NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [IC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

The Dance of Chaos [IC-Fantasy-OPEN]

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed May 09, 2018 10:46 am

ONCE UPON A TIME

Darkness and light have always danced together in the world of Lonriel, two sides of the same coin, neither unable to exist without the other. Countless champions of both good and evil have tried to save the world, guided by their beliefs, but no victory has ever lasted long. It has only been thirteen years since the corrupted flame of Achysia threatened the Silver Realms with its undead armies fighting in the name of their Mage-Emperor. It has only been three years since the final battle that ended that war in the name of the Holy Covenant, an alliance of armies and nations brought together by the Faith. Only three years since the battle in which half of the Champions of Light, the Seven Traitors, betrayed their vows and tried to save the dying Mage-Emperor, only to be defeated by the ones who remained loyal to their oaths, the Seven Heroes. Their victory brought peace to these lands. But peace was only an illusion.

Chaos has once again been spreading, slithering through the world. To the west, in the Forests of the Loroi, the hate between Children of the Sun and the Moon has grown ever more bitter, memories of their old empire and blood ties growing ever weaker. To the north, the Zemrai withdraw in their seclusion, closing the gates of their stone fortresses in the mountains, their old kings tired of the world. To the east, something stirs in the Great Steppe, threatening the Hordes of the Karaki and forcing them into ever more brutal raids against the civilized world and the warriors of the Two Mothers. Silence rules over the dead center of the world, the Blighted Lands that once were the shining realms of the Silver Throne, the Empire of Thyria, while whispers come from the far south of the impenetrable Shade. And in the middle of it all, the Silver Realms and bicker and squabble, the Holy Covenant close to breaking, as the Achysians prepare to fight for their freedom, and as hosts of shade and silver prey on their borders.

All while the Cult of Sins spreads the authority of their divine masters, with the Cult of the Virtues kept chained by suspicion, and with the Faith being increasingly filled with despair, left astray by the silence of their Sixteen Gods. War and shadows, fear and blood, magic and hate, all waiting for the bells of fate. And when the chaos will start its dance, will the mortals be able to resist its call?

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the Dance of Chaos, my fantasy roleplay. It is set in the world of Lonriel, a world of magic and legends, of mages, knights, warriors, monsters, of demons and angels. While not entirely original, since it has been inspired by various books, movies, and anime series, it is a realm where all sorts of adventures can happen, stuck in the middle of a medieval-like age, where magic means power. Most of the action of the roleplay so far is focused in the region known as the Silver Realms, the regions that were once part of the Empire of Thyria, which was destroyed in the Great Blighting. Surrounding the corrupted remains of what were once the Thyrian heartlands, the Silver Realms are inhabited by a majority of humans, but have very extensive populations of elves, dwarves, and countless other races and monsters, so players can make nearly any sort character they want. The Cult of Sins is wreaking havoc, most of the realms are close to war, Achysia is ready to revolt in order to gain its freedom, and monsters and demons are starting to appear, while the Cult of Virtues, the Faith, and the Seven Heroes are just barely able to keep things under control. Regardless of whether you want to be a skillful mage, a valiant knight or a brutal monster, there is something that you can do here. The roleplay doesn't have a single, central plot/interaction with all characters, instead we have many separate plots and interactions, and we always try to help new players to create the characters they want and to take part in the plots that they'd enjoy the most. Thank you for checking this out, and I hope that we'll all have a lot of fun!
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 10 times in total.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed May 09, 2018 10:47 am

ACCEPTED
CHARACTERS

This is a list of all the characters belonging to active players. Not all of them are currently used within the IC, but are being kept on the list because their players will want to use them whenever possible.

ACCEPTED
RELICS

This is a list of all the currently active and accepted relics. Since most of the relics are bound to a master character and are used by that master in their weapon form, they might be somewhat difficult to spot in the IC. Inactive relics that were removed from this list are grouped together with normal characters in the Old Characters list.

NON-PLAYABLE
CHARACTERS

This is a list of all the currently existing Non-Playable Characters. NPC's are usually created by either the OP without applications, and they're used in specific plots or for important positions. Players also sometimes create NPC's in order to make certain plots or interactions work, and there are also situations where with the full agreement of the player, a character that they no longer play as, but who is still important to the lore or the plot, is retained as an NPC. Some NPC's could be taken over by players through an app, but that is an individual decision and would be subject to certain conditions, so if you see an NPC that you enjoy and that you want to apply as, please ask about it in the OOC.

OLD
CHARACTERS

This is a list of characters that were accepted from players who have since went inactive or abandoned the roleplay. It is maintained both in order to allow newer players to understand what characters are referenced in older posts, and to allow those inactive players, if they so wish, to easily return to the roleplay. Inactive players who return don't need to reapply - they simply need to say that they've returned and their characters will be moved back into the active characters list.

CURRENT
INTERACTIONS

Mystery in the Fen - OPEN
Merckburger Fen, Oath-League of Anselm

An Assassination Attempt - CLOSED
A ruined town, Kingdom of Duivene

A Traitor and a Constable - CLOSED
On the road to the Citadel of Chovers

This is a list of the currently ongoing interactions in the IC, maintained here in order to easily allow players to see what is going on and where characters are located.
OPEN interactions can be joined by any characters whenever they want, but when a new character joins an interaction, its player should respect the situation that exists and shouldn't significantly alter the action without asking, since even open interactions have a certain degree of planning to them.
SEMI-CLOSED interactions can be joined by new characters, but only under specific circumstances, so interested players should ask about it in the OOC.
CLOSED interactions are generally intended to only happen within a limited circle of characters, so they can't be joined by newcomers.
INACTIVE interactions are ongoing but temporarily put on-hold, usually because an important player is presently unavailable, or because they are waiting on the result of other interactions to continue.
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:16 am, edited 10 times in total.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed May 09, 2018 12:27 pm

De Velira Estate, training grounds
Silvia de Velira

This near stalemate between the two siblings has been going on for a while now, they have closed in for melee repeatedly before one pushes the other back and a distance is made. Illania raises her staff to the air and hurls three fireballs at her brother which he deflects with a barrier of white magic and he charges her once again but before he gets in sword range Illania manages to knock his feet out from under him with her staff and points it at his face. "Looks like I win this time, brother." Illania whispers extending her hand to him which he grabs.

I will never be as good as these two. I quietly think watching my grandniece and grandnephew feeling glum. Solomon is brilliant with the sword while Illania is masterful with her magic and skilled with the sword, while I can beat Illania with the sword I can never match up to either one completely. "Milady Silvia, the General would like to speak with you." I nod and depart the training ground aking my way to father's office through the halls of this old estate passing through halls full of history as the de Velira family has served Achisia for generations before reaching an old set of doors that father's office is behind. I work to straighten my clothing and making sure everything is correct before I knock, even though he is my father I want to make sure everything is right with the clothes he gave me. I knock on the door and enter, seeing father at the window with his hands behind his back, I beat my fist over my chest in a military salute. "You wished to speak with me father?"

"Yes." Augustine turns around and sits in his chair behind the desk. "Take a seat Silvia." I do so and father starts, as calm and measured as ever. "Have you been keeping up with your training?"

"Yes father, I don't think I can rival Solomon by any means but I know what I am doing with the sword."

"I am not meaning your sword training. But your training from the Emperor's assassins." He tells me shortly and I hesitate in answering, during the war he was never pleased about me receiving such training even though the others said I had great potential and I made use of such skills in the war. "I am not mad but I do want the truth on the matter." He tells me but adds a soft smile. "I am glad though you are doing so well with the sword though. It is an art that I wanted all my children to learn."

I smile at that but continue. "Yes I have father. I know you weren't happy with my learning of these skills during the war but I feel though they were the best way I could help you. Since the war I have only used them to target criminals though. As you said, restoring order in our homeland is a priority."

Augustine sighs. "In better times such skills wouldn't have been needed but the restoration of the homeland requires much. And I have need of you and your skills in that regard."

"Say it and I will do all I can father." I tell him, pleased that he wants to use these skills of mine.

"Pack everything you need and make for Wyzkia before sundown, take nothing, or as little as possible, that would identify where you come from." He takes an envelope and places it on his desk. "On the road you will open this and read your directions, it also contains enough coin for your trip, so feel free to use whatever you need." He pauses before continuing, shaking his head. "I don't want to send you on this but you are the only one I can trust with this. You are my daughter after all and I would prefer not to risk you but... for the sake of Achisia all must be willing to risk their children."

"I know father. But I want to help you and I will do all I can."

"Then go."

"Yes father." I get up and leave and but his voice stops me.

"Ah, one last thing." I turn around and Augustine gets up and walks over to me and gives me a hug, something he hasn't done in awhile. "I love you Silvia and I am proud of you."

I smile brightly, cheered up by this. "I love you too father." And depart with him having a smile on his old and worn face. I quickly pack my things and tell my niece and nephew where I am going and all they will need to do in the estate while I am gone. "Wyzkia." Illania says with a grim smile. "I remember the battle on Sedia where my flames burned their winged paladins out of the sky. It was not enough though, it never was enough even as we brought out magic and archers to bear and fought desperately to stop their attack there. Well best of luck and stay safe." She tells me, walking off to do her own thing.

Solomon sighs. "Illania is right in remembering that battle, as horrible as it was. Just be careful, auntie." Solomon says with that childish nickname for me. "I don't want you to get hurt."

"I do what I must for Achisia. But I admit to not wanting to get hurt either." I tell him sticking my tongue out.

"Good you still have a sense of humor." He tells me with a smile before chasing after Illania. "Come on Illania! Best two out of three!"

"For the third time no!"

I smile at the two retreating figures. Even with all its responsibilities this home is one I wouldn't trade for the world. I then depart the estate and attach my supplies to my horse. "Come on you." I mutter before heading down the road before casting one last look at the estate and seeing father on the front steps. I cast one last smile before setting off.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Wed May 09, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:52 pm

A small town in Arghyo
Cyrus Richter

“Devil! Monster!” Shouted a group of men as Cyrus stepped out of the inn where he had stayed the night. He stared blankly at a crowd of men who stood there, wielding whatever they could find and use as a weapon. Cyrus frowned at the crowd of foolish men, young and old, who thought they could slay a demon. He drew his sword, a massive 8 foot blade of steel. A boy, perhaps 15 years of age, charged at him. Cyrus brought his weapon down in an ark, leaving the boy missing a hand. He contemplated ending the child’s life, but he thought better of it. There was no reason to kill the boy. Instead, he would suffer the consequences of his ill fated decision. Then Cyrus lifted his head, and saw the looks of fear in the eyes of the men who just moments ago thought to attack him. He walked slowly past, blade still drawn. Just as he passed one of the final men in the crowd, a man took a stab at him with a pitchfork. Cyrus whipped around and caught the tool by one of its prongs. He stared long and hard into the mans eyes. He considered briefly sparin this man as well, but he acted despite knowing the consequence, knowing that he would fail. A man such as this does not deserve life, for he would simply throw it away. Cyrus ran the foolish man through with his sword, raised his dying body off the ground with the blade, and tossed him aside into the crowd. He left the town then, finding no reason to prolong his stay.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Wed May 09, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed May 09, 2018 3:24 pm

Trebond Manor, Arghyo
Mélanie Trebond

“Any news yet from Clan Andrassy?” A vampire female with shoulder-length blonde hair looked up from her place on the sofa, addressing the redhead seated at the desk across the room.
“Not yet, sadly. But it’s no rush. It’s not like I need to marry quickly, I’m not dying tomorrow. Mélanie, the eldest Trebond sibling and head of their clan ever since their parents’...disappearance more like murder. They wouldn’t have just up and left, it’s not sitting well with me. I don’t believe it and I never will. Something is foul. had been trying to find a way to maintain their alliance with the other clans, and that was usually through marriage.

Unlike the other Progenitors and their families, Mellie’s parents nor the family had any problems with intermarrying different vampire breeds. The so called “blood purity” was probably why there were so few Strigoi left. Now she wasn’t a Strigoi, but her parents were. Which is why it was so suspicious that they would just disappear with no warning. And especially called before the Progenitor council among all things.
"Mona?"
The blonde looked up again. "Huh?"
"How's that investigation into Mother and Father going? My leads are cold." Mellie admitted. Mona shook her head.
"Unfortunately we haven't found anything yet. Marcela's spies are still searching, Mary and Meier plan to journey to the Strigoi kingdoms."
"Not without backup they won't." Mellie's voice was unusually firm.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed May 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Ilrorth & Thyrza
"Are you sure that this is a good place to be?" asked Thyrza as she tried her best to maneuver through the crowd in a busy marketplace in Xerena, "This is getting rather cramped with less than favorable walking conditions." Perched on her shoulder, with his tail and neck wrapped around Thyrza's neck, resting, Ilrorth the pseudodragon purred with laughter and he starts to telepathically communicate with his human companion.

"Oh, Thyrza, you are doing wonderful, it isn't to far from the Inn now, we can stay there for a night or two before we head off into Achisia. It should just be around the corner." he raises his head up and glances around until he sees a sign that signifies the in, "Ah, there we go, right to your left Thyrza. That's it." Ilrorth's baritone voice became quiet as Thyrza opened the door to the inn. Inside, the first floor was set up like a typical tavern, a dark yet cozy wooden and stone interior with relatively high beamed ceilings and a lively atmosphere. On the far wall was a the bar area with a door in the wall that most likely led to the kitchen and a large counter with assorted guests sitting in stools around it, drinking. The rest of the room had various assortment of patrons sitting at different sized tables, enjoying the food, drink, and environment of the establishment. Maneuvering over to the counter, Thyrza managed to get the attention of the bartender.

"Excuse me, but we are looking for a room to stay in for the next few nights, would there happen to be one available?" she asked.
"Yeah, we got rooms available, it will cost you though." the bartender replied.
"Oh price won't be a problem." said Thyrza as she pulled out a rather sizable pouch of money that the bartender eyed greedily.
"Maria!" he called out across the room to one of his barmaids, "These travelers just purchased a room, go up and make sure that one is set up for them." After saying this, the barmaid nodded and hurried to the upper floor to find an open room to make ready. After Thyrza paid for the room with some of the coins, the bartender asks, "So is there anything that I can get y'a while you wait?"
"We'll take a beer and an ale when you can get to it."

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:37 pm

Somewhere in the Arghyon countryside.
Cyrus

Cyrus walked along a road, his armor clanking as he went. He didn’t want to remain in Arghyo much longer. He had been identified as the demon he was, and word spread like wildfire in a smaller country such as Arghyo. He was planning to travel through Anselm and head to Achisia. He would lie low there in he sparsely populated countryside for a short while. There he would be less noticeable while word of him died down in the many countries of the human realms. He passed by a man on horseback. He could use a horse. He grabbed the mans leg and dragged him over the side of his mount, meanwhile, holding on to the horse bridle. The man hit the ground, his head slamming into the dirt hard enough that he was knocked unconscious. Cyrus swung his legs over the side of the horse and settled down in the saddle. “Yah!” He cried as he jammed the heel of his boot into the horses side, spurring it into action. Soon he and the horse were trotting across the countryside. “You know, your a rather fine horse.” He spoke to the beast, a large, dark brown mare with a long mane. “I should probably name you. Maybe... Hmm.” He thought about what he would call his new travel companion. “I know! Wander!” I suppose it will work, after all, it doesn’t really matter too much what I call her. Together, he and Wander set out for Achisia.

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 10, 2018 10:23 am

Somewhere

No one had witnessed the short fight that had happened in the forest. An Archbishop of the Virtues on one side, and a servant of the Faith and a few members of the Scriptures on the other. A violent spell, in the middle of the night, and everything became dark around her. When the girl finally woke up, wounded, and in pain.. the sun was already rising. And for a few moments.. she seemed to be alone. The knights of the Scriptures and that female mage who had introduced herself as Iustitia were nowhere to be seen..and the black haired boy who had been sleeping there, under the tree, was also gone. Everything that had happened during the previous night seemed to have been a dream.. or a nightmare. But one thing was clear.. they had taken him away. And they were certainly not going to treat an infamous Archbishop of Envy with kindness. They were just going to hand him over to the Faith Keepers.. and the Faith's Judgment wasn't going to have any mercy...

The forest around her was.. quiet.. far too quiet. There was no wind, and the trees seemed to be devoid of any life. But then.. she heard someone breathing behind her. A knight? An enemy? And yet, when she turned around.. she saw him.

A pale and rather frail boy, wearing the black-golden robes of Achisia's dreaded mages. He had a pretty messy white hair, and those crimson eyes that she knew so well. Somehow, he seemed to be weaker than when they had last met, and he was looking at her with a genuinely worried expression on her face. What was he doing here, in this place, at this time? He gave no answer, clearly oblivious to just how much his presence there meant. Was someone messing with time and space again? Maybe..

The white haired boy quickly took out a small bottle filled with a red liquid from one of his pockets, a healing potion, probably, and he quickly gave it to the girl. "Drink it, it should help..", he said hesitantly, before he murmured what seemed to be a healing spell. A small, green magical circle appeared in front of his open palm, and Julie felt the pain from her wounds fading away. At that moment though, she also noticed that a black snake with blood red eyes was coiled around his right arm, and it seemed to be looking at her, hissing. There was something off about it though.. as if it was made from a shadow. She had no time to think about it though, as she was interrupted by the boy's worried voice. "What.. what happened to you?.."

Somewhere else

"That's a shame..", the boy said, sighing. It was difficult for Alina to see his expression, with most of his face hidden behind that horrifying deer skull.. and his eyes.. his pitch black eyes were just.. so hollow. And yet, for a moment, it nearly seemed as if the weird boy's regret was actually real. The brown haired squire was sleeping behind her, unaware of what was happening around him, and a few more moments passed in silence.. before Alina clearly had the impression that the boy in front of her was smiling, somewhere beneath that bone mask. "If that's your choice though, I will respect it. You might end up regretting it though.. and that would truly be a pity.. so instead.. I'll just make you another offer! An offer that would be unwise to turn down.. so to say. You're living in a dangerous and brutal world, after all. Wouldn't you want to have the power to protect yourself? Or, even better.. to protect him? He nearly gave his life for you.. and nothing you will say will stop him from trying to die, if it means defending you. How far would you be willing to go to keep him safe from harm? What would you be willing to abandon?"

Suddenly, the strange boy suddenly stood back up. "I could give you the powers that you need.. by using them will slowly, but surely eat away at your humanity..what do you say? Isn't it the perfect offer?"

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu May 10, 2018 11:44 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Somewhere else

"That's a shame..", the boy said, sighing. It was difficult for Alina to see his expression, with most of his face hidden behind that horrifying deer skull.. and his eyes.. his pitch black eyes were just.. so hollow. And yet, for a moment, it nearly seemed as if the weird boy's regret was actually real. The brown haired squire was sleeping behind her, unaware of what was happening around him, and a few more moments passed in silence.. before Alina clearly had the impression that the boy in front of her was smiling, somewhere beneath that bone mask. "If that's your choice though, I will respect it. You might end up regretting it though.. and that would truly be a pity.. so instead.. I'll just make you another offer! An offer that would be unwise to turn down.. so to say. You're living in a dangerous and brutal world, after all. Wouldn't you want to have the power to protect yourself? Or, even better.. to protect him? He nearly gave his life for you.. and nothing you will say will stop him from trying to die, if it means defending you. How far would you be willing to go to keep him safe from harm? What would you be willing to abandon?"

Suddenly, the strange boy suddenly stood back up. "I could give you the powers that you need.. by using them will slowly, but surely eat away at your humanity..what do you say? Isn't it the perfect offer?"
At this, Alina's eyes locked on the boy's, and her hands started shaking.

"Really?" she asked softly, a quiver in her voice. "Would you really... want to help me? I don't want him to get hurt anymore... I don't want him to die... Not for me, not for something like me. They hurt him... they hurt him so much, he almost died for nothing, and I couldn't stop it..."

She can see him trying to push the blade away, trying to stop the pain, even as it cuts into his hands and adds more blood to the growing pool beneath him, and it's all her fault. He's suffering, and it's her fault. Why are they punishing him for her sins?! I'm the one who lied, so hurt me instead--but the only way she can stop this is to tell the truth, so she will. She will, she'll admit to anything, she'll say or do whatever they want if it means that he doesn't suffer and die for the worthless thing that she's become.

The thought hurts. She doesn't want to do this. She doesn't want to let any of them touch her. But what she wants doesn't matter, and that's not going to change, not now, not ever. If they're going to take what they want anyway--and they will, she knows that they will--then at the very least she can try to give it to them on her own terms.

Maybe that will make it hurt less.

"You're right," she admitted. "Nothing I say will help... even though I'm like this, he won't listen, he won't leave. I don't understand why he doesn't just leave... there are more important things to do than protect me, right? If he has to die, it should be for something important, so I... You're right, I want to be able to protect myself. I don't want to just be dead weight, I don't want him to feel like he has to risk his life for a stupid little whore who can't even take care of herself. And if I can keep him safe, too... if I can make it so that he doesn't get hurt like that again... It's not like I have anything of any value to give up, anyway. Not after what they did to me. I'm... worthless. I don't know why he can't see that... And I'm weak, I know that, I'm weak and pathetic, but I don't want to be... I want to be strong enough to protect myself, I want to be strong enough to protect him, so if you can really make that happen, I don't care what you want. Even if it wasn't just giving up my humanity, even if it was something worse, I'd do it, so please... Please make me stronger. I don't want to be like this anymore..."

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Thu May 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Southeast Velikiya, close to the border with Anselm.

Arthur continued to examine the battlefield where he and his cousin's army had crushed the undead army alongside the Anselmian mercenaries lead by Dietrich. The stench of death was prevalent among the battlefield, with some of the undead corpses turned to dust without their masters' necromantic bindings. He spied a large group of Prinz Adi's troops huddled around someone, or something for that matter.

As Arthur approached he was horrified to find that his cousin's corpse, surrounded by undead. His cousin had fallen in battle, a true way for a Velikiyan to die though this threw a curveball at Arthur's attempt to find a legitimate heir to the throne. Arthur ordered Adi's men to cover his body in a shroud and return it to Adi's capital city for burial. Arthur turned back and still saw the Anselmians standing amidst the battlefield, and approached Dietrich once more:

"Now tell me why exactly you are trespassing on Velikiyan soil."

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Somewhere near Arghyo’s southern border

Cyrus was nearly escaped. He and his horse stood atop a hill as he examined his map, meanwhile, wander grazed beside him. This seemed almost too easy. It would take him maybe 5-6 more hours before he had crossed Arghyo’s southern border. His scalp prickled as a cool breeze brushed past him. Cyrus removed his helmet, his black hair falling loose around his head. He went over to wander and searched his bags, until he found what he was looking for. A stale half a loaf of bread and a two-days-old hunkcheese. He figured that the cheese would not last much longer anyway, so took a large bite from the hunk. He finished his meal, and mounted his horse again. He wasn’t quite out of the woods just yet...

Anselm
A small library in Elbing
Iris

Iris sat quietly, reading a book. A rather interesting little tale, telling the story of a small group of knights, going on a quest to vanquish a great and powerful demon. The youngest, and weakest, of these knights wielded a relic that granted him great power. As Iris read on, the story told of how each of the knights, one by one, succumbed to the immense power of deaths embrace. By the time the knights reached the demon, there was only three left, the youngest included. The youngest sacrifices himself to slay the demon, throwing himself into one of the demons attacks in order to get in position to slay the demon. This book speaks far too highly of humans... in reality humans would not do such things at the cost of their own life. Iris though to herself as she closed the book, having finished reading.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Thu May 10, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Without further ado:

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat May 12, 2018 1:09 am

Zapatha wrote:Southeast Velikiya, close to the border with Anselm.

Arthur continued to examine the battlefield where he and his cousin's army had crushed the undead army alongside the Anselmian mercenaries lead by Dietrich. The stench of death was prevalent among the battlefield, with some of the undead corpses turned to dust without their masters' necromantic bindings. He spied a large group of Prinz Adi's troops huddled around someone, or something for that matter.

As Arthur approached he was horrified to find that his cousin's corpse, surrounded by undead. His cousin had fallen in battle, a true way for a Velikiyan to die though this threw a curveball at Arthur's attempt to find a legitimate heir to the throne. Arthur ordered Adi's men to cover his body in a shroud and return it to Adi's capital city for burial. Arthur turned back and still saw the Anselmians standing amidst the battlefield, and approached Dietrich once more:

"Now tell me why exactly you are trespassing on Velikiyan soil."

Velikiya
Eastern Region
Great Steppe of Kanadroviya

Apparently one of the Velikiyan commanders saw it fit to ask him why they were here. Dietrich could only sigh about that. Wasn't it obvious? He put his hands onto his hip and leaned a bit further forward before asking the unknown commander sarcastically:

"May I know your name first shiny white knight?

As for your question, what do you think we would do here? We are mercenaries. We go wherever there is war. And we fight for whoever hired us. Rest assured, that for now it seems that someone on your side hired us for we've been tasked with helping you out."

He then turned his back on the prince, instead dealing with his own men. Weeding out the weak had always been the prime function of battles and he was delighted to see that from the greenhorns he had previously mentally complained about, only few had survived. Good. They would make a fine addition to the more experienced ranks of the mercenaries. Still, he wasn't quite sure what he could ask of these mercenaries. They were Anselmians and a random bunch without great coordination between them. He'd have to drill them into one functioning unit first and then he would have to see just how far they were ready to go. Well, the latter would come in time. Now he would have to give them some tasks to get them working and most importantly, working together.

"Get the bodies men. Can't let them keep lying around here. The stench is already bad enough but I'd rather have all this shit gone. Make some bonfires with them. The sweet stench of burned human flesh should give your nostrils a good taste of what you will smell more often in the future if you survive long enough in this business. If you find anything of worth on the dead, keep it."
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sat May 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Somewhat angered by Dietrich's response, Arthur stormed off to regroup with his and Adi's commanders. Apparently, most of Adi's force had managed to survive, though the loss of their Prince was very much to overcome. Arthur spoke to the second in command:

"Commander Olin, seeing my cousin's untimely passing I believe it is time we talk about who his successor will be. I will succeed him as Prince of his capital and surrounding land, however you will be regent while I tend to the civil war."

Olin was an experienced mage, who had served under Prince Adi's court for several decades. Olin turned to Arthur, nodding his head.

"Now take half of Adi's forces back with you to the capital, I shall take the other half and my force back to my castle to regroup for the prolonged fight. Remember that we still have Prince Alexander to worry about." Arthur said to Olin, before they both mounted on their horses and rode off. Arthur's force now numbered only 10,000 which was not sufficient enough to win against Alexander and the Cult of Sins. As they rode back to Castle von Schmidt, he contemplated whether it was time to take a trip to the Ecclesiarchy......

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Sat May 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Ourskirts of Xerena, bordering Achisia
Bloody Banner Inn & Tavern

Gideon was seated at a table in a corner of the small inn. He was clad in dark red robes with the hood drawn back, his stark white hair and pointed ears exposed.

He studied the parchment before him. It was a list of supplies he needed for the journey ahead. Here he had been able to procure most everything, the rarest of which could only be found in Xerena. The dragon's talon had cost him nearly thrice as much as the total sum of the rest of his components, but with it he could perform several more advanced incantations.

He carefully rolled the list into a tight scroll and fastened a ribbon of silk around it before placing it within his satchel. A cup of mulled wine sat before him. He took a sip and contemplated his return to Achisia.

It's been more than a decade since I left that darkness behind.

The rot had been insidious, and it had led to ruin. Gideon supposed that since the Great War, ruins were all that he would find. Perhaps more, though...

Perhaps the source.

His thoughts were interrupted as a woman entered the inn. It was the creature draped about her neck that interested him. Pseudodragons were very rare. Yet here waltzed in this human with one draped about her neck as if it were no great matter.

From his dimly lit corner he had a full view of the pair. Eyes shining with more than a bit of greed, Gideon observed them for a while. His curiosity got the best of him. He stood, picked up his satchel and staff, and made his way over to the bar, his wine forgotten.

Gideon sidled up beside the woman.

"In all my time, I have yet to encounter such a strange pair."

His eyes passed over the pseudodragon for a moment, then he continued.

"My name is Gideon. My bolder colleagues call me the Half-Elven. Forgive me if I seem overly curious, but... Where do you hail from?"
Last edited by Illegal Planets on Sat May 12, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MDE never dies

”My rock and roll is not to entertain, but to annihilate"

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sat May 12, 2018 1:56 pm

The streets of Elbing
Iris

Iris wandered the streets, witnessing human life unfold before her. A slight breeze tussled her raven black hair as she walked. Her destination was unknown. Iris took a long, deep breath. It had been so many years since she had made her last contract. She recalled the memory of his death. She played the look of his face through her mind again and again. The look in his eyes. Terror, shock, a sense of betrayal, rage that Iris hadn’t even tried to save his life, and had just let him be struck down. Iris shuddered. That is quite enough of that. Iris thought to herself. Iris then noticed that her vision was swimming. She reached up and rubbed her eyes. Tears.

Arghyo’s southern border
Cyrus

He had arrived. He and his horse slowly walked towards the southern border. They had escaped. Cyrus looked around. Nobody. Was there no guards here? He loosened Teufelseele in its sheath.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Sat May 12, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Without further ado:

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat May 12, 2018 3:59 pm

Anselm
Merkburger Fen
Unsterb Manor

Lisbeth smiled at Mireille before saying:

"Oh yes, that one is indeed for you. But don't break it too quickly. It is difficult to come by new and well made toys nowadays.

She then glared daggers at Jeremy. Though her deadly glare softened the moment a massive crab claw shut itself around Jeremy's neck.

"No, I do not feed guests who do not prefer human meat human meat. It is far too valuable for me to waste it like this. Now go on if you dare but I give you a word of warning. My dear Elina Bittersee does have a very sharp loose claw."

She then granted the large man who was seated at the middle of the table an apologizing look and said:

"I am sorry for the little interruption sergeant Maier. Though technically, this interruption ends our little meeting here so it's probably less of an interruption. I do hope the meal was to your liking?"

The giant of a man stood up with some effort. He had some trouble getting his knees out from below the table. But once he stood he bowed respectfully before Lisbeth and said:

"The cooking here gets better every time I visit. I am very grateful for having been able to enjoy your company this evening and am already looking forward to our next meeting."

As he made his way out, walking around the table and past Mireille, the big man smiled at the small Nephilim and shuffled through her hair with his big hand while passing. When he went past Jeremy who was still held in place by Bittersee, he whispered:

"She's in a good mood right now. Don't ruin it."

And then he left them alone with Bittersee and Lisbeth. Which was alright really. Lisbeth was, just as he had said, in a pretty good mood. She happily twiddled her thumbs and took a sip from her glass every now and then. She observed Mireille cuddling with the bear and when she thought the time to be right, when she thought that Mireille's interest for the bear had died down enough so she would actually notice being spoke to again, then she asked into the room:

"Say, you two, what do you think about the three of us going onto a little adventure?

I have a very spacious basement you know and up untill now I haven't managed to find out everything about it or everything in it. That is something I certainly do want to change."

Anselm
Elbing
Streets

Already in the library he had noticed the peculiar lady. He had been there to fulfill one of the tasks given to him by his mistress, the great President of the High Council, Konstanze Unsterb, officially the wealthiest woman in the entire league. The usual task really, to go and find books about magic in the libraries, both light and dark. He knew for a fact that Konstanze did not plan to use these or to learn magic because she had very little mana and affinity for magic. No, the literature was for her little sister, that despicable creature hiding away in the Merkburger Fen, in the ancestral home of the Unsterb dynasty.

Now he had this strange lady on his hands though. He wasn't quite sure why he even took note of her. Just something about her behaviour seemed off. Anyway, maybe he should just talk to her? He stood not far behind her and coughed discreetly. If she were to turn around, she would be met by a bearded man with well combed grey hair and beard stuck in a black butler's suit. Under one of his arms he carried several ancient looking tomes which he had brought from the library.

"Excuse me missis, but would you like a drink?"

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sat May 12, 2018 4:44 pm

The streets of Elbing
Anselm
Iris

She heard the mans words, and at first, thought they were not meant for her. But when no response came from anyone else, Iris slowly turned around to see the man who had asked her if she wanted a drink. A fine dressed man with all appearances of a butler. Iris simply stared for a few moments longer, and then she replied, unsure of what to make of this situation. “Indeed... I could use something to drink. May I inquire as to your name?”

Without further ado:

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun May 13, 2018 1:46 pm

Ilrorth & Thyrza
As their drinks were placed in front of them and Ilrorth climbed down from his perch on Thyrzas shoulder and moved on over to his drink and started a telepathic communication with his companion about their mission into Achisia. "Achisia will be full of unknown dangers my dear Thyrza, are you sure that you are ready for this?" Before, she could respond a half-elf sided up to her and began talking to Thyrza
"In all my time, I have yet to encounter such a strange pair. My name is Gideon. My bolder colleagues call me the Half-Elven. Forgive me if I seem overly curious, but... Where do you hail from?" Using the telepathic communication link to speak back to Ilrorth.
"What is this guy, drunk? He is being rather intrusive."
"Hold on my dear, I feel no real malicious intent or the influence of alcohol upon this man. I would advise that we remain cordial with him but stay alert"
"Alright, whatever you say." Turning towards the half-elf Thyrza responded, "Who do you think you are? We have never seen you before and yet you barege into us asking us personal questions which we will not tell you about." she pauses for a second and Ilrorth grumbles disappointedly, "Anyways, if you decided to approach us, you must want something, so what is it?"

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun May 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:The streets of Elbing
Anselm
Iris

She heard the mans words, and at first, thought they were not meant for her. But when no response came from anyone else, Iris slowly turned around to see the man who had asked her if she wanted a drink. A fine dressed man with all appearances of a butler. Iris simply stared for a few moments longer, and then she replied, unsure of what to make of this situation. “Indeed... I could use something to drink. May I inquire as to your name?”

Anselm
Elbing
Streets

"My name is of no importance but know that I work for a powerful mistress. Now please follow me missus, I know a place where they serve actual high quality drinks rather than the junk sold to the common rabble."

He then led her wordless down the street before taking a turn into a small alley. It was a fairly short walk down the alley, through a small metal gate and eventually they ended up in a small backyard. Small and dark but tidy nonetheless, something rarely seen in these cities. A tree grew in its midst and several elegant metal tables with two elegant metal chairs each had been placed here. Schröck guided his companion to one of these tables where he put down the small stack of books he was carrying before offering her a seat and then sitting down himself.

They were apparently the only guests so it didn't take long untill a waiter appeared. The waiter too was clothed in a fairly tidy uniform, sporting black shoes and trousers as well as a white shirt with a black bowtie and a black vest. He came to them, asking:

"What would you like to order?"

To which the well clothed butler who had led her here only answered:

"The usual for me Jakob."

The waiter then looked a Iris and asked:

"And for the lady?"

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun May 13, 2018 3:59 pm

Iris thought about the waiters question for a while before coming to a realization. What did they even serve? Iris decided not to bother with it. “I’ll have whatever he is having.”twitching her head in the direction of the Butler. When the waiter left, Iris sat in silence, directing her gaze at her hands. She had a small paper cut on her right index finger. She sat and stared, all the while her mind buzzing like a hive of bees.Who is this man? Why did he invite me here? Then she came to a horrifying thought. Did he know she was a relic? Did he want her to form a contract with him? No... it couldn’t be that. How would he have figured out that I was a relic in the first place. I haven’t changed form in years, not to mention the fact that I can Elbing because it was one of the few cities in Anselm that didn’t have rumors of me floating around everywhere. Iris realized how uncomfortable this silence grew, so she spoke up. “So, may I ask why you have invited me here. Do not confuse my words, for it is a kind gesture indeed, but for what purpose have you brought me here?”
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Sun May 13, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Without further ado:

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun May 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:Iris thought about the waiters question for a while before coming to a realization. What did they even serve? Iris decided not to bother with it. “I’ll have whatever he is having.”twitching her head in the direction of the Butler. When the waiter left, Iris sat in silence, directing her gaze at her hands. She had a small paper cut on her right index finger. She sat and stared, all the while her mind buzzing like a hive of bees.Who is this man? Why did he invite me here? Then she came to a horrifying thought. Did he know she was a relic? Did he want her to form a contract with him? No... it couldn’t be that. How would he have figured out that I was a relic in the first place. I haven’t changed form in years, not to mention the fact that I can Elbing because it was one of the few cities in Anselm that didn’t have rumors of me floating around everywhere. Iris realized how uncomfortable this silence grew, so she spoke up. “So, may I ask why you have invited me here. Do not confuse my words, for it is a kind gesture indeed, but for what purpose have you brought me here?”

Anselm
Elbing
Cafe Caferelikt Elbings

"Of course mylady."

, the waiter responded before giving a short bow and vanishing inside one of the buildings surrounding this backyard. A large sign placed over its entrance said 'Caferelikt Elbings'.

Meanwhile Schröck Blech had kept his eyes on her, mindfully eyeing her face as though he was looking for something. And indeed he was. He wondered what made him feel so weird about her. What was setting off his trusted intuition? She seemed fairly normal, stared at her hands. When he diverted his eyes for a moment to see what she was looking at, he noticed a small cut on her right index finger. Of course this silence couldn't last forever so he was just about to speak up when she suddenly spoke herself, asking him why he had invited her here. And indeed, it must be kind of weird why a stranger would suddenly invite one to a pretty secret looking place.

So what would he give her? Truth or lies? With a sigh he decided for the truth, saying:

"If I were to be honest I'd say intuition missus. I cannot quite place it but something is off about you. Now..."

He was interrupted by the returning waiter, who returned together with a waitress who wore something akin to a maid outfit. While the waiter placed two porcellain cups before the two of them as well as two porcellain plates together with silver cutlery and lastly, a porcellain teapot exuding steam and a quite relaxing aroma, the waitress placed a small bowl with sugar, a small can of milk as well as a silver plate with a small raspberry cake onto the table. Then the waiter bowed again while the waitress delivered a curtsy and then they left.

Schröck went into action right after they had left, pouring some of the tea from the teapot into his cup and then putting some sugar in there as well. After mixing it up a little, he sliced off a piece from the cake and placed it on his plate. He then placed a hand on his mouth as though he had just remembered something and stood up, grabbing the teapot and pouring some tea into Iris' cup. He looked into her eyes as he asked:

"Say stop when it is enough."

Once she said so, he stopped pouring tea into her cup and set down the teapot again and then sat down himself. He took a sip from his own cup before continuing to speak:

"Now, my intuition is usually right, hence why I am still alife to this day and my mistress' must trusted servant.

Why does it interest me so much that you are maybe, probably unusual? Well, let's put it this way. Unusual people usually have a lot of usual people looking for them or not liking them when their unusuality is revealed. However, my mistress can offer unusual people a certain degree of protection as well as certain privileges. You see, unusual people tend to be unusually better at things than usual people hence why they are quite important to us. Would you like to enjoy such protection and privileges?"

He leaned back, using his fork to tear off a piece of the cake before impaling it with the fork and putting it into his mouth where he chewed on it and then gulped it down. A satisfied moan came as well as:

"You should really try their raspberry cake. I can personally vouch for its quality."
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Mon May 14, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:14 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:Iris thought about the waiters question for a while before coming to a realization. What did they even serve? Iris decided not to bother with it. “I’ll have whatever he is having.”twitching her head in the direction of the Butler. When the waiter left, Iris sat in silence, directing her gaze at her hands. She had a small paper cut on her right index finger. She sat and stared, all the while her mind buzzing like a hive of bees.Who is this man? Why did he invite me here? Then she came to a horrifying thought. Did he know she was a relic? Did he want her to form a contract with him? No... it couldn’t be that. How would he have figured out that I was a relic in the first place. I haven’t changed form in years, not to mention the fact that I can Elbing because it was one of the few cities in Anselm that didn’t have rumors of me floating around everywhere. Iris realized how uncomfortable this silence grew, so she spoke up. “So, may I ask why you have invited me here. Do not confuse my words, for it is a kind gesture indeed, but for what purpose have you brought me here?”

Anselm
Elbing
Streets

"Of course mylady."

, the waiter responded before giving a short bow and vanishing inside one of the buildings surrounding this backyard. A large sign placed over its entrance said 'Caferelikt Elbings'.

Meanwhile Schröck Blech had kept his eyes on her, mindfully eyeing her face as though he was looking for something. And indeed he was. He wondered what made him feel so weird about her. What was setting off his trusted intuition? She seemed fairly normal, stared at her hands. When he diverted his eyes for a moment to see what she was looking at, he noticed a small cut on her right index finger. Of course this silence couldn't last forever so he was just about to speak up when she suddenly spoke herself, asking him why he had invited her here. And indeed, it must be kind of weird why a stranger would suddenly invite one to a pretty secret looking place.

So what would he give her? Truth or lies? With a sigh he decided for the truth, saying:

"If I were to be honest I'd say intuition missus. I cannot quite place it but something is off about you. Now..."

He was interrupted by the returning waiter, who returned together with a waitress who wore something akin to a maid outfit. While the waiter placed two porcellain cups before the two of them as well as two porcellain plates together with silver cutlery and lastly, a porcellain teapot exuding steam and a quite relaxing aroma, the waitress placed a small bowl with sugar, a small can of milk as well as a silver plate with a small raspberry cake onto the table. Then the waiter bowed again while the waitress delivered a curtsy and then they left.

Schröck went into action right after they had left, pouring some of the tea from the teapot into his cup and then putting some sugar in there as well. After mixing it up a little, he sliced off a piece from the cake and placed it on his plate. He then placed a hand on his mouth as though he had just remembered something and stood up, grabbing the teapot and pouring some tea into Iris' cup. He looked into her eyes as he asked:

"Say stop when it is enough."

Once she said so, he stopped pouring tea into her cup and set down the teapot again and then sat down himself. He took a sip from his own cup before continuing to speak:

"Now, my intuition is usually right, hence why I am still alife to this day and my mistress' must trusted servant.

Why does it interest me so much that you are maybe, probably unusual? Well, let's put it this way. Unusual people usually have a lot of usual people looking for them or not liking them when their unusuality is revealed. However, my mistress can offer unusual people a certain degree of protection as well as certain privileges. You see, unusual people tend to be unusually better at things than usual people hence why they are quite important to us. Would you like to enjoy such protection and privileges?"

He leaned back, using his fork to tear off a piece of the cake before impaling it with the fork and putting it into his mouth where he chewed on it and then gulped it down. A satisfied moan came as well as:

"You should really try their raspberry cake. I can personally vouch for its quality."

At first Iris’ stomach knotted in fear. She knew something was off about her. He suspected something. But as his speech continued, more and more she realized that he had at least semi good intentions. Was he... offering her a job? Before he could possibly withdraw the offer, Iris spoke. “Yes! I would gladly accept such a generous offer. As you said, I am not exactly run of the mill, and unusual people are more often sought out than most.” She hoped that her hands hadn’t been shaking. She took a small slice of raspberry cake and placed it on her own plate, and then took a bite. Indeed, it was a rather fine cake.

Somewhere in Anselm
Cyrus

He had escaped. He hadn’t been confronted by any soldiers on his way out, so now, he road his horse across Anselm, ensuring that his face remained hidden at all times. His next destination was either Velikaya or Achisia. He rode across the land, as hidden as a man in heavy armor could be.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Mon May 14, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Without further ado:

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon May 14, 2018 7:08 pm

Eric Antoine Roch de Villegagnon

The trip back to the capital of Duivene was a long and tiring one. The company of sworn brothers of different scriptures that protected the Princess exchanged looks continuously, eventually looking at the somewhat eccentric figure that was Eric. Without any doubt, he was Duivenian, and not just any Duivenian: He knew the protocols of the royalty without any help, had a complete comprehension of the hierarchy of the scriptures, and named the provinces that formed the country with a certain difficulty, but knew the families behind them.

His story seemed to be a mystery to the ones that accompanied the Princess. He wondered if the Princess actually trusted him or was just carrying him to a trap: In any case, he was ready. Years of running away and building a new life from nothing gave him a gut to know when someone was planning against him, and now he felt something different. It was during the trip that he discovered the actual situation of Duivene. A regent was chosen, due to the minority of the King. The man they only referred to as "Seneschal" seemed to cause a certain tension among the higher classes - or that was, at least, the gossip around the troops - but the controversial figure was firm. As the royal group of soldiers marched back to the capital, people stopped to see the Princess and the weird newcomer that was Eric. Even if someone, by any chance, saw him when he was young, they wouldn't recognize the man he became.

They kept on marching to the palace, the banner of the Duivenian unicorn was carried back to the place of its origin. The place where the royalty lived and governed. The thick walls separated the city from the palace, and the inner courtyard definitely showed a different world: Soldiers patrolled with clean armors, sometimes accompanied with their unicorns, sometimes without them. Stopping at the front door, Eric looked at the Princess, his hand resting against the handle of his sword.

"So... What can I expect from the nobles inside your palace, Princess? It's been some time since I talked with the local nobility."
Nothing to see here, move along.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue May 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:At first Iris’ stomach knotted in fear. She knew something was off about her. He suspected something. But as his speech continued, more and more she realized that he had at least semi good intentions. Was he... offering her a job? Before he could possibly withdraw the offer, Iris spoke. “Yes! I would gladly accept such a generous offer. As you said, I am not exactly run of the mill, and unusual people are more often sought out than most.” She hoped that her hands hadn’t been shaking. She took a small slice of raspberry cake and placed it on her own plate, and then took a bite. Indeed, it was a rather fine cake.

Anselm
Elbing
Cafe Caferelikt Elbings

Schröck Blech smiled at her obvious eagerness to take the position. He then took one of her hands, placing something in it. Iris could feel cold metal but he kept his hands around her while looking her directly into the eyes and saying:

"Splendid. Take this and pin it to your dress at some easily visible spot. It will mark you as one of us and those affiliated with us or knowing about this symbol will know to offer you the same treatment as they offer the others among us."

He then withdrew his hands, revealing the metal object within her hand to be a golden two headed eagle with a silver cross on its chest. On the back of the eagle was a pin with which one could easily, well, pin the eagle to fabric. However he wasn't done quite yet. Taking another slice from the cake, he continued:

"You may wonder why I do not have such a symbol on me. That is because these are symbols only for those among us who are unusual. I have only the cheap version."

He shoved a part of his jacket aside, revealing a the same eagle but made from bronze and with the cross being made from iron, pinned to his shirt.

"Anyways, now, there is a policy that all unusual personnel must be evaluated. Now, before you say anything, I am not allowed to evaluate you because I do lack the proper skills required for this. We have a specialist for this."

From another pocket he withdrew a map which he opened and placed in the middle of the table after having made some space by shoving aside the cake and the teapot. It was a map of Anselm. He placed his finger on an area near the Wyzkian border. Merkburger Fen stood there in red letters. He then placed his fingers upon a symbol at the edge of the fen, black letters there reading Ackrüfen. From there his finger traced a line all the way to the city of Arys, before going through the seas and coming to a rest on the city of Elbing.

"The specialist lives in this fen. The only road into the fen leads through this village, the village of Ackrüfen. It is currently held by mercenaries of the Black Band hired by us. They will let you through if you show them your symbol. However, to get there, you need to go quite a way. You will need to reach Arys first and take the road from there. Be careful, for bandits and brigands still stalk the road, despite their numbers having lessened a bit with all the unemployed mercenaries leaving their ranks and heading off towards Calaria. The fastest way to get to Arys is to take a ship here. My mistress does happen to own a fleet of her own so if you visit the harbour, just check for the part of the docks displaying the double headed eagle with the cross, marking it as her private part of the harbour. Anyone in there will recognise your symbol and follow your every command."

He rummaged a little in his pocket before producing a decently sized leather bag, its contents producing metal sounds as he dropped it onto the table in front of Iris.

"This should be enough to pay for any expenses you might have during your journey. Now be on your way. Your new employer likes punctuality and eagerness. You can take the cake with you, although I do suggest not to since it does not seem befit a lady such as you to run through the streets with a cake in her hands.

Also, do mind that this route is only a suggested one, based on how we usual people travel. I do not know yet how unusual you are and dare not assume but depending on your own skills, you might know shorter ways."
Haedros 92712 wrote:Somewhere in Anselm
Cyrus

He had escaped. He hadn’t been confronted by any soldiers on his way out, so now, he road his horse across Anselm, ensuring that his face remained hidden at all times. His next destination was either Velikaya or Achisia. He rode across the land, as hidden as a man in heavy armor could be.

Anselm
Near the border of Arghyo
Welcoming Committee

Cyrus didn't get far. Already at the first location suitable for an ambush, he was ambushed. By none other than Anselmian mercenaries. Common rabble though, not part of any greater group. Just about ten grown men variously well equipped with armour but all of them armed and partly pretty good. Atleast two crossbows where aimed at him and a bow as well. Apart from that he could count six spears being pointed at him and his horse from all sides. And last but not least, their apparent leader, a man clad in heavy armour. The armour was a bit rusty and overall in bad shape but it was still easily recognisable as the armour of a knight of one of the scriptures, despite its wearers obvious efforts to remove all traces of its former owners. They were cutthroats. Most of their equipment probaly stolen from the fallen of other battles.

The location they had picked one may have been the first one suitable for an ambush, but it was in no way a bad one. No, it was indeed a pretty good one. It was a small grove and the street led straight through it. One of the trees had been placed accross the street. Actually, calling it a tree was probably wrong. That thing was a log with handles for easier carrying and placement. It was obvious that this grove was frequently used for ambushes and the materials used tended to be the same so the ambushers had put some effort into perfecting their tools. Anyways, the trees made escaping with a horse to eather side of the road difficult, in front was a large log with spearmen, behind where spearmen and to the sides were spearmen and the crossbowmen as well as the archer.

The leader of the mercenaries approached Cyrus and lifted his hand for a greeting while resting a morning star on his shoulder:

"Greetings young lad! what leads you to this wonderful place?"

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Tue May 15, 2018 2:46 pm

About 70 miles northwest of Wyzkia

When Bronn came across the mountain containing the gauntlets, he ordered his army to cease marching and stand guard at the base of the mountain. He and a small contingent of his undead made their way into the cave at the base. It was pitch black, even though Bronn could see perfectly his undead shambled around bumping into things in the dark. As they continued their descent into the cave, Bronn recognized carvings on the wall to be Elvish of some kind written milennia ago. They finally reached what seemed to be a dead end to the cave, however the wall in front of them had more of the Elvish carvings on it though much more faded and exuding a more malevolent presence.

Bronn approached the wall, running his fingers along the carvings until suddenly they glowed blood red and rumbling could be heard behind the wall by something....something very angry. As it approached, the wall suddenly burst open sending Bronn and several of his undead flying through the cave. A monstrous, fiery demon had emerged from behind the wall and effortlessly hacked several undead humans to pieces with its demonic sword. It took in a breath of air and said:

"Many thanks for freeing me necromancer, those Loroi had me sealed away in there for milennia with those worthless gauntle---" the demon paused mid sentence as Bronn stood back up. The demon smirked and once more bellowed: "Ah so the aspiring necromancer is after the gauntlets I see...well it seems that your little adventure will end here!"

The demon hefted the mighty sword and swung it at Bronn who narrowly dodged its strike, though it cut down the last remaining undead soldiers. Bronn unsheathed his sword and leaped at the creature, cutting into one of its arms. Enraged, the demon backhanded Bronn sending him flying into the once sealed chamber with its immense strength. As the demon charged at him, Bronn hurled a spear of darkness at the demon which bounced off of its thick hide. The demon once more swung at Bronn who this time parried the massive sword, and then using his free hand to punch the demon squarely in the face which cracked one of its horns and caused it to stumble backwards. Bronn once more slashed with his sword, this time striking the demon along its thighs and once on the chest.

The demon began to bleed, however this didn't slow it down as it picked Bronn up and squeezed him which started to bend Bronn's armor inwards. Before finishing off the undead warrior, Bronn used his life draining spell to incapacitate the demon which let him go in its agony. The demon was too strong however, and eventually it broke free of his spell and picked up a stone column and hurled it at Bronn. Bronn caught the column however, and struggling with it threw it back at the demon which gave him time to retrieve the gauntlets. As he put them on, he felt power surge through him and renewed strength as the battle against the demon had drained him. The demon laughed as he dug out of the rubble, saying

"Now if you think those will save you, you are sorely mistaken!"

As the demon lunged at him, Bronn jumped in the air with him and landed a blow to its chest which sent the demon back in pain. He soon squeezed his hands shut, and in a cold, empty voice said: "Your time has come". The demon looked around the room as tall metal statues came to life, with weapons drawn all on it. The demon screamed as the group of the statues fell upon him, stabbing and slashing until the demon dissipated from this world....

As Bronn emerged with the retinue of statues behind him, he ordered his army to march south, directly for the Wyzkian border....

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse