NATION

PASSWORD

Khuzifenq Q&A

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Nouveau Yathrib
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Khuzifenq Q&A

Postby Nouveau Yathrib » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:12 am

This will be a Q&A thread for any and all questions you may have on Jamilkhuze, Syfenq, and/or Nouveau Yathrib. I haven't had much time to write factbooks about their politics, society, and culture beyond a general overview of their parallel universe. I plan on posting more detailed factbooks on their politics, economies, culture, and technology at some point in the future. Hopefully this thread will give me something to work with.

I will answer IC questions as Jamilkhuze/Syfenq and OOC questions as Nouveau Yathrib. Please try not to ask questions I've already answered in my Factbooks (Jamilkhuze, Syfenq, Nouveau Yathrib). I don't mind clarifying but I'd rather answer original questions because they're more fun. I use NS stats for all my accounts whenever appropriate.

FYI Jamilkhuze and Syfenq are technically the same nation but set in different timelines; their point of divergence is CE 2184. Nouveau Yathrib is set in the pre-divergence timeline between the years CE 2069 and CE 2184 and is meant to provide context for the politics, society, and culture of Jamilkhuze and Syfenq.

OOC Comparison of Jamilkhuze and Syfenq. The differences between them are mostly political; however this has also affected their culture and society over time.
Last edited by Nouveau Yathrib on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I still can't believe that Brazil lost to Germany 1:7. Copy and paste onto your sig if you were alive when this happened.

This account is the predecessor state of Jamilkhuze and Syfenq. This is how they're different, and this is why they exist.

We are currently in the year 2181. About Us | Factbooks | Past and Future History | OOC Info | Public Relations | iiWiki | Q&A

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

-Edward Everett Hale

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:28 am

OOC: What is your reasoning behind Jamilkhuze's motto, it seems rather cynical for a grand unifying statement?
Last edited by Kenmoria on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Jamilkhuze
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Jamilkhuze » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:49 am

Kenmoria wrote:OOC: What is your reasoning behind Jamilkhuze's motto, it seems rather cynical for a grand unifying statement?

IC: The world is a beautiful and wonderous place; it’s human nature to forget that by focusing on what divides us rather than what unites us. Jamilkhuze emerged from the ashes of a totalitarian cyberpunk climate refugee state that was sharply divided along race, religion and language- hence the need for a universalist national motto that reminds us of our common humanity.

OOC: I came up with the motto when I was 15, back when I wanted to make my first NS account edgy and philosophical. Never bothered to change it, even after I decided to make Jamilkhuze and Syfenq alter egos of each other.
I still can't believe that Brazil lost to Germany 1:7. Copy and paste onto your sig if you were alive when this happened.

Successor state of Nouveau Yathrib (more on that here)
About Our World | Factbooks and Dispatches | OOC Info | OOC: Why I'm Still on NS | Public Relations | iiWiki

Historic Migration to Jamilkhuze by Country | Languages of Jamilkhuze (continued) | Q&A

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

-Edward Everett Hale

Nouveau Yathrib
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nouveau Yathrib » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:49 pm

Vic2: What are the AN's Primary and Accepted Cultures?
Bienenhalde wrote:Primary: Panjabi

Accepted: Min, Yue, Vietnamese, Filipino, Sindhi, Bedouin, Mashriqi, British, French

Vic2 is set in the mid-19th to mid-20th centuries; a lot of the assumptions about "primary" and "accepted" cultures are difficult to translate to a dystopian 22nd-century setting.

Primary: Hindu and/or Indo-Aryan South Asian (Bengali + Bihari + Oriya + Avadhi + Kanauji + Panjabi + Kashmiri + Gujarati + Marathi + Sindhi + Rajput)
Accepted: Other South Asian & Cosmopolitan Islamic cultures (Assamese + Nepali + Sinhala, Kannada + Malayalam + Tamil + Telegu, Pashtun + Hazara + Baluchi + Mashriqi + Malay)
Marginal: Pre-Crisis original inhabitants & Parochial Islamic cultures (Boer + Australian + French + Swiss, Misri, Berber, Somali, Swahili, Sudanese, Maori, [Australian] Aborigine, Malagasy)
Counter-Culture: East Asian + Non-Islamic Sub Saharan (Southwestern Mandarin + Hakka + Northern Chinese + Zhuang + Manchu + Burmese + Javanese, Vietnamese + Khmer + Korean + Lao + Thai, Filipino + Japanese + Malay, Akan, Igbo, Yoruba, Amhara + Oromo + Tigray, Shona, Afro-American)
Last edited by Nouveau Yathrib on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This account is the predecessor state of Jamilkhuze and Syfenq. This is how they're different, and this is why they exist.

We are currently in the year 2181. About Us | Factbooks | Past and Future History | OOC Info | Public Relations | iiWiki | Q&A

-Edward Everett Hale

Return to Factbooks and National Information