NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Flaming/Trolling

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Sharania
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

[R] Flaming/Trolling

Postby Sharania » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:44 pm

The East Marches II wrote:
Aren't you an admitted Ivan? You certainly talk like that other one we have here, Shofercia.

The pro-tip here Sharania is we figured out how to stop the green men, you kill them. We don't need to satisfy your desire for gore pics by making them public. The Ivans got their shit pushed in, job done.

See it's stuff like "TEM II" that makes me think you are Russian. That and literally half your posts contain the word Russia in them.

As for the Ottoman slap, that's a fantastic term. That's what we did, slapped Assad around, showed him who's boss. Ez pz no need to do more. Even John Bull and Pierre gave him a few.

First - The East Marches II insists on calling me a Russian and thinks that I'm an "admitted" one. He even falsely claimed in the past that I said that I was a Russian. I'm not. He refuses to apologize and doubles down comparing me to Shofercia (!).

Second - The East Marches II calls me by a derisive slang term for the Russians. Are ethnic slurs okay now? Last time I checked political nicknaming was not okay. What about "slang/slur" terms for the nationalities? People can't change them as easily as political views. What about on insisting on something when told you are wrong repeatedly? Is this a trolling?
Time for justice.
Veteran of the Resistance.

BLM
Pigs are treyf

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:58 pm

I was asking an honest question. I remember Monitor and Geilnor(?) commenting that you had been in Russia during the 90s or something like that. As for the TEM II I was commenting on how you made linguistic posting marks like another poster here who is Russian as my reasoning for believing you might be one. I've used the term Ivan for some time now, I'm also fond of Hans, Pierre, John Bull, Uncle Sam and others like it as national personifications and short hand for a government. A cursory search of both my accounts will prove it. If that is no longer to be allowed according the NS mods, I of course will follow their ruling.

Edit: this is a rather clear attempt to get me after the fact post-debate, I hope moderation will take into account context accordingly.
Last edited by The East Marches II on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:12 pm

The East Marches II wrote:I was asking an honest question. I remember Monitor and Geilnor(?) commenting that you had been in Russia during the 90s or something like that. As for the TEM II I was commenting on how you made linguistic posting marks like another poster here who is Russian as my reasoning for believing you might be one. I've used the term Ivan for some time now, I'm also fond of Hans, Pierre, John Bull, Uncle Sam and others like it as national personifications and short hand for a government. A cursory search of both my accounts will prove it. If that is no longer to be allowed according the NS mods, I of course will follow their ruling.

Edit: this is a rather clear attempt to get me after the fact post-debate, I hope moderation will take into account context accordingly.

Or you could accept his answer that he's not Russian and drop the matter. I think you've taken it just about far enough. I'm going to consider further attempts to make Sharania the topic of any thread you meet him in harassment.

Sharania wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:
Aren't you an admitted Ivan? You certainly talk like that other one we have here, Shofercia.

The pro-tip here Sharania is we figured out how to stop the green men, you kill them. We don't need to satisfy your desire for gore pics by making them public. The Ivans got their shit pushed in, job done.

See it's stuff like "TEM II" that makes me think you are Russian. That and literally half your posts contain the word Russia in them.

As for the Ottoman slap, that's a fantastic term. That's what we did, slapped Assad around, showed him who's boss. Ez pz no need to do more. Even John Bull and Pierre gave him a few.

First - The East Marches II insists on calling me a Russian and thinks that I'm an "admitted" one. He even falsely claimed in the past that I said that I was a Russian. I'm not. He refuses to apologize and doubles down comparing me to Shofercia (!).

Second - The East Marches II calls me by a derisive slang term for the Russians. Are ethnic slurs okay now? Last time I checked political nicknaming was not okay. What about "slang/slur" terms for the nationalities? People can't change them as easily as political views. What about on insisting on something when told you are wrong repeatedly? Is this a trolling?

An American or anyone else calling a Russian "Ivan" is like non-Americans calling Americans "Yank." It's not a slur and so not actionable. You can put TEM II on your Foes list to avoid his posts, though they should no long contain content annoying to you.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:17 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:I was asking an honest question. I remember Monitor and Geilnor(?) commenting that you had been in Russia during the 90s or something like that. As for the TEM II I was commenting on how you made linguistic posting marks like another poster here who is Russian as my reasoning for believing you might be one. I've used the term Ivan for some time now, I'm also fond of Hans, Pierre, John Bull, Uncle Sam and others like it as national personifications and short hand for a government. A cursory search of both my accounts will prove it. If that is no longer to be allowed according the NS mods, I of course will follow their ruling.

Or you could accept his answer that he's not Russian and drop the matter. I think you've taken it just about far enough. I'm going to consider further attempts to make Sharania the topic of any thread you meet him in harassment.

Sharania wrote:

An American or anyone else calling a Russian "Ivan" is like non-Americans calling Americans "Yank." It's not a slur and so not actionable. You can put TEM II on your Foes list to avoid his posts, though they should no long contain content annoying to you.

Understood, I will accept that and refrain from doing so in the future.

Sharania
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sharania » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:30 pm

The East Marches II wrote:I was asking an honest question. I remember Monitor and Geilnor(?) commenting that you had been in Russia during the 90s or something like that.

"Something like that". So you misread/misremembered something and kept going on and on in the most obnoxious manner possible, right? I hope now you will apoligize for that.

Farnhamia wrote:Or you could accept his answer that he's not Russian and drop the matter. I think you've taken it just about far enough. I'm going to consider further attempts to make Sharania the topic of any thread you meet him in harassment.

Thank you!

EDIT: No, The East Marches II, not via TG. I want a public apology for everyone to see it. To deter all future would be slanderers and harrassers. Unfortunately, due to the past experience with (Improved) Werpland, I have to insist on that.
Last edited by Sharania on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time for justice.
Veteran of the Resistance.

BLM
Pigs are treyf

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Sharania wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:I was asking an honest question. I remember Monitor and Geilnor(?) commenting that you had been in Russia during the 90s or something like that.

"Something like that". So you misread/misremembered something and kept going on and on in the most obnoxious manner possible, right? I hope now you will apoligize for that.

Farnhamia wrote:Or you could accept his answer that he's not Russian and drop the matter. I think you've taken it just about far enough. I'm going to consider further attempts to make Sharania the topic of any thread you meet him in harassment.

Thank you!

EDIT: No, The East Marches II, not via TG. I want a public apology for everyone to see it. To deter all future would be slanderers and harrassers. Unfortunately, due to the past experience with (Improved) Werpland, I have to insist on that.

Enough.

This ends now.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Return to Moderation