NATION

PASSWORD

Create a World's History

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pilarcraft
Senator

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:56 am

100 MY: In continuation of the MODs attempt to civilize Maxland, five more cities are founded in close to the capital, named Ausburg, Ameligrad, Maxlund, Norfont, and Istenborg. The Five cities, still barely populated, each form the capital cities for future drawing of the borders.

101 MY: Queen Amelia's party returns to Maxland after braving the journey, and the MODs abdicate, giving her the throne. Amelia does not, yet, see reason to stop the civilization plan, but begins working to solidify their foundings into books and adding them to the Maxland Archives.
The Confederal Alliance of Pilarcraft ✺ That world will cease to be
Led by The Triumvirate.
OOC | Military | History |Language | Overview | Parties | Q&A | Factbooks
Proud Civic Persian Nationalist
B.P.D.: Dossier on parallel home-worlds released, will be updated regularly to include more encountered in the Convergence.

Kalaascovy
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaascovy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:15 am

101 MY (cont):
One of the soldiers that attended with Queen Amelia goes into the Maginot Archive to look into some of his works, reading one of the scribbled texts he realized it was now in perfect [insert language that everyone speaks] and could now read and understand it. He runs to the Queen and informs her of this knowledge, he even is able to name the Holy City. Ulma Vriska. People now want to try and get information out of Maginot who is on his deathbed in a government sanctioned “protection house” for the important but senile.
The Syndicalist Union of Kalaascovy
The Antarctic Cold Truly is the Heart of Freedom

A nation which birthed itself in a civil war out of the decaying Empire of Kromerov, it resides in a fictional Polynesian island chain near Antarctica in the continent of Balugata during the 2040s. It is known for its radical politics, high Human Development Index, and devotion to local autonomy. Allies with Rohendia and keeps friendly relations with North Rohendia
Ignored policies: Capitalism, Compulsory Organ Harvesting

A bored college age lad who is trying to get into Cyber Security. Known commonly as Hussar with friends.

I speak Light Polish

[Ⓐ]

And I am so gay

Please check out my puppet Kromerov for what we used to be.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:23 am

102 MY: On the New Year's Day, Maginot confessed to the people surrounding him about his foundings back then. In his last breath, he revealed everything that the explorers and Queen Amelia I didn't know. He was soon dead.
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:24 am

Late 102 MY: Violent Violetists kill 2 Non-Violetists with a sword. They are detained and executed for their crimes. The public panics and rages against Violetists, causing at least 10 to die in riots. The Queen is unable to smooth relationships and so the military has to step in, causing the riots to end but still dividing communities between believers and non-believers. Fortunately, this does not cause tensions between Maxland and Violetia
Last edited by Hammer Britannia on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
All shall tremble before me

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:25 am

102-105 MY: Queen Amelia was a busy person during this time. The civilising mission is given top priority, seeing as it is a great mechanism to boost the country. Another city, Legane City, is founded to the north and on the western sea, Port Barry is the recipient of tons of investment. Naturally, the Ernraci easily are reconciled seeing as their leader is the queen's husband. :p . The pair... reconcile... in a way married couples do and on the last day of 102 MY, the queen gives birth to a daughter, who is named Amm.

In 104 MY, Queen Amelia officially renames the country: henceforth the nation will be known as Maxtopia. The capital city however will remain as Maxland. This renaming happens on the day after she gives birth to a pair of twins. The boy is named Max, after her grandfather, and the girl is named Felicity after an old Jenni legend.

Of course, the city of the Gods is not forgotten! The Maginot archives and any other bit of information that could relate to the city is obsessively researched. The queen takes a very personal interest in the proceedings, and organises a large expedition to learn more, with 100 soldiers as well as diplomats, scholars, artists, cartographers, expert cooks, merchants and other people of expertise and excellence. The expedition is due to set out next year.

The religious strife caused by the murder in early 102 MY is eased 'national soothing' by the queen, after of course she gets weeks of lessons.
Last edited by Chan Island on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Kalaascovy
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaascovy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:43 am

106 MY:
Feverish research continues through Maginot’s notes which are able to be read by everyone in the original Convoy. They read out words to translators who begin to document what each word translates, giving a very basic translation of the gods’ language. Further examination discover that the land is called Nekojimonia in the pronounceable language. Diplomats are required to read the new and finished simple translations in order to know a very basic understanding of the language and might have the gods be on good terms with the Maxtopia inhabitants and either creating an ally with these beastmen or perhaps them willing to join with Maxtopia in the best course of action.
Last edited by Kalaascovy on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

A nation which birthed itself in a civil war out of the decaying Empire of Kromerov, it resides in a fictional Polynesian island chain near Antarctica in the continent of Balugata during the 2040s. It is known for its radical politics, high Human Development Index, and devotion to local autonomy. Allies with Rohendia and keeps friendly relations with North Rohendia

A bored college age lad who is trying to get into Cyber Security. Known commonly as Hussar with friends.

I speak Light Polish

[Ⓐ]

And I am so gay

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:52 am

Kalaascovy wrote:106 MY:
Feverish research continues through Maginot’s notes which are able to be read by everyone in the original Convoy. They read out words to translators who begin to document what each word translates, giving a very basic translation of the gods’ language. Further examination discover that the land is called Nekojimonia in the pronounceable language. Diplomats are required to read the new and finished simple translations in order to know a very basic understanding of the language and might have the gods be on good terms with the Maxtopia inhabitants and either creating an ally or these beastmen or perhaps them willing to join with Maxtopia in the best course of action.

Late 106 MY: The expedition to Ulma Vriska sets off. In total about 150 are in it. It is lead by Giorgi Hruass, an important and competent nobleman from Barbicon.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Pilarcraft
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:04 am

108 MY: A New Kingdom is founded in the southern border of Maxtopia. Called 'Blackacre' after its capital which has scorched land for one acre around it, this militant country begins aggressively building defenses on the shared borders with Maxtopia. Queen Amelia sends a contigent of diplomats to open ties, but none return.
Led by The Triumvirate.
B.P.D.: Dossier on parallel home-worlds released, will be updated regularly to include more encountered in the Convergence.

Kalaascovy
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaascovy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:12 am

Late 108 MY:
Construction of the Maginot Line reaches its midpoint, with half of it in use. More inexperienced soldiers are stationed along the finished portions of the Maginot Line while more experienced soldiers are stationed to the southern border.
Due to the New Kingdom, expeditions to Ulma Vriska are delayed until further notice, while construction of the Maginot Line continues. Orders are also given by Queen Amelia to not shoot arrows at ANY animals that appear near the line unless attacked first, as she wants to avoid killing a god from Ulma Vriska should they want to travel to Maxtopia
Last edited by Kalaascovy on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

I speak Light Polish

[Ⓐ]

And I am so gay

Grubaria
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Grubaria » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:06 am

109 MY- After hearing of The Maginot Archives, the Ernraci send some of their finest scribes to the Archives to transcribe them and bring its immense knowledge back to Ernrac.
Have you ever wanted to praise the glorious Sun? Than join The Real Cult Of The Sun, where your sun worship will not be hindered. Praise be to the Sun!

Kalaascovy
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaascovy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:11 am

110 MY
Upon arrival, the Ernraci scribes are unable to translate the pure and untranslated notes, and are forced to ask for permission from Maxtopia to view the translated notes, which are locked in vault.

I speak Light Polish

[Ⓐ]

And I am so gay

The Navajo Indians
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Navajo Indians » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:05 am

110 MY (cont): The Ernraci scribes are let into the vault of translated notes, but are given limited time and are closely watched by many guards and a mysterious figure, only going by "The Candlewhisper Archiver" to prevent anything happening to the translated notes. Once their time is up, they leave with a copy of the Maginot Archive and return to Ernrac.
Prince Maximilian, Queen Amelia's firstborn son, also turns 16 this year and is allowed to take the throne if Queen Amelia is unable to rule.

112 MY: The Maginot Reconstruction Period ends, and The Maginot Line is rebuilt. Violent Violetists (known throughout the commonfolk as Ultravioletists) are now wanted, and citizens are instructed to report any of them to the authorities, or, if possible, kill them.
A new drug used to cure sicknesses such as Mousepox (a weaker, less effective form of Ratpox) is found, however, it is addicting for many and is stolen from hospitals. The drug, dubbed as Maxtopian Grass, is quickly outlawed besides for medical uses.
Last edited by The Navajo Indians on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pilarcraft
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:15 am

112 MY (cont.) The First version of the Maxtopian line of succession is written when Amelia's children ask her "mother, which one of us will ascend to the throne?" and she looks at them, squints, and says "you".
The Other (Prince Maximilian, now 16), does not like this. Even though the throne was his to inherit. He escapes Maxtopia under the cover of the night with his loyalists and founds a new City in the Eastern Coasts of the Sea of Winds, naming it "Galapoga" for no reason at all. The new city is built, with a beginning population of 7,000, in the same year. Queen Amelia does not seem to care, and Princess Amm seems curious where her brother went.

115 MY: Galapoga finally draws its borders, opening trade with Takaria, Ernraci, and the Merchant Republic (As of yet, still unnamed) in order to break the Maxtopian domination of trade. Blackacre tries to open talks, but Galapoga does not seem to care, for now.

(Should we list all the countries etc. for further use?)
Last edited by Pilarcraft on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Led by The Triumvirate.

Kalaascovy
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaascovy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:40 am

OOC: OP should edit the OP to include all listed nations so far, with 3 categories of “alive, dead, dying” and an eventual tag named “Empires”

116 MY:
The Merchant Guild finally names itself “The Knights of Coin” despite only one of the merchants being a knight because “it sounds cool and ‘The Order of Coin’ sounds too evil”

116 (cont) MY:
The Maginot Line is officially named The Maginot Line after the original name The Great Northern Mountain Defense was too long winded for people to handle. Thoughts also begin of potentially extending to Maginot Line
OOC:

I speak Light Polish

[Ⓐ]

And I am so gay

Exfaechionixeum
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Exfaechionixeum » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:15 pm

Kalaascovy wrote:OOC: OP should edit the OP to include all listed nations so far, with 3 categories of “alive, dead, dying” and an eventual tag named “Empires”

116 MY:
The Merchant Guild finally names itself “The Knights of Coin” despite only one of the merchants being a knight because “it sounds cool and ‘The Order of Coin’ sounds too evil”

116 (cont) MY:
The Maginot Line is officially named The Maginot Line after the original name The Great Northern Mountain Defense was too long winded for people to handle. Thoughts also begin of potentially extending to Maginot Line
OOC:

119 MY:Amelia Dies of an unexpected heart attack leading to the Galapogan conquest of Maxtopia

119(cont)MY:Takaria,Ernrac,and the majority of Maxland's army and nobility including both Max and Felicity support Maximilian

124 MY:After 5 years of war Galapogan and Takarian forces take Maxland and Queen Amm surrenders

125 MY:Maximilian declares himself Emperor Maximilianus of Maexanteum and renames Maxland to Imperius Maexiatropolis
Last edited by Exfaechionixeum on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*****************************************EXFAECHIONIXEUM****************************************************************
I DO NOT USE NS STATS

Kalaascovy
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaascovy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Late 119 MY:
Giorgi’s expedition is considered lost.
A temporary war regency is put into power to defend Maxtopia under fear of the current heir being unfit for war

120 MY:
Galpoga renames itself to Imperius Maexiatropolis and the war is renamed to “The Maxtopia Civil War” (Galpoga will remain its name unless the Civil War ends in their victory), yet it soon entered a standstill, as half of Galapogan forces attempted to perform a sneak attack through the Great Mountains, unaware of the Maginot Line’s completion. After the army attempted to charge it was slaughtered.
A battalion of the army also entered Ulma Vriska and acting hostile to the gods that inhabit it, leading to the battalion’s enslavement and “purification,” while also forming a new secret front against Galpoga that would attack through the Great Mountains again.

Late 120 MY:
Blackacre begins fabricating claims against Maxtopia and by technicality, Galpoga as well.
Last edited by Kalaascovy on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I speak Light Polish

[Ⓐ]

And I am so gay

Kalaascovy
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaascovy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:42 pm

OOC: how about we consider both of our posts “happening at the same time” and not retcons?

I speak Light Polish

[Ⓐ]

And I am so gay

Exfaechionixeum
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Exfaechionixeum » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Kalaascovy wrote:OOC: how about we consider both of our posts “happening at the same time” and not retcons?

Agreed

125(cont)MY:Emperor Maximilianus immediately begins a policy of heavy military spending in order to make Maexanteum the strongest and greatest empire in the world. Galapoga is renamed to Gaeliapogium
*****************************************EXFAECHIONIXEUM****************************************************************
I DO NOT USE NS STATS

Neu Libertalia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu Libertalia » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Early 126 MY: Imperium Maextropolis is attacked by Blackacre, immediately after the formation of the Imperium. This invasion is quickly repelled and Blackacre is cut down to size, though not annexed. At the sight of relative peace, Emperor Maximilianus orders scouts to search around the continent for more lands to take... The First Scouting party moves north.
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Persian Nationalist
Template(s)
✺ The Pirate Republic of New Libertalia
Represented by Governor Edward Dorian, Part of the Prime-world
Totally not inspired to do this after I binge-played AC IV and Rogue.
Note in a Bottle: Nassau Fleet liberates ship of political prisoners from The American Union, exiled individuals paint a terrible picture of The American Union's prison system, "there will be a reckoning". | Kingston may have Libertalia's first non-stolen Aircraft carrier in three months. | Kingdom of Colombia recognizes New Libertalia as a sovereign state.

Kalaascovy
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaascovy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:31 pm

Late 126 MY:
Imperium Maextropolis is unofficially referred to as Maxtopia still (just for RP sack), and due to the new uniforms of the soldiers sharing the same flag as Galpoga did, all forces that traveled to the Great Mountains and get caught by “the gods” which inhabited the mountains would be purified or enslaved as the gods assumed Galpoga was trying to invade (perhaps a flag change is in order, no?)

I speak Light Polish

[Ⓐ]

And I am so gay

Exfaechionixeum
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Exfaechionixeum » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:41 pm

Kalaascovy wrote:Late 126 MY:
Imperium Maextropolis is unofficially referred to as Maxtopia still (just for RP sack), and due to the new uniforms of the soldiers sharing the same flag as Galpoga did, all forces that traveled to the Great Mountains and get caught by “the gods” which inhabited the mountains would be purified or enslaved as the gods assumed Galpoga was trying to invade (perhaps a flag change is in order, no?)

OOC:The Nations name is actually Maexanteum, Imperius Maexiatropolis is just the new name of the city of Maxland

Side Note:Imperius Maexiatropolis means "The Imperial City of Max"
Last edited by Exfaechionixeum on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS

Exfaechionixeum
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Exfaechionixeum » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Early 127 MY:The Cities of Ausburg,Ameligrad,Maxlund,Norfont,and Istenborg are absorbed into Imperius Maexiatropolis
I DO NOT USE NS STATS

Kalaascovy
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaascovy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Exfaechionixeum wrote:

OOC:The Nations name is actually Maexanteum, Imperius Maexiatropolis is just the new name of the city of Maxland

OOC: my point still sticks.

Exfaechionixeum wrote:

Early 127 MY:The Cities of Ausburg,Ameligrad,Maxlund,Norfont,and Istenborg are absorbed into Imperius Maexiatropolis

Late 127 MY: a referendum is held on if the former flag of Galpoga should be used (current), the former flag of Maxtopia should be used, or a new flag completely should be used to represent the new mighty kingdom (not yet an empire...yet)

I speak Light Polish

[Ⓐ]

And I am so gay

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Exfaechionixeum wrote:
Kalaascovy wrote:OOC: OP should edit the OP to include all listed nations so far, with 3 categories of “alive, dead, dying” and an eventual tag named “Empires”

116 MY:

116 (cont) MY:
OOC:

119 MY:Amelia Dies of an unexpected heart attack leading to the Galapogan conquest of Maxtopia

119(cont)MY:Takaria,Ernrac,and the majority of Maxland's army and nobility including both Max and Felicity support Maximilian

124 MY:After 5 years of war Galapogan and Takarian forces take Maxland and Queen Amm surrenders

125 MY:Maximilian declares himself Emperor Maximilianus of Maexanteum and renames Maxland to Imperius Maexiatropolis

OOC: Didn't take long for somebody to just throw away the leader in desperation to RP their own LOL

Exfaechionixeum
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Exfaechionixeum » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Kalaascovy wrote:
Exfaechionixeum wrote:OOC:The Nations name is actually Maexanteum, Imperius Maexiatropolis is just the new name of the city of Maxland

OOC: my point still sticks.

Exfaechionixeum wrote:Early 127 MY:The Cities of Ausburg,Ameligrad,Maxlund,Norfont,and Istenborg are absorbed into Imperius Maexiatropolis

Late 127 MY: a referendum is held on if the former flag of Galpoga should be used (current), the former flag of Maxtopia should be used, or a new flag completely should be used to represent the new mighty kingdom (not yet an empire...yet)

128 MY:The Results of the referendum were as follows
New Flag:45.9%
Maxtopia:35%
Galapoga:19.1

Early 129 MY:A new flag is designed
https://i.imgur.com/GV5Nl0E.png
As well as new armor
https://i.imgur.com/s4iWHXJ.jpg
Last edited by Exfaechionixeum on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction