NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 64 | Varea, Nekoni

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

WorldVision Song Contest 64 | Varea, Nekoni

Postby Nekoni » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:49 pm

WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST 64
Live from Varea, Nekoni
OOC Thread | Host Bid

The Mercati Arena. An indoor stadium packed with spectators. Despite initially stating a maximum of 70,000 people, demand for tickets were high, somehow the stage designers were able to fit a few thousand extra in. At 7.58pm exactly, the lights go down, save for the giant screen. A two minute countdown in white text, same font as the logo, begins on it in the format [ 01 : 59 : 99 ]. As the clock continues, and the music builds in intensity, the lights around the arena steadily begin to pulse, increasing in intensity, with the audience being bathed with white light as the time fits the final seconds.

Upon zero, the arena is plunged into darkness, with the screen displaying a dark sky full of stars. Roughly ten white beams shine from the sky, arranged in a circle, with the point in the stage they converge on steadily rising. On top of the square is a woman, crouched down, one knee touching the floor, the areas surrounding it acting as a pyramid staircase. This woman you'll have known from our earlier entries, finishing 5th at WVSC46...

OPENING ACT
Sky Is The Limit
Eliana Mitrecey

Tune: Funky At Heart // Studio Killers

Eliana is dressed in a long, flowing white dress, with her hair as shown in the picture. The dress has a cross cutout on the main cleavage area, not large enough to be provocative, but noticeable. She is wearing silver high heels and a daimanté headband.

The sky is the limit
And we're gonna hit it
From coast to districts
Reach out your hands and
We're going all out
And we won't fall

As the song begins, she begins to stand up from her crouched position on top of her plinth. Her right fist raises, left hand holding the microphone. When she is fully standing, she begins to walk down the staircase.

Tonight is all ours
From now till the late hours
Write our name in stars
You're gonna know
That you're solid gold
Come, enjoy the show

As she walks down the steps, the camera pans left to catch a man playing a white acoustic guitar, dressed in black, untucked dress shirt, white tie and black slacks. As she sings "you're solid gold", she walks up to him, and kisses him on the forehead. She stands in the centre of the stage, in front of the catwalk as she reaches the bridge of the song.

And you know life is a mind game
Tonight we're gonna solve it
So tonight go and stake your claim
The sky's the limit

As she sings, the stage begins to be flanked on the left and right by white-dressed men and women carrying the flags of the countries taking part, clapping their hands as they go. As she sings the next part of the bridge, the front two, both carrying Nekoni flags walk to either side of Eliana, and grab her hands. During the vocals, the three lift their arms up and tilt their heads to the sky.

Time to make yourself a hero
And throw your head up high
All the world is behind you
Tonight is our night

During the instrumental, everyone runs down the catwalk in formation, following the leading three to strobe lighting. All the flags are being waved, with the two behind the lead pack holding the flags of the last two winners: Britonisea and Mister X. The front pack is able to get to the end of the catwalk as the second verse begins. The flag bearers let go of Mitrecey's hand and wave their flags, at which point the guitarist has joined them at the end, too.

The weekday is long dead
The 9-to-5 is spent
Let your inner child
Scream and shout out
'Cause the party's on time
And you're the first in line

During this part of the verse, Eliana pulls on the tie of the guitarist, pulling it off in one go. She then tugs on the dress shirt, and it tears off, revealing a black, sleeveless T-shirt with a blue and gold heart in the traditional Nekoni colours. She throws the tie and shirt into the crowd, of course.

From beaches in MarinaPoint to Mercína
We gather at Varea
To celebrate that
It's Nekoni's time now
So, let's go

As the verse continues, the catwalk descends to ground level, with Eliana at the front still. The platform hits the ground as the verse reaches its end. The white beam lights that started the song pointing at her followed her up the catwalk, and are now directed at her again.

And you know life is a mind game
Tonight we're gonna solve it
So tonight go and stake your claim
The sky's the limit

At this point, she is on the floor with the crowd. The catwalk section has multiple plinths for the flags the bearers carried to stand in. The flagbearers place their flags in the designated spots, then join Eliana. The front eight or so bearers pick up Eliana and put her on their shoulders.

During the next part of the bridge, she sings whilst the front group pick her and walk forwards into the end of the catwalk zone. All those not in the group are stood by their flags clapping to the rhythm.
Tonight is your night

During the second instrumental, the front group carry her back to the main stage whilst the rest perform a dance routine based on freestyle breakdancing, with windmills and feats of upper-body strength being very much the order of the day. Whilst the routine is carried out, Eliana addresses the audience.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to Varea, and welcome to the year's biggest party, the WorldVision Song Contest 64!"

She is brough back on to the main stage just in time to finish her final lines next to the guitarist, centre stage.

Tonight is our night

The song ends to rapturous applause. Eliana takes a few moments to take it all in, then grabs her microphone again. "Now please welcome your hosts, Alice Florien and Miki Lazaretti!"

The hosts run on together, greeting the audience. The meet with Eliana, and greet her with the traditional kiss on the cheek.

Alice (left): "Thank you Eliana! What a great start to the show!"
Miki (right): "Honestly, I don't know how the acts tonight are going to top that, but they're going to give a go, and it's going to be great fun watching them go for it! So many countries tonight have sent their greatest singing and performing talents, and tonight we find out who gets the honour of being able to call themselves the greatest of them all!"
Alice: "That's right! Tonight is a great feast for both the ears and the eyes. The whole world is watching, the whole world is listening, the whole world is looking for a good time! And not just enjoying the party, everybody watching here in the Mercati Arena and the millions and millions at home all will have an equal say in who takes home the gold!"
Miki: "I think that leaves us with just one thing to say, doesn't it, Alice?"
Alice: "Of course..."
Both: "World, are you ready!?"
The audience's thunderous cheers make the answer to the question pretty obvious.
Both, with Eliana: "LET THE PARTY BEGIN!"

OOC:
The stage design is basic yet free-form. The screen/wall at the back is 100m long, with the base area being as wide as this, and 15m wide. There is a catwalk that extends down the middle by default 30m long. By default, the stage is 4m off the ground. However:

- The individual stage is free moving, with any part of the stage being able to extend in 1m x 1m squares, from a height of 0m to 10m off the ground.
- The catwalk itself can be set to one uniform height up to a height of 5 metres.

I shall require the following for your postcard:

1 - some colours, in the forum standard 6-digit hex code format (so FF0000 is red, 000000 is black, that kind of thing). I shall require at least two, but ideally three. Should I not receive any colours, I will take ones from your nation's flag, and attempt to pick ones that don't clash too much. Take note that this will be used for displaying text, so take care in choosing colours that allow legible text when combined.

2 - a quote of a famous person from your country that best exudes optimism, and fits the theme of 'the sky is the limit'. Also, note what said person is famous for.

For an example, rely on the mock-up for last contest's Nekoni entry here.
Last edited by Nekoni on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Nekoni
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:50 pm

#1 - BESEN
I Live For You
Krena

Performance | Postcard

#2 - PLATERDAM
I live for your love
Cadillac! ft. Enigma

Performance | Postcard

#3 - MISTER X
Dreamland
Tracy Manson & Robert Anderson

Performance | Postcard

#4 - NEKONI
Victory
Elitsa Maldémur

Performance | Postcard

#5 - BRITONISEA
Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse (I Can Hear Your Voice)
Taron Woods

Performance | Postcard

#6 - TOGONISTAN
Return
Alayna Alofi

Performance | Postcard

#7 - LOCHARIO
Hills
Dari Makinnen

Performance | Postcard

#8 - LACHANA
Evermore
Ariel Dava

Performance | Postcard

#9 - NUSALIA
Everyone
Wia Rosmana

Performance | Postcard

#10 - PROLUVIA
Tell Me Why
Primo

Performance | Postcard

#11 - MABUHAY LAND
Manila
Elena Ramirez

Performance | Postcard

#12 - ADAB
At the Top
J. Baraka Mahmoud

Performance | Postcard

#13 - VARTUGIA
Just a typical Vartugian song, that makes you question that letting Vartugia sing was a great fucking idea, given they only sing shitsong and sometime have a long title becase screw you thats way we are the best lol this is a long title that makes you scrool in [pre] can i det the record for the longest title now or is it too long beacue i this tittle is just 80% filler. (Aka WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Varty!)
Filler-Man and Dick Arms

Performance | Postcard

#14 - DARKMANIA
Skrive En Sang
Crÿst Rÿstermöd

Performance | Postcard

#15 - IZMEDU
Dvie jamne u-usamljenom svitu
Sabina Vidas

Performance | Postcard

#16 - TALVEZOUT
Performance | Postcard

#17 - ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN
Perfect Couple
Kevin Wang

Performance | Postcard

#18 - POLKOPIA
Miracola
Martin Tyvin

Performance | Postcard

#19 - NORMANDY AND PICARDY
Desert
Marie le Pont

Performance | Postcard

#20 - ESTOGIUM
Show Me Your Love
Rhett Pierce

Performance | Postcard

#21 - CLEACA
Soaring High
Renato Gabric

Performance | Postcard

#22 - KWADAI
Phantom
Afra

Performance | Postcard

#23 - KALOSIA
That's Just How Life Goes
Eva Renati

Performance | Postcard

#24 - TÖDLICHEBUJOKU
In Fever Dreams
Brunhilda Čida & VIECK

Performance | Postcard

#25 - MERCEDINI
Temptation
Sebastian Sabatino

Performance | Postcard

#26 - ETHANE
Hold You
Daniel Helksham

Performance | Postcard

#27 - MISSUS X
Bleep Machine Malfunction
Rick Leg feat. The Arms

Performance | Postcard

Darkmania
Mabuhay Land
Besen
Britonisea
Last edited by Nekoni on Wed May 02, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 16 times in total.

7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Besen // KRENA // I Live For You

Postby Besen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:21 pm

01 | Besen | KRENA | "I Live For You"

One of the first confirmed nations and artists, Besen have chosen KRENA (Hans Krenas) to represent them in Nekoni this edition. His sound can only be described as "chilled out alt-pop", and he is ready to bring those vibes to the WV stage. Bella Nearisi is his stage designer for the performance but has also chosen his outfit- which he can be seen wearing here. This song is produced by top producers in Lipa, Besen and also some foreign influences are scattered throughout.

Emerging from a light blue mist, KRENA steps forward in a slow, weary fashion. He is wearing clothes designed by legends in the Besenian modelling industry and this shows as his see-through shirt and golden jacket glimmer. With a silky touch, the first lines are sang.

Heart on fire, mind alive, what are you thinking?
I can't breathe, "Come on, just give me a minute".
Am I weaker? Am I weaker?

Radiating from his body is sex and desire. There is a chair located in the middle of the stage in which he sits on delicately. The blue light intensifies as the LED shows pink particles floating.

You're so in love, not with me, I'm stranded ashore
I'm gonna love until you break me, of that, I'm sure.
Am I weaker? Am I weaker?

From blue to pink, the lights echo all around the stage. Behind him appears an LED projection of a woman- smirking and grinning. KRENA positions himself so that he is sitting tall in the chair.

Be your dream, that's what I wanna do
Please don't leave, I only live for you...

An ignition starts on the stage, as KRENA stands up and begins to step forward. Two men appear behind him, dressed in tuxedos. Unanimously, all three begin to lightly walk to the front. They all lift their arms above them at the same time, almost looking like they are stretching.

Baby, I've got nothing
You are so damn in my zone
And I just can't keep my eyes off you
Hold me so damn close
Gotta beg for your forgiveness
Girl, you know I always try
You break my heart so damn much
I live for you, I live for all of it

The ensemble clap together with the beat as they turn to the side. KRENA remains looking out to the front though. The pink lights have now faded and been replaced by apricot waves, floating about.

Now my skies are red
Is that what you want?
Paint me blue instead, if that's what you want
Are you weaker? Are you weaker?

KRENA now runs back to the chair, turns it round and sits back down. Charcoal blackness makes up the rest of the stage except from half (the lights have been split through the middle). He taps his foot on the ground rhythmically.

Never mind, my babe, I can't go on
I'll never know, how can I know, know who you love?
Am you weaker? Must be weaker.

Stepping between the light and darkness, half of KRENA can be seen. Lazer lights go up and out from the corner of the stage.

You make me hurt, so bad, but I'll go there
Secret love, keep it up, real life ain't fair
Maybe weakne-e-ess- is between us.

An light green shade rises from the dark side, which now means the stage is showered with illumination. Flashes of the LED woman appear once again.

Be your dream, that's what I wanna do
Please don't leave, I only live for you...

As the chorus begins, the three dancers rhythmically step in and out of KRENA's space. The green shade fades, now replaced by a gleaming purple starlight, covering everyone on stage.

Baby, I've got nothing
Hold me so damn close
All I keep on saying,
I've got so much love for you
Come and pull me under
'Cause I cannot end this mood
It's not happily ever after
I can't even close my eyes.

The dancers and KRENA are now in a line, following a peculiar dance routine, mostly using swinging of the arms. Beneath this is the pyro which is now rising, with every synth sound that comes. The huge bang happens when the chorus kicks back into action.

Baby, I've got nothing
Hold me so damn close
All I keep on saying,
I've got so much love for you
Come and pull me under
'Cause I cannot end this mood
It's not happily ever after
I can't even close my eyes.

KRENA grins, still standing, holding the jacket tightly. His dancers and himself finally take a bow and then after the dancers walk off the stage, he thanks the audience and follows swiftly.
Last edited by Besen on Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:48 am, edited 7 times in total.

Platerdam
Envoy

Founded: Jan 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Platerdam's entry

Postby Platerdam » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:33 pm

P L A T E R D A M
Cadillac! ft. Enigma - I live for your love

ImageCadillac members, left to Right: Richard ''Fonzie'' Fonseco (Bassist), Daniel ''Dax'' Caruso (Lead Singer), Jake ''Prince'' Arthur (Keyboardist), Jesus ''Soos'' Romney (Baterist)
About the artists: Cadillac! is a reggae-pop band founded by ''Dax'' Caruso, almost nine months ago in Steer, Platerdam. Formed by ''Fonzie'' Fonseco, ''Prince'' Arthur, ''Soos'' Romney, and the already mentioned ''Dax''.

By winning the very first edition of Platerdam's ''The Next Hit'', they became the first representatives of Platerdam in an international song contest. Cadillac! will release their first album: ''Why not?'', a few weeks after the contest. Their very first single: ''I live for your love'' is a reggae song, written by ''Soos'' Romney, with the collaboration of the Platerdammer rapper Enigma. The song is already out for digital release in several platforms, and this will be the first time they perform it live.

It all comes to this. The craziest nine months of their lives. ''Fonzie'' started picking his ice-blue Italia Modulo bass guitar from the stand while looking at the crowd and thinking about his wife and kids that are somewhere in the public. It's for them, It's for him, It's for Platerdam. He can't see his partners, the stage is pitch black, he does hear ''Soos'' grabbing his drumsticks.

''Soos'' is nervious, he sits on the stool. His Mapex Tornado III drum kit in front of him. How did it happen? How did they transformed from a garage band to a international sensation? How did his song became so famous? He didn't thought of it as a hit song, he never saw it like that. He feels his heart going fast, his palms are sweaty, his knees weak, his arms are heavy. At least he doesn't have vomit of his sweater. But, somehow he's thinking about his mom's spaguetti. ''Wow, life seriously goes passing by'' -he thought- ''Hold up, those are some fine lyrics for a song, after the concert, I'm going to start writing''.

''Prince'' gets his Yamaha Reface DX Synthesizer connected. His job as a keyboardist is very underrated, even though he's basically the rhythm of most songs. ''Not anymore, they'll see'' - he whispers to himself, his hands start to coordinate on the keys, it's kinda hard due to them being in a dark stage, but, he drives his fingers through the keys and actually manages to place them in the right place. It's his time to shine.

''Dax'' stands at the microphone, looking at the crowd. He looks back to see his band, his creation, he can't see them. But he knows they are there. ''Dax'' takes a deep breath, and gives a low flick with his fingers, it's time to start.

[Tune starts]- The camera is in front of the stage. Darkness. Nothing can be seen. ''Prince'' starts the song with his keyboard, the sound of the keys guide ''Prince'' to the right keys. He finishes the intro. ''Dax'' steps in and ironically starts with:

Oh, I can't even se-e-ee.

After he says that, the stage immediately lights up. The back screen starts showing a vibrant yellow background, and the music starts to play, drums, trumpets, bass, keys, everything. The LED lights the flooring in order to make it look yellow as well, however, the lights show a kaleidoscopic design on the floor. The camera stand still. ''Dax'' keeps singing:

Because my world has turned black
Oh, baby won't you help me-e-e?
I want to go back to the sta-a-art.

The camera cuts to a closer shot of the band, playing together. ''Dax'' continues:

Without your lo-o-ove,
I can't breathe.
Oh, don't you know?
Without your love, I can't breathe.

After he said ''breathe'', they stand still for a second. The music stops. ''Dax'' steps up to the microphone, the camera cuts back to a closer shot of him, he opens his mouth and sings:

I live for your lo-o-ove. Oh.

The lights turn white and spark. The music starts to play again, the band puts their mouths near their respective mics, serving as backup singers. The lights go back to yellow. ''Dax'' starts to sing the chorus. Trumpets start to hear distantly:

(your love, your love, your love, your love)

You help me go through my darkest da-a-ays.

Oh, baby, don't you know? (your love) Oh, baby, don't you kno-o-ow? (your love)

Oh.

The camera cuts to a few public shots, we see a guy waving the Platerdammer flag, the camera cuts back to a panoramic shot of the public and the band; ''Dax'' continues with the second verse:

Oh, I don't want to forge-e-et.
Cuz' you're always in my mi-i-ind. Oh.
Oh, I don't want it to fa-a-ade,
I want you here, here at my si-i-ide.

The lights keep showing the kaleidoscopic shapes on the stage floor, ''Dax'' grabs the mic from the stand and starts walking on the catwalk, the camera follows him closely, he proceeds with the pre-chorus:

Without your lo-o-ove,
I can't breathe.
Oh, don't you know?

The music stops again. Same scenario as before. The lights turn white and spark. The camera cuts to a panoramic view; ''Dax'' sings:

The lights turn yellows again, the back screen turns into a explosion of golden sparks and then it turns into a spiral, the music starts to play again. ''Dax'' and the band start to sing the chorus:

Oh, baby, don't you know? (your love) Oh, baby, don't you kno-o-ow? (your love)

Oh.

After a quick drum riff by ''Soos'', the band starts to play a little bit faster. Enigma steps to the stage, with a mic on his hand, he starts to rap in his distinctive deep voice:

Oh, baby girl, let us be.
Oh, baby girl, can't you see?
That I don't want you to leave, I want your here with me.
C'mon, baby girl, don't you know that you help me to breathe?

The camera cuts to a moving shot of the whole band. With every four beats, the lights shine. ''Dax'' and Enigma start to jump to the rhythm, Enigma raises his hand encouraging the people to do it aswell, ''Fonzie'' moves the shoulders to the beat while playing, ''Soos'' moves his head, ''Prince'' moves his legs. It became clear what they wanted to do, they did not wanted to win, they did not wanted to be recognised. They just want people to have a good time with their music.
Enigma continues:

Oh, why do you treat me like this?
Oh, why do you leave me like this?
Oh, girl, don't you know that I always will love you and caress you,
oh baby, you were born for me.

The camera cuts to the public, a girl starts to dance to the beat, the people behind her moving their hands up and down to the song, after a while, most people in the public do it. The camera cuts back to the stage, Enigma continues:

Oh, I think we both can agree,
our love will always be bigger than the sea.
Oh, baby girl, cuz' you and me, our love can't just be absentee.

Oh, I guarantee
that without you, I just can't be me,
without your love, I just simply can't live, can't live, can't live.

When Enigma finishes his verse, the lights go back to normal: yellow and kaleidoscopic. The band slows down the beat again, ''Dax'' sings the pre-chorus:

Without your lo-o-ove,
I can't breathe.
Oh, don't you know?

Same scenario as before, music stops, lights turn white and spark, ''Dax'' keeps singing, this time, the camera cuts closer to him, we see him point to the public:

After the pre-chorus is done, the lights go back to yellow, the band and ''Dax'' continue singing:

Come-rock-steady-debee-do-ba-day.

Come-rock-steady-debee-do-ba-da-a-ay.

Oh, baby, don't you kno-o-ow? (your love) You help me go through my darkest da-a-ays.

The lights start to dim out, except for ''Prince'''s keys and ''Dax'''s voice, the music shuts down, we see a slower tone to the song, ''Dax'' continues:

Oh, I just won't resi-i-ing.
It can still be you and I-I-I. Yeah.
Oh, can't somebody help me?
Without you here, I feel mali-i-igned.

The lights go back to normal, the music starts playing again, with the same beat, camera cuts to the public, we see a girl singing along. Camera cuts back to a close up of''Dax'' as he continues:

Without your love,
I can't breathe.
Oh, without your love... I simply can't exi-i-ist.
Oh, don't you know?
You're always in my mi-i-ind.
Without your love, without your love
I just can't live...

The music stops, the band steps into their mics, the lights start to dim, total silence, Cadillac in full harmony starts to sing the final line:

I live for your lo-o-ove.

The music starts to be played again, ''Soos'' does a cymbal roll on the drum, ''Prince'' and ''Fonzie'' hold the note, the band starts to sing again in full harmony:

Lo-o-ove

The lights start to flash, the final notes are played, the public turns wild: whistling, shouting, cheering, in the back screen, on the yellow background, the word: ''I live for your love'' starts to appear. ''Dax'' turns around from the public and raises his arms in a T-shape. ''Soos'' ends with a splash.

''Dax'' looks at the public and says: ''Thank you, Nekoni'' - he cheerfully said - ''Fonzie'' Fonseco in the bass; ''Soos'' Romney in the drums; ''Prince'' Arthur in the keys''. The band stepped out of their places and did a bow to the audience. ''Dax'' continues: ''And finally, our guest: Enigma''. Enigma raises his fists and speaks: ''Thank you''. The band waves goodbye, and the stage goes pitch black again.

They won their country's heart. Can they win the world's?
Last edited by Platerdam on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 9 times in total.
THE FEDERAL STATES OF PLATERDAM - STATI FEDERATI DI PLATERDAM

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:36 pm

03 MISTER X

Tracy Manson & Robert Anderson - "Dreamland"
Tune: Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli - "Time To Say Goodbye"

A brand new act into the Mister Xian hall of WorldVision contestants is Robert Anderson, a 23-year-old singer from Thatcher City. His interests include lap dancing, pole dancing, ballroom dancing, and any and all other forms of dancing. He wrote "Dreamland" as a tear-jerking ballad with operatic themes, and therefore required a female singer to sing it with him. Enter Tracy Manson, a previous WorldVision contestant, having sung "My Heart's On Fire" in Prescott. Its exceptionally poor performance in the WorldVision Song Contest has resulted in her wanting a second attempt. Mister X's notoriety amongst WorldVision delegates for being distinctly short on female WorldVision contestants worried her a little: "it's tough to get ahead in Mister X, the WorldVision Song Contest is a male-dominated arena. But then again, there are women-dominated arenas in Mister X too, so I can't really complain about it. It's very important that we still don't stop different sexes and genders from competing." The Mister Xian government had to very quickly issue a statement saying "of course we don't, that would be not in line with our philosophy at all". Mister X's very poor performance in WV63, finishing last but two, on the back of their memorable win in WV62, gave way to alarm bells ringing at MRX Television as to how one can suddenly do so badly having copied a formula that won them the WV62 contest and countless top tens in the past. "Last year", said the head of delegation, "was just a blip. I hope. And this year, we've got a song to make it two wins in three." A heckler then replied "what about the 34 editions it took to win in the first place?". "No comment".

As the lights fade up in a natural light with patterns of old, ancient marble buildings in the background wall, a 50-piece orchestra occupying the back of the stage strikes up the music. Tracy is alone on stage (discounting the orchestra) as the camera fades in from black and zooms in slowly from the back. Tracy is turned around, wearing a grey dress which is full-length and looks not dissimilar to a disco ball. There is a large hole in the back of it, showing off her back. She slowly turns around.

Sleeping in my bed at night, so dark, yet bright, I cannot find my own peace
Wondering if I'll stay or die yet I can't see what we all see and he sees
Sitting there at night
In my mind
To the new world
The world that doesn't exist in reality
In this world we seek
Both our fantasies
And all of our darkest nightmares

The camera pans from the right of the stage as the buildings being shown in the background change. There is also a light chance as a more warm, yellow colour, takes over the white light.

When we're in dreamland
My emptiness is in my mind
And no one can stop all my dreams
It sounds so silly but
When we're in dreamland
All of my thoughts are on my
Holy life, holy world, on me
Better than reality

Robert, dressed in a suit with no tie and his top button undone, emerges from the back of the stage and the audience's right. Tracy looks around to see him as the lights return to how they were during the verse.

When you're in your bed at night I know that you will one day find your own peace
And one day I know you will work it out with me
With me
I know one day you will work it out with me
Sometimes dreams are better when you're with me
With me
With me
With me

And now the lights come back to how they were during the first chorus as Robert walks up behind Tracy. Their hands touch.

When we're in dreamland
My emptiness is in my mind
And no one can stop all my dreams
It sounds so silly but

They turn towards the front of the stage, hand in hand, and walk forwards.

When we're in dreamland

Better than when we're in

The lights change into a redder, more vibrant colour in association with the key change as a golden shower of sparks descends in the gap between the orchestra and the back wall.

When we're in dreamland
Better than when we're in
When we're in dreamland

The background changes to slow-motion shots of Tracy and Robert riding across open country on horses at sunset.

Forever...

Everything seems to stop. There are towers of flame from around the stage as the lights and back wall become a solid, vibrant red. The golden shower of sparks stops and the camera shows a high shot of the two holding the sustained note.

The music stops.
The crowd applaud.
Tracy and Robert can do no more.
Last edited by Mister X on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nekoni
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Entry No.4: NEKONI
Victory
Elitsa Maldémur

Based on: Celsus by Felys feat. Yoko Natsukawa

Elitsa Maldémur, born in 1995 to a half-French family has had a very interesting rise to the top of Nekoni's music charts. She graduated from a stage school in Varea, and her dramatic side is very much noted in her music, particularly with her performances, being lavish stage pieces with as many costumes as she can get away with. This has caused a bit of a schism in the critical circle, with some believing her to be pretentious, and others believing that she merely wants to give the fans who paid good money to see her a great show. It seems the public are siding with the latter opinion, with her last two albums topping the chart, gaining three No.1 singles in as many years.

Her musical style is as varied as her performance, mostly mixing live instrumentation with an electronic background. Due to her wanderlust, she tends to have a wide array of different instruments from across the world as part of her act. However, for this performance, the influences are closer to home. This entry is inspired by the historical figure Elitsa Merzetti, an elite swordswoman that she takes her name from. According to legend, in 1541, whilst out on gathering reconnaisance during the Nekoni Civil War, her homestead was invaded by her opposing forces in a cowardly attack whilst her family were in their castle. She rode through the night, and was able to launch a bloody counter-attack under the cover of darkness, saving every member of her family despite the odds being severely against her. The general responsible for the attack had a particularly gruesome end, with her cutting his head off and sticking it on a pike outside for all to see what happens when one decides to fight against the Merzetti.

The stage has a raised catwalk, the end of it slightly raised some more. At the start of the song, on this raised edge, stands a violinist, with long, flowing blonde hair, dressed in a tattered black leather dress. Her violin is an electric one, with a black frame and no body. As the song starts, fans in the ceiling blow the frayed edges in the wind as she plays. The main stage lights up to reveal an 8-piece string section on the left of the stage, and a grand pianist on the right. In front of the pianist is a man with a dark red Flying V electric guitar, wearing a torn leather tabard in the same dark red hue, black fingerless gloves, and darkened steel armour plating on his legs.

Elitsa appears in the centre of the main stage, dressed in the battle dress of Elitsa Merzetti. She is also carrying a (fortunately a costume reconstruction) Civil War-era falchion in a sheath. The background changes to a purple-hued battlefield as the violin solo ends and she begins the song.

In the cold shadows of the evening
The heat of the moment will keep us warm
And as the skies turn to black
The flames will light up the way

As she sings the fourth line, she raises her right hand, palm outstretched, and the stage screen lights up from the bottom with a flash of orange. As she sings the next part, the colours revert to purple.

This is our time now
Raise your colours high in the air
There's no turning back
We will succeed or fall

She unsheathes her sword, and outstretches her arms downwards, as if a bird. When the chorus begins, she raises both to the sky, sword raised, with pyro raining from the ceiling.

We can't give up when we are fighting
So close to the end, tonight
We will win the fight
We will end this war with each other

She is immediately flanked left and right by men in full blackened plate armour and carrying medieval weaponry. During the chorus, they slowly take up their positions, weapons poised at her.

I'm gonna keep on trying
I am going to fight until I bleed no more
Only one thought stays in my mind
When we survive
I'll take the prize
Of our victory

At the end of the chorus, the men attempt to strike down Elitsa. She does simple, elegant moves, striking down each of them in turn with her sword as they attempt to attack her, during the second violin solo. As the solo ends, all eight have been vanquished, lying on the stage surrounding her. The stage turns a blood red, the battlefield changing to a barren plain, smoke rising from the floor.

And if I fail to wake in the morning
I know I won't have died in vain
And if this battle ends in failure
I shall be the last to fall

The eight defeated soldiers rise from the floor, keeping their weaponry held. They move, surrounding her, as the battle appears to be ending in a loss for her. As the beat drops, they close in for the kill, as one of them grabs each of her arms. They drag her forward down the stage, almost to make an example of her impending defeat.

Keep your head held high
Stand and fight for what you believe
This is the time now
The demons will fall

For the first line of the chorus, her sword and clothing begins to glow a bright gold. Upon the beat's return in the song, the outfit, sword, stage and lights flash the same shade of gold once, with Elitsa sweeping her arms violently out, sending the soldiers flying off the side of the catwalk and to the floor below. Fortunately for them, there are crash mats on each side for this exact purpose.

We can't give up when we are fighting
So close to the end, tonight
We will win the fight
We will end this war with each other

She makes her way to the centre of the stage where she started. As she reaches the centre of the stage, the second chorus finishes. At which point the guitarist begins to move towards the centre with her. The violinist, still at the end of the catwalk, has now turned around to face him, her section now on the same level as the rest of the catwalk.

I'm gonna keep on trying
I am going to fight until I bleed no more
Only one thought stays in my mind
When we survive
I'll take the prize
Of our victory

Both the guitarist and the violinist walk at the same time whilst playing their solo parts. The parts of the catwalk descend as they walk, leaving both in the centre on effectively an island. The background panels display the same purple battlefield, with parts of the field beginning to set aflame.

When they reach the island, they have their backs to each other as the camera begins to pan 360 around them. Elitsa's face is superimposed onto the screen during her breakdown section.

Let's go, it is time to fight
Raise your sword
In the shadow of midnight
Even if my body falls
I will never give up
Keep going on
Keep fighting
Don't give up
Break the chain!

Both soloists are facing each other now, and performing light choreography during their parts: short, forceful stabs towards the other soloist, almost like a fencing match. Also, small jets of flame are fired from each corner of the island periodically. As the solo reaches its end, both fall on their knees, lying back as if defeated.

When the dawn breaks
The last ones standing will be you and me
Lower our swords, there's nothing to fight now

As she sings, the flames from the background disappear, and the entire image colour begins to fade to a green tint. The camera focuses on the main stage where Elitsa is standing.

We chased the demons
Sent them running back to hell from where they came
Such a high price that we paid
But peace has returned again

As she sings the final verse, she lowers her sword and drops it. As she continues, she steadily drops to one knee, raising her hand to her heart. The background changes from a battlefield to a green field on a summer's day. In the background, on a hill, is Merzetti Castle, damaged, but still standing.

You and I will hold each other
Until the tears start falling from my eyes
And we know that we will never
Fight them again
Never feel pain
This is our victory

As she finishes, her hand raises, and at the climax of the song, she opens her fist, 'releasing' a white dove onto the screen as the final violin and piano notes are played.

The crowd goes, understandably, wild for their local heroine. She has done them proud tonight. She stands up, bows to the audience, and shouts "Thank you all! God bless all of you!"
Last edited by Nekoni on Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

05 | Britonisea | Taron Woods - Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse

Postby Britonisea » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:49 pm

#05 BRITONISEA
Taron Woods - "Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse (I Can Hear Your Voice)"
Tune : Nassi - "Rêves de gamin (Official Video)"
Music: Taron Woods Lyrics: Taron Woods

Vha Mehlohdivestoile 2018 Winner: 21 million Britonish votes and 11 nations decided that Taron Woods should represent Britonisea at WorldVision Song Contest.

ORIGINAL BITC POST;
Taron Woods will represent Britonisea at the 64th WorldVision Song Contest with his song "Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse", which is a song mostly in English with a Britonish phrase at the end of each chorus. Taron has stated that he might add more Britonish in the song, especially after the success of "Pyro" last edition. Taron won the third ever Vha Mehlodhivestoile in emphatic style, pipping second place KAYLEY to the spot by a single point - the closest win Vha Mehlodhivestoile has since in its short history...

Taron Woods is 34 year old male from the city of Quickenden, the city which hosted the 41st WorldVision Song Contest (23 editions ago, wow!) and is proud that he came from the city. Quickenden is one of the leading cities when it comes to music, and you can tell that by Taron Woods' song "Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse" which was only written by himself. Taron Woods entered Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018, hoping that he would receive a reply, and he did.

The different is, when Taron was first accepted to be apart of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018, he was actually entered with the song "Teiston i Monteur", which means "You Are A Liar" in Britonish. This song was fully in Britonish, and was going to sing it in fully Britonish if the song won. Taron did like the song, he wrote it, however he thought that the song was not perfect for the contest, and so lodged an appeal to change the song. In Vha Mehlodhivestoile rules, your song that is picked can be changed before a date. The song has to be performed in front of an audience of music professionals which were not in the pot of the performer in the earlier stages (when you send an entry, you get automatically put in to a Vha Mehlodhivestoile pot of entries). They then decide using a democratic vote whether "Teiston i Monteur " or this new song, "Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse" is better. They agreed with Taron Woods, and voted in favour of "Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse" meaning his song was officially changed. Though, this was after creating the videos which already revealed he was supposed to sing "Teiston i Monteur".

Taron Woods found out that he was in the second Semi Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018, performing fourth. Of course, Semi Final 2 was the winning Semi Final from last year, and so he had high hopes about being in this Semi Final. In Alshkan, he managed to come second place in the Britonish televote. He received top points from East Britonisea, and he came second in South Britonisea. Moreover, he won 16% of the Jury vote, which gave him lots of points going in to the international juries' votes. However, he fell two points short from qualifying straight to the final (71 points KAYLEY received in total, whereas Taron received 69). Sad, but ready for a battle, he went in to the Battle Stages, where his fate was in the hands of Togonistanian music professionals.

Although he was up against Abandonné, it was widely expected that Taron Woods would qualifying from the Battle Stage going in to the Grand Final - and Togonistan agreed. Going in to the Grand Final of the nation's largest television show was quite daunting for him, though he really enjoyed the experience of performing 7th. Performing the same as he did for the Battle Stage, he hoped that the changed he made between the Semi Final and the Battle Stage was enough to give him the Vha Mehlodhivestoile win. When the voting started, he started at the top of the table with the first nation, Besen, giving him 12 points. Despite that being his only 12 points from the International section, out of the 11 nations that voted, he was in the top 4 of 9 of them, with the only two nations voting placing him out of the top 4 (6th instead) were Chameliya and Togonistan. Ending the international votes with a score of 83 points (3rd) meant that he was still within a chance of winning the contest. As the Britonish votes came in, Telm City and Doportedas gave Taron Woods top spot, while South Britonisea gave him a total of 10 points. He took home a win over KAYLEY by 1 point.

Coming to Nekoni, he hoped that he could have success in the contest. He was not sure whether it was a good or bad omen that he is representing the country after their third win, but nevertheless, he only had a winner's mentality. Performing 5th did make him a bit nervous, but he reassured that it will be okay, and it means that BITC will just have work extra hard.

READING PHONETICALLY
The lyrics below only shows the first 13 lines in Britonish because the rest of the song is in English.

Na noo-tay pen-soo boot tay-is
A daows uh daows desd lev-teh hue
As-peche tay-is von vi-seh - on
Ma corv liv-ee-teh en uh en
No-led-greh vhav cy conmt re-kwal
Vhav cy hackt in plust spek-eh-yar
Zy sit-te uh tell-ul-ot que des-seat spek-eh-year

Per tee-yes-ton schep-roo mon nomb
Too-ten vocks os que eh-coo-toh
Ton tay-is vin-yeh cell-oo ay?
Oo tam ice bue de-vilt oh-pet
Conmt hue, ger a ay - rach-tayh hue
Oe spek-et cloo-zir a ma yir

As we all know, the contest is currently being held in Nekoni, and they to perform 4th. This edition was no different, but Britonisea - for the first time ever - was performing 5th. Britonisea had a tough act to follow, trying to keep up the hype after the host nation performs. Taron Woods, however, did not have the time to worry about that as he was trying to mentally prepare himself for the performance he was about to give. He had a lot of practise, performing in Vha Mehlodhivestoile (three times) in front of crowds over 10,000 people, then again at World Hit Festival in an Olympic Stadium setting, the Pre-Party and of course the Westley Theatre. But it finally got home for him. All of that work, all of the preparing that he had done prior to this moment was all because of the performance he was about to do in Nekoni. The capacity at the WorldVision Song Contest dramatically increased from when we were in Todlichebujoku too - going from 16,000 to 70,000 people (with a few extra squashed in), and to be honest, BITC were not expecting such a huge audience for a WorldVision Song Contest. Nevertheless, they worked with it - they needed to work with it.

Taron Woods stood at the back of the stage with his back to the audience as the Britonish postcard was playing. He took in a large breath before the end of the postcard came up and Britonisea flashed upon the huge screens Nekoni somehow managed to construct. The audience cheered with excitement before eventually dying down - eager for the performing from the reigning champions. As the song started, the lights went crazy in the arena, flickering on and off. It was a long shot, the first camera shot of the performance, really capturing the sheer size of the stadium and the stage that was built. Right before he was about to sing, there was a sound which suddenly got louder. The lights responded by going faster but by the time Taron sang his first syllable, a single spotlight focused on the man. He turned around and started his performance....

Na nootais penseux boute teis
A daus œ daus desde levté hue
Aspeche teis von visé - on
Ma corghv livité en œ en
Knowledgré vhav cy conmte reqouile
Vhav cy hacte in pluste speakear
Zy sitete œ tellulote que desite speakear!

During that last verse, he delighted the public to the language which is starting to get a nod in the Britonish music industry after its recent success. Taron had hoped that he would sing the song fully in Britonish, but under the circumstances he was faced with, he decided that he would sing in both Britonish and English - the best of both worlds, he guessed. He slowly moved forwards as he started singing, with the camera also slowly retrograding. He looked deep in to the microphone and he sang along to the backing track of his song. The staging was the single spot light at the start before he began to sing the next verse.

In the minor pause between the two verses, giving him a chance to breathe, the two dancers - who were with him during the World Hit performance - appeared on the stage, each side of him. They came up behind him as though they were on the floor and they slowly curved their bodies upwards. As he sang, "teiston", there was a sudden change in the colours that featured on the huge screen behind him, with it turning to red and grey distorted waves - giving his performance a quite electric vibe to it. Some of these effects were also added to the camera itself, with the viewers at home, or watching on the huge screens around the arena, being treated to the camera changing from normal colourisation to black-and-white, red monochrome scale before switching right back to the normal colour. At the time, he was still moving forwards, with his two dancers walking side ways, switching sides with one another.

Per teiston schepreux mon nombre
Teuten vokse os que ecouto
Ton teis v'iñe cellueux et?
Ou tam eis beux devilte opet?
Conmte hue, ger a et - rachteé hue!
Oe speakete cluzir a ma yir
Speak louder, raise your voice to me,
Let your voice be heard.

The English section of the whole song had finally come up, and the relief on Taron's face as he started to sing in English was one that you could capture. As he did start to sing in English, he raised his arm right behind his ear - in a cusp position - slowly leaning towards the camera as he sang "Speak louder". The two dancers that were behind him also followed the same action as Taron, putting their hands behind their ears. The camera focused on them, but as the chorus came up, the camera quickly zoomed in on the three men on the stage. The audience suddenly cheered very loudly as the chorus was coming up.

There was a shot facing directly downwards on the three men that were on the stage. The two dancers, who were slightly behind Taron, both put their nearest hand to Taron on his shoulder, behind moving around in a circle. As the chorus proceeded, the camera from the top got closer and closer. There were some projections on the stage floor that were shown as the camera gained ground on the stage floor. Taron focused his attention on the large crowd before the very explosive dance break that was about to come up.

I once saw my path clear,
Now I cannot think straight.
Don't know where I'm going,
Could you tell me my path?
Cuz of you my hands start to shake,
And my heart is about to break.
Per tandemme cy ecouto teuten vokse!

The Britonish line which is the title of the song, "Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse", was sang loudly in to the microphone by the Briton. After he sang it, the stage quickly went dark. The camera quickly shot to a wide angle of the stage. In the very small, quick lead up in to the dance break. The white lights in the arena all flickered on and off (similar to the start of Sweden 2012). That wide shot slowly moved from the right side of the left side before another camera followed under it, quickly zooming in to Taron Woods and his two dancers. The stage's huge LED wall was bursting out colours, flickering red and grey at each bang of the bass in the background.

Taron was bopping side-to-side during the dance break which the dancers copied, though very exaggeratedly. This only lasted for around 8 before the dancers slowly jumped out of the position that they were in, behind Taron, before picking up the pace of their dancing, street dancing, though showing that they were dancing in emotional pain, owing to the lyrics that were being sung. The camera, during this bit, would change every four seconds, zooming in and out on the action, coming from far away and near by. Right before the verse coming up started, the camera on the dolly track was the last one used and stopped as the dance break did. All you could see, if you were watching at home, was Taron standing on the stage from a lower angle.

The dancers came back in to shot as there was a midshot, which slowly moved out. The staging had drastically calmed down from how it once was, with it only showing one plain colour - a dark rouge. As the verse was sung, the dancers slowly moved forwards with one hand on the elbow of the other arm. The free hand on each of the dancer was clicking along to the music.

Can’t you believe what I’ve become?
It’s been years since you left me here,
I told you that I’d reach the top –
A promise that I have kept dear.
I do believe that it was you,
Deep down inside me, helping me.
So what is it that you think you need to tell me?

The LED did not really change during the course of that verse, and that might be because this performance isn't that much focused on the LEDs performance. Taron stopped smiling as he started to sing this verse as be started to feel the pain in the lyrics he was singing. Relating back to the lyrics, he would do certain actions like, "you" was pointing towards the camera, whereas "inside" he held his hand towards his chest. The dancers had also reached Taron by the time the verse was half way through. They were standing around him in a square akin to his performance during the World Hit Festival.

During this bit, coming up, Taron got down on the floor with very rigid movements. He firstly got down with one knee on the stage floor, and the other one up (so marriage proposal stance), before proceeding to get down by putting both his knees on the stage floor. The dancers followed his movements a few seconds behind him, doing this in canon. There was a camera shot of the top of the stage, similar to the shot earlier on in the performance. The projection showed a picture of pictures, though the face on these pictures were not clearly identifiable. This was the case for both dancers who were all on their knees around the centre of the stage.

I’ve worked tirelessly night and day,
To keep my mind and all thoughts sane.
“Distracted my mind from failure,”
A saying that you’d used to say.
Now you’re telling me I’m wrong,
Tell me why you’ve waited so long!
Perhaps it was a mistake you came to speak to me.

Taron jumped up, pointing straight in to a steadicam as it swept it's way across the stage. He then ran, looking up in to the large arena lights - still singing. He said the last bit of that verse as though he was angry at somebody, at something. The lights twinkled behind him, though this was hardly noticeable for those watching the television or screens around the arena.

Can you tell me my path?

Taron Woods was quite exhausted by this point, but he knew that it was all worth-it, and so he carried on singing to the best of his ability. He sang the Britonish line was again before raising his hands high up in to the air, spinning on the spot. There was a camera that circled around Taron, going in the opposite direction, making it look as though he was going faster than he was actually going. The dancers then disappeared leaving Taron on the stage by himself.

The bridge section had finally come. He stopped spinning before looking straight in to the camera with passion. A steadicam came on the stage and zoomed it's way up towards Taron.

So here we are – you’ve got your chance to speak.
Cuz I’ve waited, I really want to know.
Please tell me what I am doing wrong, tell me.
Don’t be scared to disappoint me as I won't be sad.

The final bit was here, one last push. He looked out in to the audience, with a smile slowly growing on his face. The dancers quickly made there way back on to the stage mimicking the movements that Taron was doing.

(Ahhh teuten vokse, I can hear your voice)

At the end of the performance, there was a large bang heard in the arena, and then a large sparkle of gold. The audience then slowly came in with a cheer. Waving Britonish flags were seen from the Britonish contingency. "Thank you, Nekoni, thank you very much for the wonderful hospitality" he said before bowing alongside his dancers. He then walked off the stage ready for the next act: Togonistan.

ENGLISH LYRICS
These are the official English lyrics. Themes and Ideas have been kept, but there may be a few grammatical differences to make the song make sense in the English language.

I had never stopped thinking about you
For Days and days since you left here
Although you were no more, in
my heart you lived on and on.
I knew that you would come back,
That you would have a lot to say...
So sit and tell me what you want to say!

But you are whispering my name,
Your voice is what I hear.
Are you the one calling for me?
Or am I being deceived again?
Come here, next to me - right here!
And speak closely to my ear.
Speak louder, raise your voice to me,
Let your voice be heard.

Can’t you believe what I’ve become?
It’s been years since you left me here,
I told you that I’d reach the top –
A promise that I have kept dear.
I do believe that it was you,
Deep down inside me, helping me.
So what is it that you think you need to tell me?

I’ve worked tirelessly night and day,
To keep my mind and all thoughts sane.
“Distracted my mind from failure,”
A saying that you’d used to say.
Now you’re telling me I’m wrong,
Tell me why you’ve waited so long!
Perhaps it was a mistake you came to speak to me.

Can you tell me my path?

So here we are – you’ve got your chance to speak.
Cuz I’ve waited, I really want to know.
Please tell me what I am doing wrong, tell me.
Don’t be scared to disappoint me as I won't be sad.

(Ahhh teuten vokse, I can hear your voice)
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:25 am, edited 5 times in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:23 pm

06. Togonistan

Alayna Alofi - ''Return''
Tune: Sara de Blue - ''Out Of The Twilight''

Alayna Alofi is a 38-year old singer born in Tushlark, Togonistan. Alayna spent her childhood growing up as the only child in her family. With her father being a full-time military personnel and spending a lot of his time away from home, for most of the time Alayna was raised by her mother alone. Since the age of 6, Alayna has attended personal music classes and through that, grew up to be a full-time professional artist she is now.

By now, Alayna Alofi has become one of the best-selling Togonistanian musicians of all time and has won multiple awards. ''I don't really think about it too much. When I look in the mirror, I sometimes still see this little girl in myself waiting for her father to come home,'' Alayna commented on her successful career.

Alayna Alofi made her way to WorldVision through the grand final of Togonifest (Togonistan's National Final for WVSC) which ended with Alofi crowned a winner after receiving 41% of public votes with her song ''Return.''

''My song has multiple meanings. On one end, it is about my own experience from the childhood. On the other end though, I want to dedicate this song to all the people who are currently serving in the military or have done so in the past, as well as their families waiting for their loved ones to return home,'' Alofi commented on the backstory of her song.

Performance:

Lights on the arena are turned off, with only sources of light on the stage being a lot of candles that have been lit up. The candles are attached to high candle stands (similar to the ones seen in the churches) and in the middle of the stage, Alayna can be seen standing with a microphone placed in front of her. She is wearing a long black gown. Alayna has her eyes closed and as the music starts playing, camera zooms up on her as she opens her eyes and starts singing.

Feeling so forsaken
Part of me has been taken
I'm waiting, waiting

Through the days and nights that have passed
Been waiting, hoping that at last
You'll come, You'll come.

Camera takes another shot, slowly circling around Alayna. Some of the candles are interrupting the field of view between camera and the singer every once in a while. Candles give the stage a very smooth and humble lighting.

In fire and rain
I know you won't drain

Another camera takes a shot of Alayna from the other side. The camera slowly approaches her from the distance, until it turns to face Alayna and zoom up on her.

But I know, you will fight through fire and rain
I wait for you to return
I pray, that these attempts will not be in vain
I wait for you to return
I wait for you to return

Camera fades itself out of focus just a moment before the second chorus starts. For a second, some lights can be seen flashing on the arena before camera takes a shot of the stage from a distance

Getting these flashbacks of memories
Struggling in a reverie
I wait, I wait

Camera takes a close-up shot of Alayna, who is looking into the camera.

Separated you're miles away
To be united one lucky day
Until then, I wait

Camera approaches Alayna from the side as she turns her head and looks into the camera with a sad smile on her face.

But I know, you will fight through fire and rain
I wait for you to return

Camera zooms out of the stage as the background LED screens, which have been black for the whole performance so far, suddenly start showing a glowing golden graphic. It consists of a lot of golden particles slowly moving around on the screen. Alayna presents the audience some facial expressions as she, with some help from her backing vocalists, sings the final part of her song.

(But I know, you will fight through fire and rain
I wait for you to return)
I wait for you to return
(I will wait for you to come) I wait for you
(I will wait for you to come) I wait for you
(I wait for you to return)
(I wait for you to return)
I wait for you to return

Stage returns to it's normal state as it was for the majority of the performance, with all the background graphics fading away, leaving the stage lit up only in candlelight again. Alayna looks deeply into the camera as it takes one last close-up shot of her.

I wait for you to return
I wait for you to return

Alayna end her last line with a sad smile as the music fades out and crowd starts cheering. ''Thank you Varea. Thank you everyone,'' she says into her microphone with a humble smile on her face, before she turns around and leaves.
Last edited by Togonistan on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

The Authoritarian Republic of Lochario
Envoy

Founded: Aug 10, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Authoritarian Republic of Lochario » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:26 pm

07.LOCHARIO
DARI MAKINNEN-HILLS

Dari Makinnen is half Finnish female singer born in Dikat,southern Lochario.Her voice is described as perfect for 21st century songs.Her beautiful voice,charming clothing made her very popular in Lochario.She won qualifiers outnumbering the other participants by 200 points.She will be 7th on the Worldvision stage.

Tune: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gDwVGS75sUA
Picture of the Singer: https://www.pexels.com/photo/portrait-o ... an-255349/

Staging
The song begins in a total darkness and smoke.Dari is wearing a sports bra and jeans.She is highlighted and people can see her even in the darkness.
As soon as the beat drops,the stage gets lighter and the fire effects come to the place with the chandellier dancing to the song's beat,the stage is in the white lights and the dancing team from Zun comes out to the stage.At the beggining of the second drop the pot where she stands goes up and when the beat drops she jumps out of the pot followed by the smoke hiding her.The drop is followed by some fireworks.The end of the song is calmer and the stage is without the effects and Dari is again in the darkness.She hides in a grey blanket.
Lyrics
:
Ain’t no feel, like a real feel
But it goes so fast
All tied up like a rope
I’m on to hills

Used up my skills
Standing on hills,playing pool
I haven’t felt this in ages
I have no more patience
So won’t you please

Stay a bit higher
You’re making me lighter
Making me lighter
Stay a bit higher
You’re making me lighter
Making me lighter

Making me lighter

Ain’t no luck, finding real hill
Gotta know where to look
Hill gets high
And I’m grown up
I’m on to this

Used up my skills
Standing on hills,playing pool
I haven’t felt this in ages
And I have no more patience
So won’t you please

Stay a bit higher
You’re making me lighter
Making me lighter
Stay a bit higher
You’re making me lighter
Making me lighter

Making me lighter

What can I do to make you
Stay a little higher
You’re making me lighter
Making me lighter
Stay a little higher
You’re making me lighter
Making me lighter
Last edited by The Authoritarian Republic of Lochario on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:52 am, edited 10 times in total.

Lachana
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Lachana // Ariel Dava // Evermore

Postby Lachana » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:26 pm

08 | Lachana | Ariel Dava | "Evermore"

Ariel Dava represents Lachana at Worldvision this edition, with "Evermore", a song about LGBT rights globally. The song is written by Ariel herself and is produced by Madame V (the represent for WHF 39).

I am honoured and completely fulfilled in life, now that I'm doing this. This song is my soul, it's my awakening, my justice, my life. No matter what happens tonight, I am sure to do my nation proud. This is my chance to spread my message of equal life for my LGBT brothers and sisters around the world.

An eruption of yellow emerges. Ariel lays on the floor, in a flowy, white summer dress. There are two girls behind her- with microphone stands, staring at the floor. Smoke and mist can be seen on the floor too. The mood is evidently gloomy, with a glimmer of hope- in the form of a single purple spotlight on Ariel.
Be the one to hold me close
Ready for your evermore
Drown out all the noise from those,
Who only want us bleeding.

As she sings this part, she rises to her feet, swaying with her dress. She wanders to the front, as the backing vocalists do the swaying movement as well. The smoke is more prominent this time.
I got a big vendetta tonight
Feeling kinda grey,
I've got a messed-up mind

The camera shot is now widened to include the entire stage. The LED image is now on show.Close-up shots of Ariel come shortly after, as she reaches her hand out for the camera.
Did you good but now you say goodbye
So close but, we're living a lie!

On televisions, augmented stars are seen on the screen.
Keep me close,
All I wanna do is get your hands,
On mine, feel you in my bones

Ariel now stands still. The backing joins her, one standing either side, caressing her.
Now its all on fire
A casanova in the sun
Come and breath my deadly air!
(un, deux, trois, quatre)

Light fire effects bleed from the ceiling. Ariel turns to touch the backing dancer on the left's cheek.
Ready for your evermore

All three interact with the camera, with a lot of close shots of their faces. The fire stops coming and the LED slows down, through it's cycling.
We got that evermore
Evermore lovin'
E-e-evemore, evemore lovin'
We got that evermore
Evermore lovin'
I won't go-oh-oh-oh

The camera shots are tightened, wider but less is seen.
Not gonna face judgment tonight,
Keeping you close,
Don't care who minds
Zooming through the city
Through the bright green lights
Tiny minds, beautiful hearts!

Ariel lays on the floor once again, this time the backing vocalists join her. The camera reveals them from a high up shot. The all are intertwined with each other, sensually stroking each other.
Keep me close,
All I wanna do is get your hands,
On mine, feel you in my bones

On their feet again, they stand in a pyramid to sing the pre-chorus.
Now its all on fire
A casanova in the sun
Come and breath my deadly air!
(un, deux, trois, quatre)

A more intense fire falls, as well as the camera widening to show this. The LED suddenly turns darker, with blue and purple the main colours.
Ready for your evermore

Dancers skip onto the stage in similar outfits to Ariel's. The two are also women, dancing romantically with each other. Flower crowns are on top of their heads. They swing and dance in between Ariel and her singers.
We got that evermore
Evermore lovin'
We got that evermore
Evermore lovin'
I won't go-oh-oh-oh

Blue lights illuminate the whole stage and everyone falls onto the floor- except Ariel. She stands still as everything changes around her. Fake snow drops down, as well as fragments of sparks.
Think I'll love you forever
Creating stars, raining hard in the light
Say you'll miss us together
Even though they hate, I'm gonna try...
Try-y-y...

Massive sparkling effects now show, behind everybody. It drops down from the top of the stage like rain, and as this happens, it seems as though tears are emerging on Ariel's face.
We got that evermore
Evermore lovin'
We got that evermore
Evermore lovin'
I won't go-oh-oh-oh

Everyone continues, with the widest shot yet, showcasing everyone and what they're doing.
Ready for your evermore

The tears are prominent, although, Ariel maintains her voice. In her eyes, it looks like life is flashing before here. Her free hand grips her dress, lightly swaying it.
We got that evermore
Evermore lovin'
We got that evermore
Evermore lovin'
I won't go-oh-oh-oh

"Merci beaucoup, Nekoni! Thank you.". Exiting the stage, the brightness fades.
Last edited by Lachana on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Worldvision Results:
WV64: TBA

Nusalia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nusalia » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:08 pm

09 | Nusalia | Wia Rosmala |
"Everyone"

Tune: Ade Alfa - Terkatung Katung

About Singer;

Wia Rosmala or known as Wia is a Nusalian dangdut genre singer. she is a singer who has been following many musical events when she was 6 years old. she is also known to have distinctive vocals and booming sounds in every her appearances.
Now, she will represented Nusalia in the most prestigious music event in Nationstates, WorldVision Song Contest. her wish to follow this music event is to sing entertaining international audiences from the stage, and not expecting to win, but trying to win.

Wia Rosmala say, "I'll give my best to all".

the music was began with subtle low tones. Wia Rosmala walking slowly from the back of the stage to front of the audience (at middle of the stage, she asked everyone in Mercati Arena, Varea, Nekoni to wave their hands) as she held the microphone on her right hand to her lip. she started to sing.

Everyone become your sweetheart
Everyone who has been to known you
You are the important person
Who has lied every your girls

then she is turning to the musicians with a small smile from her sweet cheek and looks back at the waving audiences.

You who have given me false dreams
Just for your fun and self-consciousness
What the heck, you are a masher
Your love is only a dream in the sky

the music on arena sound melodiously. Wia Rosmala moving her arms as if she is merging with the music, until she began to sing again.

I think I'm just your first and last love
There is no everyone in your heart
But everyone has acknowledged your bastard
There's no way you can avoid it

jazz music played smoothly and back again to normal.

Because everyone hates on your behavior
The heart that always sprouted in my soul
Who was injured in an instant

she ask the audience to wave up again. then all audiences following the direct of her left hand.

You who have given me false dreams
Just for your fun and self-consciousness
What the heck, you are a masher

before entering into the reff, she say "Gopu to bro" to the whole of audiences in front of her. which is typical of her in singing and welcoming the existing audience.

I think I'm just your first and last love
There is no everyone in your heart
But everyone has acknowledged your bastard
There's no way you can avoid it
Because everyone hates on your behavior
The heart that always sprouted in my soul

she took out soft lyrics from her mouth.

the sound of the music slowly and quietly. then she thanks all of them.
Wia Rosmala: "Thank you all! I'll not forgotten this event".

Reported by Musix Channel | Nusalia ©2018
Last edited by Nusalia on Sun May 06, 2018 1:00 am, edited 16 times in total.
N E G A R A -- N U S A L I A -- -- S A T U -- I D E N T I T A S

National Factbook | Nusalian Parliamentary Debates | Air Nusalian | Lapak Diskusi Indonesia

Proluvia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proluvia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:24 am

Entry No.10: PROLUVIA
Tell Me Why
Primo

Based on: Bad Ambassador by The Divine Comedy

Primo are much less 'a band', more 'one front man and a load of his session musician friends'. Surprisingly, this is a mutual aggreement and not one man's attempt to get noticed off a few other guys' work. Just as the front man himself, Nino Haneni. He'd happily play all of the instruments himself, and he indeed could, but it's fairly difficult to be in twelve places at once on the live stage. Primo was designed to be a step into the music industry for freelance session musicians in Nova Truare, Proluvia's capital, and has since expanded to be across the entire country. Whether playing for an album, a concert hall, or a small, initimate set in a pub somewhere, Nino wants as many people to get a taste for how much fun it can be to just perform good music.

With such a heavily rotating line-up, the genres are fairly diverse, with a single Primo album containing everything from hunting orchestral ballads, to baroque pop, indie rock, and even folk inspired songs. However, since the band's creation in 1993, you'll always see Nino at the centre of it all.

This song is a very tongue-in-cheek ode to his wife, Catalina, whom he married in 2016.

The song just uses the main stage area, with the catwalk fully retracted. The stage has been split into four, appearing to be divided into the main parts of the band: we have a string section on the right side, the acoustic rhythm guitar, bass and piano on the left, the drums on a high plinth at the back, and the singer, Nino himself at the front, the stage recessed with stairs on each side. All are wearing smart-casual dress, with men in black collared shirts and dark jeans, the women wearing simple black dresses. Nino has an old-school Gretsch with a natural wood shade, and is wearing a black leather jacket, open, with a red collared shirt underneath, as well as black jeans. As the opening notes begin, the lights darken, with the spotlights focusing on Nino. The background displays a brick wall, from what appears to be an abandoned area of a city, with flyers strewn on them, advertising gigs from 2010. The lights begin to focus on the rest of the band as the drums kick in.

There was a time that three chords and a rhyme
Could make anyone who heard become your new soulmate
We're now in different times
We need more than corny lines

As he sings the next part, Polaroid photos of him appear on the screen behind him, with the year they were took marked on the bottom in permanent marker. They appear to be actual ones from his student days, and yes, he really was as lazy as he says. He was a student, after all.

I've got no real job, my parents think I'm a slob
And with my fair share of half-hearted speed dates
15 years with my guitar
That didn't get me far

The walls on the screen fade away to a night scene in the city.

And yet you've got your eyes on me
I've got no idea what you see

As the chorus hits, the camera focuses on Nino, who smiles at the camera while singing. When he gets to the final line, he stops smiling, and looks slightly perplexed.

I'm so happy you chose to be
With someone average and dull like me
I know that loving you is easy
But please could you tell me why?

During the next part it shows more pictures of Nino's student days, including this lovely disaster which is marked "1983. NO. JUST NO." As he reaches the appropriate point, the text "Rated 5...out of 100." appears beneath.

There's so many other men, that probably rate a 10
That could sweep you off your feet and offer you flowers
And yet you picked a five
I'm not judging your life, but still

We now see a grainy video from what we can presume is a videophone from 2004. Nino is sitting on a greyed out couch, rife with cigarette burns. He is sat wearing an oversized Proluvian football team shirt, and lounge bottoms, eating ravioli from a can watching the football. In the video, he looks up, mid-mouthful, shrugs, as if to say 'what? It's actually nice', and continues eating.

Why'd you pick this man, who eats food raw from a can
And calls it his usual breakfast
And yet you're out with me
What do you mean?

Another grainy video, this time at his birthday, in which someone off-camera slams his head into the cake.

Even though I'll forget your birthday
Somehow you like me another way

We return to the basic camera and background work from the first chorus.

I mean, I'm happy you chose to be
But please could you tell me why?

He closes his eyes to hit the high note incoming, neck cranked, smile as wide as it can be.

Please could you tell me why?

As he hits the solo, we see a collection of clips on the screen of the blossoming of him and Tereza's relationship, starting with nights out, through to spending time at home, lunch with the parents, and eventually the wedding photos.

I'm not ungrateful that you're my girl
You know to me, you are my world

For the final chorus, he sings whilst paper streamers and confetti rain down from above.

And I'm happy you chose to be
But there's thousands better than me
There's so much more fish in the sea

As the song ends, the camera focuses directly on Nino's face, who is still smiling.

So please could you tell me why?

The song ends with the drummer hitting the gong behind him. The audience cheers as hard as ever, and Nino blows a kiss into the camera, saying in his regular speaking volume, "I love you, Terri!" He walks off, yelling "I LOVE YOU TOO, NEKONI!"
Last edited by Proluvia on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nekoni's bit on the side.

Mabuhay Land
Spokesperson

Founded: May 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

11 - Manila, Elena Ramirez (Mabuhay Land)

Postby Mabuhay Land » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:43 am

09 | Manila

Elena Ramirez

Elena Ramirez, a 24-year-old hailing from the capital of Mabuhay Land. She is an engineer, a musician, a singer, a painter, a composer and an actress. She was famed for playing the role "Jianna" in the movie, Kita Kita, filmed in Sapporo, Japan and "Fiona" in the Hollywood movie, The Diary of Ugly (adaption of the Mabuhay Landian movie, Diary ng Panget.) She is a hall of fame awardee in the Billboard Mabuhay Land as she won the first ten times with the most famous songs: Manila, Suntok Sa Buwan (theme song of Kita Kita,) and A Shot to Be Found (theme song of the famous Filipino telenovela, Detective Jack.) She is also an accomplished engineer, designing the Tower of the Clouds in Cebu, Cebu Metropolitan Region and the Bahay Pagasa of the Malacañan Palace. She also fins dancing as a pastime, formerly a member of the FilHarmony, a dance group. She is dating with Sergio Tolentino, a suspected boyfriend of Elena. She is also the Undersecretary for Cultural Affairs of the Department of Education, Culture, and Tourism as she had given some of her paintings to several museums in Mabuhay Land, with the most popular, Karnasyon getting to the hands of the National Museum.

Upon dropping from Proluvia's grand performance, the stage dims with lights of the arena points throughout the crowd. Then a message shows up:
This performance is supported by the Department of Education, Culture and Tourism of the Federal Republic of Mabuhay Land. Mabuhay Land, the land where you can be.

And then again, the screen darkens together with the lights. The background fades into a normal nightscape scene of the Luneta Park, a national park commemorating the national hero, Jose Rizal. Together with traffic, visitors and the guards of the monument (somewhat similar to the Royal Guard of the British Queen), the melody starts with a hum by Elena Ramirez herself. She is found together holding the hand of a male dancer (his speculated boyfriend, Sergio Tolentino) until he said a dialog, starting a skit.
Male Dancer: You have to give me some space.
Elena Ramirez: What do you mean?
Male Dancer: You are pressuring me, I need to go.

The male dancer immediately left Elena. Elena hummed again the tune of "Manila" and that is the start of the true melody. The melody started with everyone looked like they noticed it while Elena is running to the center of the catwalk. She started singing the song in her national language, Filipino.

Manila, oh na na
Iniwan, aking mahal dito sa Maynila
Puso'y nasaktan, kailangan magmove on na nga
Nais kong kasintahan
Makita ko ba sa Maynila
Manila, oh na na

The scene turns into the Quezon Memorial Circle, with the monument of the second president, Manuel Quezon.

Manila, oh na na
Maghanap, bagong kasintahan
Puso'y nasaktan, kailangan magmove on na nga
Nagdate, nilibot ang Maynila
Wala akong napala
Manila, oh na na

The music turns from jazz to a classical form. A table appears with memorabilia from Manila and Filipino delicacies (which made the audience actually hungry, increasing sales of popcorn in the Mercati Arena.) While the scene turns into the Nat'l Theatre, the performers of the Kanta Na! Song Festival started to step up to the stage while, together with Elena, sings these verses, in English:

Manila, full of sights and sounds for us to see
There's Intramuros, BGC
Ocean Park, MOA, The Grandstand
Alabang, Rizal Park and QMC. (ooh)
I would like to see, and make it see.
Take it on me, I'll pay the [fare in the] jeepney
Or kalesa, if you want a historic feel
Eat Adobo or Sinigang
How about Halo-halo (icy as can be)
This is the history of Manila to be. (to be)
I can take you from Navotas to Makati
Including Malolos and Batangas, if you wish
I'm getting fascinated, baby

Finally, in the end, all of the elite singers of Mabuhay Land shows up on stage, greatly surprising the audience. Together with Delfin Selaques-Aelkacid (Asia's Songbird), Xhristyan Vautixta (Asia's Pop Balladeer) and Juli Ann Saen Jousie (Asia's Pop Princess) and spearheaded by the Kanta Na! Finalists, they walk to the catwalk, giving handshakes and high-fives to the audience. They finally end the song:

Manila, oh na na
Mahal ko pala, ang lunsod Maynila.
Ito, kanlungan ng pusong nasaktan
I love you, yes you, Manila
kasama ang Mabuhay Land
Manila, oh na na

Elena shouts, "Thank you Varea! Thank you Nekoni! Thank you, the world!" They throw several merchandise related to them and then, the stage slowly darkens to show the next act.
Last edited by Mabuhay Land on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Republikang Pederal of MABUHAY LAND
Maka-diyos, Makatao, Makakalikasan, Mapagmahal, Makabansa

Balitang Mabuhay Water bills rises again due to price rebasing| Capul Tunnel, connects Samar and Bicol by car | Overseas Workers Conference, created with Kuwait and others | Internal cleansing intensifies after discovery of "cop-rupt"
International Palestine, revolts against Jerusalem after goverment move| Amazon given independence, given half of Brazilian budget | United Nations, made South Africa as Kinhasa''s mandate

Adab
Negotiator

Founded: May 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:21 am

12. ADAB
J. Baraka Mahmoud - "At the Top"
Tune: Bruno Mars - Finesse
Language: English
J. Baraka Mahmoud at home

Background
First we need to address the elephant in the room. Kinan al-Salaman, Adab's torchbearer for twenty-one consecutive WorldVision editions, officially announced his retirement from the WorldVision stage following the conclusion of the 63rd contest. His announcement surprised absolutely no one; it was no secret that al-Salaman was by now increasingly discontent with WorldVision - even if the public wanted him to continue - and that relations between him and Emperor Tizqar III, who had hitherto ensured that al-Salaman kept his WorldVision spot even as calls mounted for his replacement by a newer act, had been deteriorating for some time, no doubt due to al-Salaman's desire to withdraw from the stage that had catapulted him to fame and focus on running the Al-Salaman Group, whose stranglehold on the Adabian music industry seemed to be increasing by each passing day and was now beginning to expand beyond music.

Despite rumors to the contrary, Al-Salaman was adamant that he would never again return to the contest, and indeed revealed in an interview with The Adab Times that he had sent to the Emperor and fellow music executives a list of acts - all signed, of course, to Al-Salaman Records - that he thought deserved a chance of representing Adab on the next WorldVision contest. The unspoken assumption was that they would choose one of those acts. Al-Salaman, for his part, was not entirely willing to let go of WorldVision after all. He asked the Emperor agree to a five-edition contract confirming him as "Adab WorldVision songwriter"; that is, the chosen act for each of the next five WorldVision editions would have to sing something that al-Salaman had written just for the occasion. Should this arrangement prove successful (it is not clear how "success" here is defined), the contract would be extended for another five editions, or perhaps indefinitely.

Next came the twist: the Emperor agreed to the contract, but for some reason stipulated that he himself would choose the act and that he would personally approve al-Salaman's music and lyrics. Al-Salaman initially rejected this, claiming that he, rather than the Emperor, was entitled to "creative control" in this situation and then explicitly demanding that the Emperor choose between the acts that al-Salaman had suggested. Why al-Salaman eventually agreed to the Emperor's stipulation is unknown, but it is rumored that the Emperor was so displeased with al-Salaman's "insolence" that he threatened either to personally declare the Al-Salaman Group an illegal monopoly or to have the Supreme Court do exactly that; both would probably have resulted in the conglomerate being broken up anyway. The Emperor, using his power and position as leverage, had beaten al-Salaman at his own game. Now the latter found himself having to write for the Emperor's candidate and hope that the Emperor would agree to his song.

21 and very much on the rise, J. Baraka Mahmoud hailed from a lower-class family in Ramallah, capital of the Palestine Governorate. Inspired by a musician uncle, he dropped out of school at 17 and spent much of his time at music studios; originally interested in hip hop, he came into contact with house music and was determined to create a career out of it. Quite like al-Salaman himself, Mahmoud started out in the bars, cafes, and mansion parties, collaborating with several singers in the process, slowly refining his musical skills and gaining a loyal following. How exactly he came to be noticed by the Emperor - or whoever suggested him to the Emperor (al-Salaman believed the Emperor was too old and busy to care about contemporary music) - is disputed, although it is known that at least a few of the Emperor's grandsons and great-grandsons were fans of the house musician's work. Though initially skeptical of Mahmoud, al-Salaman was eventually won over by the youngster's charm and commitment to his craft. Al-Salaman, for his part, was intrigued by the idea of composing a house song, a genre that he had never tackled before. Recording sessions commenced at al-Salaman's mansion, the Alwalid, and the project seemed to be getting off to a good start.

For a while, at least. Palace officials started pestering the Alwalid with constant telephone calls, at the beginning exhorting al-Salaman and Mahmoud to create a "patriotic" song that would "carry the glorious name of Adab to the stage" (claiming that this was the Emperor's desire), later claiming that the Emperor desired a more "mainstream" and "radio-friendly" (in other words, no house) song, and finally explicitly demanding a rock, pop, or R&B song to account for consumers' tastes and ensure maximum chart success. Demos sent to the Emperor were returned with demands to make the song more "listenable", "accessible", and "less alienating". Later on, al-Salaman would claim that he had written a "house-tinged song about having a good time", which he regarded as one of his best and most inspired compositions in a long time and a "lost masterpiece", and that throwing it away was one of the greatest mistakes of his life. It damaged the relationship between al-Salaman and Mahmoud and especially enraged the latter; for a man who had spent much of his early life and career defying mainstream trends in his country, being forced to sing a mainstream song was a grave insult. Mainstream pop and rock were also quite out of his comfort zone and he was not sure whether he would be comfortable taking the mic himself, though al-Salaman believed that he had a good enough voice.

Nevertheless, both felt that they were in no position to oppose the Emperor's (alleged) wishes and reluctantly obeyed. They started from scratch, writing a song that would suit the tastes of the market, even if they were now driven more by a sense of obligation than sheer enthusiasm. "We had a lot of ideas on how the song should sound, but in the end we had to throw it all away and start from the beginning," Mahmoud said in an interview with The Adab Times. "The market does like the end result, though, and it's not that bad, and it's certainly a unique song in its own way, so I suppose that's a consolation, but I know a lot of people out there who think we should have stuck with the original plan."

The performance
The stage was set for Adab's first foray into the WorldVision Song Contest without Kinan al-Salaman. The camera zoomed at the giant background video wall, now showing red, white, green, and black stripes, the colors of the Adabian flag. After a while, all those colors morphed into what seemed to be a mishmash, only to fade to black within seconds. This darkness on the screen did not last long, though, giving way to the proper Adabian flag, displayed in all its glory as the lights above and around the stage flashed constantly. This naturally elicited applause from the Adabians who had traveled all the way to Nekoni to support their man, even if some of them were not familiar with the man and his music. The stage was bathed in glowing blue, with occasional flares of red.

The necessary equipment had been set up rather hurriedly following the conclusion of the previous act's performance, thus allowing J. Baraka Mahmoud and his newly-assembled band - who would also provide backing vocals tonight - to jump into the action as soon as they were onstage. As the Adabian flag on the video wall dissipated into footage of the streets of Adab City, pedestrians and traffic and skyscrapers rising in the background and all, Mahmoud and his band entered the view of the some seventy thousand gathered at the Mercati Arena to cheers and raucous applause, especially from the Adabian delegation, who happened to be among those occupying the front rows and rose to their feet to greet their man. Lost in the crowd several rows behind the delegation was Kinan al-Salaman, blending in so as not to attract too much attention, hoping that his young protégé would give his all tonight, knowing that the very best had been robbed from him thanks to bureaucratic meddling.

Wearing a white, somewhat faded "Disco Sucks" shirt and jeans, Mahmoud greeted his audience with a smile and, slightly raising his arms, clapped back at them. He danced and waltzed his way down the catwalk to the mic at the other end, as the backing musicians assumed their respective positions. Whatever problem he had with the government, with al-Salaman, and with everyone else was set aside for now; he was determined to do his best, even though sometimes he had little desire to.

"What's up, y'all?!" Mahmoud shouted into the mic, taking it from the stand and mustering his widest smile of the night so far. "I dedicate this song to my country Adab, His Imperial Majesty the Emperor Tizqar III, and my man Kinan al-Salaman. LET'S ROLL!"

Baby, you look so darn fine tonight
And you gotta know it's driving me mad
Yeah, let me take you out for a ride
And shout all the blessings we have now

'Cause when I'm thinkin' 'bout us
I can't stop thinkin' about it all
Baby, do we deserve this?
Yeah, honey, you gotta listen to me
I was raised in the slums
Yeah, I was raised in all the low places
How did I rise from it all?
That's right

Mahmoud was now sashaying across the catwalk back to the main stage, extending his arms and seemingly making a gesture to his backing band. Singing was turning out not to be as torturous as the young man had imagined, and everyone would agree that his voice was not too bad. In fact, he had the range. He made a mental note to thank al-Salaman for those quick vocal lessons. Meanwhile, more and more in the crowd were rising to their feet and dancing to the beat.

At the top because o' the divine grace
And the folks around you and me
The top because o' the divine grace
Motherland, motherland
Motherland, motherland

"It's getting a bit hot up here," Mahmoud said as he opened his shirt, revealing his muscular build to cheers from many in the crowd as others contemplated the song. Yet it was far from an attempt at a show-off; Mahmoud was genuinely sweating and it showed. Somewhere in that vast, vast crowd, Kinan al-Salaman smiled to himself. The kid was doing pretty good. Perhaps the Emperor - or whoever chose Mahmoud - didn't make a bad choice after all.

When we drive that night from Adab City
To Baghdad, Bethlehem, to the Sinai
I thank my lucky stars every mile o' the way
Nothing could stop the greatest people

And when I'm thinkin' 'bout us
Baby, we deserve all this
That's right

The video wall at the back was now showing a map of Adab, spanning from the Sinai to the Zagros. The provinces were shown and the largest cities noted on white, all-caps letters splashed across the map, with the cities' date of founding and population also shown. The stage, which had hitherto been a sea of blue and occasionally red and green, now turned into a giant Adabian flag.

Motherland, motherland
Motherland, motherland

Mahmoud strolled around the stage, waving at the audience, smiling at his band, and blowing kisses. His countrymen in the audience were either cheering him or dancing excitedly. Many others were also doing that, and the scene before him warmed the young man's heart. Much to his surprise, he was doing quite well.

People hold hands together and unite our minds
We gon' be one force, one force to face it all
From the Sinai to the Zagros, we gon' make it good
When holy mother calls, we'll say

Yeah, we gon' have it all done, gon' have it all done
Aren't we lucky we're here?
Baby, we gon' have it all done
Baby, it feels good to be here

The lights kept flashing above and around the stage. Mahmoud was now on his knees just behind the center of the main stage, as the song inched towards its conclusion. The shirt that he had taken off had been lying on the floor, but now Mahmoud rose, grabbed the shirt, and walked to the end of the catwalk, where the mic stand stood. He put the mic back in its place... and threw the shirt to a random section of the audience. Almost immediately there was a commotion as everyone seemingly tried to get their hands on the shirt.

Motherland, motherland
Motherland, motherland

The song stopped rather abruptly; there was no fade-out. The video wall turned black, the Adabian flag disappeared from the stage floor leaving it clothed in dark blue, and the lights dimmed somewhat amid the cheers and applause. For someone who was not very enthusiastic about performing his song and was uncertain about his singing ability, Mahmoud did his job really well. Excellent, many would perhaps say. Mahmoud gathered his backing band for a final bow, after which they made their way backstage.
Last edited by Adab on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Male, 23, Indonesian

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my puppet/secondary nation IRL).

Factbook

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

Vartugia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vartugia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:31 am

13.Vartugia

Filler-Man and Dick Arms- " Just a typical Vartugian song, that makes you question that letting Vartugia sing was a great fucking idea, given they only sing shitsong and sometime have a long title becase screw you thats way we are the best lol this is a long title that makes you scrool in [pre] can i det the record for the longest title now or is it too long beacue i this tittle is just 80% filler. (Aka WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Varty!)

With capitalism flopping and communism being itself, our two heroes try "ultra-nationalism" as a way to either win or to get 0 points. They are more for the ladder, but its hard because Y`ALL GIVE US YOUR POINTS WHEN WE DONT WANT IT!

We geing this fest by Dick Arms blowing a trumpet in the ear. They keep dancing like they are drunk Russian on a Friday night out on Moscow. They sings so badly, they fuck up the musicplayer and they just stand there.

We are gonna sing happy song
Sing happy song
We gonna say *Rip in Peace, English*
*That’s is how English died*

We are gonna smash your ass
Gonna smash your ass
Asking why this song dumb?
Why this song dumb?

We drunk to much øl*.
To much øl
We are gonna drug down on mine app
Drug down on mine app

Gonna smash your ass
Why this song dumb?

This is so wery dank 4 you
Dank 4 you
We let tp Songing a meme sung
Songing a meme sung

Gonna smash your ass
Why this song dumb?

We sings in utterly noncene
Utterly noncene
No propganga here. Dont stop at Labour
Dont stop at Labour

Gonna smash your ass
Why this song dumb?
Why this song dumb?

They run away in order not to get points...

OK NEXT!!!!!!

*Øl= Beer in Norwegian
Last edited by Vartugia on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Puppet of Darkmania

You are reading this signature, didn't you? If so, then have a nice day, and may whatever you believe in bless you.

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015

-WIP-

Postby Darkmania » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:45 am

THE LIVESTREAM

DaTV offers a free, non geo-blocked live stream for anyone to watch on, regardless on whatever they live.This time, we meet Jërn Fërndersön. He is somehow dipshit crazy over WV and WHF. And he often likes to make bad and awful jokes.

Besen stuck here and for their second entry, i see they have a potential. I predict that a win might come soon.

Well... Platy Boi might have the death-spot, but this.....

-

-

I was watching Vha Mehlodhivestoile. Its a shame Junteräpten didnt win. But Anyway, I'm hyped for "Junteräpten" at WHF in Darkmania.

-

07. Lochario
-

-

-

-

WHERE IS THE KING, THE LEGEND KINAN AL-SALAMAN?!?

Vartugia clearly don't know how to English. What the fuck is this shit?!? It's like a poorly made Serbian propaganda video from the 90`s but recorded on a NorthKorean sound recorder on full volume. I know that Vartugia is known for their earrape-industry. This one is just... So bad, its fucking awful. Vartugia, I expected more of you. STOP WITH YOUR EAR-RAPE. MY EARS ARE BLEEDING BECAUSE OF YOU!!!

*He missed this one, due to reading news about the preparationsDarkmania does do to hosting WHF for the first time. Ah well, maybe next time*

Gonna love the most iconic

16. Talvezout
-

-

19. Normandy and Picardy
-

-

22. Kwadai
-

-

-

From the country that are rich in them self,

Rick Legg are back.... I have no comment on that [bleep bleep]-entry. Pass.
Last edited by Darkmania on Thu May 03, 2018 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015

Postby Darkmania » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:46 am

14.Darkmania

Crÿst Rÿstermöd- "Skrive En Sang

Darkmania may not be the most ative at WorldVision, as they focus (and won) at World Hit Festival. But they will come back once in a while to take part. Once agian. Its been like a while. So we came back. To add blantant filler.

Crÿst begins his entry in a special place. He begins at the makeup table backstage as we see the "getting ready" when he already is ready. There are literally no one on stage right now as the entry beings. He wears his usual style, ("metro-youth", aka the stile as on his picture) style but has a cap-back look.
Jeg er i humør 
(I am in happines)

Skal skrive sang
(Gonna write a song)

Bli med på reisen
(Join me on the trip)

Når jeg skriver en digg sang
(When i write an awesome song)

Crÿst, after sitting doing his first verse decided to rise up. The makeup-artists reacts normal and doesn't care much. He is seen walking toward the stage, passing backstage stuff. The backstage crew gets their 15 minutes of fame from this.

Alle store sangvalg 
(All great tunechoices)

Alle tar en kjent sang
(I take a known song)

Jeg vet ikke hva jeg velger nå
(I dont know what i choose now)

Går for denne
(Goes for this)

After much walking, he is still not on the main stage. The backup

Husk å skrive ord, skrive ord 
(Rember to write words, write words)

Språket skal spres ut
(Language shall spread out)

You can be bi-lingual
Når du skriver din låt
(When you write your song)

He is now on the main stage. He is joined by his backup dancers and singers, dressed in grey suits.

Aldri gi opp 
(Never give up)

Fordi den gir deg glede
(Because it gives you happines)

Glede smitter til de andre
(Happines spread to the other)

Så hør nå etter
(So listen now)

He finally reaches the stage. He and his backup dancers go into position and they begin to dance a short dance. The background is all colourfull

Skriv, skriv, skriv, skrive en sang 
(Write, write, write, write a song)

Lag en syk bra sang til de andre
(Write a sick good song they other)

Fin en god sang som du liker og bruk den godt
(Find a good song you like and use it good)

La andre danse til din spesiele låt
(Let other dance to your special song)

Kreativiten din kommer frem nå
(Your creatity comes across you)

A bass-guitar player now joins the Crÿst and his crew. The bass-player mostly stands on one place and plays the bass-solos on tune.

Skrive en sang 
(Write a song)

As he is about to sing, we see a moment where by pure accident, one of the backupdancers smack with a Steady-cam thats run across the stage. This ends up getting 6 million plays on GlueTube.

Skrive en sang 
(Write a song)

Skrive en sang
(Write a song)

Hva skal jeg synge om? 
(What shall i song about?)

Valget er vanskelig
(The choice is hard)

Himmlen er grensen
(Sky`s the limit)

So du har mye å velge
(You have a lot to choose from)

Tenk deg godt om 
(Think good on your chioice)

La det strømme frem
(Let it flood foward)

Du er så veldig kreativ i deg.
(You are so creative in you)

En stjerne inni deg tenner på
(A star in you is shining)

(Rember to write words, write words)

Språket skal spres ut
(Language shall spread out)

You can be bi-lingual
Når du skriver din låt
(When you write your song)

Aldri gi opp 
(Never give up)

Fordi den gir deg glede
(Because it gives you happines)

(Happines spread to the other)

Så hør nå etter
(So listen now)

Skriv, skriv, skriv, skrive en sang 
(Write, write, write, write a song)

Skrive en sang 
(Write a song)

Skrive en sang
(Write a song)

Et setning igjen på teksten 
(One line to finish the song)

Sangen er nå ferdig
(Song is now done)

På tide å legge den ut.
(Time to post it)

La de andre lese på din heite låt
(Let the other read your hot song.)

(Skrive en sang) Skri-iiiv en sang 
( (Write a song) Wri-iiii-te a song)

Skrive en sang 
(Write a song)

Skrive en sang 
(Write a song)

Skrive en sang
(Write a song)

The audience reacts hugely positively to the song and they end up cheering. "Thank you so much" Crÿst says (in a Scandinavian accent) and rushes to the Greenroom.

The audience shuts up, so the next country can peform their song-
Last edited by Darkmania on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:46 am

15. IZMEDU
Sabina Vidas - Dvie jamne u-usamljenom svitu

Translation: Two Souls in a Lonely World
Tune: Annalisa - Il mondo prima di te

“It's a strange quandary, this thing called love. It ebbs and flows, you are fine with it, you let it exist in your heart. Sometimes, you find your world destroyed, and the only gravity you have is the heart of another person. It's something that I can't take for granted.” - Sabina Vidas

“30 editions, everyone. Never thought we'd make it to this point. Let's make this one count.”

Sabina shared a glass of clear liquid with many in the delegation. Coming off a successful run in the Junterapten Pre-Party and a close win in Izmepisma, Sabina's journey to the WorldVision stage in Nekoni ran rather smoothly. So disturbingly smooth that it disturbed Sabina as she rehearsed and perfected the entry. Granted, she knew the road to Izmepisma itself was one marked with turmoil, trouble, and things she'd rather forget about. When it came time to writing the song, it was an easy experience for her to transpose her troubles onto the page. The hard part was the experience surrounding everything; and the very she nearly lost herself in her own craft until someone was able to catch her out and ground her center of gravity.

Sometimes, I forget that sometimes something as cliché as being with another person does legitimately help.

Sabina Vidas is a singer hailing from Izmedu's capital, Vodiznad. Originally once a bar singer since her adolescence, her claim to fame was a chance record deal to which a lucky night in one of Vodiznad's bar as a 20 year old led her to being signed by an Izmeduan music executive. Her voice was often a commodity among bar patrons, described as a siren like yet also gleaming with power. She had the power in her adolescence to be able to catch an uncaring Izmeduan crowd and hold them to rapt attention once she was able to unleash the power of her voice. It was notable enough to be able to get inadvertently signed to a record deal to one of Izmedu's most powerful music labels, specifically NoviGlas Records. From there, Sabina started to make a name for herself as an elegant, yet big-voiced diva that can also pen songs for other artists.

She would pen songs for artists such as herself, part of a project of reinventing the Izmeduan language to suit it better for a newer style of pop. This led to modest success for a decade, her songs and albums always doing well enough for Sabina to avoid the dreaded yearly cleanout for artists; but she never had quite the breakout moment either. This led many Izmeduan fans to speculate that she would be perfect choice to enter WorldVision. However, Sabina never really quite entered the contest, or Izmepisma for two reasons. One, even if it was long ago, she feared her style of voice was too similar to Polkopia's WorldVision 39 winner, Victoria Magdalena, for her to stand a decent chance. Secondly, her years in the music industry as a halfway there but not quite there artist led her to become obsessed with her craft, always finding ways to become better, to become more popular.

This consumed Sabina in a way where she almost lost herself, becoming such a musical workhorse. Even if this satisfied her label that wasn't precisely the most compassionate towards their artists' musical welfare, people who did know were getting concerned at the unflappable way she was working for the past 10 years. Her pain and internal struggles were a profound sense of loneliness that especially got more intensified as she turned 30 years old. At one point, she became so lost in her own work, became so lost in her music, that when one asked her who she was outside of the label bubble; Sabina was at a genuine loss of how to respond. Existential crises were par for the course in Izmeduan life, but Sabina never expected that one would ever come to her stead.

This existential crisis and ensuing break was how she was able to get her bearings together to produce “Dvie jamne u-usamljenom svitu.” The entry itself came at a time when she was at her most lost, when not even trying to force music became productive. It was around this time, during her period of absolute listlessness, that Sabina was able to find someone that she could actually say she genuinely loved. She didn't want to divulge details of who her lover was, or how they specifically helped her. However, after two years away from the limelight and spending time reconnecting with herself and fostering her new romantic relationship, Sabina knew that she read rather stereotypically. She was a lucky case that was able to rekindle her spirit because of the help of a person that was able to take her at very worst, and still accept her for who she really is.

The very basis of the narrative behind her eventual WorldVision entry were born there. Knowing that she wanted to be able to better balance her professional obligations and aspirations with her added life ones, Sabina decided not to be overly ambitious and kept the song as a single only affair, not wanting to go quite as far as crafting a full album. She really only submitted to Izmedu's WorldVision team for the call for Izmepisma entries as a 'just for fun' exercise. She wasn't expecting to get picked, much less actually go all the way win the entire thing.

Despite the now added higher profile image and pressure to her name, Sabina kept one thing in mind as she rehearsed the entry in Nekoni. She needed to keep perspective close to her to make sure that she wouldn't lose herself.

The weight of 30 editions now bore on her shoulders. With one last nod to the delegation, she walked off to the stage.

-The Izmeduan language is a somewhat hybridized version of the Croatian language and the extinct Dalmatian language, speakers of any South Slavic language should be able to follow the song without translations to a certain extent. Izmeduan also uses a slightly different spelling format as it follows the 'Ikavian' dialect and form of the Common Slavic jat reflex. Words such as 'Svijet' in standard Croatian are 'Svit' in Izmeduan.
-In this current version of Izmeduan (not shared by our JWHF entries), the Izmeduan language has more elements borrowed from the Dalamatian language, and thus there are more romantic influences resonating within the language than before.
-Izmeduan borrows its entire alphabet from Croatian, including all of its diacritics.
-Č is pronounced with a hard 'ch,' like the word Church
-ć is pronounced with a soft 'ch,' like the word Child
-š is pronounced with an 'sh' sound, like the word Sheep
-ž is pronounced with a hard z-like 's' sound on a second syllable, like the 's' in the word Measure
-A translation is provided at the end of the entry

Stage lights billowed down to the center at the advent of the Izmeduan entry, the Mercati Arena being drenched in darkness at the crowd cheer. Sabina stood near the stairwell leading up to the highest level of the stage, one foot on the steps and looking towards the side of the stage. The Izmeduan entry began proper when a set of moody, low piano notes overcame the arena; silencing the crowd cheer. A red hue began to overtake the Mercati Arena stage, as Sabina can be heard humming to the melody of the piano. The camera view then began to take dramatic cuts that displayed Sabina in various dramatic angles. The camera switching would cease, and we would end with a view that was rather close to Sabina, with her eyes staring down the camera.

Noćas sturim čavje slomljen i slab
Yo izgjubljen sam
U infiarnu korpru
Ova mauru pustopljina
Bio jednom mi dom
Samo vi ostanete

The screen behind her would slowly display a picture of a barren wasteland, a wind effect being slowly applied to the stage as Sabina sang this first verse with a tone of contemplation. Her hair looked to be gently flowing about, as the camera focused on alternating close and far views of the stage; emphasizing an intimacy and scale of her present loneliness. The world behind Sabina looked like a disparate wasteland, with brief details of sand dunes and long-forgotten ruins that decayed for millenia. At the last line, the camera view was directly on her, as she was entreating directly to the viewer.

Previše ožiljaka su conu
Da me providili jako
Ožili ovu zemlju
Jednom bialom
Jamo porušenu
Ovo nije nuestra dom
Da ne možemo koriti

The shift to the pre-chorus was subtle, with the song maintaining that sense of soft melancholy as Sabina got through the paces of the song, each lyric delivered with downcast eyes. The screen began to reflect on some of the lyrics; the screen world behind Sabina looking like it was beginning to fall apart, the reality behind her becoming distorted to the point of a surrealist painting. Regardless, the camera focus emphasized Sabina, her body language slightly hushed, her hands often stretched out to invite the viewer in, yet her demeanor remaining cool.

Samo nuestra sjećanja postoje čavje
Kao destinur određuje muremo

This part of the pre-chorus made itself more known, as the song's production took a subtle shift in intensity as a drum beat was made evident on the instrumental backing. Sabina began to move around, moving closer to the audience as the camera views began to transpose her more effectively on the large screen behind her. At the final line before the chorus, her eyes were closed, the camera taking on a dramatic zoom out just briefly before the chorus.

Vidim te u daljini
Tvoja ljubaur poziva za mene
Čak-kad la svita
Potkazalo naš
Mui zajedno, preživljavamo
Živimo kao

At the song's chorus, Sabina let her vocals out in full force for the first half of the chorus. The camera angled itself in a mid-singular view where it looked like Sabina was almost a part of the screen graphics on the back wall. The world behind her had descended to a temorary chaos as she sang, as if any semblance of reality began to fall apart. The one constant was a wisp of energy that represented the song's central concept, a soul. The lights flashed a variation of red and orange during the chorus, intensifying throughout until the end, where the lights and the screen would dim slightly. Sabina turned to her right, the camera view crafting the illusion that she was looking directly at the 'soul' that lingered next to her position.

Noćas sturim čavje preumorni
Yo izgjubljen sam
Unutar kaosa
Jamo samo vidim nuestre ožiljke
Oni odražavaju samrtni svemir

For the more urgent second verse, the camera view returned to a close view of her as the screen behind her a world slowly blurred to chaos and non-sense. It looked more and more like a surreal painting, with Sabina's whole frame imposed on it as the only thing that made any logical sense. It proved a jarring juxtaposition as she sang, befitting the tone of resignation yet desperation in her expression and singing. The lights would gradually shift from red to purple during this verse.

Previše ožiljaka su conu
Da me providili jako
Ožili ovu zemlju
Jednom bialom
Jamo porušenu
Ovo nije nuestra dom
Da ne možemo koriti
Samo nuestra sjećanja postoje čavje
Kao destinur određuje muremo

For this pre-chorus, the soul was slowly swirl around Sabina's location as she would be slowly pacing around, the continued beat making the song more urgent and fuller. Despite it, her delivery reamined contemplative, carrying the pre-chorus with the same sense of solemnity even despite the screen world still falling apart behind her. The surrealism began to subside for a little bit, especially at the last three lines. For the final two lines of the pre-chorus, the camera then focused on a cinematic view alternating between Sabina and the wider stage.

Vidim te u daljini
Čak-kad la svita
Potkazalo naš
Živimo kao

At the reprise of the chorus, the lights in the Mercati Arena would shine with a blistering mix of red and purple as the song was at its most intense. Guitar notes, beats, and a slight electronic production dominated the haunting instrumental as Sabina let even more of her vocals loose. Her belting would create a chilling vocal effect that would reverberate around the Mercati Arena slightly. On the screen behind her, the world again descended into the chaos of surrealism. The only thing that can be seen to approach Sabina as she walked around the stage was just the wisp of energy that represented the soul. At the last half of the chorus, Sabina set herself close to the screen, the camera angling itself to present the illusory trick as earlier. Sabina could be seen staring at the soul, of which it was beginning to form to a whole, new person.

At the end of the chorus, Sabina belted out the song's title. The camera focused on the glory note, with her arching her back as she held that note. Once the note ended, she looked to have stared at the camera in front of her, before that view would fade to a close-up of the screen with the 'soul.' Anita's hand can be seen reaching out and as soon as she got close, the soul quickly faded. The lights disappeared except for a small spotlight Sabina.

Ne gubiti se
Nemoj nas pustiti
Mi cre će ostati
Hoćeš li biti conmaic?

This bridge was brief, involving Sabina lookig down as she descended down to the lower parts of the stage and sat down on the stairs. The camera would focus on a close view of her as it circled around her slowly, the intimacy of the mood matching just how close the views were on her. The instrumental was calm, almost exposed down to a lonely guitar. Her vocals matched that of the tone she used for the verses, her expression pleading and reaching out for the viewer at the end of the bridge.

Vidim te u daljini
Čak-kad la svita
Potkazalo naš
Živimo kao

The final reprise of the chrous would start off uniquely. The softened instrumental would remain as Sabina sat the first six lines of the chorus. Behind her, the world that deformed into a surrealist reality would come back. It was still a corrupted messs of a world, but it began to reform itself ever-so-slightly, even as the pieces on the screen didn't vividly felt or were even more horrifying than earlier. There was the appearance of the soul character once more, who began to swirl around the screen as Sabina built up to the song's title.

When Sabina belted out the song's title, she let her inhibitions and fears go, letting her vocals soar as the camera once more rotated around her for the first line. For the second and and third repetitions, the camera took a more cinematic, fixed approach. At the third line, Sabina turned back to the same spot where she discovered the soul from the chorus. The camera took an angle to a deliberate view where Sabina looked as if she were directly on the screen itself. Sabina's hands can be seen holding the soul on the screen's, the once swirling ball of energy now taking on a human form and 'holding' Sabina's hands as the song ended.

Sabina blew kisses and thanks to the crowd when the entry was confirmed to be finished.

"Hvala!" She shouted, going backstage.

I stand here broken and frail
Where I'm lost
In hell's embrace
This wasteland
Was once my home
Only you remain

There are too many scars
That hurt deeply
And they mark this earth
Once beautiful
Now destroyed
This is not our home
We can't escape from it

Only our memories exist here
As destiny determines that we fall

I see you in the distance
Your love calls for me
Even when the world
Betrays us
But together, we survive
We live as
Two souls in a lonely world

I stand here too weary
Where I'm lost
Within chaos
Now I see our scars
They reflect on our dying universe

There are too many scars
That hurt deeply
And they mark this earth
Once beautiful
Now destroyed
This is not our home
We can't escape from it

Only our memories exist here
As destiny determines that we fall

Your love calls for me
Even when the world
Betrays us
But together, we survive
We live as

Don't fade away
Don't let this go
My heart will remain
But will you be with me?

Your love calls for me
Even when the world
Betrays us
But together, we survive
We live as
Last edited by Izmedu on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:23 am, edited 7 times in total.
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:19 pm

16 - Talvezout
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:30 pm

17. Antahbrantahstan

Kevin Wang-Perfect Couple
Tune: Simple Plan-Perfectly Perfect

We see the stage, dark, then, as sounds of guitar strums slowly plays, the stage lightens up, the LED screen shows a black-and-white image of a park, and there are flowers, benches and grasses around the stage, on the middle pf the stage is a bench, Kevin sat there, wearing a grey suit and a white tie, alongside what seemed a Caucasian woman around his same age, she has some freckles on her face, Kevin sang to her, but the woman doesn't seem to care.
Senyummu menghangkatkan hati
Tapi engkau selalu sedih
Ku Tanya, “mengapa kau begini?”
Jawabanmu tersimpan di hati
Diriku sedih melihat engkau
Tidak bisa percaya diri
Semua hina dan caci kau terima
Hingga engkau seperti ini

Kau pasti takkan percaya
Dan kau takkan peduli
Tapi dengar

Four more couples entered the stage, all of them being different, two of them being an elderly couple, one is a gay couple, and one is a young adult, straight couple, they then sat on the park benches, talking, seemingly very happy. Kevin looks at them and tried to persuade his "girlfriend" to be happy, but she doesn't want to.
Sayang
Dunia kan mengetahui kita
Bahwa kita bisa menjadi, kan menjadi
Pasangan sempurna

Kau pikir dirimu tidak menarik
Dan kamu tidak cool
Kau pasti tidak mengetahui
Semua iri padamu
Kau bukan mutiara
Tapi wajahmu
Tersenyum sedikit
Cukup untukku
Ku harap saat kau dengarkan ini
Akan mengubah hidupmu

All the couples, except Kevin's, the stood up and began to dance, seeing this, Kevin then stood up and goes into the middle of the stage, leaving his "girlfriend" behind, the LED screen slowly turns from showing a BnW image into Color.
Sayang
Pasangan sempurna
Sayang
Meskipun kau merasa tak bisa
Kau dan aku bersama kan menjadi, kan menjadi
Sebuah pasangan sempurna

His "girlfriend" later joins him, and they hug, dancing slowly, the LED screen now shows a colorized image of a park full of cherry blossom trees, and the lighting turns into a melangé of soft pink and lilac colors.
Tak perlu takut
Angkat wajahmu
Biarkan dunia melihat dirimu
Bahwa wajahmu, seluruh tubuhmu
Kecantikan terpancar darimu

Sayang
Pasangan sempurna
Sayang
Meskipun kau merasa tak bisa
Kau dan aku bersama kan menjadi, kan menjadi
Sebuah pasangan sempurna

Pink petals then fall into the stage, and all the couples stop dancing except Kevin's, where they faced the audience and sang the "woah, woah" verse, when the song finishes, the LED slowly becomes black.
Woah, woah
Sebuah pasangan sempurna
Woah, woah
Sebuah pasangan sempurna

Kevin and everyone on stage bowed, and then exited the stage.
Last edited by Antahbrantahstan on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Farhana Nariswari Wisandana | Audrey Vanessa Susilo | Yasinta Aurellia | Lulu Zaharani Krisna Widodo | Ritassya Wellgreat Waynands

Mabuhay Land
Spokesperson

Founded: May 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mabuhay Land » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:49 am

Vartugia wrote:
13.Vartugia

Filler-Man and Dick Arms- " Just a typical Vartugian song, that makes you question that letting Vartugia sing was a great fucking idea, given they only sing shitsong and sometime have a long title becase screw you thats way we are the best lol this is a long title that makes you scrool in [pre] can i det the record for the longest title now or is it too long beacue i this tittle is just 80% filler. (Aka WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Varty!)

With capitalism flopping and communism being itself, our two heroes try "ultra-nationalism" as a way to either win or to get 0 points. They are more for the ladder, but its hard because Y`ALL GIVE US YOUR POINTS WHEN WE DONT WANT IT!

We geing this fest by Dick Arms blowing a trumpet in the ear. They keep dancing like they are drunk Russian on a Friday night out on Moscow

We are gonna sing happy song
Sing happy song
We gonna say *Rip in Peace, English*
*That’s is how English died*

Gonna smash your ass
Why this song dumb?

We drunk to much øl.
To much øl
We are gonna drug down on mine app
Drug down on mine app

Gonna smash your ass
Why this song dumb?

This is so wery dank 4 you
Dank 4 you
We let tp Songing a meme sung
Songing a meme sung

Gonna smash your ass
Why this song dumb?

We sings in utterly noncene
Utterly noncene
No propganga here. Dont stop at Labour
Dont stop at Labour

Gonna smash your ass
Why this song dumb?
Why this song dumb?

They run away in order not to get points...

OK NEXT!!!!!!

WorldVision Insights: Mabuhay Edition

Live from Varea, Nekoni, this is Mabuhay Landian TV!
Ria Serena: Welcome to Worldvision Insights: Mabuhay Edition. Now, let's discuss about Vartugia's "great, glorious, crazy" performance. Mike, have anything to say?
Micheal Santiago: Yes, it was fun, but it was satirical.
Ria: I know! Can you believe that their broadcasting company chose this!
Mike: You're right. It was "great." Four words, best satirical act ever!
Ria: Well, let's move on to Darkmania.

Darkmania wrote:14. Darkmania

Jeg er i humør
Skal skrive sang
Bli med på reisen
Når jeg skriver en digg sang

Alle store sangvalg
Alle tar en kjent sang
Jeg vet ikke hva jeg velger nå
Går for denne

Språket skal spres ut
You can be bi-lingual
Når du skriver din låt

Aldri gi opp
Fordi den gir deg glede
Så hør nå etter

Skriv, skriv, skriv, skriv, skrive en sang

Skrive en sang

Skrive en sang
Skrive en sang

Hva skal jeg synge om?
Valget er vanskelig
Himlen er grensen
So du har mye å velge

Tenk deg godt om
La det strømme frem
Du er så veldig kreativ i deg.
En stjerne inni deg tenner på

Språket skal spres ut
You can be bi-lingual
Når du skriver din låt

Aldri gi opp
Fordi den gir deg glede
Så hør nå etter

Skriv, skriv, skriv, skriv, skrive en sang

Skrive en sang
Skrive en sang

Et setning igjen på teksten
Sangen er nå ferdig
På tide å legge den ut.
La de andre lese på din heite låt

(Skrive en sang) Skri-iiii-v

Skrive en sang

Skrive en sang
Skrive en sang

Mike: You know I have this weird felling about Darkmania's act.
Ria: Right, it's pretty creepy for me.
Mike: You got me! I would like better to watch it's puppet's performance. That is a livelier one.
Ria: Right!
Mike: And now let's show the current statistics of the Mabuhay Landian TV Vote.

Rank 1: Besen | KRENA | "I Live For You"
Rank 2: Britonisea | Taron Woods | "Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse (I Can Hear Your Voice)"
Rank 3: Mister X | Tracy Manson and Robert Anderson | "Dreamland"
Rank 4-5 (Tied): Togonistan | Alayna Alofi | "Return" & Nusalia | Wia Rosmala | "Everyone"
Rank 6: Lachana | Ariel Dava | "Evermore"
Rank 7-8 (Tied): Izmedu | Sabina Vidas | "Dvie Jamne U-Usamljenom Svitu (Two Souls in a Lonely World)" & Antahbrantahstan | Kevin Wang | TBA
Rank 9: Vartugia | Filler-Man and Dick Arms | "Just a typical Vartugian song, tha..."
Rank 10: Darkmania | TBA | TBA (The song exists though)
The Mabuhay Landian entry is removed to ensure fairness among the public voters.

Ria: Enjoy it will it last KRENA, may Izmedu beat Besen.
Mike: Ria, the song was great. Come on! While I support Lachana's Evermore and Nusalia's Everyone. Nusalia's entry is great.
Ria: Okay, Mike. Sing it in INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION!
Mike: *sings badly* Ever-
Ria: Up next, Adab's fail on Mabuhay Landian public, why is it with an interview.
Mike: (Why did you stop me.) We'll return to WorldVision Insights: Mabuhay Edition after this short break.

Adab wrote:
12. ADAB
J. Baraka Mahmoud - "At the Top"
Tune: Bruno Mars - Finesse
Language: English
(Image)
J. Baraka Mahmoud at home

Background
First we need to address the elephant in the room. Kinan al-Salaman, Adab's torchbearer for twenty-one consecutive WorldVision editions, officially announced his retirement from the WorldVision stage following the conclusion of the 63rd contest. His announcement surprised absolutely no one; it was no secret that al-Salaman was by now increasingly discontent with WorldVision - even if the public wanted him to continue - and that relations between him and Emperor Tizqar III, who had hitherto ensured that al-Salaman kept his WorldVision spot even as calls mounted for his replacement by a newer act, had been deteriorating for some time, no doubt due to al-Salaman's desire to withdraw from the stage that had catapulted him to fame and focus on running the Al-Salaman Group, whose stranglehold on the Adabian music industry seemed to be increasing by each passing day and was now beginning to expand beyond music.

Despite rumors to the contrary, Al-Salaman was adamant that he would never again return to the contest, and indeed revealed in an interview with The Adab Times that he had sent to the Emperor and fellow music executives a list of acts - all signed, of course, to Al-Salaman Records - that he thought deserved a chance of representing Adab on the next WorldVision contest. The unspoken assumption was that they would choose one of those acts. Al-Salaman, for his part, was not entirely willing to let go of WorldVision after all. He asked the Emperor agree to a five-edition contract confirming him as "Adab WorldVision songwriter"; that is, the chosen act for each of the next five WorldVision editions would have to sing something that al-Salaman had written just for the occasion. Should this arrangement prove successful (it is not clear how "success" here is defined), the contract would be extended for another five editions, or perhaps indefinitely.

Next came the twist: the Emperor agreed to the contract, but for some reason stipulated that he himself would choose the act and that he would personally approve al-Salaman's music and lyrics. Al-Salaman initially rejected this, claiming that he, rather than the Emperor, was entitled to "creative control" in this situation and then explicitly demanding that the Emperor choose between the acts that al-Salaman had suggested. Why al-Salaman eventually agreed to the Emperor's stipulation is unknown, but it is rumored that the Emperor was so displeased with al-Salaman's "insolence" that he threatened either to personally declare the Al-Salaman Group an illegal monopoly or to have the Supreme Court do exactly that; both would probably have resulted in the conglomerate being broken up anyway. The Emperor, using his power and position as leverage, had beaten al-Salaman at his own game. Now the latter found himself having to write for the Emperor's candidate and hope that the Emperor would agree to his song.

21 and very much on the rise, J. Baraka Mahmoud hailed from a lower-class family in Ramallah, capital of the Palestine Governorate. Inspired by a musician uncle, he dropped out of school at 17 and spent much of his time at music studios; originally interested in hip hop, he came into contact with house music and was determined to create a career out of it. Quite like al-Salaman himself, Mahmoud started out in the bars, cafes, and mansion parties, collaborating with several singers in the process, slowly refining his musical skills and gaining a loyal following. How exactly he came to be noticed by the Emperor - or whoever suggested him to the Emperor (al-Salaman believed the Emperor was too old and busy to care about contemporary music) - is disputed, although it is known that at least a few of the Emperor's grandsons and great-grandsons were fans of the house musician's work. Though initially skeptical of Mahmoud, al-Salaman was eventually won over by the youngster's charm and commitment to his craft. Al-Salaman, for his part, was intrigued by the idea of composing a house song, a genre that he had never tackled before. Recording sessions commenced at al-Salaman's mansion, the Alwalid, and the project seemed to be getting off to a good start.

For a while, at least. Palace officials started pestering the Alwalid with constant telephone calls, at the beginning exhorting al-Salaman and Mahmoud to create a "patriotic" song that would "carry the glorious name of Adab to the stage" (claiming that this was the Emperor's desire), later claiming that the Emperor desired a more "mainstream" and "radio-friendly" (in other words, no house) song, and finally explicitly demanding a rock, pop, or R&B song to account for consumers' tastes and ensure maximum chart success. Demos sent to the Emperor were returned with demands to make the song more "listenable", "accessible", and "less alienating". Later on, al-Salaman would claim that he had written a "house-tinged song about having a good time", which he regarded as one of his best and most inspired compositions in a long time and a "lost masterpiece", and that throwing it away was one of the greatest mistakes of his life. It damaged the relationship between al-Salaman and Mahmoud and especially enraged the latter; for a man who had spent much of his early life and career defying mainstream trends in his country, being forced to sing a mainstream song was a grave insult. Mainstream pop and rock were also quite out of his comfort zone and he was not sure whether he would be comfortable taking the mic himself, though al-Salaman believed that he had a good enough voice.

Nevertheless, both felt that they were in no position to oppose the Emperor's (alleged) wishes and reluctantly obeyed. They started from scratch, writing a song that would suit the tastes of the market, even if they were now driven more by a sense of obligation than sheer enthusiasm. "We had a lot of ideas on how the song should sound, but in the end we had to throw it all away and start from the beginning," Mahmoud said in an interview with The Adab Times. "The market does like the end result, though, and it's not that bad, and it's certainly a unique song in its own way, so I suppose that's a consolation, but I know a lot of people out there who think we should have stuck with the original plan."

The performance
The stage was set for Adab's first foray into the WorldVision Song Contest without Kinan al-Salaman. The camera zoomed at the giant background video wall, now showing red, white, green, and black stripes, the colors of the Adabian flag. After a while, all those colors morphed into what seemed to be a mishmash, only to fade to black within seconds. This darkness on the screen did not last long, though, giving way to the proper Adabian flag, displayed in all its glory as the lights above and around the stage flashed constantly. This naturally elicited applause from the Adabians who had traveled all the way to Nekoni to support their man, even if some of them were not familiar with the man and his music. The stage was bathed in glowing blue, with occasional flares of red.

The necessary equipment had been set up rather hurriedly following the conclusion of the previous act's performance, thus allowing J. Baraka Mahmoud and his newly-assembled band - who would also provide backing vocals tonight - to jump into the action as soon as they were onstage. As the Adabian flag on the video wall dissipated into footage of the streets of Adab City, pedestrians and traffic and skyscrapers rising in the background and all, Mahmoud and his band entered the view of the some seventy thousand gathered at the Mercati Arena to cheers and raucous applause, especially from the Adabian delegation, who happened to be among those occupying the front rows and rose to their feet to greet their man. Lost in the crowd several rows behind the delegation was Kinan al-Salaman, blending in so as not to attract too much attention, hoping that his young protégé would give his all tonight, knowing that the very best had been robbed from him thanks to bureaucratic meddling.

Wearing a white, somewhat faded "Disco Sucks" shirt and jeans, Mahmoud greeted his audience with a smile and, slightly raising his arms, clapped back at them. He danced and waltzed his way down the catwalk to the mic at the other end, as the backing musicians assumed their respective positions. Whatever problem he had with the government, with al-Salaman, and with everyone else was set aside for now; he was determined to do his best, even though sometimes he had little desire to.

"What's up, y'all?!" Mahmoud shouted into the mic, taking it from the stand and mustering his widest smile of the night so far. "I dedicate this song to my country Adab, His Imperial Majesty the Emperor Tizqar III, and my man Kinan al-Salaman. LET'S ROLL!"

Baby, you look so darn fine tonight
And you gotta know it's driving me mad
Yeah, let me take you out for a ride
And shout all the blessings we have now

'Cause when I'm thinkin' 'bout us
Baby, do we deserve this?
That's right

Mahmoud was now sashaying across the catwalk back to the main stage, extending his arms and seemingly making a gesture to his backing band. Singing was turning out not to be as torturous as the young man had imagined, and everyone would agree that his voice was not too bad. In fact, he had the range. He made a mental note to thank al-Salaman for those quick vocal lessons. Meanwhile, more and more in the crowd were rising to their feet and dancing to the beat.

Motherland, motherland
Motherland, motherland

"It's getting a bit hot up here," Mahmoud said as he opened his shirt, revealing his muscular build to cheers from many in the crowd as others contemplated the song. Yet it was far from an attempt at a show-off; Mahmoud was genuinely sweating and it showed. Somewhere in that vast, vast crowd, Kinan al-Salaman smiled to himself. The kid was doing pretty good. Perhaps the Emperor - or whoever chose Mahmoud - didn't make a bad choice after all.

When we drive that night from Adab City
To Baghdad, Bethlehem, to the Sinai
I thank my lucky stars every mile o' the way
Nothing could stop the greatest people

And when I'm thinkin' 'bout us
Baby, we deserve all this
That's right

The video wall at the back was now showing a map of Adab, spanning from the Sinai to the Zagros. The provinces were shown and the largest cities noted on white, all-caps letters splashed across the map, with the cities' date of founding and population also shown. The stage, which had hitherto been a sea of blue and occasionally red and green, now turned into a giant Adabian flag.

Motherland, motherland
Motherland, motherland

Mahmoud strolled around the stage, waving at the audience, smiling at his band, and blowing kisses. His countrymen in the audience were either cheering him or dancing excitedly. Many others were also doing that, and the scene before him warmed the young man's heart. Much to his surprise, he was doing quite well.

People hold hands together and unite our minds
We gon' be one force, one force to face it all
From the Sinai to the Zagros, we gon' make it good
When holy mother calls, we'll say

The lights kept flashing above and around the stage. Mahmoud was now on his knees just behind the center of the main stage, as the song inched towards its conclusion. The shirt that he had taken off had been lying on the floor, but now Mahmoud rose, grabbed the shirt, and walked to the end of the catwalk, where the mic stand stood. He put the mic back in its place... and threw the shirt to a random section of the audience. Almost immediately there was a commotion as everyone seemingly tried to get their hands on the shirt.

Motherland, motherland
Motherland, motherland

The song stopped rather abruptly; there was no fade-out. The video wall turned black, the Adabian flag disappeared from the stage floor leaving it clothed in dark blue, and the lights dimmed somewhat amid the cheers and applause. For someone who was not very enthusiastic about performing his song and was uncertain about his singing ability, Mahmoud did his job really well. Excellent, many would perhaps say. Mahmoud gathered his backing band for a final bow, after which they made their way backstage.

Ria: Hello and welcome back to WorldVision Insights: Mabuhay Edition.
Mike: Now, let's talk about *shocking* Mahmoud's unexpected rise.
RIa: SHOCKER! Here are the current results available.

Results of the Polls

Ria: Well, it's about time that Adab's performance found a way to make Mabuhay Landians happy.
Mike: Yes, I agree. Let's furthermore talk about this with Mr. Carlos Dela Rosa, a musicologist at the University of the Philippines, Diliman Branch. Hello, Mr. Carlos.
Carlos Dela Rosa (from Mabuhay Landian TV Headquarters, Manila: Oh please, just call me Carlo. It's an honor to stand beside two famous announcers and hosts of the Kanta Na! Song Festival here in Manila.
Ria: It's also to have you here Carlo, the best of the best musicians in the country and the world.
Carlos: Oh, thanks for the compliment.
Ria: Now, I don't understand, Adab's song was way off what the audience of Mabuhay Land will expect in our first edition. Don't we have an explanation for that?
Carlos: I've noticed about Mahmoud's performance and it differs from the any of the songs. Our debut performance was taking it cool and jazzy, Britonisea's was very lovely, KRENA with a caps lock needed really spiced up the competition, don't even get me to Vartugia and Darkmania. (laughs)
Ria and Mike: (laughs) Agreed!
Carlos: While, Adab. Very surprising. That factor of nationalism, not too little like Rosmala's Everyone, but not too satirical like VARTUGIA! It was new, we never saw that love and nationalism can be contained in one whole song.
Mike: But what do you think that made Adab in the highest ratings. Is it because of the melody, the lyrics or is it anything else.
Carlos: I really like the graphics of the performance's background but I really think what captured the hearts of our fellow men is that its music. Music of Adab was first unpopular with us, due to a general stereotype passed from our ancestors up to the generations of the 90's. Now is the first century of the second millennia. The world is changing, so are people. But Mabuhay Land may have rejected that change, until now. But now, they did see the performance was like futuristic, very welcoming to the cultural heritage of the Mabuhay Landians and the former Republic of the Philippines. *speaking in Filipino* Eh, nagbago na sa Repederal. (Repederal is a combination of two Filipino words in the official name, Republika(ng) and Pederal, translating into English, Federal Republic. The term "Repederal" is often used by the media, public, and in domestic affairs as a shortened version of the official name, Republikang Pederal ng Mabuhay Land). Sila ay nagpatupad ng globalization. Kaya ngayon, mas naging open ang mga Mabuhay Landian. (Translation: Eh, the [government] has changed into the Repederal. They enforced globalization. That's why now, the Mabuhay Landian audience become more open [to the Adabian music industry].
Ria: Thank you, Carlo. That was Mr. Carlos Dela Rosa, our resident musical analyst.
Mike: Up next, one-by-one commentary of the Worldvision 64' performances.
Ria: New results of the national polls.
Mike: And, an exclusive interview with Elena Ramirez, live from Mercati Arena.
Ria and Mike: This WorldVision Insights - Mabuhay Edition. We'll go back after this short break.

TO BE CONTINUED
Last edited by Mabuhay Land on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Republikang Pederal of MABUHAY LAND
Maka-diyos, Makatao, Makakalikasan, Mapagmahal, Makabansa

Balitang Mabuhay Water bills rises again due to price rebasing| Capul Tunnel, connects Samar and Bicol by car | Overseas Workers Conference, created with Kuwait and others | Internal cleansing intensifies after discovery of "cop-rupt"
International Palestine, revolts against Jerusalem after goverment move| Amazon given independence, given half of Brazilian budget | United Nations, made South Africa as Kinhasa''s mandate

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

What happened at the Junterapten Pre-Party?

Postby Britonisea » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:57 am

Last Friday...

1. Britonisea - Taron Woods
2. Platerdam - Cadillac! & Enigma
3. Izmedu - Sabina Vida
4. Besen - KRENA
5. Normandy & Picardy - Marie Le Pont
6. Estogium - Rhett Pierce
7. Togonistan - Alayna Alofi
8. Segral - Alpha Game
9. Mercedini - Sebastian Sabatino
10. Kalosia - Eva Renati
11. Antahbrantahstan - Kevin Wang
12. Tödlichebujoku - Brunhilda Čida & WIECK
13. Polkopia - Martin Tyvin
14. Lachana - Ariel Dava

The Junterapten Pre-Party was the only international pre-party that happened in the run up to the 64th WorldVision Song Contest, which is now held in Varea Nekoni. As you can see above, fourteen wonderful acts joined us for a wonderful evening in Junterapten where they got to meet over 5,000 guests, perform to them and get their music out there. Though, the Pre-Party was also a time for local acts to shine, those who might one day be considered for the WorldVision Song Contest. Nevertheless, the Junterapten Pre-Party was a great event, which did attract some media attention in Britonisea.

There was a press conference during the Junterapten Pre-Party, where the acts from this edition's contest managed to answer some burning questions from some fans who gained VIP passes, media and of course delegation. The host of the evening also got a chance to answer the artists some questions which you can find below!

BRITONISEA WITH TARON WOODS

Britonisea was the first delegation to go up and get questions from the media. We decided to pick two of the questions we found most important;

Q: How did it feel having to go through a process such as Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018?
A: You know, it was quite a difficult experience because it is a real test on how good you are as an artist. I mean, it was a fantastic experience, and I would have definitely done it again if I didn't win, but sometimes when you slip below the qualifications - for example me not going to the Finals directly - it is a bit disheartening, and you begin to think "Am I not as good as the rest of them?" But, I did pull it back for the Grand Final, and I am so happy with myself for doing that. It was great to come from a Battle Stage position straight to winning the contest, because I did not think I was going to.

Q: You have had a busy schedule from the day of the final of the national final. Could you tell us how that has impacted what you will do on stage at WorldVision?
Yes, indeed, I have been very busy. I, of course, performed twice during the finals of Vha Mehlodhivestoile, before coming here to the Junterapten pre-Party. I have a performance at World Hit Festival 38 before our Vha Mehlodhivestoile Encores. Also, during the week, I have been performing to smaller audiences around Estogium and Britonisea - which has been nice. Hopefully, on Monday I should get some rest - at least for a couple of days - before travelling over to Nekoni to start the moulding of my performance because I want it to be ace for the live final of WorldVision!

TOGONISTAN WITH ALAYNA ALOFI

Togonistan followed Britonisea in the press conference. Alayna answered lots of questions, but here are two great questions that were asked...

Q: What are your initial plans when you get to Nekoni, when you get to WorldVision?
Well, we have quite a tight schedule to be honest. We probably are going to take a few days to look around the city, visit local hotspots and explore the local culture. After that, however, we will be dedicated to polishing our entry and staging.

A: What I am getting from your song is very smooth and silky vibes - I personally like it a lot. Will this be reflected through the staging? And if it will be, how so?
All I can say is, the staging will be more about reflecting the message of the song rather than the melody in general. You will see what I mean when the time comes.

LACHANA WITH ARIEL DAVA

After Togonistan, Lachana's Ariel Dava was the next one to answer to questions. We chose two of those questions below...

Q: Lachana is a country not many of us would've heard of in the WV community! Could you tell us a bit about your country and also tell us what is the aim for Lachana?
Lachana is a beautiful nation, full of nature and feeling. I hope to represent my country as best as I can, and of course there is the competitive side of this too, haha.

Q: What's the meaning behind the song you are going to sing tonight?
This song is the first song that I wrote myself and it has reimagined my life and soul, I truly adore this song like my own child. It’s about the LGBT issues worldwide and being a bi-sexual woman myself, it’s super important to me.

BESEN WITH KRENA

Following Lachana, we had Besen. Besen was being represented by KRENA. Below, you can find two questions that we chose...

Q: Last edition your debut was 12th - better than us, Brits! What is the aspiration from Besen in this contest?
Our debut in the contest had been a long time coming and as much as I love Erica, I believe the only way to go is up from here. We wanna bring pride to our nation with a win of course!

Q: What makes your song different to the other 13 songs that are going to have performed tonight?
My song has a distinctive electro-pop, alternative vibe so I feel like it will be a mood for the audience and viewers and home. We have gone for something simple and chill- that’s why I’m so proud of this entry. Thank you for the question.

NORMANDY AND PICARDY WITH MARIE LE PONT

Normandy and Picardy were the next nation to follow Besen, with the singer Marie Le Pont. You can find two of her answers she gave below.

Q: Normandy and Picardy is going down a totally different path this edition - would you agree? Do you think it'll be successful?
I don't think this is a completely different style, it's perhaps just a bit more on the fringes of what Normandy and Picardy would normally send, although its been a while since we were last competing regularly which is a shame to be honest. So no, this isn't a totally different path, this is just what is our music, and what we do, and the Normand public and the juries chose us so obviously its looking good; of course, we have confidence in the song, and we hope we do well, but that is for the voters to decide.

Q: Did you expect to win your national final?
I would say yes but I'd probably be lying haha! No, I obviously hoped we would, and we believed the song was good enough because we wouldn't try to represent our country with something we didn't think was good, but obviously there was doubt. But hey, we did it and we're off to WorldVision!

ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN WITH KEVIN WANG

Antahbrantahstan followed Normandy and Picardy with Kevin Wang. Kevin's answers are below, but the best two questions/answers were chosen...

Q: What is your song about...the personal message to you?
Well, my song is about how every girl is beautiful in their own ways... Many girls around the world have troubles with their self-esteem, like, girls would say "God, i look like a potato", while they are actually very beautiful. Some of my friends would sometimes chat with me and say, "Oh God, i look so ugly, why can't i look like (insert famous model name here)". Everytime people say that i feel sad hearing that, so, i hope that my song, although not in English, will make girls more confident and embrace their beauty.

Q: When you land in the country where WorldVision will be held, what are your plans?
Well, a lot, actually, i will go to many tourist attractions and instagram the heck out of it! Also maybe shop for some souvenirs too.

I also would like to taste foods from the host country, ah, and go karaoke!

ESTOGIUM WITH RHETT PIERCE

Estogium was the next country to give their opinions on the questions that they were asked. Rhett Pierce's two best questions can be found below!

Q: Hello, Rhett! Estogium has started off the WorldVision 60's very well, getting 9th place, 3rd place and 5th place. Last edition, we did dip to 11th place, but do you think you could get Estogium back in to the top ten? Why, if so?
Well, Estogium has been doing very well in the past, I can definitely agree with that statement, and I guess there is already a certain amount of pressure that I, as an artist, has to try and maintain those good results. I can't guarantee that I will get top ten - I can't. What I can do is try my hardest to get not only in the top ten, but try to get in to the top 3. We have only been in the top 3 once, and that was only three editions ago! I will be working hard with my delegation to do Estogium proud, but I think they will be proud of me regardless of my ranking, and that's all I need.

Q: How were you chosen to represent Estogium at the WorldVision Song Contest?
Well, I kinda just sent off a submission, and so I was on RVC's radar. I got a call from RVC asking me if I wanted to come in, and it kinda just went from there really! If Estogians want to get involved in WorldVision, they should just send in an application. They're listening.

IZMEDU WITH SABINA VIDA

After Estogium's turn, it was the Izmeduans to answer questions. Sabina Vida's questions are below!

Q: How was it having to go through your national final, which is a hotly contested one?
Izmepisma was a very fun experience, but I won't deny that it was stressful especially during the voting. The singing and meeting the other artists? I've made friends for life during my country's national final; but that results process... Oh dear I think we were all holding each other's hands. I was already immensely honored to be in Izmepisma's grand final, but seeing your song fly high and actually having a chance to go to WorldVision coming true was incredible.

Q: Could you tell us any plans you have when you get to the city whoever hosts the WorldVision Song Contest 64?
Hmmm... My team and I are gonna be heading straight to work when we're at whoever hosts WorldVision 64, so hotel rehearsals and working with the host channel to figure out staging. Of course, we're gonna try to have some fun and explore the host country if we have the time to do so.

MERCEDINI WITH SEBASTIAN SABATINO

Mercedini's Sebastian Sabatino answered all of his questions after Izmedu. Below, you can find two of the best...

Q: Mercedini is still looking for their first win in the contest - is that the mentality of the delegation this time 'round?
Of course, as a nation we are pushing for our first victory, I'm sure everyone at ENM and everyone involved in the production of the song wants to make sure we bring home our first title in the WorldVision Song Contest. We hope to take some momentum coming from our two victories in the World Hit Festival, and we hope the hard work pays off.

Q: Will you be pulling it out the bag in terms of the staging in this edition's WorldVision?
Certainly! There is definitely a big creative process going into the song, we have a couple of options on the table which we could tap in to, although we will wait to see how each of them look on stage before anything is certain. Also, we don’t know where we will be performing, with two very different stages which I could be performing on in a month's time, but I hope to see you all there!

KALOSIA WITH EVA RENATI

Kalosia came straight after Mercedini. You can find Eva's questions below...

Q: Your song is really groovy! How did the process of writing the song go?
I knew I had wanted to write a song so I set aside some time to do it, but when that moment came, it started raining. Looking outside the window, the sky was grey and it was chilly inside. I wanted to counter that so I made sure to make my song really cheerful sounding and fun and sunny.

Q: Do you plan to take that theme to the stage - dancing maybe??
There will definitely be choreography. Right now we're working with the guy who arranged the dance concept for the music video to translate that energy onto the WorldVision performance.

TODLICHEBUJOKU WITH BRUNHILDA ČIDA AND WIECK

Todlichebujoku was next to answer some questions after Kalosia! Brunhilda Čida & WIECK answered questions but we picked the best two.These questions are answered below.

Q: After coming second to Britonisea last edition on home soil, are you hoping to get a bit of revenge on the WV community and steal the win?
Brunhilda: Well, maybe not revenge, but we would definitely be excited to win for Tödlichebujoku! That would be an amazing honor!

Q: How did you two (Brunhilda Čida & WIECK) get together? Explain the story...
Brunhilda: Oh, wow… you know, we never really considered collaborating on a song; in fact, we didn't even realize the other existed until Udo at TÖBUK connected us!

WIECK: So we had separately submitted samples for WorldVision, but Udo Vang noticed some common themes in our pieces and set us up to meet. And wow, wasn't that a heck of a time?

Brunhilda: It was! So we ended up creating a new song that combined our dark, cinematic dance styles and wow, it's just been a fun ride all along.

WIECK: And of course the reception we're having at home's just been phenomenal. We've just never thought we'd make it to this point.

PLATERDAM WITH CADILLAC! AND ENIGMA

Platerdam answered questions after Todlichebujoku. Below, you can find two answers to Cadillac! & Enigma's best two questions...

Q: You are the first representatives from Platerdam for WorldVision. What are your ambitions going in to the contest?
Dax (Main Singer): Well, we simply tried to show Platerdam who were we, and now, we have the chance to show the world what Platerdam is.

Enigma: Yeah, I guess our biggest objective is simply making Platerdam be known among the nations. To let them know that we have music, and we are just getting started.

Q: What does the song, "I Live For Your Love" mean to you?
Dax: Well, the song was written by Jesus, our baterist here.

Jesus: Yeah, it's basically a lovesick song. You know? I wanted people to go back to the old roots, the slow-type reggae. I mean, it wasn't just me, the whole crew here gaved the ideas, and they shaped the song to what it is now.

Enigma: It's a beautiful song. Probably, one you can send to a girl that leaved you heart broken, you know?

That kind of song.

All of the other interviews, including the full interviews can be found at worldvision.tv or the Junterapten Pre Party YouTube account!

Thank you to those who sent in answers to their questions...
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:15 am

18. Polkopia
Martin Tyvin | Miracola
English Translation: "Miracle"
Tune: Diogo Piçarra - "Canção do Fim"

Martin Tyvin won the latest edition of the Landa vy Polkopiya, scoring top marks in the Jury's vote, and the domestic televote, and was therefore selected to represent the nation in its return to the Worldvision Song Contest in Nekoni. Following his victory, the PNB and Martin worked together to translate his song, previously in English and Polkopian, to contain entirely Polkopian lyrics. This was due to both parties wanting to keep the Polkopian entry as authentic as possible. The resulting change has been a huge success domestically, as his song hit #2 on the Polkopian charts a week after it's rerelease, and Polkopian music critics praising the PNB's decision. Martin has stated, however, that despite the success that representing Polkopia may bring him, he wanted to keep singing as a side job and has thus rejected several offers to sign with record labels.

The stage contained a large rectangular pedestal in the back corner, where three violinists and 2 celloists were playing, all dressed in formal black and white attire. Martin was seated on top of the pedestal's edge, away from the instrumentalists, looking down at the ground. The background was a dark navy color and lit in such a way that the heads of the people on stage were only visible as silhouettes, but the rest of their bodies were completely visible. As the music began to play, the camera panned in from the side. From this angle, viewers could see the instrumentalists playing and Martin sitting away from them. Stars glistened in the background, and the camera began to pan in a circular motion around the pedestal until it stopped when Martin was sitting just in front of it. Again, only his silhouette was visible, and the musicians in the background stopped playing in tune with the music. As they did, a spotlight shown on Martin, illuminating his face. He wore a gray sweatshirt and jeans, a stark contrast to the other musicians, and he sang:

Prendi moe serdce / Take my heart away
I min lasavitesh' / And leave me to die
Krata v moem oukh / Choking on my last breath
Zhe romnyu moi grežili / As I remember my mistakes

Eli dovorinogo.../ As if by some...
neznago miracoli / unexpected miracle
Yo biy slivish min / you happen to hear me
Nayu biy žacish 'farla' / I hope you'd say 'goodbye'

Lasavitesh biy min? / Would you just leave me?
I nin umerlash? / And just walk away?
Moku skromo nayati / I can only hope
Za tot miracola / For this miracle

The camera panned out as Martin held the note through gritted teeth. Members of the audience were heard cheering, but were quickly silenced by those around. The stage LED floor showed an aerial view of waves in a nighttime setting. The background remained the starry navy sky, and the instrumentalists continued to play. The camera panned about the stage in a series of motions as he sang the "ooh's and eh's", and the lighting and camera angles still made it to the faces of the instrumentalists were not clearly visible; they remained as silhouettes. When it was time for him to sing again, the camera focused back on him right before he sang the first line.

Oohh... oooh... eh-eh-eh....

V nebe chornaet'sya / The sky is darkening
O mezdu neveduzhdu / Or maybe I'm going blind
Pot'ch vice vezhdu / Because all I see
Moyu predstyu nayu / Is my longing hope

Cito odni din/ That one day
Povrat etya miracola / This miracle will come

The lighting faded out and the stage was left completely dark by the last chord. The audience roared with applause when the song was finished, and the lights turned back on, where Martin bowed and mouthed the words "Thank you".
Last edited by Polkopia on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

BSS Commentary

Postby Besen » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:02 am

BSS Commentary • Part One

Samantha Jersoin, commentator and spokesperson in WV63 and WV64.

Good evening, Besen. I am Samantha Jersoin, you might- just might remember me as the Besenian point-giver from last edition. Tonight we are here in Varea, Nekoni, a beautiful city, I might add. I've done a bit of exploring the past few days and I'd give it a good 9/10. KRENA represents us Besenians tonight, and the newly established Lachana will be represented by Ariel Dava. There are some really cute photos of them that I'll be happy to send if someone asks for them in my DMs. Anyway, we have twentyseven acts for you and I've seen some of the rehearsals... It looks pretty good if you ask me! I'm gonna shut up now because the opening act is on.

Opening Act
I actually really liked this. A great opening for our show tonight. It's really getting me excited for what's in store for us tonight.

1. Besen (Krena)
Our act! I won't shower us in praise, because that would be arrogant, but I think our homeboy, Krena, did a great job tonight. I love this song and let's all pray for a good result. *chuckles*. By the way, his choreography is on point!

2. Platerdam (Cadillac!)
Wow, I'm really surprised by how much I enjoyed this song and performance. I've never liked Reggae as a genre, although this song has made me groove, and that's a good thing. I wouldn't be shocked if this does well tonight, on the scoreboard.

3. Mister X (Tracy Manson & Robert Anderson)
What a beautiful melody and with such wonderful voices! I'm not quite sure, however, how well this will do, as I can see people thinking this is a bit old-fashioned and not modern. Personally, I don't care that it's a tad classical and not pop. Not sure how I feel though...

4. Nekoni (Elitsa Maldémur)
I'm surprised to have liked this as much as I did, even though it's a bit fast and manic. I enjoyed that a lot.

5. Britonisea (Taron Woods)
This is brilliant! A fabulous mix of dance, pop melodies and also the lyrics (now that I've googled the translation) are really good. It creates a perfect mood for me, I thought that was super great! So far, it's my favourite. I expect big things on the scoreboard with this performance.

6. Togonistan (Alayna Alofi)
Now, I really love this song and the melody. It has caught my attention perhaps even more than some, it's very unique. Brilliant. Majestic and magical: what I like to see at Worldvision.

7. Lochario (Dari Makinnen)
Another quality song tonight, a real pop/dance banger. I think this is one of my favourites tonight, although I haven my doubts about this doing well. The staging and performance overall seems a bit dull, compared to the nature of the song. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I love the song, but I'm disappointed by the minimalist performance.

8. Lachana (Ariel Dava)
Beautiful and pure. The puppet voting rule prevents Besen from giving this above 5 points tonight, but I believe we would give higher if we could. I felt something magical for the first time tonight. Wow.

9. Nusalia (Wia Rosmana)
I'm not particularly a fan of this type of music but this was a decent song and performance. The lack of solid staging arrangements is quite disappointing for me. But, a good first effort for this debutant.

10. Proluvia (Primo)
This gave me nostalgic feelings of the eighties, slow and groovy. I'm not sure on this one. Mmmm... Moving on.

Well... that's all the commentary we have for Part One. See you soon after the commercial break, for Part Two.
Last edited by Besen on Tue May 01, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Desert: WIP it real good

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:16 am

19 - Normandy and Picardy
Marie le Pont - Desert
Tune: (ONUKA - Vidlik)

Marie Le Pont, Normand representative at WorldVision 64

NNN, the Normand broadcaster, were panicking. How did they do so well? 7th was far too close to 1st for comfort, and so they would have to do their best to not do well next time. That is, until they realised they could do well without winning, which would please everyone; they wouldn't have to host (yes, they don't have to and aren't at all obliged to but NNN seem to have forgotten this at some point), the fans would be happy and no one would be annoyed because they didn't win. Everyone was looking great. But then NNN remembered they'd have to do everything again and try to follow the same formula to success without victory. And so, they set out in exactly the same way they did last contest, hoping to replicate their Top 10 return to the contest (which the head of the WorldVision department was silently smug about; he had to be silent otherwise accounting would be on him like a pack of wolves, and you do not want to see NNN's Accounting Office angry).

With this in mind, NNN decided that A Song For The World - the wonderfully creatively named national final that was the envy of all - would return, as it seemed to work for them last time so why not this? Again, NNN scoured the music industry, annoying record labels and looking for undiscovered talents, whilst also looking at potential artists within their own record label NNN Music. Eventually, a shortlist of eight songs was drawn up just like last time. All eight artists believed that their songs could represent Normandy and Picardy on the world stage and some even dared to dream they could win. That was not shared by the head of delegation, Gerard Marien; he just wanted to do well, but didn't have much confidence in any of the songs before him. But what could he do? The show had to go on, and so preparations began for A Song For The World. When the eight songs were revealed (and the six of them not already on the market released), the reaction was surprisingly strong from the fan community, which put a spring in Gerard's steps as he got to work preparing a wonderful show. Gerard was actually beginning to like this WorldVision thing. This won't do, he thought.

The Stade du Parc in Rouen would be the host for the second A Song For The World, and plenty of money - to the Chagrin of the NNN Commisioner - was being pumped into it to make sure the contest would go ahead smoothly. The Stade du Parc was not the newest arena ever, being 25 years old, and considerably smaller than the much newer Stade Rouennais on the other side of the city. The eight songs, from all different parts of the Normand music industry from clean and sophisticated synthpop to indie rock, with a bit of ethnopop thrown in, fought for the chance to represent Normandy and Picardy, and it was incredibly close just like last time, but Marie Le Pont - a 28 year old musician from Avranches - managed to clinch victory and with it the ticket to Varea in Nekoni. Marie is known for her blending of traditional elements with more modern styles of music and for her sometimes cryptic lyrics (toned down somewhat in her WorldVision entry). Her song, Desert, draws upon several of the themes she regularly references in her work, including Absurdist philosophy - which she subscribes to - and suicide; whilst this obviously draws on Absurdist themes, it also has a more personal side to it as Marie's mother committed suicide when she was just 10 years old, an event that seriously affected Marie; her therapy eventually turned her towards music, and ultimately to the music she now makes.

Her mother's memory was with her as she got on the plane to Varea to represent her country, and even more so when she was waiting backstage at the actual contest, somewhat nervous but ultimately confident. She believed she could do well, perhaps even Top 5. But, could she do everyone proud? Let's see...

The arena was in complete darkness as the final preparations are made. The stage was configured so that the centre is raised up like some sort of altar, with steps leading down on all sides to the base height of 4 metres above the ground, except in a few spots were they were raised up to the same level as the centre and where musicians/dancers were waiting to perform for the multiverse. The central 'altar' is where Marie herself was waiting for the show to begin, naturally nervous but ready to give the performance of her life; she really wanted to represent her country well, and she knew there was a lot of expectation. This song was a risk, but she believed it would pay off. And so, the show began...

A dim spotlight flickered on and off on the left hand side of the stage, faintly revealing a dancer dressed all in black, looking behind him to where an image of a dagger - evocative of the scene from Macbeth - appeared on the background screen. The cameras slowly moved around him as the lights, which had been white, took on a red hue and blood began to drip from the knife. He reached out to it as the lights intensified before suddenly Marie's face, pale white, flashed on the screen as she began singing. The camera view changed to show her lying on the floor, staring straight up. The LED floor beneath appeared to flicker as if it is broken and trying to turn on. She began to sing, staring straight into the camera which began to spin so that at the end of the first verse she appeared upside down.

Yes
Emptiness
No ending
Fire
Walk with me
Burning on

Another dancer, dressed in a white paper costume kind of like this but showing a bit less flesh (especially extending more down the arms), was illuminated on the right hand side of the stage, and was now shown by the camera feed which suddenly cut from Marie. The light that shone on her was red, which obviously reflected by her costume, whilst projected flames appeared to begin to come to life on the dress, flickering around. She stood completely forward, the camera giving a shot down the stage to show Marie, now stood up and reaching out to the dancer, and behind her the first dancers had disappeared. The camera shot then shifted around to show the dancer from the front; she appeared to suddenly come to life, beginning to move and 'pop' to the beat of the music between a series of poses, ending up with her hands around her own throat, her mouth wide open.

And
I can see it
Desert
Up ahead
Forever
Just silence

As the instrumental began, the camera looked down onto the stage floor, where the LED floor showed a series of shifting sands like the desert that the lyrics of the song referred to, and the fire projection onto the paper costume was replaced with one of the same desert screen. The camera appeared to zoom straight into the dancers open mouth, in which Marie's face seemed to appear, before the TV feed switched to show Marie, generally dancing on to the beat of the music whilst a series of dancers appeared to begin to crawl up the stairs to the 'altar' at the centre of the stage. The lighting continued in its block like manner, the shifting sands giving away to a block monochrome scheme. Blocks of white appeared amongst the grey and moving about. As the next verse began, a series of red lines began to slowly begin to appear beneath Marie's feet on the central raised stage area, slowly flowing across the floor towards the edge of the stairs created by the floor.

And
Don't be
So stupid
In
The end there is
One choice

As the next verse began, the white 'blocks' began to be replaced with images of violence, death, and the same desert image as before, with the image of the shifting sands filling the entire screen randomly at several points throughout the verse. The lights continued to flash on and off, with rays of red and white piercing the darkness of the arena and focusing on the central part of the stage, where the dancers continued writhing about on the 'stairs', reaching out into the thick blackness that surrounded them and the light that occassionally illuminated them.

You
Can make it
Stop it
Endless
But you can
Pull it

Then, a long instrumental began. At first, the TV feed showed what was being played on the background of the arena, that being the image of a gun, and a hand which pulled the trigger. However, instead of a bullet flying out, sand began to pour out of the end, which then turned into a pool of blood which expanded to fill the entire the screen. This began to 'beat' and flicker, whilst the aforementiond streams of red began to stream down the stairs, whilst the figures surrounding the stage began to move even more. The red lines were projected over them, as if they were part of the floor itself. One of the figures appeared to rise above the rest and reach out towards Marie, and overall the affect ended up being some weird version of the 'Creation of Adam' in reverse (ie. Marie was like Adam, the dancer like God surrounded by the cherubs/angels, in this case the other writhing dancers).

Gooooooooooo...
Gooooooooooo...

The dancer then appeared to be pulled back into the morass of the dancers around the central raised section of the stage, as all of the red on the screens all appeared to be pulled back into the 'altar' and the stadium became pitch black once more. The series of images of violence etc. and the white rectangular spotlights began again as the next verse began. The cameras gave a sweeping shot over the audience before turning around and giving a tight shot of the dancers, giving time for Marie to lay back down again in the centre. She was controrting oddly on the floor with what appeared to be particles of sand falling off her. The camera began from the upside down position it had left Marie on the floor at at the end of the first verse.

Yes
You can do
It right now
But
You hold back and
Open your

In conjuction with the lyrics, a large eye appeared to rise out of the surface of the LED floor, with Marie right in the middle of the pupil, surrounded by the red iris. The spotlights, which had been moving around the stage, began to one by one focus on Marie as she continued moving around to the beat of the song. At the very end, with all of the spotlights focused on her, the dancers around the central section began to clamber onto it, obscuring Marie in the chaos whilst some of the images shown on the background flashed on the screen again, ending with the image of the desert once more.

Eyes
You can try
Trembling
Step back
Just face it
The desert

That was it, she was done. Now all Marie Le Pont could do was wait and see how she did...
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Tue May 01, 2018 11:43 am, edited 13 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates