NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed May 30, 2018 10:40 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Tamrida wrote:Yes, I plan to do so once I get home, although can I please get some clarification on what you mean about the mistake?

You wrote Duchy as Dutchy, both here and a couple times in the app.

I don't normally notice things like this - I just randomly saw it because it was repeated a couple of times xD

Dukedom also works
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed May 30, 2018 10:42 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Tamrida wrote:Yes, I plan to do so once I get home, although can I please get some clarification on what you mean about the mistake?

You wrote Duchy as Dutchy, both here and a couple times in the app.

I don't normally notice things like this - I just randomly saw it because it was repeated a couple of times xD

Shoot. Blasted typos! I will fix it when I chose a place.

Anyway, is anyone else here excited about the new Pokemon game on the Switch?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:09 pm

Oh well.. this will probably die or crawl to a stop before I can become properly active again.

I'm sorry, but I really won't have much time until on Monday, and the stress of this particular project means that I tend to spend the little free time that I have playing some video games to relax.

I will do my best next week though, and for those still interested, the roleplay will be going on.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:23 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Oh well.. this will probably die or crawl to a stop before I can become properly active again.

I'm sorry, but I really won't have much time until on Monday, and the stress of this particular project means that I tend to spend the little free time that I have playing some video games to relax.

I will do my best next week though, and for those still interested, the roleplay will be going on.
It's okay, take care of yourself! :D

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:02 am

I'll stay large inactive untill Thursday, actually, probably even Friday.

Then I should be finally through. :meh:
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Anybody have anything completely and utterly evil and magical going down near a heavily populated area?

Of those people, do you want the Archbishop of Patience to show up and ruin that plan? Or wear you down enough for someone else to ruin that plan?

Or just give you a bit of a push back before you win?
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Volcanu
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Volcanu » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:54 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Anybody have anything completely and utterly evil and magical going down near a heavily populated area?

Of those people, do you want the Archbishop of Patience to show up and ruin that plan? Or wear you down enough for someone else to ruin that plan?

do a meeting with my character?
Volcanu is a highly volcanic nation.

F is for fire that burns down the whole town
U is for uranium... BOMBS!
N is for no survivors

Member of Greater Olympus- A realistic region with an original and detailed map, with a fun RP community. Come check us out.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Anybody have anything completely and utterly evil and magical going down near a heavily populated area?

There is the Archbishop of Gluttony's winter, it could be near a heavily populated area
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:38 pm

Volcanu wrote:

do a meeting with my character?

*sigh*

You do understand that it's not exactly easy for characters to meet with a giant scorpion, right?
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:55 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Volcanu wrote: do a meeting with my character?

*sigh*

You do understand that it's not exactly easy for characters to meet with a giant scorpion, right?

Yeah, that’s kind of a self dug grave Volcanu. I’m sure if you pulled it off well, with an interesting character development for this horrifying massive arachnid, it might be a great character. But you just don’t do that.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Volcanu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Volcanu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:40 am

Well I must find a roleplay to use that character

N is for no survivors

Member of Greater Olympus- A realistic region with an original and detailed map, with a fun RP community. Come check us out.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:16 am

Volcanu wrote:Well I must find a roleplay to use that character

Well, that's your choice, really.

I've told you from the very beginning that interacting with others with such a character would be problematic.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:41 am

Volcanu wrote:Well I must find a roleplay to use that character
Good luck with that.

And in the future, if a bunch of people are telling you 'hey, this might not be a good idea', it probably isn't.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:47 pm

Character Application

Name: Beowulf Douglas, though he adopted the nickname "Wulf."
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Race: human
Appearance:Image

Position/Status/Affiliation: No one really, besides a few individuals from the city of Achisia.
Skills/Powers//Magic: The ability to cause pain to others without touching them. With a simple thought, he can cause a considerable amount of pain to someone. The more angry he is, the worse the pain is. During other emotions, such as fear, sadness, etc., his powers become a bit more unpredictable. It can sometimes strike at others without thought during such. It can be as painful as a knife slicing skin, or as weak as being pricked by a needle. While he's not strong enough to kill anyone with it yet, he fears that one day he will be. He also knows how to pick simple locks, and has atleast average skills with fighting. He's not big or strong, though, so if someone were to fight him...well, it would probably be an easy win.
Equipment: Not much besides a small satchel carrying essentials (food, water, etc.), and the clothes he's currently wearing, alongside a small, slightly rusted dagger.

Personality: A quiet, isolated boy who tries to be nice whenever he has the chance. He's naive, and he often doesn't think before he acts. He becomes deathly loyal to those who trust and accept him, and finds it his personal quest to defend those who need it. He can be easily scared, though; it should be expected that if scared, he may likely take the chance to run away. In such an event, he becomes stand-offish and draws inside of himself.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Good
Biography: Beowulf never knew his parents. As a baby, he'd been dropped off at the closest orphanage, but the women that worked there had never caught sight of whom'd dropped him off there. Seeing no way to return the child to his parents, they took him in, knowing nothing, save the name he'd been given. He was raised in the home, but could never really keep many friends, do to the others constantly being adopted. He often heard the women of the orphanage mentioning rumors of what'd happened to his parents, despite their best attempts to keep it quiet. Some said they'd left town and ran away. Others said they'd died in a freak accident, and that their family must've brought the child to them. One thing kept Beowulf hopeful, though; the uncertainty. He could still hope that his parents were alive somewhere. He gave himself his own last name, and becoming best friends with the only other long-term boy at the orphanage, he gained the nickname "Wulf." His friend had helped him pick it out. As he grew older, the women began to send he and his friend out to run errands for them. It was then that he met an old man who claimed to be a retired sorcerer, whom offered to train Beowulf in the arts of magic. Mindlessly, he agreed, seeing nothing cooler than such a thing. He showed him his library, and became the man's apprentice. It didn't take long for Beowulf to gain a hold of his own abilities, which, he decided to practice with on his friend. He never quite thought things through. He caused much more pain than anticipated, and his friend turned on him. His previous best friend began to call him a freak, spread rumors of what he'd done, and soon enough, everyone in the orphanage was afraid of him; even the older women. Terrified of their judgement and himself, Beowulf ran away. Today, he continues to wander, finding survival only in the kindness of others. He hadn't quite thought it all through, after all.
Goals: To live freely, give help where it's needed, and possibly to find his biological parents.
Theme Song: Woodkid- Run Boy Run

RP Sample: Nah. >w>
Did you read the Rules?: Of course. :P
Miscellaneous: He has an irrational fear of cats. >u>
#KBE7TY2IEV
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:59 pm

Well, as you know I don't have the power to officially accept apps, but it looks good to me! :D

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:02 pm

Charlia wrote:Well, as you know I don't have the power to officially accept apps, but it looks good to me! :D

Thanks Charlia! >w<
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Character Application

Name: Gaelra
Age: Physically 6 years old, in actuality possibly thousands of years old
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual (I mean, it’s a cat so it doesn’t matter that much.)
Race: Cat
Appearance: A mix between a Siberian and a Maine coon, looking a bit like this:
But freakishly large, like, almost 70 inches long, and tall enough to stand at someone’s calf.

Position/Status/Affiliation: Gaelra is a cat, and is recognized as such. However, tales speak of a massive cat that talked to them. Those people are considered liars or insane.
Skills/Powers//Magic: The cat can communicate through people’s minds, having very strong mental powers. The cat also knows how to use ancient magic, no matter how unlikely that might be, that a cat has the control to do such a thing. There’s is also a strange magic binding spell on Gaelra trapping her in a cat form. Apparently she used to be... something other than a cat.
Equipment: A weird bejeweled collar.

Personality: Gaelra is a mischievous and mysterious being. She acts as a spectator to important events, always putting herself in a place where she can see the action. She often hides the fact that’ she’s anymore than a regular cat, though she always tries to persuade humans to remove her collar, as that seems to be the source of her binding. She only communicates with those who she believe will be useful to her in some way or another.
Moral Alignment: True neutral.
Biography: Gaelra has been a cat for as long as any mortal can remember. However, supposedly, she wasn’t always a cat. Tales speak of a fortune teller from long ago who interferes in the business of Spraevia, experimenting in magic that brought a soul back from the dead along with the body, thus rendering the goddesses judgement moot. In anger Spraevia attempted to take the fortune teller into death to be judged, but the fortune teller begged for her life. Spraevia took mercy, and judged the fortune teller by changing her into a cat, bound to the Boyd of a cat and unable to die, ever. This binding was locked in place by a collar the fortune teller could never remove, and could only be taken off by an outside force. However, the collar would prevent people from taking it off, as it burned their flesh. Who knows, maybe Gaelra is this fortune teller. If she is, she certainly hasn’t said anything about it.
Goals: Gaelra is a fickle creature, who’s only set goal is to become whatever she was again.
Theme Song: Maybe later.

RP Sample: Nah.
Did you read the Rules?: Uh-huh.
Miscellaneous:(If there is anything else you would want to add..)
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:44 pm

It's too late for true objectivity from me. I will pass my own judgement in the morning, when I can do it properly. Unless, of course, Tracian gets to it first.
Last edited by Charlia on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:35 pm

Well, I'm not sure if that's a serious app or a joke..

Kollin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:41 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Well, I'm not sure if that's a serious app or a joke..

I mean its not as bad as the scorpion or my apps :P

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:44 pm

Kollin wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, I'm not sure if that's a serious app or a joke..

I mean its not as bad as the scorpion or my apps :P

It's just that, I don't know...

A divine being would probably have the power to do something like that..Gaerla seems to have been punished for.. necromancy?

Which is and was a pretty widespread, if twisted, magical art?

And even if we assume that she was turned into a car by a divine being, there are all sorts of negative side-effects of the spell.

And she would find it extremely difficult to use even the weakest of magic.

That's why it seems to be more of a joke than anything.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:54 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Kollin wrote:I mean its not as bad as the scorpion or my apps :P

It's just that, I don't know...

A divine being would probably have the power to do something like that..Gaerla seems to have been punished for.. necromancy?

And even if we assume that she was turned into a car by a divine being, there are all sorts of negative side-effects of the spell.

It’s a character with literally zero potential to be too powerful. And the punishment came for successfully bringing not just the body but the soul back, effectively cheating both death and judgment. Take it how you want. I may or may not drop out of this, seeing as I’ve swamped myself with RPs. I probably won’t drop out but it’s certainly a possibility.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Without further ado:

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:56 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It's just that, I don't know...

It’s a character with literally zero potential to be too powerful. And the punishment came for successfully bringing not just the body but the soul back, effectively cheating both death and judgment. Take it how you want. I may or may not drop out of this, seeing as I’ve swamped myself with RPs. I probably won’t drop out but it’s certainly a possibility.

I'm just trying to explain the issues. I assumed that it might have been a joke because we'll, while a cat isn't a scorpion, it comes right after we discussed characters in animal form.

I'm not saying that it would be impossible for her to exists - Gods aren't bound by the limits of magic. The thing is - what you say that she has done is a little complicated.

Using souls is an integral part of necromancy. Most necromancers use social in their spells, in order to create stronger undead, but most of the souls they use are those trapped in this world. Powerful necromancers can also bring back souls as long as they haven't fully passed into heaven or hell yet.

If you want her to have brought a soul back from heaven or hell though, that's nearly impossible, since it would go against the very powers of the gods. There are however a few artifacts that could do it - the bells I've mentioned at some point, but they are pretty twisted.

The things is, for her to do what you have in mind, she would need to be an experienced necromancer, and a powerful mage, not a fortune teller.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:36 am

Alright, since I seem to have somehow survived, I will do my best to post in the IC as soon as possible, and I should return to normal activity levels - as school will end in less than two weeks.

Who is still interested however? I won't do a purge or anything like that, but as I'll start working on the lore, and on bringing activity back to the IC, it would helpful to know who is still here and interested :P

Volcanu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Volcanu » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:38 am

Wtf a cat character

N is for no survivors

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse