NATION

PASSWORD

The all-purpose NBA thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 21, 2018 6:58 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Why does no one want a cavs-warriors final?

Are the warriors the nba equivalent of the patriots?

Lebron fucking James has been in the finals every year since 20 goddamn 11. It's less Cavs-Warriors, and more I'm fucking sick of his bitch ass in the finals.

Though Cavs-Warriors is a close second reason. No one wants the same finals match-up for a fourth effing time in a row.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Mon May 21, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon May 21, 2018 7:09 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

Lebron fucking James has been in the finals every year since 20 goddamn 11. It's less Cavs-Warriors, and more I'm fucking sick of his bitch ass in the finals.

Though Cavs-Warriors is a close second reason. No one wants the same finals match-up for a fourth effing time in a row.

Maybe he's just a pretty good player
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 21, 2018 7:14 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Lebron fucking James has been in the finals every year since 20 goddamn 11. It's less Cavs-Warriors, and more I'm fucking sick of his bitch ass in the finals.

Maybe he's just a pretty good player

Ha! He's nothing but a whiny bitch who latches onto winning teams. Ran off to Miami when he couldn't win in Cleveland, then ran back to Cleveland when they quit winning and acted like he never left. Just watch. If Cleveland gets bounced before the finals or loses the finals, his whiny ass will be on the next to train to whatever team looks successful next.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon May 21, 2018 7:28 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Maybe he's just a pretty good player

Ha! He's nothing but a whiny bitch who latches onto winning teams. Ran off to Miami when he couldn't win in Cleveland, then ran back to Cleveland when they quit winning and acted like he never left. Just watch. If Cleveland gets bounced before the finals or loses the finals, his whiny ass will be on the next to train to whatever team looks successful next.

Still a 14-time all star though.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 21, 2018 7:30 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Ha! He's nothing but a whiny bitch who latches onto winning teams. Ran off to Miami when he couldn't win in Cleveland, then ran back to Cleveland when they quit winning and acted like he never left. Just watch. If Cleveland gets bounced before the finals or loses the finals, his whiny ass will be on the next to train to whatever team looks successful next.

Still a 14-time all star though.

Yippee for him. I don't care.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 21, 2018 8:14 pm

Well, Boston played like they have all year on the road. But the rest of the series is back at The Garden. So I'm not giving up hope.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon May 21, 2018 8:35 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Well, Boston played like they have all year on the road. But the rest of the series is back at The Garden. So I'm not giving up hope.

Well game 5 is, but won't game 6 be in Cleveland?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Well, Boston played like they have all year on the road. But the rest of the series is back at The Garden. So I'm not giving up hope.

Well game 5 is, but won't game 6 be in Cleveland?

...You see, this is why I got D's in math.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Bendicion
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Mon May 21, 2018 8:45 pm

Because no one wants to see the Cavs lose over and over again.

For your second statement. In a way yeah, but the patriots are more ofnlike the 1999-2017 Spurs.

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

Author of ‘Ben was here o/‘
Self Proclaimed Server Hamster
♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖
From Small Beginnings, Great Things

>>> BENDICION | A STORY KEPT SAFE <<<

NS Issues Work Bench
I like quiet | I hate insensitivity | Perseverance is my drug
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 21, 2018 8:49 pm

Bendicion wrote:

Because no one wants to see the Cavs lose over and over again.

For your second statement. In a way yeah, but the patriots are more ofnlike the 1999-2017 Spurs.

...Oh, I know you didn't just compare my Spurs to those chucklefucks called the Patriots. Thems fighting words.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Tue May 22, 2018 1:32 am

I'm just sick of seeing the same dang thing every dang year. I would complain just as hard if the Super Bowl featured the same matchup every year. It's repetitive and boring and takes a lot of the fun out of watching the NBA.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Tue May 22, 2018 1:48 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Bendicion wrote:Because no one wants to see the Cavs lose over and over again.

...Oh, I know you didn't just compare my Spurs to those chucklefucks called the Patriots. Thems fighting words.

I think it's mainly just a matter of a lot of success sustained over a long period of time. So as much as I also hate the Patriots, it's a compliment nonetheless.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Bendicion
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Tue May 22, 2018 2:09 am

I pretty much like Basketball, and just recently watched some football, I got to enjoy it and was enamoured by the success of the Patriots(I'm a spurs fan and the two teams are sometimes compared because of their sucesses).But, as I soon discovered, many NFL fans hate the Pats, I was confused of course.

But I also thought that in basketball, veteran fans seem to have a more broad idea of teams, hence why many fans hate GSW and Cavs.But many new fans like them a lot. That may be the reason of conflicting interests.

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖

NS Issues Work Bench
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 am

Bendicion wrote:I pretty much like Basketball, and just recently watched some football, I got to enjoy it and was enamoured by the success of the Patriots(I'm a spurs fan and the two teams are sometimes compared because of their sucesses).But, as I soon discovered, many NFL fans hate the Pats, I was confused of course.

But I also thought that in basketball, veteran fans seem to have a more broad idea of teams, hence why many fans hate GSW and Cavs.But many new fans like them a lot. That may be the reason of conflicting interests.

Plus different people choose who they like differently. For a lot of people, their cheering is geographically based, which means certain rivals will be hated regardless of skill level.

Some people are drawn to the skilled teams who have a lot of success, which is fine, though they risk being accused of "bandwagoning." Which is often a fair argument.

Personally, when OKC isn't playing, I cheer for the underdog. I like upsets (and I get bored when they don't happen). I dislike LeBron and the Cavs, even though I have to admit that they're really really good. The same thing happens in every sport. When one team (or in this case two teams) wins a lot, they're more likely to be hated by fans of all the other teams.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue May 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Did I just watch the Rockets turn a 11-point hole into a 7-point lead?

The bearded one has come to save us from those golden enemy!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 22, 2018 7:26 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Did I just watch the Rockets turn a 11-point hole into a 7-point lead?

I knew that Steph Curry voodoo doll would work!

...I mean, go Rockets!
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue May 22, 2018 7:30 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Did I just watch the Rockets turn a 11-point hole into a 7-point lead?

I knew that Steph Curry voodoo doll would work!

...I mean, go Rockets!

Why did he opt for steph (a girls name) rather than the more normal 'steve?'

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue May 22, 2018 7:37 pm

Is Zhou Qi unpopular or just not very good?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Is Zhou Qi unpopular or just not very good?

...I don't even know who that is.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 22, 2018 8:33 pm

Hooray for a tied series!
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Bendicion
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Tue May 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:I knew that Steph Curry voodoo doll would work!

...I mean, go Rockets!

Why did he opt for steph (a girls name) rather than the more normal 'steve?'

Its StephEN

♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖

NS Issues Work Bench

Bendicion
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Tue May 22, 2018 9:19 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Is Zhou Qi unpopular or just not very good?

He is too skinny to be great down in the low post.In other words, he doesn't have the strength to push back opposing big men.

♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖

NS Issues Work Bench

Bendicion
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Tue May 22, 2018 9:20 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Hooray for a tied series!

Its still gonna be the Western Conference Champion who will win the NBA Finals.

♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖

NS Issues Work Bench

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed May 23, 2018 12:27 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Hooray for a tied series!

For fucks sake, I need to start going to sleep early more often, when I turn off because I'm tired at about 4 AM the rockets go on to win.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 23, 2018 8:04 pm

Freaking Survivor finale. I missed the entire game.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General