NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Liberate The Conservative Christians

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

[DEFEATED] Liberate The Conservative Christians

Postby Tinhampton » Thu May 10, 2018 8:16 am

On the 23rd of May 2018, this proposal was defeated by 10,516 votes to 7,177.
This proposal has been submitted to the Security Council Liberations Board.
NOTE: at 0351 BST on the 19th of May 2018, (I believe) this proposal reached quorum with Hounder roma's approval, the 110th all told

Character count: 2,477
Word count: 384
And with due apologies to Likar for the incidents in the other thread, I present to you...
(also, that is intentional. The two "c"s are meant to be lower-case, as the region itself puts its name.)
(also, also, I know I don't have two endorsements, but I can just move to TNP and attract ten in an hour, right?)
Liberate The Conservative Christians
A resolution to strike down delegate-imposed barriers to free entry on a region.
Category: Liberation
Nominee: The Conservative Christians
Proposed by: Tinhampton

THE SECURITY COUNCIL:

COGNIZANT that [nation=Aspies] is a vassal state of Zealasia, which - under the banner of [region=Christadelphia] - has forced at least two dozen regions into their vast and inactive empire (including those regions that could have otherwise been prized for their names, like The Holy Quran, Hindu, and The outremer);

BELIEVING that [region=The conservative christians] (TCC), although its name is nowhere near as globally recognised, deserves to be protected against these invasive forces (for reasons that will be outlined below), which cannot realistically be achieved without Liberation;

NOTING that, on the 14th of November 2017, Aspies proclaimed their intention to refound TCC, not officially as a military mission but "so that it has an active founder able to evict raiders" (and other, somewhat more unsavoury elements). It is worth remembering that Zealasia refounded Christadelphia under false pretences that February, claiming that "Normal services will be re-established as soon as possible" before going on to keep the region as their main military headquarters;

ALSO AWARE that, by the 22nd of January 2018, Aspies started to put their plan into effect, which was meant to take two weeks to evacuate the entire population to refound the region but which has not yet been completed due to the bold refusal of St Theordos (the last native standing in TCC) and Princi - which were falsely accused of being raider nations conspiring with the Black Hawks - to co-operate with them;

RECOGNISING the support of St Theordos, see above, to a Liberation of their homeland;

ABHORRED by the state that TCC is in today, with only one native and two invaders remaining, a proud declaration on the now-defaced World Factbook Entry that it "has been seized in the name of Zealasia, and is awaiting destruction," and the regular gagging of native forces (as well as the deletion of the invaders' own messages), which stands contrary to TCC's long-standing value of free speech - a state that the region would have more than likely never been in without intervention by Zealasia and their acolytes; and

AFRAID that, unless action is taken immediately to stop this, The conservative christians will fall to Zealasian deception to become yet another brick in the metaphorical wall of utterly lethargic military trophies built up by Christadelphia:

HEREBY LIBERATES [region=The conservative christians].
Last edited by Tinhampton on Wed May 23, 2018 8:34 am, edited 7 times in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Thu May 10, 2018 8:20 am

I was actually going to do this, but with native approval I'm already waiting upon. If you can get native approval before me, go for it. Otherwise, I won't support your draft.
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Chief of Staff and former four time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

Terra Latonia
Political Columnist

Founded: May 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Latonia » Thu May 10, 2018 8:33 am

I believe that it is my job to point out when I see something wrong, and by golly I do. It is my opinion that Tinhampton is on an apparent badge hunt, and should be denied said badges. As soon as they knew I had refounded The Communal Confederacy they telegrammed me asking to repeal the liberation.

The Self-Administrative City of Tinhampton
31 minutes ago
I have two questions, sir/madam:

A. What is "The Astronomy Empire" you speak of?
B. Do I have your consent to repeal SC#244 "Liberate The Communal Confederacy?"

Tinhampton, no I don't want it repealed yet. Stop badge hunting.

Edit:
43 minutes ago
I am not on a badge hunt - I already have two to my name. Apart from "Tinhampton isn't a very nice bloke," do you have any genuine opposition to repeal of SC#244?

For someone not on a badge hunt, you keep an awfully close eye on how many you have. Now, to this proposal. I urge delegates not to support this obvious badge hunt, even if this liberation looks like its needed. The fact that the author makes no mention of native support, nor any mention of trying to get native support, makes me think its a badge hunt coupled with the telegrams sent to me.
Last edited by Terra Latonia on Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zone 71
Envoy

Founded: Apr 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Zone 71 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:26 am

Terra Latonia wrote:I believe that it is my job to point out when I see something wrong, and by golly I do. It is my opinion that Tinhampton is on an apparent badge hunt, and should be denied said badges. As soon as they knew I had refounded The Communal Confederacy they telegrammed me asking to repeal the liberation.

31 minutes ago
I have two questions, sir/madam:

A. What is "The Astronomy Empire" you speak of?
B. Do I have your consent to repeal SC#244 "Liberate The Communal Confederacy?"

Tinhampton, no I don't want it repealed yet. Stop badge hunting.

Edit:
43 minutes ago
I am not on a badge hunt - I already have two to my name. Apart from "Tinhampton isn't a very nice bloke," do you have any genuine opposition to repeal of SC#244?

For someone not on a badge hunt, you keep an awfully close eye on how many you have. Now, to this proposal. I urge delegates not to support this obvious badge hunt, even if this liberation looks like its needed. The fact that the author makes no mention of native support, nor any mention of trying to get native support, makes me think its a badge hunt coupled with the telegrams sent to me.

Fascinating point! Great commentary on the proposal!

I will be support the premise of this proposal and will like approve and vote for it when the final draft is submitted.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu May 10, 2018 9:58 am

Terra Latonia wrote:badge hunt... badge hunting... badge hunt... badge hunt... badge hunt...

I have already contacted Theo and Princi on this matter. Regardless, I hold genuine concern for the future of The conservative christians - this resolution is being written because of its necessity, not for personal glory.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Thu May 10, 2018 10:16 am

Tinhampton wrote:
Terra Latonia wrote:badge hunt... badge hunting... badge hunt... badge hunt... badge hunt...

I have already contacted Theo and Princi on this matter. Regardless, I hold genuine concern for the future of The conservative christians - this resolution is being written because of its necessity, not for personal glory.

I mean, you pestering them to repeal SC#244 and then posting this draft does look a little odd. Even if this proposal is out of necessity, at least I was waiting for native approval first.
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu May 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Lenlyvit wrote:I mean, you pestering them to repeal SC#244 and then posting this draft does look a little odd. Even if this proposal is out of necessity, at least I was waiting for native approval first.

Or you could just wait for them to try to refound and poach it :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Thu May 10, 2018 1:16 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Lenlyvit wrote:I mean, you pestering them to repeal SC#244 and then posting this draft does look a little odd. Even if this proposal is out of necessity, at least I was waiting for native approval first.

Or you could just wait for them to try to refound and poach it :P

That would be forever, as the del has just over 300 influence and the native 2200. Plus a refound would lose 4 years of regional history and over 500 RMB pages.

St Theordos
Attaché

Founded: Jul 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby St Theordos » Mon May 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Lenlyvit wrote:I was actually going to do this, but with native approval I'm already waiting upon. If you can get native approval before me, go for it. Otherwise, I won't support your draft.

You have my approval. Originally I thought that our region was no longer significant enough to warrant a liberation, but you are all very encouraging in your actions, so I thank you all for them.

We have a large enough timeframe, luckily my influence is significantly higher than any raider, however we must not rest on our laurels.

OOC: Apologies I had some real life affairs to deal with

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon May 14, 2018 9:01 pm

Given that there's native approval, go for it :)
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Tue May 15, 2018 3:42 am

Yo, submit this Tinhampton! Full support now that there's native support.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue May 15, 2018 10:28 am

This has indeed happened, with a few changes (mentioning St Theo's support; "inactive" --> "lethargic" in final pre-operative clause).

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Tue May 15, 2018 2:38 pm

Full support, and if you read the rmb's of the regions Zealasia has taken over, you'll find only hatred of those who peacefully practice their religions.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

St Theordos
Attaché

Founded: Jul 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby St Theordos » Wed May 16, 2018 4:18 pm

I'd like to thank everyone for their assistance in helping myself and all our remaining members in exile. I hope that the resolution does obtain enough endorsements so that we may preserve the region's history, even if our founder has sadly vanished...

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri May 18, 2018 12:20 am

After Communiqué's fatal mid-telegram cockup (I need 35 approvals in 20 hours...), I've decided to let this one slip away for another few days, until I can actually find some time where I can leave my computer screen half-open without being told "Tinhampton, why aren't you actually doing more of Some Real Life Thingymabob you're already doing more of?"

EDIT: A time that should be after minor update on the 25th of May. (I would say "or the 26th," but real-life priorities like watching the Champions League final on BT Sport come first :P)
Last edited by Tinhampton on Fri May 18, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Comlogical
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Comlogical » Fri May 18, 2018 5:28 am

Full support.
Comlogical (genpasaporte#4975)

Minister of Defense of the Union of Democratic States | UDSAF Commander | RP Mediator of the UDS RP Ministry | Citizen of the South Pacific
Anything I say does not represent the views of the UDS as a whole.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri May 18, 2018 4:53 pm

The OP claims some issue with Communique. What was it? Feel free to send me a message via telegram or Discord.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Fri May 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Just hit quorum.

Approvals: 110 (Ransium, Kalsland, Makasta, Zone 71, Clarkentrent, The Stalker, 420blazeit6969, Blitzbard, Calcaterra, Aldanari, Clan Northir, Cedoria, Behilonnia, Northern Scandia, Barlomia, Caltyra, Democratic Exodian Territories, Daunlaund, Deutsches Loraine, Adorable Kittens, Erinor, Crysalliss, Erithaca, Esrah, Holy Oceanian Empire, Eboros, Kadikoy, Earthbound immortal squad, Denviri, Escarboucle, Haens, Michellae, San Lumen, Layola, Higher Brandenburg, Makatuna, Chernonorsk, Greater Berlinn, Harenhime, Mierria, Groznyan Orbit, Greater Icelandia Empire, Halcyon Nova, Colgot, Enlightened Sempiternity, Carolina Alliance, Crantaolo, Melsetter, Givemetendies, High Knight Kingdom, Mushmellow, Dolor Mortis, Dellnia, Lacmhacarh, Northeast Union, Etrurius, Of The Catholic Saints, Chedor, Caesar203, Loiuaeburg, Volitopia, Lennala, Isolation Stratigies Inc, Imperial British Federation, Royal Haven, Trescruces, Morshu, The Transhuman Combine, Republica Conquistadora, Meowdom, Draconae, Catylistia, Boston Harbor, The former USSR, McDonaldelica, The Soviets Republic, Knechting, MilkyWay, Kastus, Jimmistonia, The Toasters of Japan, Chuimrigh, Candy and Chocolate, Adennia, Nohanua, Dogeius, Trapanal, The High Empire, The North Hemisphere, Parprini, Angeliono, Cascadia-land, Paramountica, Xadrya, Carstantinopipal, Duck headache, Odinburgh, The neo-Enclave, Comrade Jebs Fascist Utopia, Sheflind, Queen Yuno, Vamperiall, Australian rePublic, Alkasia, Toopaka, Yasooptown, Thy Haven, New Mushroom Kingdom, Nusalia, Hounder roma)

Zealasia
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zealasia » Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Zealasia on Sun May 20, 2018 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Fri May 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Zealasia wrote:At some point, after the inevitable flurry of raids by multiple regions, this liberation will be repealed. I shall bide my time in the wings. This region will at some point join my other trophies. That is its destiny. In the meantime, I have plenty of other fish to fry.

If Iran’s lib hasn’t been liberated, neither will this.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Isvataan
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Isvataan » Sat May 19, 2018 12:37 am

Finally, an actual liberation

Support

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat May 19, 2018 1:02 am

Despite the fact that the TCC does not represent our ideology, Agarntrop is strongly against empire building and conquest. For that we are voting FOR
Last edited by Agarntrop on Sat May 19, 2018 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Honk Donk
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Honk Donk » Sat May 19, 2018 1:37 am

I don't think it's the security council's job to take sides - it should represent the world as a whole. Voting against.

Nakayo
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Nakayo » Sat May 19, 2018 3:35 am

The world factbook of the conservative christians says: "This once neo-Calvinist, homophobic, anti-environmentalist, anti-liberal, elitist, and pro-Trump region has been seized in the name of Zealasia, and is awaiting destruction."

Nakayo is an environmentalist, left-wing, anti-trump nation. But we don't support seizing regions. zealasia shouldn't be condemned though, he doesn't feel notorious enough.
Last edited by Nakayo on Sat May 19, 2018 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nakayo
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Nakayo » Sat May 19, 2018 3:38 am

Honk Donk wrote:I don't think it's the security council's job to take sides - it should represent the world as a whole. Voting against.

Well, WA-members at least. But seizing nations has nothing to do with different opinions. Hence the SC is not taking a side, it's liberating a seized nation regardless of the sides involved. No?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives