58 million, adjusted for the average number of Mexican refugees admitted from 2014-2016.

I'm going to bed soon, so I'm leaving this here and will continue it tomorrow.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:22 pm

NS Rome Italy wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:That's a red herring: most refugees are legal immigrants.

They are not, per the 1951 Refugee Convention.

Frostnia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frostnia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:01 pm

MT nation composed of people from every nation with a current Antarctic base. NS stats somewhat apply (despite them being generally stupid). I would use my factbooks but I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to it yet.

Antarctica is a pretty "cool" place.
I'm not sorry

NS Rome Italy
Secretary

Capitalist Paradise

Postby NS Rome Italy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
NS Rome Italy wrote:

They are not, per the 1951 Refugee Convention.

This post is withdrawn, cant self delete due to browser problems.
Last edited by NS Rome Italy on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NS Rome Italy
Secretary

Capitalist Paradise

Postby NS Rome Italy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:15 pm

NS Rome Italy wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:They are not, per the 1951 Refugee Convention.

lol, The heck with the 1951 Refugee Convention, this is 2018, every nation has a right to decide who and how many migrants immigrate legally to their nation per year, and the requirements to do so, and do so, even Mexico deports illegal immigrants.

This post is withdrawn, cant self delete due to browser problems.
Last edited by NS Rome Italy on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lowell Leber
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:15 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Well, I have to mention you voiced support for Shariah law for Muslims the the thread

Yes, for Muslims. Exactly. Just as any religion follows its law Muslims should follow sharia.

You realize that Sharia Law encompasses things that should only be dictated by governmental law?
IC The Leberite Empire

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:31 pm

Lowell Leber wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Yes, for Muslims. Exactly. Just as any religion follows its law Muslims should follow sharia.

You realize that Sharia Law encompasses things that should only be dictated by governmental law?

Yes. And only Muslims should follow it.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:16 pm

Ah, finally, a thread where we can finally, and comprehensively discuss the important things. Like Guy Verhofstadt's hair, or Varoufakis's latest hit article, how bizarrely well Portugal seems to be doing or how many f***s Juncker may still have.

Meanwhile, for now the contribution I have is that the US ambassador to Germany thinks he can go around telling Germany how they should run their country. Again. This time by openly advocating for Germans to support the right wing, saying that 'leftist' policies have failed the country.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44352779

Ew, Daily Mail.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

NS Rome Italy
Secretary

Capitalist Paradise

Postby NS Rome Italy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:20 pm

Chan Island wrote:Ah, finally, a thread where we can finally, and comprehensively discuss the important things. Like Guy Verhofstadt's hair, or Varoufakis's latest hit article, how bizarrely well Portugal seems to be doing or how many f***s Juncker may still have.

Meanwhile, for now the contribution I have is that the US ambassador to Germany thinks he can go around telling Germany how they should run their country. Again. This time by openly advocating for Germans to support the right wing, saying that 'leftist' policies have failed the country.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44352779

Ew, Daily Mail.

'leftist' policies have failed the country."

Which I agree with, lol.

Painisia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Painisia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:23 pm

When will Serbia join the EU?
-Christian Democrat
-Syncretic