NATION

PASSWORD

Factbook Question/Answer Thread

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Emeline
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Emeline » Tue May 01, 2018 7:55 pm

Sunset wrote:
New Emeline wrote:Side question: how do you access bookmarked posts

User Control Panel > Manage Bookmarked Posts.

Thanks again!

Mangahhan Super Region
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mangahhan Super Region » Wed May 02, 2018 2:59 am

Aside from factbooks, nation info and others, can elections of my nation can be posted here?
✦The Democratic Republic of Mangahhan Super Region✦
The Land Where Love Prospers
A Southeast Asian nation in the Pacific with the population of 226.4 million, once a prosperous and a peaceful nation. But now the nation is a dystopia after a series of calamities and wars because of political and ideological reasons.
Economic Crisis
Political Crisis
Time and Year: Current Time (UTC + 8:00) and current date
OOC: Still currently improving my grammar

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed May 02, 2018 7:03 am

Mangahhan Super Region wrote:Aside from factbooks, nation info and others, can elections of my nation can be posted here?

Yes, this is exactly the right place for national election threads.

A m e n r i a wrote:So yea, I'm thinking of writing a factbook on Amenria's ideology, since it's something I came up with myself. May I please have some references?

There are plenty of factbooks written by other people on their own ideologies, although I haven't the time to go digging right now. I'm quoting your post so that, hopefully, someone else sees it and can help out.

An important introduction for the reader will be historical context and an explanation of why your ideology (I assume it's a political ideology) makes sense within the context of Amenrian society and how it impacts on that society; explanations of how this ideology influences decision-making and enacting would also be relevant. Don't forget to define your key terms, since even bog-standard English words and phrases can have very specific meanings in the ideological context. See this BBC article for reference.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Gwang-Yeog Joseon
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Gwang-Yeog Joseon » Sat May 05, 2018 4:17 pm

How doth one create an election facbook? Im pretty sure i can make the sections and design them in a Wiki-style, but what about those sidebars? They seem pretty tricky to make. Im also asking on behalf of the four other nations of mine that hold elections.

The Ashkeran Empire
Secretary

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ashkeran Empire » Sun May 06, 2018 11:09 am

Hello, not sure if this is the right thread for my question. I’m seem only one truly detailed steampunk/desielpunk nation, called Kettering Town, and I wish to create my own desielpunk influenced nation. But I just don’t know where to start. As there isn’t much solid information on the functions of the weapons and floating battleships. From what I can find on the internet. Can anyone assist me on this issue?
[| Voice of the Imperium|] Anomalies reported in the Helivium Sector,  Skull’s Deathwatch Battlefleet have been deployed to investigate the reported anomalies. | Imperial Church, High Priestess, foretells of “a man dressed in iron, shall unleash his undying vengeance against the heroes of the divine.“ |

I don’t use NS stats. At all.

Redenzione
Civil Servant

Founded: May 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Redenzione » Sun May 06, 2018 11:27 am

I would start with what you can find online about steampunk, and make it your own from there.

I'm pretty sure there are a few steampunk regions around, so I'd try to find one to join, and work/worl build with.

Erithaca
Envoy

Founded: Apr 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Erithaca » Thu May 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Can I post guides here?

Qinhai
Lobbyist

Founded: May 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Qinhai » Mon May 14, 2018 2:11 am

Hey there, I recently created a wiki article for my nation, and I'm a bit stumped on the few paragraphs that go before the table of contents and sections that are more particular. Could anyone help me out here?
Republic of Qinhai
Factbook

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue May 15, 2018 4:06 am

Qinhai wrote:Hey there, I recently created a wiki article for my nation, and I'm a bit stumped on the few paragraphs that go before the table of contents and sections that are more particular. Could anyone help me out here?

Hi Qinhai, I make typos and am not a very good writer myself. But these things come to mind from quickly reading the article:

1. "compromising" should be "comprising"

2. "officially" kinda gave me the impression that there is a de facto power play/faction style politics involved. I am sure there will be juicy writing about faction power struggle things later (once you have expanded the article)

Other than that as a generally becky level (average level) worldbuilder myself, the article looks good to me. Again, looking forward to read about the faction powerplay/power struggle thing

Personally (for me) I would try to keep the overview (that section before table of contents) as short as I can. But feel free to make it long if that is your style (take my opinion with a grain of salt)

Erithaca wrote:Can I post guides here?

Hi Erithaca. I don't see why anyone would say no

The Ashkeran Empire wrote:Hello, not sure if this is the right thread for my question. I’m seem only one truly detailed steampunk/desielpunk nation, called Kettering Town, and I wish to create my own desielpunk influenced nation. But I just don’t know where to start. As there isn’t much solid information on the functions of the weapons and floating battleships. From what I can find on the internet. Can anyone assist me on this issue?

Hi The Ashkeran Empire. I would recommend to check this thread out: [ click me ]
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue May 15, 2018 4:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue May 15, 2018 4:15 am

Gwang-Yeog Joseon wrote:How doth one create an election facbook? Im pretty sure i can make the sections and design them in a Wiki-style, but what about those sidebars? They seem pretty tricky to make. Im also asking on behalf of the four other nations of mine that hold elections.

This is my personal opinion, feel free to take it with a grain of salt (feel free to dislike it as we all have different play style)

If that is my election article/post/thread, I would personally focus more on the content (writing) rather than worrying about the formatting. Try to write whatever it is you think about. People rarely see your thread (unless they are your NationStates friends or are interested in you as a roleplayer/writer/worldbuilder) and so don't worry about what other people think and just write what you are thinking about at the time you want to write about the thread/article

Again, worry about the formatting later (once you have actually written the content/write about the interesting things/information about your nation's election)
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Wed May 16, 2018 6:41 pm

Attention!

For those of you which use Zetaboards for your offsite forums, they will soon be involuntarily converted to the Tapatalk system. There is a thread in Gameplay with further information, but considering the potential usage of Zetaboards among RP regions, such was considered pertinent.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

The Rapture Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rapture Republic » Sun May 20, 2018 8:09 am

What should I consider when writing robotic military for my nation, commanded by an military AI unit?
Rapture City

• In the underwater city, two roles have emerged from the City's ongoing civil war: the City Monitors who defend the peace and the Red Caps who fight against unjust systems. The city's infrastructure is crumbling under its own weight and kinship is snuffed by the paranoia of totalitarianism. Yet the people would be in for a surprise as their virtual overlord have died many years ago as the oppression continues under his name...
  • Not an 1-1 exact replica of Bioshock lore and Rapture City. Only the city's atmosphere and setting is maintained.

Sunset
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Sun May 20, 2018 9:43 am

The Rapture Republic wrote:What should I consider when writing robotic military for my nation, commanded by an military AI unit?

There's a lot of ways to write such a thing; The first question you'll have to ask is 'who am I writing them for?' That will really determine a lot of 'how' you are writing them. Then look at the others who are also writing - how are they writing? Unless you aren't writing with or for anyone else, then write how you like.

But coming from my particular angle - as if you were writing these robots for me, in a roleplay that I'm involved in or that I am running, I would want something that describes the robots, describes their actions, puts an emphasis on how precise (robots are hardly ever imprecise) they are, and how emotionless they are. Odd as it might seem, when you're writing about something without emotions you want to do your best to evoke emotions in others. If the robots are simply climbing another dull, slate-gray pile of rubble after another... Well, that gets boring to read and to write quickly.

So what you'd want to do is get very meta-emotional. Soulless machines climbing a rain-slick pile of slate gray cladding, their rubber treads passing uncaring over the bones of the fallen both machine and man, their sensors turning this way and that in mock anxiety, constantly searching out the next threat or the next target...

Now, if you want specific advice? You'll need to give more specific information.
My Colors are Blue and Yellow

New Transeurasia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Template for currencies

Postby New Transeurasia » Thu May 24, 2018 12:57 pm

I made this template for a national currency. It isn't very big right now, but it should do. It includes places for pictures, coins, banknotes, and some other items.

Code: Select all
[floatright][box][align=center][b]<Currency name>[/b]
[hr][img]<Put the url to a small picture of your nation's currency here>[/img][/align]
[hr][b]Code:[/b]
[hr][b]Sub-unit(s):[/b]
<fraction of how many in your currency> = <Sub-unit of your currency>
[b]Super-unit(s):[/b]
<How many of your currency> = <Super-unit of your currency>
[/list]
[hr][b]Symbol:[/b]
Sub-unit symbol:
[hr][b]Banknotes:[/b]
[tab=20][/tab]Common:
[tab=20][/tab]Rare:

[b]Coins:[/b]
[tab=20][/tab]Common:
[tab=20][/tab]Rare:
[hr][b]User(s)[/b]
Official:
Unofficial:
[hr]
[b]Bank:[/b]
[b]Printer:[/b]
[b]Mint:[/b]
[hr][b]Value[/b]
Inflation:
Pegged by:
Worth of 1 in NSD:
Worth of 1 NSD to your currency:
[/box][/floatright]
[size=300]<Currency Name>[/size]
[hr]The <Currency Name> is the national currency of <Nation>. It's code is <Currency Code>. It is divided into <number of subunits in currency> <subunit>.

[floatleft][box][b]Contents[/b]
[url=<URL of this factbook>#A]Etymology[/url]
[url=<URL of this factbook>#B]History[/url]
[url=<URL of this factbook>#C]Banknotes[/url]
[url=<URL of this factbook>#D]Coins[/url][/box][/floatleft]
[size=200][anchor=A]Etymology[/anchor][/size]
[hr]<Write about how your nation got the name for your currency>
[size=200][anchor=B]History[/anchor][/size]
[hr]<Write about the history of your nation's currency>
[size=200][anchor=C]Banknotes[/anchor][/size]
[hr]<Write about the banknotes of your nation's currency>
[table][tr][td]Obverse[/td][td]Reverse[/td][td]Banknote[/td][td]Value[/td][td]Notes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]<Put a small picture of the front of the banknote here>[/td][td]<Put a small picture of the back of the banknote here>[/td][td]<Name of banknote>[/td][td]<How many units of your currency this banknote is worth>[/td][td]<Notes about the banknote,
this line can be copied and pasted for as many banknotes
as your currency has>[/td][/tr][/table]
[size=200][anchor=D]Coins[/anchor][/size]
[hr]<Write about the coins of your nation's currency>
[table][tr][td]Obverse[/td][td]Reverse[/td][td]Coin[/td][td]Value[/td][td]Notes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]<Put a small picture of the front of the coin here>[/td][td]<Put a small picture of the back of the coin here>[/td][td]<Name of coin>[/td][td]<How many units of your currency this coin is worth>[/td][td]<Notes about the coin,
this line can be copied and pasted for as many coins
as your currency has>[/td][/tr][/table]

Template by [nation]New Transeurasia[/nation].
Last edited by New Transeurasia on Thu May 24, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EurasiaЕвразия欧亜ユーラシア
LIBERATE THE WORLD / DEMOCRACY AND PROSPERITY / FORGED BY MAN THEMSELF
Welcome to 2035. Tenth-light-speed spacecraft, overpopulation, abundance of resources, the tripolar cold war, and catgirls await.

ENN 欧亜囯家通訊社 Eurasian National News: S7 Airlines flight 661 makes emergency landing in Miiriney, RU after failed hijacking | CTVN 长春広播电視集団 Chángchūn Television Network: President Kuzma makes speech on plans for her 2nd term after re-election
MT-PMT gang
2k10s scenemo nation lol - honestly have no idea what to do with this anymore
NStats imprisoned on Proteus
trans rights! ♀ she/they
Background Music

Eglaecia
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Wiki Style Legislature Factbook

Postby Eglaecia » Thu May 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Hey everyone. I decided to make a new nation to experiment with much more detailed and better-looking factbooks. Here is a wiki-style template for a factbook on your nation's legislature. I've also linked some tools to make creating it easier. I'll be making more of these in the future, so this thread might turn into a thread containing more, so feel free to tag in case you're interested in me making anymore of these. Leave any suggestions on how I can improve this, or any suggestions on future templates for me to make.

Tools
Legislature diagram creator
Name Generator site

Code: Select all
[floatright][box][center][b]LEGISLATURE NAME[/b][/center]
[hr]
[align=center][img]placeholder[/img]
[b]Coat of Arms[/b][/align][hr]
[align=center][b]Type[/b][/align][hr]
[b]Type:[/b]
[b]Term Limits:[/b] [hr]
[align=center][b]History[/b][/align][hr]
[b]Founded:[/b]
[b]Preceded by:[/b]
[b]New session started:[/b][hr]
[align=center][b]Leadership[/b][/align][hr]
[b]LEADER 01:[/b]
[b]LEADER 02:[/b][hr]
[align=center][b]Structure[/b][/align][hr]
[b]Seats:[/b]
[align=center][img]Composition[/img][/align]
[align=center][b]Political Groups[/b]
[b][u]Government[/u][/b]

•Party 1
•Party 2

[b][u]Opposition[/u][/b]

•Party 3
•Party 4[/align][hr]
[align=center][b]Elections[/b][/align][hr]
[b]Voting System:[/b]
[b]Last Election:[/b] [url=https://www.nationstates.net]Last Date[/url]
[b]Next Election:[/b] [url=https://www.nationstates.net]Next Date[/url][hr]
[align=center][b]Meeting Place[/b][/align][hr]
[align=center][img]PLACEHOLDER[/img]
LINE 1
LINE 2
LINE 3[/align][/box][/floatright]
[size=200][b]NAME OF LEGISLATURE[/b][/size][hr]
Catholique, Intégraliste, Distributiste | Catechism of Pope St. Pius X | Rerum Novarum | On Integralism
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church."
Great British Unionist and Celtic Cultural Revivalist
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be."

Koronma
Political Columnist

Founded: May 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Election realistic results

Postby Koronma » Mon May 28, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi!
I am the great emperor of Koronma, I will be soon making general elections in my country, and I would like to ask you if you know how to make the results even more realistic?

Like something on excel that I can use as a reference for the federal elections results.

PD: There are 45 states but the elections are like in Mexico or Chile, There are also 12 parties and some of them on coalitions...

The State of Monavia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The State of Monavia » Mon May 28, 2018 10:54 pm

Koronma wrote:Hi!
I am the great emperor of Koronma, I will be soon making general elections in my country, and I would like to ask you if you know how to make the results even more realistic?

Like something on excel that I can use as a reference for the federal elections results.

PD: There are 45 states but the elections are like in Mexico or Chile, There are also 12 parties and some of them on coalitions...

If you want to avoid just making numbers up out of thin air (many people do this all the time and it works), you can always use the MS Excel random number function. The numbers you want will depend on the exact details of how your parties work. If some parties are geographically concentrated in certain areas, they will dominate the results in those areas. If your populace is electing legislators to your parliament you need to decide whether each candidate is running to represent a geographic district or whether the total number of seats is apportioned based on what share of the national vote each party gets. If you tell me the specific things you are trying to roleplay here, I can give you more specific answers. Hopefully my advice helps.
——✠ ✠——THE IMPERIAL FEDERATION OF THE MONAVIAN EMPIRE——✠ ✠——
FACTBOOKS AND LOREROLEPLAY CANONDIPLOMATIC EXCHANGE

MY GUIDES ON ROLEPLAYING DIPLOMACY, ROLEPLAY ETIQUETTE, CREATING A NEW NATION,
LEARNING HOW TO ROLEPLAY (FORTHCOMING), AND ROLEPLAYING EVIL (PART ONE)

Seventeen-Year Veteran of NationStates ∙ Retired N&I Roleplay Mentor
Member of the NS Writing Project and the Roleplayers Union
I am a classical monarchist Orthodox Christian from Phoenix, Arizona.

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠

/‾‾ʽʼ‾‾\

Koronma
Political Columnist

Founded: May 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Koronma » Tue May 29, 2018 1:42 pm

Thank you The State of Monavia.
What I would like to do is find a way in which the demographics have some relation with the election results. There will also be state elections.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information