NATION

PASSWORD

GREY: A Story Of Heroes And Villains [OOC | Academy/Action]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Ahhhwwww yeee IC up
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Llalta
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Llalta » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:39 am

A P P L I C A T I O N

Vitals

Name: Esther Winterbourne
Alignment: Villian-ish

Build: Lanky and thin, 168cm (5,4) 46kg
Appearance:

Abilities

Equipment: A small dagger.

Primary Ability: The ability to turn invisible at will. However, those who look hard enough and have a keen eye may be able to see a slightly transparent silhouette.

Details

Nationality: UK
Hometown: London
Sexuality: Ambiguous

Skills: Smart, cunning, climbs up walls with ease, has silent movement, great strategist, works hard when he wants to, skilled debater.
Flaws: Finds it hard to trust, looks down on those who are less smart, complacent, can be lazy, has a complete lack of common sense, weak physically, short temper, bottles up emotions, insensitive, critical, low self esteem, doesn't work well in groups and has bad hearing and communication.

Personal

Personality: Esther is strong-willed, determined and competitive and hates to lose, especially to those who are arrogant. He gets annoyed easily and tends to bottle up emotions. He appears confident and sometimes even arrogant on the outside but is fragile and weak on the inside. He gets emotional over things he is passionate about and is protective as well, especially over friends, who he is very fond of friends and becomes more witty and extroverted around them but enjoys being alone as well, where he can dwell on deep thoughts and imagine new stories.

Biography: Born into a middle class family in London, Esther grew up in a safe and accepting environment with a loving family, an education and money. However, his dad was a superior, who went off to work in different places around the UK for SUAHT from dawn until dusk so he would only see him rarely. Sometimes his dad would be away for weeks. Esther was very close with his mum because of this. To keep Esther's dad's identity a secret, they had to move around the nation, meaning Esther had to change schools every month or so. In school he was a top student and a teachers pets, despite having disjointed learning. He was also very curious about the world around him, and became knowledgeable about the world around him. He also read and drew a lot, the permanent items he had, and they introduced him to other worlds. He soon became sick of moving and wanted to stay at one school with permanent friends.

At secondary school, he did the usual teenage stuff: fall in love, make friends, become rebellious. He was still one of the top students and had a solid friend group and wasn't bullied often when he learned about his ability by chance, after being chased by some bullies, he willed himself to turn invisible and - alas, he did. After telling his parents, his dad who had kept his secret for Esther's whole life and from his mum, told Esther about the superiors and Specter and the secrets he had been hiding.

#GreyApp
Last edited by Llalta on Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
~*✧*~
どんなに怖くたって目お逸らさないよ
全ての終わりに愛があるなら
~*✧*~

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:59 am

Posting later tonite.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:53 am

Llalta wrote:snip

There's just one error in the bio, Specter most likely wouldn't have existed when he was younger and even if it did, they only employ people that live and work on site.
don't tread on me

Llalta
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Llalta » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:12 pm

Forest State wrote:

There's just one error in the bio, Specter most likely wouldn't have existed when he was younger and even if it did, they only employ people that live and work on site.

Updated. Hope this works better!
~*✧*~
どんなに怖くたって目お逸らさないよ
全ての終わりに愛があるなら
~*✧*~

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:16 pm

Accepted.
don't tread on me

Tiekerrick
Secretary

Founded: Jun 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiekerrick » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:38 pm

You missed mine. It is the last entry on page two. Is it good, or do I need to make tweaks to it?

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Tiekerrick wrote:You missed mine. It is the last entry on page two. Is it good, or do I need to make tweaks to it?

I'd say it was just missed. The bottom of pages tends to be a place where apps are missed out.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:49 pm

Tiekerrick wrote:snip

You just need to flesh out the power more/give it weaknesses.
don't tread on me

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:52 pm

Forest State wrote:You just need to flesh out the power more/give it weaknesses.

What did you think of the powers on mine, before I get to a sufficiently tragic backstory?

A P P L I C A T I O N

Vitals

Name: Taryn Lynard

Alignment: Neutral

Build: Very tall at exactly 2 metres, very thin yet slightly muscular.
Appearance:

Abilities

Equipment:
- A titanium baton
- She usually has a knife or two hidden in her afro

Primary Ability:
Portals - She is able to create portals into almost anything, essentially tearing small holes in the fabric of space, time, and even reality. Every time something happens, a new version of reality is created, giving her almost unlimited options in places to go. However, when she is going somewhere not in our current timeline or not in the present, she doesn't have access to the entire world but merely a small piece of it, like a single house or a small area of land. She can take things out of these, but when they are from the future or alternate realities they quickly begin to disappear (the further in the future the faster they disappear) and when they are from the past they begin to turn into rust. She can have several portals open at once and close them at will, but all portals she creates close when she loses consciousness, be it from sleep or more nefarious means.

Other Abilities:
Clairvoyance - A very weak form of clairvoyance, it simply gives her a very brief overview of the entire planet at once, able to sense where she would need to open a portal to get a certain thing. However, this works best with general objects (a rose, a cup, a ladder) rather than specific objects (the villain's evil plans, a person). She can also know where anyone is when they say her name, and can listen for three seconds afterwards to whatever they say.

Space Warping - Similar to her portals, while she is able to tear holes in space she can also fold it in on itself, creating small bubbles of space. Complex organic matter like animals and people get in the way and act as anchors to space, so she would only be able to fold space and create a pocket the size of a brick if there was a room full of people close to her whereas she could potentially hide an entire (small) island if it was uninhabited. The more people that enter the fold the harder it is to keep it in place. She also cannot create portals to anywhere outside of the fold when she is inside of it. She can pin folds to make them last even when she is not inside of them, but this degrades faster the longer it is there. She could create a pocket to hide a pencil that might last centuries, but hiding a car might last a week and hiding a house might last a few hours. She also cannot make too many folds close together, because she runs out of space to fold and simply tears it to make a portal. Folds cannot move unless she is inside of them, so she could not, for example, always have a knife hidden nearby and bring it along with her inside of a fold.

Details

Nationality: American
Hometown: New York City, NY
Sexuality: Straight

Skills: She is skilled in using her baton, knows bits and pieces of martial arts that suit her, and can whistle quite well.
Flaws: Unskilled in the use of firearms and the like, cannot handle pain well, her clairvoyance can get distracting at times when people say her name a lot

Personal

Personality: She had no set personality, flitting between whatever suits her mood at the time.

Biography: (Should be at least two paragraphs.)

#GreyApp
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:57 pm

Auphelia wrote:snip

You can't have clairvoyance and those other powers at the same time and you also need harder limits on the portals so you can't just go anywhere.
don't tread on me

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:00 pm

Forest State wrote:You can't have clairvoyance and those other powers at the same time and you also need harder limits on the portals so you can't just go anywhere.

Thank you, that's just what I needed!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Tiekerrick
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiekerrick » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:03 pm

What would you say is a proper weakness to the powers? The form-shift is personal only, and the non-biological transmutation is restricted by mass as is.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:09 pm

Tiekerrick wrote:What would you say is a proper weakness to the powers? The form-shift is personal only, and the non-biological transmutation is restricted by mass as is.

I'm not sure. I just know that unrestricted shapeshifting is still one of the absolute most powerful abilities even if it is only personal only.
don't tread on me

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:18 pm

Forest State wrote:
Tiekerrick wrote:What would you say is a proper weakness to the powers? The form-shift is personal only, and the non-biological transmutation is restricted by mass as is.

I'm not sure. I just know that unrestricted shapeshifting is still one of the absolute most powerful abilities even if it is only personal only.

Yeah, it's one of those things that's stupidly versatile. I'd say limit it to a particular number of alterations at once, and perhaps the magnitude of those alterations.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Tiekerrick
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiekerrick » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:25 pm

I guess I have to clarify that it is also restricted by mass. He can't hulk out using it or change to an animal. Like it says it is purely humanoid. I guess I have to write that out.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:28 pm

Tiekerrick wrote:I guess I have to clarify that it is also restricted by mass. He can't hulk out using it or change to an animal. Like it says it is purely humanoid. I guess I have to write that out.

I'm aware. Still lets you change into any person, though.
don't tread on me

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Forest State wrote:
Tiekerrick wrote:I guess I have to clarify that it is also restricted by mass. He can't hulk out using it or change to an animal. Like it says it is purely humanoid. I guess I have to write that out.

I'm aware. Still lets you change into any person, though.

Maybe limit the time that a change can be maintained for?

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:17 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N

Vitals

Name: Mat Laurenti

Alignment: Hero

Build: 6'2, 165 lbs
Appearance:

Abilities

Equipment: Mat has a traditional longsword called Frostbite, which was forged in his home country of Italy.

Primary Ability: Battle magic. Coming from a family that has long practiced magic, and watched over magical secrets and practices, Mat is very skilled at using the magical arts in combat. Most of these attacks come in the form of burning and acidic based splash attacks, but Mat can also attack with precision using "hard energy". This is Mat's strongest form of magic and the type that he relies on in battle. Magic attacks, however, take time to charge, with the length of the charge directly impacting how much damage the attack will do.

Other Abilities: Over the years, Mat has also learned weather magic, allowing him a decent amount of control in regards to creating storms, manipulating and creating lightning, and lowering the temperature in the general area around himself. If the weather is already unusual, Mat can sometimes tap into this and control it, such as when a thunderstorm is happening.

Details

Nationality: Italian
Hometown: Verona
Sexuality: Bi

Skills: Mat is a quick learner who can memorize information well, as seen in his magic skills and his fluency in Italian, English, and French. He can definitely spearhead an attack in battle too, and is capable of showing confidence and charisma at times.
Flaws: Ever since the death of his family, Mat has been unstable and erratic in decision making. He hasn't recovered from this event and is still followed by it. This can also feed into a growing temper that can be a problem at times.

Personal

Personality: Mat is someone that's had a lot of responsibility thrust onto him at a younger age than most, and while he hasn't cracked too much outwardly, inwardly is another story. He has an unpredictable personality, and is prone to participating in erratic behavior and dangerous escapism at times, such as drug use and alcoholism. The past is still fresh in his mind and haunts him. However, his erratic behavior has its benefits, making him seem very confident or even like a leader at times.

Biography: "All families have their history. Their heritage. And mine, it's based on magic. Go back to the first days of Superiors and you'll see that my great grandfather was one of the original ones. We've always lived in Italy, but the rise of Superiors made us go from an ordinary family to one that was known well. Admired by some, hated by others, but most people knew our name. We specialize in the magical type of powers, and my family, we have this link with magic that others don't. We call ourselves the Keepers of Magic because a lot of other people end up learning magic from us and we were the first ones to have it, the gatekeepers and the ones that watch over the art. We tried to make sure it was used for good and not bad. And we tried to spread it and pay our dues to the thing that made us a big name.

Everything changed when the wave of Superior terrorism made everyone look at our kind badly, even those of us who didn't do anything. That was the world I was born into. There were more haters than people that liked us, more people that wanted to take our thing than people that wanted to learn from us. I felt it in school. And although I was still young when the Three Gorges incident happened, it was way worse after that. That event was what drove the authorities to get involved with us. We weren't heroes or villains. We were neutral and we just wanted to spread our art, sometimes throwing our support behind the heroes and helping them but most of the time remaining a third party.

Didn't fucking matter, though. The Commission came down on a lot of people and that included our family. But we said we wouldn't go without a fight, and we ended up paying for that. That was our fatal mistake. Pride. We tried to go against the Commission and they had more people and bigger guns. I was 14 when they raided our place, and came after our extended family at the same time. We put up a last stand, in our home in Verona. Went down fighting. But still, I watched my family die and I escaped narrowly, with one of our servants saying that my parents had plans for me to get away because I was the heir. I traveled to Cambodia, lived with fugitives and criminals in a jungle camp there.

It was very different from the wealthy life that I grew up with. It also taught me some of the essentials that I never had time to learn back home. And the whole time, I was training. Training to keep my family's legacy alive and training to avenge them while keeping their original goal alive. I believe that magic is something alive within all of us and that Superiors were just the first ones to unlock it. I want to see a world where everyone can use it, where it makes people's lives better. But for that to happen, we need to go to war with the same looming enemy that took my family: the Commission, and the agencies that work with them."

#GreyApp
don't tread on me

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:44 pm

Tag

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:55 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N

Vitals

Name:Jonas Sino/Vulcan

Alignment:Villain

Build:5 feet high, muscular
    Appearance:
Vulcan’s eye color is red. His skin color is white and his race is European.

Abilities

Equipment:N/A

Primary Ability:Magma Control, can generate lava balls, melt rock into lava that are igneous or volcanic and can generate small temporary volcanoes. He can only control lava within a 30 ft radius of him. (The volcano melts a small pocket of lava below that erupts to the surface and continues to erupt for 24 minutes) If he uses his power for too long or if he melts too much rock he can overheat and suffer from a fever and exhausts himself.

Other Abilities:Limited Fire Immunity: Cells quickly regenerate when exposed to extreme heat and can heal burns faster

Body Temperature Change: Can change his body temperature and has complete control.

Details

Nationality:American
    Hometown:Portland, OR
    Sexuality:Hetero

Skills: Good at stealth and heavy weaponry
    Flaws: Panics when seeing parasites and devolops deep hatred for anyone who kills people close to him

Personal

Personality: A madman but is kind to innocents. If he harms a innocent he becomes deeply depressed.

Biography: He was born on June 16th, 1997 in Portland, Oregon in a poor neighborhood and was soon became parent less from his parents being killed in a gang attack. He was also infested with parasites causing him to fear them. For most of his childhood he was called an outcast and was harassed and assaulted by other people for having superpowers and become depressed. When he was 15 years old he was cornered by a gang and was about to be assaulted and he used his Magma powers and caused the ground to melt into lava below gang members, causing them to fall into the lava, burning them alive. After this event he decided to abuse his powers to rob banks and stores. But he always tries to not harm innocent civilians in his heists because he thinks it’s wrong.

He first started with robbing a major Portland bank and easily did so by melting a hole in the vaults and stealing the money and became richer. He robbed hundreds of more banks all across America and he was really wanted by the police and government. Then he did his famous uranium and plutonium robbery, he broke into a nuclear storage facility and easily killed the guards and stole 10 tons of uranium and plutonium and sold them on the black market, making him even more rich then before. He is one of the most wanted criminals by the US government and is constantly hunted down but almost never found due to his stealth and fear of his powers. Due to his magma powers he calls himself Vulcan, after the Roman god of volcanoes and fire. Even himself doesn’t know why he has Magma based powers, but he thinks his parents could control fire and earth.

#GreyApp
Last edited by Yellowstone- on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:59 pm

Yellowstone- wrote:snip

You've got to explain how a mini volcano is supposed to work, add some kind of weakness to the power instead of being able to turn any rocks into lava, and explain the personality since currently it contradicts itself.
don't tread on me

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:51 am

I'm very interested in this roleplay. Here, have an application.

TL;DR: a genderfluid/intersex, pansexual and bubbly pyrokinetic (sorta).

Alternative TL;DR: a bubbly person who wonders what even is personal space. Also can set stuff on fire.

A P P L I C A T I O N

Vitals

Name: Jack Wallis || Wildfire
Gender: Genderfluid/sometimes agender. Very ambiguous. Jack is also androgynous. (Biologically, they are intersex - having both male and female chromosomes as well as male and female parts. Also, signs of chimerism are present.)

Alignment: Ambiguous. Sometimes expresses a desire to be heroic, sometimes a villainous flare up. Depends almost entirely on their mood.

Build: 5'8", 140 lbs.
Appearance:

Abilities

Equipment: N/A.

Primary Ability: Burn, Baby, Burn!: Jack can burn anything. Anything they touch will melt, burn, etc. at their own whim, regardless of the melting point or ability to burn. Jack can also, with concentration, spew fire from their mouth and/or hands - and this fire can and does melt things or burn through things just as easily as they can despite not having any observable effects on the atmosphere. Jack's eyes glow orange whenever they activate their power.

Holding someone for long enough can cause the victim's flesh and bone to collapse into ash beneath Jack's hand. If Jack shoots or breathes fire, their victim will be immolated into nothing if the victim is exposed for more than a few moments.

Other Abilities: Pyrokinesis: Jack has a more generalized pyrokinesis over fires that are already formed. They can control how hot the fire burns as well as touch the fire and hold it. They can also cause fires to be put out within their range. Cannot use fire to make more fire without having a fuel source. Once the fuel source is burnt out, the fire will burn out as normal. Jack can also withstand extraordinary temperatures in general, especially related to heat.

Details

Nationality: American.
Hometown: Buffalo, NY.
Sexuality: Pansexual.

Skills: Woodcarving, metalworking, “fire art.”
Flaws: Awkward, unidentified mental illness.

Personal

Personality: Jack has a rather playful personality. They like to mess with people and enjoy pranking people especially. Jack also loves to receive praise and affection from just about anyone. They seem almost totally dependent upon the approval of others as well as on others to make them happy. They prefer to be around people and silent rather than alone. Jack laughs at just about anything but can be sympathetic when they are needed.

They love people in general and aren't afraid to show it, often showing their affection by hugging or kissing people rather suddenly. Jack's genderfluidity sometimes comes into play, as they prefer they/them pronouns unless they are interested in being in a relationship with a person - in which case, they can be whichever gender that most comforts that significant other; they reflect this by dressing in both masculine and feminine clothing, tending towards one or the other if they are currently in a relationship with someone who isn't bisexual or pansexual. Their biological status sometimes becomes an issue, but they try to encourage their partners to ignore it.

They also like to play with fire and use their powers to melt things, often in an attempt to 'sculpt' things out of the melted material. Jack has some issues with their tendency to be impulsive as well as somewhat indecisive; they can, at one moment, do something heroic - and the next do something almost villainous or “insane” with almost no regard for the differences in these two behaviors.

They are more interested in having fun and using their powers to play around than they are in the dynamic of hero or villain. While Jack is difficult to anger, they are by no means a pushover. Pushing Jack hard enough can cause them to lash out and use their powers, often resulting in third-degree burns for the offender. When Jack does calm down, they often seem forgetful of what they did when they were angry - or otherwise, do not show much remorse.

Biography: Jack Wallis was born to Henry and Joanna Wallis as a biologically intersex individual; they had both male and female parts, as well as having male and female chromosomes. This was a unique case of apparent chimerism, as they also have two sets of individual DNA and their eyes are different colors - one green and one blue. Their parents accepted them anyway and decided it would be best to let Jack decide whether they wanted to be 'Jack the boy' or 'Jacqueline/Jack the girl' when they were older. Jack's parents loved them and they loved both of their parents.

Jack's apparent mental disorders would come to light during late childhood, around the age of nine. Their playful personality resulted in their state of being bullied rather severely. Eventually, Jack's intersex status came to light, and they were bullied even more severely. When their parents were brutally attacked for having an “abomination” by a local radical right-wing group, Jack felt forced to run away. Eventually, they discovered their powers and were discovered by the Commission. They were forced on the run, and eventually, were recruited into the Academy.

At the Academy, Jack's playful attitude did gain them many friends. Jack would come to love the Academy, but their indecisive and impulsive attitude, as well as their inability to choose whether to be a hero or a villain, has drawn some level of ire from others. Jack refuses to identify as male or female, claiming that such designations are too 'limiting'; they often choose to say that they apply this same logic with their apparent inability to choose hero or villain: it's just too limiting.

Jack has spent their time at the Academy learning to control their powers, and they have many friends despite their awkwardness. It is less because of their trying to make friends and more their playful, humorous attitude that draws people in. Jack intends to do whatever makes them happy - hero, villain, somewhere between or neither at all.

#GreyApp
Last edited by The V O I D on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:45 am

Tagging..
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:27 am

A P P L I C A T I O N

Vitals

Name: Juinsan Starvane(Only an alias, real name is Alexei Makrovitch)

Alignment: A mix of both. While he indeed wishes for the world to be a better place, his prescribed method of annihilating all opposition is what mixes in as villainous.

Build: A middle point between thin and fat. 5’1
Appearance:

Abilities

Equipment: Force Staff(focuses and amplifies his power.)

Primary Ability: Stellar Magicks: Juinsan wields what can only be described as the power of the stars within his hands. It seems that his powers are extremely miniature versions of stellar objects and events; supernovae, quasars, gamma radiation, and comets. His instructors even threorize that if he reaches his full potential, he can summon an extremely small black hole that can consume a person whole before disappearing. His attacks normally constitute bolts of plasma, presumably basically the same material as the surface of the sun.

Though his power is potent indeed, it is not without drawback. As their power is strong, so is their energy consumption. Should Juinsan cross his limit, he runs a high risk of fainting from exhaustion in the field. He has to be careful not to expend too much energy. Also, it is rather difficult to control, partially due to his own reluctance. However, it is said that the most difficult trials have the best rewards.

Other Abilities: None

Details

Nationality: Russian
Hometown: Moscow
Sexuality: Cis

Skills: Juinsan is intelligent and intuitive. While it may not seem like it, he is also a skilled marksman with the hunting rifle and is also a hawk keeper.
Flaws: He has severe thanatophobia - the fear that someone dear to him will be lost. Also, he is rather clumsy. His left eye is bereft of sight.

Personal

Personality: The one who wields the power of the stars themselves may not seem like it at first glance. Wearing a black trench coat in most times, he doesn’t seem to be a Superior at all when first looked upon. Overly sarcastic and rather abrasive to those who he doesn’t know very well, though the tables turn upside down if someone decides to be his friend despite his attitude. Such people would never regret their decision, as though Juinsan is a cold automaton to those he is not close to, those who dare cross the barrier will find that he isn’t as bad as he seems. Such people could be said to have loved him without conditions, and such is returned. Juinsan likes engaging in deep conversations of life, and he often hugs the people that he holds dear. When they are threatened, Juinsan can be expected to unleash a torrential strike of plasma to protect the ones he knows as friend. With no family, his inner circle is the only family he has left. He has no intention to let anyone else die. Much less by his own hands.

Biography: Born from an extremely wealthy family in Moscow, Alexei, the one who will be known as Juinsan Starvane knew both luxury and expectation. Wealthy beyond compare as part of the top 1%, the Makrovitches expected that Alexei, their eldest, to inherit their business empire. However, Alexei would rather not do so, as he would rather spend his days as an educator. While his father readily accepted the fact that their eldest has his own path to follow, his mother... well, was not as fast. She didn’t like the fact that Alexei would rather teach lower class youngsters in a high school after graduating instead of inheriting the business. Multiple times did she try to persuade him to change paths, but every one of them was a failure. Finally, when Alexei was 16, she acknowledged his will and gave her blessing as well.

Just the year before he was to go to college, a group of villains assaulted Moscow. It was here that many things happened in such a short span of time. It was here that his parents revealed their most well kept secret - they were Supers, and that their children inherited it one way or another. As the villains sent the city into a state of emergency, Makrovitches cast off their vow to never wield their power in order to protect all they have achieved. Both wielded the Stellar Magicka, and several villains were killed by black holes and supernovae conjured into existence before they, the sole known wielders of Stellar Magicka, were finally beaten and slain. But their sacrifice was not in vain; their children escaped alongside their wealth. However, as they emerged from hiding, one of the villains were waiting for them. In a fit of rage, Alexei manifested the power of the stars for the first time. With great fury he annihilated the villain, one who wielded fire, by the power of the universe. A tiny quasar detonated and left the villain crippled.

At the same time, the police were coming, so Alexei, with the knowledge of what the authorities would do if they discovered he was also a Super, left his siblings in the care of an equally wealthy aunt, who treated them kindly.

He would later arrive in Halley Academy via the private helicopter of his family. Once he disembarked, he would know life differently than ever before.

#GreyApp
Last edited by Korhal IVV on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse