NATION

PASSWORD

The Azadistani - Munkchester War [OOC] [MT?] [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prussian Polish Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian Polish Commonwealth » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:You know you were the ones trying to invade it, right?

Anyway, can I have your populations, GDP, and numbers of aircraft carriers, please?

Pop of...calling it at 50-70 million.

Never really thought about GDP.

Uh...3 aircraft carriers at overseas stations, another 2 in the Baltic Sea.
Current leader is Kaiser King Crassus von Hohenzollern
Das Gemeinwesen des Königreichs Preußen, das Königreich Polen und das Großherzogtum Litauen

Our three anthems
Main Theme
War theme
Peace theme
Victory theme
Defeat theme

Embassy Program
A Level 12 civilization, according to this index.

Time: January 2016
NEWS
Prussia-Poland exits EU////Sejm grants Kingdom of Bavaria shared autonomy in Danzig///Royal Bavarian Navy set to expand///German 'No Borders' activists hold rally near border crossing, breach fence before broken up with cavalry charge///5000 Christian refugees taken in

Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:48 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:You know you were the ones trying to invade it, right?

Anyway, can I have your populations, GDP, and numbers of aircraft carriers, please?

Well, we're trying to invade it so we could liberate it. Relegate what's left of the monarchy to a national symbol and replace it with full democracy, clean out the terrorists and mafia, and replace their AKs with M16s.

Population, eh? Around 21 million. Don't ask how we got that many people onto a few hundred little islands and 3 relatively large islands in the Gulf and have plenty of good room to spare. water habitats, bitch
GDP: 21.8 trillion in USD. borderline anarcho-capitalism does one good
Number of aircraft carriers: 7. But we use our amphibious assault vessels as glorified mini-carriers, just with quite less capacity and slightly less badassery.
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Policy, Government, Economy stats used
FACTBOOKS ARE NOT CANON. Most forum posts are.
Angel's Alliance Founder.
#comeandtakeit
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:52 pm

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:[

NANI? I did not expect you to have a larger GDP than me but okay
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Atkemri wrote:
Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:[

NANI? I did not expect you to have a larger GDP than me but okay

We have a lot of client-states, particularly smaller islands in the Pacific.
yeah we're kind of popular
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Aresin
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Aresin » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:07 pm

I propose changing the map a bit. Azadistan, from what I can gather, is not an island, but a nation that borders Syria. In fact, the whole reason why I was able to occupy them is because they have a land border with the Middle East, which is where my (land locked and navyless) nation is.
Insanely OP, PMT, Middle Eastern Ancapistan.

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:34 pm

Watching this
|We are the Black Hand, we are the upraised fist, our reach long, our power great, and our judgment swift.|

Prussian Polish Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian Polish Commonwealth » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:08 pm

The Black Hand of Nod wrote:Watching this

Exodia
Grab the exorcism equipment
Current leader is Kaiser King Crassus von Hohenzollern
Das Gemeinwesen des Königreichs Preußen, das Königreich Polen und das Großherzogtum Litauen

Our three anthems
Main Theme
War theme
Peace theme
Victory theme
Defeat theme

Embassy Program
A Level 12 civilization, according to this index.

Time: January 2016
NEWS
Prussia-Poland exits EU////Sejm grants Kingdom of Bavaria shared autonomy in Danzig///Royal Bavarian Navy set to expand///German 'No Borders' activists hold rally near border crossing, breach fence before broken up with cavalry charge///5000 Christian refugees taken in

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:22 pm

Prussian Polish Commonwealth wrote:

Exodia

Yes, sir.
Rosaries, bottles of holy water, Galils and M1911s with silver ammunition at the ready.

I'll have some shit from Command and Conquer ready too, although I have zero experience with the franchise.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit

The City of Fairhaven
Secretary

Founded: May 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The City of Fairhaven » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Fairhaven has roughly 2.4 million people, a GDP of $185 billion and no aircraft carriers.

On the aforementioned topic on realism, I am aware of how fast my submarines can move but I. was more or less imitating Azadistan's strategy of just teleporting people all over the world. Nevertheless, I will work in a more realistic manner if that's what's being decided for the rest of this RP.

L & A, is your big flying aircraft thing still near the Azadistani capital?

EDIT: To make it clear, I'll be retconning my bombing of Azadistan.
Last edited by The City of Fairhaven on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The City of Fairhaven
フェアヘイブン都
“将軍に栄光、神への栄光!”
A Nifonese vassal state created in the ruins of Nifonese neighbourhoods of a great American city.

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Prussian Polish Commonwealth wrote:

Exodia

The best thing you can hope is that I decide this is too silly to get involved in.
|We are the Black Hand, we are the upraised fist, our reach long, our power great, and our judgment swift.|

The City of Fairhaven
Secretary

Founded: May 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The City of Fairhaven » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:04 am

@L&A

Do you mind if you could provide an Order of Battle for your military forces stationed in Azadistan?
The City of Fairhaven
フェアヘイブン都
“将軍に栄光、神への栄光!”
A Nifonese vassal state created in the ruins of Nifonese neighbourhoods of a great American city.

Aresin
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Aresin » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:07 am

Wouldn't the GLA be more appropriate?

Also, on the topic of what tech level this is, I propose we consider it early PMT. Basically, power armor, mobile suits, and airships are all feasible, but no space based warfare or giant laser cannons. Basically, nothing unrealistic to the point of being completely FT.
Last edited by Aresin on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Insanely OP, PMT, Middle Eastern Ancapistan.

Radimostan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:20 am

Hey, it is really fun to read the IC thread, but I think you should move the future IC post to a more professionally administrated thread. Just a proposal.
Last edited by Radimostan on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

THE IN-CHARACTER NAME IS RADITIA, NOT RADIMOSTAN

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:12 am

Aresin wrote:

Also, on the topic of what tech level this is, I propose we consider it early PMT. Basically, power armor, mobile suits, and airships are all feasible, but no space based warfare or giant laser cannons. Basically, nothing unrealistic to the point of being completely FT.

That's perfectly where I'm at.

And when you say "airships", I'm hoping you're talking about rigid helium zeppelins, and not SHIELD helicarriers. I've had enough of the latter considered "PMT" in other RPs.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit

Hrvatskija
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hrvatskija » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:21 am

Tag. I am interested and may potentially join.

For now, I will watch the IC.
ORUŽANA REPUBLIKA HRVATSKIJA
"Slava Hrvatskoj naciji!"

Akaran Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Akaran Islands » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:24 am

Akara will stay neutral. While we do want to see some competence in their government, we think a regime change is in order, not annexation
Senaso II (Modern Era)
Jeanne-Pierre Okeyo (Cold War)
Queen Lesiela I (Victorian Era)
I Do Not Use NS Stats
Look At The Factbook

Island nation off the coast of East Africa

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Thank you all. Aestoria’s ORBAT - in the vicinity of Azadistan - is currently shown on the map. From least to most significant:

There are nineteen federal divisions (legions in Ausitorian parlance), comprising four amphibious divisions, two improvized mechanized divisions, and the remainder air-supplied improvized infantry divisions including reorganized Azadistan forces and airbase guard brigades. These are roughly organized into four corps for the four points of the compass. This number is unlikely to increase much further in the coming days and weeks owing to the immaturity of supply lines.

There is one Grand Fleet comprising one superdreadnought, two Peacemaker class megacarriers, two Siege class megacarriers, three catamaran hypercarriers of different types, three Zeus class battlecarriers, six supercarriers of various types, six Aphrodite class supercruisers, one Hades class battleship, six Anubis class arsenal ships, four light carriers, four amphibious carriers, ten predominantly Valhalla class auxiliary helicopter landing docks, six auxiliary helicopter landing platforms, 20 predominantly Fortress class cruisers, 20 predominantly Whitepoint class bombardine-monitors, ten Knight class light cruisers, 20 Alphabet class frigates, ten Sabre class frigates, 31 corvettes of a wide variety of classes, one Tyrfing class submarine carrier, six nuclear attack supercruiser submarines, six nuclear attack cruiser submarines, ten nuclear attack submarine light cruisers, ten nuclear ballistic missile submarines, two diesel cruiser submarines, six diesel light cruiser submarines of various types, six diesel corvette submarines, four auxiliary fleets, and a maritime air fleet (c. 3000 aircraft, see below). This is organized into four battle fleets, again around points of the compass.

There is one Air Command, with fighters:
1200 Angel II fighter-bombers, 1200 F-IV Tempests, 800 Lightning VSTOL fighters (averaging Mk. IV), 400 Tornado fighters, 400 F/AS 26 Kraken strike fighters, 300 M-2 Hurricanes, 50 Seadragons Mk. 3.
tankers:
300 Capricorni Mk 20 Tanker flying boats, 300 strategic tankers (predominantly ST-3 Chariot Tankers), 400 tactical (predominantly T-3 Jawdropper tankers), 100 T-15 Tripper VTOL tankers
awacs:
200 electronic attack (E-Sphere), 100 stealth (E-Wing), 400 command and warning (predominantly Cube AWACs), 50 Seahawk VTOL AWACs, and 200 strategic maritime patrol aircraft (predominantly Capricorni Mk 30 ASW flying boats);
transport:
300 strategic airlifters, 400 tactical airlifters (predominantly TA-3 Jawdropper airlifters), 100 VTOL Hawk transports, 100 Dipper Mk IIc VTOL Transports and 300 helicopters (predominantly RAE-225 Emperors);
bombers/cas:
50 V-5 supersonic stealth bombers, 50 JB-2 Javelin supersonic bombers, 50 Dezer stealth bombers, 20 BF Frisbees, 100 Angel Mk I bombers, 200 various others, 200 Scissor VTOL CAS,
and various lighter aircraft organic to sea or land units.
This is divided into two theatres.

This does not include remaining Azadistani forces.

I may update these numbers slightly when I have time to check them.

Aresin wrote:I propose changing the map a bit. Azadistan, from what I can gather, is not an island, but a nation that borders Syria. In fact, the whole reason why I was able to occupy them is because they have a land border with the Middle East, which is where my (land locked and navyless) nation is.

Ok, I’ll await Azadistani’s input. I should note I don’t like RL geography because it leads to people claiming the same territory on the RL map.

The City of Fairhaven wrote:On the aforementioned topic on realism, I am aware of how fast my submarines can move but I. was more or less imitating Azadistan's strategy of just teleporting people all over the world. Nevertheless, I will work in a more realistic manner if that's what's being decided for the rest of this RP.

L & A, is your big flying aircraft thing still near the Azadistani capital?

EDIT: To make it clear, I'll be retconning my bombing of Azadistan.

Yes, sorry for accusing you of god-modding, I recognize everybody was a bit. But I’m sure you’ll agree it’s good to place these things on firmer footing.

My big flying aircraft thing is not one aircraft. It is about a thousand of them. The nearest enormous aircraft is in the vicinity of Panessos near the South Pole.

Aresin wrote:

You don’t need FTL to make laser cannons or fight in space...
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Just as a note, to create an EMP of sufficient power to take out the Azadistani defences would, by estimation, require several nuclear weapons to be detonated in the upper atmosphere, which would have to be launched by ballistic missiles. While they were in flight, it would be impossible to tell whether such missiles were aimed at the atmosphere or not.

Therefore such a missile launch would (a) result in fallout in nearby nations such as Aresin, (b) destroy all civilian electronics even more than military electronics, and last but by no means least trigger (c) a proportionate Ausitorian nuclear strike at the country of launch while the nuclear weapons were still in the air, as the principle of mutually assured destruction demands. (I don't have time to explain in detail, but if you're not familiar with modern nuclear deterrence please read more here).

Much as I'm willing to RP destroying your nations if you like, I'm not overly willing to RP the mutually assured destruction of my own for obvious reasons, and I expect you're not particularly interested either. Therefore let's explore some other more conventional ways you could try to attack Ausitoria.

If you really want to get the Commonwealth distracted, I recommend you read this: the Commonwealth has an independence movement in every state. If you can cause the break up of the Commonwealth you will achieve far more. Indeed there are currently rumblings of an independence movement in Chanma, which I was intending to RP shortly anyway. This would however be a long term strategy.

It has also often been said that the Commonwealth relies on trade, so the alternative option is to defeat the Commonwealth at sea. This may be difficult as the Commonwealth is well aware of its weakness and has built up its armed forces and bases accordingly.

These two factors do interplay. They're the Commonwealth's weak spots and I have no doubt that any competent military strategist in a foreign power would realize that. However, because they are the weak spots, the Commonwealth has configured itself disproportionately to defend them, so there might be a better way to attack, but if so I haven't yet thought of it.

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Mecklenburg-Cispomerania
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mecklenburg-Cispomerania » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:12 pm

Hey, I've been reading this thread a bit (up to Page 6) and have become interested in joining, but it seems the majority of the action has taken place so far later on in the thread and I'm not sure I want to continue reading through the IC right now because my time is limited. Could someone (probably Libraria & Ausitoria, he seems to have the best understanding being a co-op of sorts afaik) just give me an over-all rundown of what's happened throughout this RP?
Mecklenburg-Cispomerania is Muslim. No, this is not a commentary on the European Union's immigration policies. I just lost a bet and was told to have my nation's people convert to Islam because it was funny or something.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:33 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Just as a note, to create an EMP of sufficient power to take out the Azadistani defences would, by estimation, require several nuclear weapons to be detonated in the upper atmosphere, which would have to be launched by ballistic missiles. While they were in flight, it would be impossible to tell whether such missiles were aimed at the atmosphere or not.

No need for nuclear weapons, we're using several of these in a warhead to achieve our desired effect.

We're also aiming at only a single side of the defenses, and we're only looking at a temporary window of time for what we need, not a permanent effect- so I doubt if we'd need any weapon of thermonuclear magnitude in the first place.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit

Beluhar
Civilian

Founded: Jun 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Beluhar » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:06 pm

Tag.

I'll observe how this goes, I'll join in later.

Veliki Koperativni Kombinat
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Veliki Koperativni Kombinat » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:07 am

Greetings. I will most likely join this RP, it seems quite promising.

I'll be making a post on the IC thread soon enough.
⚜ - The Grand Cooperative Combine of Islamic Revolutionary and Renovationist States - ⚜
“Tvrđava Islama, Srce Bezrovca!”

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:40 am

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:
Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Just as a note, to create an EMP of sufficient power to take out the Azadistani defences would, by estimation, require several nuclear weapons to be detonated in the upper atmosphere, which would have to be launched by ballistic missiles. While they were in flight, it would be impossible to tell whether such missiles were aimed at the atmosphere or not.

No need for nuclear weapons, we're using several of these in a warhead to achieve our desired effect.

And how would you deliver them? Again, if it's either a large or ballistic missile, it could still trigger a nuclear response while it's still in the air.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:47 am

Mecklenburg-Cispomerania wrote:Hey, I've been reading this thread a bit (up to Page 6) and have become interested in joining, but it seems the majority of the action has taken place so far later on in the thread and I'm not sure I want to continue reading through the IC right now because my time is limited. Could someone (probably Libraria & Ausitoria, he seems to have the best understanding being a co-op of sorts afaik) just give me an over-all rundown of what's happened throughout this RP?

Yes. The rundown is pretty much exactly what I have written in the first post of this 00C topic. To be quite honest I'm not entirely sure of what's been going on myself.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:15 pm

Forgive me for being a bit of a party-pooper, but...

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:“I’d say around 5... It’s on that Phalanx-Class in the submarine group nearing the Suez that Shawn talked about. They’re mounted on Thors- surface-to-surface cruise missiles that I would say aren’t large enough or patterned likely to look like a complete ballistic missile, so we avoid triggering any nuclear responses.”
[...]
“We’re going to smuggle them past Librarian/Austorian air and naval patrols in the dead of night in several VAM-66 ‘narco-submarines’

(1) What cruise missiles have a range of 2000 km?
(2) Are they small enough not to be suited for nuclear warheads?
(3) What ability to they have to avoid interception?
(4) How much time would it take these submarines to travel 2000 km?
(5) Why would a modern country have patrols which rely on visible light?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents