NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun May 06, 2018 9:47 am

Charlia wrote:*raises hand*

I'm American, and I've heard of King Michael.

...only because of Trace though. :unsure:

That doesn't count. :P

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 9:53 am

Alright, I actually have a couple of events in the history section now!
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 9:54 am

Nea Videssos wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:I'll try to at least make a sketch of a timeline tonight. Videssos, if you'll need any help with your app or lore work, feel free to ask!

Good to hear. I tend to be decent at lore building, so I can probably help with a bit of that too.
As for me going on about wanting to know about timeframes and stuff, it's largely due to one of my main concerns being around uncertainties regarding established background outside of the lore section/page, what might clash or not, and how exactly my old Finnish-inspired kingdom fits into the history of Velikiya and the world in general.

Tamrida wrote:Cool. I am not Romanian, but I am somewhat of a monarchist and appreciate that I am not the only one who really knew who he was.

Also not Romanian (being British), but also a monarchist here.

Well, you could just TG me he ideas that you have, or post them here if you so wish, and we can work on them together. And of course, any help in regards to the lore from the players is more than appreciated!
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sun May 06, 2018 10:06 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:
Tbh, I feel that Progenitors should be rare gems that are almost impossible to come by. Having so many in one place cheapens that imo, and I assume this governing body would be separate from the Council of Progenitors? I think a great emphasis should be placed on the number of birth just like in Seraph. First, Second, Third etc. to reflect a hierarchical structure and just how rare they are.

That's.. true. That's one of the reasons for why I asked. Like bits and pieces of the lore have shown already, the Progenitors are incredibly rare, and not many of them still exist, with their bulk having been killed long ago by the hunters of the Silver Throne. Most of the remaining Progenitors are for that reason a little.. paranoid, so to say, and that has influenced their decision of mostly staying hidden in their own kingdoms. There is a strict hierarchy between them, based on power and blood, and they are indeed ranked by their number of birth like in Owari no Seraph.

So while I'm perhaps alright with one, or at the most, both of her parents being Progenitors, seven Progenitors in the same place would be.. too much, even if we are talking about weaker and younger Progenitors.

And a little explanation about that - the Council of the Progenitors (temporary name), is theoretically the ruling body of all vampires, formed by the strongest of the Progenitors. But since so many hidden vampire realms exist, each of those realms is normally ruled by a Progenitor or by a stronger vampire away from the authority of others. One of the reasons for why this Umbra Court seems to be unique is the existence of that council. The existence of multiple Progenitors in the same place is a little weird because generally, bitter rivalries that stretch back for eons exist between most of the Progenitors, and due to their arrogance, they really dislike sharing power. That's why them sharing power with five other weaker vampires would also be interesting.

They’re not all Strigoi, it’s just a concept I’ve been itching to use for a long time. And yes, they’re separate from the council. I didn’t know how else to make Mellie the head, I had to have the parents not have the position somehow. And if they’re not even an official vampire clan, they are an important family. They just call themselves a clan.
Last edited by Nuridia on Sun May 06, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun May 06, 2018 10:07 am

I would be happy to help with any lore you need done. Just give me an assignment and I should be able to do it.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 10:11 am

Nuridia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:That's.. true. That's one of the reasons for why I asked. Like bits and pieces of the lore have shown already, the Progenitors are incredibly rare, and not many of them still exist, with their bulk having been killed long ago by the hunters of the Silver Throne. Most of the remaining Progenitors are for that reason a little.. paranoid, so to say, and that has influenced their decision of mostly staying hidden in their own kingdoms. There is a strict hierarchy between them, based on power and blood, and they are indeed ranked by their number of birth like in Owari no Seraph.

So while I'm perhaps alright with one, or at the most, both of her parents being Progenitors, seven Progenitors in the same place would be.. too much, even if we are talking about weaker and younger Progenitors.

And a little explanation about that - the Council of the Progenitors (temporary name), is theoretically the ruling body of all vampires, formed by the strongest of the Progenitors. But since so many hidden vampire realms exist, each of those realms is normally ruled by a Progenitor or by a stronger vampire away from the authority of others. One of the reasons for why this Umbra Court seems to be unique is the existence of that council. The existence of multiple Progenitors in the same place is a little weird because generally, bitter rivalries that stretch back for eons exist between most of the Progenitors, and due to their arrogance, they really dislike sharing power. That's why them sharing power with five other weaker vampires would also be interesting.

They’re not all Strigoi, it’s just a concept I’ve been itching to use for a long time. And yes, they’re separate from the council. I didn’t know how else to make Mellie the head, I had to have the parents not have the position somehow. And if they’re not even an official vampire clan, they are an important family. They just call themselves a clan.

Well, if only the two parents were Strigoi, it's alright, but it still would be better, at least in my opinion, for this court to have a stricter hierarchy, with a ruler, and then with the stronger vampires forming a council beneath the power of the ruler. It would make sense due to the power of your character's parents, and if they were Progenitors, it would make sense for them to have a better position than other vampires. It would also explain the transition a little. If there is a council of vampires in charge, then she would merely be a member of that council, not the leader, but if there is a position above the council, she could be in charge.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sun May 06, 2018 10:14 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Nuridia wrote:They’re not all Strigoi, it’s just a concept I’ve been itching to use for a long time. And yes, they’re separate from the council. I didn’t know how else to make Mellie the head, I had to have the parents not have the position somehow. And if they’re not even an official vampire clan, they are an important family. They just call themselves a clan.

Well, if only the two parents were Strigoi, it's alright, but it still would be better, at least in my opinion, for this court to have a stricter hierarchy, with a ruler, and then with the stronger vampires forming a council beneath the power of the ruler. It would make sense due to the power of your character's parents, and if they were Progenitors, it would make sense for them to have a better position than other vampires. It would also explain the transition a little. If there is a council of vampires in charge, then she would merely be a member of that council, not the leader, but if there is a position above the council, she could be in charge.

They do have a ruler, the Grand Master. The other Vampire Lords are elected. Mellie isn’t the head of the court, just one of the lords. She is however, head of the Trebond family and that’s what I meant. I’ll put that in the app.
Last edited by Nuridia on Sun May 06, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 10:15 am

Tamrida wrote:I would be happy to help with any lore you need done. Just give me an assignment and I should be able to do it.

Well, I don't like to give assignments. It's just that players sometimes have ideas for various parts of the lore and they share them with me, and we just work together on them. I received a lot of help like that, but those parts of the lore were mostly done by people who have characters of specific nations or races. Exil helped me with Anselm, Eric with Kartara. And so on.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 10:15 am

Nuridia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, if only the two parents were Strigoi, it's alright, but it still would be better, at least in my opinion, for this court to have a stricter hierarchy, with a ruler, and then with the stronger vampires forming a council beneath the power of the ruler. It would make sense due to the power of your character's parents, and if they were Progenitors, it would make sense for them to have a better position than other vampires. It would also explain the transition a little. If there is a council of vampires in charge, then she would merely be a member of that council, not the leader, but if there is a position above the council, she could be in charge.

They do have a ruler, the Grand Master. The other Vampire Lords are elected. Mellie isn’t the head of the court, just one of the lords. She is however, head of the Trebond family and that’s what I meant. I’ll put that in the app.

So, there are multiple families in that court. I see, that wasn't exactly clear in the app xD

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sun May 06, 2018 10:17 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Nuridia wrote:They do have a ruler, the Grand Master. The other Vampire Lords are elected. Mellie isn’t the head of the court, just one of the lords. She is however, head of the Trebond family and that’s what I meant. I’ll put that in the app.

So, there are multiple families in that court. I see, that wasn't exactly clear in the app xD

That’s my bad. The families weren’t Strigoi, not all of them or even most. Just clans that happen to be prominent in the vampire world, I can see how I failed to clarify that as well.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun May 06, 2018 10:23 am

*meanwhile*

*Charli cannot into worldbuilding*

...I mean, I can, but I don't do it very often. Mostly because everyone else seems to be better at it.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Sun May 06, 2018 10:26 am

Nuridia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:So, there are multiple families in that court. I see, that wasn't exactly clear in the app xD

That’s my bad. The families weren’t Strigoi, not all of them or even most. Just clans that happen to be prominent in the vampire world, I can see how I failed to clarify that as well.

Your character would wield significant influence and power due to being an offspring of the only two Strigoi in that court then. It will be interesting to see her contend with cloak and dagger intrigue born out of jealousy and mistrust from her rivals in Arghyo.

That would also provide motivation behind the assassination of her parents, because as the only Purebloods, they would have posed a significant threat to authority of the Grandmaster as well as the other Vampire Lords, comprised of Upyr and Moroi that would make up the rest of the court.
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun May 06, 2018 10:30 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Tamrida wrote:I would be happy to help with any lore you need done. Just give me an assignment and I should be able to do it.

Well, I don't like to give assignments. It's just that players sometimes have ideas for various parts of the lore and they share them with me, and we just work together on them. I received a lot of help like that, but those parts of the lore were mostly done by people who have characters of specific nations or races. Exil helped me with Anselm, Eric with Kartara. And so on.

I don't really have too much regarding my characters to really do lore on, so that is why I asked in case you need any assignment done.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 10:32 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Nuridia wrote:That’s my bad. The families weren’t Strigoi, not all of them or even most. Just clans that happen to be prominent in the vampire world, I can see how I failed to clarify that as well.

Your character would wield significant influence and power due to being an offspring of the only two Strigoi in that court then. It will be interesting to see her contend with cloak and dagger intrigue born out of jealousy and mistrust from her rivals in Arghyo.

That would also provide motivation behind the assassination of her parents, because as the only Purebloods, they would have posed a significant threat to authority of the Grandmaster as well as the other Vampire Lords, comprised of Upyr and Moroi that would make up the rest of the court.

Well, I think that an interesting way for her parents to disappear, besides from assassination or retirement, would be for them to have been called in front of the Progenitors' Council, only to never return.

But still, it would also be interesting to see how the vampires there deal with the White Rose, as Arghyo will always fight against the forces of darkness :P

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 10:34 am

Tamrida wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, I don't like to give assignments. It's just that players sometimes have ideas for various parts of the lore and they share them with me, and we just work together on them. I received a lot of help like that, but those parts of the lore were mostly done by people who have characters of specific nations or races. Exil helped me with Anselm, Eric with Kartara. And so on.

I don't really have too much regarding my characters to really do lore on, so that is why I asked in case you need any assignment done.

Well, on the other hand, I'm not good at giving assignments. If you want any part of the lore that you'd like to work on, you can certainly do so.

The issue is that I'm rather protective with what I have in mind, so I can't guarantee that all the player work on the lore will be accepted. That's one of the reasons for why I'm not actively encouraging this.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun May 06, 2018 10:41 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Tamrida wrote:I don't really have too much regarding my characters to really do lore on, so that is why I asked in case you need any assignment done.

Well, on the other hand, I'm not good at giving assignments. If you want any part of the lore that you'd like to work on, you can certainly do so.

The issue is that I'm rather protective with what I have in mind, so I can't guarantee that all the player work on the lore will be accepted. That's one of the reasons for why I'm not actively encouraging this.

Ah, I see. Well, if inspiration hits me or if you need some help, I will work on it.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun May 06, 2018 10:42 am

I think I commented about Thrac's signature when he updated it to this...and I don't think my comment consisted of heartfelt condolences filled with empathy and compassion...but as usual, I am not sure because I can barely remember it.

Also, while not exactly a monarchist, I am an authoritarianist...so I am completely fine with a monarchy...

Charlia wrote:*meanwhile*

...I mean, I can, but I don't do it very often. Mostly because everyone else seems to be better at it.

Not like I really did much. Thrac is really blowing the little I have done out of proportion..
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 10:44 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:I think I commented about Thrac's signature when he updated it to this...and I don't think my comment consisted of heartfelt condolences filled with empathy and compassion...but as usual, I am not sure because I can barely remember it.

Also, while not exactly a monarchist, I am an authoritarianist...so I am completely fine with a monarchy...

Not like I really did much. Thrac is really blowing the little I have done out of proportion..

I mean, you did a lot through your characters. And your characters heavily influenced my conception and ideas for Anselm.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun May 06, 2018 10:46 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:I think I commented about Thrac's signature when he updated it to this...and I don't think my comment consisted of heartfelt condolences filled with empathy and compassion...but as usual, I am not sure because I can barely remember it.

The closest I've come to worldbuilding for this RP is the little bit of exposition I've done for Luxuria and Castitas. (Some of which has resulted in actual lore bits, or, at least, I think it has. Maybe?)

That and when I had the idea that Nephilim should all have really freaking weird wings, because of their really freaking weird heritage. (And also so they can be more easily hunted. But mostly just because I like really freaking weird wings, a la Flandre or Nue.)

That's pretty much it.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 10:49 am

Charlia wrote:

The closest I've come to worldbuilding for this RP is the little bit of exposition I've done for Luxuria and Castitas. (Some of which has resulted in actual lore bits, or, at least, I think it has. Maybe?)

That and when I had the idea that Nephilim should all have really freaking weird wings, because of their really freaking weird heritage. (And also so they can be more easily hunted. But mostly just because I like really freaking weird wings, a la Flandre or Nue.)

That's pretty much it.

Even if I've been unable to properly add them to the lore thread, those are indeed part of the lore :P

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun May 06, 2018 10:55 am

Tracian Empire wrote:

I mean, you did a lot through your characters. And your characters heavily influenced my conception and ideas for Anselm.

Damn it! That shouldn't happen! I should not accidentally corrupt the OP's pure ideas!
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Sun May 06, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun May 06, 2018 10:56 am

Character Application

Name: Ser Dante D'Aquila the Stumbling Blade
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Race: Human
Appearance: Image
Height is 6'1, weight is 198 pounds, and he has a lighter shade of green for his eyes. As well, scars travel the entirety of his body, remnants of former battles unknown and untold to others, for some reason or another that only he knows. When wearing a particularly see through shirt, a dark mass can be seen over his heart, though the exact definition or shape can not be made out. What can be made out is the definition of his musculature, which seems more in line with a gymnast with a penchant for deadlifting than an endurance fighter like a knight is supposed to look like. Calluses cover the palms of his hands, but they don't seem to match the handle of his current sword nor the grip of his shield, proving that they seem to be new. Normally, his hair is pulled back in short tail, with some strands handing around his face in a frame. Perfect for attracting the more... friendly men at the par.

Position/Status/Affiliation: A wandering free knight, loyal only to the law of whatever land he's in and his own moral compass. If a slave runs free, he will not stop them. If a murderer kills an innocent, the Stumbling Blade will do everything to bring him to justice. But redemption holds a higher priority in his heart than retribution and justice. Like most knights, he holds some affiliation with the Ecclesiarchy and church, though the current corruption there has made him rather iffy. As evident from his accent in other languages, Dante is Calarian, meaning that when it comes to a debate between nations, he will obviously side for his home nation. After that, Anselm is the best, followed by Arghyo; first, due to the democracy and ability for the peasants to rise and the second because of the peace found within the nation. The other nations move fluidly in the hierarchy, though none surpass Achisia as the worst.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Dante is an expert... something? None can ever really attest that they have ever seen him lose a fight, though most would argue they don't believe he even tried to participate in the fighting. Ever fight Dante enters ends with some sort of strange coincidence causing his opponent to lose consciousness, either a pot falling from a nearby window, a shield thrown accidentally ricocheting into a temple, or rock tripping the Stumbling Blade and causing him to headbutt a cutpurse in the groin. Whether these actions are intentional or not no one can tell but Dante. It's also rumored that he might have an unnatural affinity for fire magic and illusions, though it's never been outright proven.
Equipment: A set of old plate armor, scuffed and dented and darkened with what is hopefully age. On the cuirass is the remains of a sun, though exactly whether or not that sun is Achisian or of the Dawn or of the Black Sun is unidentifiable. Its sigil has not been maintained. Meanwhile, on a new looking heater shield, the symbol of a crouched eagle facing to the right has been repainted over and over, removing blood and nicks. He carries with him a well-kept if simple broadsword which seems to have had the edges dulled. A practice sword, nothing suited to killing. Along with a warhorse named Rocinante and a packhorse by the name of Nascosto, he carries with him camping supplies, kept on Nascosto, and a sealed, black box covered in strange runes.

Personality: Flirty. Naive. Kind. The virtues themselves are perfect adjectives for this patron knight of serfs and peasants. Ser Dante wanders the countrysides and cities not in search of glory or great evils but for people in need. His sword hand is not as important as his strong back, which is for sale to any farmer or worker or injured miner in need for only a warm pile of hay and three meals a day for the time he's there. Dante does not care for theology, for demons or angels, or for heretics. If the gods truly cared so much for everyone to believe in them and them only, wouldn't they smite those non-believers directly? Wouldn't the Dwarves and the Elves and the Orks never have been or their populations be just as godfearing as humanity? The answer is yes, so while Dante may be a devout follower of the Sixteen, he does not find crusading a penchant of his. Dante loves people, loves their potential, loves life, and anything that seeks to corrupt that and end it becomes his enemy immediately. But even enemies are subject to his knight's particular brand of justice.
Moral Alignment: Even you have been corrupted by this evil, Trace? This is a sin! A big sin! A no-no, as they would say!
Biography: Dante came into existence somewhere in Achisia during the Great War of the Realms. Prior to the siege of Regasa, one of Calaria's enclaves on the coast of Achisia, the knight of the Stumbling Blade did not seem to exist. Many take this simply for granted that he had been a squire knighted in the heat of battle by a dying master or some sort of Calarian free soldier knighted for saving a knight's life. Either way, he quickly made a name for himself during the war as an independent agent with no master, wandering from army to army and saving Achisian peasants from the tyranny of all sides. Great massacres that would have been named did not happen thanks to the disarming presence of a young, blonde knight in shoddy armor walking up with a goofy smile and a broken blade. One peace came, he continued his wandering, going from Achisia to Calaria and making it to, currently, Ahgyro. A nation of peace and love and happiness... of devotion to the Ladies like they were gods. While this outward appearance is all well and good, underneath there is still the same strife of society. Theft, murder, and rape still happen in even the best of places. Everywhere, people need help. And where people need help, Ser Dante the Stumbling Blade can be found.
Goals: Be nice.
Theme Song: River of Deceit by Mad Season

RP Sample: Hi
Did you read the Rules?: What are these rules you speak of? This is Romania, land of Free Communists.
Miscellaneous: Ach
#KBE7TY2IEV

Character Application

Name: Patientia
Sexual Orientation: Uknown
Race: Either Elf or Human, due to Ork and Dwarf being overruled by height and slimness
Appearance: Image
Within the dark cavern of his hood, the Archbishop wears a mask akin to the same his followers where in combat. A simple egg-shell of pure white that covers the entire face, itself painted with the black symbol of Patience.

Position/Status/Affiliation: Archbishop of Patience for the Cult of Virtues
Skills/Powers//Magic: Not many know the exact skills of the Archbishop, due to the fact that he hasn't been seen in Sedia nor near his compatriots since the annexation of the Cult into the Church. Other Archbishops are quite familiar with the man's methods and others, if sufficiently clerical in their perusal of League War legends about him, can gain a similar knowledge. Tales of how the Chosen of Patience is a master acrobat, able to bound to rooftops in single leaps, and a poet with a dagger or knife, slicing opponents' neck before they've pulled steel from scabbard, can be heard in any veteran's club or popular mead hall in Lonriel nowadays. But the real secrets are hidden in the mind behind the mask. None have ever heard the man utter an Oath, a chant, a prayer, nor a word, let alone recite a spell. And yet the fiery explosions, screaming hordes of soldiers that suddenly cease to exist, and freak snowstorms all seem to happen anyway. It would seem that Archbishop Patience is a master of Ancient Magicks.
Equipment: Besides the white cloak and mask that hides the Archbishop's identity, he is also known to carry around a singular weapon: a relic by the name of Aequus.

Personality: Tranquility. Kindness. And overall, patience. These traits define the Archbishop perfectly. Every word is measured, calm, and kind to the utmost. Every time he speaks, it sounds as if a grandfather's smile hides behind that mask, ready to pick up every wayward child and whisk them away to paradise. For all intents and purposes, he is an angel of the gods on Earth, even if the Church may call him a rebellious devil and heretic suitable for punishment at the stake.
Moral Alignment: Nooooo, Tracey, nooooo...
Biography: An orphan of war is far more desperate than any other victim. Children, who have witnessed their parents killed in front of their eyes, will do anything to survive in a world as harsh as Lonriel. Begging, scrounging, scavenging, following armies like hungry dogs, thieving, mugging... even killing. This is the state we find the child in. He is on the hunt, bare and dirty feet padding over the stones of a dark, abandoned street. Black eyes starve for light in their search for that red flash that he's been fascinated with for months. Voices whisper happily as they expect their demands to be filled, wrath boiling at a fiery core at the boy's center. His palms itch with anticipation for the deed he knows he will commit. Murder. Delightful death at his own hands.

Months before this child had been a simple farm boy, parents loving and caring and siblings only mildly annoying. That persisted since he was born to the moment the Achisians pulled his entire family in front of the hay bale he had been hiding in and murdered them all viciously right then and there. It was at that moment a voice whispered in his ear, begging him to murder them all, screaming that if he didn't he'd hate himself for the rest of his natural life. Prodded into a rage by Ira herself, the young boy charged a soldier and, bare-handed, pushed him to the ground and ripped out his throat. From then on out, this child was Ira. He was the Archbishop of Wrath, jealous of all those with a family and children with a better life, of those who had not yet killed. Ever since, his patron sin murmured at him, a dagger stained with centuries of blood floated at his hip having appeared from seemingly nowhere, and fire flew from his fingertips with every scream. He was Rage incarnate and he would murder anyone and everyone he deemed worthy.

Ira moved from city to city, town to town, village to village, hamlet to hamlet, isolated home to isolated home, camp to camp, always finding at least one child, one family, one neighborhood, one clan that he would brutally murder before moving on to the next. That was, until, he stumbled on the camp of Patientia. Just as the myths foretold, he was dressed in a white cloak with a voice that conveyed the ever present smile. For an Archbishop of Sin, to meet their direct nemesis is a rite of passage. To kill them is to establish dominance. Immediately, Ira adopted an act. He became the orphan of war he should have been, starving not for blood but for food and love. Patientia, the fool he was, took him in immediately.

For years they traveled, Patientia watching his boy grow, teaching him the ways of the world, taking him on journeys. Each town would have a horrible accident while they were there... nothing but coincidence, though, another murderer would be blamed and the Archbishop would move on, his leech in tow. Ira was biding his time, waiting for the perfect moment. Hiding his power, covering his lust for sanguine paint, and acting the model orphan. Town after town, city after city, visit after visit to Sedia passed by in front of them. No one knew. No one could tell. The old Patientia was clueless to the death he carried at his side.

Finally, the day came. The pair were camping out beneath the stars of an obscure, uninhabited Calarian island. Patientia fell asleep early and Ira could feel his patron Sin pushing him toward the deed. The time was now. Blood would spill. Great sanguine paint to make a canvas of the grass. It was time. It was time. It was time. Words did not work through his mind, only anger, only jealousy, as slowly that blood stained relic of wrath floated in from its hiding place and dropped into Ira's palm. Those palms itched. Adrenaline pumped through his body. His toes curled in his boots as they slowly, silently padded toward the side of his father. The man who had raised him, who had shown him the world, taught him how to read, count, speak different languages. How to see the best in people. And here he was about to slit his throat...

Hesitation. It was the first time he felt hesitation in the entirety of his life. The edge was pressed against Patientia's throat when the old man's eyes fluttered open. Red matched grey for a moment, swirling into a maelstrom of desire and calm. Slowly, a smile spread of Patientia's face. "I knew..." he muttered, and it was at that moment two things happened simultaneously. Firstly, Patientia released his final work of ancient magic, converting the wrath in Ira's heart to patience, capitalizing on the hesitation already present in his soul. Secondly... that bloody relic of wrath bit into Ira's father like a hungry dog, slurping at his life-blood like life-saving water. Ira, now Patientia as chosen by the Virtue herself, had experienced what was equally the best and worst moment of his life. With the hand that could have saved himself, his father saved the boy instead.

It was the first time this new Patientia could remember feeling love and regret at the same time.

And it would color his life for eternity onward.
Goals: Separate the Cult from Church oversight and find a successor.
Theme Song: Neon Lights by Idealism

RP Sample: You friend. Me you friend. We... ohana.
Did you read the Rules?: No.
Miscellaneous: Pls don't beat me daddi
#KBE7TY2IEV

Relic App

Names: Aequus, previously the Blade of Wrath
Type: Holy, previously Cursed
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Race: Preferred Loroi, but often appears Human
Form as an object: A Dark metal blade with an elegant curve, about the length of the average forearm. It is perfectly clean and seems to never stain from blood. Previously, it was a serrated blade covered in dried blood from past kills.
Form as a being: A cute Loroi girl with black hair
Appearance: Current Blade Form, Previous Blade Form, Elven Female Form

Position/Status/Affiliation: Her master is Patientia and is always with him, whether others can see her or not.
Skills/Powers//Magic: While a blade, the relic can float along without any direction from Patientia. It can technically break the sound barrier if it wanted to and can go faster than the human eye in combat, but has rarely had the chance. Aequus can also communicate with Patientia telepathically over any distance. Any accepted wielder of Aequus can, when holding the relic, immediately disappear in the shadows and seemingly cease to exist.

Personality: She is entirely obsessed with Patientia and constantly finds ways to flirt with him, which, if witnessed by others, is rather hilarious considering the fact that she remains emotionless and tranquil the entire time. Aequus would do anything for Patientia, ranging from laundry to killing innocents to building a house. To everyone else, she does not speak unless spoken to, entirely by her choice, and if possible, will not interact at all, preferring her weapon form around strangers or people who are not her master.
Moral Alignment: No
History: Aequus was not always an instrument of tranquil patience. Previously, she served the Cult of Sins as the corrupted, cursed relic of every Archbishop of Ira. She would kill innocents, beg for blood, pester he master with the demands of their patron Sin until they would eventual go mad and become mass murdering machine. She did her job as the Blade of Wrath. That is, until the last Ira, who used her to kill his adoptive father before reforming into the new Patientia. He captured her before she could escape to the new Ira, dragging her to the holy city of Sedia in order for the priests to reform her into a holy relic. The entire way she screamed and whispered and begged into the boy's mind, refusing to let him rest and torturing him the entire time. She didn't want to be cleansed. She loved the murder, the death, the pain. Ira was her mother! Ira loved her. She loved Ira. There was no existence beyond murder and rage.

When the priests took her into the sacred chamber, the new Patientia could only hear silence. For days, months, the Archbishop recovered in Sedia and waited for his only friend, only companion to join him on the side of right. Eventually, the situation escalated to the point where Patientia realized the priest had succeeded in their task but where now attempting to add the newly formed Aequus to the relic vault in Sedia. Bursting into the vault, Patientia stole back his weapon and left Sedia, never to be seen again by any member of the Ecclesiarchy. The pair helped the Cult of Virtues during the war and have been fighting Sin ever since.
Goals: Serve Patientia
Theme Song: Literally what goes through her head when Patientia isn't talking to her

RP Sample: Romanian sounds like someone smashed a pizza with a frankfurter and then dropped it into the Black Sea.
Did you read the Rules?: Assuredly not. Rules are for punks.
Miscellaneous: I only know King Michael from HoI IV memes
#KBE7TY2IEV

All of these apps suck, please do not judge me.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun May 06, 2018 11:01 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:The closest I've come to worldbuilding for this RP is the little bit of exposition I've done for Luxuria and Castitas. (Some of which has resulted in actual lore bits, or, at least, I think it has. Maybe?)

That's pretty much it.

Even if I've been unable to properly add them to the lore thread, those are indeed part of the lore :P
:D
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Character Application

Name: Ser Dante D'Aquila the Stumbling Blade
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Race: Human
Appearance: (Image)
Height is 6'1, weight is 198 pounds, and he has a lighter shade of green for his eyes. As well, scars travel the entirety of his body, remnants of former battles unknown and untold to others, for some reason or another that only he knows. When wearing a particularly see through shirt, a dark mass can be seen over his heart, though the exact definition or shape can not be made out. What can be made out is the definition of his musculature, which seems more in line with a gymnast with a penchant for deadlifting than an endurance fighter like a knight is supposed to look like. Calluses cover the palms of his hands, but they don't seem to match the handle of his current sword nor the grip of his shield, proving that they seem to be new. Normally, his hair is pulled back in short tail, with some strands handing around his face in a frame. Perfect for attracting the more... friendly men at the par.

Position/Status/Affiliation: A wandering free knight, loyal only to the law of whatever land he's in and his own moral compass. If a slave runs free, he will not stop them. If a murderer kills an innocent, the Stumbling Blade will do everything to bring him to justice. But redemption holds a higher priority in his heart than retribution and justice. Like most knights, he holds some affiliation with the Ecclesiarchy and church, though the current corruption there has made him rather iffy. As evident from his accent in other languages, Dante is Calarian, meaning that when it comes to a debate between nations, he will obviously side for his home nation. After that, Anselm is the best, followed by Arghyo; first, due to the democracy and ability for the peasants to rise and the second because of the peace found within the nation. The other nations move fluidly in the hierarchy, though none surpass Achisia as the worst.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Dante is an expert... something? None can ever really attest that they have ever seen him lose a fight, though most would argue they don't believe he even tried to participate in the fighting. Ever fight Dante enters ends with some sort of strange coincidence causing his opponent to lose consciousness, either a pot falling from a nearby window, a shield thrown accidentally ricocheting into a temple, or rock tripping the Stumbling Blade and causing him to headbutt a cutpurse in the groin. Whether these actions are intentional or not no one can tell but Dante. It's also rumored that he might have an unnatural affinity for fire magic and illusions, though it's never been outright proven.
Equipment: A set of old plate armor, scuffed and dented and darkened with what is hopefully age. On the cuirass is the remains of a sun, though exactly whether or not that sun is Achisian or of the Dawn or of the Black Sun is unidentifiable. Its sigil has not been maintained. Meanwhile, on a new looking heater shield, the symbol of a crouched eagle facing to the right has been repainted over and over, removing blood and nicks. He carries with him a well-kept if simple broadsword which seems to have had the edges dulled. A practice sword, nothing suited to killing. Along with a warhorse named Rocinante and a packhorse by the name of Nascosto, he carries with him camping supplies, kept on Nascosto, and a sealed, black box covered in strange runes.

Personality: Flirty. Naive. Kind. The virtues themselves are perfect adjectives for this patron knight of serfs and peasants. Ser Dante wanders the countrysides and cities not in search of glory or great evils but for people in need. His sword hand is not as important as his strong back, which is for sale to any farmer or worker or injured miner in need for only a warm pile of hay and three meals a day for the time he's there. Dante does not care for theology, for demons or angels, or for heretics. If the gods truly cared so much for everyone to believe in them and them only, wouldn't they smite those non-believers directly? Wouldn't the Dwarves and the Elves and the Orks never have been or their populations be just as godfearing as humanity? The answer is yes, so while Dante may be a devout follower of the Sixteen, he does not find crusading a penchant of his. Dante loves people, loves their potential, loves life, and anything that seeks to corrupt that and end it becomes his enemy immediately. But even enemies are subject to his knight's particular brand of justice.
Moral Alignment: Even you have been corrupted by this evil, Trace? This is a sin! A big sin! A no-no, as they would say!
Biography: Dante came into existence somewhere in Achisia during the Great War of the Realms. Prior to the siege of Regasa, one of Calaria's enclaves on the coast of Achisia, the knight of the Stumbling Blade did not seem to exist. Many take this simply for granted that he had been a squire knighted in the heat of battle by a dying master or some sort of Calarian free soldier knighted for saving a knight's life. Either way, he quickly made a name for himself during the war as an independent agent with no master, wandering from army to army and saving Achisian peasants from the tyranny of all sides. Great massacres that would have been named did not happen thanks to the disarming presence of a young, blonde knight in shoddy armor walking up with a goofy smile and a broken blade. One peace came, he continued his wandering, going from Achisia to Calaria and making it to, currently, Ahgyro. A nation of peace and love and happiness... of devotion to the Ladies like they were gods. While this outward appearance is all well and good, underneath there is still the same strife of society. Theft, murder, and rape still happen in even the best of places. Everywhere, people need help. And where people need help, Ser Dante the Stumbling Blade can be found.
Goals: Be nice.
Theme Song: River of Deceit by Mad Season

RP Sample: Hi
Did you read the Rules?: What are these rules you speak of? This is Romania, land of Free Communists.
Miscellaneous: Ach
#KBE7TY2IEV

Character Application

Name: Patientia
Sexual Orientation: Uknown
Race: Either Elf or Human, due to Ork and Dwarf being overruled by height and slimness
Appearance: (Image)
Within the dark cavern of his hood, the Archbishop wears a mask akin to the same his followers where in combat. A simple egg-shell of pure white that covers the entire face, itself painted with the black symbol of Patience.

Position/Status/Affiliation: Archbishop of Patience for the Cult of Virtues
Skills/Powers//Magic: Not many know the exact skills of the Archbishop, due to the fact that he hasn't been seen in Sedia nor near his compatriots since the annexation of the Cult into the Church. Other Archbishops are quite familiar with the man's methods and others, if sufficiently clerical in their perusal of League War legends about him, can gain a similar knowledge. Tales of how the Chosen of Patience is a master acrobat, able to bound to rooftops in single leaps, and a poet with a dagger or knife, slicing opponents' neck before they've pulled steel from scabbard, can be heard in any veteran's club or popular mead hall in Lonriel nowadays. But the real secrets are hidden in the mind behind the mask. None have ever heard the man utter an Oath, a chant, a prayer, nor a word, let alone recite a spell. And yet the fiery explosions, screaming hordes of soldiers that suddenly cease to exist, and freak snowstorms all seem to happen anyway. It would seem that Archbishop Patience is a master of Ancient Magicks.
Equipment: Besides the white cloak and mask that hides the Archbishop's identity, he is also known to carry around a singular weapon: a relic by the name of Aequus.

Personality: Tranquility. Kindness. And overall, patience. These traits define the Archbishop perfectly. Every word is measured, calm, and kind to the utmost. Every time he speaks, it sounds as if a grandfather's smile hides behind that mask, ready to pick up every wayward child and whisk them away to paradise. For all intents and purposes, he is an angel of the gods on Earth, even if the Church may call him a rebellious devil and heretic suitable for punishment at the stake.
Moral Alignment: Nooooo, Tracey, nooooo...
Biography: An orphan of war is far more desperate than any other victim. Children, who have witnessed their parents killed in front of their eyes, will do anything to survive in a world as harsh as Lonriel. Begging, scrounging, scavenging, following armies like hungry dogs, thieving, mugging... even killing. This is the state we find the child in. He is on the hunt, bare and dirty feet padding over the stones of a dark, abandoned street. Black eyes starve for light in their search for that red flash that he's been fascinated with for months. Voices whisper happily as they expect their demands to be filled, wrath boiling at a fiery core at the boy's center. His palms itch with anticipation for the deed he knows he will commit. Murder. Delightful death at his own hands.

Months before this child had been a simple farm boy, parents loving and caring and siblings only mildly annoying. That persisted since he was born to the moment the Achisians pulled his entire family in front of the hay bale he had been hiding in and murdered them all viciously right then and there. It was at that moment a voice whispered in his ear, begging him to murder them all, screaming that if he didn't he'd hate himself for the rest of his natural life. Prodded into a rage by Ira herself, the young boy charged a soldier and, bare-handed, pushed him to the ground and ripped out his throat. From then on out, this child was Ira. He was the Archbishop of Wrath, jealous of all those with a family and children with a better life, of those who had not yet killed. Ever since, his patron sin murmured at him, a dagger stained with centuries of blood floated at his hip having appeared from seemingly nowhere, and fire flew from his fingertips with every scream. He was Rage incarnate and he would murder anyone and everyone he deemed worthy.

Ira moved from city to city, town to town, village to village, hamlet to hamlet, isolated home to isolated home, camp to camp, always finding at least one child, one family, one neighborhood, one clan that he would brutally murder before moving on to the next. That was, until, he stumbled on the camp of Patientia. Just as the myths foretold, he was dressed in a white cloak with a voice that conveyed the ever present smile. For an Archbishop of Sin, to meet their direct nemesis is a rite of passage. To kill them is to establish dominance. Immediately, Ira adopted an act. He became the orphan of war he should have been, starving not for blood but for food and love. Patientia, the fool he was, took him in immediately.

For years they traveled, Patientia watching his boy grow, teaching him the ways of the world, taking him on journeys. Each town would have a horrible accident while they were there... nothing but coincidence, though, another murderer would be blamed and the Archbishop would move on, his leech in tow. Ira was biding his time, waiting for the perfect moment. Hiding his power, covering his lust for sanguine paint, and acting the model orphan. Town after town, city after city, visit after visit to Sedia passed by in front of them. No one knew. No one could tell. The old Patientia was clueless to the death he carried at his side.

Finally, the day came. The pair were camping out beneath the stars of an obscure, uninhabited Calarian island. Patientia fell asleep early and Ira could feel his patron Sin pushing him toward the deed. The time was now. Blood would spill. Great sanguine paint to make a canvas of the grass. It was time. It was time. It was time. Words did not work through his mind, only anger, only jealousy, as slowly that blood stained relic of wrath floated in from its hiding place and dropped into Ira's palm. Those palms itched. Adrenaline pumped through his body. His toes curled in his boots as they slowly, silently padded toward the side of his father. The man who had raised him, who had shown him the world, taught him how to read, count, speak different languages. How to see the best in people. And here he was about to slit his throat...

Hesitation. It was the first time he felt hesitation in the entirety of his life. The edge was pressed against Patientia's throat when the old man's eyes fluttered open. Red matched grey for a moment, swirling into a maelstrom of desire and calm. Slowly, a smile spread of Patientia's face. "I knew..." he muttered, and it was at that moment two things happened simultaneously. Firstly, Patientia released his final work of ancient magic, converting the wrath in Ira's heart to patience, capitalizing on the hesitation already present in his soul. Secondly... that bloody relic of wrath bit into Ira's father like a hungry dog, slurping at his life-blood like life-saving water. Ira, now Patientia as chosen by the Virtue herself, had experienced what was equally the best and worst moment of his life. With the hand that could have saved himself, his father saved the boy instead.

It was the first time this new Patientia could remember feeling love and regret at the same time.

And it would color his life for eternity onward.
Goals: Separate the Cult from Church oversight and find a successor.
Theme Song: Neon Lights by Idealism

RP Sample: You friend. Me you friend. We... ohana.
Did you read the Rules?: No.
Miscellaneous: Pls don't beat me daddi
#KBE7TY2IEV

Relic App

Names: Aequus, previously the Blade of Wrath
Type: Holy, previously Cursed
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Race: Preferred Loroi, but often appears Human
Form as an object: A Dark metal blade with an elegant curve, about the length of the average forearm. It is perfectly clean and seems to never stain from blood. Previously, it was a serrated blade covered in dried blood from past kills.
Form as a being: A cute Loroi girl with black hair
Appearance: Current Blade Form, Previous Blade Form, Elven Female Form

Position/Status/Affiliation: Her master is Patientia and is always with him, whether others can see her or not.
Skills/Powers//Magic: While a blade, the relic can float along without any direction from Patientia. It can technically break the sound barrier if it wanted to and can go faster than the human eye in combat, but has rarely had the chance. Aequus can also communicate with Patientia telepathically over any distance. Any accepted wielder of Aequus can, when holding the relic, immediately disappear in the shadows and seemingly cease to exist.

Personality: She is entirely obsessed with Patientia and constantly finds ways to flirt with him, which, if witnessed by others, is rather hilarious considering the fact that she remains emotionless and tranquil the entire time. Aequus would do anything for Patientia, ranging from laundry to killing innocents to building a house. To everyone else, she does not speak unless spoken to, entirely by her choice, and if possible, will not interact at all, preferring her weapon form around strangers or people who are not her master.
Moral Alignment: No
History: Aequus was not always an instrument of tranquil patience. Previously, she served the Cult of Sins as the corrupted, cursed relic of every Archbishop of Ira. She would kill innocents, beg for blood, pester he master with the demands of their patron Sin until they would eventual go mad and become mass murdering machine. She did her job as the Blade of Wrath. That is, until the last Ira, who used her to kill his adoptive father before reforming into the new Patientia. He captured her before she could escape to the new Ira, dragging her to the holy city of Sedia in order for the priests to reform her into a holy relic. The entire way she screamed and whispered and begged into the boy's mind, refusing to let him rest and torturing him the entire time. She didn't want to be cleansed. She loved the murder, the death, the pain. Ira was her mother! Ira loved her. She loved Ira. There was no existence beyond murder and rage.

When the priests took her into the sacred chamber, the new Patientia could only hear silence. For days, months, the Archbishop recovered in Sedia and waited for his only friend, only companion to join him on the side of right. Eventually, the situation escalated to the point where Patientia realized the priest had succeeded in their task but where now attempting to add the newly formed Aequus to the relic vault in Sedia. Bursting into the vault, Patientia stole back his weapon and left Sedia, never to be seen again by any member of the Ecclesiarchy. The pair helped the Cult of Virtues during the war and have been fighting Sin ever since.
Goals: Serve Patientia
Theme Song: Literally what goes through her head when Patientia isn't talking to her

RP Sample: Romanian sounds like someone smashed a pizza with a frankfurter and then dropped it into the Black Sea.
Did you read the Rules?: Assuredly not. Rules are for punks.
Miscellaneous: I only know King Michael from HoI IV memes
#KBE7TY2IEV

All of these apps suck, please do not judge me.
I need some of that patience myself.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 11:11 am

Alright, the IC will be up tomorrow, most likely after I'll finish reviewing all the apps.

I also need to work on the lore of the relics.. did I mention that they were forged in blood?

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:17 am

Ooh, fun!
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse