NATION

PASSWORD

Visit Greater Gilead [OOC, MT, OPEN]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Visit Greater Gilead [OOC, MT, OPEN]

Postby Greater Gilead » Thu May 24, 2018 1:25 pm

VISIT THE REPUBLIC OF GILEAD

Roleplay the visit!

This is for RPing visits to The Republic of Gilead, whether of diplomatic or tourist reasons. Not sure if anyone wants to, but probably somebody does.

Please do read the laws for such visitors here: Laws you should know.
Applying for a visa signifies acceptance of the above terms.
Use the following form to apply for a visa for your character (IC information, obviously):
Code: Select all
Name:
Sex:
Language:
Country of Origin:
Reason for visit:
Arrival:
Length of stay:
Anything else we should know:

Note: Arrival is via Cambridge International Airport.
Also Note: Select a KS Country of Origin (Abvonovichatkaderivokistan, Klaathu, Sand Point, The United Coalition Of Sates) for Optimal Tourist Experience. [NO DIPLOMATIC FROM THEM (Except if you are them.)]. This is not required, as any (MT) Country of Origin can do.
Also also Note: No Anime. Period.
Last edited by Greater Gilead on Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Before jumping to conclusions, look at my FAQ fact book. FAQ here:FAQ Ask Questions Here
Proudly violating WA resolutions since May 25, 2017! Visit The Republic of Gilead!
( -_- ) My nation does support my political views...deal with it.
"Under His Eye" is a blessing. It's asking God to keep them under His eye.
Deropia wrote:Jason can't help but laugh as the scotch bottle, followed soon after by the pie, fly through the air of the chamber. "Ah, this place may be a mad-house...but its the best damn posting I've ever had...".

The Bible Baptist Republic wrote:Ambassador Conklin reads the proposal, blinks twice, and mutters "There ain't enough whiskey to deal with this crap."

New Emeline
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Emeline » Thu May 24, 2018 7:41 pm

Name: Jeremy Laurens
Sex: Male
Photo (Optional):
Language: English
Country of Origin: New Emeline
Reason for visit: Research and Journalism
Arrival: 4:30 PM, May 25
Length of stay: 4 days

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Thu May 24, 2018 9:14 pm

Oooooh joyyyyyyyyyy

Will a bestselling author of travelogues (who happens to be the younger brother of one of this nation's leaders -- not a prince, mind; strictly speaking, only the kami themselves are thus invested), his newly-wedded wife (assistant, amanuensis, and companion, to be precise), and their infant son be allowed to loiter for a bit? If so, will post later.
Last edited by Dahon on Thu May 24, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Fri May 25, 2018 7:25 am

New Emeline wrote:Name: Jeremy Laurens
Photo (Optional):

Approved. Be sure to obey all Gileadean laws!
I'm assuming you'll want to interview some people of different classes, which can be arranged.
Dahon wrote:Oooooh joyyyyyyyyyy
Will a bestselling author of travelogues (who happens to be the younger brother of one of this nation's leaders -- not a prince, mind; strictly speaking, only the kami themselves are thus invested), his newly-wedded wife (assistant, amanuensis, and companion, to be precise), and their infant son be allowed to loiter for a bit? If so, will post later.

Absolutely. I had a look at your nation, and I think you're MT.
Before jumping to conclusions, look at my FAQ fact book. FAQ here:FAQ Ask Questions Here
Proudly violating WA resolutions since May 25, 2017! Visit The Republic of Gilead!
Deropia wrote:Jason can't help but laugh as the scotch bottle, followed soon after by the pie, fly through the air of the chamber. "Ah, this place may be a mad-house...but its the best damn posting I've ever had...".

The Bible Baptist Republic wrote:Ambassador Conklin reads the proposal, blinks twice, and mutters "There ain't enough whiskey to deal with this crap."

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Fri May 25, 2018 8:08 am

Name: Noah Mei-Pollisco
Photo (Optional):

Language: Mandarin, Filipino
Country of Origin: Pan-Asiatic States
Reason for visit: Academic. Mr. Pollisco has come representing the University of the Philippines to conduct a survey and cultural analysis of the country for the Pan-Asiatic government and the Asian Communist Party.
Arrival: 26/05/18
Length of stay: 30 Days.
Anything else we should know: Member of the Asian Communist Party since indoctrination at birth.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Fri May 25, 2018 9:16 am

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:Name: Noah Mei-Pollisco
Photo (Optional):

Reason for visit: Academic. Mr. Pollisco has come representing the University of the Philippines to conduct a survey and cultural analysis of the country for the Pan-Asiatic government and the Asian Communist Party.
Anything else we should know: Member of the Asian Communist Party since indoctrination at birth.

Approved. Barely. He will need a translator to accompany him, and to keep an eye on him. He sounds almost like a spy.

Xiazhai
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiazhai » Fri May 25, 2018 9:21 am

Name: Ma Zhaozhong
Sex: M
Photo (Optional):

Language: Xiazhainese (Spoken is identical to Mandarin Chinese, although written in the Arabic alphabet.)
He does understand and speaks fluent English.
Country of Origin: The Quranic State of Xiazhai
Reason for visit: As a professor of the Islamic Research Institute of Xiazhai, Professor Ma Zhaozhong wishes to perform research in Gilead about Gileaden society and the presence of any Islamic community in Gilead.
Arrival: The 26th of May, 2018
Length of stay: 14 days- two weeks
Anything else we should know: Professor Ma Zhaozhong was formerly a Colonel in the Xiazhai National Army.
Last edited by Xiazhai on Fri May 25, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ﻳُﻮْ ﻟْﻮ ىٍ دَوْ وَع مٌ ﻳْﻮ ﻳُﻮًا دْ ﺷْﻊ لِ
The Quranic State of Xiazhai, a Chinese-speaking Islamic power

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Fri May 25, 2018 9:25 am

Greater Gilead wrote:
Pan-Asiatic States wrote:Name: Noah Mei-Pollisco
Photo (Optional):

Approved. Barely. He will need a translator to accompany him, and to keep an eye on him. He sounds almost like a spy.

Understandable. Maybe he is a spy, who knows...
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Fri May 25, 2018 9:28 am

Xiazhai wrote:Name: Ma Zhaozhong
Photo (Optional):

Language: Xiazhainese (Spoken is identical to Mandarin Chinese, although written in the Arabic alphabet.)
Reason for visit: As a professor of the Islamic Research Institute of Xiazhai, Professor Ma Zhaozhong wishes to perform research in Gilead about Gileaden society and the presence of any Islamic community in Gilead.
Anything else we should know: Professor Ma Zhaozhong was formerly a Colonel in the Xiazhai National Army.

Approved. I can tell you straight off, there is no Islamic community in Gilead, except in the Colonies. As for our society, that is something we like to show off, so this will be easy.
Pan-Asiatic States wrote:
Greater Gilead wrote:Approved. Barely. He will need a translator to accompany him, and to keep an eye on him. He sounds almost like a spy.

Careful, spies end up on The Wall.

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Fri May 25, 2018 9:31 am

Greater Gilead wrote:Careful, spies end up on The Wall.

NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES

Xiazhai
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiazhai » Fri May 25, 2018 9:41 am

Greater Gilead wrote:
Xiazhai wrote:Name: Ma Zhaozhong
Photo (Optional):

Approved. I can tell you straight off, there is no Islamic community in Gilead, except in the Colonies. As for our society, that is something we like to show off, so this will be easy.
Pan-Asiatic States wrote:

Great then!

Ma Zhaozhong will probably be researching on Gilead culture and maybe educating some people about Yulongi Islam and how the Xiazhai differ from mainstream Muslims.

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Fri May 25, 2018 9:42 am

Xiazhai wrote:
Greater Gilead wrote:Approved. I can tell you straight off, there is no Islamic community in Gilead, except in the Colonies. As for our society, that is something we like to show off, so this will be easy.

Great then!

Ma Zhaozhong will probably be researching on Gilead culture and maybe educating some people about Yulongi Islam and how the Xiazhai differ from mainstream Muslims.

Research? Fine. " educating some people about Yulongi Islam and how the Xiazhai differ from mainstream Muslims"? No. That is not permitted, under Anti-Gileadean Propaganda.

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am

Ma Zhaozhong.... :eyebrow:

And HE's not labeled a spy?
Last edited by Pan-Asiatic States on Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES

Xiazhai
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiazhai » Fri May 25, 2018 9:49 am

Greater Gilead wrote:
Xiazhai wrote:Great then!

Research? Fine. " educating some people about Yulongi Islam and how the Xiazhai differ from mainstream Muslims"? No. That is not permitted, under Anti-Gileadean Propaganda.

Ah, Zhaozhong will keep to his research then.

Xiazhai
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiazhai » Fri May 25, 2018 9:50 am

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:Ma Zhaozhong.... :eyebrow:

And HE's not labeled a spy?

I mean what kind of use is a 65-year old Islamic scholar and former Colonel as a spy anyway :p

New Emeline
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Emeline » Fri May 25, 2018 10:31 am

Greater Gilead wrote:
New Emeline wrote:Name: Jeremy Laurens
Photo (Optional):

Approved. Be sure to obey all Gileadean laws!
I'm assuming you'll want to interview some people of different classes, which can be arranged.

Yes, that would be the intention.

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Fri May 25, 2018 6:48 pm

New Emeline wrote:
Greater Gilead wrote:Approved. Be sure to obey all Gileadean laws!

Yes, that would be the intention.

Soon as any of you are ready, jump on in the IC thread, linked in the OP. You'll arrive at Cambridge airport, and have to go through customs (what is and isn't allowed in in the laws link above), and to the Gilead Travel Agency to hire a translator or tour guide. And then I out into Gilead, and from thence the fun shall arise.

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Sat May 26, 2018 2:28 am

A few things about the app: I deliberately chose the first week of June, just so I can see how the RP progresses (and because I tend to be quite detailed with my posts). Also, IC-wise (but obviously not public knowledge), the two bodyguards are also agents for the Yakumo Census Bureau (though in public the bureau will say they've resigned), which among its various duties is also the queendom's spy agency, reporting directly to the Yakumokami. They'll be there merely to observe as discreetly and unobtrusively as possible and report all they've seen to the kami once they get back to Dahon (as a World Assembly member the motive is obvious), but in the meantime they're meant to make sure their charges are safe from harm. (TMI? Too soon?)

Also a question for the OP: how much about Gilead is public knowledge? I haven't read the book or watched the series, only checked from places like Wikipedia and TVTropes, so I'm not sure which about Gilead is public knowledge and which not. Or am I to assume everything in the factbooks (and the series it's based from) is known to foreigners?

(Perhaps -- given Gilead ain't shy at tourism -- a sample tourist brochure from you might help matters?)

Anyway, here's the app.

Name: Kojima Makata (travel writer); Jade Sengall (assistant, amanuensis, wife); Kojima Hayata (son); Bizen Emon and Habishiri Yusuke (bodyguards and assistants)
Sex: All but Mrs Sengall are male.
Photo: Will be added later.
Language: Between the 4 adults, they speak 9 languages fluently, including English; Mr Kojima also has a passing knowledge of Latin.
Country of Origin: The Queendom of Dahon (for the males and Mrs Sengall); India (as Mrs Sengall is a dual citizen)
Reason for visit: Research for a travelogue on Gilead.
Arrival: They shall come by private yacht on the first week of June.
Length of stay: Thirty days, maximum. This does not preclude them deciding to leave much earlier.
Anything else we should know: All have worked for the kami in one capacity or another. Mr Bizen and Mr Habishiri, in fact, were former soldiers, and Ms Sengall a soldier of fortune, before returning to civilian life (they as low-level officials for the Yakumo Census Bureau; she as a teacher of self-defense techniques to army recruits, before becoming Mr Kojima's constant companion and then wife).
Last edited by Dahon on Sat May 26, 2018 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Sat May 26, 2018 6:50 pm

Dahon wrote:A few things about the app: I deliberately chose the first week of June, just so I can see how the RP progresses (and because I tend to be quite detailed with my posts). Also, IC-wise (but obviously not public knowledge), the two bodyguards are also agents for the Yakumo Census Bureau (though in public the bureau will say they've resigned), which among its various duties is also the queendom's spy agency, reporting directly to the Yakumokami. They'll be there merely to observe as discreetly and unobtrusively as possible and report all they've seen to the kami once they get back to Dahon (as a World Assembly member the motive is obvious), but in the meantime they're meant to make sure their charges are safe from harm. (TMI? Too soon?)

Also a question for the OP: how much about Gilead is public knowledge? I haven't read the book or watched the series, only checked from places like Wikipedia and TVTropes, so I'm not sure which about Gilead is public knowledge and which not. Or am I to assume everything in the factbooks (and the series it's based from) is known to foreigners?

(Perhaps -- given Gilead ain't shy at tourism -- a sample tourist brochure from you might help matters?)

Anyway, here's the app.

Name: Kojima Makata (travel writer); Jade Sengall (assistant, amanuensis, wife); Kojima Hayata (son); Bizen Emon and Habishiri Yusuke (bodyguards and assistants)
Sex: All but Mrs Sengall are male.
Photo: Will be added later.
Language: Between the 4 adults, they speak 9 languages fluently, including English; Mr Kojima also has a passing knowledge of Latin.
Country of Origin: The Queendom of Dahon (for the males and Mrs Sengall); India (as Mrs Sengall is a dual citizen)
Reason for visit: Research for a travelogue on Gilead.
Arrival: They shall come by private yacht on the first week of June.
Length of stay: Thirty days, maximum. This does not preclude them deciding to leave much earlier.
Anything else we should know: All have worked for the kami in one capacity or another. Mr Bizen and Mr Habishiri, in fact, were former soldiers, and Ms Sengall a soldier of fortune, before returning to civilian life (they as low-level officials for the Yakumo Census Bureau; she as a teacher of self-defense techniques to army recruits, before becoming Mr Kojima's constant companion and then wife).

Several things.
1. You can only arrive via aircraft. The seaport is highly classified. You'll be arriving either on Gileadean Airlines, Satesian Airlines, or Abvonchatkaderivokistani Airlines, the only ones allowed to land at Cambridge International.
2. Blatant spies? You know this won't end well.
3. Any world building in the Hulu series is canon. Individual story elements are not. There hasn't just been a suicide bomber, for example. Obviously, everything in factbooks is public knowledge.
Hope this makes sense!

The Autonomous region of Helsinki
Envoy

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Autonomous region of Helsinki » Wed May 30, 2018 3:53 pm

Name: Kolinas Varjaari
Photo (Optional):
Language: Finnish, English, Lithuanian
Country of Origin: The Autonomous region of Helsinki
Reason for visit: Seeing nations outside The Communist Bloc
Arrival: June 1st, 9:00 AM
Length of stay: 1 day
Anything else we should know: Kolinas is the son of Aino Krenz, so he might not be used to people not staring at him.
Just call me Helsinki!
Just your everyday average person. Figured you should know.
“I only did my duty, and what I was told to do as well as I could”- Simo Häyhä
This nation is mostly my political views....
Oh, and sorry to any actual Finns if I screw up your language. Never meant to offend and always open to suggestions.

Itaull
Lobbyist

Founded: May 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Itaull » Thu May 31, 2018 11:38 pm

Name:Felix Feng
Sex:Male
Photo (Optional):
Language:English, Itaulli
Country of Origin:Itaull
Reason for visit:tourism, he wants to see all the major tour sites. He is especially interested in the culture.
Arrival: June 1
Length of stay: 4 weeks
Anything else we should know: Itaull is not a feminist state, just one with a traditional queen.

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:37 pm

The Autonomous Region of Helsinki wrote:Name: Kolinas Varjaari
Photo (Optional):
Language: Finnish, English, Lithuanian
Country of Origin: The Autonomous region of Helsinki
Reason for visit: Seeing nations outside The Communist Bloc
Arrival: June 1st, 9:00 AM
Length of stay: 1 day
Anything else we should know: Kolinas is the son of Aino Krenz, so he might not be used to people not staring at him.

Approved.
Itaull wrote:Name:Felix Feng
Sex:Male
Photo (Optional):
Language:English, Itaulli
Country of Origin:Itaull
Reason for visit:tourism, he wants to see all the major tour sites. He is especially interested in the culture.
Arrival: June 1
Length of stay: 4 weeks
Anything else we should know: Itaull is not a feminist state, just one with a traditional queen.

Approved. We certainly have culture to show him!

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:44 am

If anyone who signed up actually wants to roleplay, IC will be on the Kerbin System Discord, linked above.

Yu Dynasty
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yu Dynasty » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:47 pm

Name: Cao Song, Duke of Han
Photo (Optional):

Language: Imperial Standard (Middle Chinese), Mandarin, Rudimentary English
Country of Origin: Yu, otherwise known as Zhongguo or to the west as China
Reason for visit: Setting up trade and ties between our lands.
Arrival: As soon as allowed
Length of stay: Three Days to a Week.

Name: Xi Ruyi, Principal Wife of Cao Song
Sex: Female
Photo (Optional):

Language: Imperial Standard, English, Mandarin.
Reason for visit: Aiding her husband in the establishment of ties and trade.
Arrival: As soon as allowed.
Anything else we should know: She is very willing to obey all rules regarding tourists and diplomats, but she is to be her husband's interpreter at all times.
Last edited by Yu Dynasty on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Law is Huge and Shapeless, its Moral extends everywhere."

This Nation is a Puppet of Il Borgia Vaticano. It does not use NS Stats.

News Ticker
Agricultural technology to receive major overhaul in attempt to reverse the expansion of the Gobi--Minor cults outlawed as Empire begins crackdown on malignant foriegn influences--Anti-Metric system petitioners forced to calculate length of whip used to flog them--The Empire of Yu has announced an intention to expand its claims to the South China Sea via the creation of even more artificial islands

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:16 am

Yu Dynasty wrote:Name: Cao Song, Duke of Han
Photo (Optional):
Language: Imperial Standard (Middle Chinese), Mandarin, Rudimentary English
Reason for visit: Setting up trade and ties between our lands.
Arrival: As soon as allowed

Name: Xi Ruyi, Principal Wife of Cao Song
Sex: Female
Photo (Optional):
Language: Imperial Standard, English, Mandarin.
Reason for visit: Aiding her husband in the establishment of ties and trade.
Arrival: As soon as allowed.
Anything else we should know: She is very willing to obey all rules regarding tourists and diplomats, but she is to be her husband's interpreter at all times.

Both APPROVED. Papers certifying diplomatic status attached.
(Discord link in the OP, hopefully we can both be on at the same time.)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates