NATION

PASSWORD

Holy High: For Once, Then, Something [OOC - Open!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

When Do We Want To Move to Arc 1?

Tuesday
15%
Wednesday
No votes
Thursday
23%
Friday
31%
Saturday
31%

Total votes : 13

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:11 pm

Bubbles! You got a roomie?
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:16 pm

The App

Name: Hylea

Mythos: Hylea, also known as bird queen, is the goddess of birds and the sky. Hylea visits the people on the screams of women in childbirth - and when a woman dies giving life to her child, her soul is carried away and reborn as an avian attendant of Hylea's Court.
Midwifes of Hylea wear the fetish charms of the Cloudsinger. Those feathery trinkets look gaudy and unbecoming, but it is a signal fire to women in need that they are a trained midwife, blessed by Hylea and living every note of life's song. The Queen of Birds wills their followers to shepherd new life into the world, and not, as the other gods so often desire, to end it.

The Bird Queen stands not on ceremony, she makes herself manifest in the music of birds and in beauty of the ubiquitous open sky. Hylea prefers the worship of two children singing over a thousand petitioners silently praying for victory. The Sky-mother asks so little, and yet so much - her adherents are charged to live every note of life's song.

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Hylea is a goddess of the sky, as such she feels just as, if not more at home soaring though it. She can share her affinity for the sky with those she blesses, and cause turbulent, unfriendly heavens for those that earn her ire. Mothers under her watch find their births easy, and their children healthy. The birds and creatures of the sky act as eyes and messengers for Hylea, their songs fill the air about her presence. Artists that seek inspiration from nature should look to Hylea, as her blessing will foster and invigorate their souls to create new works of beauty.

Mythical Origin: Engwithan pantheon (Pillars of Eternity)

Personality: Hylea is bright, but quiet and almost shy. To some, she comes off air headed, often letting silence fall over a conversation. Often, she has simply decided that listening to the birds or sounds of nature is more interesting. She has a strong aversion unnatural things, especially magic that tampers with death. Hylea is very mildly claustrophobic, feeling uncomfortable in enclosed spaces and buildings. She is protective of the young of any species, and of mothers, but is not a inherently combative deity. Though it might pain her, she rarely intercedes directly in their fate. However, creatures of the sky have a special place in Hylea's heart, and harming them is the surest way to earn her wrath. Though not a violent deity, Hylea is willing and capable of enacting it if she is pushed far enough, or if some one violates the laws of nature.
Hylea is at her core, a nature deity, and sees life reflected by death. Her hand is seen just as much in the desolation of a forest fire as in the bird calls of a old growth forest. Her desire is to foster new life, not to prolong or stifle the young with the old. Other than the natural order of life and death, Hylea cares little for law, order, or authority.

Appearance: Pics or descriptions are fine. Any forms necessary are fine too. Just nothing too edge, please. Hylea (best paint skills)

Favorite Subject: Zoology/Ornithology, Medicine (especially women's health)

Likes: Hylea's cherishes open areas in wooded lands, even better if they are high, on a mountain or hillside; places that ring with the songs of birds at all times. Her temples are created at such places, often little more than overgrown stone platforms, rarely with any shelter, even from the harshest elements. The only buildings in her temples might be a home and birthing room for Hylea's midwife-priests. Hylea adores infants, and their mothers. Birds and other flying creatures are her favored creatures, though the young of all natural creatures have her blessing.

Dislikes: Heavy, enclosed buildings. Especially large buildings of stone or concrete with little natural light. Caves, though natural, also leave her uncomfortable. A raging forest fire is one thing, but Hylea has a deep aversion to the fires of industry and war. Those that try to avoid the natural order, cheat death, harm children or the pregnant; they rouse the rare anger from Hylea. Hylean mourns the loss of natural places to man, but other than her holy sites, sees that it is the course of man to expand their own domain, as much as she may dislike it.

Theme Song: The Lark Ascending
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:02 am

Luminesa wrote:Bubbles! You got a roomie?

Valtra doesn't, if you've got another spot. XD
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:04 am

I believe I am with Reyna, but if not I don't think Bubbles does sleep, given her constant sugar consumption.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:31 am

Ranoria wrote:

Valtra doesn't, if you've got another spot. XD

I may just do that.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:41 am

Auphelia wrote:

I believe I am with Reyna, but if not I don't think Bubbles does sleep, given her constant sugar consumption.

The rooms are big enough for three people to room.

(Though given this information Hamiri may think twice.)
Last edited by Luminesa on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:15 am

I think I'm still with Lilly, the Goddess of Christmas, but poor little Dru is all alone and lost.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Founded: Jan 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:18 am

Hiya, it’s been a good while since I last spent any time on NS, so with that in mind, would it be possible for me to make an app?

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:19 am

Danceria wrote:I think I'm still with Lilly, the Goddess of Christmas, but poor little Dru is all alone and lost.

I SHALL HAVE HAMIRI ROOM WITH HIM THEN.
-Alan Jackson

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:22 am

Luminesa wrote:
Danceria wrote:I think I'm still with Lilly, the Goddess of Christmas, but poor little Dru is all alone and lost.

I SHALL HAVE HAMIRI ROOM WITH HIM THEN.

Probably wise, as he is a little...out of touch with human customs. So "pop" music for him would be from the 00's at latest, classical or traditional music is what he's rocking.

Also, factions. Hope you like 'em cuz as soon as Dru figures out you like swords you're gonna get 'em.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:23 am

Danceria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I SHALL HAVE HAMIRI ROOM WITH HIM THEN.

Probably wise, as he is a little...out of touch with human customs. So "pop" music for him would be from the 00's at latest, classical or traditional music is what he's rocking.

Also, factions. Hope you like 'em cuz as soon as Dru figures out you like swords you're gonna get 'em.

Hamiri is in the same boat music-wise. Not a pop music fan.

YAY!!! MORE SWORDS.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:24 am

Chrome Legion wrote:The App

Mythos: Hylea, also known as bird queen, is the goddess of birds and the sky. Hylea visits the people on the screams of women in childbirth - and when a woman dies giving life to her child, her soul is carried away and reborn as an avian attendant of Hylea's Court.
Midwifes of Hylea wear the fetish charms of the Cloudsinger. Those feathery trinkets look gaudy and unbecoming, but it is a signal fire to women in need that they are a trained midwife, blessed by Hylea and living every note of life's song. The Queen of Birds wills their followers to shepherd new life into the world, and not, as the other gods so often desire, to end it.

The Bird Queen stands not on ceremony, she makes herself manifest in the music of birds and in beauty of the ubiquitous open sky. Hylea prefers the worship of two children singing over a thousand petitioners silently praying for victory. The Sky-mother asks so little, and yet so much - her adherents are charged to live every note of life's song.

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Hylea is a goddess of the sky, as such she feels just as, if not more at home soaring though it. She can share her affinity for the sky with those she blesses, and cause turbulent, unfriendly heavens for those that earn her ire. Mothers under her watch find their births easy, and their children healthy. The birds and creatures of the sky act as eyes and messengers for Hylea, their songs fill the air about her presence. Artists that seek inspiration from nature should look to Hylea, as her blessing will foster and invigorate their souls to create new works of beauty.

Personality: Hylea is bright, but quiet and almost shy. To some, she comes off air headed, often letting silence fall over a conversation. Often, she has simply decided that listening to the birds or sounds of nature is more interesting. She has a strong aversion unnatural things, especially magic that tampers with death. Hylea is very mildly claustrophobic, feeling uncomfortable in enclosed spaces and buildings. She is protective of the young of any species, and of mothers, but is not a inherently combative deity. Though it might pain her, she rarely intercedes directly in their fate. However, creatures of the sky have a special place in Hylea's heart, and harming them is the surest way to earn her wrath. Though not a violent deity, Hylea is willing and capable of enacting it if she is pushed far enough, or if some one violates the laws of nature.
Hylea is at her core, a nature deity, and sees life reflected by death. Her hand is seen just as much in the desolation of a forest fire as in the bird calls of a old growth forest. Her desire is to foster new life, not to prolong or stifle the young with the old. Other than the natural order of life and death, Hylea cares little for law, order, or authority.

Appearance: Pics or descriptions are fine. Any forms necessary are fine too. Just nothing too edge, please. Hylea (best paint skills)

Likes: Hylea's cherishes open areas in wooded lands, even better if they are high, on a mountain or hillside; places that ring with the songs of birds at all times. Her temples are created at such places, often little more than overgrown stone platforms, rarely with any shelter, even from the harshest elements. The only buildings in her temples might be a home and birthing room for Hylea's midwife-priests. Hylea adores infants, and their mothers. Birds and other flying creatures are her favored creatures, though the young of all natural creatures have her blessing.

Dislikes: Heavy, enclosed buildings. Especially large buildings of stone or concrete with little natural light. Caves, though natural, also leave her uncomfortable. A raging forest fire is one thing, but Hylea has a deep aversion to the fires of industry and war. Those that try to avoid the natural order, cheat death, harm children or the pregnant; they rouse the rare anger from Hylea. Hylean mourns the loss of natural places to man, but other than her holy sites, sees that it is the course of man to expand their own domain, as much as she may dislike it.

Accepted!

Aaaaaaaaand now we have 40 Apps. So we won’t be accepting more Apps at this time unless a significant number of people drop out.
-Alan Jackson

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:29 am

Luminesa wrote:
Danceria wrote:Probably wise, as he is a little...out of touch with human customs. So "pop" music for him would be from the 00's at latest, classical or traditional music is what he's rocking.

Hamiri is in the same boat music-wise. Not a pop music fan.

YAY!!! MORE SWORDS.

And awkward nudity taboo scenes! (See first post of mine. Because why would a god need to wear clothes again? It keeps disintegrating in the ether...)
Chrome Legion wrote:The App

YOU! BIRD FACE! COME JOIN PEACOCK AND SWORDMAGE FACE IN ROOMFACE! MUCH ANTICS AND FUN WILL BE HAD!
Obligatory Quotes below

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:31 am

Well THIS is going to be awkward.
-Alan Jackson

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:33 am

Luminesa wrote:Well THIS is going to be awkward.

Well, at least he won't be a peeping tom. He's gonna be a politely knock on door then open up and ask "may I has cup of sugar" Nigel.
Obligatory Quotes below

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:42 am

Danceria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Well THIS is going to be awkward.

Well, at least he won't be a peeping tom. He's gonna be a politely knock on door then open up and ask "may I has cup of sugar" Nigel.

That’s good.
-Alan Jackson

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:59 am

Luminesa wrote:
Danceria wrote:Well, at least he won't be a peeping tom. He's gonna be a politely knock on door then open up and ask "may I has cup of sugar" Nigel.

That’s good.

It has to be when rooming with a person of the opposite gender.
Obligatory Quotes below

Aillyria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aillyria » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:03 pm

I've gotta join this. App coming up!
Conserative Morality wrote:If RWDT were Romans, who would they be?
Aillyria would be Claudius. Temper + unwillingness to suffer fools + supporter of the P E O P L E + traditional legalist

West Oros wrote:GOD DAMMIT! I thought you wouldn't be here.
Well you aren't a real socialist. Just a sociopath disguised as one.
Not to mention that this thread split off from LWDT, so I assumed you would think this thread was a "revisionist hellhole".

L/R: -5.38 L/A: +2.36 8values: Theocratic Distributist
I am female, Sorelianist, Sufi Muslim, Biracial, Murican
USN Vet, Semper Fortis dirtbags!!!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:18 pm

Aillyria wrote:I've gotta join this. App coming up!

We’re currently at our limit for Apps. Sorry!
-Alan Jackson

Aillyria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aillyria » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:41 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Aillyria wrote:I've gotta join this. App coming up!

We’re currently at our limit for Apps. Sorry!

Ah man..... :p
Aillyria would be Claudius. Temper + unwillingness to suffer fools + supporter of the P E O P L E + traditional legalist

Not to mention that this thread split off from LWDT, so I assumed you would think this thread was a "revisionist hellhole".

Aillyria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aillyria » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:26 am

If any spots open up, let me know! I really like this RP concept!

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:56 pm

Danceria wrote:Snip

Well if you want to say Hi to other bird lady, I'm going to be dropping her somewhere in the school soon. Got a bit caught up in other things so my introduction has been delayed until now.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

S i t k a
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:58 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:
Danceria wrote:Snip

Well if you want to say Hi to other bird lady, I'm going to be dropping her somewhere in the school soon. Got a bit caught up in other things so my introduction has been delayed until now.

I read 'Got' as 'God' for a second there.

I've been here too long.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.
Local News: Karl Marx visits Sitka, is "impressed".

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

Eisen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:16 pm

I'm an over-analytical asshole. And I was thrown out because I saw flaws that I wanted people to understand. I'm not a good person. He'll, sometimes I doubt morality. But please understand: I just want people to be happy. But not everyone can be happy. It's my greatest flaw. I know how people feel, but I know either too much, or too little. I just hope you all understand. Because of my incompetence, Sky and I have been thrown out. I offer my sincerest apologies to Luminesa, though I expect nothing. I just wanted her and Sky's friendship to remain. I know hard times. I wish you would have stayed to listen, Lum.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:45 pm

Delete the Discord message now.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse