NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Sat May 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Gonna tag this. Not sure if I'll join it but at the very least I'm interested enough to watch the IC unfold from the sidelines
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sat May 05, 2018 3:45 pm

Okay, here are the two separate applications.
Character Application

Name: Ilrorth
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Race: Pseudodragon
Appearance:
Height: 1ft from feet to shoulder, 3ft from feet to wing tip
Weight: 7.5lbs

Position/Status/Affiliation:
Position: Amateur Mage
Affiliation: None
Skills/Powers//Magic:
Skills: Multilingual (Although can't speak), Short and Long term planning, Persuasion
Powers: Flight, Darkvision(60ft), Telepathy
Magic: Up to 3rd level Entrancement Magic, Minor Healing Magic
Equipment: Magic Tome

Personality: Scholarly and posh, Ilrorth is known for his formal demeanor and logical outlook
Moral Alignment: Ranges from Lawful to Chaotic Neutral depending on the mood.
Biography: Ilrorth, a silver Pseudodragon, was born in a crystal cave. At the age of five human years he set out into the world and became interested in their societies and cultures. Eventually on his journeys he discovered that he had the ability to cast spells using mana, and became friends with a freelance, elderly human mage. Together, under his tutelage, Ilrorth began to learn how to use his magical abilities to great affects and grew an affinity towards Entrancement magic. Eventually, the mage passed away, and Ilrorth, saddened, took one of his friend's magic tomes regarding Entrancement magic as both a keepsake and for further study and went out roaming the world again. Eventually, he discovered a slave woman who was being mistreated by her owner. While normally neutral in affairs like this, the Pseudodragon felt some kind of connection with the slave and, when she was alone, came to her and made a deal to free her if she would become his servant. She accepted, and Ilrorth used his Entrancement powers to get her master to free her and then have an 'accident', a bonus gift for his new companion. The two went off into a mercenary career and formed a symbiotic relationship, with the woman, Thyrza, protecting and assisting the Pseudodragon, with Ilrorth using his magic powers and knowledge to help her out of sticky situations.
Goals: Become a powerful mage
Theme Song:N/A

RP Sample: Here is a post from the Underground Kings:
Tamrida wrote:(Just click on the 'Wrote' link.)

Did you read the Rules?: Yes
Miscellaneous:N/A
#KBE7TY2IEV

Character Application

Name: Thyrza Devorah
Race: Human
Appearance:
Height: 6ft 1in
Weight: 157lbs

Position: Former Slave, Skilled Knight
Status: Decently known warrior, Both: Renowned mercenary duo.
Skills/Powers//Magic:
Skills: Sword Combat, Cooking, High Endurance
Powers: None
Magic: None
Equipment: Armor, Longsword, Shortsword, Formal Clothes, Backpack, Food, Water, and Currency

Personality: Emotional and loyal, Thyrza is known for her headstrong attitude and unwavering loyalty towards her friends
Biography: Once a proud and strong warrior, Thyrza Devorah was captured as after a failed raid and was sold into slavery as a Slave Knight. Initially being treated fairly well, Thyrza was content with her lot in life acting as a soldier and guard for her master. However, she was soon sold to a much more cruller owner, who desired her not for her skills, but rather her looks. While successful in avoiding the advancements made on her, her life became very insufferable as a result, with punishments being given out for no reason whatsoever. Believing she only had two choices, to submit or endure, she lost all hope until one day, a guardian angel came to her. The silver pseudodragon named Ilrorth, promised her freedom from her cruel owner in exchange for her becoming his servant. She accepted, using this offer to transfer her into freedom. Before she knew it, she was declared free and joined the Pseudodragon as his companion, serving as the communicator and guardian for her newfound friend. Eventually, the pair went into business as mercenaries.
Goals: Become wealthy and powerful

#KBE7TY2IEV
Last edited by Tamrida on Wed May 09, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Character Application

Name: Cyrus Richter
Age: 24 (in appearance. In reality he is somewhere near 1,000 years old at this point)
Race: Cambion. Mother was human, father was a demon of unknown species.
Appearance: Image Image Image

Position/Status/Affiliation: Cyrus is a wandering knight of unknown origins. He is spoken of in pubs throughout the human realm, being referred to as a knight who simply showed up one day, and the next day was gone, leaving a trail of corpses in his wake. Though he has no clear affiliation, Cyrus seems to only kill specific people when he arrives in towns throughout the human realms, though these targets have no clear affiliation.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Cyrus is a master at armed and unarmed melee combat, as well as a skilled strategist and mage. His knowledge of offensive magic rivals that of many famous magicians, wielding many fearsome elemental spells. If he sees that a fight is going poorly for him, he can tap into his demonic heritage and access his devil soul form, increasing his magical and physical capabilities tenfold. A major drawback to this form is that he has to be extremely careful when accessing it, because if he uses too much of demonic power at one time, he would die, his mortal body being unable to sustain such large amounts of demonic power.
Equipment: Teufelseele: Cyrus’s sword, with its name translating to Devil Soul, is a sword older than Cyrus himself. The blade was forged over 50 years before his birth, and was originally meant to contain the powers of demons. Teufelseele fell into Cyrus’s possession at a young age, and he has bonded with it since. He won’t wield any other sword.
Grim devil: The grim devil is Cyrus’s armor. Meant to be worn by a demon, the armor is only breakable by means of holy magic or weaponry, and assists Cyrus with controlling his demonic capabilities.

Personality: Cyrus is stoic and cold. He doesn’t often speak, and is almost never seen not wearing his armor. He despises loud noise, and is a lone wolf to an extreme, never being seen traveling with company. He holds a strange sense of honor, despite his murderous tendencies. He takes pleasure in fighting, thinking of dueling to the death as a sport.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic/lawful evil
Biography: No one man could tell you where Cyrus was born, who exactly his mother was, how he came to be the man that he is, not even Cyrus himself. The first thing Cyrus can remember is picking up the sword Teufelseele, at the age of 12. Once he picked up that sword all memory from his past was wiped clean, except for one thing. He was a demon, and a powerful one at that. He then began wandering the world, searching for his true origins. He searched in vain, for as he walked, he began to realize that he world was changing around him. He had walked for a thousand years, and now, his past had been swept away by time. Fearful that this would happen once again, Cyrus began traveling more frequently through towns, so as to track the progress of humanity. One day, while traveling the open road, a demon appeared to him. It told Cyrus of his true capabilities, and gave him the grim devil armor to assist him with these capabilities. From that point on, Cyrus wandered the human realms, actin as a judge and an equalizer, killing all who committed great evil, and sending them to hell for their actions.
Goals: Cyrus’s ultimate goal is to go down in history as one of the most feared warriors and demons to have ever lived. (Subject to change)
Theme Song: The Scions Dance in Purgatory (FE Echoes OST)

RP Sample:Cyrus brought down his sword towards the mans head, only to parried away by the mans own blade. The two men grinned at each other, both obviously reveling in the thrill of a worthy opponent. Their blades clashed, weaving an intricate dance. Sparks flew from the flashing swords. Cyrus delivered a kick to his opponents calf, sending him collapsing to the floor, and with a final brutal swing, he executed his enemy.
Miscellaneous: N/A
#KBE7TY2IEV

I know I technically already had this accepted with my spam account, but here it is under my actual account name
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat May 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Nea Videssos wrote:I've been looking at some of the lore, and it would be nice if there was at least a fairly rudimentary timeline/chronology with which to place various events, the formation of kingdoms and other such things in.
As a historian, the lack of a timeframe beyond "recent happenings" and "long, long ago," irks me a bit. :p

The opening of Star Wars must be wonderful for you. :P

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sat May 05, 2018 4:19 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Nea Videssos wrote:I've been looking at some of the lore, and it would be nice if there was at least a fairly rudimentary timeline/chronology with which to place various events, the formation of kingdoms and other such things in.
As a historian, the lack of a timeframe beyond "recent happenings" and "long, long ago," irks me a bit. :p

That is what the original EU books, videogames, comics, etc. were for :p

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat May 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Tamrida wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

That is what the original EU books, videogames, comics, etc. were for :p

Well for some/almost all the video games it still includes the "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away." in it. :P

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sat May 05, 2018 5:09 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Tamrida wrote:That is what the original EU books, videogames, comics, etc. were for :p

Well for some/almost all the video games it still includes the "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away." in it. :P

Almost, but not all :p

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat May 05, 2018 5:40 pm

Tamrida wrote:Okay, here are the two separate applications.
Character Application

Appearance:

Skills/Powers//Magic:
Skills: Multilingual (Although can't speak), Short and Long term planning, Persuasion
Magic: Up to 3rd level Enchantment Magic, Minor Healing Magic

Personality: Scholarly and posh, Ilrorth is known for his formal demeanor and logical outlook
Biography: Ilrorth, a silver Pseudodragon, was born in a crystal cave. At the age of five human years he set out into the world and became interested in their societies and cultures. Eventually on his journeys he discovered that he had the ability to cast spells using mana, and became friends with a freelance, elderly human mage. Together, under his tutelage, Ilrorth began to learn how to use his magical abilities to great affects and grew an affinity towards Enchantment magic. Eventually, the mage passed away, and Ilrorth, saddened, took one of his friend's magic tomes regarding Enchantment magic as both a keepsake and for further study and went out roaming the world again. Eventually, he discovered a slave woman who was being mistreated by her owner. While normally neutral in affairs like this, the Pseudodragon felt some kind of connection with the slave and, when she was alone, came to her and made a deal to free her if she would become his servant. She accepted, and Ilrorth used his Enchantment powers to get her master to free her and then have an 'accident', a bonus gift for his new companion. The two went off into a mercenary career and formed a symbiotic relationship, with the woman, Thyrza, protecting and assisting the Pseudodragon, with Ilrorth using his magic powers and knowledge to help her out of sticky situations.

RP Sample: Playing and Running both D&D, Edge of the Empire, and other tabletop RPs. Experienced NS nation RPer. RPer in the Underground Kings supervillain RP.
#KBE7TY2IEV

Character Application

Appearance:

Skills/Powers//Magic:
Equipment: Armor, Longsword, Shortsword, Common Clothes, Food, Water, and Currency

Personality: Emotional and loyal, Thyrza is known for her headstrong attitude and unwavering loyalty towards her friends
Biography: Once a proud and strong warrior, Thyrza Devorah was captured as after a failed raid and was sold into slavery as a Slave Knight. Initially being treated fairly well, Thyrza was content with her lot in life acting as a soldier and guard for her master. However, she was soon sold to a much more cruller owner, who desired her not for her skills, but rather her looks. While successful in avoiding the advancements made on her, her life became very insufferable as a result, with punishments being given out for no reason whatsoever. Believing she only had two choices, to submit or endure, she lost all hope until one day, a guardian angel came to her. The silver pseudodragon named Ilrorth, promised her freedom from her cruel owner in exchange for her becoming his servant. She accepted, using this offer to transfer her into freedom. Before she knew it, she was declared free and joined the Pseudodragon as his companion, serving as the communicator and guardian for her newfound friend. Eventually, the pair went into business as mercenaries.

RP Sample:Playing and Running both D&D, Edge of the Empire, and other tabletop RPs. Experienced NS nation RPer. RPer in the Underground Kings supervillain RP.
#KBE7TY2IEV
All right, while I can't give you final judgement due to not having as extensive knowledge of the lore as Trace does, I can give you a summary review of what I do know.

First of all: going to need an actual sample there. Telling us that you've done so-and-so doesn't really do anything. Give a sample, a link to one of your IC posts.

There's something else that's bothering me, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sat May 05, 2018 6:01 pm

Charlia wrote:All right, while I can't give you final judgement due to not having as extensive knowledge of the lore as Trace does, I can give you a summary review of what I do know.

First of all: going to need an actual sample there. Telling us that you've done so-and-so doesn't really do anything. Give a sample, a link to one of your IC posts.

There's something else that's bothering me, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Okay then. Here is a post from the Underground Kings:

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat May 05, 2018 6:34 pm

Tamrida wrote:
Charlia wrote:All right, while I can't give you final judgement due to not having as extensive knowledge of the lore as Trace does, I can give you a summary review of what I do know.

Okay then. Here is a post from the Underground Kings:
Edit it into the apps, and I'll leave the rest to Trace.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sat May 05, 2018 8:41 pm

Did you review the changes I made Trace, because I fixed the thing I got wrong (don't remember what it was exactly lol)

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat May 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Character Application

Name: Mélanie "Mellie" Trebond
Sexual Orientation: Pan
Race: Vampire (Strigoi)
Appearance: https://www.howardlyon.com/illustration ... /new-blood

Position/Status/Affiliation: Her family's rich so she's a lady of leisure, although she is very active in the vampire political circles. She's also the current head of the Trebond clan, one of the more prominent vampire clans among the Strigoi and the family was known for their magical abilities. One of the Vampire Lords of the Umbra Court of Arghyo.

Skills/Powers//Magic: Vampire magic
Equipment: A parasol and a hooded cloak to keep her protected from the sun when she goes out, emergency blood packs, a world encyclopedia and map. Crystal ball.

Personality: Mellie is somewhat reclusive and paranoid after what befell her parents, but always tries to maintain an air of politeness and elegance wherever she goes especially when dealing with business associates. She takes her position as family head and Vampire Lord very seriously, and has a great pride in her family name. As such, she doesn't take insults to her family well and is highly protective over her sisters, not wanting anything to happen to them. She has a cool and distant demeanor that hides a simmering anger, she's almost obsessed with tracking down those who killed her parents and woe unto anybody who gets in her way. She seems like she doesn't care for much but her clan and money, but she has a deep love for her sisters although she may not be the most affectionate in public, she'd go to any lengths to protect them and the rest of her clan. She doesn't tolerate betrayal well nor does she hate other species, but is distrustful of most other living beings until she gets to know them. Can be pretty vain as she knows she's attractive, and she plans to marry one day but due to this shadow hanging over her she hasn't gotten many suitors nor does she really want one at the current moment.
Moral Alignment: True Neutral
Biography: Mélanie is the eldest of four sisters born to Elissa and Hector Trebond, Lord and Lady of Clan Trebond. However, she wasn't born in Velikiya like most vampires but instead she was born and raised in Arghyo. Her father was a politician of the vampiric government there called the Umbra Court, which was ruled by seven Vampire Lords with Hector being one of them after they had overthrown their king. As such, Mellie was raised to follow in her father's footsteps and she took to her lessons well, almost better than well. Her sister Marçela worked on cultivating her beauty, wit and magic and that made her a deadly spy. Mona and Mary, the two youngest took to becoming assassins and are sought out by many prominent Strigoi families to take care of "unwanted problems."
However, not all of the noble houses got along; and on what was supposed to be a diplomatic mission, both of her parents were assassinated by rivals. That made Mellie the head of the Trebond clan at a young age, and she was elected Vampire Lord some years later once she had proved herself. To generate more income, she and her sisters operate quite a few seedy businesses like brothels and gambling houses in addition to their spy and assassination services.
Goals: To destroy the ones that murdered her parents, accumulate as much wealth and power as possible, keep her family together.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_LuRWmCgrM

RP Sample:
Miscellaneous:
#KBE7TY2IEV
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat May 05, 2018 11:47 pm

Zapatha wrote:Did you review the changes I made Trace, because I fixed the thing I got wrong (don't remember what it was exactly lol)

You didn't edit the things that we discussed, as far as I'm aware :P
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun May 06, 2018 1:44 am

Nuridia wrote:
Character Application

Race: Vampire (Strigoi)

Position/Status/Affiliation: Her family's rich so she's a lady of leisure, although she is very active in the vampire political circles. She's also the current head of the Trebond clan, one of the more prominent vampire clans among the Strigoi and the family was known for their magical abilities. One of the Vampire Lords of the Umbra Court of Arghyo.

Equipment: A parasol and a hooded cloak to keep her protected from the sun when she goes out, emergency blood packs, a world encyclopedia and map. Crystal ball.

Personality: Mellie is somewhat reclusive and paranoid after what befell her parents, but always tries to maintain an air of politeness and elegance wherever she goes especially when dealing with business associates. She takes her position as family head and Vampire Lord very seriously, and has a great pride in her family name. As such, she doesn't take insults to her family well and is highly protective over her sisters, not wanting anything to happen to them. She has a cool and distant demeanor that hides a simmering anger, she's almost obsessed with tracking down those who killed her parents and woe unto anybody who gets in her way. She seems like she doesn't care for much but her clan and money, but she has a deep love for her sisters although she may not be the most affectionate in public, she'd go to any lengths to protect them and the rest of her clan. She doesn't tolerate betrayal well nor does she hate other species, but is distrustful of most other living beings until she gets to know them. Can be pretty vain as she knows she's attractive, and she plans to marry one day but due to this shadow hanging over her she hasn't gotten many suitors nor does she really want one at the current moment.
Biography: Mélanie is the eldest of four sisters born to Elissa and Hector Trebond, Lord and Lady of Clan Trebond. However, she wasn't born in Velikiya like most vampires but instead she was born and raised in Arghyo. Her father was a politician of the vampiric government there called the Umbra Court, which was ruled by seven Vampire Lords with Hector being one of them after they had overthrown their king. As such, Mellie was raised to follow in her father's footsteps and she took to her lessons well, almost better than well. Her sister Marçela worked on cultivating her beauty, wit and magic and that made her a deadly spy. Mona and Mary, the two youngest took to becoming assassins and are sought out by many prominent Strigoi families to take care of "unwanted problems."
However, not all of the noble houses got along; and on what was supposed to be a diplomatic mission, both of her parents were assassinated by rivals. That made Mellie the head of the Trebond clan at a young age, and she was elected Vampire Lord some years later once she had proved herself. To generate more income, she and her sisters operate quite a few seedy businesses like brothels and gambling houses in addition to their spy and assassination services.
Goals: To destroy the ones that murdered her parents, accumulate as much wealth and power as possible, keep her family together.

RP Sample:
Miscellaneous:
#KBE7TY2IEV

Did you forget a zero when you stated her age? Because otherwise...that's all kind of unbelievable.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Sun May 06, 2018 1:55 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Nuridia wrote:
Character Application

-snip-
#KBE7TY2IEV

Did you forget a zero when you stated her age? Because otherwise...that's all kind of unbelievable.

I would also have to point out that since she is born of two vampire parents, she would be an Upyr, not a Strigoi. Trace can correct me, but the lore makes clear that Purebloods make up only the very first generation of vampires born during the primordial chaos. Not many of them remain, which makes sense because they are the Progenitors of the vampire race. Any vampire clans would be in turn mainly Upyr and Moroi.
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 2:15 am

Nuridia wrote:Mélanie "Mellie" Trebond

Yes, both Exil and Axis are right in what they say.

As the offspring of vampires, she would be an Upyr. A pureblood one, if she was born to Strigoi parents, so stronger than those Upyr born from Moroi, but she wouldn't be a Strigoi herself. I'm sorry if the lore section on them isn't strong enough, but as Axis has said, the pureblood Strigoi are only the first generation of the vampires. They are known as the Progenitors specifically because they are the ancestors of the entire vampire race. Vampire clans would be mostly formed by Moroi and Upyr, and as for their leadership, it's a little complicated. Most of the Progenitors have withdrawn into underground kingdoms, away from the mortal world above them (that's what the Council of the Progenitors has decided long, long ago), and they rule over vampire realms which are generally filled with old and powerful Moroi and Upyr vampires. Then, many of the other vampires also live in hiding, so vampire clans led by old and powerful Moroi or Upyr also exist. The basic rule is that all these vampire realms generally have a strict hierarchy, but their members do consider themselves to be family.

So, how exactly this Trebond clan is formed is up to you - the parents of Melanie could have been Progenitors or simply other vampires, but I do have to point out that generally, you won't see other vampires attacking Progenitors. Progenitors are generally idolized by other vampires, and they are obviously a lot more powerful than their kin with a weaker blood. Most of the Progenitors that have died so far were either killed during the Great Hunt of the Old Thyria, and a couple of them were killed by other Progenitors, but the unwritten law among vampires is that Progenitors are untouchable (so even during fights between themselves, Progenitors will generally avoid to kill their opponents, unless they have a different agenda). So what I'm trying to say through this lengthy explanation is that since your character's parents were assassinated by other vampires, it would be.. slightly weird for them to have been Progenitors, but it wouldn't necessarily be impossible.

Now, as for her age.. if she's an Upyr, it would be feasible for her to be 20, but I would also like for you to specify the age at which she first tasted blood because of its implications. And you should also take into account the fact that if is 20 years old, she is just a little child by vampire standards, which would heavily influence how other vampires think of her - and it also means that she would still be a novice in handling her powers.

Another thing that I have to mention - yeah, we do seem to have a lot of vampires from Velikiya, but most vampires weren't born there. Leaving the preference of the players aside, ICly, there probably still are a lot of vampires there because until a few centuries ago, that region was filled with small pagan human realms constantly fighting - a perfect region in which the vampires could hide. Now, vampires exist nearly everywhere, so Arghyo is alright, but if you wish to vampire clan to be engaged in shady activities, that realm will have a higher difficulty setting, so to say - since the two Princesses of the White Rose do keep a strong control over their realm.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sun May 06, 2018 2:33 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Nuridia wrote:Mélanie "Mellie" Trebond

Yes, both Exil and Axis are right in what they say.

As the offspring of vampires, she would be an Upyr. A pureblood one, if she was born to Strigoi parents, so stronger than those Upyr born from Moroi, but she wouldn't be a Strigoi herself. I'm sorry if the lore section on them isn't strong enough, but as Axis has said, the pureblood Strigoi are only the first generation of the vampires. They are known as the Progenitors specifically because they are the ancestors of the entire vampire race. Vampire clans would be mostly formed by Moroi and Upyr, and as for their leadership, it's a little complicated. Most of the Progenitors have withdrawn into underground kingdoms, away from the mortal world above them (that's what the Council of the Progenitors has decided long, long ago), and they rule over vampire realms which are generally filled with old and powerful Moroi and Upyr vampires. Then, many of the other vampires also live in hiding, so vampire clans led by old and powerful Moroi or Upyr also exist. The basic rule is that all these vampire realms generally have a strict hierarchy, but their members do consider themselves to be family.

So, how exactly this Trebond clan is formed is up to you - the parents of Melanie could have been Progenitors or simply other vampires, but I do have to point out that generally, you won't see other vampires attacking Progenitors. Progenitors are generally idolized by other vampires, and they are obviously a lot more powerful than their kin with a weaker blood. Most of the Progenitors that have died so far were either killed during the Great Hunt of the Old Thyria, and a couple of them were killed by other Progenitors, but the unwritten law among vampires is that Progenitors are untouchable (so even during fights between themselves, Progenitors will generally avoid to kill their opponents, unless they have a different agenda). So what I'm trying to say through this lengthy explanation is that since your character's parents were assassinated by other vampires, it would be.. slightly weird for them to have been Progenitors, but it wouldn't necessarily be impossible.

Now, as for her age.. if she's an Upyr, it would be feasible for her to be 20, but I would also like for you to specify the age at which she first tasted blood because of its implications. And you should also take into account the fact that if is 20 years old, she is just a little child by vampire standards, which would heavily influence how other vampires think of her - and it also means that she would still be a novice in handling her powers.

Another thing that I have to mention - yeah, we do seem to have a lot of vampires from Velikiya, but most vampires weren't born there. Leaving the preference of the players aside, ICly, there probably still are a lot of vampires there because until a few centuries ago, that region was filled with small pagan human realms constantly fighting - a perfect region in which the vampires could hide. Now, vampires exist nearly everywhere, so Arghyo is alright, but if you wish to vampire clan to be engaged in shady activities, that realm will have a higher difficulty setting, so to say - since the two Princesses of the White Rose do keep a strong control over their realm.

Damn, I thought I read the lore section thoroughly. It’s cool? I’ll just fix it.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 3:16 am

Nuridia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Yes, both Exil and Axis are right in what they say.

Damn, I thought I read the lore section thoroughly. It’s cool? I’ll just fix it.

Well, I probably should have put some more detail into the Strigoi, but I did specify that vampires born out of other vampires are Upyr.

Don't worry though, you can just fix it :P

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sun May 06, 2018 3:24 am

Fixed it!

Nuridia wrote:
Character Application

Race: Vampire (Upyr)

Biography: Mélanie is the eldest of four sisters born to Elissa and Hector Trebond, Lord and Lady of Clan Trebond. However, she wasn't born in Velikiya like many vampires that she knew (even her own parents) but instead she was born and raised in Arghyo. Her father was a politician of the vampiric government there called the Umbra Court, which was ruled by seven Vampire Lords with Hector being one of them after they had overthrown their king. As such, Mellie was raised to follow in her father's footsteps and she took to her lessons well, almost better than well. Her sister Marçela worked on cultivating her beauty, wit and magic and that made her a deadly spy. Mona and Mary, the two youngest took to becoming assassins and are sought out by many prominent Strigoi families to take care of "unwanted problems."
However, living so long sometimes inevitably comes with the cares of immortality and as such the weariness of it. Her father and mother stepped down as clan leaders, opting instead to join the other Strigoi underground after asking and making sure that Mellie was ready to handle such responsibility .That made Mellie the head of the Trebond clan at a young age, and she was elected Vampire Lord some years later once she had proved herself although sometimes her parents will occasionally pop in to give advice. To generate more income, she and her sisters operate quite a few seedy businesses like brothels and gambling houses in addition to their spy and assassination services.
Goals: To accumulate as much wealth and power as possible, keep her family together, maybe even build a vampire coven. To extend her clan’s power by marrying...eventually.

RP Sample:
Miscellaneous:
#KBE7TY2IEV
Last edited by Nuridia on Sun May 06, 2018 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Sun May 06, 2018 3:30 am

Nuridia wrote:Fixed it!

Nuridia wrote:
Character Application

-snip-
RP Sample:
Miscellaneous:
#KBE7TY2IEV

Not to nitpick, but I'm going to point this out in Trace's place. There are still several mentions of Strigoi "clans" and "families" in the app, which as mentioned, is inaccurate. Adjust those and you should be good according to the lore.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 3:36 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Nuridia wrote:Fixed it!

Not to nitpick, but I'm going to point this out in Trace's place. There are still several mentions of Strigoi "clans" and "families" in the app, which as mentioned, is inaccurate. Adjust those and you should be good according to the lore.

Yep.

I'll also have to ask, for a little bit more lore on your vampire realm there. Are all the seven vampire lords that used to rule it Strigoi progenitors? It would be a pretty large number of them in a single place. Who was that king that they had overthrown, another Progenitor?

And well, the behavior of their parents is a little weird - most Progenitors actually seem to be proud of their powers and immortality, but I guess that even vampires can become weird throughout the eons.

Also it seems that I will have to update the vampire lore.
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Sun May 06, 2018 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Sun May 06, 2018 3:46 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

Yep.

I'll also have to ask, for a little bit more lore on your vampire realm there. Are all the seven vampire lords that used to rule it Strigoi progenitors? It would be a pretty large number of them in a single place. Who was that king that they had overthrown, another Progenitor?

And well, the behavior of their parents is a little weird - most Progenitors actually seem to be proud of their powers and immortality, but I guess that even vampires can become weird throughout the eons.

Tbh, I feel that Progenitors should be rare gems that are almost impossible to come by. Having so many in one place cheapens that imo, and I assume this governing body would be separate from the Council of Progenitors? I think a great emphasis should be placed on the number of birth just like in Seraph. First, Second, Third etc. to reflect a hierarchical structure and just how rare they are.
Last edited by Axis Asteroid on Sun May 06, 2018 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 3:57 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Yep.

Tbh, I feel that Progenitors should be rare gems that are almost impossible to come by. Having so many in one place cheapens that imo, and I assume this governing body would be separate from the Council of Progenitors? I think a great emphasis should be placed on the number of birth just like in Seraph. First, Second, Third etc. to reflect a hierarchical structure and just how rare they are.

That's.. true. That's one of the reasons for why I asked. Like bits and pieces of the lore have shown already, the Progenitors are incredibly rare, and not many of them still exist, with their bulk having been killed long ago by the hunters of the Silver Throne. Most of the remaining Progenitors are for that reason a little.. paranoid, so to say, and that has influenced their decision of mostly staying hidden in their own kingdoms. There is a strict hierarchy between them, based on power and blood, and they are indeed ranked by their number of birth like in Owari no Seraph.

So while I'm perhaps alright with one, or at the most, both of her parents being Progenitors, seven Progenitors in the same place would be.. too much, even if we are talking about weaker and younger Progenitors.

And a little explanation about that - the Council of the Progenitors (temporary name), is theoretically the ruling body of all vampires, formed by the strongest of the Progenitors. But since so many hidden vampire realms exist, each of those realms is normally ruled by a Progenitor or by a stronger vampire away from the authority of others. One of the reasons for why this Umbra Court seems to be unique is the existence of that council. The existence of multiple Progenitors in the same place is a little weird because generally, bitter rivalries that stretch back for eons exist between most of the Progenitors, and due to their arrogance, they really dislike sharing power. That's why them sharing power with five other weaker vampires would also be interesting.

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sun May 06, 2018 4:42 am

Character Application

Appearance:

Skills/Powers//Magic:

Biography: Ilrorth, a silver Pseudodragon, was born in a crystal cave. At the age of five human years he set out into the world and became interested in their societies and cultures. Eventually on his journeys he discovered that he had the ability to cast spells using mana, and became friends with a freelance, elderly human mage. Together, under his tutelage, Ilrorth began to learn how to use his magical abilities to great affects and grew an affinity towards Enchantment magic. Eventually, the mage passed away, and Ilrorth, saddened, took one of his friend's magic tomes regarding Enchantment magic as both a keepsake and for further study and went out roaming the world again. Eventually, he discovered a slave woman who was being mistreated by her owner. While normally neutral in affairs like this, the Pseudodragon felt some kind of connection with the slave and, when she was alone, came to her and made a deal to free her if she would become his servant. She accepted, and Ilrorth used his Enchantment powers to get her master to free her and then have an 'accident', a bonus gift for his new companion. The two went off into a mercenary career and formed a symbiotic relationship, with the woman, Thyrza, protecting and assisting the Pseudodragon, with Ilrorth using his magic powers and knowledge to help her out of sticky situations.

#KBE7TY2IEV

Character Application

Appearance:

Skills/Powers//Magic:
Equipment: Armor, Longsword, Shortsword, Common Clothes, Food, Water, and Currency

#KBE7TY2IEV

Okay, edited them in.
Last edited by Tamrida on Sun May 06, 2018 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 5:49 am

Tamrida wrote:
Character Application

Appearance:

Skills/Powers//Magic:

#KBE7TY2IEV

Character Application

Appearance:

Skills/Powers//Magic:

#KBE7TY2IEV

Okay, edited them in.

Alright, both apps look alright to me, accepted!

One question I have though is related to magic. It's clear that you're using D&D magic, and I have to see how it would fit into this world's magic, because at least so far, we've used enchantment to refer to magic that can give certain proprieties to objects. From what I'll seen though, it seems that the magic used by Ilrorth seems to be able to control and affect the minds of others, is that right?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse