NATION

PASSWORD

The all-purpose NBA thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 16, 2018 6:41 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Can you please convince this British Rockets fan that his team has a chance of beating warriors?

Well, you are playing Golden State. The team who pulled the biggest choke-job in finals history after setting a season win record.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Wed May 16, 2018 8:51 am

Idzequitch wrote:
The South Falls wrote:That's the problem with being good at basketball. When you're the #1 pick, you always go to the crappiest teams! The Suns are as bad as the 76ers use to be.

But the Sixers have shown that you can eventually claw your way out of the bottom. As long as you don't suck at drafting with your high picks like the Browns in the NFL.

The Suns are bad because they can't develop their high picks so they end up being worthless, and they go to other teams, where they are sometimes better.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat May 19, 2018 7:56 pm

This game was not even remotely competitive. Boston better hope they got more than this in the tank if they wanna make it past King Douche.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat May 19, 2018 9:34 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:This game was not even remotely competitive. Boston better hope they got more than this in the tank if they wanna make it past King Douche.

I missed the game, I'm watching it on game replay.
I can't help but notice that the Celtics either had a lot of injuries or, stupidly, rested a load of players.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sun May 20, 2018 5:45 am

I would literally pay money if it meant the Finals would be anything other than Dubs-Cavs. Please, oh great basketball gods. Give us a break from the torture.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun May 20, 2018 5:52 am

Idzequitch wrote:I would literally pay money if it meant the Finals would be anything other than Dubs-Cavs. Please, oh great basketball gods. Give us a break from the torture.

Pray to the rocket gods tonight
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun May 20, 2018 6:51 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I would literally pay money if it meant the Finals would be anything other than Dubs-Cavs. Please, oh great basketball gods. Give us a break from the torture.

Pray to the rocket gods tonight

Oh mighty Bearded One, slay these golden monsters!
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Sun May 20, 2018 9:10 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Pray to the rocket gods tonight

...This OKC fan is still ever so slightly bitter about how things ended with the bearded one.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun May 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Pray to the rocket gods tonight

The bearded one has failed us! Whatever shall we do?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun May 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Oh mighty Bearded One, slay these golden monsters!

The bearded one has failed us! Whatever shall we do?

Game isn't over yet. A comeback isn't entirely improbable.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Sun May 20, 2018 6:32 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:The bearded one has failed us! Whatever shall we do?

gold is the state :^)
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun May 20, 2018 6:34 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:The bearded one has failed us! Whatever shall we do?

I love the rockets but I do wonder why in almost every game they go through a stage where they just turn off.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun May 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Game isn't over yet. A comeback isn't entirely improbable.

I love the rockets but I do wonder why in almost every game they go through a stage where they just turn off.

Cause Harden is the Matt Ryan of the NBA. Always chokes in the big moment.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun May 20, 2018 6:37 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I love the rockets but I do wonder why in almost every game they go through a stage where they just turn off.

Cause Harden is the Matt Ryan of the NBA. Always chokes in the big moment.

Every team should be given a free LeBron to stick in any position and they see how they use it

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun May 20, 2018 6:39 pm

I don't see the rockets coming out of this one.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun May 20, 2018 6:44 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Cause Harden is the Matt Ryan of the NBA. Always chokes in the big moment.

Every team should be given a free LeBron to stick in any position and they see how they use it

At the rate bitch boy switches teams, every team will probably get him for real before he retires.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun May 20, 2018 6:49 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Every team should be given a free LeBron to stick in any position and they see how they use it

At the rate bitch boy switches teams, every team will probably get him for real before he retires.

He's played for literally two teams.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun May 20, 2018 6:51 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:At the rate bitch boy switches teams, every team will probably get him for real before he retires.

He's played for literally two teams.

I like to exaggerate about people I don't like. Sue me.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun May 20, 2018 7:02 pm

Not a Warriors game til Draymond gets a technical...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun May 20, 2018 7:05 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Not a Warriors game til Draymond gets a technical...

Hopefully they'll all get injured like the Celtics did

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun May 20, 2018 7:17 pm

41 point loss. Oh, Houston is so going to blow this.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sun May 20, 2018 7:29 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:41 point loss. Oh, Houston is so going to blow this.

Is it blowing it if you’ve never led in the series?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun May 20, 2018 7:44 pm

Saint Ryvern wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:41 point loss. Oh, Houston is so going to blow this.

Is it blowing it if you’ve never led in the series?

I'd say so. Houston was the hyped team this year. And they've just fallen asleep in this conference final.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Mon May 21, 2018 7:20 am

Ouch. That's all I've got to say about that one.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon May 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Why does no one want a cavs-warriors final?

Are the warriors the nba equivalent of the patriots?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General