NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed May 09, 2018 9:53 am

Tamrida wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Nothing in particular, just discussions.

Okay then.

(My eternal confusion over what any of this means continues for now.)

Well, the current discussion seems to be about the drawing that Castle Crashers made for my characters, and that is tied to other roleplays that some of us have been in.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 09, 2018 9:54 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:My favorite thing that she's done is either a drawing you guys probably haven't seen, or Arno with sunglasses. That was hilarious.

I do remember Arno with sunglasses xD

My favorite drawings that she made are probably those of Julie and Celio, and of Elaine and Slaine that you guys haven't seen xD
First time I saw that, I couldn't stop laughing. It was fantastic. Charlotte would die if she saw it.

Well, of course your favorite art is ship art. I can understand that. (I need more ship art but I cannot draw. :() She did a sketch of Vashiel and Kaiana once, I liked that. Want to guess the title? XD

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 09, 2018 9:55 am

Meanwhile, Exil just continues to use his sister for drawing.

He recently decided to go back to the roots with her and do Exilvania related stuff.
And Exilvania related stuff with her is usually near 100% IWA related.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 09, 2018 9:59 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Snip

I still have to accept the shapeshifter, I think.

And yeah, her drawing skills are getting better and better xD

Scarlet Knight's actually also missing approval.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed May 09, 2018 10:00 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:I still have to accept the shapeshifter, I think.

And yeah, her drawing skills are getting better and better xD

Scarlet Knight's actually also missing approval.

I probably missed her name, she's accepted too.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 09, 2018 10:02 am

Charlia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:I do remember Arno with sunglasses xD

My favorite drawings that she made are probably those of Julie and Celio, and of Elaine and Slaine that you guys haven't seen xD
First time I saw that, I couldn't stop laughing. It was fantastic. Charlotte would die if she saw it.

Well, of course your favorite art is ship art. I can understand that. (I need more ship art but I cannot draw. :() She did a sketch of Vashiel and Kaiana once, I liked that. Want to guess the title? XD
Anyone? Rocket science, it isn't.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 09, 2018 10:04 am

Charlia wrote:
Charlia wrote:First time I saw that, I couldn't stop laughing. It was fantastic. Charlotte would die if she saw it.

I think some 75% of the population of this thread, including me, have no idea who Vashiel and Kaiana are.
I'm just going to guess Vashiana?
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Wed May 09, 2018 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed May 09, 2018 10:04 am

I don't know what is going on, or who those people are... and isn't Castle Crashers a video game?

Regardless, I am going to start my Latin class in a bit, so ttfn, Ta Ta For Now.

And remember "Carthago delenda est".

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed May 09, 2018 10:12 am

Character Application

Name: Rafał Opaliński
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual? Maybe?
Race: Human, Wyzkian, to be more precise
Appearance:
He is 185cm/6'1" tall, and he weighs 78kg/149lbs. He is normally wearing a light armor suit like a squire of Wyzkia is supposed to wear.

Position/Status/Affiliation: He is currently a squire in the Order of the Paladins, but his master died during the War of the Seven Nations, and he still has to prove his worth in order to be accepted into the Order. As such, he has left his home for an adventure.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Rafal has been training to become a paladin for nearly his entire life, and because of that, he is good at pretty much everything that a knight needs to master, like sword-fighting, wielding a lance and a shield, using a bow and arrows, surviving in a battle, close-quarter combat, and fighting with a heavy armor on him. But since he is a paladin, and not a knight, he has been training to do all of those things while flying on a griffon, which adds an entire new layer of difficulty to them. He is already accustomed to flying and to using his weapons in the air, and he fought as a squire during most of Wyzkia's military campaign of the Great War. He also has a pretty good affinity for magic, and if not for his dream to become a paladin, he would have probably become a mage - but for now, he only has a vague knowledge of some basic white magic battle spells, and he also knows some healing spells.
Equipment:
  • Szczerbiec/ "the Notched Sword" or "the Jagged Sword", an old family sword. He doesn't know it, but it is actually a Holy Relic, that is currently hibernating, so it looks and acts just like a normal sword.
  • The equipment of a paladin, a lance, a light armor, a knife, and a shield with the coat of arms of his family on it.
  • A small white magic book with various chants and spells in it, and a health potion.

Personality: Rafał is a rather.. naive boy. He firmly believes in the ideals and morals of the paladins, and he tries to act like one, no matter what. He believes in the good of the people, and he really wants to help anyone and everyone. He is a gentle and calm person, and he will only get angry if he sees people doing dishonorable things, things that would break his code of chivalry. He normally tries to look strong and ferocious, but that is only an attempt to hide the weakness and the doubts that he has deep inside of him. The horrors that he has experienced during the Great War also sometimes come back to haunt him.
Moral Alignment: Lawful Good
Biography: The Opaliński family was once one of the richest and the most powerful noble families of Wyzkia. They owned one of the richest cities on the coast of Wyzkia, the city of Orzysz. They had many vassals, they had a strong fleet and mighty knights, and their merchants made trade even with the Loroi...but Wyzkia's decline affected them all. During the Wars of the Dying Griffon, Orzysz, renamed Arys, was one of the first three cities to rebel against the rule of Wyzkia, forming the Triple Alliance of Anselm with Heydekrug and Elbing, and later, the League of Anselm with so many other cities and domains. During that brutal war, their ancestors lost their lands, their city, their vassals, their fleets, and in the disastrous Battle of Wałlowa, when so many of the Wyzkian Paladins fell in front of the crossbows of the Anselmian mercenaries, a single one of their ancestors lived to tell the tale. But because of him, their bloodline survived.

Centuries passed, until Rafal was born in their family's small palace. He grew up with the stories of his family's glorious past, and ever since he could remember, his dream was to become like his heroes, like the glorious paladins of old. But he was the second son, and from the very beginning, his father wanted him to become a priest or a mage. His older brother became his father's squire, but his sibling's dream of becoming a paladin was ended by an arrow in a brutal ambush. Then, the duty of carrying on the name and glory of his family passed on to Rafal, who joined his father as a squire in the Great War. And that nearly broke him. How could a person, especially a boy, remain the same after witnessing all of that brutality? The blood, the screams, the sound of metal hitting metal, of metal piercing flesh? His father died there, his armor useless against black magic, but Rafal somehow survived. He returned home after the war, still unable to become a proper paladin, trying to forget all those painful memories.

One day, when he going to the capital of Wyzkia in order to meet with the Council of the Paladins, he met a girl in the wilderness..
Goals: To become a knight, a Paladin of Wyzkia, and to help as many people as possible. And of course, now, he wants to protect Alina.
Theme Song: Eh

RP Sample:Eh
Did you read the Rules?: Eh
Miscellaneous: Eh
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed May 09, 2018 10:15 am

Charlia wrote:
Charlia wrote:First time I saw that, I couldn't stop laughing. It was fantastic. Charlotte would die if she saw it.

Sorry, but I'm literally struggling not to fall asleep right now xD

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 09, 2018 10:19 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:Anyone? Rocket science, it isn't.

Sorry, but I'm literally struggling not to fall asleep right now xD
Fair enough. And the title is... drumroll please...

'Chocolate?'

XD
Tracian Empire wrote:Name: Rafał Opaliński
Well hello there.

Also LOL at that 'Maybe?'

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed May 09, 2018 10:21 am

Charlia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Sorry, but I'm literally struggling not to fall asleep right now xD

'Chocolate?'

XD
Tracian Empire wrote:Name: Rafał Opaliński
Well hello there.

That was the only idea that I had, but it sounded too weird in my head xD

It's one of the parts of my apps that I haven't changed. I don't remember why I wrote it like that back then xD

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 09, 2018 10:24 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:Fair enough. And the title is... drumroll please...

'Chocolate?'

XDWell hello there.

That was the only idea that I had, but it sounded too weird in my head xD

It's one of the parts of my apps that I haven't changed. I don't remember why I wrote it like that back then xD
Well, this is Vashiel we're talking about. XD

Well, I couldn't tell you. *shrugs* I'm just chuckling because yeah, sure, 'maybe'. :P

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 09, 2018 10:26 am

Charlia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Sorry, but I'm literally struggling not to fall asleep right now xD

'Chocolate?'

XD

:eyebrow:

Charlia, you making me hungry again. First with master of the graveyard, now you got to mention chocolate...

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed May 09, 2018 10:28 am

Charlia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:That was the only idea that I had, but it sounded too weird in my head xD

Well, this is Vashiel we're talking about. XD

Well, I couldn't tell you. *shrugs* I'm just chuckling because yeah, sure, 'maybe'. :P

True xD

Well, technically speaking, no being's sexual orientation is safe in this world.

We do have a shape-shifting god/goddess of Lust, remember? xD

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed May 09, 2018 10:35 am

... Okay, Trace, now I gotta make that character I was talking about.

Maybe he’ll help Rafal since I haven’t seen the guy that posted the Thyrian post in a while... Or I just don’t remember who it was...
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed May 09, 2018 10:37 am

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:... Okay, Trace, now I gotta make that character I was talking about.

Maybe he’ll help Rafal since I haven’t seen the guy that posted the Thyrian post in a while... Or I just don’t remember who it was...

Axis is still around, I think, you can talk to him.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Wed May 09, 2018 10:38 am

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:... Okay, Trace, now I gotta make that character I was talking about.

Talking about me? Was busy with finals until recently if that's what you're wondering.
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Wed May 09, 2018 10:38 am

Tracian Empire wrote:

Axis is still around, I think, you can talk to him.

Here. Here.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 09, 2018 10:40 am

:(
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Charlia wrote:Fair enough. And the title is... drumroll please...

'Chocolate?'

XD

:eyebrow:

Charlia, you making me hungry again. First with master of the graveyard, now you got to mention chocolate...
Ooooooooooops.
Tracian Empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:Well, this is Vashiel we're talking about. XD

True xD

Well, technically speaking, no being's sexual orientation is safe in this world.

Okay, now I'm just thinking 'NO ORIENTATION IS SAFE' and it's making me laugh--

Oh, come on, don't run away--

Great, now I have to go drag her back out of wherever the heck she went. *sigh* Anyone have any garden shears?

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed May 09, 2018 10:43 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:

Talking about me? Was busy with finals until recently if that's what you're wondering.

Yesyes, you. I got an Achisian just ready and roaring to go solve the Blight and the mystery of the Shadow!

Charlia wrote:

:(
Remnants of Exilvania wrote: :eyebrow:

Ooooooooooops.
Tracian Empire wrote:True xD

Okay, now I'm just thinking 'NO ORIENTATION IS SAFE' and it's making me laugh--

Great, now I have to go drag her back out of wherever the heck she went. *sigh* Anyone have any garden shears?

It’s okay, now you’re saved from having Rafal stolen from you by a flamboyantly gay wizard.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 09, 2018 10:46 am

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

Yesyes, you. I got an Achisian just ready and roaring to go solve the Blight and the mystery of the Shadow!

Charlia wrote: :( Ooooooooooops.Okay, now I'm just thinking 'NO ORIENTATION IS SAFE' and it's making me laugh--

It’s okay, now you’re saved from having Rafal stolen from you by a flamboyantly gay wizard.
'Flamboyantly gay'...

*curls up and cries*

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Wed May 09, 2018 10:47 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:

Fitting that he's Achisian, considering the country's potential religious connection to Old Thyria, which I will not spoil in case Trace wants to reveal it later. Anyway, do you have something in mind for potential interactions?

EDIT: Or she. Don't want to assume. :p
Last edited by Axis Asteroid on Wed May 09, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed May 09, 2018 10:49 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:

Fitting that he's Achisian, considering the country's potential religious connection to Old Thyria, which I will not spoil in case Trace wants to reveal it later. Anyway, do you have something in mind for potential interactions?

Not really!

I have absolutely no clue as to where your character is starting nor how my character would know him nor find out about him! But once we figure that out and once I have a more solid grasp of this character I'm building, this is gonna be great!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed May 09, 2018 10:50 am

The IC is here!

Sorry for the delay, I think that it's been more than a week ever since the OOC was posted, but I've been pretty busy in real life.

As I've said before, the roleplay will remain open for the forseeable future - people can still join, and for those who haven't finished their apps yet, there is no rush! We will certainly do our best to always introduce new players into the IC.

Now, I'll have to go to sleep, so for those directly involved in plots with me, I'm sorry, but it will have to wait until tomorrow xD

For the others though, feel free to have fun! If there are still people who don't have what to do ICly, feel free to send me a TG!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse