NATION

PASSWORD

[r]Autistic screeching in Rivers of blood thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Zyr and Pony
Envoy

Founded: Feb 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

[r]Autistic screeching in Rivers of blood thread

Postby Zyr and Pony » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Esternial wrote:Ahem.

REEEEEEEEE

Outrage! Hum drum hum!

Just so you're aware
The Burden of proof is on the one making the claim, not the one challenging it. If you make a claim, you back it up. (and no, anecdotes are not evidence)
Bleeding-heart Liberal, through and through.
Aspie
Agnostic
Social Democrat
Yuri fan
Because so many have this
For: social democracy, gun control, LGBT rights, high taxes on the rich, cats, progressivism
Anti: gun bans, unrestrained capitalism, punitive taxes on the poor, tradition for the sake of tradition, claims that gun control advocates are after gun bans

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:10 pm

Kinda surprised this is considered trolling. For clarification, I was referring to the "Hugh Mungus" screech of the SJW.

It's silly and maybe stupid, but I don't see how it amounts to trolling.

Any reasoning?

EDIT:

Farnhamia wrote:
Datlofff wrote:
STOP DERAILING THE THREAD REEEE!!!!

Maybe you missed the whole big megillah a little while ago about REEEEE! It's trolling. Don't do it, not even in jest, which seems to be the case here. Just don't.

I'm going to sound like a broken record because I whined about this before, but I'd really appreciate it if Moderation made it a point on their agenda to actually keep tabs on these discussions and their outcomes so others and myself don't get slapped with an official warning for not keeping up with the goings on in Moderation on a daily basis, and I'd like to request this at least get downgraded to an unofficial warning.
Last edited by Esternial on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Esternial wrote:I'd really appreciate it if Moderation made it a point on their agenda to actually keep tabs on these discussions and their outcomes

What exactly would you want us to do? We've been warning over this for the best part of a year. We're not going to create a list of forbidden phrases in the OSRS, as troll memes show up pretty much every week and we're not going to put up with "well, it's not on the list, therefore it's not trolling" excuses. Neither are we going to make a news post or send out a site-wide telegram for every potential new precedent.

Esternial wrote:I'd like to request this at least get downgraded to an unofficial warning.

I'm gonna treat this as your appeal, and say "no". Appeal denied.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:13 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Esternial wrote:I'd really appreciate it if Moderation made it a point on their agenda to actually keep tabs on these discussions and their outcomes

What exactly would you want us to do? We've been warning over this for the best part of a year. We're not going to create a list of forbidden phrases in the OSRS, as troll memes show up pretty much every week and we're not going to put up with "well, it's not on the list, therefore it's not trolling" excuses. Neither are we going to make a news post or send out a site-wide telegram for every potential new precedent.

Esternial wrote:I'd like to request this at least get downgraded to an unofficial warning.

I'm gonna treat this as your appeal, and say "no". Appeal denied.

You're missing my point, Fris.

I'm not asking for a list so people can rules-lawyer, I'm asking for a list that can give people some indication as to what is allowed.

Do you think it'd be overly difficult to add a disclaimer stating what you just told me on the top of that list?

Sorry but your reasoning here doesn't hold up at all. Your only reason provided for not doing this can be fixed with one bolder sentence you wrote yourself (see underlined).

I should probably make a discussion thread for this, I assume?
Last edited by Esternial on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:17 am

Esternial wrote:You're missing my point, Fris.

No, I'm not. I'm disagreeing with you.

Esternial wrote:I should probably make a discussion thread for this, I assume?

I wouldn't bother, to be frank. We're never going to make a list. That's a ruling from the very top. [violet] and the rest of the team want it to be left as judgment calls.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:12 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Esternial wrote:You're missing my point, Fris.

No, I'm not. I'm disagreeing with you.

Esternial wrote:I should probably make a discussion thread for this, I assume?

I wouldn't bother, to be frank. We're never going to make a list. That's a ruling from the very top. [violet] and the rest of the team want it to be left as judgment calls.

Alright then, thanks for being straightforward, Fris.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation