NATION

PASSWORD

Ex Nihilo {OOC|DEAD}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Ex Nihilo {OOC|DEAD}

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:41 pm

Click for IC

Ex Nihilo

Nyctophobia. It is a primal fear, the fear of the dark. This is a fear that all humans share, at all stages of life. Though it may not be obvious, but every human experiences it when they find themselves out at the middle of the night, with no light to show them the way. Many call it irrational, but it is far from irrational, for in the dark dwell the monsters.

Not only the monsters of human creation, but those told through stories passed on from one generation to the next. The monsters that parents tell their children do not exist. The kind of monsters that parents tell their children are not under their beds, or hiding in their closets. The monsters that parents tell their children are just in their imagination.

Of course, not all the stories are to be believed full heartedly. Such stories include legends, myths and folklore. Many are exaggerated, others are not, and some are just plain wrong. But now you are likely wondering, how can this be true? How, in this day and age do we not know this? Well, the answer is simple, I never said we didn't.

In ancient times, the world of men and the supernatural was intertwined, but over time the two worlds separated. Human looked towards more "logical" answers to the world, and as such the world of the supernatural became more and more myth. But there always remained a small number of humans, the mages, would remain in touch with both worlds.

However, both worlds would be destined to collide, in 1901, all because of the actions of one mage, Ayla Zwahlen. Ayla would cause a certain type of event known in the supernatural world as a Time-Break. This event would become known as the Liechtenstein Incident after the fact. To this day, because of the Time-Break not much is known about what exactly happened, but a few things of importance are still known. All that is known boils down to one fact, this incident was responsible for the reshaping of the supernatural world and to some extent, the world of humans.

The Liechtenstein Incident called for the Grand Council, the Shadow Court, the Church and the world's superpowers at the time to set aside their differences and unite against Ayla Zwahlen. When the incident was finished, a new organization stood bridging the world of humans and the world of the supernatural. This organization was called, the International Ministry of Supernatural Affairs or just I.M.O.S.A. However over time, knowledge of the supernatural world return to a similar level as it was prior to the Liechtenstein Incident.

This lost of knowledge would lead to less funding for I.M.O.S.A, which would drive them to the edge of disbanding. But, just when they reached what looked like the end, the world called for their aid. The Axis had delved into the supernatural, and the leaders of the Allied nations rediscovered I.M.O.S.A. When the war ended and the UN was founded, I.M.O.S.A thought that they would just fade away again. But that wasn't the case.

I.M.O.S.A would not fade into the shadows, as its effect on the world was to great to cover up after the Second World War. So, instead of stepping back into the shadows, the world of the supernatural became more well known across the world, and I.M.O.S.A was there to protect the two worlds from each other. Of course, there was challenges, as humans feared the supernatural, and from that fear came prejudice and hate. This would eventually build up until the world was on the edge of a war between humans and the supernatural. I.M.O.S.A had one chance to strike a peace between the worlds before blood was shed.

However, I.M.O.S.A never got the chance. The entire organization fell apart after high ranking members were discovered to be corrupt. Upon this discovery, the uproar from both the human and supernatural community called for the disbanding of I.M.O.S.A. Not long after the disbanding of I.M.O.S.A, in 2003, the world fell into a war of humans and the mages of the Grand Council against the Shadow Court, and other smaller supernatural organizations.

It was a bloody and long war, lasting 20 years. Peace was made in 2023, with the defeat of the Shadow Court. After the war, many countries began to register supernatural beings and certain mages. While some countries stopped at this, others went further, and confined supernatural beings to certain areas within their borders, often building these cities for the sole purpose of isolating, and containing the supernatural. At the same time, many government agencies were created across the world, with the aid of the Grand Council or the Church, depending on where they were, for the purpose of containing and suppressing violent elements with in the supernatural community.

One such city is the city of Magia Insulam, built on the artificially, magitech created island with the same name. Both the city of Magia Insulam, and the island of Magia Insulam fall under the jurisdiction of a joint North American government organization, the North American Joint Ministry of Supernatural Affairs, or the N.A.J.M.S.A. The N.A.J.M.S.A makes use of both mages and ordinary people, along with the occasional supernatural beings, in the ranks of their agents. Based out of Magia Insulam because of the fact it is the place with the largest concentration of supernatural beings in North America. Since, Magia Insulam does not fall in American, Canadian, Mexican or any other countries borders, and therefore, only laws put into place by the N.A.J.M.S.A apply. Any person that wishes to leave the island or gain entry to the island, must gain permission with the N.A.J.M.S.A for example.

The current year is 2054, and the island city of Magia Insulam is well on its way to being the center of an event that could change the world, be it for the better or worse.

OP: Faal Lot Himdah
Co-OP(s):

Rules:
1. NO Godmodding, and stuff like that
2. My word is law, and when I am not online, my Co-OP's word is law.
3. There is a difference however between Immortality and Invulnerability/Invincibility (of course it can be debated, but this is my thread and this is the stance I take). To put it as simple as possible... Immortal = No Death by Age, Invulnerable/Invincible = Only Death by Age. So, invulnerable/invincible beings are a no, as your characters can be injured and can die.
4. No Overpowered characters. Note, my characters may come off as OP, but remember, I am the OP, and there is always reasoning behind why they are so strong. Just remember, fair does not mean equal, so no complaining.
5. Be a voice of reason, not a control freak. Control freaks will be banished in the blink of an eye.
6. All disputes between people will be kept out of the OOC, settle them via TG.
7. No starting with powerful artifacts.
8. Inform everyone if you are to be absent for an extended period of time through the OOC
9. If you want to make a character connected to any of the Eight families or other high ranking figures of major organizations, run the idea through me first
10. Three Strikes and you're out, unless you really mess up.

App:
Code: Select all
[b][u]Character App[/u][/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (between 14 - whatever)
[b]Race:[/b] (Human, or some supernatural race)
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[align=center][img]<PLACE IMAGE HERE>[/img][/align]
[hr][/hr]
[b]Magic:[/b] (Explain in detial any magical abilities they have)
[b]Other Abilities:[/b] (non magical things, can be anything from skills to increased strength or being a werewolf)
[b]Weapon(s):[/b] (what sort of weapon or weapons do they carry if any)
[hr][/hr]
[b]RP Sample:[/b] (If I know you, you can pass on this, if not... or I don't remember you, then no skipping.)
[b]Did you read the Rules?[/b]
[hr][/hr]

[b][u]Optional Stuff:[/u][/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[hr][/hr]
[b]Alignment:[/b]
[b]Theme Song:[/b]
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Tue May 15, 2018 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Factions/Organizations
*Note: If you want to create a minor faction/organization/gang feel free to run it by me

The North American Joint Ministry of Supernatural Affairs or N.A.J.M.S.A, is the largest governing body of the supernatural, being as it is the only multi-national organization of its kind. It was founded with an agreement between the big three nations of North America; the United States, Canada and Mexico. Eventually other nations in North America saught the N.A.J.M.S.A and signed on to supporting the organization. Based out of Magia Insulam, the N.A.J.M.S.A Headquarters are massive, with a large above ground portion and even larger network of tunnels and underground rooms. It is also one of the most secure locations in the world, with state of the art security systems.

Ranks in the N.A.J.S.M.A are as follows, in ascending order
  • Cadet
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant Major
  • Inspector
  • Superintendent
  • Agent
  • Special Agent
  • Supervisory Special Agent
  • Deputy Assisstant Director
  • Assistant Director
  • Executive Assistant Director
  • Associate Deputy Director
  • Deputy Cheif
  • Cheif of Staff
  • Deputy Director
  • Director

The Grand Council is an ancient organization in the supernatural world, and rules over all mages not associated with the Church and Arcane (though there can be some Arcane associated Mages in the Grand Council). It consists of two levels, the first level is made up of elected members from 101 magic families. The second level is made up of elected councilors from each of the Eight families, plus a ninth member. How the ninth member is chosen is unknown to most everyone, but what is known is that they are never members of the Eight families. It is said that the ninth member is chosen by the First Mage, but seeing as the First Mage lived thousands of years ago, then it is highly unlikely. The other members are as stated before members of the Eight families, but they can not be the heads of the families. The first level is mainly responsible for the creation of magic laws and such, while it is up to the second level to approve it, deny it, or purpose changes to it.

During the height of the Cold War, the Grand Council was forced into a difficult situation with I.M.O.S.A just doing their job. As such, in order to avoid an all out conflict, the Grand Council had decided to join with I.M.O.S.A. When I.M.O.S.A fell apart, the Grand Council picked up a few of the pieces and rose to promenance. The Grand Council meets for their discussions, debates, business and councillors live in an underground complex underneath the Tower of London in London, England.

Arcane is a secret society which is composed of Mages and magical creations such as Golems and Homunculi. Arcane is a group of mages formed sometime during the 12th century by families of mages that believed that they had the right to rule over normal people. Though not as powerful as it once was, it is still alive and well. Much about Arcane is still unknown to this day, and most that is known is only based off of rumours. They have been rumoured to have been involved in more than a few magic incidents throughout history, as well as multiple wars and coups. It is also rumoured that they have connections to certain members of the Grand Council. The location of their headquarters is said to be somewhere within the Alps, though the exact location is only known by its members.

The Order of Saint Cyprian of Antioch (referred to as the Order) is a very old order within the Catholic Church. It's official date of foundation is irrelevant and as such has been forgotten for sometime now. It also doesn't help that the Order is keep extremely secret. In fact, the only normal people that know about the Order are the Pope, select Bishops within the Church, members of organizations that protect humans from the supernatural and normal human members of the Order itself. The Order is comprised of both normal humans, and mages in service to the church. Since the fall of I.M.O.S.A, they still haven't risen to be the largest faction. Members of the Order are trained to combat the supernatural, and mages if they stand against the church.

The Order is very fanatic in its beliefs, and will do whatever it takes to do their duty. When it comes to Mages, the Order generally will attempt to get the Mage to embrace God or face God’s wrath. When it comes to the supernatural, the Order’s policy is clear, kill it. As such, they often find themselves at odds with other factions of the supernatural world. However, when they are not our hunting for the supernatural or forcibly converting Mages, they can be found protecting the Lord’s Vault underneath the Vatican, which is the largest collection of magical items, mythical objects and holy relics.

The Order of Saint Cyprian of Antioch is based directly out of the Vatican with Chapter houses all throughout the world, largest one is in Antakya (often thought of as a secondary headquarters and the base of all their operations in the Middle East).

The Shadow Court is a mysterious and dangerous organization of supernatural beings. It was founded not long after their oldest enemy, the Order of Saint Cyprian of Antioch. The Shadow Court was founded for the sole purpose of protecting its founding members from the Church’s wrath through the strength of unity and a creation of a hierarchy for supernatural beings. Since it's founding it has found itself in a never ending war with the Order. And not to long ago was leading the war of the supernatural beings against humans.

The Shadow Court is not necessarily evil nor is it necessarily good, they just do what is best for their members. As such they can sometimes be a hindrance or a help to other groups. In fact, much of the details surrounding them are unknown. But what is known is the general location of their headquarters. The Shadow Court current Headquarters are said to be located somewhere in the mountains of central Romania.

The Cult of the Black Sun is a very old cult centred around the Black Sun. Not much is known about them, other than the fact that they seemed to disappear after the Liechtenstein Incident. What is known is that they only followed those who could read or they believe could have read the Enigma of the Black Sun.

The Eight

The Eight refers to the Eight most powerful and oldest Mage families. Each family has existed since the birth of magic in our world and were all originally taught by the First Mage. Each one established itself in its own area of the world and each family specializes in a specific type of magic. Each family also has a specific family crest, sigil or coat of arms that each member carries on them in some way.

House Hardouin is one of the Eight ancient families of mages, famous for their sense of nobility, honor, and their skill in spirit magics. House Hardouin settled down in an area that would become France. During the times of the French Monarchy, House Hardouin was a noble house known for its loyalty to the people over the crown. As such, House Hardouin was often at odds with the other French noble families, but yet no French noble family dared to mess with them. Over time the House Hardouin estate, the Palais des Grands Esprits, a palace built outside of the city of Bordeaux. To this day, the estate remains, and the family is still going strong. House Hardouin is known to be enemies of the House Rasputin and the House Marmara, and hold close friendly relationships with the Arashihana Family and the House of Santocoltello. Members of the House Hardouin all wear magic sigil rings with the family's coat of arms/crest on it.

The Arashihana Family are the most respected of the Eight ancient families. They are well known for their sense of justice, nobility, honor and skill in the manipulating the elements through magic. They are known to be very traditional and hoarders of knowledge. The Arashihana Family has claimed to have been not only followers of the Japanese emperors but also advisers to said emperors. And there reach didn't just spread over Japan, but they had members who also served as advisors for other oriental nations. In fact, a rogue branch of the family once served under the Huns, and later under the Khans of Mongolia. Over time however, there reach lessened until the modern era, where they still have family members serving in the government, but only in Japan. The Arashihana Family estate is a fairly large temple not far from Kyoto. The temple also has the largest private magic library in the world, guarded fiercely by the Arashihana Family. The Arashihana Family is very picky about who they build relationships with but they are on friendly terms with House Hardouin and the House of Santocoltello. They are not outright hostile towards any other families, but do frown upon House Marmara and House Rasputin. The Arashihana Family have their family crest on tattooed on the back of their left hand when they reach the age of 16.

House Rasputin is one of the Eight ancient families of mages, infamous for their pursuit of demonic summoning, lack of care for human life, and their secrecy. House Rasputin settled down away from most of humanity, in the region that would become known as Siberia. For most of history the House Rasputin has kept to themselves, on occasion clashing with other members of the Eight. They are the only ancient family to actually have a member of their family go down in the history of normal people, the Mad Monk, Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin. Their estate is a small castle located just outside of the town of Pokrovskoye. House Rasputin are known enemies of House Hardouin, the Arashihana Family, and the House of Santocoltello. They however hold close business relations with the House Marmara. Members of House Rasputin all wear magic sigil necklaces with the family crest on it.

The Astvaldursson Clan is one of the Eight ancient families of mages, well known for their sense of honor, their skill in all forms of alteration magic and their skill as warriors. The Astvaldursson Clan originally settled down in Norway. When the Vikings came along though, the Astvaldursson Clan sailed with them, looting and pillaging, and abandoning their old home when Iceland was discovered. So they settled in Iceland, and have been there ever since. Their estate remains there to this day, a seemingly normal looking estate with a massive series of underground chambers. The Astvaldursson Clan doesn’t necessarily have enemies, as their enemies change depending on the times, and who pays for their aid. Right now they have a working relationship with the House Marmara. All members of the Astvaldursson Clan have their family crest tattooed over their heart when they reach the age of 14.

The Maolmhaghna Clan is one of the Eight ancient families of mages, known for their rather isolationist existence, and skill in Druidic magic. The Maolmghaghna Clan are the first Druidic family, as well as the most powerful. They settled down on the Emerald Isle, Ireland. Due to their isolationist existence, they haven’t made much of a impact of history. Their estate is small, as they remain as connected to nature as they possibly can be, as such, their estate is just a few small houses. They are only enemies of the other families if they are attacked, or provoked. They have no working relationships with any of the other families. All members of the Maolmhaghna clan have their family crest tattooed onto their backs at the age of 14.

The al-Zadeh family is the most forgotten of the Eight. They are often overlooked by the other families as they aren't as large or powerful. They are in fact the smallest of the Eight families. The al-Zadeh had once been much more powerful, but that was long ago. The height of the families power was when they served as high priests for the pharaohs of Egypt. This ended however when Egypt fell in the hands of Rome. They then spent their years growing smaller until the 3rd Crusades, when the al-Zadeh family would offer their assistance to the great Saladin. After that though, they retreated into the desert, and rarely made any more marks on history. The al-Zadeh estate is said to be an old castle built for them somewhere in Egypt by Saladin for their services in the 3rd Crusade. However, no one but members of the al-Zadeh family have ever seen it as it is protected by a powerful illusion spell. Their feelings towards the other Eight families are just as mysterious as their history since the 3rd Crusades. The al-Zadeh family only display their family crests on magic necklaces they wear all the time.

The House of Santocoltello is one of the Eight families, and are well known for their mastery of warding magic, healing magic and any other form of magic designed to heal or protect. They are renowned for their acts of charity, and their virtuous existence. They rarely ever turn down someone who requires their aid. The House of Santocoltello has a long history that ties them closely with the Roman Catholic Church, and the monotheistic faiths in general. Unlike the other families that pretty much settled down in a single geographical area that would become a country, the House of Santocoltello has been everywhere in Europe, Northern Africa, and the Middle East. if you asked where they originated from, they would point you to the Holy Land. Their connection to the three monotheistic faiths comes from one of their ancestors, an extremely powerful mage, and a king. This king was none other than King Solomon, and by extension King David. Over the years, the House of Santocoltello drifted away from their home and eventually settled down in northern Italy. The rise of Christianity in the Roman Empire found the House of Santocoltello aiding the new Christians. As more time passed, the House of Santocoltello took upon its name. They aided Christians in the crusades to the Holy Land. The House of Santocoltello's estate is a relativily modest villa in the Alps. They wear magic sigil rings with their family sigil on it. It is also rumoured that they know the location of Solomon's Seal.

House Marmara is by far the richest and appear to be the largest of the Eight families. However, appearance can be deceiving. In actuality, House Marmara is fairly average in size, that is if you don't count all their homunculi. Only when the homunculi are counted as well do they become the largest. House Marmara has spent all of history on the island of Malta, no matter who occupied it, and through all those years they have done whatever they could to make money. Creating homunculi for the purpose of being sold as slaves or even as human sacrifices. They sold magic weapons and golems to both the Carthaginians and the Romans during the Punic Wars in order to keep the conflict active, so that they could create more and sell more. House Marmara rarely chooses a side during a conflict, given them a reputation in the Eight families as the people who’d shake your hand while stabbing you in the back. There are in fact only four times when House Marmara has taken a side. The first was them siding with the Venetians and providing them the tools needed to sack Constantinople. The second time was providing the Ottomans with equipment, and golems for the purpose of destroying the Byzantine Empire. The third time was when the Ottomans attempted to take Malta from the Knights and House Marmara, it is obvious that they assisted the Knights then. And finally, during WW2, House Marmara sided with the Axis powers, more specifically, the Nazi Party. Why they sided with the Nazi Party is a mystery which’s truth is only known by House Marmara, and whenever they are questioned about it, they simply say it was a mistake. But they always seem to say it with a smirk. Today, House Marmara is in the public eye, but not directly. Under their command, through specially designed homunculi, are many of the big companies of the world. As such, House Marmara not only has its primary estate on Malta, which is a fortress of a mansion, but they also have many outposts in major cities around the world. In fact, it is rumoured that the current head of state of Malta is a House Marmara Homunculus. They try to keep open business relations with the other families, but by far view House Rasputin as their closest allies and business partners, and have had the Astvaldursson Clan under a contract for a few years now. They only have one real enemy, House Hardouin. But that comes from the fact that they had never gotten along. All human members of House Marmara have a magic sigil ring with their family crest on it, while all homunculi members have the family crest burned onto their necks.

Notable Things

The Lord’s Vault is located deep underneath the Vatican, and is the largest collection of Magic Artifacts, Holy Artifacts, magic items and etc in the supernatural world. It is heavily guarded as there is more than enough things in it that can cause mayhem to the world if one was to break in and raid it.

Magic Artifacts are what they sound like, artifacts that are linked to magic, myth and legend. They are often used as catalysts for certain summoning magics, or as parts to magic constructs, but they can be used in other ways especially if they are fully intact. They can be used as magic batteries or if they are fully intact, how they were meant to be used. Magic Artifacts can be divided into different classes.

1.God Killer/Divine Class (Five Stars)
2. S Class (Four Stars)
3. E Class (Three Stars)
4. G Class (Two Stars)
5. F Class (One Star)

The Enigma of the Black Sun is a magic book that is currently believed to have been destroyed in the Liechtenstein Incident. Not much is known about the book, but what is known is quite disturbing. The book was said to have been written by an ancient Greek mage named Lykon who lived most his life in the great city of Alexandria during the time of the late years of the Ptolemaic Kingdom. It has been said that Lykon was originally one of the most respected of the mages that lived at the time, that was until he started to look into an ancient magic symbol, the Black Sun. The more he looked into it, the more he changed. He suffered horrible nightmares, and slowly fell into a deep madness. The mages of the Ptolemaic Kingdom attempted to convince him to abandon his research, but to no avail.

After that is when things got worse, Lykon became more prone to violence, and much more dangerous. At the same time, children had started to go missing. They attempted to lock him up to try up convinced that he just needed to be separated from his work. But by time they moved to imprison him, it was too late. The missing children were found, dead, with their skin removed from their bodies, and arranged in a way that suggested some sort of ritual. In the centre they found Lykon, barely alive and clutching to the a strange book. When they asked what happened, Lykon told them in detail what he did with a smile. He had removed their skin to make pages for his book, and using their blood and his own wrote the secrets of the Black Sun, and then when the book was finished preformed a final ritual to use his own soul to protect the book so that only the worthy would ever be able to read it. He died shortly after, laughing all the way.

From that point on, any who attempted to read the book wound up dead some way or another, leading the Enigma of the Black Sun to be known as a forbidden text, and locked away in the Lord’s Vault in an attempt to keep it from ever being read. Of course, that didn’t work and it eventually found its way into the hands of Ayla Zwahlen, who did not die after reading it, but instead fell into madness much like Lykon. The last time The Enigma of the Black Sun was seen was before the Lichtenstein Incident.

The Shadow Citadel Penitentiary is a prison designed to hold the most powerful mages and supernatural beings in the world. It is under the control of I.M.O.S.A and has been since its completion in the late 2000’s. It is a maximum security prison, with its inmate population consisting of mages and supernatural beings capable and willing to commit the worst of crimes. Prisoners have to wear specialized collars that not only allow for them to be easily identified, but also negate the use of magic and most supernatural abilities. It is said that the deeper you go, the more dangerous the inmates get and the worse their crimes are.

Due to the dangerous elements within its walls, the Shadow Citadel Penitentiary has the most advanced security systems, the best guards and powerful wards in order to keep anyone from escaping. If one was to escape though, they would likely die before getting to civilization as the Shadow Citadel Penitentiary is located in the far northern reaches of the Rocky Mountains.

However, after the fall of I.M.O.S.A, the Grand Council took over operation of the the Shadow Citadel Penitentiary.

Rifts are large tears in the fabric of reality created usually by very powerful beings forcing their way into the world of humans, or by massive magic events. Rifts are found throughout the world, and at each Rift an I.M.O.S.A facility could be found monitoring the Rifts in order to keep the things on the other side of them out of the human world. One of the most notable Rifts is the Liechtenstein Rift, which is the largest Rift in the world, created by the Liechtenstein Incident. It runs from Weissbad, Switzerland, through Liechtenstein and ends in St. Luzisteig, Switzerland. Due to the magical nature of the Rifts, they are known for radiating magic power, heightening the magic affinity of humans exposed to the Rifts at a young age. Rifts are invisible to normal people, but visible to mages and other supernatural beings. Supernatural beings often feel an increase in their strength and magical affinity when near a Rift.

The Liechtenstein Incident was the founding event for I.M.O.S.A despite the fact that no one really remembers what exactly happened. In fact, the only known person who knows what exactly happened is Ayla Zwahlen, the Mage responsible for the Liechtenstein Incident, who seems to be unable to age, and is currently held in the deepest depths of the Shadow Citadel Penitentiary. What is known to I.M.O.S.A about the event is that it was a Timebreak Event, which is an event said to cause such chaos and turmoil that the universe literally resets time in an attempt to protect itself. As such, the Incident started in 1901, and ended in 1901, but due to the Timebreak the Incident could have lasted hundreds of years.

Magia Insulam, an artificial island, built for one purpose, to serve as a location where the governments of the contient of North America could isolate and contain a number of supernatural beings. While Magia Insulam was not the only supernatural isolation, but it was however the largest. Almost the entire island was a great city, with the same name as the island, with some green space dotted throughout the island city. The city itself is further divided into 6 districts. The north and northeast of the island is dominated by the district of Rex Arces, which is home to many of the wealthy and powerful of Magia Insulam, as such many large estates and much green space can be found here. To the east of Magia Insulam is the district of Parva Flumen, which is home to most of the mid middle class. The southeast is dominated by the district of Refer Anguis, which is home to the lower middle class. The south and southwest is covered by the district of Tenebris Crystallo, which is home to the lower class. The west of Magia Insulam is dominated by the district of Praetor Atrium, more commonly known as the downtown core. Finally, the northwest of the island is dominated by the district of Transgressus Equitibus, which is home to the upper middle class.
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:36 pm

OP Characters

Character App
Name: Special Agent Kato Galen
Race: Human - Mage
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation:
Bio: All you need to know is that Kato was born on the mainland in the USA. His father was a high ranking member of the United States Department of Magical Affairs. The Department of Magical Affairs, while existing for the same reason as the N.A.J.M.S.A, the Department of Magical Affairs focuses on the supernatural and magical beings within the United States borders. So, with his fathers position, and the fact he displayed great promise with magic, he was pretty much destined to follow his fathers footsteps. And that he did, until a single event, when he lost everything.

This event appeared to be a simple artifact confiscation job. But just as they were raiding a warehouse where the artifact was being held, Kato and his team ran into a certain group, the Black Angels. And everything went south, he failed the job, lost his team, and barely made it out alive and losing a leg. Due to his failure, his father disowned him, and he was stripped of his rank.

Eventually, he found himself in the employment of the N.A.J.M.S.A, and quickly rose through the ranks to the position of Special Agent. They also provided him a magitech prostetic leg, which makes it nearly impossible to tell he lost a leg. Now, he operates on Magia Insulam.
Appearance:
*Note: He stands 5'10"

Magic:
Aura of Submission - Kato is capable of manifesting his magic has an emensely powerful aura. While this aura enhances his physical abilities, the pressure it gives off is more than enough for even normal humans to feel. The aura's pressure in fact instills fear in most people, causing most who stand against Kato to simple fall to their knees and submit to him, hence the name, "aura of Submission".
Invocation - Kato is capable of manifesting his magic in one of the simpliest, and oldest forms of magic. Invocation, which requires the mage to speak the spell. But unlike other magic, invocation can effect physical objects, as well as people. Using invocation on people requires longer spells, and the use of the persons true name. But the price is worth it, for Kato can cause force people into complying with his orders, as well as cause other physical effects on the person whose name was spoken.
Dimensional Storage - Kato is capable of storing objects in a small pocket dimension, and then recall them with the use of magic.
Aegis Barrier - Kato is capable of using one of the ultimate defensive magics, the Aegis Barrier. Named after the mythical Aegis. The Aegis Barrier is an extremely durable magic barrier that surrounds the user. While surrounded by the Aegis Barrier, Kato is incapable of using offensive magic, or even attacking, as all his focus is required for maintaining the barrier.
Telepathic Command - To put it simply, with magic, Kato is capable of creating telepathic connections to individuals, which allows for private communication. He is also capable of interfering with other telepaths, hijacking their connections, and even seeing into the minds of other people. Though, probing ones mind requires focus and contact, unless he is given access willingly.
Magic Detection - Kato is capable of detecting magic energy, and can even identify the type of magic being used.

Other Abilities:
Peak Human Condition - Through years of training, Kato has reached peak human physical condition, like most of his collegues in the N.A.J.M.S.A.
Hand to Hand Training - Like other members of the N.A.J.M.S.A, Kato has training in hand to hand combat
Expert Swordsman - Kato has been trained to make expert use of swords by the N.A.J.M.S.A.
Expert Marksman - Kato has been trained to make expert use of firearms by the N.A.J.M.S.A, with his favourite firearms of choice being pistols.

Weapon(s):
A Sabre and sheath
Two pistols
Other weapons in his pocket dimension

RP Sample: OP
Did you read the Rules? OP

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Patient, and a planner. While he is extremely powerful, he purposely holds back, not wanting to overwhelm his opponents. In fact, he will be more often than not willing to talk to his opponents, and try to talk them down. With that in mind, he is no pacifist. Given a reason to, he will fight. He is kind, and unlike some of his collegues, willing to bend the rules if it is for the greater good. It is also worth noting that he is determined, and if he sets his sights on something, nothing will stop him. That is if he gets serious. As seen in the fact he holds back, Kato is rarely seen as serious, but also not seen as childish. What he cares about from time to time just isn't what you'd expect.
Likes: Saving money, sales at the supermarket, protecting all citizens of Magia Insulam, studying the past, his nifty magitech prostetic leg, good music, good books, good movies, good TV, good manga and good anime
Dislikes: Using his Aura of Submission, to many laws, to much personal freedom, running in without a plan, his father, Black Angels

Alignment: Neutral Good
Theme Song: Glitter and Gold - Barns Courtney

Character App
Name: MGC-X1, codename Generate
Race: Homanculi
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Unknown
Bio: Created five years ago in the House Marmara personal lab, Generate was created as a prototype for future combat homunculi for the House Marmara. In fact, she is the first homunculus created that does not age, as a piece of a fragment of the Holy Grail was used in her creation. It also explains why she generates so much magic power and raw physical power. She never needed combat training as all the combat training she'd need was placed in her head when she was created. Over these past four years she has been through what most people would consider hell. Abuse, in all forms has been the least horrible thing done to her, but due to how her mind had been, for a lack of a better word, programmed, she doesn't necessarily understand that she has been wronged.

She has recently been sent to the House Marmara estate found on Magia Insulam, for unknown reasons.
Appearance:
*Note: She stands 5'4"

Magic:
Magical Energy Generation - The ability that gives Generate her name. She is capable of generating massive amounts of magical energy, far more than most mages and supernatural beings. In fact, she can generate so much magic energy that it is not only visible as an aura, but creates a shimmer effect in the air around her aura. This shimmer effect is actually the fabric of reality being effected by the aura. It should be mentioned, that like a generator, she can generate to much power, and burn out herself.
Magical Constructs - Generate is able to use the magical energy she generates to create magical constructs. These constructs can be basically anything she can think of, as long as they are not to large.
Magical Energy Transfer - Generate is capable of transferring the magical energy she creates to other beings, or items. In doing so, she can make magic used by other beings stronger, store magical energy in items to be used later, or just increase the strength of a magical item. She can also transfer magical energy to non-magic beings, allowing them to use magic until the magical energy they were given runs out.

Other Abilities:
Supernatural Physical Condition - Generates physical condition is far beyond that of even peak humans. She is more than agile enough to dodge bullets and other high speed projectiles. She is durable enough to take punishment form powerful supernatural beings and keep fighting, however this is perhaps the lowest of her supernaturally enhanced aspects. Her dexterity, flexiblity and balance allow her to perform feats of acrobatics that even other supernatural beings can only envy. Her endurance is enough to keep her fighting other powerful supernatural beings for long periods of time, in almost any condition. Generate is capable of leaping massive distances, allowing for her to scale tall buildings with greater ease. Her reflexes along with her agility and accelerated perception, are what allows her to easily avoid bullets. Generate is also capable of holding her breath for extremely long time due to her lung capacity.
Like her durability, her strength, while at the supernatural level, is low compared to her other physical aspects, that said she can still match the strength of other supernatural abilities. Generate's speed is increadible even among supernatural beings, allowing her to match or out class her opponents and overwhelm them in some cases with her speed. Now, what good would this speed be if she couldn't keep it up, and that is where her supernatural stamina comes into play, and along with her endurance and durablility, keep her fighting for long periods of time. Along with these physically enhanced aspects, Generate also has supernatural level senses.
Supernatural Awareness - Generate has supernatural awareness, and as such is aware of nearly everything that happens around her. As such, sneaking up on her is nearly impossible.
Contaminant Immunity - Generate is immune to contaminants to her body, as such she can not be poisoned, nor can she get drunk, high and etc.
Accelerated Perception - As it sounds, Generate is able to preceive everything at an accelerated rate.
Body Language Analysis - Generate is capable of easily reading most other beings body language, and as such can not only anticipate their actions, but also tell when someone is lying to her, and so on.
Efficient Movement - Generate is capable of moving in such a way that uses less force or energy without sacrificing speed and agility.
Unbreakable - Generate is unbreakable, at least her mind is. She does not feel fear, nor is she intimedated. She can be put in the most stressful situations and she will always have a clear head.
Built to Battle - Generate was built for battle, and as such, she is able to use any weapon with great skill, is capable of using almost anything as a weapon, "programmed" with the knowledge of a multitude of martial arts, capable of adapting to any combat situation and can even replicate movements and actions after seeing them just once.
Omnilingual - Generate can speak every language known to man, including some dead ones.

Weapon(s): Whatever she can create from her magical energy

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Generate lacks an understanding of the concept of humour, or of right or wrong. She doesn't even really understand her own feelings. She is "programmed" to be loyal to House Marmara, and defend any member of the family by any means necessary. She has very limited free will, as such she rarely acts without permission from House Marmara, at least on missions.
Dislikes: Unknown

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Theme Song: TBA

Character App
Name: Éloi Hardouin
Sexual Orientation: Hetero
Bio: Éloi Hardouin was born to the prestigious House Hardouin. His father, Vilhelm Hardouin formerly Vilhelm Augustsson, was a famous Magical Archaeologist, with his greatest find being what he believed was a fragment of the Club of Herakles/Hercules. His mother, Valérie Hardouin is the second in line to succeed to the head of House Hardouin, and is currently the Councilor for House Hardouin on the Grand Council. The marriage was just as much political as much as it was for love.

After a few years, Éloi came into being, and grew up as any other child of House Hardouin would. He grew up at the Palais des Grands Esprits, learned sword play from a young age, and many other general things. His mother personally taught him about a certain type of spirit magic, and his father taught him about magic history and many martial arts. When he was six, his mother was chosen as the House Hardouin Counclor for the Grand Council.

Upon his mother taking the role of Councilor, he moved out of the Palais des Grands Esprits and moved into the House Hardouin Quarters of the Grand Council complex under the Tower of London. When his mother wasn't busy with Grand Council business, she continued to teach him. Sometimes she was busy for weeks on ends, and for those weeks, Éloi would go on trips with his father to dig sites around the world.

When Éloi turned twelve, as was House Hardouin tradition, he under went his first Legendary Spirit summon. His father gave him the fragment of the Club of Herakles/Hercules, and was actually able to summon and contracted with the hero. It was a proud moment not only for Éloi, but for the entire Hardouin. Until now, there was no record of a spirit magic user being able to summon and contract with Herakles/Hercules.

After that he continued his studies at Grand Council affiliated schools, until he finally graduated. Now, he comes to Magia Insulam, and the Hardouin Estate on the island, with his little sister following a lead on their father.
Appearance:
*Note: he stands about 6'1", and his family sigil ring has a small spike that pops out when he wishes to summon Herakles/Hercules or Chevalier d'Éon

Magic:
Legendary Spirit Summoning - Éloi is, like the rest of his family, an expert at Legendary Spirit Summoning. He is currently contracted with two spirits.

One being among the strongest of the Legendary Spirits, and the strongest Greek/Roman Legendary Spirit, Herakles/Hercules. Herakles/Hercules possess overwhelming strength, durability, regeneration factor, but lacks any magical abilities. Herakles/Hercules is summoned armed with his club, and wearing the inpenetrable Nemean lion pelt. The incantation for summoning Herakles/Hercules used by Éloi is as follows; "Child of the gods, born of Alcmene, redemption for thy sins through 12, thy legend lives on. Heed my call and prove thy legend."

The other spirit that Éloi has contracted with, which is fairly recent, is the spirit of the French knighted spy, Chevalier d'Éon, or Charles-Geneviève-Louis-Auguste-André-Timothée d'Éon de Beaumont. While not nearly as strong, Chevalier d'Éon specializes in stealth and even has access to two magical abilities, that being the ability to change his body, sex and clothes along with the ability to enchant most unsuspecting targets, getting them to do his/her will. Other than this, Chevalier d'Éon is quite agile, quick, and skilled with a rapier, while being relatively frail. The incantation for summoning Chevalier d'Éon used by Éloi is as follows; "Child of Gaul, Spy of the Secret du Roi, recpient of the cross of St. Louis, left for England a man, returned a woman. I offer you the chance to prove your legend."
Magic Detection - Éloi is capable of detecting magic, and even identifying the nature of such magic. Unlike most others with this magic ability, Éloi is capable of applying it to magical items, artifacts and relics.
Enchant Sword - A relatively new magical ability for Éloi, he can harness magical energy into his rapier, making it stronger and deadlier in combat. He can also blast the magical energy out of the rapier for a ranged attack if need be.

Other Abilities:
Skilled Swordsman - Éloi is only really skilled with one type of weapon, and that being swords. Even among swords, rapiers are his best sword, and thus always uses a rapier
Silver Tongue - Éloi is gifted with knowing what words to speak at any given time. He can also talk his way out of most situations he may find himself in
Magic Historian - While not as knowledgable as his missing father, Éloi has an impressive grasp on magic history
Martial Artist - Éloi is trained in a number of martial arts, which means even without his sword he can still fight effectively.
Weapon(s): His rapier

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Éloi is a relatively quiet individual who will more often than not prefer to listen rather than speak. And he puts this behavior into use during fights as well. He is cool headed in combat and prefers to out think his opponent, watch them, and then apply strategy in the heat of battle. Out of battle, he is a very kind individual who cares deeply about all those around him and always seeks to do whats right. He is hard to anger, and doesn't swear or cuss very often. When it comes to his friends, he will do whatever he can to protect them and help them be happy.
Likes: His sister, House Hardouin, his father's work, history, myth
Dislikes: Those who say his father purposely left House Hardouin, House Marmara, House Rasputin, those who seek to harm others

Theme Song: Dad's Song - Set It Off

Character App
Name: Lycaonia Uchita
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Bio: Her past is as she puts it, "None of your damn business". But if you really want to know, well tough luck, you're going to have to work for it. All you need to know is she is she recently moved to Magia Insulam, and currently appears to be unemployeed.
Appearance:
*Note: She stands about 6’2”

Magic:
Shamanism - Lycaonia is a practioner of shamanism or a shaman, and a very skilled one at that. Being a shaman, she is able to perceive, contact and harness beings from the spiritual world through multiple means. It is through this, the magic of shamanism, that she is able to use her other magic abilities.
Astral Projection - Lycaonia is capable of using magic to separate her spirit from her body, allowing her to travel between realms. While in this state, her body is vulnerable, but her spirit becomes stronger. She not only has access to her normal magic, but her spirit also gains the powers of flight, inaudibility, inodorosity, intangibility, invisibility, telekinesis and even possess weak willed individuals.
Claivoyance - Lycaonia is capable of gaining information about an object, person, location or event via sources from the spiritual world.
Astral Vision - Lycaonia is capable of seeing beings from overlapping planes of existence that are normally unseeable to normal humans and most mages.
Aura Reading - Lycaonia is capable of seeing the auras of every sentient being. From these auras she can determine multiple things about them such as what they are, their emotions, health, the nature of any magic they may have, physical, mental and spiritual strength.
Death Sense - Lycaonia, though her connection with the spiritual world, is capable of sensing when someones death is near. While she isn't able to know how they will die, or where they will die. She is only capable of determining when they are destined to die, assuming nothing forces their life to end early.
Nature Sense - Lycaonia has a natural connection to the natural world. She can sense the overall well-being and conditions of her surrounding environment and natural setting.
Ancestral Evocation - Lycaonia is capable of calling upon her anscestors for aid.
Banishment - Lycaonia can call upon her contacts within the spiritual world to banish beings from other realms from the mortal world, depending on there strength that is.
Healing - Calling on the aid of spirits from the spiritual world, Lycaonia can heal others, but not herself. Healing however takes time and physical contact, the worse the injury, the longer it takes. She however can not heal someone, if they are destined to die from their injuries.
Summoning - Lycaonia is capable of summoning spirits. However, she can not summon any spirit she wishes, instead she is limited to being able to summon up to four spirit wolves, which are capable of effecting the physical world and boast an impressive resistance to physical weapons and magic. Two of the spirit wolves happen to be white, and the other two are black.
Spirit Animal Connection - Lycaonia is tightly bound with a certain animal spirit, her so called spirit animal. This animal happens to be a wolf. Because of this bond, Lycaonia is capable of many things, not just being able to communicate with it. First, she is able to imitate its abilities, which include enhanced senses, a compass sense, night vision, enhanced endurance, enhanced speed, enhanced strength, environmental adaptation and a predatory instinct. Second, Lycaonia can materialize her spirit wolf as a guardian, in this state, the spirit wolf is much more the size of a direwolf. Finally, Lycaonia can communicate, and form an allegiance with other wolves.

Other Abilities:
Indomiable Will - In order to be an effective shaman, not only does Lycaonia have to be strong of mind and spirit. As such, Lycaonia possesses a nearly unbreakable will power. She does however a massive weakness. She can take almost anything, but if her weakness is discovered and exploited, breaking her comes easy.
Peak Human Condition - In order to be an effective shaman, not only does Lycaonia have to be strong of mind and spirit, but also needs to be strong of body. As such, Lycaonia has trained, and trained, and is now in the best condition she can get into naturally.
Survival Skills - Lycaonia happened to spend a lot of time alone in the wilderness in her past, so she kinda knows how to survive.
Hand to Hand - Lycaonia knows how to fight with great skill hand to hand or with knives.
Weapon(s): Who needs weapons?

Optional Stuff:
Personality: An isolationist with the apparent personaility of a Canadian Goose. She doesn't trust many people nor like a lot of people, and she cares herself with a confidence that many find intimedating, thus ending many fights before they began. She isn't the sort of person you want to mess with. However, if you manage to get to know her, and get her to trust you, well....
Likes: Being along, wolves, nature, the company of spirits
Dislikes: Living people, cities

Alignment: True Neutral
Theme Song: Well, heres a rarity from me, multiple themes for my characters....Takedown - Blue Stahli (Lyrics), Hold On - Chord Overstreet and How to Save A Life - The Fray

Character App
Name: Brother Godwyn
Sexual Orientation: Hetero
Bio: All you need to know is that Brother Godwyn is one of the Order of Saint Cyprian of Antioch's top operatives.
Appearance:

Magic:
Physical Augmentation - Brother Godwyn is capable of harnessing his magical energy, and concentrating in order to enhance his own physical aspects by a very large factor. Such aspects that can be enhanced include his strength, speed, defense/durability and senses.
Damage Reduction - Brother Godwyn is capable of surrounding himself or others with a temporary layer of magical energy that reduces the damage taken by those surrounded by the magic layer.
Debuffing - Brother Godwyn is capable of weakening the magic of his opponents temporarily.
Enhancement Calling - Brother Godwyn is capable of granting temporary enhancements to others. Such enhancements include, enhancements to accuracy, strength, defense, combat skill, speed and immunity to ailments.
Healing - Brother Godwyn is capable of healing others, however, he can not heal himself. His healing is relatively basic, not being able to heal severe injuries.
Accelerated Perception - Harnessing magic power, Brother Godwyn is capable of preceiving everything at an accelerated rate.
Weapon Enhancement - By concentrating magical energy into his weapons, he can make them far more powerful and deadly.
Exorcism - Being a man of the Church, and a member of the Order, Brother Godwyn is capable of using magical energy to preform exorcisms.
Sanctification - Being a man of the Church, and a member of the Order, Brother Godwyn is capable of using magical energy to sanctify objects and remains
Smite - By harnessing a vast amount of magical energy into a single point, Brother Godwyn is able to make an extremely powerful magic attack, capable of defeat most in one blow.
Theurgy - Using magical energy, Brother Godwyn is capable of communicating with the forces of heaven to preform miracles
Other Abilities:
Multilingual - Speaks English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Hebrew, Arabic, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian and Latin
Expert Marksman - Brother Godwyn is quite a skilled marksman
Hand to Hand Master - Brother Godwyn is highly skilled in hand to hand combat
Encyclopedic Knowledge of the Supernatural - Its what it sounds like, Brother Godwyn knows quite a lot about the supernatural
Weapon(s): Two revolvers hidden somewhere in his suit

Optional Stuff:
Personality: At first glance, Brother Godwyn appears to be your common member of the Order, serious, loyal, softly spoken and kind to humans. However, when you get to know him, you'd discover that unlike most of his comrades, Brother Godwyn treats the supernatural with the same respect he gives other humans.
Dislikes: To be seen

Theme Song: Till the Day I Die - TobyMac

Character List

Zachariah Iver - Alchemist Knight - Camelone

Aster - Amnesiac Jotunn - Charlia
Charlotte - Powerful yet weak - Charlia
Elinor Grey - The Girl with Many Toys - Charlia
Hania Seren - The Sandpaper Woman - Charlia
Marielle Hardouin - Bitter Sweet Sugar - Charlia

Xirastilla Lunnebbia Aghti - Bipity Bop - Khasinkonia

Aoife Ní Dhiarmada - Wanna be Heroine - Lunas Legion
The Watcher - The Outdated Homunculus - Lunas Legion

Everton Tallow - The Rune-smith - True Refuge
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 11 times in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:45 pm

Boredom is a dangerous thing, my friend. Now, who shall I play...
Last edited by Charlia on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

True Refuge
Senator

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby True Refuge » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:00 pm

Long(ish) time no see.

For once I'm here at the start of the OOC, and it seems I'm here without having written a misguided app before tagging.

I won't make the mistake of stepping on the lore's toes this time. It seems that the lore is a little different this time, so I'd love to bring in Everton of course, but I'm open to making a different character if the Watchers or similar backstory won't work. What with I.M.O.S.A being disbanded prior to this supernatural war, I'm hoping that the former is possible, perhaps by having the Watchers be a small paramilitary group. They could also have met after appearing in the same squad/conclave/whatever a group of mages are called in Grand Council service. For now I'm just thinking about the best way to incorporate it.

Otherwise, 'ello everyone.
Last edited by True Refuge on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COMMUNIST
"If we have food, he will eat. If we have air, he will breathe. If we have fuel, he will fly." - Becky Chambers, Record of a Spaceborn Few
"One does not need to be surprised then, when 26 years later the outrageous slogan is repeated, which we Marxists burned all bridges with: to “pick up” the banner of the bourgeoisie. - International Communist Party, Dialogue with Stalin.

ML, anarchism, co-operativism (known incorrectly as "Market Socialism"), Proudhonism, radical liberalism, utopianism, social democracy, national capitalism, Maoism, etc. are not communist tendencies. Read a book already.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:14 pm

True Refuge wrote:Long(ish) time no see.

For once I'm here at the start of the OOC, and it seems I'm here without having written a misguided app before tagging.

I won't make the mistake of stepping on the lore's toes this time. It seems that the lore is a little different this time, so I'd love to bring in Everton of course, but I'm open to making a different character if the Watchers or similar backstory won't work. What with I.M.O.S.A being disbanded prior to this supernatural war, I'm hoping that the former is possible, perhaps by having the Watchers be a small paramilitary group. They could also have met after appearing in the same squad/conclave/whatever a group of mages are called in Grand Council service. For now I'm just thinking about the best way to incorporate it.

Umm... write up a description for the Watchers, and how they will fit into the world in more detail and we'll see
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:33 pm

Not gonna lie, that you already had an IC up. Also Le Tag
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Tag

Tertuath Hath
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 17, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Tertuath Hath » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:57 pm

Tag

True Refuge
Senator

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby True Refuge » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:43 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
True Refuge wrote:Long(ish) time no see.

Umm... write up a description for the Watchers, and how they will fit into the world in more detail and we'll see

I'd basically imagine the Watchers like follows:

The Watchers was the informal nickname for a group of battle-mages formed in ~2009 and disbanded in ~2025 (Dates may be changed) that fought under the banner of the Grand Council's British subsidiary during the great supernatural war of 2003-2023. Led by Matthew Watcher, the namesake of the group and a descendant of a magically powerful but politically minor family, the group assembled its members through various means, including conscription of Council employees, calling in of old favours from certain clans, and a general public recruitment drive. Such approaches were standard tactics shared with the formation of many other 'squads' of mages in the initial stages of the war, which aimed to foster camaraderie between the soldiers of the Council and humanity, and create well-balanced fighting units capable of using many different arts and more mundane skills to defeat the Shadow Court's denizens.

The core members, who remained part of the group from its formation until its dissolution, included Matthew Watcher, who's direct line of descent had commanded similar groups throughout history, his niece Lana Watcher, Hania Seren, Ichiru Hashimoto, Everton Tallow and Walter Usher. Other affiliated mages who either joined after the formation of the Watchers, were transferred during the war, or retired before the group's dissolution included Alicia Cromwell (a Shadow Court defector), Charlotte Noble, Kiri Masaiah, Quartz Ernst, and many others.

After their participation in a number of successful operations against the Court in Europe, most of which focused on espionage, assassination and sabotage the Watchers experienced minor fame within the Britain-Council joint military forces, although they were most well known for not suffering a single casualty throughout the entire war through their impressive planning and their ability to adapt to fluid situations. Sadly, these victories would set in movement the events that led to the Watchers losing their efficacy and suffering from factionalism after peace was restored, and its eventual fracturing.

Without specific detail on the war I can't go into too much depth without risking contradicting any headcanon you might have. I didn't include Merlin in the member list because I guessed you might use him for something else, or not have him exist at all.

I suggest that the Watchers went into a variety of occupations afterwards, but mostly found places within the Grand Council as it mopped up any last bits of resistance and helped the world recover.

What do ya think? Anything that needs to be added or taken out?
Last edited by True Refuge on Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
COMMUNIST
"If we have food, he will eat. If we have air, he will breathe. If we have fuel, he will fly." - Becky Chambers, Record of a Spaceborn Few
"One does not need to be surprised then, when 26 years later the outrageous slogan is repeated, which we Marxists burned all bridges with: to “pick up” the banner of the bourgeoisie. - International Communist Party, Dialogue with Stalin.

ML, anarchism, co-operativism (known incorrectly as "Market Socialism"), Proudhonism, radical liberalism, utopianism, social democracy, national capitalism, Maoism, etc. are not communist tendencies. Read a book already.

Song-Lu
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Song-Lu » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:34 am

My golly, lots have happened while I was out. It's good to be back to flex my RP muscles. I like the premise of this roleplay, so I might as well tag this and might do a faction application, namely the Miskatonic University, that is if the OP approves.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:14 am

True Refuge wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

I'd basically imagine the Watchers like follows:

The Watchers was the informal nickname for a group of battle-mages formed in ~2009 and disbanded in ~2025 (Dates may be changed) that fought under the banner of the Grand Council's British subsidiary during the great supernatural war of 2003-2023. Led by Matthew Watcher, the namesake of the group and a descendant of a magically powerful but politically minor family, the group assembled its members through various means, including conscription of Council employees, calling in of old favours from certain clans, and a general public recruitment drive. Such approaches were standard tactics shared with the formation of many other 'squads' of mages in the initial stages of the war, which aimed to foster camaraderie between the soldiers of the Council and humanity, and create well-balanced fighting units capable of using many different arts and more mundane skills to defeat the Shadow Court's denizens.

The core members, who remained part of the group from its formation until its dissolution, included Matthew Watcher, who's direct line and commanded similar groups throughout history, his niece Lana Watcher, Hania Seren, Ichiru Hashimoto, Everton Tallow and Walter Usher. Other affiliated mages, who either joined after formation, were transferred during the war, or retired before the group's dissolution, included Alicia Cromwell (a Shadow Court defector), Charlotte Noble, Kiri Masaiah, Quartz Ernst, and many others.

After their participation in a number of successful operations against the Court in the European theater, most of which focused on espionage, assassination and sabotage the Watchers experienced minor fame within the Britain-Council joint military forces, although they were most well known for not suffering a single casualty throughout the entire war through their impressive planning and their ability to adapt to fluid situations. Sadly, these victories would set in movement the events that led to the Watchers losing their efficacy and suffering from factionalism after peace was restored, and its eventual fracturing.

Without specific detail on the war I can't go into too much depth without risking contradicting any headcanon you might have. I didn't include Merlin in the member list because I guessed you might use him for something else, or not have him exist at all.

I suggest that the Watchers went into a variety of occupations afterwards, but mostly found places within the Grand Council as it mopped up any last bits of resistance and helped the world recover.

What do ya think? Anything that needs to be added or taken out?

Check with Charlia about Charlotte, but other than that it seems fine
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

The Posthuman Coalition
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Posthuman Coalition » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:45 am

Tag.
-- NOVVS HVMANITAE --
Tier 11, Level 0, Type 9

MANKIND HAS BECOME SEMPITERNAL

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:52 am

Also, if anybody is looking to make a character with a tragic or just sad backstory(particularly younger characters), I’d like to have a word with them. For my character, I’m hoping to make a fairy godparent of sorts, but obviously a fairy godparent needs a godchild(ren).

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:56 am

Khasinkonia wrote:Also, if anybody is looking to make a character with a tragic or just sad backstory(particularly younger characters), I’d like to have a word with them. For my character, I’m hoping to make a fairy godparent of sorts, but obviously a fairy godparent needs a godchild(ren).
Friendly neighborhood bringer of tragedy and suffering, reporting for duty.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:29 am

Charlia wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Also, if anybody is looking to make a character with a tragic or just sad backstory(particularly younger characters), I’d like to have a word with them. For my character, I’m hoping to make a fairy godparent of sorts, but obviously a fairy godparent needs a godchild(ren).
Friendly neighborhood bringer of tragedy and suffering, reporting for duty.

Knew I could count on you.
So you’re cool with one of your characters having a fairy godmother?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:34 am

No Fairy godparents (wish granting)

Now, a Fae that is someone's godparent would be alright.
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:51 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Charlia wrote:Friendly neighborhood bringer of tragedy and suffering, reporting for duty.

Knew I could count on you.
Well, I mean, obviously if you were thinking classic fairy godmother style, that's just been ruled out.

But it would be an interesting dynamic. Too bad the character who would be most fun to do that with... well, it doesn't seem like she's going to be around, this time. *deep sigh*

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:42 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:No Fairy godparents (wish granting)

What I was planning on doing with “wish granting” was mostly matters of convenience. Lots of rules and regulations for what magic can and cannot do.
Charlia wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Knew I could count on you.
Well, I mean, obviously if you were thinking classic fairy godmother style, that's just been ruled out.

But it would be an interesting dynamic. Too bad the character who would be most fun to do that with... well, it doesn't seem like she's going to be around, this time. *deep sigh*

I was thinking something like Fairy Godparents Rules, which, if you also rip out some cartoon physics, serve pretty well with some minor edits, if Faal is willing to re-examine it. Honestly I was mostly thinking mild Bippity Boppity Boo type magic.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:No Fairy godparents (wish granting)

What I was planning on doing with “wish granting” was mostly matters of convenience. Lots of rules and regulations for what magic can and cannot do.
Charlia wrote:Well, I mean, obviously if you were thinking classic fairy godmother style, that's just been ruled out.

I was thinking something like Fairy Godparents Rules, which, if you also rip out some cartoon physics, serve pretty well with some minor edits, if Faal is willing to re-examine it. Honestly I was mostly thinking mild Bippity Boppity Boo type magic.

No reality altering (wish granting) characters.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Arkeyana
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Arkeyana » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Tag.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:What I was planning on doing with “wish granting” was mostly matters of convenience. Lots of rules and regulations for what magic can and cannot do.

Wasn’t planning on that really. If a fairy godparent in this reality could wave a wand and make everything better instead of just making things bearable, they’d be out of a job :p
(By that I mean think more making writing supplies and completed homework magically appear rather than a rollercoaster in your bedroom or something crazy)

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Wasn’t planning on that really. If a fairy godparent in this reality could wave a wand and make everything better instead of just making things bearable, they’d be out of a job :p
(By that I mean think more making writing supplies and completed homework magically appear rather than a rollercoaster in your bedroom or something crazy)

Still a no to the wish granting Fairy godparent...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:07 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Wasn’t planning on that really. If a fairy godparent in this reality could wave a wand and make everything better instead of just making things bearable, they’d be out of a job :p

Still a no to the wish granting Fairy godparent...

Well i guess I’ll figure something else out...

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Well, I have been asked to bring back two characters, which I shall do happily... would love to have a third make her reappearance, possibly even a fourth... would also like to make a new character.

It's happening again, guys. I CAN'T STOP.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse