NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 43- Everything (Finals G6 Posted)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Mon May 21, 2018 6:19 pm

Scene: In the coach’s following a team practice.

“Chris, you will be the starting pitcher on opening day against Newmanistan.” manager John Morton told starter Chris Tyson.

“Thank you, coach.”

“I want you to throw at Hannah Bates’ knee on your first pitch. These teams of broads need to be put in their place,” the manager demanded.

“You want me to what?”

“You have a 98 MPH fastball, Chris. Hit that 34-year old cougar in the knee, square on. If you miss, try again. These females think they are going to run on us, we’ll see how good she does it after getting smacked like that.” the manager proclaimed.

“I thought we fired the other guy because of his sexist crap. Can’t we just play baseball?”

“People need to be careful what they wish for. Davis is gone, he was light. I am pulling it up a notch. Not gonna lose to team with Hannah’s, Lexi’s, and Kayla’s on it. If we’re gonna win this group, Newmanistan must be bruised up. Get rough with them, I don’t care.”

“On the first pitch though? Why not on a later at bat?”

“Yes. On the first pitch. I want us to bang that team up.”
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Mon May 21, 2018 9:33 pm

Journal of George Geer, May 22:

The enemy has been quiet recently, and our officers have decided to send us ashore for a bit of fun. I think all of us could use a break from being cooped up on the Monitor -- our quarters are crowded, our food is tiresome, and the air below decks gets quite stale. I don't doubt the loyalty or the quality of any man on our crew, but sometimes it still tries our patience sharing such close quarters. There is a rumor that we are to participate in a baseball tournament against teams from around the world, though I have no idea how this was arranged. Some of the teams are from countries I've never even heard of! Where is South Covello or Melbergia? And what kind of a name is "Ko-Oren"?

It all sounds very strange, but also very exciting! It should be a pleasant break from this war, and I am very much looking forward to it.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 pm

Cosumar National Baseball Team
WBC 43 - Cassadaigua

Team Information

Nation - The Fiefdom of Cosumar
Demonym - Cosumarite
Region - Atlantian Oceania
Official Colors - Royal Blue, White, Navy, Silver
Domestic League - Professional Baseball League of Cosumar ("PBL")

History - This will be Cosumar's 28th World Baseball Classic. Though the Dragons have a long history in this competition, they have never been particularly successful aside from one 2nd-place finish. Our WBC 36 ranking of 6th was our peak, but has decreased following some lackluster showings (currently 20th). WBC 42 was something of a rebound after having our playoff streak snapped in a terrible WBC 41, but we still suffered a disappointing sweep in the first round after an 18-12 record in the group stage.

Style Modifier - -2.5

Stadia

Primary Stadium - Orangi Field (Indoor, Capacity 55.000)

Sponsored by Cosumar's most popular carbonated beverage "Orangi Flavored Sodas", Orangi Field is an enormous indoor baseball complex in southwestern port city Crawford. In pleasant weather, the dome's roof will open, welcoming that beloved sunny-day baseball game feel. However, in the event of heat or precipitation, the roof can be closed as seen below. Orangi Field was constructed prior to Cosumar's WBC 18 campaign. It has been selected to once again serve as the Dragons' primary home field for the 43rd World Baseball Classic. It is next-door to the similarly-named Orangi Stadium, a soccer stadium that houses Crawford City FC.

Secondary Stadium - Royal Park (Outdoor, Capacity 41.000)

Royal Park is a beautiful old-fashioned field that serves as the home field for our most famous domestic team, the Ramusok Royals. Although not as high-tech as Orangi Field, Royal Park is legendary because of its rich history. It is known as Royal Park not just because of the name of its tennant, but also because it is just right down the road from the King's Royal Palace in the capital's historic Omrade av Storslagenhet (OAS) district. King James II himself is often sighted here for games. From the natural green grass to the cheap food, 60-year-old Royal Park offers the classic ballgame experience. Decades of tradition and amazing moments of Cosumarite baseball. It will serve as an alternate to Orangi Field in case of emergency, and our FIRST home game is always played here out of tradition.

Pitchers

First Starter (Ace) - Ezra McElgland - (L/L, 6"1, 185, 31M)
Second Starter - Kim Chaucer - (L/R, 5"8, 145, 27F)
Third Starter - Gujapan Na'Gwelo - (R/L, 6"2, 195, 32M)
Fourth Starter - Ingo Bischopps - (R/R, 6"4, 210, 28M)
Reliever (Long) - Agatha DeCosmo - (R/R, 5"10, 160, 31F)
Reliever (Long) - Larry Au - (L/L, 6"0, 200, 34M)
Reliever (Middle) - Nestor De La Montaña - (R/R, 5"11, 195, 26M)
Reliever (Middle) - Pär Svendsen - (L/L, 6"2, 200, 26M)
Reliever (Set-Up) - Skihera Vu'Faka - (R/R, 6"4, 170, 30F)
Reliever (Anytime/Utility) - Austen Rising - (S/R, 5"9, 160, 27F)
Closer - Journey Rittenhouse - (R/R, 5"9, 167, 21F)
Closer - Kia Kocurek - (L/L, 5"5, 105, 30F)

Infield

Starters at each position listed first

Catcher - Rosita Cantu - (R/L, 5"9, 145, 29F)
Catcher - Romeo Scarnecchia - (R/R, 5"11, 220, 23M)
First Base - Claudia Allais - (L/R, 5"10, 180, 21F)
First Base - Vareza Na'Amea - (R/R, 6"4, 194, 31M)
Second Base - Heri Pendergast - (L/R, 5"10, 180, 32F)
Second Base - Jansen Kiskke - (R/R, 6"0, 170, 27F)
Third Base - Du Va'Beke - (S/S, 6"7, 272, 26M)
Third Base - Erak Karppinen - (R/R, 6"3, 195, 21M)
Short Stop - Kaely Lykorian - (L/L, 5"4, 120, 28F)
Short Stop - Fabiola Graybeal - (R/R, 5"6, 110, 25F)

Outfield

Left Field - Saeed Mirza - (L/L, 6"1, 190, 28M)
Left Field - Sinéad Bazeden - (L/R, 5"10, 155, 22F)
Center Field - Moon Kivi - (S/L, 5"9, 155, 28F)
Center Field - Cesar Slovik - (L/R, 6"5, 220, 29M)
Right Field - Saevar Gudmundsson - (L/L, 6"5, 210, 33M)
Right Field - Joan Kettler - (R/R, 5"11, 170, 20F)

Batting Order / Starting Line-up

1 - H. PENDERGAST - (2B, L)
2 - M. KIVI - (CF, S)
3 - S. MIRZA - (LF, L)
4 - V. NA'AMEA - (DH/1B, R)
5 - C. ALLAIS - (1B, L)
6 - K. LYKORIAN - (SS, L)
7 - R. CANTU - (C, R)
8 - D. VA'BEKE - (3B, S)
9 - S. GUDMUNDSSON - (RF, L)

We prefer to use a Designated Hitter. If DHs are not in use, remove him from the batting order. Slide everyone else up one spot and place the pitcher last.

Uniform

The uniform of Cosumar Baseball, as is tradition, consists of a navy shirt with silver sleeves and pants. The hat is also navy, with a silver C in the center. The socks are silver with a blue stripe. The number will go in the top right corner of the front of the shirt and in the center on the back. The player's last name will be placed on the back, arched over the number.

Coaching Staff

Manager - Saturn Odain

It's no surprise that longtime Cosumar Baseball figurehead Louis Copenhaver has been let go after the disappointments of the last two WBCs. Filling the void, in his first tournament leading the stallions, is Saturn Odain. The former Ruminov Robbers managers has cut an iconic figure in the bullpen in the PBL for years with his 6"6 frame, potbelly and red beard. Though his Robbers teams have never won a title, he has been universally praised for coaching the small-market band of misfits into contenders year-in, year-out. He's known for being a "hard" manager because he demands the most out of his players, which could be a much-needed change, shattering the complacent & comfortable culture that had settled-in deep under Copenhaver and his previous regimes. Odain, now 50, has shook up the roster in turn. Many perennial PBL all-star veterans who thought their place in the national team was still assured despite clearly underachieving on the international stage have been cut in favor of younger and less-acclaimed players for Odain to mold.

First Base Coach - Johnar Sunhold

Sunhold was a collegiate star at the University of Ankortroth and a former #1 draft pick. After a long and successful career as a slugger in the PBL (retiring at #4 all-time in home runs), he transitioned seamlessly into coaching. He started out as a batting coach for a few minor league teams but eventually worked his way up to a PBL managerial position five years ago. His success at the Goldstaff Golden Eagles landed him the honor of being the First Base Coach for the National Team in WBC 42. He's the energetic, youthful face of the coaching staff that relates best to the players and sorts out any locker room issues. 39 years old.

Third Base Coach - Joanie Sansom

Joanie Sansom was the first female coach in the history of Cosumar Baseball when she took up this post for WBC 39. Sansom, now 58, is a veteran of the PBL as both a player and coach. She has managed three PBL clubs in her career, winning one title, but is currently serving as the President and GM of her hometown team, the Crawford Cocodragons. She has taken this side appointment with the National Team as a way to reconnect with her coaching roots and get back on the field. She is known for her warm, people-person demeanor and slow, colorful drawl. But also for a sharp intellect hiding behind this charming facade.

OOC Permissions

Choose my run-scorers: Yes
Choose my lineup: Yes
Follow my Pitching Rotation: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes, within reason
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but allow me to determine severity
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes
Eject my players: Yes
DH used at home: Yes
Godmod other events: Yes, but shoot me a TG
Last edited by Cosumar on Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Tue May 22, 2018 12:35 am

ABANHFLEFT REVOLUTION
Abanhfleft men's national baseball team

No one even cares about baseball in Abanhfleft anymore. (No, not really. It's just everyone's gotten used to the Revolution underperforming so everyone's just set their bars very, very low.)

Name of nation: Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Demonym: Fleftic
Team name: Abanhfleft Revolution
Nickname: Revolutionaries (common), Revolters (derogatory)
Official history: This will be Abanhfleft's ninth time participating in the World Baseball Classic. It's also probably the ninth time that they'll disappoint.
Team colors: Blue, orange, and green
Style modifier: 1. Abanhfleft is experimenting with new styles to try and finally get a win in the WBC.

Key: (Shirt number, pitches/bats, age)

1 - Justin Yardley (#58, R/R, 33)
2 - Guillermo Rodriguez (#54, S/R, 27)
3 - Burtegha "Burt" Hokabo (#37, S/L, 32)
4 - Yakub Petrenko (#13, R/R, 26)
5 - Joffrey Yedlin (#24, S/R, 26)
Long Reliever - Yakov Chernyshenko (#7, R/L, 32)
Long Reliever - Kenton Regner (#44, R/R, 23)
Middle Reliever - Collin Olea (#43, L/L, 25)
Middle Reliever - Patrick Fulver (#46, R/R, 31)
Middle Reliever - Gevorg Kardashian (#99, L/R, 32)
Setup Receiver - Olivier Savanier (#39, L/L, 26)
Closer - Peter Langford (#90, R/R, 25)

Catcher - James Hester (#10, S/R, 28, Starter)
Catcher - Doyle Rotz (#51, R/L, 25)
First Base - Marshall Householder (#88, R/L, 26, Starter)
First Base - Elroy Combs (#5, L/L, 21)
Second Base - Julin He (#17, R/R, 34, Starter, female)
Second Base - Yorge Freyas (#29, R/R, 23)
Third Base - Farris Baoteng (#20, L/L, 33, Starter)
Third Base - Timothy Branson, (#63, R/R, 32)
Short Stop - Desmond Bo (#00, R/R, 31, Starter)
Short Stop - Ulrika Zimmermann (#49, R/R, 27, female)

Left Fielder - Dmitri Aksyonov (#4, L/R, 32, Starter)
Left Fielder - Hashim Khateb Bansamun (#66, R/R, 21)
Center Fielder - Jiangming Heng (#12, L/L, 35, Starter)
Center Fielder - Peter Offutt (#94, R/R, 28)
Right Fielder - Ibrahim Ahmadinejad (#67, S/R, 36, Starter)
Right Fielder - Massimo Verde (#18, L/L, 29)

1 - HENG J.M. (CF, L)
2 - HE J.L. (2B, R)
3 - F. BAOTENG (3B, L)
4 - D. BO (SS, R)
5 - I. AHMADINEJAD (RF, R)
6 - D. AKSYONOV (LF, R)
7 - M. VERDE (RF, L)
8 - U. ZIMMERMANN (SS, R)
DH - PITCHER

In the event that a DH is not allowed, keep the pitcher in the DH's place.

Reheboam Zimmermann was killed in the same terrorist attack that changed forever the lives of those on the national baseball team. Who knows in which direction the new management will take this team?

MANAGER - KURTIS LINGENFELTER

ASSISTANT MANAGER/BENCH COACH - JAIME GROVER

FIRST BASE COACH - STEFAN MCKENNY

THIRD BASE COACH - IVAN BRETT

BATTING COACH - JOHN JOHNSON

PITCHING COACH - TERENCE ROCKITANSKI

The Abanhfleft Baseball Federation has announced that it will be using two baseball stadia as venues for the Abanhfleft Revolution's home matches.

Official name: Stadion Memoriam de December 27
Capacity: est. 26,500
Record attendance: 37,084 (Verbergerkinnh Cubs vs. Copper Cuprum Miners; October 5, 2022)
Operators: Verbergerkinnh Cubs

Official name: National Baseball Stadium
Capacity: est. 60,000
Record attendance: 65,233 (Effelenendro Islanders vs. Pilken Blue Sox, 19 October 2022)
Operators: Abanhfleft Baseball Federation, Effelenendro Islanders (for games against big teams)

RP PERMISSIONS
My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my runscorers: Yes, within reason
Choose my lineup: No, please stick to the starters as much as possible
Follow my pitching rotation: Yes, you must follow it to the letter
Godmod scoring events: No
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but TG me first
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Eject my players: No
Godmod other events: Yes, except killing my players or coaching staff, and please TG me before doing this
Use DH at home: Yes
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Xelsis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2016
Corporate Bordello

Postby Xelsis » Tue May 22, 2018 6:11 am

Xelsian National Team: The Lightning

The Overview

Pollarol is the national sport of Xelsis, unique to the nation, and running back to the tribal days of the Xelsos people. Baseball, however, of all foreign imports, has caught on more than any other. The early forms of the game migrated to Xelsis in the mid-1850s, and it quickly developed domestically into the sport it is today. The Xelsian pitcher's mound was raised early on, and set at a sixty-five foot distance, later closed to the international standard of sixty feet, six inches in the early 1900s, by which time the sport was already the nation's second most popular by a broad margin, and would only expand as the years went by.

The Xelsian style of play is one that would typically be described as "Small-ball". Sluggers are less valued than contact hitters, a mighty swing is less important than good bunting skill, and bloop hits, sacrifices, stolen bases, and squeezes help bring across rare runs in low-scoring games focused on pitching and strategy. Pitchers, for their part, are expected to go the full nine innings more often than not, with bullpen use relatively minimal, and durability is thus prized over power. The nation pitch of choice is the forkball, and average velocities are lower than in other leagues, as smart pitching to contact is often the way to last through grueling games. The DH rule is absent entirely from Xelsian baseball, and pitchers are expected to hit for themselves.

2018 will mark Xelsis's first participation in international competition in the World Baseball Classic, and expectations vary from the heavily optimistic to the quite cynical. The Sub-Advisory on Sport has made its decision, however, and the Xelsian people and players are, ready or not, about to be thrust headfirst into a new experience.

The Uniform

A simple uniform in the typical style of Xelsian teams, the Lightning will be using a single uniform as depicted, black on grey, for both home and away games, as the national team, though domestic teams have alternate uniforms for such games. The black cap bears the emblem of the Xelsian flag, and as is typical for Xelsian ballplayers, knee-high socks accompany the uniform. A long-sleeved undershirt is typical for Xelsian play, but may be discarded for higher-temperature away games. Batting gloves are worn at the player's discretion.

The Roster

Rotation

1. Daylen Baker, #84, 6 ft. 3 in, 211 lbs, Age 29, RHP.
-The consensus pick for the best pitcher alive in Xelsis, Baker is a full-package deal, with stamina, speed, control, and a weather eye on the run game. Topping out in the mid-nineties, Baker's incredible location ability is what truly sets him apart, painting corners with an all-fastball arsenal, alternating between four-seamers, two-seamers, cutters, and splitters, a masterful mix that has made him a four-time winner of the Hube Pettering Award. At the plate, the dominance doesn't show, as Baker is a competent bunter, but little more.

2. Edgar Rumenoss, #13, 6 ft. 11 in, 250 lbs, Age 25, RHP.
-Standing six-foot eleven, Rumenoss throws like a mountain collapsing, via a direct overhead motion that makes his sinker the nastiest in the league. Not a strikeout pitcher, Rumenoss is instead most dominant in keeping anything and everything inside the park, feeding his defense a steady diet of ground balls via low-spin, "heavy" fastballs and a forkball-sinker-split finger combination that hits the bottom of bats with varying speeds and drops. Best known as one of the best-hitting pitchers in the league, and often bats higher up in the order, with good contact and power.

3. Larry Harlo, #17, 6 ft. 4 in, 225 lbs, Age 20, LHP.
-The youngest of the starting four, and the only lefthander among them, Harlo is brimming with potential, but even after a breakout first two seasons, coming into the league at a near record-young age, is still developing. His curve is the most dominant out pitch in the game, and has had him as a league-leader in strikeouts in a low-strikeout league, and perhaps the only competitor to Baker in pure skill, but he struggles to go as deeply into games as is typical in the Xelsian leagues. A solid, but streaky, hitter for a pitcher.

4. Katerina Deachrist, #2, 6 ft. 1 in, 162 lbs, Age 22, RHP.
-The only woman on the national team, Deachrist is a knuckleball specialist through and through. Unable to reach the velocities of her peers, she has found success in the oddball off-speed pitch, working through high walk rates by ensuring weak contact and constant whiffs with a flutterball that's nigh-impossible to predict, and gives her the lowest H/9 rate in the Xelsian High League. At the plate, however, she doesn't have the knack for bunting and hitting, and is a liability in a no-DH league.

Bullpen

CL: Bubba Stevens, #104, 5 ft. 9 in, 268 lbs, Age 33, RHP.
-In a league where pitchers are expected to go the distance, a closer who can make any kind of name for themselves is a rare breed, but Bubba has nonetheless succeeded, as much from his personality and uniqueness as his skill. A rare switch-throwing pitcher, Bubba can throw junk from either arm, taking the advantageous matchup, but the jolly, overweight man has some issues with control, and advanced metrics suggest a little luck is behind his shutout reputation. Rarely coming up to the plate, Stevens has had an unusually high BABIP in his few PAs.

SU: Salvidar Vasquez, #28, 6 ft. 3 in, 207 lbs, Age 31, LHP.
-A starting pitcher, Vasquez was tapped for a setup role in the WBC to keep the four-man rotation intact. One of the league's hardest throwers, he tops out in the upper nineties, and is one of the best pitchers in the league when at his best, but has picked up a reputation as somewhat injury-prone, not having played in at least three-quarters of a season since his rookie year. A good defender on the mound, and above-average, but not remarkable, hitter.
OUT TO INJURY

SU: Harold Rolon , #41, 5 ft. 11 in, 186 lbs, Age 36, LHP.
-Another starter put into a bullpen role for the Classic, Rolon received the nickname of "The Doctor" for his 'diagnoses' of the weaknesses of opposing batters on the field. Not gifted with velocity, Rolon is instead an expert on keeping hitters off-balance by mixing breaking pitches just where they need to be, and, in contrast to the league's typical norms, is not afraid to intentionally walk a man when necessary, both aiding his longevity. A poor hitter at the plate.

SU: Jimmy Hostens, #79, 6 ft. 191 lbs, Age 30, RHP.
-Only the second actual relief pitcher on the roster, Hostens is a change of pace from typical fare, seeking to baffle hitters with a submarine delivery and some of the slowest offerings in the league, long, breaking eephus pitches, or "floaters" in the sixties or high fifties, with an occasional mid-eighties fastball to catch the hitter off-balance. A decent hitter in his few plate appearances, though with a small sample size.

Lineup

C: Fredrick Latsitos, #18, 6 ft. 2 in, 195 lbs, Age 27, Throws Right, Bats Right.
-Frederick is universally regarded as the best-throwing catcher in Xelsis, and perhaps the world, by near-superhuman pop time and a remarkably accurate and strong throwing arm eliminating the run game almost entirely, even in the steal-heavy Xelsian leagues. He is a poor pitch-framer, however, and a major liability with the bat, only barely outweighed by his remarkable defense. Despite the Xelsian leagues not using the designated hitter, bats ninth, save when Katerina is on the mound.

1B: Demetri Swaztkova, #73, 6 ft. 4 in, 218 lbs, Age 37, Throws Left, Bats Left.
-The team's Captain, Swaztokva is a steady line-drive hitter, a four-time Xelsian High League leader in doubles, and a steady presence at first base. While the thirty-seven year-old is in the twilight of his career, his long reputation for off-the-field charity and on-the-field sportsmanship gives him an intangible worth that adds onto his excellent, though slowly fading, talent. Bats fifth.

2B: Buck Garner, #20, 5 ft. 11 in, 172 lbs, Age 42, Throws Right, Bats Right.
-One of the longest-running veterans in the game, forty-two years of age, Garner is the active leader in hits across every Xelsian league, and knocking on the door of the all-time record. One of the best contact hitters of all time, even with a lost step as Father Time catches up to him, he's still a defensive wizard, with a sure glove on anything he can get to. Just don't expect him to crank one over the fence-he hasn't managed that since he was thirty-three, and is still a little cranky about the drought. Bats sixth.

3B: Colton Li, #88, 6 ft., 185 lbs, Age 28, Throws Right, Bats Left.
-Typically a shortstop, Li was moved to third for the national team, after Teros rejected being shifted himself. A consummate professional, he made the switch without complaint. A defensive vacuum, Li's worth comes from his defense, while only an average hitter, though a good bunter and smart baserunner. Bats seventh.

SS: Mario Teros, #3, 5 ft. 8 in, 205 lbs, Age 31, Throws Right, Bats Right.
-The strongest hitter on the team, despite his 5 ft. 8 in frame, Mario's range is somewhat below average for his position, but he fields smoothly and adds excellent arm strength, along with a resume of leading the Xelsian High League in home runs five times, and intentional walks six times, though some teammates would contend the titles have grown his head a few hat sizes too large. Bats third.

LF: Nolan Maneros, #30, 6 ft. 5 in, 240 lbs, Age 25, Throws Right, Bats Switch.
-The biggest bat on the team, Nolan is a sweet-swinging switch-hitter, with excellent contact and good power, which is needed, to make up for his lead feet and glove. Capable of hitting for both contact and power, he is a liability in the field, with a mediocre arm and poor range, but leads the team in wRC+, as well as ejections, the youth still maintaining a reputation as a hot-head. Bats cleanup.

CF: Reilly O'Connor, #49, 6 ft., 180 lbs, Age 23, Throws Left, Bats Left.
-The best bunter in the Xelsian leagues, O'Connor is otherwise a full-spectrum five-tool player with solid defense, good speed, a great batter's eye, and reasonable power, though a rather less engaging personality as a player, unusually quiet and reserved, even on the field. Bats second.

RF: Mntukabe Tankeros, #67, 5 ft. 10 in, 162 lbs, Age 24, Throws Right, Bats Right.
-The fastest man on the Xelsian field, Tankeros adds a rocket arm to his ridiculous range with a glove to add a plus-defense to his base-burning skills. A lefthander, Tankeros is typically too antsy at the plate, rarely walking and striking out too often, but makes up for it when he makes it onto the pond, leading the league in stolen bases and stolen base percentage four years running. Seen as a symbol of the sport, the always-energetic Tankeros is beloved for his own clear exuberance and love of the game. Bats leadoff.
OUT TO INJURY

Bench

OF: Abdul al-Ulmar, #70, 6 ft. 3 in, 221 lbs, Age 27, Throws Right, Bats Right.
-Similar to Maneros in many ways, al-Ulmar has been his chief rival in the Southeastern Division for several years, but always a step behind. A slightly better glove, with somewhat better range, but a poor arm, Abdul's plate discipline, posting a consistently lower OBP, has kept him a step behind his outfield rival, but he remains one of the most potent bats in the league, and a ready pinch-hitter.

IF: Chris Smith, #11, 6 ft. 4 in, 210 lbs, Age 33, Throws Right, Bats Left.
-A foreign player in the Xelsian leagues, Smith is a quick defender with excellent range, and above-average pop for a middle infielder, though he strikes out more often than is good for him. Not possessing the best batter's eye, he has good speed on the basepaths once on, and is available to fill in as a defensive upgrade, pinch runner, or a power boost over Garner.

OF: Duke Yander #6, 6 ft. 7 in, 201 lbs, Age 30, Throws Right, Bats Right.
-A long, lanky man, six-foot-seven, Yander's gangly build hides tremendous speed and explosiveness, argued by some to be even quicker than Tankeros. Unlike Tankeros, however, Yanker's slow, sweeping swing rarely makes contact, and his ability to track fly balls is rather lacking, resigning him to a journeyman role through his career. On the national team, however, he is a valuable pinch-runner for when the opportunity arises.

C: Matthew Silvercreek, #55, 5 ft. 10 in, 186 lbs, Age 31, Throws Left, Bats Left.
-The team's backup catcher, Silvercreek has a good arm himself, but makes his name in his pitch-framing and calling skills, well-regarded for getting into the heads of opposing batters and the umpires alike. A below-average bat, but better than the awful Lasitos, he is available in case of injury, or as a potential substitution against a slower team, where stolen bases are less of a threat.

IF: Albert Deachrist, #22, 6 ft 1 in, 179 lbs, Age 24, Throws Right, Bats Switch.
-Husband of Katerina Deachrist, Albert is more than a fair ballplayer himself. A switch-hitter, he is a consistently pesky hitter, leading the XHL three of the last four seasons in times hit by a pitch with a close-in stance, and drawing walks with a patient approach, rating near the top of league OBP leaderboards. An above-average runner with some pop in his bat, he's a competent infielder, mixing remarkable diving stops with simple miffs on ground balls.
OUT TO INJURY

OF: Francis Poldon, #10, 6 ft. 5 in, 211 lbs, Age 19, Throws Left, Bats Left
-The youngest player, and only rookie, on the team, Poldon skipped out on most of his education to leap directly into the Xelsian Low Leagues, and start making a name for himself. Constantly appearing on highlight reels on sports networks or online cell phone video, Poldon is a defensive wizard with burning speed and an incredible ability to leap for the ball, but is very much raw and untested against high-end competition at the plate, and while possessing great speed, has a tendency to be outfoxed on the basepaths.

Utl: Sam Carhoones, #99, 6 ft. 3 in, 217 lbs, Age 39, Throws Right, Bats Right.
-The sole representative from the Xeslian Outback League, a rival professional competitor to the Xelsian High Leagues, Carhoones is universally regarded as the best player in that low-competition league. An everything man, he's capable of playing any position on the field, including catcher, or even serving as an emergency pitcher, with an all-around approach at the plate and good enough speed to make him a threat in that area even at his age. Capable of filling in almost anywhere, the veteran is still more of an optional replacement than an upgrade.

PH: Mikey Ramirez, #61 3 ft. 3 in, 58 lbs, Age 51, Throws Right, Bats Right.
-A stand-up comedian who never laced up a uniform for any Xelsian team, Ramirez's appearance on the team started with a joke, and soon blew up into a national movement to have him incorporated, eventually, by fan vote and pressure, getting him in. He can barely throw the ball halfway across the infield, or hit it out of it, but is short enough to stand there and take a base on balls, to wild applause, as in a demonstration game held for Xelsian fans.

Coaching

Manager: Able Browning, 6 ft. 10 in, 215 lbs, Age 84.
-Standing six feet, ten inches tall, with a mustache that would seem to be half that in width, Browning's stern demeanor and icy tone are the hallmarks of professionalism of the winningest manager in Xelsian history. A traditionalist to the core, Browning runs his players hard and tight to play ball with the grit and hustle he himself did in his playing days back in the 1950s. Expecting of a level of professionalism from his players, the heavily nationalist and perhaps xenophobic Browning's tendencies towards foreign teams may just run into the dirty. He is known for his position standing at the entrance to the dugout, never entering the field of play to argue with an umpire, but surveying his domain.

Pitching Coach: Joe Ciscok, 5 ft. 3 in, Age 29.
-The youngest coach on the team, Cicsok is a representative of the new sabermetrics era, obsessing over spin rate, heatmaps, exit velocity, and other advanced metrics to try to get the best out of his pitching staff.

Hitting Coach: Thomas Mallar, 6 ft., 191 lbs, Age 49.
-Though he earned his reputation as the master of bats coaching rookies into All-Stars, Mallar's fundamentals-based approach is still enough to find the simple weaknesses in even the swings of the most established players, and set to work on correcting them with the basics.

First Base Coach: Cedric Jolin, 5 ft. 10 in, 159 lbs., Age 97.
-Probably not the most mentally astute coach any longer, Jolin earned his spot as the first base coach for the Xelsian team with his legendary player career. The Unbreakable, he was called in his playing days, starting over three thousand consecutive games at second base, and while in his later nineties now, he is well-respected as a part of the game's history.

Third Base Coach: Toby Kendrick, 5 ft. 9 in, 238 lbs, Age 54.
-A much more aggressive sort, in contrast to the elderly Jolin, steady Mallar, and exciteable Ciscok, Kendrick is always on his player's cases, for good, or for bad, getting them fired up to play or driven to correct mistakes with harsh criticism and occasional well-won compliments. Half the team hates him, but near everyone respects him and sees that making the team win is all he's aiming for.

The Playing Field
Pettering Park

With a seating capacity of 67,000, Pettering Park is one of the largest stadiums in Xelsis, and often packed to the gills to see the hometown Cuavic Bandits play, especially star left fielder Nolan Maneros. Chosen as the host stadium for Xelsis's home games in the WBC, fans will be treated to what is a hitter's park, in every way but one. The centerfield wall stretches back some 490 feet, and the left and right field power alleys are scarce closer. Many have tried, and failed, to mash the ball into the famed fountain beyond centerfield, and dingers over the walls in the park are rare to come by. Narrow foul territories, however, and the massive expanse of the outfield makes doubles and triples come aplenty, and make the park the second highest-scoring in the league, after the bandbox of the Jelcin Moustekos's home field of the Gonor Arena. Fly ball pitchers should beware. With some of the most modern amenities in the league, well-received food and a coastal environment in the east of Xelsis more pleasant than the often stormy and overcast heartland interior of the nation, Pettering, named after the famous pitcher, Huber Pettering, from the Bandits's early days, will soon play host to teams from around the world.

Roleplay Info

Choose my run-scorers: Yes, but RP by the character descriptions if you can.

Choose my lineup: No.

Follow my Pitching Rotation: Yes.

Godmod Scoring Events: Yes.

RP Injuries to your players: Yes.

Godmod Injuries: Yes, on the field.

DH Used at home: No, and the pitchers will bat as their own DHs in away games.

Eject My Players: Sure, just take into account the players. I put in a little bit on them in the descriptions, so someone like O'Connor is probably never going to even talk to an ump to have any chance of being thrown out, but Maneros could easily get thrown out of almost any game.

Godmod Other Events: Something odd, sure, but nothing magic or outside the vague realm of possibility of real life.

Other Info: Very much a small-ball, defense-oriented team. Very few home runs, many hit-and-runs, sacrifice bunts, squeeze plays, stolen bases, etc. The pitchers are expected to go at least 7-8 innings per start, and complete games should be common. The home park, as noted, is hitter-friendly for extra-base hits with few foulouts, but not for home runs, and can be taken into account.
Last edited by Xelsis on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
This nation does represent my political views.
Pro: Evangelical Protestantism, womens' rights, chastity, limited government, free markets, right to bear arms, traditional marriage, free speech, competition, honesty, transparency, voucher systems, private unions, police accountability and demilitarization, sentencing reform, decentralization, states' rights, free discussion of ideas, the British "u", trial by combat, exclusionary rule, Red, Arminianism.
Anti: Statism, communism, socialism, racism, abortion, censorship, adultery, premarital sex, same-sex intercourse, public unions, SJWs, classroom censorship, unaccountable judges, whitewashing history, divorce, NSA, No-Fly List, Undeclared Wars, Calvinism, party-line voting, infinite genders, Trump, Biden

Unashamed Virgin

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Tue May 22, 2018 8:55 am

Nova Anglicana WBC 43 Roster

Nickname: Lions
Acronym: NOV

Stadium

Stadium: Archbishop Stadium
Stadium Location: Londinium (capital), Newfoundland and Labrador
Stadium Capacity: 35,000
Distance to Walls: 315 to right with a high wall, 421 to right-center, 408 to straightaway center, 385 to left-center, 336 to left
Stadium Surface: Natural grass
Park Factor: 82, Archbishop Stadium is quite the pitcher's park

Archbishop Stadium is the home stadium of the Londinium Capitols as well as the Nova Anglican national team. It is big and it plays big, with a serious nighttime marine layer, an enormous right-center gap known as "Triples Alley" and an imposing right field wall. It's not as hard on right-handed hitters, but is a fly ball pitcher's paradise. Many people are seen in the bay outside of the stadium attempting to catch home runs hit into the water or simply cruising the bay while enjoying the sound of the game on the radio.

Starting Rotation (order as given)
RHP #44 Damon Singleton, 32 - fastball at 92-96, peaks at 98; very good slider out-pitch; change-up is okay, good control
LHP #20 Darren Lawson, 31 - primary pitch is a cutter at 92-93, also has a big curve, a sweet changeup, and a decent slider; good control and strikeout numbers
RHP #36 Ben Clayton, 29 - combines 96 MPH fastball with 81 MPH hammer curveball, developed a decent change and slider, strikes out a ton and walks a ton
LHP #19 Nate McLaughlin, 29 - fastball 90-92, with sharp curve and sweeping slider, tricky changeup as well
RHP #56 Damian Ryan, 29 - plus fastball at 93-95 with a good curveball, decent changeup and fringy slider; definite punch-out ability, but needs to get motion and walks under control; tall, slim frame

Bullpen
LHP #57 Thomas Wagner, 32 - tall and solidly built at 6'5, 220 pounds; 91 MPH fastball is only average, but has a good curveball and screwball, changeup and cutter are league average as well
LHP #48 Clay Wilkerson, 24 - three-pitch guy, 93-95 MPH fastball, 86 MPH changeup, 80 MPH 12-6 curve
LHP #46 Ricky Bass, 25 - lefty specialist with a submarine release, sweeping slurve is his best pitch
RHP #38 Charlie Bowers, 24 - fastball/curveball guy, can really pump it in there, averages 98 and can reach back for 101
RHP #16 Wyatt Templeton, 24 - starter will be unleashed in short stints for the NT, Murray wants to use him as an Andrew Miller/Josh Hader type, 97 with run on the fastball as a reliever, changeup and curveball with slider as the kill pitch
RHP #11 Matthew Drake, 31 - combines 95 MPH fastball with 80 MPH changeup, decent curve,
RHP #30 Lee Bradley, 31 - fastball 87-88 with a good amount of run, sharp slurve at 82 plus a decent changeup; submarine arm angle gets him a lot of outs, but stuff is legit
RHP #43 Casey Burke, 32 - former 9th round draft pick has burst on to the scene for Newfield, 150/48 K/BB ratio in 118 innings over past two years, fastball at 94-96, great changeup at 82, pretty decent hook as well
RHP #23 Nick Christensen, 30 - failed starter, but posted otherworldly 1.13 ERA last year as a reliever, combines 98 MPH fastball with 88 MPH slider

C #51 Max Pope, 28, (S/R) - whiz defensively behind the plate, upped his power in the past couple of seasons and has a great eye
C #18 Chris Floyd, 31, (R/R), - great bat for a catcher but still struggles with taking walks and avoiding strikeouts; good arm behind the plate but not very mobile, game-calling skills better now
C #60 Trevor Goodwin, 22, (L/R) - strong arm and mobile behind the plate, could be a 15/15 guy and hit .280

1B #21 Jake Bryan, 26, (L/L) - Bryan is a polished player who consistently challenges for MVP, great eye, superb defender, natural hitter with good power, speed and arm are below-average
3B #50 Seth Armstrong, 34, (R/R), - Armstrong has light-tower power and a strong arm, defense is only average, improved his average
SS #11 Brendan Wood, 33, (R/R) - hit tool is good, with both moderate power and good average, takes his fair share of walks as well, defense has really improved
2B #6 John Carr, 33, (R/R) - this guy is a human highlight reel, with amazing ball flips, over-the-shoulder catches, diving stops, and sweet double plays, can take a walk and hit some doubles, moderate speed as well, hitting for average has improved to get him this spot
3B #26 Marc Dufors, 22, (L/R) - can really pick it at the hot corner with a strong arm, streaky hitter who needs to develop his in-game power
MI #25 Tommy Moran, 23, (R/R), - slick fielder who can handle any infield position besides 1B, hits for average, takes walks, and steals bases, not much power to speak of, but a valuable player

OF #27 Ryan Glover, 30, (R/R) - 6-4, 225 pound frame, collects doubles in bunches with decent homers; strikeouts and walks galore; excellent defender and great arm
OF #35 Michael Holt, 33, (R/R) - only below-average tool is arm strength; has above-average speed and power; walks well and has cut down on strikeouts; defense has gotten a lot better
OF #29 Moses Deng, 30, (S/R) - speed is 80 on the 20-80 scale, arm is above-average, hit tool is average, fielding is above-average, power is below average,
OF #24 Matthew Gilbert, 21, (S/L) - ROY combines blazing speed with good range, a power bat, and a strong arm, still needs to boost his average and take a few more walks
OF #40 Chris Townsend, 32, (L/L) - defense is above-average with average arm; speed is a tick above average; a player who can play any outfield position; he can hit for average, defend, and take a walk, massive leap forward to get this job

Orlando Murray #55 (Manager)

Aubrey Bell #1 (Hitting Coach)

Greg Richardson #47 (Pitching Coach)

Dale Garner #9 (1st Base Coach)

Casey Cain #8 (3rd Base Coach)

Marcellus Maloney #15 (Bench Coach)

Rhett Upshaw #52 (Bullpen Coach)

Starting Lineup w/o DH
CF Moses Deng
LF Michael Holt
1B Jake Bryan
3B Seth Armstrong
RF Ryan Glover
SS Brendan Wood
2B John Carr
C Max Pope
P Pitcher's Spot

Starting Lineup w/DH
CF Moses Deng
LF Michael Holt
DH Seth Armstrong
1B Jake Bryan
RF Ryan Glover
3B Karl Austin
SS Brendan Wood
2B John Carr
C Max Pope

Choose my runscorers: Yes
Choose my lineup: No
Follow my pitching rotation: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but not serious ones. Back stiffness, jammed fingers, bruises, etc. Nothing that would keep them out of the lineup for more than 1 game. Reciprocity is expected.
Eject my players: No, but manager is fair game
Godmod other events: No
Use DH at home: No
Style Modifier: +1
Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Tue May 29, 2018 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Xelsis
Ambassador

Corporate Bordello

Postby Xelsis » Tue May 22, 2018 9:31 am

Pettering Park, Xelsis

The schedule for the WBC has been announced, but the ever-persistent Browning has his players going through practice on their home field already. Even with a lineup of veterans, his strict, old-school style demands constant work to ensure a smooth-functioning team, both in acclimating to what will be their home park, and ensuring an understanding of the complex system of signs set up specifically for the national team, a necessity in the small-ball-focused league, but one that also needed to be created from scratch, with any one of the players having an active interest in stealing signs from their current teammates, who will be opponents on other teams in the league as soon as the Classic is over.

Assigned into Group Six, the Xelsians will be facing off against the hosts of the tournament themselves in Cassadaigua, one of the best teams in the world, by ranking, as well as the seventeenth-ranked New Sangti, and a pair of other newcomers, as the Xelsians themselves were.

Their first match-up would see the Xelsians taking to the road, against Highton, followed by a home match against Brookspring, two contests against unranked teams, all setting up for the real challenge, going on the road in Cassadaigua for what was certain to be a difficult test to see if the Lightning were capable of running with the big boys.

It was those three matchups that were being prepped for, but, to the great frustration of Coach Browning, their scouting information was limited against the international opponents, making the pre-game practices must less directed, and, with that, much less effective. The best information they did have on hand was for Cassadaigua, and Browning was working over the plan alongside his coaches and the team's Captain, Swaztkova.

"It is actually an all-female team?" Swatzkova asked, and received a series of nods.

"They're ranked third in the world. Whatever it is those women have, it works." Browning noted in a low, stern, voice. "They will not be underestimated."

Another few nods were given, and hitting coach Mallar spoke up.

"I'm more interested in the fact that all of them are switch hitters."

"All of them?" Ciscok questioned.

"To a man. Well, woman. Strangest thing I've ever seen."

"It means that we'll have an entire lineup of lefthanders to handle. I'm starting Baker. Our best pitcher against the most difficult opponent we have to face." Browning affirmed. "I'm starting Smith at second base. We need the fielding upgrade if we're going to be seeing that much hitting on that side of the field. Deachrist will start at third. We'll need men getting on-base however they can against this pitching staff from what we've seen of them, and he's not much of a downgrade at third."

"Li will understand, but Buck isn't going to be happy about being pulled." Swatzkova warned.

"He'll have to deal with it. I don't care how long he's been around in the league, every player here is a rookie for this."

Swatzkova nodded. "Any other changes?"

"Lasitos is staying in. There's no one in the world better at throwing out stealers than him, and they have some fast ones. I don't care if he strikes out every time. No changes anywhere else. Deachrist will bat sixth, and Smith seventh."

"I'm worried about Nicholson." Ciscok spoke up. "Looks like a Triple-Crowner. Baker's the best we have, but I think we pitch around her. Maybe have Lasitos step out to the side..."

There was some grumbling at that, but Ciscok pleaded his case.

"Look, she's a killer from everything we know above her, but the bottom half of that lineup isn't that great. Every one of the first four is hitting over .330, and no one after that hits even .320. She's much more likely to drive someone else in than to be driven in."

Kendrick looked like he was ready to go off on a rant, but Browning, surprisingly, interrupted him.

"If the situation calls for it-then we'll do it."

Ciscok looked surprised to have gotten his way, but didn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Browning glanced around the table. "Until we get any more information on these other teams, we're giving Harlo the first start, and keeping Rumenoss pitching here at home. We need a ground-baller with this park. No changes to the starting lineup for either of those games. Any questions?"

No one had any.

"Then let's get back to work."

The players finished up their stretches and warmups as the coaches headed onto the field to get them going on their drills. The tournament would begin soon.
Last edited by Xelsis on Tue May 22, 2018 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Evangelical Protestantism, womens' rights, chastity, limited government, free markets, right to bear arms, traditional marriage, free speech, competition, honesty, transparency, voucher systems, private unions, police accountability and demilitarization, sentencing reform, decentralization, states' rights, free discussion of ideas, the British "u", trial by combat, exclusionary rule, Red, Arminianism.
Anti: Statism, communism, socialism, racism, abortion, censorship, adultery, premarital sex, same-sex intercourse, public unions, SJWs, classroom censorship, unaccountable judges, whitewashing history, divorce, NSA, No-Fly List, Undeclared Wars, Calvinism, party-line voting, infinite genders, Trump, Biden

Unashamed Virgin

New Jarwel
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jarwel » Tue May 22, 2018 10:28 am

New Jarwelian National Team

After a 14-16 finish in the group stage last year, the New Jarwelian national baseball team is coming back this year (WITH A ROSTER THIS TIME). With talented players from all over the NJBL, the New Jarwelian team looks to have a bright future in the tournament. So without further ado, here is your New Jarwelian National Baseball Team.

Stadium - Foothills Stadium
Location - Calgary, New Jarwel
Capacity - 6,000
Dimensions - Left – 345 ft; Centre – 400 ft; Right – 345 ft

Manager: Petteri Voll, Age 68
Career Managing Record (Twenty-Eight Seasons)- 2431-2105- Calgary Aces (JBL)
A veteran manager, Petteri Voll has been managing in JBL for 28 years and for all 28 of those years, he's managed the Calgary Aces. Considered by many to be the most inspirational manager of all time, Petteri Voll has motivated his Aces at any position they've been in. Whether they were a cellar dweller like they were when he got there, to the perennial contender they've become since, Petteri has always been there.

Roster

Starting Rotation
#1- Niklas Christensen, Age 35, RHP
Career Stats (Fifteen Seasons)- 199-132, 2.26 ERA, 3487 K's- Edmonton Flyers (JBL)
One of the best Jarwelian pitchers of recent memory, Niklas Christensen has been dominating hitters with his large 6'9 frame and blazing fastball for 15 years now. Along with his heater that can reach 100 MPH at times, he also throws a knee-buckling curve that have had a many batters falling down. If that's not enough to worry you he also has a deadly backdoor slider that can go from just about hitting you, to straight down the middle. He also will occasionally bust out a vulcanchange. With all the tools to succeed in the major's there's no reason why he can't dominate the international scene.

#2- Paavo Gunnarsen, LHP Age 24
Career Stats (Three Seasons)- 59-13, 2.39 ERA, 687 K's- Montreal Bulldogs (JBL),
After going from unknown college prospect, to becoming one of the most talked about pitchers in the JBL, Paavo Gunnarsen has been rising for the past three years, going from 8th in the Pitcher of the Year voting, to 5th last year, and at the end of this season he got runner-up. While he doesn't have as wide a variety of pitches as some other pitchers, only throwing a fastball, curveball, and a knuckleball, he uses those pitches to such perfection that he hasn't needed to learn any more pitches. Already considered one of the best knuckleball pitchers of all time due to the few pitchers that have used it, his knuckleballer is considered almost un-hittable by anyone who has tried to hit it.

#3- Gunilla Pajari, LHP, Age 25
Career Stats (Four Seasons)- 84-13, 2.32 ERA, 869 K's- Whitehorse Great North (YBL)
After going undrafted in the JBL draft, the self-proclaimed "Swedish Goddess" Gunilla Pajari thought her chances of baseball stardom were over. She has given a second chance in the new YBL (Yukon Baseball League). Since then it seems like she might get a second chance at the JBL in the coming JBL draft. In her four years of the YBL she's won 20 games every year and was in the top three in Pitcher of the Year voting including winning it two years ago. With a elite sinker, a slurve, a knucklecurve, and a palmball that she's combined to get many strikeouts over the past four years. With a combination of those pitches, Gunilla should have no problem striking out international batters.

#4- Nils Feldt RHP, Age 26
Career Stats (Five Seasons)- 87-31, 2.73 ERA, 1107 K's- Vancouver Sailors (WPBL)
Another dominant pitcher from a small league, Nils Feldt has been on top of the Western Professional Baseball League for the past five years with almost no competition. While the league has always been offensively based, there have only been six seasons where pitchers had a sub 3.00 ERA, Nils has five of them. With the power of his cutter, 12-6 curve, screwball, and circle-change Nils has thrown four no-hitters and a perfect game, those no-hitters being the only in league history. Barely spotted by the national team, he was only seen when manager Petteri Voll was forced to go to a Vancouver Sailors game when a larger college game was canceled. He impressed in that one game and got noticed by Petteri who then scouted him fully and brought him onto the national team.

#5- Helga Engman LHP, Age 17
Career Stats (One Season)- 39-2, 0.87 ERA, 361 K's- Iqaluit Iceheads (NPBL)
After a completely dominate year in the Northern Professional Baseball League, Helga Engman got noticed after single-handedly getting her league noticed after getting early baseball-like stats with almost 40 wins and a sub-one ERA and over 350 strikeouts. Expected to go into JBL after one more season in the NPBL, the World Baseball Classic should be another area to get her noticed on the international baseball scene.

Bullpen
Gry Jakobsen, LHP, Age 18
Career Stats (One Season)- 22-4, 1.56 ERA, 198 K's- Iqaluit Iceheads (NPBL)
Apart of the dominant one-two punch that Iqaluit Iceheads dominate the NPBL with, Gry Jakobsen is one of the most physically dominating female baseball players in the whole nation, standing at 6"8. Throwing a hard fastball and a changeup that still reaches 90 MPH, Gry may not have a lot of diversity in her pitches but it has been enough in the NPBL. Expected to move to a closing spot when she reaches the JBL, the bullpen is where she will be for the classic.

Angela Romanov, RHP, Age 26
Career Stats (Four Seasons)- 89-21, 2.98 ERA, 765 K's- Winnipeg Towers (JBL)
Angela and her twin sister Karina have dominated the JBL for four years now after being a dominate 1-2 punch at University at British Columbia. The two were lucky when the Winnipeg Towers traded up to get the pick after there first pick selecting Angela with the first pick and Karina with the second pick. They were Co-Rookies Of The Year and Co-Pitcher's Of The Year after equally dominate seasons and since then have led the Towers to many great seasons.

Karina Romanov, RHP, Age 26
Career Stats (Four Seasons)- 94-19, 2.74 ERA, 748 K's- Winnipeg Towers (JBL)
Karina and her twin sister Angela have dominated the JBL for four years now after being a dominate 1-2 punch at University at British Columbia. The two were lucky when the Winnipeg Towers traded up to get the pick after there first pick selecting Angela with the first pick and Karina with the second pick. They were Co-Rookies Of The Year and Co-Pitcher's Of The Year after equally dominate seasons and since then have led the Towers to many great seasons.

Mark Lindgren, RHP, Age 31
Career Stats (Nine Seasons)- 169-53, 2.97 ERA, 1845 K's- Toronto Leafers (JBL)
A talented pitcher who may not quite be at the level of some of the award winning pitchers on the national team, Mark Lindgren is still one of the best locker-room presences and is easily one of the hardest working players in the whole JBL and especially on the New Jarwelian national team. With six pitches in his arsenal, a four-seamer, a two-seamer, and curveball, a slider, a circle-changeup, and a forkball. The amount of pitches he throws, the precision he throws them with, and his submarine windup have led him to league-wide respect and domination.

Vappu Partanen, LHP, Age 43
Career Stats (Twenty-Five Seasons)- 405-137, 2.89 ERA, 4357 K's- Calgary Aces (JBL)
The only Calgary pitcher that manager Petteri brought on, Vappu is the most experience player on the team, the most experience player in the league, as well as being the first female baseball player who played in the JBL. In 25 years she's won over 400 games, has over 4000 strikeouts, and has been the face of the Calgary Aces. While her ability has diminished since she still has the ability to outpitch many pitchers. Brought onto the team for her Calgary loyalty, her ability, and most importantly, her ability to lead a locker room. With her career winding down, this is a perfect opportunity to make herself known outside of New Jarwel.

Mats Horn, RHP, Age 26
Career Stats (Seven Seasons)- 131-32, 3.12 ERA, 1999 K's- Windsor Rivers (JBL)
A talented prospect who's already had a good start, Mats Horn looks to be a useful part of any rotation in any league. While he may never be a hall of fame caliber superstar, he will always be a well-respected rotation anchor. One of the most respected players on the Rivers roster, Mats will likely be the setup man for most of the tournament for his teammate Johanne Winther. He may be overlooked going into the classic but he will for sure put in some of the most important bullpen work outside of Johanne.

Johanne Winther, LHP, Age 31
Career Stats (Nine Seasons)- 387 SV's, 1.67 ERA, 474 K's- Windsor Rivers (JBL)
One of the best closers in Jarwelian baseball history, Johanne Winther has been anchoring the Windsor bullpen for many years now and has been a favorite of national team manager Petteri Voll who has tried to acquire the star closer for many years. With a high 90's fastball, a back-door slider, and a sweeping curve, Johanne Winther has been a difficult closer for everyone in the Jarwelian Baseball League and looks to be a devastating force in the classic.

Lineup
SS- Godtfred Mustonen, LHB, Age 27
Career Stats (Six Years)-.307 BA, 31 HR's, 328 RBI's, 547 SB's- Ottawa Firebirds (JBL)
The fleet footed shortstop Godtfred Mustonen has gained a reputation as being one of the fastest players in the JBL, with at least fifty stolen bases in his first six seasons in the league. While he won't knock in that many runs, he is always a dependable run-scorer. Statistics have even shown that almost a third of the time he gets on first base, he attempts to steal second. Pitchers and catchers have known this for many years but Godtfred has been so fast even with pitch outs it's hard to get him out. Unless injury stops him, Godtfred looks well on his way to 1000 stolen bases on his career.

LF- Katrina Rautio, RHB, Age 36
Career Stats (Fifteen Seasons)-.297 BA, 303 HR's, 1237 RBI's, 306 SB's- Ottawa Firebirds (JBL)
A player who constantly get's twenty-twenty seasons, Katrina Rautio is one of the best all-round players on the time. Whether it's her flashy fielding out in left, her ability to knock in runs, or her fast feet, Katrina has been the anchor of the Ottawa lineup along with Godtfred Mustonen for the past four years. A veteran of the league she started off in Calgary but was involved in a blockbuster trade which sent her to Ottawa. This year she will play with one of the players that was also involved in that trade, Katharina Engström.

2B- Katharina Engström, RHB, Age 27
Career Stats (Five Seasons)-.309 BA, 153 HR's, 463 RBI's, 56 SB's- Calgary Aces (JBL)
A clutch, consistent, and dominating second-basemen, Katharina has been a dominant part of the Calgary Ace lineup that has been dominating the JBL for the past couple of years, hitting over .300 and hitting at least thirty home runs every year. While she started off on the Ottawa Firebirds she was unhappy with her spot on the infield, she requested a trade. While Ottawa was hesitant they were also desperate, so they traded Katharina and a few other prospects for the at the time struggling Katrina Rautio. Since then it looks like the trade has benefited both teams.

DH- Snorre Ahlström, Switch, Age 39
Career Stats (Twenty One Seasons)-.335 BA, 617 HR's, 2,011 RBI's, 627 SB's- Montreal Bulldogs (JBL)
One of the JBL's biggest stars of all time, Snorre Ahlström may be criticized by some baseball purists for being a designated hitter but many older fans remember his slick fielding ability she had in his early twenties before injury forced him to DH. She's always been one of the best power hitters and is currently in the top five for all-time home runs. He is not strictly a power hitter though, as when he wants to he can get a single and then steal his way towards second and third. While his speed has dropped since early in his career he still has used it to become the first and as of this year the only member of the 600-600 club. Getting late in his career many think Snorre still has a few good years in him to reach a few more milestones.

1B- Hulda Ahlberg, RHB, Age 26
Career Stats (Four Seasons)-.305 BA, 123 HR's, 412 RBI's, 7 SB's- Vancouver Sailors (WPBL)
Hulda Ahlberg came into the world during a baseball game. She would spend 25 of her next 26 birthdays at a ball game, with her playing in one on 15 of those birthdays. The daughter of crazed sports fans, she was raised on sports and it was no surprise when she took up the sport that most of the family in the family had taken, baseball. Her mother Katharina Ahlberg was a legend at the local high school where Hulda would also become a legend. Hulda Ahlberg dominated her high school career then went on to become a school legend at the University of Winnipeg, leading them to three national titles. She entered the WPBL instead of the bigger JBL hoping to stay near home and be drafted by her hometown team, the Sailors. Her wishes came true and she was the third pick In the draft when she was drafted by the Vancouver Sailors. After dominating every year with at least 30 HR's and 100 RBI's every year along with hitting .300 plus, she's been selected to play on the national team.

3B- Tom Leonardsen, LHB, Age 36
Career Stats (Seventeen Seasons)-.299 BA, 499 HR's, 1594 RBI's, 18 SB's- Toronto Leafers (JBL)
Handling the hot corner, Tom Leonardsen has been handling that position in the bigs for seventeen years now. Always respected by fans, staff, and other players, Tom has been a team-player since day one and has been a true iron man, missing only fifteen games in his seventeen year career. While playing through all those games may be taking years away from his career, he still enjoy's playing everyday no matter how much pain it brings. He also is one point away from a career .300 batting average and is one home run away from 500 career home runs. While he may not be completely elite for the classic, he will still be a valuable player to the team.

C- Lovisa Lager, RHB, Age 20 (JBL)
Career Stats (Three Years)-.354 BA, 123 HR's, 347 RBI's, 189 SB's- Quebec City Freedom (JBL)
Lovisa, was one of the biggest underdogs coming in to her rookie year. After being introduced to baseball by a family friend when she was nine she instantly enjoyed It, joining her first baseball team the day after. She came into her high school one of the weakest hitters on the team. By the time she graduated High School she was hitting long ball after long ball. She came straight out of High School to the JBL draft which shocked many due to the fact she could have been a star at any college she could have wanted to go to. But she suppressed many again by being drafted In the first round by the struggling Quebec City Freedom with the 11th pick. She came into the season as the short 5"4 hitter that many thought to be a small speedster. When she came she showed she had power hitting 42 HR's and knocking In 124 RBI's to go with 79 SB's. She continued with her power and speed combination which surprised many. She looks like she could be one of the best players of all time.

RF- Aina Johansen, LHB, Age 31
Career Stats (Twelve Years)-.287 BA, 116 HR's, 1,097 RBI's, 989 SB's- Calgary Aces (JBL)
One of the fastest baseball players on the planet, Aina Johansen has been blazing the base paths for twelve years and is already only eleven stolen bases away from the magical 1,000 mark. Averaging over 80 stolen bases a year, nobody has even came close to the levels of speed that Aina has. Outside of baseball Aina has used her speed to become a track sensation, almost making the Olympics and dominating the countries competitions. Last year though she suffered a serious leg injury that forced her to not be able to practice or train so her speed is doubted for the classic. Petteri Voll took a chance though and has put her at the eight spot.

CF- Britt Guldbrandsen, RHB, Age 23
Career Stats (One Year)-.389 BA, 45 HR's, 134 RBI's, 67 SB's- Calgary Aces (JBL)
Another member of Petteri Voll's sensational Ace's offense, Britt Guldbrandsen is coming off of one of the greatest rookie seasons of all time, which saw her flirt with .400 almost all year, hit 45 home runs, knock in 134 RBI's and steal 67 bases. Easily the brightest prospect in all of baseball, unless injury or a bad attitude develop, Britt should easily become a superstar. For now though her focus is going to be to get noticed on the international scene with a great performence in this years World Baseball Classic.

Bench
IF- Aimée Paquet, SWITCH, Age 24
Career Stats (Three Seasons)- .287 BA, 58 HR's, 253 RBI's, 148 SB's- Quebec City Freedom (JBL)
A proud member of the French-Jarwelian community, Aimee Paquet is one of the few players on the team who doesn't have Scandinavian roots. She has always been proud to talk about her French heritage, and currently is the best French-Jarwelian baseball player in the JBL. Playing for her hometown team, she's been the poster girl of the team since she was in their minor league system. A talented all-round player who especially has speed, stealing around fifty bases in her first three seasons. While her youth is holding her back from being a starter on the national team, she looks to be a valuable member of the team.

IF- Henrik Amundsen, LHB, Age 28
Career Stats (Eleven Seasons)-.278 BA, 285 HR's, 973 RBI's, 387 SB's- Halifax Fishers (JBL)
One part of the only wife-husband combinations in the JBL, Henrik and his wife Merit have been a deadly double play combination at short and second for eleven years. Both had a passion for baseball for many years and both went into the JBL draft after playing at the same college. Early in the tenth round the Halifax Fishers had back-to-back picks and took the chance of getting the two newlyweds back-to-back. It has worked out well with both being productive successful players as shown in both of them making the national team. The future looks bright for the couple.

IF- Merit Amundsen, RHB, Age 29
Career Stats (Eleven Seasons)-.297 BA, 38 HR's, 786 RBI's, 412 SB's- Halifax Fishers (JBL)
One part of the only wife-husband combinations in the JBL, Merit and her husband Henrik have been a deadly double play combination at short and second for eleven years. Both had a passion for baseball for many years and both went into the JBL draft after playing at the same college. Early in the tenth round the Halifax Fishers had back-to-back picks and took the chance of getting the two newlyweds back-to-back. It has worked out well with both being productive successful players as shown in both of them making the national team. The future looks bright for the couple.

IF- Jon Ljunggren, LHB, Age 27
Career Stats (Nine Seasons)- .301 BA, 187 HR's, 698 RBI's, 683 SB's- Windsor Rivers (JBL)
A speedy infielder from the Yukon, Jon Ljunggren is one of the shortest players in all off baseball standing at just 5"3. He has used his height to his advantage getting many walks and using his small frame to avoid tags. His ability to avoid tags and his natural speed have made Jon one of the best base stealer's in the league. While he may be small he still has he ability to crush the ball out of the park but he's used his speed to get quite a few inside-the-park-home-runs.

OF- Synnöve Alvarsson, RHB, Age 23
Career Stats (Five Seasons)-.286, 243 HR's, 476 RBI's, 1 SB- Edmonton Flyers (JBL)
On the opposite side of the spectrum from Jon Ljunggren, Synnöve Alvarsson is one of the tallest players on the team at 6"7 and has some mean power packed into her frame. She can also hit for contact if she wants but the only thing keeping her out of the starting lineup is her complete lack of speed. While that speed limits her on base running and fielding she does have a cannon for a arm and can easily throw out a runner going to third from right field.

OF- Rolf Ármannsson, LHB, Age 28
Career Stats (Ten Seasons)-.283, 199 HR's, 853 RBI's, 256 SB's- Halifax Flyers (JBL)
Not the most elite player on the team, Rolf Ármannsson, is one of the most well-rounded consistent players on the national team. That consistency was why he was selected to be the last player selected to be on the national team. Feeling lucky to be on the team Rolf Ármannsson is looking to make the best of his opportunity.

Lineups with DH:
1. SS Godtfred Mustonen
2. LF Katrina Rautio
3. 2B Katharina Engström
4. DH Snorre Ahlström
5. 1B Hulda Ahlberg
6. 3B Tom Leonardsen
7. C Lovisa Lager
8. RF Aina Johansen
9. CF Britt Guldbrandsen
Lineups without DH:
1. SS Godtfred Mustonen
2. LF Katrina Rautio
3. 2B Katharina Engström
4. 1B Hulda Ahlberg
5. 3B Tom Leonardsen
6. C Lovisa Lager
7. RF Aina Johansen
8. CF Britt Guldbrandsen
9. Pitcher

Choose my lineup: No
Follow my Pitching Rotation: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes but if something more than the rest of the game TG me.
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes
Eject my players: Yes but no more than one a game.
DH used at home: Yes
Godmod other events: Yes but nothing insane.
Other Info: Very aggressive base stealing team. Due to being international starter never goes more than six innings unless having really good start.

Last edited by New Jarwel on Wed May 23, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brookspring
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

World Baseball Classic 43- Everything Thread

Postby Brookspring » Tue May 22, 2018 6:34 pm

Brookspring Kiwi’s

Manager- Lou Cavalini
Bench coach- Dave Rodriguez
Hitting Coach - Sam Haggerty
Pitching coach- Mark Hughes
1st base coach- Ryan Dart
3rd base coach- Daryl King

Cather- Fred Molina #76 (Left/Right)
1st Baseman- Mike Moriarty #5(Left/Left)
2nd Baseman- Daniel Jacobs #10(Switch/Right)
Shortstop- Marcus Thomas #3(Left/Right)
3rd Baseman- Chad Taylor # 52(Right/Right)
Left Field- LaMarcus Todd #17 ( Right/Right)
Center Field- Ethan Kidd #64 (Left/ Right)
Right Field- Ben Fields #13 (Right/ Right)

Starters
Charlie Nova #22 LHP
Kris O’Connor #1 RHP
David Chatwood #73 LHP
James Quintana # 32 LHP
Carl Hayward #7 RHP

Bullpen-
Jae Nunez #99 RHP
Eddie Rosario # 35 LHP
Jose Massie #72 RHP
Sam Hanson # 81 RHP
Trevor Cook #95 LHP
John Maldenaldo #0 RHP

Closer-
Alejandro Salinias LHP

Bench-
1B/3B - Ron Gallager #51 (Left/Right)
OF- Richard Espossito # 2 (Switch/ Left)
C- Daryl Washington #43 (Left/Left)
2nd/SS-Luis Chavez # 29 (Switch/ Right)

Lineup
Daniel Jacobs
Lamarcus Todd
Ben Fields
Mike Moriarty
Chad Taylor
Marcus Thomas
Fred Molina
Ethan Kidd
Pither- DH: Richard Esposito

Brookspring National Stadium-

Stadium Capacity- 47,943

The Stadium was finished in early April 2018. It was a part of the Brookspring International Sporting Commission that was set about by the Sports Minister Turner in August 2017. So far the team has played two friendly regional games against The Dictatorship of The United Slavic States and The Republic of Waragon. Brookspring, however, has been deeply enriched in baseball culture for some time as players for the Federation have left to play overseas. The stadium early has proven to be a Hitters park since heavy winds blowing out are common at the Park.

Friendly Game Results-

5 BSPG USS 3 W
2 BSPG RW 4 L
Last edited by Brookspring on Tue May 22, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Tue May 22, 2018 8:03 pm

Number 1 of 8 in sonnet sequence:

Sonnet 1

Oh, lover dearest, teach me ever all
The ways in which you make me feel your bliss.
In all our days, it seems I do recall
A tender feeling tied tight to your kiss.
Far be it from the ways in which I write
To compliment a woman moderate,
But thee, a spotless virgin dressed in white,
Do make my heart float at a lighter weight.
Thy face doth prove the mighty pow’r of God,
Thine eyes like pearls of heav’n shined from of old,
Thy lips too red to bless this earthly sod,
Thy touch too pure to warm my hand you hold.
And yet, you bless me with your tender touch,
Myself, a mortal, earning nothing such.
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Tue May 22, 2018 9:52 pm

Sporting World

WBC 43 Preview
by: Clarice Cormier

The World Baseball Classic is back! After a legendary tournament last year that saw 54 teams compete, with 18 earning a trip to our Federation for the playoffs. Ultimately, Super-Llamaland tied Newmanistan's record for most titles by defeating Darmen 4 games to 1 in the finals to win their 5th WBC title. There were lots of memorable games and the new Baseinator logistics firm founded by the X Baseball League proved its ability to compete with the legendary combo of Xkoranate and NSFS. Now, it is time for the 43rd annual World Baseball Classic and this tournament is bigger than ever before. A record 75 national teams are competing this year, including the long-awaited returns of famous teams like Saintland and Liventia.

To accommodate the record field, Cassadaigua's Association for Baseball has taken the unprecedented step of splitting the tournament into 15 groups of 5 with a new format that will see 32 teams advance to the playoffs, not 16. This came as welcome news in the Free Republics since our national team had failed to qualify for the playoffs last year despite putting up a winning record. However, the Free Republics National Baseball Team, LLC has elected not to rest on our laurels. Instead, they have fired former manager Daniel Kroupa and replaced him with Kyle Thomas. Mr. Thomas immediately elected to replace most of the team. Only 4 players from the previous Free Republics National Baseball Team are returning.

The 4 returning players are starting pitcher Zac Gatehouse, center fielder Ferrau Bergeron, second baseman Ethan Joyner and first baseman Oskar Bjorgum. Zac Gatehouse is coming off of a season where he was named the Pitcher of the Year in the XBL after leading the New City Time Bombs to a pennant with 22 wins and a 2.52 ERA. He will be the ace of the team. The other 26 spots on the roster went to new additions from a variety of different leagues spread across the Free Republics. The most notable of these new additions are the additions of several female players, including Taiyouese-Republican superstar Honomi Kamei of the Republica Vipers. Famous for her extremely aggressive approach at the plate and her elite 5-tool talent, Kamei almost singlehandedly carried a dreadful Republica Vipers team otherwise filled with replacement level players from top to bottom to a 66 win season, hitting .374 with 56 doubles, 17 triples, 18 home runs (including 5 inside the park home runs!) and 40 stolen bases while striking out just 14 times on the season. Another notable lady on the Republican National Team is Nejax Horns closer Luana Cremonesi, niece of former National Team starter and new pitching coach Aimone Cremonesi. Luana's freshman year was legendary as she managed a 0.31 ERA during the regular season and a 0.00 ERA during the RCAA Tournament to help the Horns hook a National Championship.

The Republican National Team was drawn into Group 7 with 3 unranked teams and 5th ranked Darmen. Darmen were the runners-up a year ago, losing the finals to Super-Llamaland 4 games to 1. The WBC 25 champions are a formidable threat and their squad is virtually identical to the one that finished second last year. The most noticeable difference is the addition of Florent Grünewald who will take Itamar Arnold's spot as a backup corner infielder. Arnold was shot and killed in a Latroit parking garage shortly after his team's 12-1 victory in game 5 of their Round of 16 series against Newmanistan. Latroit police still regard this case as unsolved and reportedly have no leads at the moment. In light of this tragedy and the recent wave of mass shootings in our Federation, Republican National Baseball Team, LLC has filmed public service announcements encouraging members of the public to carry a firearm at all times and to know how to utilize it properly in defense of public safety. They have also urged their opponents to carry guns or, at the very least, ensure that their players are protected by armed security at all time and if you're recklessly running around the streets of Latroit unarmed, make sure you stay in well-traveled areas.

With that common sense safety advice out of the way, I should mention that the odds from RepubliBet have Darmen at 2 to 3 to make the playoffs and 7 to 1 to win the WBC. For the Free Republics, the odds are 2 to 1 to make the playoffs and 50 to 1 to win the WBC. The other teams in the group are 10 to 1 to make the playoffs and 1000 to 1 to win the WBC. In other words, if Midand, West Guam or Acapais pulls a Schiltzberg and wins this WBC on their first try, whatever fools bet on them to pull it off are going to make lots of money. The WBC starts tomorrow with the Free Republics traveling to Midand. The home opener against West Guam will be played the following day at Family Farmers Field in Mortonsville. Around 3000 tickets to that game are still available. We'll be sure to keep you informed of the Republican National Team's progress as the WBC gets underway but if you want to see the team play for yourself you can watch the games live on FBC, which now has exclusive broadcast rights to the World Baseball Classic in the Free Republics.

Clarice Cormier is Sporting World's international baseball correspondent and our lead beat writer for the Republica Vipers of the X Baseball League. She is a graduate of the Barteaux University School of Journalism and an alumnus of the Barjavel Academy at Republica. Clarice is a former cheerleader who has always been a huge baseball fan. After graduating college, she decided that she would rather do sportswriting instead of political reporting and, luckily for her, Sporting World has always been happy to hire young journalists straight out of college. She has also appeared in our annual lingerie issue 5 years in a row!
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Mezropolis
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mezropolis » Wed May 23, 2018 12:06 am

Mezrograd Graduate
Baseball Fever

We managed to catch up with the Mezi team that's been selected to represent us in the World Baseball Classic. It was a normal training day at Hoek Boulevard, the stadium sleepy aside from the crack of the bat and pop of the glove, as well as a couple of league officials making the rounds to ensure everything was fit for the first international game it would play host to. Manager Anoek Schram was kind enough to let our staff onto the field to ask some questions of the players, like if they were excited to be some of the first non-politician Mezis to represent us to the outside world.

"Uh. I hadn't really thought about it like that, really. Huh." -Thalia Bezuidenhout, LF
"I mean, is it that big a deal? Playing more baseball is always cool, but I think most Mezis are more excited by the league season." -Ties Van Houtum, 2B
"I'm just happy to show that I can strike anyone, from anywhere, out." -Thera Kolen, RP

Did they have any thoughts on the teams they'd been drawn with?

"I recognize Ethane, but mostly from watching the World Cup." -Edgard Van Ogtrop, SS
"Can't say I know much about USAR, but it's always good to see another proud socialist peoples." -Ghyslaine Meeuwsen, 3B
"Anthor? You mean the one with the dashes?" -Jeroen Van Hautum, SP

How'd they feel about their playoff chances?

"I don't take anything for granted, and we're new to the scene. It'll be a learning experience." -Anoek Schram, manager
"We're probably going to get run over, but it'll still be a good time." -Coos Lachapelle, 1B
"As long as I'm on the mound anything can happen." -Voula Van Dael, SP

Finally, as a mixed-gender team, did they have an opinion on the recent news that some teams won't provide separate dressing rooms?

"Uh. No, not really. We're all professionals, there's no problem sharing a space." -Thalia Bezuidenhout, LF
"I always wondered why other nations bother with single-gender teams. Apparently it's because they can't handle seeing a tit." -Noèle Admiraal, RP
"We are here to play baseball, right?" -Timo De With, C

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Wed May 23, 2018 12:18 am

THE HINODEJIN EMPIRE'S NATIONAL BASEBALL TEAM
THE GEARS

Managed by the recently promoted Minister of Technology, Prince Eiji, the Gears are actually a team of androids (with a cyborg in the middle), meant to present the impressive talents and technology of the Empire to the rest of the realms. Not to say they're a lavish squad, but still, there's some novelty to it. Additionally, the Empire will play their games at the Misei City Arena, home of the Misei City Yorozuya, currently an NSBL side and, in the future, a Hinodejin Baseball League team.

NUM.	POS.	NAME			AGE	G	"TEAM"				NOTES
LINEUP
#38 RF Ernesto GEPPETTO 16 M Geppetto Works Swore by the creator of this wooden-like android that he was granted life by fairies. Dekus still believe he's one of them.
#16 C Nanako "B-16" Shijo 22 F Chaolan Zaibatsu One of the earlier Android lines of Chaolan, the Bs serve mostly for construction of automobiles and motorcycles. This one plans to work as a bus driver in the future.
#22 1B Astroboy SCHARZEWELT 15 M Schwarz-Weiss Zaibatsu An actual pet project of one of the SWZ's engineers, spends most of the time with his dad.
#01 2B Luna Torra DI MARTI 19 F Enrico Vespuccio's Engineering Owner of one of the meanest hits of the team, works as a construction worker.
#16 SS Dulmode Haya SANZ 16 F Mineradora de Tarragona Created by a couple of tech-savvy Hylian workers to help out mining, she's named after legendary deity Dulmode. Empress Satomi II was not amused.
#99 LF Josuke HIKARI 19 M Ikki Zaibatsu Built in the image of one Jotaro Kujo. Yare yare daze indeed.
#33 CF Tsusei KERORO 20 M Somei-Yoshino Tech. Univ. Currently, the first ever android built by the SYTU yet to break down. Built after Ryusei, the Pekoponian suit for Kururu.
#77 3B Taro SHIPPAISHITE 20 M Tetsunomo Zaibatsu Built to serve as a National Lottery bot, his entire gimmick being of lottery-related puns. Still needs to work on his craft though.
#42 OF Ryoko TERAJIMA 22 F Terajima Zaibatsu The result of an owner with a strong obsession over his daughter (that had passed away at age 4), Ryoko's been groomed to lead the Terajima Zaibatsu whenever he passes on.

BENCH

#60 1B/2B Kiko MASHINOKUCHI 19 M Ikki Zaibatsu Supposed to serve as a high-quality Boxing Training android, this one happens to be the first of his line, hence it being kept by Ikki Zaibatsu instead of taking punches.
#45 3B/SS Toru "F-45" HEIWASHIMA 17 M Chaolan Zaibatsu Chaolan's F line of androids was built to serve any sort of navy, with an emphasis on actual luxury cruises. This one in particular plans to move to the former region of England with the money from this tournament's wages.
#17 OF Kensaku ENJO 17 M Mezatansaku Company Built by the then fledging Mezantansaku Company, Kensaku served to help power the company's search engine, making it into one of the most popular of the Empire. Now, he looks for a new job.
#45 OF KIM Na-Na 18 F United Clothing Works Currently serving as UCW's top model... who also happens to be an android. Another case of a player here just for the publicity.
#08 C Azumi SHIZENOTOME 23 F Karantane Biological Institute Android built by the Institution in order to investigate new species from a safe distance. While it's clear she suffered quite a lot from the wear and tear, she's willing to take part in the sport.
#09 2B/3B Senjo SEISHU 25 M Somei-Yoshino Tech. Univ. An actual gift from the National Institute of Technology to Somei-Yoshino Tech, Senjo is mostly a regulation bot.
ROTATION
#64 SP Totoro TOKUCHI 21 M Misei City Tech. Academy The team's sole cyborg,
#02 SP Mina HATSUNE 17 F National Sound Works Hinode's first ever fabricated pop star... or at least an attempt at that. She was sent in order to gain publicity for NSW's efforts.
#80 SP Arale NORIMAKI 27 F Norimaki Engineering The first ever Android built by Norimaki Engineering's patriarch. Ironically, while she's the oldest of the bunch, she acts and looks like a child. Her wages on the tournament are to be used for her actual upgrade into an adult body.
#32 SP Nana "BREEZIE" Tsuda 19 F Dreamland Entertainment Modeled after a popular children's movie character that is sort of an ice princess. A bit grumpy over how she won't be able to throw snowballs instead of actual baseballs.
#54 SP Taki "HACKER" Nanawa 20 F National Tech University An android built specifically to mess with the All Nations' Database. Her code is apparently traced back to what was used by "The Fox" to mess with the data on Northern Sunrise.
BULLPEN
#21 RP Yo-Yui JI 23 F Wukong Engineering Built by the Tentai-based specialists from Wukong Engineering with the idea of rivalling main island bots. She's designed after the legend of Sun Wukong as well.
#36 RP Hatori MAHHA 25 M Somei-Yoshino Jockey Circuit An android built to be a horse racer. Alas, horse racing has yet to hit the level of popularity it did during the Sunrisian days... he's here for publicity for the races.
#03 RP Shyamala Patil SHENAKKA 19 F Shenakka Engineering A disciple of Enrico Vespuccio, Zenyatta Shenakka took to creating her own daughters. As the first one, she was granted the title of Patil (or village chief), weirdly enough.
#55 RP Makoto "MK-II" Kojima 20 M Project Patriot Snake Zanzibar Raiden Kojima's little brother and the Project's first legit android, he had an easier time finding another purpose in life. Helps he was pretty much meant to be the map instructor to Raiden and just that.
#48 RP Zheng "SUPERCOP" Yi 22 M Tentai Police Department As mandated by the Mayor of Tentai (then Empress) Taki, the Tentai PD was the first to feature a sector designed specifically for androids. Zheng Yi was the first creation of the TPD, earning the nickname Supercop as a result.
#80 RP "BUTTERFLY" Alagh Yi-Il 23 F Project Diva Mikatsu The first creation of eccentric scientist Diva Mikatsu, mixing the appearance of a girl and a butterfly, this android's plan is to get an update that could hide her butterfly wings, letting her use regular shirts instead of just tube tops.
#52 CP Jain SHIMAZU 19 F Tsushike Technocircus One of the many creations built just for the circus, this Android is familiar with performing magic tricks. She's taking up the invitation to get publicity for the circus.
#39 CP Chulgetei OLZII 20 M Bounji Farming Company The first of a couple of androids create to work on the Bounji Farms in the Northern portion of former Mongolia, Chulgetei is as strong as an ox... shame it doesn't really play up since he prefers to be a pitcher.

RP PERMISSIONS
They're a bunch of androids. You can beat them up and all but they'll return next match like usual. Also, they're not all that bright to baseball, so them messing up on the sport is pretty acceptable. Go nuts.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Wed May 23, 2018 5:15 am

The Bulletin: Arnao is back for his fourth WBC as manager of the Lumai after a return to the playoffs in WBC 42. However, his seat is still hot, and the expectations are high. Koilani Ruputuo, the last remaining starter from the WBC 23 team, has retired, as has Katwo, the LOOGY since WBC 23. The only remaining player from the WBC 23 roster is the venerable 46 year old Nalo Makai, who will see limited DH appearances. The young phenoms of the post-20s generation, most prominently John Darren Jr., have failed to impress over the past few years, but there is hope that the younger talent on the team will develop well.

Maklohi Vai National Baseball Team
Nickname: Lumai
Acronym: MKV
Home Field: Kamanakai Oa'a Pani Stadium
MANAGER: Arnao

SS #15 Riolai Komotai (S/R)
LF #38 Muno Lopakarai (R/R)
C #29 John Darren Jr. (R/R)
1B #14 Lokumao Tolokanapai (S/L)
3B #17 Esteban Gutierrez (R/R)
RF #35 Patrick Sullivan (R/R)
CF #36 Julian Lokumanai (L/L)
2B #12 Kai Walutani (R/R)
Pitcher's Spot

SS #15 Riolai Komotai (S/R)
LF #38 Muno Lopakarai (R/R)
C #29 John Darren Jr. (R/R)
1B #14 Lokumao Tolokanapai (S/L)
3B #17 Esteban Gutierrez (R/R)
RF #35 Patrick Sullivan (R/R)
CF #36 Julian Lokumanai (L/L)
DH #11 Nalo Makai (R/R)
2B #12 Kai Walutani (R/R)

#34 Rulo Mutukopuropai (RHP)
#22 Rukamo Wilapoturakai (LHP)
#30 Woluno Korukapakani (RHP)
#23 Peter Harrison (LHP)
#72 Luciano Rivera (LHP)

C/INF #22 Orlando Dominguez (R/R)
INF #18 Nalo Makai (R/R) DH in DH games
INF #21 Nabu Kola'atani (L/L)
OF #13 Lumo Wamoi (S/R)
OF #19 Kalumo Korumakapakani (R/R)

#47 Walo Torukapai (RHP) long relief
#57 Kalo Worunapalakai (RHP) mid relief
#43 Raúl Ureña (LHP) lefty specialist
#59 Yisrael Guisalbes (RHP) set-up
#78 Umuno Korakaparanai (LHP) set-up
#52 Moluko Purawakanakapai (LHP) 8th inning
#41 Kumo Nolupanokawani (RHP) Closer

Choose my lineup: No, follow my lineup posted above.
Follow my Pitching Rotation: Yes, follow the rotation posted above.
RP injuries to my players: No
DH used at home: No
Godmod other events: No death.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Oscioru
Attaché

Founded: May 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscioru » Wed May 23, 2018 6:45 am

"You can't fight nature, once you do, there's no coming back and it's certain that you'll always lose. You will either learn it the easy way or the hard way, most people simply ignore learning it the easy way and step into the depths of this, only to lose. I, well I had to learn it the hard way and all I can tell you is that you should stop now. Do not go outside in the hurricane-force winds thinking you'll stay in place and not get dragged away an inch, this is much different than a simple wind gust. I beg of you, son, stay inside and everything will be alright. This roof is safe from all wi-" as soon as that person was about to finish his sentence, the roof collapsed all over him and all over Adrien. However, unlike Adrien, the man didn't survive. He was a 5'7, 72 year-old experienced fisherman, he died due to strong wind gusts from a massive windstorm that affected the Northwest Suntae area. He was one of the 300 villagers that died that day, only Adrien survived with a slight concussion and a bit of an amnesia at first. Here we are, at an affected village called Vicchelia and we are going to take a look at young Adrien's attempts to survive on his own while help is under way.

Vicchelia, 17th January, 1992 1128 LOCAL HOURS, Oscioru

The village was ravaged by the windstorm, all the houses, stores and the old port were destroyed and parts of them were moved deeper into either the green slopes a bit deeper mainland or they were at the beaches, alongside shipwrecks and the sort. The village was smelling of rotten corpses as well, since all of its citizens but 1 had survived. Adrien had been hit by his house's roof in the head but miraculously survived with a minor concussion, no help has arrived in the area yet though, since the windstorm has affected all roads leading to this village and wind warnings have alerted all aerial help to the coastal areas to be halted. Adrien woke up, disoriented and mildly disgusting by the smell of rotten corpses he immediately stood up, and looked around him, he didn't shout though, as if a force was keeping him from doing so, his only thoughts were 'Where am I? Who am I? What am I doing in this place? It's cold and there no houses around here, I do not know what to do.' he then stepped up to the old man's corpse, it was his grandfather, named Reymundo, he was an experienced fisherman, but he had died after the roof of his own house hit him hard in the head, he was mutilated and Adrien could definetely see the blood running from the poor man's head. Adrien shouted as loudly as he could, as he had never seen a sighting as gore as this. He then hit his head to the house's only surviving wall extremely hard and lost consciousness.

Vicchelia, 17th January, 1992, 1156 LOCAL HOURS, Oscioru

Poor Adrien soon regained some of his memory, he recalled of strong winds taking his house down and then, a massive roof going on top of him. He grabbed his head and saw the sighting of his dead grandfather once again, he started crying and punching the wall and crying once more, until eventually, it all cut down. The area was silent, the winds had halted, the sea's calming waves were being heard once more to cover the otherwise quiet village's emptyness. Adrien stood up and looked around in the village, a loud "FUCK!" came out of Adrien's mouth, as he smelled all the rotting corpses and also saw them lined up, as if a serial killer had killed them. Everything was destroyed, as far as his eye could see, he ran to the port, it was destroyed, most ships were shipwrecks, all except one. It was his grandfather's fishing boat, he had hidden it behind some trees close by, god bless their strength, they had survived hurricane force winds from pulling them off and not only that, his grandfather's boat was almost in pristine condition.
Adrien sighed out of relief, knewing he had a reliable way of picking up some food to survive while help was on the way. The fishing nets were inside the fishing boat but the whole boat was filled with a lot of water Adrien had to empty out of the boat, which he did. Soon after he embarked to the sea...

Oscioru
Attaché

Founded: May 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscioru » Wed May 23, 2018 7:05 am

Official communiqué by the Osci Ministry of Foreign Affairs

To whomever it may concern: Banijan Government

My most esteemed sir/lady,
The people of my nation have seen news or have heard about the recent drought that has affected your nation and many charities have been raised to help you. Inside the Elected Barons Legislature there has been a vote on whether The Grand Duchy was to help you or not, most Barons agreed on sending aid but only if the Banijan government allows this. Charity money estimated to be worth around 2 million Universal Standard Dollars have been raised. Also, a number of helicopters carrying drinking water are ready to help even the most remote of places in Banija. I hope the Osci Government gets a positive response from you.
Lots of respect to all Banijans,
Baron Natale Nespola, Baron of Iscundza.

Equestrian States
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Equestrian States » Wed May 23, 2018 12:53 pm

The Pony Principality of Equestrian States
National Baseball Team - World Baseball Classic 43

Quick Facts
Nickname: The Phoenix
All-Time Record: 161-120 (0-0 at WBC 43)
Achievements: Semifinals (WBC 25); Quarterfinals (WBC 41); Round of 16 (WBC 23, WBC 26, WBC 29, WBC 30, WBC 34); Round of 24 (WBC 31)

Group 4
#14 - Image Equestrian States (2.40 pts.)
#33 - Image St. Saratoga (1.56 pts.)
#36 - Image New Jarwel (1.41 pts.)
UR - Image God & Country (0.00 pts.)
UR - Image Imperial Frost Federation (0.00 pts.)

Tournament Schedule

Group Stage - Group 4
MD1: Equestrian States vs. St. Saratoga at Royal Canterlot Stadium (cap. 55,000) in Canterlot, EQS
MD2: God & Country vs. Equestrian States at Stadium Unknown (cap. Unknown) in City Unknown, GAC
MD3: Equestrian States vs. New Jarwel at Ponyville Park (cap. 32,000) in Ponyville, EQS
MD4: Bye Day
MD5: Imperial Frost Federation vs. Equestrian States at Stadium Unknown (cap. Unknown) in City Unknown, IFF
MD6: St. Saratoga vs. Equestrian States at Stadium Unknown (cap. Unknown) in City Unknown, STS
MD7: Equestrian States vs. God & Country at Forest Stadium (cap. 22,000) in Everfree, EQS
MD8: New Jarwel vs. Equestrian States at Foothills Stadium (cap. 6,000) in Calgary, NJR
MD9: Bye Day
MD10: Equestrian States vs. Imperial Frost Federation at West Orchard Field (cap. 18,500) in Appleoosa, EQS
MD11: Equestrian States vs. St. Saratoga at Forest Stadium (cap. 22,000) in Everfree, EQS
MD12: God & Country vs. Equestrian States at Stadium Unknown (cap. Unknown) in City Unknown, GAC
MD13: Equestrian States vs. New Jarwel at Royal Canterlot Stadium (cap. 55,000) in Canterlot, EQS
MD14: Bye Day
MD15: Imperial Frost Federation vs. Equestrian States at Stadium Unknown (cap. Unknown) in City Unknown, IFF
MD16: St. Saratoga vs. Equestrian States at Stadium Unknown (cap. Unknown) in City Unknown, STS
MD17: Equestrian States vs. God & Country at West Orchard Field (cap. 18,500) in Appleoosa, EQS
MD18: New Jarwel vs. Equestrian States at Foothills Stadium (cap. 6,000) in Calgary, NJR
MD19: Bye Day
MD20: Equestrian States vs. Imperial Frost Federation at Forest Stadium (cap. 22,000) in Everfree, EQS
MD21: Equestrian States vs. St. Saratoga at Ponyville Park (cap. 32,000) in Ponyville, EQS
MD22: God & Country vs. Equestrian States at Stadium Unknown (cap. Unknown) in City Unknown, GAC
MD23: Equestrian States vs. New Jarwel at West Orchard Field (cap. 18,500) in Appleoosa, EQS
MD24: Bye Day
MD25: Imperial Frost Federation vs. Equestrian States at Stadium Unknown (cap. Unknown) in City Unknown, IFF
MD26: St. Saratoga vs. Equestrian States at Stadium Unknown (cap. Unknown) in City Unknown, STS
MD27: Equestrian States vs. God & Country at Ponyville Park (cap. 32,000) in Ponyville, EQS
MD28: New Jarwel vs. Equestrian States at Foothills Stadium (cap. 6,000) in Calgary, NJR
MD29: Bye Day
MD30: Equestrian States vs. Imperial Frost Federation at Royal Canterlot Stadium (cap. 55,000) in Canterlot, EQS

Roster

Catchers
#15 - C - Starcloud (R/R) - 24 - Male Pegasus - Image Trottingham Titans
#2 - C - Ripple (L/L) - 31 - Female Pegasus - Image Cloudsdale Homers

Infielders
#9 - 1B - Hazel Walker (S/R) - 24 - Female Human - Image Appleoosa Cider-Brewers
#19 - 2B - Apple Daisy (R/R) - 26 - Female Earth Pony - Image Appleoosa Cider-Brewers
#14 - SS - Celina (S/R) - 28 - Female Unicorn - Image Ponyville Stars
#4 - 3B - Irontooth (L/L) - 34 - Male Dragon - Image Baltimare Colts
#10 - 2B/SS - Kendra Peters (R/R) - 30 - Female Human - Image Baltimare Colts
#21 - 3B/2B - Stormcrow (R/R) - 31 - Male Pegasus - Image Cloudsdale Homers

Outfielders
#1 - LF - Trevor Amistad (R/R) - 27 - Male Human - Image Everfree Dragons
#5 - CF - Pablo Sanchez (R/R) - 19 - Male Human - Image Ponyville Stars
#34 - RF - Bright Harp (L/R) - 28 - Female Unicorn - Image Canterlot Royalty
#17 - LF/3B - Star Shield (R/R) - 24 - Male Earth Pony - Image Manehattan Supernovas
#25 - CF/RF - Seaswirl (S/L) - 23 - Female Thestral - Image Stalliongrad Miners

Starting Rotation
#19 - SP - Indigo Lightning (R/R) - 27 - Female Pegasus - Image Ponyville Stars
#3 - SP - Sandra O'Neil (L/L) - 29 - Female Human - Image Everfree Dragons
#66 - SP - Christopher Robin (R/R) - 20 - Male Human - Image Whitetail Foragers
#20 - SP - Célestine Belrose (L/L) - 22 - Female Nekojin - Image Manehattan Supernovas

Bullpen
#16 - LR - Angela Delvecchio (R/R) - 23 - Female Human - Image Manehattan Supernovas
#49 - LR - Light Trainer (R/R) - 29 - Male Unicorn - Image Canterlot Royalty
#22 - RP - Iron Will (R/R) - 27 - Male Manticore - Image Manehattan Supernovas
#31 - RP - Heart Tips (L/L) - 28 - Male Pegasus - Image Cloudsdale Homers
#8 - RP - Fireball (R/R) - 41 - Male Earth Pony - Image Appleoosa Cider-Brewers
#27 - SU - Peach Pallette (L/L) - 26 - Female Unicorn - Image Trottingham Titans
#24 - SU - Whuckrall (R/R) - 24 - Male Dragon - Image Ponyville Stars
#88 - CL - Hot Stuff (L/L) - 27 - Female Griffon - Image Stalliongrad Miners

Lineups

#19 - 2B - Apple Daisy (R/R) - 26 - Female Earth Pony - Image Appleoosa Cider-Brewers
#9 - 1B - Hazel Walker (S/R) - 24 - Female Human - Image Appleoosa Cider-Brewers
## - P - Starting Pitcher

#10 - DH - Kendra Peters (R/R) - 30 - Female Human - Image Baltimare Colts

Staff
Manager - #76 - Image Jolt - 50 - Male Earth Pony (Played C in WBCs 22-25, Bench Coach in WBCs 26-28)
Hitting Coach - #45 - Image Winter Eclipse - 56 - Male Bat Pony
Pitching Coach - #50 - Image Sunstar - 58 - Female Pegasus
1st Base Coach - #60 - Image Trevor Portsmuth - 51 - Male Human
3rd Base Coach - #29 - Image Grizzle - 61 - Male Dragon
Bench Coach - #13 - Image Elana Libman - 46 - Female Human
Bullpen Coach - #55 - Image Flutterfire - 39 - Female Unicorn (Closer in WBCs 22-28)

Stadiums
Links lead to individual city visitors’ guides for the 25th World Baseball Classic, in which info can be found on the cities and stadiums used for the playoff stage of that WBC

Royal Canterlot Stadium - Capacity: 55,000 - Canterlot, Equestrian States
Ponyville Park - Capacity: 32,000 - Ponyville, Equestrian States
Forest Stadium - Capacity: 22,000 - Everfree, Equestrian States
West Orchard Field - Capacity: 18,500 - Appleoosa, Equestrian States

RP Permissions
Choose my Runscorers: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
Choose my Lineup: No - Follow the posted lineup
Choose my Pitching Rotation: No - Follow the posted rotation, TG me if you’re not sure who will face you
RP Injuries to my Players: Yes - Limited to minor injuries only
Godmod Injuries to my Players: Yes - See the above restrictions
Eject my Players: No
Godmod Other Events: Yes - Nothing too extreme, please TG me prior to using poor weather
Designated Hitter at Home: No
Other Notes: For information on the Equestrian States, please refer to the WBC 25 Visitors’ Guide first, then TG me if you have any further questions. Additionally, if you wish to do something that is either not listed as allowed in my RP permissions or really out of the ordinary, I require that you ask me (via TG) at least two hours prior to RP cutoff so my own post can account for the unusual event. Failure to send a TG in time will likely result in your request being turned down as I will probably have already begun work on my own RP.
Last edited by Equestrian States on Wed May 23, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
83rd World Cup Champions
58th & 59th AOCAF Cup Champions
5x World Cup, 2x Cup of Harmony, 1x Baptism of Fire, 2x World Cup of Hockey, 3x World Baseball Classic, 1x World Bowl, 2x International Basketball Championship Host

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed May 23, 2018 1:08 pm

What's New in Sherpa Baseball:

It's been a year since the Sherpa Empire made its World Baseball Classic debut, and it has been a busy year.

The Darjeeling Green Sox defeated the Bengal Tigers to win their second ever Imperial Series title. Chokpori Stadium was damaged by rioters and had to be closed for a week, forcing the Lhasa Lamas to reschedule a 3 game series against Hangzhou. Dewa Liang launched a new campaign to raise awareness about mental health and good parenting. Lakpa Fang attempted to turn his auto-racing hobby into a legitimate sport and took part in a drag show to raise money for STD prevention (video of the drag show is readily available on WhoTube). After two seasons of being plagued with injuries and frequent slumps, Keo Norbu got his groove back and had the best season of his career, landing himself a spot on the national team roster. Other new names on the national team roster include rookies Luochong Zhuang and Pei Tan, as well as some reliable veteran players who almost made the cut last year. Nawang Gurung and Seojun Sherpa played in North Prarie and Newmanistan respectively during the regular season, but both have returned to the Sherpa Empire to join the national team for the World Baseball Classic. Hopefully Gurung packed lighter this year so he won't miss a game if customs officials ask to search his bags. (In WBC 42, he missed a game because he was stopped for a customs inspection, which took 15 hours.) Gurung said it was an exciting experience to play in North Prarie and it has helped him grow as a person, but it is still nice to come home and see his own country again.

But the biggest news is that Lakshmi Songtsen became the first female player in SIBA, with public opinion on her signing very divided. Songtsen is a back-up catcher for the Jaipur Jewelers, and is known to have hereditary spiritual powers. Feminists praised Songtsen as an inspiration to young girls to follow their athletic dreams, while conservatives dismissed the signing as a politically-correct publicity stunt and antimagicists used the signing to bolster their arguments against hereditary magic in professional sports. The subject has been hotly debated throughout the year, even triggering protests on the streets of Lukla-Namche and a brawl on the field at one game in Kolkata. Songtsen says she has received death threats, and the controversy has taken a toll on her emotionally, but she has also been touched by the outpouring of support that she's gotten from fans and players who want to keep her in the game. "I've had players that I idolized growing up, the people that inspired me to play baseball in the first place, come up to me and tell me they admired my courage for going out there and playing even with all the hate that I've gotten," Songtsen said in an interview.

Opponents of hereditary magic say that it is an unfair advantage, similar to talismans or performance-enhancing drugs, and it should be treated the same way. Supporters of the current rules argue that people with hereditary magic should not be punished for how they were born, as it was not their choice. Some have also pointed out that SIBA's rules on drugs are not as strict as other leagues, enforcement is erratic, and it would be inconsistent to crack down on hereditary magic while little is being done to combat the use of substances such as HGH.

Team rivalries have played a role in the debate, with Icefall Doctors fans being violently opposed to a ban on hereditary magic because it would force veteran pitcher Jamling Ihawa into early retirement. And it is not just a figure of speech to say "violently opposed" -- there have been bar fights. Meanwhile, rival fans in Lhasa say that Ihawa should have never been allowed to pitch in the first place. Of course, Lhasa fans have been saying that for 23 years, and they've said the same thing about a few other Icefall Doctors players who were just athletically talented without any spiritual powers. Although the riot that damaged Chokpori Stadium was linked to the Tibetan separatist movement, it is believed that some Icefall Doctors fans also joined in the vandalism for non-political reasons.

Jewelers fans are more divided in their opinions with some vociferously defending Songtsen and others saying she doesn't belong on the team.

SIBA officials hinted that they would wait until Ihawa retired to address the issue. Ihawa is 40 and was not as dominant this season as in past years, so it was assumed that he would retire in the next few years. However, Ihawa has announced that he will not retire until after the controversy surrounding Songtsen is settled. "If SIBA thinks something that I've been doing for 23 years is cheating, then they need to confront me about it," Ihawa said. "When they banned steroids and talismans and black magic and pine tar, they didn't let the players that were already using those things keep using them until they finished their careers. I think blood magic is different from those things, but even if people tell me I'm wrong, I'd still like them to be consistent about it. If I can keep playing until I'm ready to retire, then Lakshmi Songsten should be allowed to keep playing too. If this is really about something else besides blood magic, then people need to stop using that as a smokescreen and say what it's really about."

When asked if he thought his age would be a problem, considering the debate might drag on for several years, Ihawa answered, "I can keep pitching for a long time. If I have to go back to being a bullpen guy and making the league minimum, I'll do that." It was not clear whether Ihawa was primarily interested in standing up for Songtsen or protecting his own chances of being included in the Hall of Fame. It may have been a little of both.

Some people have suggested creating a separate women's league, but Songtsen said she doesn't support the idea. "A women's league wouldn't have the same prestige that SIBA has," she said. "If you look at baseball leagues in other countries, some of the best players are women and there's no reason why we can't have that in the Sherpa Empire."

Other people have pointed out that creating a women's league would be an opportunity to bring professional baseball to cities like Kathmandu, Thimphu, and Xiamen that don't have SIBA franchises. Ihawa said that if the Sports Department approves the plan for a women's league, he'd like to retire from pitching in a few years and go into a coaching or management job on the women's team in Kathmandu. "My wife is from Kathmandu and she loves baseball as much as I do, so I think a women's team there would be a fun project for us to be involved in," he said.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Wed May 23, 2018 1:21 pm

Baseball is Back : Matchday 1 Preview
By Harry Marc, Assistant Correspondent on Baseball | @hmarc16

Game 1 : Prarie @ East Ares
Ares Stadium, East Ares City (we think) | East Ares Pitcher #1 vs Lucas Jackson

We should get a win in this one. Simple. Even though it's on the road, they're unranked and haven't even posted an info doc to the international media community, therefore we don't know anything about this team. That means they probably aren't great. They could surprise us, but Lucas is starting and we're fresh off 2 weeks of practice at the Havenfort Athletic City, so we should be good to go. Prediction: 5-1 win for the Prarieans.

Game 2 : Lycrabon @ Prarie
BayBank Park, Stonebridge | Fred Dickerson vs Jon Britt

This is going to be tough, so our Loons shouldn't get their hopes up. Even though its the home opener and BayBank is sure to be popping, this is the returning quarterfinalists and 12th ranked team in the world. Jon Britt can be deadly, especially against lefties (Which this Lycrabon lineup is FULL OF), but the Blue Jays are able to overpower the Golden Loons in skill, experience, and pretty much everything. Prediction: 4-2 Blue Jay win

Game 3 : Prarie @ Banija
Balenor Field, Icewind Dun, Demot | Junkung Coor vs Owen Katana

This matchup will be the battle for second place in the group. It's just inevitable, since I don't think East Ares or Helsinki will make a ton of noise.
This matchup will probably be a game of Prariean offense vs Banijan defense, and I think that Junkung Coor is just the type of pitcher for our offense to go off on. However, Owen Katana won't be pitching a shutout. Sluggers like Alanso Jallow, Kamara Singateh, and Jebel Sowe will take his tendency for throwing strikes and pound them to the fences. Prediction: 6-4 Prariean win.
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Bauscland
Secretary

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bauscland » Wed May 23, 2018 2:05 pm

| 23rd of May |

| As preparations for opening day were continuing, one of the Athletics' analytics intern Howard "Howie" Williams (only 19 years of age) knocked on the door of PR coordinator Charles Pickett and peered in through the door. |

Williams: "Uhh... Mr. Pickett? Do you have a minute?"
Pickett: "Of course... of course, come in!"

| Young Howie nervously pulled out the chair and sat down. |

Pickett: "Now what can I do for you Howie?"
Williams: "Well... you know how on that initial communique for WBC 43 we said that we had a quote, 'forgettable' WBC 39?"
Pickett: "Yeah..."

| Williams pulled out a manila folder and set it on the desk. |

Williams: "Well, it turns out that I was cleaning out some of the old filing cabinets I came across our stats for WBC 39, and it turns out we ended up winning our division ahead of the host team."

| Pickett stopped drinking his coffee mid-sip and slowly lowered it while an incredulous look began to develop on his face. |

Pickett: "We did?"
Williams: "Yep, finished 18 and 12 that round. But I did misspeak earlier, I meant to say that we tied for first."
Pickett: "Tied? Holy cow... I had no idea."
Williams: "Didn't make it far though, we ended up getting knocked out in the first round against our current host."
Pickett: "Cassadaigua... What caused us to fall short?"
Williams: "Inactivity it seems..."
Pickett: "That'd do it. Well, I'll get this over to management, this'll sure be an encouragement for our new guys going into this season. Hopefully it'll motivate them to keep up activity too..."
Williams: "Can I go sir?"
Pickett: "Of course, of course. Could you send for Mr. Higgins as well?"
Williams: "Yes, Mr. Pickett."

| As he went out, Pickett looked through the papers in disbelief. First place... in their first year. Granted, that was effectively an entirely different team, and it had been a while... but first in the division. Maybe there was some hope for the Athletics this time around. |
| Capital: Harlech | Area: 349,400 sq. km (134,904 sq. mi) | Population: 23,619,139 | Official Language: English | Demonyms: Bauschman/Bauschwoman/Bauschmen, Bausch | GDP: $673,145,000,000 (GDP/Capita: $28,500) | Government: Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic |

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Wed May 23, 2018 4:43 pm

A Message from Queen Cassie II to Participating Nations:

To the 75 nations that have signed up to participate in World Baseball Classic 43, I want to say thank you. I am not sure if this is an official record for the amount of participants, but it seems like it would be. If not, I am pretty sure it is close. We could not have not it without all of you. For the next little bit, you will be playing 24 games against the four other nations in your group. Twelve will be on your home turf, and twelve will be away. I wish all of you the best as you endeavor to put on great show for your fans, and then have safe travels as you go to the other countries in your group. Following the group stage, 32 of you are going to be coming to Cassadaigua.

I will be watching. Good luck, but most importantly, enjoy yourselves!

Coaches Blog: Maddie Polanco

This will be a special Classic for me, and I would love for it to end up in victory. As you know, I was part of the World Baseball Classic 40 coaching staff of Super-Llamaland that won the title in Concord Heights. Not to long after, I was honored to accept a job to become the manager of the Cassadagan baseball team. Now, the Classic is back in Cassadaigua, and I can officially call it a home tournament.

I know that some are wondering what I think about the team right now. We have made it to the semifinals the last two Classics, and have been able to move up to the third spot in the rankings. We don’t have that fourth title, yet. But we have been lurking as a contender, and I am proud of this team. People want to give me a lot of credit for that, but it has not been that difficult when you have the talent pool that exists in Cassadaigua. All I do is lead some of the greatest players in the world. I have not changed the roster around all that much, but there are some younger players now on the roster, mostly as a part of the pitching staff. I have also opted to plug in Cassie Daniels as our new starting 2B, and am going to put her right ahead of Cortnie Nicholson in our batting lineup. This is a pretty big Classic for Cortnie, who at 32, is in the prime of her career, but some might say those prime years start to go away once you move closer to your mid-30's. She hit 53 HR’s this past season, and was hitting some long homers in batting practice this morning, so she will be ready to go.

I think group play is going to be a lot more competitive then some think it will. Some groups could seem easier then others, but New Sangti is a successful nation, and scouts have told me that the teams of Xelsis and Brookspring look pretty solid, too. We don’t have as much information on Highton at this time. That’s one of the things that will make this 75-team Classic thrilling, because there will be new names having success. But who will they be, and what known names will be knocked out at their expense? Enjoy the tournament, everyone!
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Wed May 23, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Wed May 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Matchday 1:

Group 1
Krossa 0 0 2 0 0 1 1 1 0 5
Sandberg 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 2

The Wolf Zones 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 4
Scootalove City 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 6

Group 1 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Krossa 1 1 0 5 2 +3 3
2 Scootalove City 1 1 0 6 4 +2 3
3 The Wolf Zones 1 0 1 4 6 −2 0
4 Sandberg 1 0 1 2 5 −3 0

Group 2
The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
Lycrabon 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

North Prarie 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 6
East Ares 0 2 0 0 0 2 1 0 1 0 1 7

Group 2 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 East Ares 1 1 0 7 6 +1 3
2 The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 1 1 0 1 0 +1 3
3 North Prarie 1 0 1 6 7 −1 0
4 Lycrabon 1 0 1 0 1 −1 0

Group 3
South Covello 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Ireland Isles 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Melbergia 0 1 0 3 0 3 3 2 0 12
USS Monitor 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 2

Group 3 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Melbergia 1 1 0 12 2 +10 3
2 South Covello 1 1 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Ireland Isles 1 0 1 0 1 −1 0
4 USS Monitor 1 0 1 2 12 −10 0

Group 4
St Saratoga 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 4 0 6
Equestrian States 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4

God and Country 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 3 0 5
New Jarwel 0 1 0 0 0 0 8 1 X 10

Group 4 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 New Jarwel 1 1 0 10 5 +5 3
2 St Saratoga 1 1 0 6 4 +2 3
3 Equestrian States 1 0 1 4 6 −2 0
4 God and Country 1 0 1 5 10 −5 0

Group 5
Nuevo Caracas 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 3
Super-Llamaland 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 5

Northwest Kalactin 0 0 0 2 5 0 0 1 0 8
Gloriax 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1

Group 5 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Northwest Kalactin 1 1 0 8 1 +7 3
2 Super-Llamaland 1 1 0 5 3 +2 3
3 Nuevo Caracas 1 0 1 3 5 −2 0
4 Gloriax 1 0 1 1 8 −7 0

Group 6
New Sangti 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 3
Brookspring 4 0 1 1 0 0 2 0 X 8

Xelsis 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 3
Highton 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group 6 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Brookspring 1 1 0 8 3 +5 3
2 Xelsis 1 1 0 3 0 +3 3
3 Highton 1 0 1 0 3 −3 0
4 New Sangti 1 0 1 3 8 −5 0

Group 7
Darmen 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 2 0 5
West Guam 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2

Free Republics 0 0 0 0 1 0 3 2 3 9
Midand 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 4

Group 7 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Free Republics 1 1 0 9 4 +5 3
2 Darmen 1 1 0 5 2 +3 3
3 West Guam 1 0 1 2 5 −3 0
4 Midand 1 0 1 4 9 −5 0

Group 8
Nova Anglicana 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
Humaliwo 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Vangaziland 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 6
United States of Yasser 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 3

Group 8 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Vangaziland 1 1 0 6 3 +3 3
2 Nova Anglicana 1 1 0 3 0 +3 3
3 United States of Yasser 1 0 1 3 6 −3 0
4 Humaliwo 1 0 1 0 3 −3 0

Group 9
Mirfast 1 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4
Drawkland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
Saintland 3 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 X 6

Group 9 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Saintland 1 1 0 6 1 +5 3
2 Mirfast 1 1 0 4 0 +4 3
3 Drawkland 1 0 1 0 4 −4 0
4 New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 1 0 1 1 6 −5 0

Group 10
The Sherpa Empire 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
Oscioru 0 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 X 4

United States of Devonta 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 3
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 5 0 0 2 1 0 1 1 X 10

Group 10 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 1 1 0 10 3 +7 3
2 Oscioru 1 1 0 4 1 +3 3
3 The Sherpa Empire 1 0 1 1 4 −3 0
4 United States of Devonta 1 0 1 3 10 −7 0

Group 11
Abanhfleft 1 1 0 1 1 2 2 0 0 8
Bauscland 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 3

Cosumar 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4
Filindostan 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 3

Group 11 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Abanhfleft 1 1 0 8 3 +5 3
2 Cosumar 1 1 0 4 3 +1 3
3 Filindostan 1 0 1 3 4 −1 0
4 Bauscland 1 0 1 3 8 −5 0

Group 12
Chagall 1 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 4
Stetzra 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 0 0 4 8

Newmanistan 0 6 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 9
Hampton Island 0 0 1 0 0 3 0 1 0 5

Group 12 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Newmanistan 1 1 0 9 5 +4 3
2 Stetzra 1 1 0 8 4 +4 3
3 Hampton Island 1 0 1 5 9 −4 0
4 Chagall 1 0 1 4 8 −4 0

Group 13
Schiltzberg 1 0 1 0 0 3 0 0 0 5
Pripet Socialist Republic 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 2

Liventia 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 3
Valliesta 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 2

Group 13 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Schiltzberg 1 1 0 5 2 +3 3
2 Liventia 1 1 0 3 2 +1 3
3 Valliesta 1 0 1 2 3 −1 0
4 Pripet Socialist Republic 1 0 1 2 5 −3 0

Group 14
Nevis And Kitts 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 2
West Phoenicia 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 2 X 5

Kita-Hinode 0 0 1 2 0 1 1 0 1 6
Hicana 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

Group 14 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Kita-Hinode 1 1 0 6 1 +5 3
2 West Phoenicia 1 1 0 5 2 +3 3
3 Nevis And Kitts 1 0 1 2 5 −3 0
4 Hicana 1 0 1 1 6 −5 0

Group 15
Alpine Union 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 2 0 5
Mezropolis 0 0 0 2 2 2 2 0 X 8

Anthor 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
Wabijust 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 X 2

Group 15 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Mezropolis 1 1 0 8 5 +3 3
2 Wabijust 1 1 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Anthor 1 0 1 1 2 −1 0
4 Alpine Union 1 0 1 5 8 −3 0

Matchday 2:

Group 1
Sandberg 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 3 1 6
The Wolf Zones 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3

Deseret and Zion 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 2
Krossa 1 1 1 1 0 1 0 0 X 5

1 Krossa 2 2 0 10 4 +6 6
2 Scootalove City 1 1 0 6 4 +2 3
3 Sandberg 2 1 1 8 8 0 3
4 Deseret and Zion 1 0 1 2 5 −3 0
5 The Wolf Zones 2 0 2 7 12 −5 0

Group 2
Lycrabon 4 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 5
North Prarie 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 4

Banija 0 1 0 0 2 0 2 0 1 6
The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 2 0 5

1 East Ares 1 1 0 7 6 +1 3
2 Banija 1 1 0 6 5 +1 3
3 The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 2 1 1 6 6 0 3
4 Lycrabon 2 1 1 5 5 0 3
5 North Prarie 2 0 2 10 12 −2 0

Group 3
Ireland Isles 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2
Melbergia 0 1 1 0 3 0 0 0 X 5

Ko-oren 0 2 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 5
South Covello 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 2 6

1 Melbergia 2 2 0 17 4 +13 6
2 South Covello 2 2 0 7 5 +2 6
3 Ko-oren 1 0 1 5 6 −1 0
4 Ireland Isles 2 0 2 2 6 −4 0
5 USS Monitor 1 0 1 2 12 −10 0

Group 4
Equestrian States 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 3
God and Country 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 2

The Imperial Frost Federation 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
St Saratoga 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 X 2

1 St Saratoga 2 2 0 8 5 +3 6
2 New Jarwel 1 1 0 10 5 +5 3
3 Equestrian States 2 1 1 7 8 −1 3
4 The Imperial Frost Federation 1 0 1 1 2 −1 0
5 God and Country 2 0 2 7 13 −6 0

Group 5
Super-Llamaland 2 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 7
Northwest Kalactin 0 1 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 4

Beepee 1 0 1 0 0 2 1 2 1 8
Nuevo Caracas 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 2

1 Super-Llamaland 2 2 0 12 7 +5 6
2 Beepee 1 1 0 8 2 +6 3
3 Northwest Kalactin 2 1 1 12 8 +4 3
4 Gloriax 1 0 1 1 8 −7 0
5 Nuevo Caracas 2 0 2 5 13 −8 0

Group 6
Brookspring 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Xelsis 1 0 0 1 0 2 0 2 X 6

Cassadaigua 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 5
New Sangti 0 2 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4

1 Xelsis 2 2 0 9 2 +7 6
2 Brookspring 2 1 1 10 9 +1 3
3 Cassadaigua 1 1 0 5 4 +1 3
4 Highton 1 0 1 0 3 −3 0
5 New Sangti 2 0 2 7 13 −6 0

Group 7
West Guam 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2
Free Republics 0 7 2 0 0 1 0 1 X 11

Acapais 0 1 1 0 0 3 0 0 0 5
Darmen 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2

1 Free Republics 2 2 0 20 6 +14 6
2 Acapais 1 1 0 5 2 +3 3
3 Darmen 2 1 1 7 7 0 3
4 Midand 1 0 1 4 9 −5 0
5 West Guam 2 0 2 4 16 −12 0

Group 8
Humaliwo 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 4
Vangaziland 3 2 5 0 0 2 3 0 X 15

Holy Nazirealm 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2
Nova Anglicana 0 0 0 1 3 1 0 0 X 5

1 Vangaziland 2 2 0 21 7 +14 6
2 Nova Anglicana 2 2 0 8 2 +6 6
3 United States of Yasser 1 0 1 3 6 −3 0
4 Holy Nazirealm 1 0 1 2 5 −3 0
5 Humaliwo 2 0 2 4 18 −14 0

Group 9
Drawkland 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 4
New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 2
Mirfast 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1 Saintland 1 1 0 6 1 +5 3
2 Mirfast 2 1 1 4 2 +2 3
3 Maklohi Vai 1 1 0 2 0 +2 3
4 Drawkland 2 1 1 4 5 −1 3
5 New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 2 0 2 2 10 −8 0

Group 10
Oscioru 0 2 1 0 0 3 0 0 0 6
United States of Devonta 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3 4

East Apikai 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
The Sherpa Empire 0 2 0 0 3 0 0 0 X 5

1 Oscioru 2 2 0 10 5 +5 6
2 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 1 1 0 10 3 +7 3
3 The Sherpa Empire 2 1 1 6 6 0 3
4 East Apikai 1 0 1 2 5 −3 0
5 United States of Devonta 2 0 2 7 16 −9 0

Group 11
Bauscland 2 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 12
Cosumar 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

The Star Enpire 2 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 4
Abanhfleft 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 2 5

1 Abanhfleft 2 2 0 13 7 +6 6
2 Bauscland 2 1 1 15 9 +6 3
3 Cosumar 2 1 1 5 15 −10 3
4 The Star Enpire 1 0 1 4 5 −1 0
5 Filindostan 1 0 1 3 4 −1 0

Group 12
Stetzra 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 4
Newmanistan 0 1 3 0 0 3 1 1 X 9

Crystalline Caverns 0 0 0 3 0 2 0 1 0 2 8
Chagall 1 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 2 1 7

1 Newmanistan 2 2 0 18 9 +9 6
2 Crystalline Caverns 1 1 0 8 7 +1 3
3 Stetzra 2 1 1 12 13 −1 3
4 Hampton Island 1 0 1 5 9 −4 0
5 Chagall 2 0 2 11 16 −5 0

Group 13
Pripet Socialist Republic 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Liventia 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 X 1

Juvencus 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 1 0 0 0 5
Schiltzberg 0 0 0 0 3 2 0 0 0 0 1 6

1 Schiltzberg 2 2 0 11 7 +4 6
2 Liventia 2 2 0 4 2 +2 6
3 Juvencus 1 0 1 5 6 −1 0
4 Valliesta 1 0 1 2 3 −1 0
5 Pripet Socialist Republic 2 0 2 2 6 −4 0

Group 14
West Phoenicia 0 0 1 3 0 0 1 0 1 3 9
Kita-Hinode 0 0 1 0 0 2 1 0 2 2 8

The Greater Nordics 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3
Nevis And Kitts 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 2

1 West Phoenicia 2 2 0 14 10 +4 6
2 Kita-Hinode 2 1 1 14 10 +4 3
3 The Greater Nordics 1 1 0 3 2 +1 3
4 Nevis And Kitts 2 0 2 4 8 −4 0
5 Hicana 1 0 1 1 6 −5 0

Group 15
Mezropolis 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 3
Anthor 4 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 X 6

Ethane 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
Alpine Union 1 2 0 0 0 0 1 1 X 5

1 Anthor 2 1 1 7 5 +2 3
2 Wabijust 1 1 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Mezropolis 2 1 1 11 11 0 3
4 Alpine Union 2 1 1 10 11 −1 3
5 Ethane 1 0 1 3 5 −2 0

Matchday 3:
Group 1
The Wolf Zones 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 3
Deseret and Zion 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Scootalove City 1 0 0 1 3 1 0 0 1 7
Sandberg 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1 Scootalove City 2 2 0 13 4 +9 6
2 Krossa 2 2 0 10 4 +6 6
3 The Wolf Zones 3 1 2 10 13 −3 3
4 Sandberg 3 1 2 8 15 −7 3
5 Deseret and Zion 2 0 2 3 8 −5 0

Group 2
North Prarie 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Banija 0 0 0 3 1 0 0 0 X 4

East Ares 0 0 1 0 0 1 2 0 0 4
Lycrabon 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 3

1 Banija 2 2 0 10 5 +5 6
2 East Ares 2 2 0 11 9 +2 6
3 The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 2 1 1 6 6 0 3
4 Lycrabon 3 1 2 8 9 −1 3
5 North Prarie 3 0 3 10 16 −6 0

Group 3
Melbergia 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2
Ko-oren 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 X 3

USS Monitor 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 3
Ireland Isles 2 1 0 2 2 0 0 0 X 7

1 Melbergia 3 2 1 19 7 +12 6
2 South Covello 2 2 0 7 5 +2 6
3 Ireland Isles 3 1 2 9 9 0 3
4 Ko-oren 2 1 1 8 8 0 3
5 USS Monitor 2 0 2 5 19 −14 0

Group 4
God and Country 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3
The Imperial Frost Federation 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2

New Jarwel 0 0 2 2 0 0 2 2 0 0 0 8
Equestrian States 0 4 1 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 9

1 St Saratoga 2 2 0 8 5 +3 6
2 Equestrian States 3 2 1 16 16 0 6
3 New Jarwel 2 1 1 18 14 +4 3
4 God and Country 3 1 2 10 15 −5 3
5 The Imperial Frost Federation 2 0 2 3 5 −2 0

Group 5
Northwest Kalactin 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1
Beepee 0 3 3 0 2 0 1 0 X 9

Gloriax 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 3
Super-Llamaland 0 4 0 0 2 4 0 0 X 10

1 Super-Llamaland 3 3 0 22 10 +12 9
2 Beepee 2 2 0 17 3 +14 6
3 Northwest Kalactin 3 1 2 13 17 −4 3
4 Nuevo Caracas 2 0 2 5 13 −8 0
5 Gloriax 2 0 2 4 18 −14 0

Group 6
Xelsis 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 3
Cassadaigua 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 0 X 5

Highton 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2
Brookspring 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 X 3

1 Xelsis 3 2 1 12 7 +5 6
2 Cassadaigua 2 2 0 10 7 +3 6
3 Brookspring 3 2 1 13 11 +2 6
4 Highton 2 0 2 2 6 −4 0
5 New Sangti 2 0 2 7 13 −6 0

Group 7
Free Republics 3 3 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 9
Acapais 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 2 0 8

Midand 0 1 0 3 1 0 0 1 0 6
West Guam 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2

1 Free Republics 3 3 0 29 14 +15 9
2 Acapais 2 1 1 13 11 +2 3
3 Darmen 2 1 1 7 7 0 3
4 Midand 2 1 1 10 11 −1 3
5 West Guam 3 0 3 6 22 −16 0

Group 8
Vangaziland 2 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 5
Holy Nazirealm 0 0 0 0 2 1 2 1 X 6

United States of Yasser 3 0 0 1 0 0 1 4 0 9
Humaliwo 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3 1 5

1 Vangaziland 3 2 1 26 13 +13 6
2 Nova Anglicana 2 2 0 8 2 +6 6
3 United States of Yasser 2 1 1 12 11 +1 3
4 Holy Nazirealm 2 1 1 8 10 −2 3
5 Humaliwo 3 0 3 9 27 −18 0

Group 9
New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 4 5
Maklohi Vai 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Saintland 0 0 4 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 7
Drawkland 0 0 0 1 0 3 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6

1 Saintland 2 2 0 13 7 +6 6
2 Mirfast 2 1 1 4 2 +2 3
3 Drawkland 3 1 2 10 12 −2 3
4 Maklohi Vai 2 1 1 3 5 −2 3
5 New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 3 1 2 7 11 −4 3

Group 10
United States of Devonta 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 2 0 5
East Apikai 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 5 6
Oscioru 0 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 5

1 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2 2 0 16 8 +8 6
2 Oscioru 3 2 1 15 11 +4 6
3 The Sherpa Empire 2 1 1 6 6 0 3
4 United States of Devonta 3 1 2 12 17 −5 3
5 East Apikai 2 0 2 3 10 −7 0

Group 11
Cosumar 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 1 0 5
The Star Enpire 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Filindostan 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 1 1 6
Bauscland 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2

1 Abanhfleft 2 2 0 13 7 +6 6
2 Cosumar 3 2 1 10 15 −5 6
3 Filindostan 2 1 1 9 6 +3 3
4 Bauscland 3 1 2 17 15 +2 3
5 The Star Enpire 2 0 2 4 10 −6 0

Group 12
Newmanistan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3
Crystalline Caverns 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Hampton Island 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 7 0 9
Stetzra 0 3 0 0 0 1 0 0 4 8

1 Newmanistan 3 3 0 21 9 +12 9
2 Stetzra 3 1 2 20 22 −2 3
3 Crystalline Caverns 2 1 1 8 10 −2 3
4 Hampton Island 2 1 1 14 17 −3 3
5 Chagall 2 0 2 11 16 −5 0

Group 13
Liventia 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 11
Juvencus 0 0 0 4 1 0 1 2 0 8

Valliesta 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Pripet Socialist Republic 0 1 2 0 1 0 0 0 X 4

1 Liventia 3 3 0 15 10 +5 9
2 Schiltzberg 2 2 0 11 7 +4 6
3 Pripet Socialist Republic 3 1 2 6 6 0 3
4 Juvencus 2 0 2 13 17 −4 0
5 Valliesta 2 0 2 2 7 −5 0

Group 14
Kita-Hinode 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 3
The Greater Nordics 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 1 X 5

Hicana 2 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 2 7
West Phoenicia 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 2

1 The Greater Nordics 2 2 0 8 5 +3 6
2 West Phoenicia 3 2 1 16 17 −1 6
3 Kita-Hinode 3 1 2 17 15 +2 3
4 Hicana 2 1 1 8 8 0 3
5 Nevis And Kitts 2 0 2 4 8 −4 0

Group 15
Anthor 0 0 4 0 5 0 0 0 0 9
Ethane 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3

Wabijust 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 0 4
Mezropolis 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

1 Anthor 3 2 1 16 8 +8 6
2 Wabijust 2 2 0 6 3 +3 6
3 Alpine Union 2 1 1 10 11 −1 3
4 Mezropolis 3 1 2 13 15 −2 3
5 Ethane 2 0 2 6 14 −8 0
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Wed May 23, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Xelsis
Ambassador

Corporate Bordello

Postby Xelsis » Wed May 23, 2018 6:44 pm

Entez Sporting Network-WBC Special

"Xelsis's first round of games in its first-ever World Baseball Classic is in the books, and the Xelsian Lightning, composed of the top players from the Xelsian High League, and an addition from the Xelsian Outback League, had their first test working together as a team, and under the leadership of the legendary Coach Browning, they didn't make too bad of a showing for themselves."

"The Lightning, unranked themselves, faced off against two unranked teams, the national team of the Crowned Republic of the Highton Islands, and the Kiwis, from the Federation of Brookspring, in the islands themselves, and then returning home to Pettering Park, the assigned home stadium for the Lightning, before heading to Cassadaigua, hosts of the tournament, for their toughest matchup of the first run against the world's third-ranked team."

"Larry Harlo had the responsibility of taking to the mound in the first-ever international sporting event ever participated in by Xelsis, and he did not disappoint. Going the full nine innings, Harlo was utterly dominant, allowing only three hits and not letting a run across, making a dramatic case for his quest to surpass the long-running dominance of Baker. The offensive effort was classic Xelsian small-ball. After going down in order in the first, Maneros drew a walk, and was bunted over to second by Swatzkova. A bloop single by Garner didn't make it far enough to score him, and after a strikeout by Li, Harlo laid a bunt down the third-base line and beat the throw to first, bringing in the RBI. The one would prove enough, but the Lightning added on another two in the seventh and eighth innings off a Maneros double and a single from Tankeros."

"The second game, before a record crowd estimated at 73,121 at Pettering Park, got off to more of a rocky start, as Rumenoss gave off two runs in the first three innings before settling down, and holding the Kiwis scoreless for the remainder of the game. A two-run double by Garner broke a 2-2 tie in the sixth, and Maneros added his second and third RBIs of the tournament with a double of his own in the eight, sealing a 6-2 win."

"Cassadaigua, however, proved too much of a challenge. A reordered lineup by Browning to counter the elite team has gotten its fair share of criticism on social media, as Chris Smith, replacing Buck Garner at second base, went 0-5, with four strikeouts, including two with runners in scoring position, while Albert Deachrist, a replacement at third base, was 0-5 himself, though once reaching on an error. Facing off against the most fearsome lineup he'd ever faced, whether by stress or simply the skill of the Cassadaiguan batters, Baker was not himself. While the Lightning jumped out to an early two-run lead, after Maneros slapped his fourth double in three games, this one off of Cassadaiguan strikeout expert Mikayla Warren. Maneros is white-hot from the start, 11-14 in the opening days of the tournament. After Baker gave up three runs in six innings to put the Lightning behind again, Reilly O'Connor bunted to first in the top of the seventh, and stole second and third base. After two strikeouts, a wild pitch let him take home, bringing the score to a tie for the last time.

In the bottom of the inning, Baker uncharacteristically couldn't keep the ball out from the center of the plate, giving up a single, ground-rule double, and back-to-back-back singles, the only out coming from Lasitos throwing out an attempted steal of second base, and was pulled for Bubba Stevens, who worked out of the jam with two runners on to end the innings without any further damage. The Lightning would not score again, and took their first loss by a 3-5 margin."

"Even with the sting of the last loss, the Xelsian showing was a strong one as they prepare for more games to come. The seventeenth-ranked New Sangti Indios, who had a rough start, dropping their first two games, are next, followed by a bye, and a rematch against Highton. Both games are at home, and attendance figures are expected to be through the roof as Browning will look to continue off of early successes."

"With the best coverage of the WBC here on Entez Sporting Network, stay tuned for all the news on our national team."
Last edited by Xelsis on Wed May 23, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unashamed Virgin

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Wed May 23, 2018 7:17 pm

Number 2 of 8 in sonnet sequence:

Sonnet 1

Oh, lover dearest, teach me ever all
The ways in which you make me feel your bliss.
In all our days, it seems I do recall
A tender feeling tied tight to your kiss.
Far be it from the ways in which I write
To compliment a woman moderate,
But thee, a spotless virgin dressed in white,
Do make my heart float at a lighter weight.
Thy face doth prove the mighty pow’r of God,
Thine eyes like pearls of heav’n shined from of old,
Thy lips too red to bless this earthly sod,
Thy touch too pure to warm my hand you hold.
And yet, you bless me with your tender touch,
Myself, a mortal, earning nothing such.

Sonnet 2

You make me weary, woman, with your charm,
An infinite and overwhelming dream.
One single word works wonders to disarm
This mind of mine, which otherwise would scheme.
I’m frozen by the calling of my name.
Such simple, gentle parting of your lips
Makes me a still more happy, ever lame,
Compliant pawn set at your fingertips.
These sounds so sweetly slipped into my ear,
Do crawl into the creepings of my brain
To shut out all the other things I hear
And slide out all the slightest bits of pain.
Paralysis is cripplesome to some.
For you, I would be gladly deaf and dumb.
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed May 23, 2018 8:42 pm

Roster

Pitchers:

NO.  POS.  Age    BAT.  THW.  NAME.
#65 SP 25 L R Jake Tyndall
#33 SP 27 R R Alex Furnley
#28 SP 24 R R Timothy Bellinger
#89 SP 28 L L Carl Stepweaver
#24 SP 21 R R Harry Markwright
#70 RP 32 R R Donald Bailey
#29 RP 29 L L Lucas Jaile
#65 RP 23 R R Mark Oswald
#41 RP 27 L L Jamie Parkins
#43 RP 31 L R Eric Mitchell
#56 RP 35 R R Mark Jones

Catchers:

NO.    POS. Age     BAT.   THW.  NAME.
#09 C 25 R R Thomas Harley
#23 C 31 L L Leigh Stinton

Infielders:

NO.    POS.  Age    BAT.  THW.   NAME.
#63 1B 34 R L Randy Perry
#42 2B 28 L L Oliver Curtley
#77 2B 33 R R Philip Lewis
#99 2B 20 R R Samuel Mann
#36 3B 25 L L Graham Wilde
#03 3B 32 L L David Washington
#06 SS 34 R L Jeremy Williams
#86 SS 27 L R Henry Phillipa

Outfielders:

NO.    POS. Age    BAT.  THW.   NAME.
#91 LF 29 L R Joseph Sutton
#80 LF 22 R R Benjamin Lynch
#54 CF 32 L L Ian Fletcher
#39 CF 30 L R John Brady
#51 CF 27 R R Alan Murphy
#13 RF 29 L R Gregory Foster
#19 RF 25 R R Michael Carr
#40 RF 23 L L Jeremiah Wheeler

Designated Hitter:

NO.   POS.  Age     BAT.  THW.   NAME.
#01 DH 26 R R Gerry Myers

Batting Order:

NO.    POS.  Age    BAT.  THW.   NAME.
#63 1B 34 R L Randy Perry
#91 LF 29 L R Joseph Sutton
#23 C 31 L L Leigh Stinton
#40 RF 23 L L Jeremiah Wheeler
#29 RP 29 L L Lucas Jaile
#13 RF 29 L R Gregory Foster
#42 2B 28 L L Oliver Curtley
#80 LF 22 R R Benjamin Lynch
#01 DH 26 R R Gerry Myers

IF DH IS NOT ALLOWED
#77 2B 33 R R Philip Lewis

Staff:

Manager: Angus Lockie (DRK)
Following a dismal World Baseball Classic 37 in which the Red Kites were embarrasingly eliminated in the groups by Drawkland,
Matthew Patterson was fired as manager of the Ethane national baseball team. He was replaced by none other than Angus
Lockie, the team that had led Drawkland when they knocked the Red Kites out during the group stage. He took charge for the
38th World Baseball Classic and led Ethane to the final of the tournament, upsetting Super-Llamaland and Schiltzberg along the
way. HE ALSO WON US WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC 38. THIS GUY IS A LEGEND AND DRAWKLAND WAS RATHER SILLY TO GET RID OF
HIM JUST BEFORE HE HIT HIS A-GAME. The team haven't done quite as well in recent editions of the World Baseball Classic, so
he is looking for a decent run in the WBC to regain the strong confidence his managers had in him during the earlier stages of
his managerial role at Ethane.

Assistant Manager: Barrie Herbertson
First Base Coach: Darrel Summer
Third Base Coach: Clyde Hatheway
Batting Coach: Morgan Paul
Pitching Coach: Bradley Donaldson

Stadium:

The McTidley arena is the baseball arena recently commissioned after the IBS X by the government, as they felt even though not many baseball games take place in Ethane, that we ought to have a baseball arena in Ethane for those times when we would be playing home matches. The McTidley arena is named after the teacher who tried to set up a baseball league in the humorous reality tv show, ''But it's Baseball'', which ran from 2003-2005, and attracted an average of 3 million viewers an episode in its first 2 series. This stadium has recently been expanded with the increasing popularity of baseball in Ethane, and now can hold around 20,000 spectators and is currently operated by the EBA (Ethane Baseball Association).

RP Permissions: My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my runscorers: Yes
Choose my lineup: Yes
Follow my pitching rotation: Sure?
Godmod scoring events: Yes but don't be too unrealistic.
RP injuries to my players: Yes. I decide the length and severity of the injury, but you can report on a potential injury and stuff. I am allowed to 'undo' an injury if it gets in the way of my narrative (eg say rumours of injury were overstated).
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes, but please don't be too unrealistic. Same disclaimer as above.
Godmod other events: Yes, again don't be too unrealistic.
Use DH at home: No.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports