NATION

PASSWORD

The Precedent of the United States: 2052 Election RP [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ascysia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ascysia » Wed May 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Mason City, Iowa | Sunday 28th

Faulkner was canvassing just a day after a large rally at Cedar Rapids. Last night he was able to secure the backing of a group of new New Hampshire businessmen. Small business was his focus when it came to financing, especially people with motels or convention centers. He was able to secure two sites for rallies, in Concord and Portsmouth Harbour, each hosting around 3,000 people. New Hampshire was a must win state in the primaries, to gauge his ability to contest it in the general election. Mason City was his second last stop before the debate, and it was first time canvassing since coming to Iowa. He had a few questions to ask Iowan voters: what problems they faced in Iowa, how they felt America should conduct her foreign policy, and if they would be voting in the primary election.

Summary of Questions

Issues Faced: The Economy/Jobs (62), Fischer's failed foreign policy (14), Social Issues [2nd Amendment and Abortion mainly] (14) and Social Security (11)
American foreign policy: We need to be more active [Pro-Intervention] (54), It's fine how it is (23), We need to be more active [Non-Intervention] (22), We need to be less active (2)
Will you be voting?: Yes [Democrat] (34), Yes [Republican] (32), No [Democrat] (14), No [Independent] (11), No [Republican] (10)

"Interesting results eh. That's a majority favouring a greater role along your lines. Pro-intervention in the Middle East, what you like to hear huh?" Cooke said.
"Yeah, it's good. I can use it to attack Fischer and anyone else promoting his isolationist bullshit. Oh, and I got your memo for the debate, take down Brae early on, got it. If Guess, who only recently announced, makes it to the debate, he'll be easy picking for any social security discussion. As should anyone left of me and Brae."
"Yeah that's true. Make sure to emphasise the benefits of free trade, and if anyone brings up resource scarcity, hit em with some 'fund NASA so we can begin asteroid mining.' rhetoric. Which, by the way, would be good to win over the pro-science centre-left."
"I'll take that on board. We're only in Sioux City for less than a day, then we gotta make it to Des Moines for the debate."

https://www.RichardFaulkner.com/platform52

Foreign Policy

America has been on the decline for over a decade now. President Fischer has been an incompetent president in many fields, but foreign policy is the one where he takes it to a new extreme. His dangerous pseudo-isolationist stand must be ended, and America must renew her position as global leader. I am the only candidate who can do this, and here is how. We must start by rejoining NAFTA, and negotiating new free trade deals with the world to signal that America is open once more. After that, we must begin fighting the expansion of Iranian influence in the Middle East, and combating Chinese dominance of global trade. To top it off, we must support and expand NATO and her allies across the world, in our global fight to spread free enterprise, democracy and civil liberty.

The Environment

I have a track record of defence for the environment. A simple look at my congressional record, and my terms as governor, reveal a dedication to preserving the environment. I have supported the construction of solar farms, subsidies and tax cuts for the manufacturing of electric vehicles, and have continuously promoted animal preservation efforts, at home and abroad. As President, I will continue this streak. I want to create a program to phase out the use of fossil fuels within two decades. A very ambitious task, but we can achieve it. I will achieve this by supporting the construction of electric cars in the United States, which will help bring back our manufacturing base, a task many candidates talk of, but fail to achieve.

Social Security

Social security is a tough issue we need to face. We need to fix the system, but the cost of upkeep under a nationalised system would be way too high. As a privatised system however, it becomes your responsibility, not the government's, which is how it should be. I would not take any significant effort to re-nationalise it until we can get a report explaining the financial implications or benefits of it, however I will not rule out the possibility of re-nationalising it.

The 2nd Amendment

The Constitution is an integral part of our nation. As President I will defend the 2nd Amendment, a vital part of the country. While people say that massacres committed with firearms justify strict gun control measures, I disagree. I will safeguard the right to bare arms for the four, hopefully eight, years I could serve as President. Yes, gun control measures need to be taken, background checks and requiring an ID to purchase a firearm. I will enact that, however I will not ban "assault weapons" or anything of the sort. Most firearm crimes are committed with illegally owned guns, so why should we punish legal gun owners?

Employment

Jobs, jobs, jobs. Everyone wants to talk about them. Every campaign its the same rhetoric: "I will create jobs in XYZ field for XYZ state." I'm sick of it. As President I will do what I did as governor, spend wisely, and negotiate wisely, to bring business opportunities to the American people. As I have and will mention in the rest of this platform, I seek to create a lot of jobs in certain fields, specifically manufacturing and with the space industry. Most importantly, I want to back small businesses. The family-ran cafe you get coffee out of every morning, the old man behind the grocery store counter, the local plumbing business, the bar you drown your sorrows in... Big corporations are fine and dandy, but it's small business that is the backbone of American society, and it must remain that way.

Role of the Federal Government

The federal government's role, in my eyes, is not to serve the people, like other candidates believe. It is to serve the constitution and to serve the country. As President, I will not seek to expand government, but to minimise it, and to instead work towards creating a small state, that aims to embolden the people, not to subsidise them. The Federal Government is way too big now, and I will begin delegating more and more powers to state governments, who I hope will delegate more powers to local governments. It's time we cut down on the oversized federal government.

Government Spending and Debt

The debt has gotten way out of hand. So has government spending. I'm a believer that we should aim to balance the budget, but that a small deficit isn't necessarily the worst thing, especially if it's invested wisely towards balancing the budget in the future, or even towards a surplus. The areas I will increase spending in are the education, science, the environment, the military, and public works projects, in order of importance. I will attempt though to cut spending in unnecessary areas, by getting together a bipartisan committee of Democrats and Republicans from all sides of the parties, to analyse current spending, and cut down on wasteful spending, or move it towards smarter investments.

A Future for NASA

NASA has been stagnant for decades now. With resource scarcity on earth, we must look to space for precious metals. I will fund research into the feasibility of asteroid mining. Yes, a very ambitious task, but it must be done sooner than later, before we run out of materials to even attempt to mine asteroids. There are asteroids with enough platinum or titanium to pay off half the debt of the United States as it stands. If we could mine a few of them, we could introduce global prosperity, and begin funding greater space missions through out our solar system. Anything, no matter how ambitious, must be considered possible, for us to create a future for our children.
Neoconservative

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Wed May 16, 2018 12:25 pm

YouTube
Jan 31 2052

Hello Everyone. As we go into the Iowa Convention this upcoming weekend, I wanted to give you an update about what has been going on. For the last month I have been spending every Saturday and Holiday campaigning, and I would like to thank everyone for your support.

I have not been campaigning more often as I have been attending every scheduled Senate and Committee meeting. The people elected me to do a job, and I wanted to do it before moving on to trying to get another job. I suppose, most people wouldn’t be able to not show up at work for a few days, so why should we.

The people in the Senate budget committee, myself included, are currently working on the budget proposal for the 2052-2053 period. It is looking good. There are a few tweaks to be had and then it should be brought forward to the Senate if anyone wants to view from the stands. There are a couple of measures in it that I would like to mention. The deficit is a big focus, and we are looking at limiting that where possible. Our military are being thought of, and the veterans affairs department is getting a boost. Beyond that I would like to avoid mention as things can change between now and its proposal.

Before I sign off, I would like to thank the Governors of Iowa, New Hampshire, Texas, and Wyoming for their support. I would also like to thank the Speaker of the house from Rhode Island, as well as the Republican Whip from Pennsylvania. Your vote of confidence is appreciated, and your help with campaigning has been helpful for the campaign. I look forward to continueibg the Campaign going forward.

Thank you for your time and support, and have a great day everyone. Bye for now.

Helowi
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Wed May 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Schedule for the Wright Campaign
Sunday: Meeting at New Hampshire Senators office for endorsement
Monday: Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire
Tuesday: Rally in Concord, New Hampshire
Wednesday: Rally in Des Moines, Iowa. Release of new campaign ad airing in New Hampshire.
Thursday: Interview on Fox News.
Friday: Rally in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Saturday: Rally in Waterloo, Iowa.
Last edited by Helowi on Wed May 16, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
ISideWith 2020 Election Results
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/34439 ... esidential

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Wed May 16, 2018 1:47 pm

Youtube
Fireside Chat
Tuesday.January.30.2052
Topic: Education and Technology

Hello. I am Theodore Whitehorse. Today, I would like to talk to you about nations Education system, and Technology advances. Growing up in West Virginia, I know what it is like to go through an education system reliant on shared textbooks.

This is an issue I am very familiar with as a former University Professor, University student, and State Governor. It is a complex subject. However, education is primarily a state responsibility, and therefore not something i would like to infringe upon. With that being said, the federal government does currently subsidize the Education in the States, as well as Technology growth. It is this Federal money that I think should be re-prioritized, and the states should be able to fund things how they would prefer. For Context, the Federal Department of Education budget is currently split between subsidizing state schools, and post secondary. The nation should shift funds away from subsidizing private schools, and towards subsidizing state schools, and this is something I would like to advocate towards as President. Providing Public money to finance a small group does not seem like the best use of taxpayer dollars as we try and restrain a deficit. Therefore, it would seem, that Taxpayer dollars should be used to provide student loans and scholarships to post-secondary students and apprentices, and help provide funds for teachers and textbooks and learning plans for State schools.

If you have a moment, I would also like to talk to you today about our nations Technology. This is something you have probably heard about through the news or at work. How people are flying drones into un justified airspace, or new cars are becoming more automated. What I would like to talk to you about is the state of artificial intelligence, and our nations space travel. Artificial intelligence has grown to become more advanced in recent years. They can be used for manufacturing, chess matches, and to some extent car drivers. This means that Artificial intelligence may someday soon take over the jobs of Taxi drivers, welders, and intellectual sports people. They can absorb information unlike many other sources, and our doctors and lawyers may be at risk of loosing jobs as well. This is something that frightens me, as it could mean mass unemployment, and a lower quality of life for many americans. It could be proposed that AI research be limited in its scope or public subsidy to help prevent AI from becoming too dominant. This is something I would tentatively recommend. I say tentatively, because of the alternative. It is also possible that AI could help lower costs t the point of allowing the US to attract manufacturers and the US to become a dominant hub for building once again. However, the cost to the employees may be rather great as many could be laid off in the process of getting their.

That said, I am a fan of technology growth in other areas, if possible. Technology has paved the way fro raises in quality of life. Microwaves have allowed for food to be cooked faster, Youtube allows for listening to music on demand, Trains Planes and Automobiles have allowed for faster travel times than at almost any time in the past. As a veteran of the airforce and current recreational pilot this is something that I know about. I currently fly an antique Douglas DC-3, and it still flies like a charm and fits within regulation. This is something that I would like to see continue being encouraged. One type of travel in the past, the spaceship, has not received as much attention in the past however as resources have diminished. And if the resources are available, I would like to see space travel be encouraged to grow as well. Perhaps with a Public-Private partnership this can take off yet again.

Thank you for your time. Have a great day.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Wed May 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Whitehorse first two weeks of February Schedule
Thursday 1 - Work in Senate/ Release television ad for New Hampshire/ Phone New Hampshire Governor to thank for their endorsement.
2 - Work in Senate/ Prepare for Iowa Convocation Debate
3 - Iowa Convention Begins
4 - Iowa Convention ends
5 - Work in Senate/ Conduct Telephone Rally in New Hampshire
6 - Work in Senate/ Appear on Radio Show
7 - Work in Senate/ Appear on talk show

Thursday 8- Work in Senate/ Conduct Telephone Rally in New Hampshire
9 - Work in Senate/ Prepare for Iowa Convocation Debate
10 - New Hampshire Convention Begins
11 - New Hampshire Convention Ends
12 - Work in Senate
13 - Work in Senate
14 - Work in Senate
Last edited by Cainesland on Wed May 16, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Wed May 16, 2018 2:36 pm

New Hampshire Campaign Advertisement

(Pictures and 2 second video clips of New Hampshire citizens. Intersected with WhiteHorse engaging in community engagement in the communities of New Hampshire over the years)

(Narrator) With 22 years of experience representing New Hampshire in its Legislature, Senate, and serving as its Governor, Congressmen and Senator. Theodore has your back. His record has shown support for fiscal responsibility, Integrity, and the states. He has shown support for small town Americans and the people of New Hampshire. Do you want a candidate who will try and reduce the deficit? Do you want a candidate who will try and rebuild the nations infrastructure? Do you want a candidate who has spent the last 2 decades trying to stand up for the People of New Hampshire? The choice is yours.

(Pictures and 2 second videos end)

(Governor of New Hampshire) Theodore and I have known each other for years. He likes stability and honesty. He has my support for the Republican nomination.

(Theodore WhiteHorse) Please support me to be your Republican Nominee in 2052.

(Writing) WhiteHorse 2052
http://www.ElectWhiteHorse.com
Last edited by Cainesland on Wed May 16, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Wed May 16, 2018 3:09 pm

Wright New Hampshire Campaign ad

Voice: Whitehouse says he has been working with New Hampshire, but let’s check out what Wright has been doing. Wright has created millions of tech jobs in New Hampshire and has also defended multiple workers throughout New Hampshire throughout his senate tenure. He has had close relations with multiple business leaders and citizens of New Hampshire.

Former U.S. Senator Kamela Henderson (R-New Hampshire): And I know this. That is why I have supported Wright throughout this whole primary. So the next time you go to the polling station. Don’t vote Whitehouse, vote Wright, the true worker for New Hampshiremen and Woman.

Gareth B. Wright: I’m Gareth B. Wright, and I approve of this message.

Convallaria
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Convallaria » Wed May 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Lincoln Day Republican Party Dinner, Jan. 20, 2052

Int. Hotel Reception Room. Cedar Rapids

Ginger, along with her Campaign Manager roam into a large, Ramada-style dining room. There are sixty tables and ornate chandeliers scattered throughout the ceiling. About two hundred fifty guests sit, each in groups of four or five, at their separate tables, widely-spaced across the restaurant. There are faded sofas, fraying armchairs, and coffee tables with clothed, wooden tops. The carpets are new however, with occasional stains, and the lighting in each area is too dim. The hotel is nice, but is representative of most other Mid-western hotels. As usual, Ginger was sporting her classic, blue suit.

The two chat amicably as they study a 'Caulfield for Iowa' pamphlet sitting on a table near the front filled with hundreds of other media from her and other Republicans.

As she stood conferring elbow-to-elbow with Robbie, as had become her recent habit, she noticed a certain
presence in our company. At the far end of a colonnade, beyond Reception, a darkskinned, white-haired sixty-year-old man in a threepiece-suit and bolo tie
sits alone drinking a daiquiri of some kind. It didn't take long to realize that this man was Walt Gerhardt, a former Albuquerque based entrepreneur who had moved his operations to the central states several years prior. Caulfield hadn't known him well, but had figured it would be a smart idea to say hello.

Robbie drinks a sip of water that was sitting in a pitcher at a nearby table. He lowers his voice and asks discreetly to Ginger:

“Who’s this interesting, old guy?”

To his surprise, she was distinctly taken aback.

“Don’t you know?” she asked with a smile. “You'll recognize the name?” He did look familiar. “That’s Gerhardt, remember? He owned a lot of real estate back in Albuquerque...he probably still does too," she explained. Robbie began to mutter something, but it was clear that Ginger wasn't listening as she began walking towards Gerhardt. She passed several tables along the way, shaking hands with a few people, and saying hello. Eventually, she reached the man, who now noticed that she was intentionally walking towards him. He stood up and moved his hand out.

"Mayor Caulfield, what a pleasure it is," he introduced.

"Mr. Gerhardt, after all these years, it's good to see you here in Cedar Rapids," she said.

"Oh the feeling is mutual," he said smiling. He pointed at a large banner showcasing Caulfield. "Congratulations," he said with a single clap.

"Haha, thank you; it's something I've always hoped to do, and now...well...I guess I'm doing it!," she said. "It really is great to see you supporting the party.

"Oh hell, I've been a republican since before I could walk," he laughs.

"Well I guess you're in the right place then," she says while continuing the cheerful trajectory of the conversation. Suddenly, the man's phone begins ringing. Gerhardt opens it to see the caller I.D.

"Well damn it...gee Ginger it's been good speaking, but I have to take this, it's my daughter. But hey, I look forward to hearing more from you, yes?"

"Absolutely, enjoy your evening," she said, and walked away. Robbie caught up with her and studied her face.

"Did it go well?" he asked.

"Surprisingly polite for a tycoon I haven't seen, nonetheless spoke to, in years," Ginger said.

"This is good...this is good. Just keep shaking hands and introduce yourself," Robbie explained.

"Take it easy, that's what I'm doing," she said. As Ginger moved through the dining room talking with various people and having a meal, other republicans were doing the same. Shortly after eight, while socializing about, a Reporter for Fox News reached Ginger on foot, another soon scurried over from another network.

"Miss Caulfield, why you would be the best choice to represent the GOP?" the reporter asked.

"I'm glad you asked, and to give you the clearest answer I can, I believe in a strong, well-connected, and economically strong America that meet the needs of our citizens without infringing on their economic rights. You see, America has always been the land of opportunity, and I intend to keep it that way. I understand the actual needs of our businesses and our employed people. I’m not retired, I get by on a contract to contract and paycheck to paycheck basis like the vast majority of people in our Country. I know our issues well, I’ve lived in this country my entire life, witnessed recessions, saw incredible growth from my own home and from the front lines of a treasury. I care deeply about these issues, I believe in civic duty and take immense pride being a part of the community. I believe America is first always," she explained.

"What do you think is the most important state concern for the people living in Iowa?"

"The staggering difficulty of owning a business, and raising a family. We can’t manage to keep up with other countries. We can’t afford to take care of our aging parents. The current leadership has spent the last 4 years leaving Social Security to rot and allowing our international businesses to crumble. Now they are promising they’ll do better, if only the voters will give them four more years. I don't buy it. The reality is that if there was something they wanted to get done, it would already be done."

"Thank you for your time Miss Caulfield," the reporter said.

"Thank you," Caulfield responded, and walked away.
"Convallaria: A sprawling sun-soaked dreamscape silhouetted far beyond the ethereal horizons of austere morality and petty mediocrity. But behind the sterile flights of state-sanctioned-fancy lies a paradise lost...a land of milk, honey and sex turned rancid in the sun, as the harshly held colonial disciplines of a bygone era yield to the temptations of society's nighttime fragrances..."

Welcome to the smokey, monochromatic bacchanalia of deco noire and diesel-fueled death traps!

Daily-Trumpet: Circus elephant force-fed crate of tobacco - has escaped into Joaquin River Valley earlier today. | Avalonia suburbs in grip of worst dust storm ever recorded - schools closed - roads blocked - farms blown away. | Dowager actress found dead in Montecorvina

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Wed May 16, 2018 7:56 pm

January 29, 2052
Des Moines, Iowa
Eric Santiago

"You're up late." I hear from across the room as I opened my eyes. I looked at the clock on the bedstand 10:30 AM, "Shit, that is late for me." Practically jumping out of bed and walking into the bathroom of our hotel I noticed Theo was still in pajamas.

"When do you have to get ready?" I ask before brushing my teeth.

"A little bit after lunch I'm going to do a rally in a local park, then the debate is tonight."

Spitting out the toothpaste I ask another question, "Any word on how the fundraiser at Drake University when last night?"

"Tom said a little more than 3,000 people signed up to get updates on the campaign over email or text. Raised a bit more than $10,000, just enough to pay for those ads in New Hampshire," Walking out of the bathroom I stood next to him, looking at his phone, he was going over one of his opponent's policies again, "Thinking of attacking anyone during the debate?" I ask.

"I already know the Republican and me are going to clash so I'm preparing for that the most. I don't want to attack Blackburn or Sobel, but if necessary I'll be able to defend myself."

"Ok, so you got Faulker, Blackburn, and Sobel covered, what about Brae?"

"The man became Governor because he's personally popular, the moment people hear his actual policies he falls apart."

"Sound's like a plan then," I said as a grabbed my phone and opened the internet, my homepage popped up.

http://www.Guess2052.com/Issues

Global Economy
While protectionism has served us well in the past, it is once again time we open our country up to trade with the world. We need to form free trade agreements with our allies on all sides, Japan, Canada and Mexico, and Europe. As President, I would make sure that while these deal benefits us, they will also benefit our allies making sure that we will all want to stay in them.

Foreign Policy - Middle East
If elected, I would declare that the United States recognizes Palestine as a nation. However, my government would seek to push a one-state solution between Israel and Palestine. My government would also reduce the amount of foreign aid given to Israel to a minimum. We would seek the creation of a democratic state in Syria and the creation of a Kurdistan. As for the Iran-Suadi Arabia conflict, I would seek neutrality in that matter. Both countries in their current states are disgustingly abusive theocracies and as such, I feel the United States should only play a humanitarian role, as to help the people affected by the conflict.

Environment
We only have one Earth, it's time we protected it. Corporations can't be trusted to keep the environment safe, their only goal is to benefit themselves and their stockholders. Climate Change is already affecting the world and our nations, coastal cities have never been more at risk for water damage. All it would take is one strong hurricane and New Orleans could be wiped off the map like Barbuda in 2017. As President I would implement laws that would put our environment first, ensuring that it's there for the future generations!

Social Security
Imagine you've reached your golden years, or perhaps you already have. You wake up one morning expecting your Social Security check in the mail and there it is. As you open it you turn on the TV, all the news channels are saying the same thing, the economy has crashed. You look at your check, knowing that it's the biggest check you will likely ever get to see again. This is a fear we all have to live under as long as Social Security is privatized. The economy has always been and will always be an unstable beast that can turn on us at any time, we simply can't trust it to get us alive in our old age. The only thing that can be trusted to hold Social Security in our trust is the government.

Immigration
We are a nation of immigrants, and being one of the few who doesn't completely descent from Europe, I like of chuckle when people forget this fact. Immigrants are some of the hardest working in the nation at jobs most people would consider menial, they have to acclimatize to a new life and culture unlike their previous one. We know they love America, why would they come here if they didn't. If elected, I would move us into a merit-based system to immigrate to the US, as well as add a process for undocumented immigrants, who are living in the US right now, to become citizens. While doing this I would also create a plan with a bipartisan committee to limit illegal immigration to the US in the future.

Gun Reform
Repealing the Second Amendment is a hard thing to do, we tried to do it and failed. We need to institute common-sense gun reform: All guns must be barcoded, all gun owners must hold a license and have a reason that they need a gun. Having an unregistered gun will be illegal, anyone who wants to buy a gun will need to go through background and mental health checks. Gun buy-back programs will be put in place, and all illegal guns found, as well as the ones bought back will be recycled so the materials can be used for other things. My administration would also research ways to make guns safer, such as making it so only the person the gun is registered too and fire it.

Healthcare
The United States remains the only western nation in the whole world that doesn't pay for the healthcare of it's citizens. Instead, we let people drown in debt trying to stay alive while our neighbors to the north and across the Atlantic have high life expectancies and qualities of life. Healthcare should not be a privilege, it should be a right.

Electoral Reform
The American Democracy is broken. The first-past-the-post system of elected people has forced us into a two-party system, causing millions of Americans to feel that their voices and opinions don't matter. The two-party system has also stagnated political thought for years in this country, "You either have to be one of us or them." We don't even get to choose our own President, an Electoral College does. I say no more! As President, I would fight for IVF voting to be implicated nationwide for all offices and I would seek to overturn Citizens United v FEC. I'd also seek to pass an amendment dismantling the Electoral College or replacing it with a Proportional System were electors would be required to vote for what the people chose. I would also look into creating a 51st and 52nd state, in the form of Washington, DC and Puerto Rico. And changing American Samoa status from Unincorporated Unorganized to Unincorporated Organized.

Resources
As we run out of non-renewable resources on Earth, other candidates have suggested using NASA to mine for resources in outer space. Meanwhile, in California, we were early adopters of space mining. Partnerships between the State, Space X, and the Boring Company have been prosperous for all parties involved. California gets the resources we've needed to make our produces in Silicon Valley and around the state and nation, Space X gets a government endorsement in a field that could bring Humanity into the stars, and the Boring Company transports the resources and people with the Underground Hyperloop. Not to mention the massive profits that our partnership has brought.
Meanwhile, on Earth, we still have renewable resources to use. After 2020, every new home above three stories was built with solar panels on it, the benefits to California and her citizens are uncountable. The nation has vast areas of constant sunshine, innumerable rivers that could be used for hydroelectric power, vast open windy fields for wind turbines. If elected to the office of President, I will turn our nation into one that is powered by the Earth, Sun, and Space.

Education
School Choice needs to be instituted nationwide and public college should be paid for by the government. Both of these things will breed succus in our young people. With School Choice, each school will need to compete with each other to become the best and attract the most students. The more people in a population are college educated, the better off the whole population does.

Drug Crisis
For the United States, the drug war is one of the biggest problem we fast as a nation. It has been going on since Nixon and yet, it always seems that people are becoming more and more addicted to illegal substances every day. This has to do with how the drug war has been handled from the start. Its main goal was to destroy the supply of drugs, yet they did not decrease the demand first. Demand for drugs will never go down, anything that feels good, people will pay to get. As to how we tried to decrease demand, well that didn't turn out well either. We have millions in jail for peaceful drug offenses. As Marijuana becomes legal around the nation, which I would legalize nationally, it's time we brought the drug war to an end and replaced it with Harm Reduction.
Last edited by New Cobastheia on Wed May 16, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ascysia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ascysia » Thu May 17, 2018 7:37 am

The Third Democratic Primary Debate | Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines, Iowa

"For decades America has been on the decline. Decades of weak leadership have eroded the values of civil rights, free enterprise, equal opportunity, and liberal democracy, that our country stands for, and I for one am sick of it. My father died to protect this country and to spread her values to those who need them the most, and after that my single mother was able to raise me because America embodies those very values that gave her the opportunities and the capability to help me and my siblings stay afloat. I seek to change all this. I seek to restore those values to this nation, and to end the decades of weak leadership we have suffered under. I am a bipartisan moderate Democrat, and I aim to enact pragmatic yet principled policy to promote the very values America was built on. God bless our United States."
Neoconservative

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Thu May 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Schedule for Wright Campaign:
Sunday: Campaign Event at Lebanon, New Hampshire
Monday: Campaigns Rally at Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Tuesday: Campaign Rally at Nashua, New Hampshire
Wednesday: Prep for Debate
Thursday: Debate Night
Friday: New Campaign ad “The Wright Man.” Released
Saturday: Campaign Rally at Derry, New Hampshire.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri May 18, 2018 5:40 pm

Schedule for Mr. Theo Guess (Written in Local Times)

January 31 - Rally/Fundraiser in Des Moines (9am-12pm), Prep for Debate/Weekly California Question Time (12pm-6pm), Debate (6pm-9pm), Start Flight to Burlington, VT (10pm)

February 1st - Arrive in Burlington, VT (3am), "A Vote for Faulker is a Republican Vote" ad starts to air in Iowa, New Hampshire, Minnesota, South Dakota, Maine, Vermont, and Wyoming (5am), Meet and Greet at the University of Vermont (10am-1pm), Rally at Dartmouth College (3pm-5pm) Fundraiser/Dinner in Concord, NH (7pm-11pm)

February 2nd - Q&A at the University of New Hampshire (10am-12pm), Q&A at the University of Maine (2pm-4pm), Fundraiser in Augusta (5pm-6pm), Start Flight to DC (8pm), Arrive in DC (11pm)

February 3rd - Attend National Congress of American Indians 2052 Executive Council Winter Session in Washington, DC. Accept endorsements from Mayor Elizabeth Rice, President Mallot - Tlingit, Executive Director Sani - Navajo, and 1st Vice President Hutchinson - Blackfoot, and NCAI. "Native for Natives" ad starts to aid nationwide, mainly on Reservations. Hold Town Hall with Black Community in DC (4pm-7pm), Fly back to Concord, NH (8pm-11pm)

February 4th - Rally in Nassau (10am-1pm), Fundraiser Dinner in Portsmouth (5pm-8pm)

February 5th - All Day Event at Keene State University

February 6th - North New Hampshire Tour

Vodenheim
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Vodenheim » Fri May 18, 2018 8:09 pm

January 30th, 2052
10:52 PM Town Restaurant, San Carlos CA

Glasses clinked, silverware tinked as Town bustled with life. Carter appreciated the ambience, he always preferred to eat and have drinks at lively places. There was just something... American about crowded areas he took a liking to.

Waitresses taking orders, the smell of medium-rare steaks filling the air, the sparse laughters of friends here and there; yes, this is what Carter enjoyed.

He and three others sat around an oblong table chit chatting about current markets, current love interests, current political affairs all meaningless shit in the end. Carter generously sipped his $7K glenlivet ‘59 whiskey. The bottle shadowed over his unscathed salad bowl; Carter was a man of many tastes but salad sure as hell wasnt one of them.

“You gonna share that?”, asked Dean Donaldson jokingly.

“At 7 grand a bottle?...Only way I’m sharing this is if you buy next round.”, Carter snickered.

Carter reached over and pulled a whiskey glass over and filled it with ice. He then grabbed Glenlevit and carefully poured the liquid in. He watched intently as the whiskey cascaded into the glass. Truth be told he poured the man a drink grudgingly. Carter wasn’t much of a drinker but when he drank,he drank.

Dean: “So, Jimmy how’s the development down in Santa Cruz doing?”, Dean asked.

Carter: “It’s coming along, just got the zoning permits from City Hall so the projects a green light. Only thing delaying the damn thing is those insufferable tree huggers. Bastards.”

Dave: “Well, I mean you are tearing down a former conservation area.”

The group shared a laugh.

Jaqueline: “I heard they were going to use the area for endangered bird species. I read something like over 100 species were going to be settled there.”

Carter: “Hey if they pay rent they could stay as long as they like. Haha, probably be better tenants than some of those assholes down in Orange County.”

Dave: “Hey what happened to that family down in LA you were telling me about? Those druggies... uhm... The Bakers I think it was.”

Carter: “Oh those dope fiends, yea, had them evicted. Cleaned out the apartment,needles everywhere.Toilet busted, blood on the walls, a hole in the ceiling.Can you believe it?A fucking hole in the ceiling! Gawdamn animals!”

Dean: “Savages.”

Dave: “Didn’t they have kids?”

Carter: “ Triplets all in their mid-teens.”

Jacqueline: “You evicted a family with 3 kids?”

Carter: “Hey sweetie you can’t save them all. I mean when you’re four months behind on rent let alone trashing my place with your dirty needles yea I’m going to kick your ass on the street. Someone’s gotta teach those kids responsibility.” Carter slammed his drink.

Jaqueline: “I think your sense of responsibility is a bit skewed.”

Carter: “ I guess what im trying to say is that if they follow in their parents footsteps this is what’ll happen to them. Gotta learn somehow.”

Dave: “You know you’re something else sometimes, Jimmy.”

Carter: “ What I say is what I say if you don’t like it I’m sorry.”

Dean: “Are you really sorry?”

Carter: “Hell no.”

The group laughed once more.

Carter: “Alright who’s got next rounds?”

Dean: “I believe it that was me.”

Carter: “Break yourself, Deanny my boy.”

Dean signaled for the waitress to come over.

Dean: “ Another bottle of whiskey darling. Thank you.”

She nodded.

Dave: “What do you all make of the primaries?” He asked taking a sip of his booze on the rocks.

Dean: “ A mess. Seems like business as usual.”

Jaqueline: “ With who I see running, nothing’s gonna change. Just the status quo in disguise. A mirage, seems like the candidate we want... who we need is nothing but a distant dream.”

Carter got lost in his mind, tuning out the conversation. He focused his attention on the condensation on his glass. He watched vigilantly as two drops of water race down his glass until it became a tiny puddle on the table. The conversation faded back in.

The waitress brought over another bottle, popped it open and poured shots for everyone at the table.

Dave:“GOP primaries might be something to watch. Can’t wait to see who my party’ll nominate.”

Dean: “ What the hell you talking about? You are about the most liberal sonuvavitch at this table.”

Jaqueline giggled.

Carter: “Boring.”

Dean: “ Huh?”

Everyone turned to Carter with a puzzled look on their face.

Carter: “ Boring. Uninteresting. No showmanship. No entertainment value. Sure there’s some innovative ways that these candidates are reaching out to people but beyond this nobody’s taking a risk. Stepping out of their comfort zones. Everything’s so... So mechanical. Same shit being spewed over and over again with no fluidity. Unimaginative. No creativity. No... Controversy.”

Jaqueline: “Controversey?” She jerked her head back.

Carter: “ Yea, controversy. It’s not a bad thing, if you know how to control the narrative. Americans like a little drama in their lives. Especially when it’s overblown by the media and especially when it’s someones else’s drama.Fucking drama queens.”

Jaqueline: “That’s the first time that mouth of yours spoke any sense. And thats coming from me.” She laughed

Dean: “ Hell,If you’re this passionate about it why don’t you consider a run? I’d back you.”

Carter slowly grew a grin, like the grinch who stole Christmas. He thought that was not a half bad idea.

Carter: “ I think I might just do that. With the way things are going right now I’d jump to the front of the polls in no time.”

He thought to himself for a bit.

Carter: “How about Bold and Brash Leadership? Yea that’ll be my campaign slogan. I’m sure America can get behind that.”

Dean: “ That slogan ain’t half bad. Shit, we can round up a few dozen commitments before next cycle we’d kick start you.”

Dave: “You can’t be serious about this?..... Are you?”

Dean: “ Why the hell not? He’s got the money, he’s certainly got the mouth for it. If the man can rent you a shitty two bedroom in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere why can’t he sell himself? I’d kill to see Jimmy on that debate stage.”

Jaqueline: “ Bold and Brash huh? It’s growing on me. I can get behind that, if jimmy weren’t such a bastard.”

The group shared a chuckle.

Carter: “Maybe it’s the booze talking. But it’d be helluva ride. And I’m damn sure I could win it. These other candidates ain’t shit. Talk a big talk but let’s see if they can walk the walk.” Carter laughed. “ Maybe I’ve had a few a too many. Starting to get that liquid courage.”

12 o’clock came around as the group continued to joke and jostle about the prospect of a Fox presidential run but that idea became more and more entrenched in Carter’s psyche. Like a parasite that nestled in his cereberal. That night Carter walked away invigorated certain he was destined for something greater.

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vienna Eliot » Fri May 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Iowa Caucus Results

Republican
Popular Vote
Andrews — 0.16%
Caulfield — 33.13%
Egilson — 27.81%
Whitehorse — 9.97%
Wright — 28.93%

Projected Delegates
Andrews — 0
Caulfield — 17
Egilson — 14
Whitehorse — 5
Wright — 15

Democratic
State Delegates
Brae — 44.14%
Faulkner — 55.79%
Sobel — 0.07%

Projected Delegates
Brae — 23
Faulkner — 28
Sobel — 0

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Fri May 18, 2018 8:53 pm

Gareth B. Wright Campaign Press Conference St. Paul, Minnesota. Broadcast on CNN, MSNBC, C-SPAN, and Fox News
“Good Evening, everybody. Has tonight been a night of surprises. We came Second in the Iowa primary. And while it still isn’t first, it is an amazing start. I would like to first of all thank all of the people who went out to vote Wright and not Caulfield, not Egilson, not even Whitehorse. But the worst of our fight is not yet over, we still have New Hampshire and many, many other states that we need to fight hard for. And even though it seems like we could never win, everyone loves a good underdog. So I’d like to tell all those candidates out there who think they are just gonna steamroll me like nothing. Let me say this, try as hard as you can, but everyone loves an underdog. Thank you.”

Zjaum
Senator

Founded: Oct 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Fri May 18, 2018 11:20 pm

"Hello, Congressman Egilson?"
"Yes, this is he."
"This is Carl Jackson, from the Daily Wire. What is your opinion about coming in third?"
"I didn't expect to take anything. It's not that many electoral votes... How many did I get, out of curiosity?"
"Wait, you seriously don't know?"
"I just got off a call with my family, and I'm eating dinner. I wanted to worry about the caucus tomorrow morning; nothing big's going to happen between now and then to warrant any sort of urgency."
"You got 14 delegates. Wright got 15, and Caulfield got 17. Any words?"
"Huh. It's better than I expected. I didn't expect Iowa to pull through so well, but I'm very satisfied about the results. If that's what I have, then I have high hopes for everything else."
"All right, thanks! Good luck out there!"
"And to you."

"Hello, is this Benjamin Egilson?"
"Yes, this is he."
"Hello! I'm calling from NPR, and I was wondering if I could get a few soundbites for our piece tomorrow."
"Sure. In my election campaign, most of us looked past Iowa, considering that we started running relatively late in the game. We factored zero delegates, and so we have 14 more delegates than we'd originally expected. I count that as a major win."
"And that's everything I needed. Best of luck with your campaign!"
"And to you with your piece."

"Hi, could you patch me through to Mister Egilson?"
"Oh, for the love of... Speaking. Who is this?"
"I'd like a quote for the New York Times, if at all possible."
"Fine. Are you recording?"
"Wait a second... Yes."
"I read somewhere that third place is happier than second place, and almost as happy as first place. I don't know if it's true in all cases, but it's true in my campaign. We went into Iowa with very little preparation, and we still came out in a very competitive position. I couldn't be happier."
"Great, have a nice day!"
"Good bye."
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Support: Paleo-imperialism, conservatism, libertarianism, Christianity.
Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,
The stars will be ours someday.

Ascysia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ascysia » Sat May 19, 2018 4:59 am

Sioux City, Iowa

"To the great people of Iowa, I send you my thanks. When the first polls came out, I was sitting with 11.2% as my campaign began to kick off. 11.2%. Today we won 55.8% of state delegates. It's not the popular vote, but when New Hampshire comes around, we will secure that popular mandate. I hope I can speak to you again after June, because for the rest of my life I will never forget, that it all truly began here in Iowa. I announced my campaign in Oregon, but we had little chance until it truly began in Iowa. I will fight for the next 6 months, and then the five after that, to deliver true change to America, to restore great, strong leadership, and to reforge the Democratic Party, to the party of FDR, Truman and Kennedy. It's time for change in America. And we will lead it through a grassroots, patriotic campaign, and I will become not just the President of the United States, but the President FOR the United States' PEOPLE. We will create jobs, we will save our inner cities, we will take our country back from corrupt, party-centric politicians, and once again, we will raise the stars and stripes with pride, over the greatest country in the world. We embody the spirit of 1776, as immortal patriots who will defend our rights and our nation. God bless our United States, God bless the state of Iowa, and God bless you all!"
Neoconservative

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Sun May 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Wright Campaign Schedule
Sunday: Campaign rally in Montpelier, Vermont
Monday: Campaign rally in Nashua, New Hampshire, release of new campaign ad “The Establishment Man.” Airing in New Hampshire, Maine,
Tuesday: Campaign rally in Portland, Maine.
Wednesday: Campaign rally in Rochester, New Hampshire
Thursday: Interview on NPR.
Friday: Campaign rally in Conway, New Hampshire
Saturday: Campaign Rally in Claremont, New Hampshire.

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vienna Eliot » Sun May 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Egilson is popular with big donors, and that translates to popularity with big numbers of voters. "Conservatives value a man who has the respect of the business community," says Danielle Wallace, FOX News contributor. "And voters are seeing through the attack ads. He's not a Republican? People are saying — so what? He doesn't need to be part of a certain political party to earn my respect."

This is concerning to me, as an American and a rich white man. We have a tradition in the United States of having charming, intelligent, very qualified people running for president who, although we don't really know them, don't make us feel like we need to vote because they're all qualified enough to be president. But these candidates have me feeling like I could do an okay job at being president. I shouldn't be president. Yesterday I tried to pay at the grocery store with a baguette I was trying to buy. Can you imagine how that would play out trying to cut a trade deal? And yet nothing tells me any of these candidates would be any better than me at being in charge of 500 million people.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun May 20, 2018 7:58 pm

"A Vote for Faulkner is a Republican Vote"

The Ad with an elderly woman taking her morning medication, after downing them with a glass of water she turns to the camera, "I like Faulkner, but I worry about his ideas on social security. I already don't have enough to live off of with just my savings, like most Americans. If the economy gives way, so will social security and we won't be able to live."

From there the ad shifts to the inside of a Walmart, focusing on the checkout lines to a boy who couldn't be that far out of high school, "My family couldn't afford to send me to college without going bankrupt, so I got a job at my grandparents Ma and Pa shop. Then Walmart opened a location where we lived and brought us out once we went bankrupt. Faulkner says he wants to keep small business as the backbone of America, while also saying big business is "Fine and dandy". He says wants to help small businesses, but he has no plans protect us from big businesses. The little money I do may from this can barely help my family."

Shifting into a city, the ad focuses on a young business looking woman, "Faulkner says he wants to counter the expansion of Iran in the Middle East, I say he hasn't learned from our nation's history of failed intervention in the Middle East. Our Governments have cost us thousands of our soldiers' lives, why should we support that?"

The ad then transitions to a college professor's office, "Hi, I'm Henry Davidson, Dartmouth Professor of Statistics, specializing in Elections. To most people Faulker seems like a fine candidate that would win in the general because he holds positions that can be found on both the right and the left, he is a moderate after all. However, a look at a modern presidential history shows us moderates nearly always lose. The only person who was elected and was thought of as a moderate at the time of election in the last 50 years was President O'Connor, and he was so unpopular he challenged in the primary and lost to an Independent in the General. Which leads us to two conclusions if Faulker wins the Primary. He wins the General and hands the White House to the Republicans in 2056 or he loses now and hands it to them in 2052."

An American flag and New Hampshire flag are then shown hung up on a pole, both fluttering in the wind. It zooms out to see Premier Guess looking up at them, he then looks into the camera and says, "I'm Theo Guess and I support this message."
Last edited by New Cobastheia on Sun May 20, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon May 21, 2018 12:23 am

Washington, DC
February 3, 2052
Theo Guess

Mayor Elizabeth Rice stood on the stage, mic in hand, looking out into the audience of American Indians, "Here in DC, we don't have any reservations, of course, we don't, we're a city. However, as a city we attract people from all over the country to come and live here. American Indians are just one group of people that live in this city. I'm proud to say that my government has been one of the best in helping not only the Indigenous of my city but for all people of my city." Taking a brief pause will the audience applauded, "I would now like to invite Premier Guess from California up to the stage."

[Hello]* Theo yelled out to the clapping audience as he took the mic. Letting them settle down a little before he started to talk, he waited, "Before my family moved to California, I lived in Oklahoma. I know first hand the pain that we Indigenous people face to this very day in this country." Pausing again for clapping, "All the other's in this race can say they know our pain, but they don't know how it feels to have our ancestors kicked around and out of their lands! They don't know what it's like... That is actually one of the reasons I decided to run. For years, our Presidents have said over and over that they will work with us and help us, yet things for Natives only stay the same or get worse. They don't know what it's like and they never will. but I do know. I know what its like to be a Native, I know how it feels when we hear that we have some of the worst drug addiction statistics, and assault statistics, and poverty statistics of any group of people in this country! I assure, you if elected President, I will not stand for this! We Natives will no longer suffer, I will create a Federal Government that will help all of us, Native, White, Black, Hispanic, Asian! All of us!"

During the appulse, Theo handed the mic back over to the Mayor, "This is why I'm endorsing Mr. Guess for President, I've known him since our days together at Stanford, and I know his character and I know is policies! I know he will be a President for the People!" During Elizabeth's line the President, 1st Vice President, and Executive Director of the NCAI come up to the stage with Theo and Elizabeth.

"The NCAI has long supported American Indians seeking office on the Federal Office," Said President Alice Mallot.
"The Organization has supported Theo the first time he ran for Federal Office in the House," Said Executive Director Celeste Sani.
"And we are pleased to announce that we will also support Theo as he runs for President of the United States of America!" Shouted 1st Vice President Robert Hutchinson.

The Ad that aired soon after the speech, showed Natives all around the country and the problems they face, speaking their languages with English subtitles, then a part about Theo, speaking Cherokee, giving solutions to the problems, ending with Theo saying [I'm Theo Guess and I support this message]*
*Translated from Cherokee into English

Vodenheim
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Vodenheim » Mon May 21, 2018 10:51 am

February 1st,2052
4:35 PM Union Square, San Francisco CA

Rally in Union Square, SF,CA

" Big crowd out there, Cathy?" Carter asked nervously while loud pop music blasted in the background for the cheap entertainment.

"Decent size, Jimmy. Enough to get you into the spotlight. You ready for this?", Catherine asked cracking a grin.

Carter drew a couple of deep breaths. In through the nose, out through the mouth he thought to himself.

"Don't worry sir, you'll do fine. You're a star remember."

He smiled back at her, confidently reassured in what he was doing was the right move. The stage manager had rushed back their in his full bravado.

"You guys are on in 5." He said skimpily.

Cathy turned back to Carter. "Alright make sure we stay on message, Jimmy. Remember the talking points, we're to establish our platform. I managed to get two major networks to cover your announcement, not too mention that the local press will pick it up as well. Tell me the talking points again."

Carter wiped his forehead and cleared his throat," Debt and Deficit Reduction, Bringing back manufacturing equals jobs for the country, small business is beautiful, re-nationalize Social Security, lower business taxes, increase funding for higher education, and introduce Bold and Brash Leadership."

"Excellent. You'll do fine ,Jimmy. Now here's your notecards and we worked out some of the kinks in your speech." She handed him a few folded up pieces of paper. Jimmy proceeded to look over them. The pop music overhead had ended proceeded by a major applause and jeer. Then the tune changed to "Back in Black" by AC/DC. The stage manager had frantically ran back and pointed at Carter, "You're on bud." Cathy handed Carter a bottle of water; he drank it when one go as Cathy fixed his red power tie. "Good luck, Jimmy. I know you'll wow them."

"... ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the King of San Francisco Carter J.Fox!"

Carter ran on the stage, smiling and waving and waving and smiling. He looked like a big ol'kid up there with a lollypop in hand and teddy bear in another. Carter snatched the mic from her hand rather aggressively, her expression dimmed a little not appreciating the move very much.

"Thank you! Thank you!", Carter said as he continued to wave. "Thank you, Mayor Mulroney for this kind words. Isn't she a doll folks? Lets give the Mayor one round of applause." The clapped as the Mayor cheekily grinned. By now the music had died down and the Mayor faded into the background.

"Thank you folks so much for joining me here in this historic evening. Now.... I've been here all my life. From the womb, till now and let me tell you this City, this beautiful wonderful city has grown so much. Has gone through many changes and phases into the haven of compassion it is today." The crowd applauded at the sentiments.

"I'd rather live no where else in the US honestly. This is my home, and will be my familys home for decades to come." The crowd cheered once more. "But, this haven of love and progress is not being felt by most of the country. Not at all. Crime is rampant, drug overdoses are the highest they've ever been, our borders are like the Wild Wild West. These problems have been here for decades. And it needs to change, and it needs to change NOW!" Some in the audience nodded their heads.

"I've watched the current races in both parties.... watched the debates, and let me tell you these deadbeats have no clue on what they're doing. Blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda it's all the same spiel. Oh, I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do that no you're not, who are you kidding?" Laughter elevated from the crowd. " Let me tell you this, and cover your kids ears folks, a bullshitter knows a bullshitter plain and simple. I should know I'm in business, you don't get to where I'm at by holding hands and singing kumbaya with everyone. This I can tell you. The world of business is a beast, although I've made many friends, I have far more enemies believe me. It's a beast."

Cathy looked shocked. This isn't the script at all. what's he doing?, she thought to herself.

"With a 40 trillion dollar debt, stagnating incomes, no job growth, we have a serious problem. Problems that past Presidents have ignored, and I promise you that the people currently running will ignore too. Face it folks, we're being left behind. Forgotten about!" The audience boo'd. "I know, it's terrible. But it is what it is. But now the question is, what are we gonna do about it? What are we, the American People, going to do about it? Do you want to vote for the safe option, the option you know the ending too. Or do you wanna change things up in our approach, maybe rock the boat a little?" Carter grinned as many in the crowd let out a laugh.

"That is why.... I am officially running for President of the United States." Carter was interrupted by a major cheer. He let out a wide smile, clapping his own hands and pointed to a few of the event organizers in the audience. He mouthed the word Thank you repeatedly. He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out his speech and note cards. He stared at the pieces of paper for a few seconds.

"You know, I had this well thought, eloquent speech prepared." He said pretending to be snobby.

"Fuck it", he mouthed while tossing the pieces of paper in the air.

"We're gonna have some fun." Carter said while the crowd still clapped.

"Folks I had to throw my hat in this race especially after the pathetic showing in Iowa. I mean these other candidates, c'mon. Losers!" He said pointing his thumbs down. "These people have no idea what they're doing, the least organized and how can people follow them when their this boring? They sound like robots, or even worse puppets who have someone's hands up their you know what. I mean this Wright guy, please. Gimme a break. Guy doesn't know how to handle anything. First he rides the coattails of his daddy and once he kicked the bucket the prodigal son tookover and now the companys going downhill. I'd offer to buy it from him if I didn't think it was dead. Trust me, I watch the markets and their cap size over their is shrinking and shrinking and shrinking. Guess he couldn't fill daddy's shoes. What a shame and I knew his father we were good pals, great guy, but the apple kinda fell far from this tree." Many in the audience had mixed emotions about the attack but a majority couldn't help but laugh at the tirade.

"But enough of that folks, lets get back to what really matters."

"The current state of the country is poor. Our leaders in DC chose personal advancement and party politics over helping Americans. It's disgusting. They're the reason why our debt has ballooned to 40 trillion dollars. If you actually saw how big the annual deficit is, it'll make your head spin. That's why I know that my business approach to solving this debt crisis will ease the country's aches a bit. You don't get to having over 5 billion dollars in networth by going bankrupt or owing people. I'll translate my business expertise into repairing this economy, I can't be anymore truthful than that. It's a crisis folks, we need to something now and fast before there is no more jobs , there no more safety nets, before inflation and bankruptcy ruins us. We can't default on our national debts, believe me it'd be nice to file a chapter 11 with China." The crowd snickered a bit at the comments.

"Our trade and how we do business with other countries is part of the reason we're in such a mess in the first place. Our trade is so lopsided, it makes you wonder what the hell our leaders were smoking when they negotiated these crap deals in the first place. Folks, I'll tell you this free trade isn't free trade when the cost is American JOBS!"

"I will be the jobs candidate, bring back our manufacturing, bring back our engineers, bring back small business, we're going to bring back the Middle Class!" Carter took a moment for the applause to die down.

"For decades the middle class has been shrinking. Because of poor decisions in Washington compounded with failing policies, these career politicians have not only failed you but they have brought this once beautiful and prosperous country to its knee's. It's because of politicians like Gareth Wright and Ginger Caulfield that we're in the mess we're in right now. They don't have your interests at heart, I do. I'll take care of you don't worry about that." He allowed sometime for the applause to die down.

"So many issues that are ailing this country, but the biggest of them all is the dismantling of one of our historically largest safety nets ever established, Social Security. Our leaders think that letting the business community handle our livelihood after we retire was the right thing to do. It's stupid. When I'm elected President we're going to renationalize, government shouldn't handle alot of things but one thing I'm certain it should remain true to is protecting and serving it's people and Social Security was meant just for that, security for its people. I mean come on it's in the name. How can we trust corporations to provide payouts to people when from time to time we have to bail them out? There's no sense in it at all. Our leaders thought they could alleviate some pressure on the budget by abandoning our elderly and students, forcing them to fend for themselves. That's not governing, that's recklessness, carelessness, ineptitude. Stupidity! When I'm elected to office I will make it my administrations top priority to renationalize the Social Security." The crowd bursted into an applause. "It has to be done, it has to. It's time we start looking out for our own and doing right by you! The American People, the Middle and Working class. And no can do that better than me, not Wright, not Caulfield, not Egilson or Brae, but ME!"

"The security of American interests in the Middle East and the Pacific has been destroyed. Our influence as great global player has been reduced to regional affairs. No one respects us no more, we don't command the same presence at the negotiating table like we once used to. We're pushovers. Iran is taking over the Middle East, China controls the Pacific and to a lesser extent our markets, and Russia is seen as more credible than us. I mean what the hell is going on here. Seriously! It... It hurts my head to think we've let this country sink so low, once at the pivot of global security and trade only to slowly and agonizingly land here. It needs to change, if we are going to command the respect that we once had we need to first respect ourselves and how could you respect this country in its current state? Yo can't, I don't blame you. I'll tell you this, I'll be so tough on Iran, on China, on Russia, they'll fear us again believe me on that. Americans going to toughen up when I'm President. We'll get those sheep in line, even if its means flexing a little muscle. We're going to show the world that the country that won both World Wars isn't a pushover. Even ask the vets, who have been so neglected by the way, what happened to this country. They'll tell you we got soft, that our priorities, which certainly hasn't been them, have been so misguided so misplaced. I'm going to bring us right back on track folks. We're going to enter the world stage rejuvenated, energized, and once they see we can bounce back from this pathetic state they won't think twice about the strength of our resolve."

"I'm running this campaign to help the American people. Our country is a mess and I will clean it up, from renationalizing social security to restoring our image on the world stage the United States of America will once again be a major player. I will beat Wright, I will beat Caulfied, I will beat Egilson, I will beat anyone thrown my way because I'm unstoppable and with your support I know we can win all the way to the White House. Although I joined this race late, this will be only a minor speed bump in my campaign. After today we are full speed ahead, first stop New Hampshire, which is a state I fully intend to win. And after New Hampshire we will win South Carolina and Nevada and Super Tuesday, we are going to win so much you'll only think there was one name on the ballot. These other candidates aint wort the dirt they walk on, so come Tuesday at the polls New Hampshire and the rest of this country know who to vote for. The candidate who will take care of you, the candidate who truly has your best interests at heart. So my fellow Americans, to lead you need to be Bold and Brash and I believe I have what it takes to set this country right. God bless you all and God bless these United States!"

Carter exited off the stage amidst a massive cheer from the crowd. In the back he met his campaign manager who urged him to go mingle with the crowd. After an hour of meet and greets, she carted him off to the airport where his private jet was awaiting him. Next stop: New Hampshire.

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Mon May 21, 2018 3:24 pm

Wright Campaign Schedule
Sunday: Campaign Rally in Merrimack, New Hampshire
Monday: Campaign Rally in Bangor, Maine.
Tuesday: Campaign Rally in Derry, New Hampshire
Wednesday: Campaign Rally in Conway, New Hampshire.
Thursday: Campaign Rally in Essex, Vermont
Friday: Rally in Portland, Maine. Interview on The Tonight Show with John Oliver.
Saturday: Rally in New York City, guest appearance on Saturday Night Live.

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Mon May 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Gareth B. Wright Tweeted: