NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Sandbox/Survival/Horror - OOC / ALWAYS OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Thu May 17, 2018 9:00 pm

So, is the gifted slot still available. Also, just to tell you, I can only write the back story once I finished the likes, dislikes, and fear, as well as equipments, to explain how my character got all of these, and some backstroke on why he come to like, dislike, and fear those
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 am

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:Name: Crystal Wu
Age (DoB): 30, 25th December 1986
Nationality: Taiwan
Ethnicity: Han Chinese
Appearance:

Immunity: Carrier

Equipment:

A backpack, filled with a bottle of water, 4 energy bars and a military-grade ration, flashlight, and pepper spray.
A Glock 19C, with full magazine.
Identification Papers
Wool Hat
Dark Green Jacket
Black Shirt
Blue Jeans
Shoes

Skills:
- Skilled with modern technologies application
- A good spotter and perceptive
- Self-resourceful to a certain degree
Weaknesses:
- Physically she is just a civilian and not athletically trained
- No combat experience
- Knows English, but not very fluent. Pre-apocalypse she relied on translators, but with no access of it she may finds interaction as a possible but hard thing to do
- Not trained to assess combat situations, may acts unintentionally or accidentally
Accolades: (Badges of honor to be earned.)

Personality: Independent, self-resourceful, and compassionate, nonetheless she also show signs of mild depression because of pressures from her family that still reeled and her sadness on not finding her fiancee.
Dislikes: Exhausted, cold water, barbecue.
Fears: Never finds her fiancee and dies alone.

Biography:

Born in Taiwan and raised in Taiwan, Crystal was part of Taiwan's political echelons. Or at least, her family is and still is. Her father was a high-ranked government official, at one point between her teenagehood and college years, while her mother was a socialite and a fashion designer. She was the youngest from three siblings. Her eldest brother was a soldier, while her elder sister was a doctor. So yeah, a lot of pressures in her family. She went through schools relatively good, though she showed an excellence and hobby in technology. She appreciated the hobby and able to joined a robotic competition in Taiwan.

Her college years was more passive, though she indicated that she wanted to be independent and not working for someone else or in a corporation not owned by her. After college, though, she rebounded to Google as a programmer and in her spare time, as photographers. Her programming work proved to be crucial as she innovated the foundation of advanced compression algorithm which makes data storage easier and kickstarts the enter of commercial data usage.

Taiwan government put a contract to Taiwan's Google branch for tech assistances, and although she didn't like the idea as they specifically chose her to be the team leader, she obliged nonetheless. But the contract put her on a list of HVT because of her importance in tech development, and after an incident of data leak and being assaulted, she decided she need to stepped up her game. She decided to put more money on bodyguards. She also realized she needed a time of relaxation and with her family pressures on her to marry someone, she obliged. At this point, she felt increasingly pressured and not enjoying her life in Taiwan. A string of failed dates hampered her efforts.

She was 27 when she met her soon-to-be husband, Lee Kwai-Im, a Major in the military, army. They enjoyed each other's presences. Soon, she returned to Google branch in Chicago, seeing it as a place of safety for her and Lee Kwai-Im also agreed, since he was also discharged and turned in Chicago, working as security employee for Atlas Corporation. However, immediately not long after her boyfriend proposed on her and she accepted, he was recalled back as the first day of Outbreak began. She was left inside Chicago and her family's attempts to get her back to Taiwan failed. She fled to her penthouse but it was clear that the containment was a failure. Her bodyguards bailed out as the Outbreak began to showed its...result, and she was left alone, huddled inside for safety, though when the entire city collapsed, she realized she had no choice but to get out from her safe place and to get on two objectives:

1. Find her fiancee.

2. Get out from Chicago.

RP Example: Yes.

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

Edited, pending review. Her soon-to-be-husband's name is Lee Kwai-Im.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018

Postby Granluras » Fri May 18, 2018 11:54 am

Name: Isaiah Ryder
Age (DoB): 37 (5-22-79)
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: White
Appearance:
Which is it? Choose wisely.

I was about to use a picture of Steve McQueen but Gillette ended up giving me an even better picture. Height - 190.6 cm | Weight - 78.5 kg

Occupation: Researcher at ATLAS/Research subject of ATLAS (due to immunity)
Immunity: Immune

Equipment: Basic research tools which can be fit on a person plus a Remington 870

Skills: Highly educated (a skill that got him into ATLAS); good survivalist skills; physically fit (and active), contributing to a beneficially high agility and strength; charismatic (beneficial in more situations than you think); bilingual (English and Spanish primarily, with partial comprehension of the primary European languages (so he can basically talk with a quarter of all humans)); doesn’t stress out too much during tense situations
Weaknesses: Old injury in right (and dominant) arm hinders him slightly; blunt and straightforward (more of a social weakness but still a weakness);

Personality: A fun dude to be around, but he is not one how beats around the bush, being straightforward in almost all of his statements (sometimes too straightforward); has a above average level of charisma, making him skilled at “emotionally coercing” people (although he is no mind changer or telepath, this isn’t a superhero roleplay); his high intellect provided by a good and lengthy education has given him a bit of snobbiness, but not too much, and his intellectual attitude is primarily expressed in the forms of being an aficionado of certain [upper-class] things such as classical music, fine literature (and wine), and history.

Biography: You’re going to have a blast reading this
Now this is the story all about how
Isaiah’s life got flipped, turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called ATLAS Research Facility - Chicago

In west Chicago born and raised
On the campus of Athens University of Chicago where he spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all studying for his exams outside of the school
When a couple of guys, they were up to no good
Started bioterrorizing in his neighbourhood
He got in one little fight for supplies and his mom got scared
And said "Fuck this I’m out of here!"

He whistled for a cab and when it came near the
Driver said "run" and had blood on the mirror
If anything he could say that this city was seriously screwed
But he thought nah, forget it, he’ll- oh fuck, then he got bit!

He walked up to a facility about seven or eight
And he yelled to the guards "Yo, homes can you help me!?"
Looked at his kingdom he was finally there
To sit on his throne as the prince of ATLAS Research Facility - Chicago

Best I could do with the lyrics, good enough for you? Anyway here’s the serious bio:
Isaiah Ryder was born and raised in Chicago to two upper-middle class parents. He lived a good, well-educated life, attending the University of Chicago from age 17-22.

In 2016, the T-13 virus was released and began ravaging the United States. Initially intending to leave the US with his parents, Isaiah got separated by a fight with a group of other people over supplies. Separated for too long, his parents painstakingly made the decision to just go and leave.

Now stuck in Chicago, Isaiah tried to subsist for as long as he could even while the city and nation around him fell to ruins. Amidst this chaos Isaiah was bitten by an infected, and tried to get to help, eventually coming across ATLAS’ facility in Chicago. It was under ATLAS’ care that Isaiah discovered he was fully immune, as he didn’t turn and the mutagen cells in him were destroyed. He was taken in by ATLAS, employed by them, but also turned into a research subject.

Since then, Isaiah has been an important factor in ATLAS’ study of the T-13 virus and of T-13 immunity. This hasn’t effected his life to greatly, although he is confined to the facility’s walls for a majority of his time with a few hours of allotted free time daily. As of Day 25 of the outbreak Isaiah is healthy, popular amongst the Chicagoan ATLAS employees, [mentally and physically] stable, and happy.

RP Example: From a nation roleplay and from a character roleplay

Reminiscence

est. 2018

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017

Postby The Batavia » Fri May 18, 2018 12:00 pm

Tag

Could I make a gifted Character? I'll make sure he'll have enough cons to balance him out.
Last edited by The Batavia on Fri May 18, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Fri May 18, 2018 12:05 pm

Granluras wrote:Name: Isaiah Ryder

DENIED. Didn't even get through the app, but the "joke" annoyed me and I'm already having a bad day. Also, actually looking through the app, the lyrics are another no from me. I like apps to be straightforward.

The Batavia wrote:Tag

Could I make a gifted Character? I'll make sure he'll have enough cons to balance him out.

Yes. If you have ideas and want some critique then feel free to ask.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri May 18, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri May 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Granluras wrote:Name: Isaiah Ryder
Age (DoB): 37 (5-22-79)
Ethnicity: White
Appearance:
Which is it? Choose wisely.

(Image)
I was about to use a picture of Steve McQueen but Gillette ended up giving me an even better picture. Height - 190.6 cm | Weight - 78.5 kg

Occupation: Researcher at ATLAS/Research subject of ATLAS (due to immunity)
Immunity: Immune

Equipment: Basic research tools which can be fit on a person plus a Remington 870

Skills: Highly educated (a skill that got him into ATLAS); good survivalist skills; physically fit (and active), contributing to a beneficially high agility and strength; charismatic (beneficial in more situations than you think); bilingual (English and Spanish primarily, with partial comprehension of the primary European languages (so he can basically talk with a quarter of all humans)); doesn’t stress out too much during tense situations
Weaknesses: Old injury in right (and dominant) arm hinders him slightly; blunt and straightforward (more of a social weakness but still a weakness);

Personality: A fun dude to be around, but he is not one how beats around the bush, being straightforward in almost all of his statements (sometimes too straightforward); has a above average level of charisma, making him skilled at “emotionally coercing” people (although he is no mind changer or telepath, this isn’t a superhero roleplay); his high intellect provided by a good and lengthy education has given him a bit of snobbiness, but not too much, and his intellectual attitude is primarily expressed in the forms of being an aficionado of certain [upper-class] things such as classical music, fine literature (and wine), and history.

Biography: You’re going to have a blast reading this
Now this is the story all about how
Isaiah’s life got flipped, turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called ATLAS Research Facility - Chicago

In west Chicago born and raised
On the campus of Athens University of Chicago where he spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all studying for his exams outside of the school
When a couple of guys, they were up to no good
Started bioterrorizing in his neighbourhood
He got in one little fight for supplies and his mom got scared
And said "Fuck this I’m out of here!"

He whistled for a cab and when it came near the
Driver said "run" and had blood on the mirror
If anything he could say that this city was seriously screwed
But he thought nah, forget it, he’ll- oh fuck, then he got bit!

He walked up to a facility about seven or eight
And he yelled to the guards "Yo, homes can you help me!?"
Looked at his kingdom he was finally there
To sit on his throne as the prince of ATLAS Research Facility - Chicago

Best I could do with the lyrics, good enough for you? Anyway here’s the serious bio:
Isaiah Ryder was born and raised in Chicago to two upper-middle class parents. He lived a good, well-educated life, attending the University of Chicago from age 17-22.

In 2016, the T-13 virus was released and began ravaging the United States. Initially intending to leave the US with his parents, Isaiah got separated by a fight with a group of other people over supplies. Separated for too long, his parents painstakingly made the decision to just go and leave.

Now stuck in Chicago, Isaiah tried to subsist for as long as he could even while the city and nation around him fell to ruins. Amidst this chaos Isaiah was bitten by an infected, and tried to get to help, eventually coming across ATLAS’ facility in Chicago. It was under ATLAS’ care that Isaiah discovered he was fully immune, as he didn’t turn and the mutagen cells in him were destroyed. He was taken in by ATLAS, employed by them, but also turned into a research subject.

Since then, Isaiah has been an important factor in ATLAS’ study of the T-13 virus and of T-13 immunity. This hasn’t effected his life to greatly, although he is confined to the facility’s walls for a majority of his time with a few hours of allotted free time daily. As of Day 25 of the outbreak Isaiah is healthy, popular amongst the Chicagoan ATLAS employees, [mentally and physically] stable, and happy.

RP Example: From a nation roleplay and from a character roleplay

A multitude of issues. First and foremost being the morphological impossibility of a human being taking the appearance and physiological structure of a beanstalk. name the research tools. All of them. As well as list the ammo the shotgun has.

His bio is a bit odd, seeing as you reiterate it in song. Furthermore, his job at Atlas makes no sense, seeing as Atlas pretty much tanked after the first infected started appearing on Day 7. SInce then Atlas has become Defunct and is scattered. Chicago no longer has an organized anything from corporations to military outposts. By Day 25 there would be no ATLAS to get help from, or to make friends with. I'd also like a more extensive exploration of his life, what's he educated in? What was this old injury? Where did he learn Spanish?
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Fri May 18, 2018 3:49 pm

Name: Anthony Hammond
Age (DoB): 34 (4-15-1982)
Ethnicity: White (English)
Appearance: Anthony Hammond

Immunity: None

Equipment:
  • Clothing
    • White rescue helmet w/ headlamp
    • Dark blue FEMA t-shirt
    • Dark blue work pants
    • Black leather work boots
    • Tan leather work gloves
  • On Person
    • Bic lighter (3.38g butane left)
    • Black whistle and necklac
    • 1 liter Canteen (2/3 full)
    • Wallet
      • $62 cash
      • Photo ID
      • Credit Card (disconnected due to societal collapse)
    • 2x MRE
    • 3x granola bars
  • Grey Utility Harness
    • Columbia River ULTIMA Knife & sheath
    • Black flashlight (50% charge)
    • 2 AA batteries
    • 60 foot climbing rope
    • Compass
    • GPS device (dead)
    • UHF/VHF Radio (broken)
    • 3x carabiner clips

Skills:
  • Physically Fit
  • Good Climber
  • Calm Under Pressure
  • Trained EMT
Weaknesses:
  • Obstinate
  • Impatient
  • Complete Disregard For Personal Safety
  • Inexperienced And Uncomfortable with Combat

Accolades:

Personality: Anthony is a dedicated, compassionate, and hard-working man, but he suffers from a stubborn disposition, particularly when attempting to rescue others, often putting himself in dangerous situations. He is also dedicated to his pacifism, even agaonst the zombies, and refuses to maim or kill unless absolutely and completely necessary.
Biography: Born in Cincinnati, Anthony grew up in a lower-class slum, the son of a dead-beat, drunk, and abusive ex-construction worker for a father, and a meek and spineless waitress of a mother, the oldest of five. His dad was sent to prison when he was 12 for beating his mother nearly into a pulp, and was killed shortly afterwards in a prison yard brawl, leaving Anthony to become the provider of the household as him mom recovered. He took odd jobs around the neighborhood, and helped out at the restaurant his mom worked at, barely scraping together enough money for rent, let alone food or utilities, but amazingly, his family made it by.

After she recovered, his mom was largely catatonic and spent her days sitting in the living room smoking and drinking, while Anthony juggled work and school, busting his ass all the way through and becoming salutatorian, and being offered a scholarship to Ohio State University to play basketball, but he declined in order to stay home and continue taking care of his siblings. He joined the Cincinnati Fire Department when he was 19, and quickly established himself as a hard-worker, dedicated and compassionate, but also recklessly stubborn, often putting himself at risk to save others, earning him just as many reprimands as he received commendations.

When his youngest sibling graduated high school, Anthony didn't have to provide for anyone any more, as his mother was dying in hospice care and his siblings were either stable and well-off, or imprisoned, and for the first time in his life he could do something for himself. He decided he was going to receive a degree, just for his own sake, and began taking night classes at a local community college, receiving an Associates in Sociology, the subject that most interested him in his classes.

Having lived through and seen the tragedies of 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina, and seeing the work that FEMA and other rescue workers performed, Anthony left the CFD after 15 years of service and joined FEMA as a full-time urban search and rescue worker, shortly before the Chicago Outbreak. Anthony was deployed with Ohio Task Force 1 to Chicago to aid in urban search and rescue operations, as well as general aid operations, and performed admirable with his team even in the face of a growing zombie population, along with a more violent surviving populace. Roughly three weeks into the quarantine, Anthony became separated from his team while fleeing a group of zombies, and was left alone in the city, holed up in the burned-out ruins of a mini-mart, still in his rescue gear, and without any way to resupply or contact his team, as his radio was broken in the act of fleeing, and his GPS died shortly afterwards. He didn't even have a backpack or sleeping bag, as they had deployed on a simple rescue operation that was supposed to take a few hours. He only had a few dried MREs and granola bars, a mostly-full canteen, and a few tools he'd packed into his harness, but was left without a tent or sleeping bag, and so Anthony's main mission is to link up with any remaining government forces, or better yet, his own team, and return to rescuing and evacuating civilians.

RP Example: Really?

Last edited by Sarejo on Mon May 21, 2018 12:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
Cheers mates.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri May 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Not a 100% promise but IC is likely to be up Monday night, possibly Tuesday depending on life. If you're still working on an app, or haven't started one but want to join, don't fret as the RP will always be open. No limit to the roster.

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Sat May 19, 2018 8:58 am

-
Last edited by The Batavia on Mon May 21, 2018 2:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.

Hastur
Envoy

Founded: Jul 01, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Hastur » Sat May 19, 2018 10:53 am

The Batavia wrote:Name: Thomas Martens
Age (DoB): 26 (8-6-1991)
Nationality: Dutch-American
Ethnicity: Dutch, Indonesian
Appearance: 6'2, 148 Lbs, Brown short curly hair, Beige skin colour, brown short hair, bright blue eyes. His eyes are slightly Asian-like.

Immunity: Gifted: Thomas was one of the first to be infected by the biological agent. See'ing how many died by the infection, Thomas thought it would only be a matter of time before he'd pass away as well. Fortunately for him, he didn't, in fact the virus made him stronger. His vision, hearing and senses have greatly improved, he's able to react to things in mere miliseconds, is able to run as fast as a professional athlete and posses superhuman strenght. However, this 'blessing' is also a curse. Thomas will sometimes suffer from hallucinations and nightmares, will feel hungry quicker and at some occasions (although rarely), his body will become very aggressive and attack everything that moves, even if his mind doesn't consent.

Equipment:
-M1911 (Holds 7+1 rounds)
-56x .45 ACP rounds (8 mags)
-Iron baseball bat
-Swiss army knife
-Survival rucksack
-Flashlight
-2x Energy drinks
-Canned food
-Water bottles
-Wallet (With ID and a few bucks)
-Samsung Galaxy J3

Clothes:
-Black glasses
-Dark red hoodie
-Jeans
-Running shoes
-Black fingerless gloves
-Black T-shirt

Skills:
-Gifted (duh)
-Knows how to use firearms
-Very intelligent
-Stragetic/logical thinker
-Great hand-eye coordination
-Good at focussing
Weaknesses:
-The "after effects" of the virus
-Not a good leader
-Has trouble staying silent (As in sneaking around kinda silent)
-Doesn't have any medical training whatsoever

Personality: Although not the most expressive person in the world, Thomas is kind and tries treats almost everyone with respect. He always tries to think rationally and likes to view a issue from each point of view before coming to a conclusion. Thomas may come across as 'Geeky' when he talks about a subject he has high interest in.
Dislikes: Arrogance, rain, malfunctions

Biography: Thomas Martens was born in 1991 in Utrecht, The Netherlands, to a Dutch father and Indonesian mother. At young age you could already tell that Thomas loved video games, he also was pretty intelligent for his age. When Thomas turned 12 his parents got divorced and he moved with his dad to the United States, where they both acquired American citizenship, which after that they moved to Chicago.

Thomas was quick to learn fluent English, although his Dutch accent never went away. In Highschool he earned high grades, found friends with simmilliar interests as him and was luckily enough never bullied. In the weekends his father would often take him out of the city to go to the firing range. After finishing highschool Thomas went to The University of Chicago where he earned a degree in ICT Programming. Not much later, he would find a job at a software development company in the city, which made a very good living. Thomas never really thought of getting a girlfriend.

When he found out the virus he was infected gave him benefits, Thomas would prepare for the apocalypse. He had played zombies games before but the thought that might actually happen in real life never really came to mind. He will try to use the knowledge he got from playing those games in real life, although he knows that 'walkers' are probably far more dangerous IRL.

RP Example: Despacito

Some problems with the application as a Co-op.

• The characters gifted aspect is extremely strong. Not only is Martens senses and reaction ability dramatically increased, with him being able to react to stimulus in mere milliseconds, his physical attributes are also greatly improved to the point of rivalling professional athletes. A massive improvement in comparison to the weakness of hallucinations, nightmares, a faster metabolism and the rare moment of extreme aggression. I’d personally recommend improved senses or improved physical attributes. Not both. One is already a huge benefit to a person.
  • Eight magazines is a large amount to be carrying around.
  • An RP example would be great.
Last edited by Hastur on Sat May 19, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Sat May 19, 2018 11:29 am

Hastur wrote:Some problems with the application as a Co-op.

• The characters gifted aspect is extremely strong. Not only is Martens senses and reaction ability dramatically increased, with him being able to react to stimulus in mere milliseconds, his physical attributes are also greatly improved to the point of rivalling professional athletes. A massive improvement in comparison to the weakness of hallucinations, nightmares, a faster metabolism and the rare moment of extreme aggression. I’d personally recommend improved senses or improved physical attributes. Not both. One is already a huge benefit to a person.

Ok, I will do. But would you please explain what "RP example" means?

Hastur
Envoy

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Hastur » Sat May 19, 2018 11:42 am

The Batavia wrote:
Hastur wrote:Some problems with the application as a Co-op.

Ok, I will do. But would you please explain what "RP example" means?

An RP example is essentially an example of your writing either through a previous post or a written paragraph. It is essentially there to give the OP an idea of your writing style.
Last edited by Hastur on Sat May 19, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Central Shadow Nation
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Sat May 19, 2018 11:45 am

tag
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Sat May 19, 2018 12:04 pm

Appearance: 6'2, 148 Lbs, Brown short curly hair, Beige skin colour, brown short hair, bright blue eyes. His eyes are slightly Asian-like.

Immunity: Gifted: Thomas was one of the first to be infected by the biological agent. See'ing how many died by the infection, Thomas thought it would only be a matter of time before he'd pass away as well. Fortunately for him, he didn't, in fact the virus made him stronger. His vision, hearing and senses have greatly improved and he's able to react to things in mere miliseconds. However, this 'blessing' is also a curse. Thomas will sometimes suffer from hallucinations and nightmares, will feel hungry quicker and at some occasions (although rarely), his body will become very aggressive and attack everything that moves, even if his mind doesn't consent.

Equipment:
-35x .45 ACP rounds (5 mags)
-Iron baseball bat
-Swiss army knife
-Survival rucksack
-Flashlight
-2x Energy drinks
-Canned food
-Water bottles
-Samsung Galaxy J3

Clothes:
-Black glasses
-Dark red hoodie
-Jeans
-Running shoes
-Black fingerless gloves
-Black T-shirt

Skills:
-Gifted (duh)
-Very intelligent
-Good at focussing
Weaknesses:
-Not a good leader

Personality: Although not the most expressive person in the world, Thomas is kind and tries treats almost everyone with respect. He always tries to think rationally and likes to view a issue from each point of view before coming to a conclusion. Thomas may come across as 'Geeky' when he talks about a subject he has high interest in.

Biography: Thomas Martens was born in 1991 in Utrecht, The Netherlands, to a Dutch father and Indonesian mother. At young age you could already tell that Thomas loved video games, he also was pretty intelligent for his age. When Thomas turned 12 his parents got divorced and he moved with his dad to the United States, where they both acquired American citizenship, which after that they moved to Chicago.

Thomas was quick to learn fluent English, although his Dutch accent never went away. In Highschool he earned high grades, found friends with simmilliar interests as him and was luckily enough never bullied. In the weekends his father would often take him out of the city to go to the firing range. After finishing highschool Thomas went to The University of Chicago where he earned a degree in ICT Programming. Not much later, he would find a job at a software development company in the city, which made a very good living. Thomas never really thought of getting a girlfriend.

When he found out the virus he was infected gave him benefits, Thomas would prepare for the apocalypse. He had played zombies games before but the thought that might actually happen in real life never really came to mind. He will try to use the knowledge he got from playing those games in real life, although he knows that 'walkers' are probably far more dangerous IRL.

RP Example: I can give you this

Fixed the app.

Hastur
Envoy

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Hastur » Sat May 19, 2018 12:54 pm

The Batavia wrote:

Immunity: Gifted: Thomas was one of the first to be infected by the biological agent. See'ing how many died by the infection, Thomas thought it would only be a matter of time before he'd pass away as well. Fortunately for him, he didn't, in fact the virus made him stronger. His vision, hearing and senses have greatly improved and he's able to react to things in mere miliseconds. However, this 'blessing' is also a curse. Thomas will sometimes suffer from hallucinations and nightmares, will feel hungry quicker and at some occasions (although rarely), his body will become very aggressive and attack everything that moves, even if his mind doesn't consent.

Equipment:
-35x .45 ACP rounds (5 mags)
-Iron baseball bat
-Swiss army knife
-Survival rucksack
-Flashlight
-2x Energy drinks
-Canned food
-Water bottles
-Samsung Galaxy J3

Clothes:
-Black glasses
-Dark red hoodie
-Jeans
-Running shoes
-Black fingerless gloves
-Black T-shirt

Skills:
-Gifted (duh)
-Very intelligent
-Good at focussing
Weaknesses:
-Not a good leader

RP Example: I can give you this

Fixed the app.

Thanks, I'll let Bei push over the rest.

For future reference, there is a little file hyperlink at the top of a post will provide a link directly to a post. Handy for providing examples.

Huntpublic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Huntpublic » Sat May 19, 2018 7:13 pm

Name: Zachary Cash
Age (DoB): 25 (11/25/1993)
Nationality: American (US)
Ethnicity: African American
Appearance:
Zach is 6'0" tall, and has a reasonably muscular ectomorphic body build.
Immunity: None

Equipment: He just starts out with a trench knife. He has a pair of Nike running shoes and Underarmor Joggers. And a sports hoody. And he has a black Nike sports backpack.

Skills: He had some mixed martial arts training back in middle and early high school, he is still kind of rusty though. He also runs a lot so he has pretty good endurance. Really good cook.
Weaknesses: His compassion. He is a very caring person(That could be a strength and a weakness). Easily taken advantage of. He is very scared of the dark(though that would fall under fears) Though he is very nice, he cares a lot about what others think of him and tries to be friends with everyone. He is very bad at shooting, his aim is horrible and he doesn't know his way around a gun at all.

Accolades: I'm not sure what to put here, sorry.

Personality: He likes to talk even to the disadvantage of his group. He also enjoys being in the leader position, though he is inclined to let others lead. He is a generally optimistic person, a devout Christian, and he very outgoing person.
Dislikes: (optional)
Fears: Scared of the dark, being alone. And especially worse, being alone in the dark *shudders*

Biography: Zach had grown up most of his life in Chicago. He was born in New York, but his parents moved up north. But, during a break in his parents were murdered. So, he became an orphan. But then one day another family came into the orphanage he was at. They were on a church "mission" and they decided to adopt him. Soon after they moved to Chicago where he lived for the rest of his life. Zachary was involved with mixed martial arts back in early highschool and late middle school. He did reasonably well, not outstanding, but pretty good. He also used to be in cross-country, so he is pretty fast. After graduating highschool, Zach was debating on whether to join the military or not, but he decided to stay and start a business.

So, Zach had gone to culinary school for a few years, he was able to define his cooking skills and fine-tune them. After he had got back from culinary school, he used the extra money that his foster parents would have given him to go to a proper college and used it to fund his restaurant. His restaurant is a small restaurant. The restaurant name is "Cash's Food Eatery", and it served burgers, pizza and what it's famous for, homemade macaroni and cheese.

During the early days of the outbreak, he was dating this one girl, Anne Wyles, though she did end up moving out of the city and dumping Zach. He is living on his own, in a moderately expensive apartment. It wasn't too bad because owning his business actually made pretty good money. His goal in life was to become financially free with his business and retire at an early age. Needless to say, that didn't work out the way he expected it too.

RP Example: This would be my first time doing a character-rp, but I do have a nation-rp that might count Here ya go

Disclaimer: I am new to this type of role-playing, so if my application is not up to par, please help me correct my mistakes.

Last edited by Huntpublic on Mon May 21, 2018 3:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
HUNTPUBLIC TIMES: The Huntpublican Military has joined the NATO planned Trident Juncture 2018, it's Amphibious Assault Forces will be working closely with U.S. Marines in a simulated naval invasion of Norway, 
more photos and videos to come!

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat May 19, 2018 7:59 pm

Huntpublic wrote:Name: Zachary Cash

Hi! Since I'm a Co-OP, I'll go ahead and state some issues with your app that could be worked on. Personally, I really like the character but the bio is a bit sparse. The fast food restaurant needs to be elaborated on a good bit, as does a lot of stuff such as his adoptive parents and perhaps his biological parents, maybe even his time in the orphanage. Opening up your own fast food restaurant would be pretty expensive, depending on the franchise he decides to open. Or did you mean that he makes his own restaurant, diner type thing? That would be a lot more feasible, if a lot less lucrative of a business. Those are the only problems I see, if Beia or one of the other Co-OPs sees something else, I'll let them say it.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 19, 2018 8:20 pm

App looks good. Like Kentucky said, I woundn't mind a few more sentences in the bio expanding on things, such as his restaurant or his life in general, just to get a feel for the character, otherwise I have no complaints. As for the accolades, don't worry, it's something I'm trying out where people can earn bragging rights by completing various challenges throughout the RP.

Alright, so, for starters, I'm fairly certain basing your survival knowledge on a video game is a sure fire way to end up dead, just saying. About his being Gifted, his bouts of mindless rage sounds more like TB-13, Infected, since they're the ones who attack everything in sight. Having some brain issue is fine, but maybe nix the rage. I've also seen hallucinations done poorly (sometimes good, but a lot of bad) so I hope you know what you're doing. And how many water bottles do you have? Lastly, I ask that his skill with guns be somewhat tame.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sat May 19, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huntpublic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Huntpublic » Sat May 19, 2018 8:49 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

App looks good. Like Kentucky said, I woundn't mind a few more sentences in the bio expanding on things, such as his restaurant or his life in general, just to get a feel for the character, otherwise I have no complaints. As for the accolades, don't worry, it's something I'm trying out where people can earn bragging rights by completing various challenges throughout the RP.

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Hi! Since I'm a Co-OP, I'll go ahead and state some issues with your app that could be worked on. Personally, I really like the character but the bio is a bit sparse. The fast food restaurant needs to be elaborated on a good bit, as does a lot of stuff such as his adoptive parents and perhaps his biological parents, maybe even his time in the orphanage. Opening up your own fast food restaurant would be pretty expensive, depending on the franchise he decides to open. Or did you mean that he makes his own restaurant, diner type thing? That would be a lot more feasible, if a lot less lucrative of a business. Those are the only problems I see, if Beia or one of the other Co-OPs sees something else, I'll let them say it.

Thanks for the feedback, i'll get around to editing the application. Probably sometime later in the day tomorrow, I have church and stuff, so im going to have some time needed to edit the application.
HUNTPUBLIC TIMES: The Huntpublican Military has joined the NATO planned Trident Juncture 2018, it's Amphibious Assault Forces will be working closely with U.S. Marines in a simulated naval invasion of Norway, 

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Huntpublic wrote:Thanks for the feedback, i'll get around to editing the application. Probably sometime later in the day tomorrow, I have church and stuff, so im going to have some time needed to edit the application.

No problem.

Huntpublic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Huntpublic » Sat May 19, 2018 10:04 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Huntpublic wrote:Thanks for the feedback, i'll get around to editing the application. Probably sometime later in the day tomorrow, I have church and stuff, so im going to have some time needed to edit the application.

No problem.

i edited it a little, let me know if you need anything else.

P.S I just decided to get the editing over with now. Better sooner than later

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 19, 2018 10:12 pm

Only issue would be the MMA bit in the bio. Move it somewhere earlier since it was during high school, so as to keep the writing chronological. Only issue and it's minor. A copy/paste.

Huntpublic
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Huntpublic » Sat May 19, 2018 10:17 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

Only issue would be the MMA bit in the bio. Move it somewhere earlier since it was during high school, so as to keep the writing chronological. Only issue and it's minor. A copy/paste.

Okay, i moved my mma thing earlier.

so i think i actually fixed it this time
Last edited by Huntpublic on Sat May 19, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sat May 19, 2018 10:33 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 19, 2018 10:54 pm

Sorry. Got distracted elsewhere. ACCEPTED.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse