NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Sandbox/Survival/Horror - OOC / ALWAYS OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon May 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Taggerino
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon May 14, 2018 8:44 pm

New Grestin wrote:Taggerino

Woot
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Mon May 14, 2018 8:44 pm

Tagged and bagged.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon May 14, 2018 8:49 pm

New Finnish Republic wrote:Tagged and bagged.

Double woot
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Mon May 14, 2018 8:55 pm

New Grestin wrote:Taggerino

He lives.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Damverland
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Mon May 14, 2018 9:03 pm

Tagalog.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 14, 2018 9:11 pm

Anowa wrote:Name: Sarah Konig
Name: Buddy
Name: Dylan Stout
Name: Hunter Czajkowski
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

ACCEPTED.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015

Postby Ithalian Empire » Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 pm

I redid my equipment, ill get my bio done tomarrow.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon May 14, 2018 9:23 pm

We need more Asians.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 14, 2018 9:24 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:We need more Asians.

Do Vietnamese count?

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon May 14, 2018 9:27 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:We need more Asians.

Do Vietnamese count?

Last time I check, Vietnam is still Asia. So yes.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Mon May 14, 2018 9:34 pm

I am making a Japanese-American.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon May 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Anowa wrote:Name: Sarah Konig
Name: Buddy
Name: Dylan Stout
Name: Hunter Czajkowski

ACCEPTED.

Anyway, how do you think of my idea of having a pilot character with the storyline being having him trying to escape Chicago to Canada in a plane
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 14, 2018 9:41 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:Anyway, how do you think of my idea of having a pilot character with the storyline being having him trying to escape Chicago to Canada in a plane

Can't guarantee things will go as planned but more power to you.
If by some chance you do succeed the character will be removed from the RP.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon May 14, 2018 10:05 pm

Name: Crystal Wu
Age (DoB): 30, 25th December 1986
Nationality: Taiwan
Ethnicity: Han Chinese
Appearance:

Immunity: Carrier

Equipment:

A backpack, filled with a bottle of water, 4 energy bars and a military-grade ration, flashlight, and pepper spray.
A Glock 19C, with full magazine.
Identification Papers
Wool Hat
Dark Green Jacket
Black Shirt
Blue Jeans
Shoes

Skills:
- Skilled with modern technologies application
- A good spotter and perceptive
- Self-resourceful to a certain degree
Weaknesses:
- Physically she is just a civilian and not athletically trained
- No combat experience
- Knows English, but not very fluent. Pre-apocalypse she relied on translators, but with no access of it she may finds interaction as a possible but hard thing to do
- Not trained to assess combat situations, may acts unintentionally or accidentally
Accolades: (Badges of honor to be earned.)

Personality: Independent, self-resourceful, and compassionate, nonetheless she also show signs of mild depression because of pressures from her family that still reeled and her sadness on not finding her fiancee.
Dislikes: Exhausted, cold water, barbecue.
Fears: Never finds her fiancee and dies alone.

Biography:

Born in Taiwan and raised in Taiwan, Crystal was part of Taiwan's political echelons. Or at least, her family is and still is. Her father was a high-ranked government official, at one point between her teenagehood and college years, while her mother was a socialite and a fashion designer. She was the youngest from three siblings. Her eldest brother was a soldier, while her elder sister was a doctor. So yeah, a lot of pressures in her family. She went through schools relatively good, though she showed an excellence and hobby in technology. She appreciated the hobby and able to joined a robotic competition in Taiwan.

Her college years was more passive, though she indicated that she wanted to be independent and not working for someone else or in a corporation not owned by her. After college, though, she rebounded to Google as a programmer and in her spare time, as photographers. Her programming work proved to be crucial as she innovated the foundation of advanced compression algorithm which makes data storage easier and kickstarts the enter of commercial data usage.

Taiwan government put a contract to Taiwan's Google branch for tech assistances, and although she didn't like the idea as they specifically chose her to be the team leader, she obliged nonetheless. But the contract put her on a list of HVT because of her importance in tech development, and after an incident of data leak and being assaulted, she decided she need to stepped up her game. She decided to put more money on bodyguards. She also realized she needed a time of relaxation and with her family pressures on her to marry someone, she obliged. At this point, she felt increasingly pressured and not enjoying her life in Taiwan. A string of failed dates hampered her efforts.

She was 27 when she met her soon-to-be husband, Lee Kwai-Im, a Major in the military, army. They enjoyed each other's presences. Soon, she returned to Google branch in Chicago, seeing it as a place of safety for her and Lee Kwai-Im also agreed, since he was also discharged and turned in Chicago, working as security employee for Atlas Corporation. However, immediately not long after her boyfriend proposed on her and she accepted, he was recalled back as the first day of Outbreak began. She was left inside Chicago and her family's attempts to get her back to Taiwan failed. She fled to her penthouse but it was clear that the containment was a failure. Her bodyguards bailed out as the Outbreak began to showed its...result, and she was left alone, huddled inside for safety, though when the entire city collapsed, she realized she had no choice but to get out from her safe place and to get on two objectives:

1. Find her fiancee.

2. Get out from Chicago.

RP Example: Yes.

Last edited by The Knockout Gun Gals on Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 am, edited 7 times in total.

Damverland
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Mon May 14, 2018 10:46 pm

Name: Noah Harper
Age (DoB): 16, March 17th, 2000
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: White
Appearance:

Immunity: Immune
Equipment:
* 4 bags of Flamin' Hot Cheetos
* 5 bottles of water
* Samsung Galaxy S7 (out of battery)
* Flashlight
* Sunglasses
* Pen & Notebook
* Hammer
* Kitchen Knife
* Scissors
* Backpack

Skills: Smart, agile, stealthy, apprehensive of others
Weaknesses: Socially awkward, never shot a gun, traumatized over the death of his mother

Accolades: (Badges of honor to be earned.)

Personality: Noah never really had much of a personality to begin with, or at least not one he's comfortable sharing with other people. He spent much of his personal life behind the screen of a computer, living much of his life on the internet and preferring the company of the keyboard over a friend. However, when living with his mother he was eccentric, sarcastic but also somewhat rude.
Dislikes: Arrogance, braggarts, cruelty.
Fears: Social isolation

Biography: Born to a relatively poor household in rural Iowa, much of Noah's life has been safe but boring. His mother was a kind and loving woman, if a bit loose on parenting. He was conceived on a one night stand, with his father coming to visit every once in a while. For most of his life he lived behind the screen of a computer, interacting with the world behind a mask. He did his best in school, though it was lacking. Overall, it was a very mundane existence, until one day in 2016. On a lucky scratch-off, his mother had won over 30,000 dollars, more money than they could think of. They decided to take a trip to Chicago for a week. Unfortunately, that very trip aligned with the start of the outbreak, beginning on their third day there. And unfortunately for Noah, his mother would die in the chaos, leaving him alone in a mad city.
RP Example: FACILITY, two Last of Us RPs by Grestin

Last edited by Damverland on Wed May 16, 2018 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon May 14, 2018 10:55 pm

tag
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue May 15, 2018 2:00 am

I drug my sorry ass out of retirement for this Bei. Don't disappoint me.

Funny to see one or two of the infected types I came up with from the first RP are back.

Name: Caroline Tyrell
Age (DoB): May 1st, 1982
Ethnicity: Caucasian | Anglo-German descent
Appearance:

Equipment:
  • SIG-Sauer P226
  • Twenty-Eight (28) 9x19mm Rounds
  • Two (2) Bottles of Water
  • One (1) Standard Emergency Trauma Kit
  • Loose Bandages
  • Pocket Knife
  • One (1) Smartphone
  • One (1) Handheld Radio

Skills:
  • Significant Medical Training (RN / EMT)
  • Mediocre Handgun Skills
  • Initial Experience with Infectees (Basic knowledge of physiology and behavior)
Weaknesses:
  • Un-Charismatic
  • Existential Depression
  • Physically Weak
  • Poor Shot
  • Minor Bite Wound

Biography:
    Originally a resident of Gary, Indiana, Caroline came from a long family lineage of basically nothing. Most of her family were rural farming folk, content to maintain what they had with few ambitions. Carol, on the other hand, wanted to become a doctor. Despite just barely skirting through school, she was able to achieve the closest thing she could on her meager budget and the money her parents provided. She became a nurse and eventually went on to become a registered EMT not long after. Work in her hometown was limited and the best she could find was an opening with a private EMT service in Chicago. The move was hard on Carol, who found herself in a state of perpetual social isolation. Not to mention, the daily sights, sounds and smells of her job meant she couldn't really explain much to people outside of it.

Her mother would die in 2008, leading her to scrape together what savings she had to move her father out to Chicago to a nursing home near her apartment. Though the social isolation wore off, the financial and mental strain of her father's failing health took it's toll on her. Therapy provided little help, and Caroline retreated further into hobbies like online writing as a way to cope. It was only the feeling that he would be alone without her that kept her from taking the next step. He died two years later, and Caroline became a shut-in, spending all her time either on personal projects or work.

Carol was among the first on the ground when the attack occurred. Hours spend ferrying people back and forth to hospitals, seeing more and more scared faces each time. It took relatively little time for civil order to break down, and her ambulance crashed after an infectee reanimated mid-transport. Carol herself was bitten in the process and, for a time, she thought she finally had her excuse. The infection didn't progress, but Carol still nearly died from a near-fatal staph infection that followed. She wasn't quite immune, but she wasn't a full infectee. Fair enough, she figured.

The next few weeks were spent moving from place to place, gathering supplies where she could. Most shops had been raided as things fell apart, so she was left with a handgun, a handful of bullets, and her old EMT supplies. Even if she didn't need them, maybe someone else would. If she couldn't save herself from her own depression and self-destruction, then maybe she could at least save someone else before she finally broke for good.

RP Example: I feel like I shouldn't need to point this out, but:

Last edited by New Grestin on Tue May 15, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Walabam
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Walabam » Tue May 15, 2018 2:13 am

Name: Lynn Matsubara
Age (DoB): 24 (20th September 1992)
Ethnicity: Asian - half Chinese-Japanese
Appearance: Lynn stands at 5'7" and weighs 114 lbs

Equipment: Lynn carries a sling bag which contains the following:

• 3 pairs of Nitrile Gloves
  • 3 facial masks
  • 1 disposable Lab Coat
  • 1 pair of safety glasses
  • A pair of scissors
  • 1 Dräger X-plore 3300 Mask
  • 2 small bottles of hand sanitizers
  • 2 kit-kats
  • A PDA
  • 1 action camera with 2 spare batteries

Skills:

• Close Quarters Combat
  • Advanced Judo
  • Versatile
  • Little magic tricks purely for entertainment

Weaknesses:

• Asthmatic
  • Reckless
  • Overtrusting
  • Occasional stutter

Personality: Lynn is a kind and understanding person, curious about the inner workings of every human being. She is compassionate towards most people, regardless of race or religion, but thugs and bullies are exempted. Lynn also puts justice ahead of everything else, believing in law and order.

Biography: Lynn was born in Chicago soon after her parents had migrated from the Republic of China (Taiwan). Her father was Seiya Matsubara, a naturalized citizen of Taiwan and a renowned Police Inspector. Her mother, Chen Yen-Lin, was a Public Prosecutor in Taipei, the capital of Taiwan. Lynn's father was responsible for closing infamous kidnapping and homicide cases, while her mother was known for her no-bullshit-attitude towards criminals. A bounty was hence put out by the United Bamboo Gang (竹聯幫) for the lives of Lynn's parents.

Lynn's mother, heavily pregnant at that time, thought to seek refuge in a place far away from the gang's reach. They initially decided to move to San Francisco, but, upon realizing that SF was filled with triads as well, decided to move to Chicago instead. 2 months later, Lynn Matsubara was born. As the only child, Lynn was pampered but not spoiled. Her parents remembered to teach her the traditional Asian values. She was well-respected in her school, earning praises from both the students and teachers, as well as excelling academically. Despite her occasional stutter, she was not bullied in school.

Soon after she graduated from University, she joined the Chicago PD as a forensic technician. She had aspired to become a police officer, but was advised by her doctor not to due to her asthmatic condition. As Lynn slowly worked her way up to become a forensic pathologist, and as she felt her life was getting stable, the world would be thrown into chaos.

RP Example: Here

Last edited by Walabam on Tue May 15, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wat.

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue May 15, 2018 9:01 am

Late tag.
Cheers mates.

Beutarch
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Beutarch » Tue May 15, 2018 1:00 pm

more asians
Do you think you know me?

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Tue May 15, 2018 1:11 pm

I was wondering when you'd bring this back.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue May 15, 2018 3:07 pm

OP NOTE: Please refrain from using personality as a Skill or Weaknesses.

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Name: Nancy Kirksey
Name: Clement Willoughby
Name: Samuel Wayfield
Name: Isaiah Thompson

ACCEPTED.

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Name: Ruby Almanza
Name: Jonathan McCormick AKA Mawuli “Jackie” Jackson

Keep in mind that personality flaws aren't necessarily a weakness, so maybe tweak some of the characters a bit. (This applies to the accepted characters as well.) Also, being "willing to kill" isn't a strength and, again, is more a personality quirk, unless you mean that Jackson has no hesitations about pulling the trigger which I can see an argument for. Concerning the Infected, they didn't appear until Day 6 (as stated in the timeline).
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue May 15, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue May 15, 2018 3:39 pm

Beiarusia wrote:OP NOTE: Please refrain from using personality as a Skill or Weaknesses.

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Name: Nancy Kirksey
Name: Clement Willoughby
Name: Samuel Wayfield
Name: Isaiah Thompson

ACCEPTED.

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Name: Ruby Almanza
Name: Jonathan McCormick AKA Mawuli “Jackie” Jackson

Keep in mind that personality flaws aren't necessarily a weakness, so maybe tweak some of the characters a bit. (This applies to the accepted characters as well.) Also, being "willing to kill" isn't a strength and, again, is more a personality quirk, unless you mean that Jackson has no hesitations about pulling the trigger which I can see an argument for. Concerning the Infected, they didn't appear until Day 6 (as stated in the timeline).

I'll try my best to create more fitting weaknesses for them, then. And yes, for Jackson I meant that he had little to no qualms with killing something that's threatening him. As for the Infected, that's my bad as I made the apps before I saw the timeline, and I should have edited them before getting too triggerhappy with posting the apps up. My bad.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue May 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Tayner wrote:Name: Luke LaForge

Looks good. Just finish appearance.

Ithalian Empire wrote:Name:Daniel Beck

Does he need the military background? I believe are slots are a bit full.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue May 15, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse