NATION

PASSWORD

Rainbow Six (IC|Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Rainbow Six (IC|Open)

Postby Anowa » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:02 am

Karolina "Rusalka" Dragomirova
Rainbow Division B Team Coordinator
Souda Bay Naval Base, Crete, Greece

February 22nd 2018 // 0537 Local Time
ACT I

Sitting at a desk, reading over almost three dozen files on various personnel currently on station and technically under her command was something that Karolina didn't have in mind most mornings. Though at least it was better than being stuck in a hospital bed, recovering from potential... well, actual brain damage. It was no secret to the woman that after being blown the fuck up she was mentally changed, but out of fear of being discharged she kept quiet, said nothing of the sort about feeling or acting different. That had the unfortunate eventuality of landing her at the reigns of one of the foremost elite CTU unit this side of the sun.

Of all the operators assigned under her stead, only a select few were of any memorable note: Operatives Raka, Wilhelm, Lachance, and Soo-Yeon. The first due to their history of suspected war crimes and suspected mental instability, Wilhelm due to his sheer age, Lachance based on advisory request, and Soo-Yeon because he was from North Korea. And while the hermit kingdom had been a bit more stable in the years since it's most recent conflicts, and the sanctions against the nation had been lifted for a while, they were still a bit unpredictable.

That being said, most other operators were expected to do just wonderfully. No notable issues stemming from teamwork or general coordination from any of them.

With a sigh, she closed the last file. Standing from her desk at the new 'Rainbow' section of Crete's sole naval base. Consisting of decently sized killhouse and a barracks. Everything else was in a not too far away section of the base itself, the mess, armory, etc, were all in the base proper, and shared with those Greek and US personnel who were stationed here regularly. Understandably, a few of the base's higher ups weren't too fond of having so many non-NATO troops on station, but their cries fell on deaf ears.

Not as if this dinky little base in the middle of the Meds had anything special on it.

The laptop on her desk let out a ping. Another half-hearted sigh escaped the Russian's lips as she sat back down. Turns out PT would have to wait for her.

David "Chief" Wilhelm
Rainbow Division B

February 22nd 2018 // 0542 Local Time

Heads turned this morning, not because of an attack, not because of the Nork on base. But because of the crusty old fuck of a man currently doing PT in full battle rattle, more wrinkles on his face than scars, with nothing on his BDU to identify him other than a black trident pinned to his vest and the lightsaber pins slapped to his collar. Based on a combo of wrinkles and pins, the personnel around him were either too confused of rank to bother him, or too concerned of how much of a hardass a wrinkly old SEAL would be if he got disturbed.

Though eventually, his run ended outside the killhouse. Sounds of muffled gunfire echoing from within. As he stepped into the vacated warehouse, Wilhelm spotted a man standing my a set of monitors, with a stopwatch. Blackburn, a middle aged man with an almost equal standing of 'too old for this shit' as Wilhelm was. Was obviously timing whoever teamed up to run the course.

"Blackburn." the elder of the two gave a nod, the Canuck gave a nod in turn, "So, who's running the tower today?"

"Harper."

A pregnant pause as Wilhelm had the pieces pull together a bit slowly, "Wait, solo?"

The Manitoba native nodded, "Yup, well, not entirely, we did some runs together earlier, but for whatever reason those HRT folks are some real hardcore workaholics."

"You're telling me." a moment passed as Wilhelm heard the audible shift of gunfire locations, "What did her first run look like?"

"Fifty eight seconds. All targets hit." The sound of a... well, whatever the fuck concoction of chemicals Harper stuffed in a tube, going off signified that the course was nearly clear.

Wilhelm gave a low whistle, "And yet that sausage fest down in Fort Bragg won't let her get a Ranger tab. Ain't that some shit?"

Blackburn shrugged, "She's got dual citizenship, she could probably get an easy ticket to Dwyer Hill if she wanted."

Wilhelm chuckled, "Sorry kid, but I don't think FBI employees take to kindly to wearing pot leafs patches."

Blackburn flashed a smile, "At least she wouldn't have to mortgage her house for a broken arm."

In the anglo-sphere there was a rather unique bond between servicemen and women. The ANZACS, Canada, the US and UK all had a laundry list of notable achievements fighting alongside one another since the start of the 1900s, from the Boxer Rebellion to Monte Cassino to Kapyong and Fallujah. Throw France, Poland, and the rest of NATO into the mix, you had some fair room for gentle horseplay. A slight inter service rivalry between nations that, while strained at times, couldn't be broken as easily as some gentle ribbing.

As the duo looked up to the sound of a door being kicked open, a rope was tossed over the edge rather swiftly, followed by the frame of Harper, with a rather hefty dummy draped over her shoulder. She elegantly so made her way down to the concrete, unhooking herslf and jogging over to the orange circle painted onto the ground. The sound of the timer beeping signified the exercises end. At which point Harper unceremoniously dumped the fake hostage onto the floor.

The woman spoke, her voice sounding a bit drained, "Time?"

"Minute eight. A bit slower than the previous attempt. I'd say you flat topped today."

"Yeah, that's a fair assessment." As Wilhelm took a look down at the woman's recorded times, the lass herself decided to remove the rather stuffy helmet and balacclava from her head.

Wilhelm looked up, and for a moment his eyes flashed in anger, before immediately settling down. "Kid, I swear every time I see you my blood pressure spikes."

Harper shrugged, "FBI's fine with me having shrapnel in my face Chief, you should be too."

"I am kid, it's just 45 years of work makes me stuck in my ways. Don't worry about it."

Harper tucked her helmet under her arm, "Seriously though, if it's affecting you that bad I could remove them."

"The only thing it'll affect me through is if you get shot in the mouth, and at that point I'll have bigger issues than cheek piercings, seriously, you're fine." Whether or not it was Wilhelm actually being fine, or if he just didn't want to cause undue issues for someone else on his team was unknown to the others present, but Wilhelm was the most experienced corpsman in the team, so whatever he cleared was unlikely to be argued over.

A broadcast came over the base's intercom, and for a moment Wilhelm thought he heard 'Rainbow'. "You guys hear-"

His question was inturrupted by the rather well built form of Dragomirova stepping in. The woman, and leader of their rather merry band, would be an example of the old 70s stereotype of Russian women having a notable presence. Regardless, she wasn't a sterotypical 70s Russian woman in attitude. Chief found her a decent conversational partner, as well as having a solid head on her shoulders.A decent leader if a bit... well, creepy at times.

Though with Wilhelm's internal monologue shuffled away, he wired in his ears to what was being discussed. "We've got a situation down in Egypt, a ships run ashore near the Canal and news copters have spotted White Masks on board. No clue what's on board, or what the numbers are, but Six wants us ready to go within the hour. Glad you three are here because you're heading down there with me and Soo-Yeon."

Chief couldn't help but blurt out what he said next, "The fucking Nork? I'm not too sure that's a good idea Boss."

Rusalka's glare could've melted concrete at that moment, "Chief, he's one of the very few people experienced with handling what the White Masks use in their bioweapons. He's coming with. There will be no argument here."

Chief simply grunted. "I suppose we'll be waiting her for him then."

With that, Karolina simply nodded, and exited the killhouse hangar to find the others she'd selected for the other few Ops in the next few hours.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Theodosiya
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Theodosiya » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:06 am

(Sub-Inspector, Den 88)
Anak Agung Ayu Dewi
"Mahakali
(Sgt Major, Den 90 Bravo)
Alexander Panji Kala
"Vayu"
February 22nd 2018

A shot rang through the morning, followed by a clang as a .338 Lapua Magnum case fell to the ground. The shooter pulled the bolt of her MRAD and pushed it, loading the chamber of the rifle.

"Close enough, Dewi. Few centimeters to the right and it would be a perfect bullseye" a man few year older than her spoke.

"Ok" She replied, as she adjust the scope on her rifle, and fired again.

"Bullseye. I really hope you'll always shot this accurate, cousin" the man grins, as he cocked his SS-2V4 HB.

"What do you think I'm doing for four years in Detachment 88? Shooting paper target?" the girl snorts, before reloading her rifle again, firing and reloading few more time before she emptied the magazine.

"Damn. You're a fine shooter..." Panji acted as if he's surprised.

"I know you what you're about to say next, 'Vayu'..." Dewi rolled her eyes, as she switches to her CZ805, secretly tried not to laugh.

"Oho, then what are I'm about to say, eh?" Panji prepares himself to fire off his rifle.

"That I'm the best sniper in the entire police force, and with nice stuffs too..." Dewi finally burst to laugh, before she loaded her rifle.

"Okay... Let's see who're the best when we use ARs, eh?" Panji aimed his rifle.

"Alright. Bring it on. One with tighter shot grouping win" Dewi smiles, and aimed.

Soon, loud and quick burst could be heard as the two fired off their rifles.

"I won, Dewi" Panji flashed a smug smile as he points to the paper target.

"Hey! You use an accurized assault rifle. Of course you'll win" Dewi pretends to be angry, deep down she knew Panji would win, him being a Designated Marksman, armed with a weapon modified for that purpose, and also for the fact that he's older and experienced veteran from Bravo Detachment, and before that, Paskhas.

"Still I won" Panji stuck his tongue out, before both of them laugh.

"Hope not many people would be disturbed" Dewi prepares for another round.

"Same. Although pretty sure everyone would be awakened by this point..." Panji grins, before continuing,"Oh well, too late to stop. Ready for another round?"

"Sure" Dewi cocked her rifle again.

(Captain, Denjaka)
Marselinus Aryo Setadewa
"Varuna"
(First Lieutenant, Sat 81)
Harun Yudha Raka
"Kala"
February 22nd 2018

Seta watched in distance as the younger operators fired off their guns in the firing range. "Those kids. What in the fucking hell are they thinking?" an operator, scarred and way older than he look grunts.

"They're training, Harun. Nothing wrong with that." Seta calmly answer, without turning to his cousin

"And kinda take it lightly. Attitude like that could make them killed, Seta" Harun growls, while flexing his muscle.

"They know what they're doing, Harun. None of them are untrained recruits. They earned their place here" Seta turns to Harun.

"Well, compared to us, they don't have what it takes..." Harun replies, gritting his teeth.

"And that is, Harun?" Seta raised his eyebrow, as Harun looked him straight in his eye.

"Determination, attitude, driving force, gut, capability to go deep as shit as necessary for the sake of duty..." Harun spoke, his eyes flares with anger, determination and eagerness.

"They have it, Harun. They have it. They won't be here if they don't have what it takes. Besides, one must be able to control himself too, and be able to reason. Something that you should've know well" Seta maintained his composure and answered without raising his voice, but Harun know that he also sneers at him.

"Did we have to go about those incidents?" Harun growls, prompting Seta to answer with a slightly raised voice.

"Oh yes, Lieutenant. We're not in Indonesia, what you've done is excessive, and you got away with them only because some people higher up decide that you still deserve chances. Look, one can be a good soldier, marine, airmen or policeman, without being a S.O.B. Understood?" Seta sharply stares into Harun eyes.

"Understood, Captain" Harun gritted his teeth, before he answer.

He silently looked away, before speaking again, in lower tone "These bastards we're about to face deserve every single bad thing that I'm going to do with them"

"I know, Harun. I know. They've done terrible things, and it's our job to punish them" Seta replies, lowering his tone too.

"They killed many people. Many, Seta. Including, including..." Harun tried to speak, but he feel something stuck in his throat.

"I know, Harun. I know it well, too well. It's hard to lost loved one. You, Panji and Dewi know exactly well what happens to me when I lost my girlfriend" Seta sighed and patted Harun back, before continuing "But we musn't let that cloud our judgement. We'll do this, properly. Well, by international standard, at least" Seta chuckled at he last word.

"Well...at least she died a quick death...while your's have drawn up one with cancer" Harun replied, silently stare at the sea for few moment.
"Alright. I'll try, Seta. I hope I could" he sighs.

"That's what I wanted to hear, Harun" Seta stared into the sea too.

"Damn. I miss Lys. She would try to cheer me up, sometimes" Harun looked at Seta, who simply said

"I miss Victoria". Both men stared into the sea again, deep in their own thoughts.

"Hey, what if I try that few move you taught me some time ago, during martial arts training?" Harun asked.

"Fine, Harun. Let's go to the training area" Seta slowly walked away, Harun followed behind. They heard the announcement as they jogged, and saw some people gather in the hangar.

"Morning guys. Don't mind us. We're going to have a martial art training session" Seta shouted.

Note : They spoke Indonesian during nearly the entire conversation, with bits of Javanese sprinkled in. Written in English for simplification.
Last edited by Theodosiya on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The strong rules over the weak
And the weak are ruled by the strong
It is the natural order

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:15 am

Kim "Snow" Hyuna
Park "Patrol" In-hyun
February 22nd, 2018

Kim and Park are two different Koreans in the spectrum of morality and personality. While Kim is personally the more compassionate, ambitious, and slightly of manipulation she is also certainly a believer of gray morality in the wave of black and white. Park, on the other hand, is a little bit driven entirely by justice, a simple view of black and white morality, and her outspoken of loyalty and morality. At the same time, Kim is slightly less experienced in spite of being a member of ROK's elite Spartan 3,000 unit, while Park is the more experienced of the two, despite being a member of regular KNP SWAT, Seoul Branch unit.

Kim is in the gym, practicing on her close combat and athleticism. She is trained, but the jealousy on her part because of Park's qualifications, despite less than her, she seemed to be more trained and experienced. Kim is a little bit jealous and driven by her ambition of a better life seemed to be less of a good ambition since she is less experienced on the field than Park.

Meanwhile, Park is at the firing range. Beside her, a group of Indonesian operators. Her firing seemed legitimately good, but she felt it wasn't enough. But her being alone, it didn't help matters. Of course, there are staffs here, but she felt more comfortable of someone else here. Like Kim. Unfortunately for her, Kim's little bit...distant to her, despite being a Korean like her. She's a little bit sad but not outright sad.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:37 am

Miyuki 'Milk' Konayama
0550, February 22nd 2018

Her beeping alarm rang, the sound kept contained by the earpieces she wore connected to the smartphone lying on the desk next to her. A soft growing melody soon reached her ears, but her brain has been wired after days of reaching, to release cortisol and waking her up just before the sound was registered. Vision fuzzy, she stepped out onto the floor, her exercise outfit being her sleeping attire helping her cut the time needing to change, and to align her focus on what was important this morning. Half a bottle of water later, she was stepping into her PT shoes, a pair of Asics picked up during an overseas training attachment, and making her way out into the warm air of the Cretan winter. One difference between Hokkaido and Crete, was that while one could be in temperatures below zero in the Japanese winter, she could wake up warm and raring to go in her new assignment.

She might be shorter than the men in the base, but among her female peers in Japan she stood out slightly with her height and the body molded to the demands of high intensity activities. Her physical limit has been pushed plenty of times during her training with overseas detachments, but her aim was to always break them where possible. She was no superwoman nor human being enhanced beyond scientific capabilities, but where she could improve, she tried, even after vomiting when a long march or high intensity run was completed.

Avoiding the stitches from her morning drink, warm up was done steadily with some push ups, pull ups, and static exercises to get the body active. With seven hours of rest to keep one's body in a healthy and fit shape, the two mile run beckoned, a short distance to wake her up while not requiring most of her energy to leave her winded for the morning. 11 minutes was her aim, unencumbered and running at a constant pace around the track. Hair tied into a bun, and wearing a cap which she often wore around to protect her eyes from the sun, the Japanese operator took off with a tap of her phone, the timer taking a few seconds off before she got into her constant speed.

It was still dark, but the run was completed as well as some stretching of her legs. A sip of water was all she allowed herself to take, as she faced the pull up bars, arms pulling her lithe frame up before her knees bent in, squeezing the abs tight as she held her breath, releasing it slowly as she did a triangle pull-up, one which used the full length of the bar in three positions of left, right and bottom. Five seconds on each position on the bar, three seconds of rest hanging down. Multiple sets of three led to her forearms burning as they always did, lactic acid a good sign of progress as she reached the midway mark of her training, the gym next where barbells awaited, a local physical training instructor on hand to assist if needed.

The basic rule of working with weights, to not do it alone lest accidents happen. One could do everything perfectly to be screwed by a faulty bar or a smoothed friction mat, and having someone nearby to assist beats being trapped under the damn thing with an injured limb.

Squats. She did not do it to have a toned butt, but to improve her posture and balance. Neither did she train for pure muscle, as being able to blend in as a ‘typical’ East Asian was her primary job. She does workouts to be healthy, for, and most of all, against an innate fear of lagging behind her peers. The static stations were cleared over time, a shot of water after every machine keeping her body active and refreshed, and to keep her sweat glands active to clear whatever the body expels from there.

The hot shower followed by a burst of cold did wonders to her, the operator finally done with her routine as her stomach growled behind an olive green t-shirt without a logo. Tea, followed by a protein-rich breakfast was something to look forward to. If there was a bonus, she would love to have what she was affectionately called back in Japan, ‘Milk’, an easy way to call her in a syllable instead of three, although it did open her for confusing mentions at the breakfast table. A large breakfast to keep her going for the day, an average lunch and a small dinner was ideal, as long as she managed to hit her dietary needs. That was not to say that she didn’t know of indulgence, but they were rare, and often required an extra mile of training to burn off the extra fat.

There was no social media, no GPS or anything which could track her location in the smartphone. Only a direct link to the base’s WiFi, it has survived trips throughout the world, clearing security and restrictions until it contained only the most basic of functions, as well as an app linking her to news in Japan, East Asia, and breaking news worldwide. Her morning dose of information, and her method of staying linked with the world if newspapers were taken.
Last edited by Relikai on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:55 pm

Simo "Haukka" Jokinen
February 22nd, 2018

R-i-i-i-i-n-g!

R-i-i-i-i-n-g!

R-i-i-i-i-n-g!

R-i-i-i-i-n-g!

Reaching out with one hand, Simo slapped the small electronic alarm clock's off button, ceasing the annoying ringing of the device. Immediately the room returned to its previous state of silence, with the exception of the noise of Simo stirring out of his bunk with a grunt. With his eyes still half shut, he glanced over to a nearby window, seeing that while the stars had disappeared from the sky the sun had yet to rise. He briefly considered sleeping for a few more hours, but he knew that he had too much to get done today. So with much reluctance, he hopped down onto the concrete floor below.

"Perkele."

Brushing the sides of his cheeks, he felt his hands rubbing against the small amount of stubble he had began to allow to grow once more. Ever since he'd joined Rainbow, he'd had the luxury of keeping his appearance to his own liking, but it still felt foreign to him. He considered shaving, but after further thought he decided he'd keep the look for the time being.

With a yawn, he made his way over to his dresser, changing into a pair of black shorts and a simple grey workout t-shirt. Walking over to his small mini fridge he had tucked into the corner of his cramped room, he retrieved a bottle of water, taking a small swig of it before reaching for the container of pre-workout he kept on top of the fridge. Putting a scoop of the powder inside the container, he shook it up for a few seconds to ensure it mixed before putting on a pair of of workout shoes. On the way out, he grabbed his ear buds and MP3 Player that he'd lazily tossed on the nightstand next to his bunk.

As he made his way to the gym, he saw that the naval base was already bustling with activity, as the various personnel stationed there went about their duties. An approaching helicopter above him caused a bit of dust to swirl up around him as it began to lower itself onto a nearby landing area. It reminded him a lot of his time in Iraq, although the threat of having mortars or RPGs targeting them was thankfully absent. A few U.S marines gave him some odd looks as he passed by them, probably confused on just who the hell he was. He didn't blame them, as Rainbow's presence here was somewhat kept hush-hush to the standard personnel. Probably for the better, he supposed, as knowledge often made you a target.

Stepping into the gym, Simo gulped down the concoction he'd made before tossing the plastic into a nearby trashcan. It'd be a few minutes before the stimulants inside would begin to kick in, but this was no issue as he planned on warming up for quite some time before he actually began to move some weight around. Putting his earbuds in, he pressed the play button on his device, causing a loud surge of heavy metal to replace the otherwise peaceful gym.

Walking over to where there was a bit of open space, he began to stretch for a bit. As he did, he glanced around the rather small gym in which he was forced to be content with. It had all the required equipment within, including benches, squat racks, an Olympic lifting platform, a rack of dumbbells, and other workout equipment. A training instructor stood watch nearby, although for Simo this was the equivalent of having a lifeguard on duty. Overall, it wasn't an awful set-up, but he certainly missed the gym he had gone to frequently back in Helsinki.

Towards the end of his stretching, he noticed Konayama make her way into the gym, the sweat on her face indicating she'd already been working out for quite some time now. He gave the Japanese operator a small nod before making his way over to a nearby bench with a barbell rack, placing a plate on each side to use as a warm-up. After setting up in the proper form, he lifted the weight off of the rack and began to perform slow and methodical repetitions. He did his warm-ups like this to ensure when he began to put on the heavy weight his muscles would automatically follow the correct movement, as poor form could lead to injury. His body was already beat to hell through his service with the Erikoisjääkärit, the last thing he needed was to do even more damage from shitty lifting technique.

Once he completed his set, he racked the barbell on the rests above him. The stimulants from his pre-workout from before were finally beginning to kick in, causing his heart rate to increase and his blood to begin to pump the much needed nutrients to his muscles. In his ears the vocals of Timo Tolkki rang out loudly through the chorus of guitar shredding and drums beats. A small grin etched its way onto his face as he loaded an additional plate onto his barbell, eager to continue on what was sure to be a killer workout.

Simo sat in the chow hall, the meal before him practically making him drool as his body craved for nutrients after his workout. Half of his plate was filled with scrambled eggs, the remaining portions consisting of some fruit and slices of wheat bread covered in peanut butter. He really didn't care much for how slim of a figure he had, rather instead choosing to opt for whatever would fuel his constant pursuit of strength goals. Seeing as he often was forced to rely on cold rations when out in the field, he never took a hot meal for granted when it was provided for him.

His BDU design contrasted sharply with those of the standard U.S and Greek personnel in the chow hall around him, the blue and white cross of his home country of Suomi proudly displayed above the screaming griffin that marked him as a member of the Finnish Special Forces. His red-tinted stubble and similarly colored messy red hair also made it clear that he wasn't a standard personnel within the naval base, but Simo thought little of the occasional stares he received.

He rarely spoke with the marines stationed here, and they didn't seem to want to ever initiate a conversation with him as well. When he was seldom approached, he merely replied that he was just an "observer" and that further details weren't needed. Whether or not this actually satisfied their curiosities mattered little to him, but it seemed to often do the trick as they never inquired further.

The only people he really ever had much of a relationship with was the other members of Rainbow, of which there were certainly enough...interesting characters to keep him occupied. How they all were selected was beyond his comprehension, as they had members ranging from the British S.A.S to the American F.B.I. Most interestingly enough was likely the North Korean, whom Simo admittedly found hard to find much trust in. Regardless, however, they all showed a great amount of skill, each representing the best that their respective nations had to offer. While their unit may have been relatively new to the Counter Terrorism scene, he had more than enough confidence in future operations.

Simo pondered about what was likely to come for a few more moments before eventually returning his attention back to his meal.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Kowloon-California
Envoy

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kowloon-California » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:39 pm

'Danny' Chan Kwok-kwan - "Phoenix"
February 22nd, 2018

Chan woke up groggily, but pushed himself off of the hard military bed after taking a moment to gather determination. Hong Kong Police Force's Special Duties Unit, SDU, ranked up there along with the best counter-terrorism units in the world. The Special Duties Unit was trained by the SAS back in the colonial days, and few other police forces in the world could claim to have a CT unit which was capable of conducting assaults by air, land, and sea. They were practically a military unit disguised as a police unit. Despite his unit's sterling credentials however, he was a police officer after all, and there were some minor adjustments to be made to fit into the military lifestyle.

The first thing was to get used to not being able to go home to his own bed at the end of the day. Although in the recent years the Hong Kong Police Force had gradually began to lower its fitness standards to accommodate a less physically fit generation more attuned to their smartphones than to their own bodies, the SDU demanded only the best. And so it was that Chan soon found himself headed to the running track adjacent to gym.

Stepping out, he noticed that he was certainly not the first one to arrive. Already he could see an woman finishing up her run on the track. Judging by her looks, Chan surmised that more likely than not she was one of the other operators recruited by Rainbow. Konayama was it? Another cursory glance confirmed his guess. Yes, that's how she looked like in the briefing files on Rainbow Team B.

He turned his mind back to completing his morning routine. After doing some stretches of his own and savoring the comfortable morning air flowing around him, Chan set forth and began running along the track.

Lightly sweating from his warm-up, Chan made his way into the small gym where Rainbow was supposed to train. Life on a military base was never truly quiet, but inside with only a few trainers working, and a handful of others - likely all operators - training, it was finally starting to sink in how far away from home he was. Away from the bustle of the city and fighting alongside the best of the best.

He gave a small nod of greetings to the others who had arrived earlier, Konayama and the Finnish man - Jokinen. Life with the Organized Crime and Triad Bureau had taught him to be good with faces. Certainly, there would be a later time when they would all get to know each other better, but for now it seemed that it was probably a little too early for socializing.

Beginning with an intense battery of body weight exercises first, Chan worked through the routine that had been drilled into him at the SDU selection camp. As an athlete in his youth, he was used to training according to many different programs, but he enjoyed the one he learned with the SDU the most. There was no such thing as retirement age in the "Flying Tigers," as the SDU was called. So long as a man or woman could do their job then they could continue to stay with the unit. Their workouts weren't designed to make a person big, but it sure as hell made them tough as nails.

Arriving at the Canteen, Chan piled eggs onto a generous portion of toast, filed up a mug of hot tea, and took a seat in the corner of the dining hall. If there was one downside to living on base, it was having to adapt to new food. Back in his civilian life, Chan usually enjoyed quick breakfasts in Hong Kong's Cha Chaan Tengs, or tea restaurants. Banishing thoughts of rice noodle rolls, he tucked into the meal with vigor. They had been sitting around for a few days as the team began to come together, but he suspected that their time was going to come soon. His thoughts began to drift as he ate in silence.

Russians, Americans, French, British, Australian, Japanese, and even North Koreans to name a few of the nationalities. It was a curious thing indeed. As a Hong Konger, he would likely be expected to represent the People's Republic of China in the proceedings to come. He expected that he would probably be asked to explain the differences between Hong Kong and the Mainland many times over. Or perhaps no one would care at all. Things that seemed important back at home seemed to have a way of losing relevance overseas.

The SDU hadn't had to fire a single bullet in real operations for nearly a year now. It was a far cry from the kind of real world action and experience that the other operators had, but Chan wasn't about to let that get to his head. When the time came, he'd be ready.

Finishing off his breakfast, Chan then awaited the arrivals of others within the squad. He glanced over at the Japanese woman, then at the Finnish man. Socializing was always an important life skill, but which one seemed to be the friendlier of the two? He recalled seeing several Indonesians firing their weapons on the range outside as well. People in Hong Kong generally were generally quite favorable to all things Japanese, and were certainly less nationalistic than their brethren in the Mainland, but he couldn't be sure as well what kind of political views were held by Japanese SDF members. He suspected that it might be a bit different than saying hello to kind old ladies on a vacation to Osaka. Still, he knew little about Finland, and a fair amount about the Japanese, so he decided to begin with the known quantity first. Small talk.

Walking over, he waved to catch the woman's attention. "Konayama-san? Ohayo Gozaimasu, Inspector Chan Kwok-kwan, Hong Kong Police Force. You can call me Danny if you'd like. It's an honor to work alongside you on this team." A neutral introduction and welcome to test the waters first. Hopefully his attempts at sprinkling some elementary Japanese could help in his fledgling diplomatic effort.
Last edited by Kowloon-California on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:49 pm

[quote="Relikai";p="33768820"]Miyuki 'Milk' Konayama
February 22nd 2018

She remembered some faces during the past few days of interactions and icebreaking, and her routine often allowed for small talk on the running track, in the gym, and during meals where getting to know one another would do wonders for trust and unit cohesion. Although she was more of a cordial person while not in training, she hardly takes nonsense from anyone who enjoys trash-talking. Banter was understandable, but outright attempting to bait someone into an argument? That would be a big, big no in her book.

The arrival of the Finnish operator was noted, Miyuki giving him a friendly nod and a small smile everytime they crossed paths. It was her type of greeting, something given to people she knew so to maintain the aura of friendliness coming from her. While many were alright with just being noticed visually, she made it a goal to build a professional relationship with as many as possible, and friendship was always an option.

The arrival of the soldier from China-... no, Hong Kong, as she liked to remember, had her shifting her plate slightly to make space for the man. She nodded in response, before bowing her head lower in return to his greeting. The smile from his greeting with words from her homeland remained as she returned to her posture, before replying in the Southeastern Chinese accent she picked up during her courses. "Zhao an, zhou san., Mister Chan." She replied with both mandarin and cantonese, the main languages of Hong Kong. She once went over as a student to Macau, and spent her off day with several other students on a trip to Hong Kong's night market at Temple Street. The quick firing words and hard bargains remained in her mind, and perhaps was one of the reasons she picked up the language and its dialects for future uses.

"It is a pleasure to meet, and work alongside you too, Danny." She replied, taking a sip of her tea to freshen herself. Using the name he allowed her was a way to lighten the mood, and her first step in returning a positive sign. "You can call me Miyuki,or 'Milk' for short. How's the workout? Thought I saw you at the track and gym earlier, but I would feel bad to interrupt your schedule with small talk."
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:11 pm

Souda Bay Naval Base - Crete - Greece
0530 Hours - 22nd February - 2018

Early mornings. A time of the day that was alien to most normal folk, it was a time where people would still be sound asleep in their beds paying no attention to the world, oblivious to the surreal yet strangely intoxicating reality of the waning dark of the night sky being swept away by the light of morn, like an ocean tide drawing on the shore. Celso was no such stranger to such a time, his sleeping pattern was so erratic and abnormal due to his chronic insomnia that the early hours called more to him than the daytime.

The Italian's insomnia had gone into overdrive recently, the sudden change in environment coupled with the feel of an unfamiliar bed meant that sleeping was rather difficult. Rather than attempt to sleep, tossing and turning for several hours, he opted to simply walk the new grounds.

As Celso was taking in the sight of the hot Greek sun blazing across horizon and the sounds of the Aegean gently lapping up against the concrete jetty, he was disturbed by the sound of heavy boots crackling on the gravel behind, before he could turn around to identify the source of the sound, a British voice boomed out.

"Mess is the other way." The man joked before pulling up alongside Celso with a roguish grin on his face. The Italian turned on the spot and raised a single eyebrow.

"Just taking in the sights." Celso retorted with a sigh.

"Yeh. Guess it's pretty good." The Brit joined him in his long gaze unto the horizon. "Name's Ashford by the way. Marcus Ashford. 21st Regiment. Special Air Service. Her majesties finest." Ashford stuck out a meaty hand in greeting.

"Celso Salvagni. 9th Parachute Assault Regiment." He responded in kind, giving a firm but brief handshake.

"Col Moschin eh? Trained with some of those boys back in Afghanistan. Figured you were by the red beret."

Celso nodded and adjusted the red headpiece slightly.

"Fought alongside some of your lot during my first tour in Afghanistan. Really put us through our paces ... " Celso's stomach rumbled some. "Guess we better go get some breakfast."

"Right. Grub ere' needs some work. Don't know what a full English is if it slapped them in the face. Milky tea too. " Marcus's face crumpled with mock disgust, as well as a hearty laugh.

In the Mess.

A burst of hot air greeted the pair as they strode into the mess hall. Cutlery clanked against metal places and there was a low drumming of various chatter from people already chowing down on their morning meal. They both grabbed a tray and made their way through the line. "Don't fuck up the tea this time or i swear i'll climb over there and do it myself." Marcus mockingly threatened as he retrieved the other parts of his meal, bacon and eggs on several slices of toast as well as a generous helping of oats and honey, sided with tea. Celso opted for a helping of fruit and cereal as well as a couple grilled sausages, washed down with some strong Greek coffee. The two found their table at the side of the mess and set to on their meals.

"What do you think of this?" Celso asked inbetween bites.

"It could do with some work. I think they undercooked the bacon again." Marcus replied, chewing on a rind of bacon.

"No not the breakfast." Celso laughed. "Rainbow. This whole thing, you think it will really work?"

Marcus gulped and looked around for a second at the others gathered around.

"A squadron has been kicking serious ass and nothing bad has come about it from what i hear. Then again, there was that incident with the French guy ... Oliver was it?"

A squadron was the original Rainbow unit, drawing talent from all around the military-sphere, on paper the concept sounded watertight but there were certain disadvantages, namely being that everyone didn't always see eye to eye on matters, which led to inter-unit rivalries and disputes. This had led to an incident between the Special Air Service and Gendarmerie that had almost resulted in a full blown brawl between them, something that could be down without. Then again, Celso and Marcus had got off on the right foot, the two were of similar personalities, larger than life and always down for a laugh, hopefully the rest were equally as amiable.

"I guess. I hear we have a North Korean with us though. As well as a Serbian and a Croat." Celso replied rather hushed, scooping another spoonful of shredded wheat to his mouth.

"A Nork? No idea what Six was thinking. As long as he does what he's asked, there won't be much of a problem." Marcus replied. "As for the Slavs? I don't want to get between those two when the punches start flying." He added.

B squadron was more diverse than it's older counterpart, bringing in Operators from Japan, Indonesia, Russia and Mexico to name just a few, time would only tell how effective they were going to be. Some of them at first glance looked straight out of boot, whilst others looked like they'd seen their fair share of shit.

" Bonjour. Mind if i join you?" A french voice called from the side of the table. Marcus turned and saw the large Frenchman towering over them and had to re-adjust his neck just to see his face.

"Sure thing." Marcus shuffled over to accompany the Frenchie on the table.

"Ah. Merci. I am Salomon. I don't think we have formally introduced ourselves." The Frenchman began, his accent was strong but there was an equal hint of something else, African perhaps.

"Salomon. This is Celso from the 9th Parachute Regiment -"Salve!"- I'm Marcus, SAS 21st Reg. You're GIGN?"

"No. 3rd Foreign Infantry. French Foreign Legion. I am from Cameroon originally as you might have noticed." Sal replied with a toothy grin.

"That probably explains it then." Marcus replied before tucking into his food once again.

There was a few minutes of hurried chomping and chewing as the trio set about finishing up their breakfasts, others milled in and out of the canteen. Two others had joined them on the table including a Mexican G.E.O Officer and an IDF Technician, neither of which had said much aside from introducing themselves and had seemed more keen on their food than talk, which seemed fair enough.
Last edited by Ubaria on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yo, that's mad.

Kowloon-California
Envoy

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kowloon-California » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:05 pm

Danny' Chan Kwok-kwan - "Phoenix"
February 22nd, 2018

Chan nodded and smiled at the Japanese woman's surprising knowledge of Cantonese. "你講得好好!" (You speak very well!) said Chan. Any sign of something familiar this far away from home was a much welcomed sight. He had heard from the higher ups before he was dispatched that he would likely see several more operators from either the SDU or their counterparts from the Mainland join Rainbow, but for the moment he was the only one.

"Miyuki is it? Milk? I'll keep that in mind. I'll be out in the field as 'Phoenix' but it still feels a little unnatural for me. Phoenix was what they called me during my undercover days as a member of the Wo Hing Sing Triad. Still, it will be good to help me get used to that name while doing more respectable work." Responded Chan. He also patted on the epaulets on his uniform, "Back in those days, I used to have nightmares every night about being shot by my own colleagues and dying as a condemned. I was very happy the day I could finally walk around in a uniform again. Now on the other hand, I feel a little out of place still wearing it when everyone else gets to stay in their BDUs."

Moving on, he made sure to respond to the final question. "The workout was not too bad, I'm just pleased to know that everyone is still focused on keeping themselves in the best form possible. I have a feeling we won't be sitting around here much longer before our deployment." said Chan.

Looking around, he noticed that the table across from them was also likely populated by Rainbow members. They seemed to be in a spirited conversation, so he turned his head towards the Finnish man who was sitting much closer. Turning to Miyuki, he said "I think we'd best introduce ourselves to the others as well. I think that man over there was in the gym this morning with us."

Chan took a few steps closer, and brought the Finnish soldier into their growing group. He reached his hand out, "Inspector Chan Kwok-kwan, Hong Kong Police Special Duties Unit. You can call me Danny to make things a little easier. You're a pretty strong guy, those weights this morning were serious." said Chan. Now speaking to both of his fellow operators, he said, "It's good to start to know everyone here. If we aren't getting sent out yet, I'd like to see how we work together doing some room clearing exercises later today. How about it?"

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:55 pm

Simo "Haukka" Jokinen
February 22nd, 2018

Simo was almost finished with his meal when the chow hall as a few other members of Rainbow began to pour in. He noted the two from the gym earlier, giving them nods as they had walked in. While Simo was somewhat familiar with Konayama, at least in terms of often acknowledging each other's presence when they passed by each other, he had yet to personally greet that man with her. If Simo's memory was correct, as it occasionally was, he was Hong-Kong's representative. Seeing as they already had a Serb and a Croat on their team to cause enough internal strife, Simo prayed that they wouldn't be adding a Chinese operators anytime soon.

After what seemed to be a brief conversation, the two made their way over to where he was sitting. He managed to swallow the last bit of food in his mouth as the man reached a hand out.

"Inspector Chan Kwok-kwan, Hong Kong Police Special Duties Unit. You can call me Danny to make things a little easier. You're a pretty strong guy, those weights this morning were serious."

Simo reached out to shake Danny's hand.

"Kiitos. Yliluutnantti Simo Jokinen. If you don't mind, I'd prefer to go by my last name. People already give me enough shit for being named after The White Death back home, no need to start it here."

He winked at the last bit as their handshake ceased, although there was more truth to those words than Danny could imagine.

"It's good to start to know everyone here. If we aren't getting sent out yet, I'd like to see how we work together doing some room clearing exercises later today. How about it?"

Simo nodded.

"I'm fine with that, although I must admit my talents tend to be at a distance I'm afraid. With any hope, you'll get to see them in action in the near future."

A small grin appeared on his face.

"My only request is that you don't challenge me to a race around the track, as I think I'd rather taste our British comrades' cooking before I run anymore than needed."
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Selin "Houri" Yavuz
Souda Bay Naval Base, Greece

Adjusting to life at a Greek naval base wasn't particularly difficult for Selin. There wasn't much difference between Crete and the coastal regions of Turkey. The climate, the landscape, all of it was familiar. The only unfamiliar thing was hearing most of the personnel at the base speaking Greek rather than Turkish.

And that lead to the irony of the whole situation. While she was glad to be so close to home, she was still a Turk in Greece. Everyone knows Turks and Greeks don't get along particularly well, and anyone with the most basic knowledge of history can see why. However, Selin continued to wear Turkish flags and the Tengri motivational patches that had become popular in the Turkish spec ops community in recent years on her uniform, no point trying to hide it. And the Greeks didn't give her any trouble about being a Turk. She liked to think the Greeks knew that there were some ultra-secretive black ops personnel on their base and knew better than to start anything with them. Or maybe they actually were professional and didn't care about rivalries caused by idiotic politicians and wannabe dictators. Nobody on the Rainbow team had given her problems about being a Turk yet, no problems about Turkey's military intervention into Syria against the Kurds which many NATO members didn't particularly agree with. Hopefully it would stay this way. Besides, other than the Serb, no members of this team were from countries that have particularly major problems with the Turks. And if anyone did have a problem with the Turks, it probably wouldn't last long if they're on the ground bleeding out and she's the one saving their life as one of the team's medics.

Selin was now in the women's locker room of the Rainbow team's gym, having just finished her morning exercise routine of swimming. She preferred to swim in the morning rather than run when she had the opportunity to do so, a better full body workout. After drying herself, she put on her uniform and then looked in the mirror to adjust her short black hair, before throwing on the signature maroon beret of the Turkish special forces. She tossed her swimming gear in her locker before heading out to the mess hall.

After arriving at the mess hall, Selin was mildly disappointed at the smell of bacon and sausages yet again. While she wasn't a particularly devout Muslim, she still refused to touch pork. God forbid the team got an operative from a country like Saudi Arabia or Iran. She was more or less limited to eggs, toast, fruit, and coffee for breakfast, which at least were hard to mess up. And at least the Greeks had Turkish coffee, even if they didn't like to call it that.

After getting her breakfast, Selin looked around for a table to sit and spotted one with a few other soldiers of various nationalities sitting around it. There was a Finn, a small Asian woman that Selin recognized as the Japanese operator assigned to Rainbow, and an Asian man wearing a police uniform who Selin figured to be the operative from Hong Kong. All operatives who, like her, had no comrades from their home country in rainbow. The band of misfits, so to speak. Selin decided to join their table, where the operative from Hong Kong was already suggesting room clearing exercises with the Finnish operative responding that he'd not be particularly suited for that, being trained as a sniper.

"If our Finnish friend here is better at a distance I can always take his place for room clearing exercises," Selin said as she sat at the table. "I guess I should introduce myself. Selin Yavuz, Turkish Air Force Combat Search and Rescue. I'm one of the medics so chances are I'll be the one stopping you from bleeding all over the floor if you get shot."
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:51 am

Scott "Eucalypt" Grayson
Souda Bay Naval Base, Crete
Feb 22, 2018

Scott's eyes flew open suddenly. The pervasive rays of the sun already seeping into his room, he groggily glanced at his alarm clock. 0510, 10 minutes past his desired time of 0500. Annoyed, he mentally scolded his biological clock. The big man prided himself on the fact that he knew he could rely on his mind to let him know when to wake up but at the moment, being 10 minutes from the intended target time was not acceptable at all.

A slight groan as he forced his heavy body up, he took a moment to gather his thoughts and prioritise the more important things he would have to do today. For Scott, this translated simply into no alcohol or watching the footy. At least for the time being. Some static stretches before hitting the shower, he stepped out of the shower a little bit grumpier as Scott was one of those guys who forced cold, morning water upon themselves. Well, it was supposed to be a healthy habit, 'good for building mental strength' one of his former instructors back in Straya had said. It was a wonder in Scott's eyes that he had somehow managed to stick to it!

Selecting his fatigues with the Australian insignia, the Aussie found some space on the carpet. Dropping down, he began another routine. This time it was his morning calisthenics practice. Pushups, flutter kicks and the dreaded burpees were a few of the exercises he did. Once he was done a bead of sweat glistened on his neck and his favourite GeoShock watch was a minute away from 5:30am. The temporary soreness was nothing to Scott. It was more the realisation that he would have to force himself to do a night edition of his calisthenics practice that almost frightened him.

Having been in this business for quite a bit, Scott did enjoy aspects of the job. But he would be a liar if he said he loved being a warfighter. For the former convicted criminal, this was what it meant to truly live life on the edge. Razor edge. He kept going because he still felt he had it in him.

Once I reach the forties I'm done with this gig. I need to spend more time with da missus or she'll going shaggin some other man...or men for Pete's sake the large man amusingly reflected on his career as he strode down to the mess.

Stocking up on the protein-rich munchies, lotsa meat and definitely the eggs, he sat himself down. Looking around while stuffing his hairy face with his brekkie, he noticed the presence of Asian personnel. He approved, those guys generally worked hard. The Australians had a history of working with the warriors of the East Asian region. The thing that bothered him however was if some of em were big enough to look over his shoulder!
Last edited by Vanquaria on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:09 am

Miyuki 'Milk' Konayama
February 22nd 2018

Well the population of their little table seemed to jump a little, as she made space for the other entries, familiar faces from training, briefing, and other exercises around the base. Nodding at each of them as they came, she listened the Finn's words, giving her greeting as well. "Konayama Miyuki, Japanese Maritime, SBU." She added, extending her hand to the newcomers. Finnish might not be one of the languages she was proficient in, but she could pick out the meaning with the words given their context here. "Feel free to call me Milk."

The arrival of Selin marked the fourth member of their little group, as she waved at the Turkish operator. The advantage of having so many different cultures around her? She could pick up their mannerisms and behaviors while also adapting herself to the multitude of languages and faces. Many would often worry about the different cultures and possible clashes, but the JMSDF briefed her on being on her best behavior in Rainbow, something she found easy to do so far. She never really had any gripes with a certain culture or nationality, only their purpose and political factions. She had to help people whom some of her nationalistic countrymen hated, and raise her weapon at local potential terrorists, the remnant of the Japanese Red Army who tried to infiltrate the containment zone at Fukushima.

She could tell that Simo, or Jokinen as he preferred, was a marksman, or a sniper. She was trained in that discipline, but converted over to being a member of the Recon wing, as well as one breaching and clearing zones in urban operations. Although proficient in sniper rifles and DMRs, her favorite weapon was the HK416 design, and with a scope could fulfill a supportive role on the move. Selin's words revealed herself to be a medic of the air force, and it was a job she respected as well, being the people who would pull the wounded onto a stretcher during a casevac.

"It'll surely be assuring to have someone watching our back-" She said, gesturing to Jokinen. "-and someone to patch us up if things go wrong. I'm just one specializing in intel gathering, and if need be drop by within a gathering of people if it's appropriate for people like me to be there." She said, referring to her skin and cultural makeup. She could pose as a Korean, Chinese or Japanese the best, although her command of English allowed her to add some cover as a half-English or American.

"I don't mind some training later, just don't make me do all the boosting." She joked, referring to the person dropping a knee to allow others a 'step' through a window when clearing rooms.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Vance 'Gambit' Kelley
February 22nd, 2018

Vance took a seat. Not too far from the amalgamation of international soldiers, but not too close either. As he ate his breakfast, a quote 'breakfast of the champions' as coined by an old friend, a sketchbook and pencil lay beside his fork and knife. He sat a ways away not because he did not want to interact with the team, not because he didn't like them, but because he enjoyed his peace. It may sound weird but he liked the mess for its background clatter and sound. Vance liked sitting there doing his own thing while others went about their business. Like enjoying the sounds of socialization and its atmosphere but not partaking in it. That was it, he liked the atmosphere. Food was an international language and through all the bull shit and red tape, it was just people in the mess leaving behind everything outside of the door.

After scooping a forkful of omelet into his mouth, he set down the utensil and brought up the pencil. He eyed the group, a new person had joined the table. That was alright, there was space on the sketchbook. Glancing down at the 6" x 8" sketchbook he began lightly sketching down the new lady. The Turkish woman, Selin. As he carefully sketched her person, he wondered about this team. There was a large weight on them, tackling a veritable unknown quantity. Like slashing into the dark. So many different nations, different styles, different ideas. Maybe that's what they needed to fight an unknown. Something so diverse that it couldn't be predicted. He chuckled to himself lightly recalling that they had a North Korean fellow. It amused him to think how he even got here. Had the North Koreans reached out to us, or did we contact them? Where was he anyways? Was he feeling some kind of culture shock working alongside soldiers from nations previously deemed enemies?

He shook his head and took another bite of omelet before resuming his daily sketch. After all he had to keep practicing if he was to get better at drawing. He'd show Oreste not to underestimate him. Vance looked back up to grab more details, their body language, their defining characteristics. They seemed to be having a nice discussion.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

The Grand Rift
Attaché

Founded: Oct 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Rift » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Milovan "Tesla" Svetozarović
CQC Team Specialist
Souda Naval Bay, Crete, Greece
Feburary 22nd, 2018

In the morning Tesla was a man of few words. His daily routine included getting up around 4 AM, running the perimeter of the base twice, taking a shower and getting dressed, then sitting silently eating his food, while flipping through newspapers from Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, and Macedonia.

Specifically, Tesla sat near the Australian who many called "Gambit". He flustered his foreign newspaper and chuckled slightly at the story out of Belgrade in which a cat had been saved out of a sewer pipe. He chopped and poked at his omelet seemingly uninterested, he felt out of place and alone. In fact, he felt alone ever since he stepped onto the military flight out of Damascus. This base felt cold, many carried on small talk but otherwise, it was standoffish. "To be expected." Milovan thought "After all we never have met each other before, and yet we are about to go on missions that require perfect coordination". He swirled the fork around in his mangled omelet and peered over the shoulder of his Australian comrade and noticed him sketching a woman resembling our in-house Turk.

Milovan had grown up with a disdain for most Turks, just like most Serbian boys. But Milovan was cursed in the weakness of the flesh and he had to admit the beauty she held. Milovan grinned and stood up, putting his brawny hand on Gambit's shoulder and said with heavily accented "Why draw her? Just talk, and see where it leads.". After getting up he decided to take a longer route through the mess hall as he went to take a smoke.

Milovan strolled down the mess hall heading off towards the smoking pit by barracks, he gleaned the operators who had all sat down for breakfast with a diverse cast of Americans, SE Asians, and Europeans. One caught his eye, however, a young woman with olive skin who held gruff features and a steely stare, listening as I walked I racked my brain and realized we had a Bosnian, this had to be her for sure. Unsure of her name due to being briefed late, Milovan put on his best smile as he continued walking and called out between the aisles in rusty Bosnian. "Zdravo sestro!" He said stopping with arms out wide, "Join me for a smoke if you will, sister."
Last edited by The Grand Rift on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:56 pm

Kennedy Bowen — "Crow"
Souda Bay Naval Base, Crete, Greece (02/22/2018)

Kennedy was sitting outside the barracks with a cigarette between her teeth. A bad habit, but one she felt no real desire to change. During school it was a way to stand out, to rebel, to be different, which ironically made her a conformist to the status-quo of her clique, but now the comforts of nicotine had evolved as a means to relieve undue stress, and her reassignment to Greece under the clandestine banner of RAINBOW was as stress inducing as could be. A cigarette was something familiar.

The dog nuzzled her leg, bored and wanting attention. He, too, was familiar, and Kennedy obliged with a scratch behind the ears.

Brenin, a Belgian Malinois, or a Belgian Shepard to the uncultured, and her parter since joining MI5. His head was cocked to one side, whining at the haze of smoke. Kennedy put out the cigarette. Brenin didn't like her smoking.

She stood, stretched, and decided to head over to the Mess Hall for breakfast with Brenin trotting along at her side. No early-morning routine, being more a night owl, and given her non-military background Kennedy wasn't yet accustomed to the usual happenings on base. For now she was operating as per usual. Mostly. Living on-base would take some getting used to. She wore grey, nondescript fatigues as opposed to her usual attire, not too casual, thinking it best to do so, but she managed with some makeup, a layer of eyeshadow like she'd worn since high school, enough to push the boundaries of acceptable policy. More habit than rebellion at this point. The way she was, and like her cigarette habit it was unlikely to change for whatever the reason.

Arriving at the Mess Hall, she grabbed a rather large helping of food with extra meat to share with Brenin who waited patiently in line with her. Still a bit groggy with sleep, and not wanting to butt into any ongoing conversations, she grabbed an inconspicuous table a bit away from the more noisy of groups, sitting alone with only her dog for company. Not that she minded.

Socializing was hard, at least in any manner that would be meaningful, so she'd stick to herself as she always did.

It was easier that way.

Theodosiya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Theodosiya » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:44 am

(Sub-Inspector, Den 88)
Anak Agung Ayu Dewi
"Mahakali
(Sgt Major, Den 90 Bravo)
Alexander Panji Kala
"Vayu"
February 22nd 2018

"Well, it goes quite well, I think. Given that normally we don't train in place this big" Panji closes his gun locker, before he turns to Dewi, yawning and standing against the locker door.

"What could be expected? Rainbow would've been better funded than the entire Armed forces and Police" She grunts, and walked out from the armory, followed by Panji.

"Wonder about the breakfast today. Never tasted Greek cuisine. Is it good?" Panji trailed behind, his tall figure tower above Dewi.

"Quite tasty, for me. I go to few different restaurants when I have free time, or if the mission happens to place me in one. I prefer German cuisine, though, outside local. And pretty sure we can't be picky here. This is military base after all, not a mall or street market, an American one too" she talked as she adjust her ponytail.

"Anyway, where are Seta and Harun?" Panji scanned the military base. He realized that many people moves around and doing activities one would expect in a military base. He didn't see their older and experienced cousins, although he's pretty sure he might have saw one or two other operators.

"I don't know. Hopefully not killing each other. Or doing something stupid" Dewi sighed. She knew what Harun might've done in his past, and the fact that he disliked marines in general worries her more. Inter-service rivalry rise from time to time, and it didn't help when two unit involved have a feud dating nearly as old as the armed force was, and blood nearly spilled at one point. It's been quite a long time after any serious incident between Marines and Kopassus, but who knows?

"They're more professional than what you think. Or I hope" Panji scratched his chin. He often shaves, but somehow his beard grows slightly thicker than average.

"Oh well. Hope what you said is right. Let's get some breakfast. I can ate like a boar now" Dewi jogged a bit when she spotted the mess hall

(Captain, Denjaka)
Marselinus Aryo Setadewa
"Varuna"
(First Lieutenant, Sat 81)
Harun Yudha Raka
"Kala"
February 22nd 2018

"Ah..., hot fucking shower. Been nearly lifetime since we enjoy this" Harun shouts, as he washed his face.

"Well, given we live in tropics back home, we don't really need it" Seta replied as he pulled his towel and dried himself.

"Still nice after a long tiring operation" Harun grunts, applying soap to his body

"Too bad most of them are in Papua or Sulawesi. If only we're deployed near home base" Seta sneers. "Come on, don't be a such crybaby"

"Ah, shut up. Better enjoy this as we could" Harun laughed.

"Fine, Harun, fine" Seta grins. "Come on, I think most people would already in the mess hall and eating breakfast. I don't want to squat outside the mess hall"

Dewi looked around. Her tray filled with a bun, bacon, potatoes and a cup of cappuccino, avoiding the meat in case if it's from a cow, for religious reason. She carefully moves around the tables, operators and personnel, looking for a place, Panji following behind her, his breakfast nearly similar with Dewi, except he had some meat, and a nearly sugarless black coffee.

"So many people here, all over the world. French, US, China, North and South Korea, Serbia, Bosnia, Japan..." Dewi mumbles as she looked around.

"I wish I've worn my full uniform here..." Panji looked at himself. Neither he and Dewi wore their uniform, with him wearing Paskhas issued t-shirt DPM pants and the combat boots, and her in sweatshirt and track pants.

"I don't think that's required here. Come on, I think I saw some empty spot there" Dewi nods at a table in the room.

They approached the table, next to a table where a Japanese, a Hong Kong police operator, a Turk and a Finnish operator sat.

"*Morning, guys. Anak Agung Ayu Dewi. Just call me Dewi, though. Or Mahakali, if you guys rather call me by my callsign. Sniper" Dewi introduced herself, after she sat on the chair. "And this is my cou..., colleague from Indonesian Air Force Bravo Detachment" she gestured toward Panji. He sat down across Dewi, and after noticing the Japanese operator, bowed slightly, and spoke as polite and in Japanese...

"Sergeant Major Alexander Panji Kala, Indonesian Air Force Bravo Detachment. I look forward to be deployed alongside you, eh, Konayama-sama?"

Dewi rolled her eyes, and hissed at Panji, "Do you really have to do that? What if she doesn't like it?" before turning to Miyuki and apologized in Japanese.

"I'm not trying to be rude here. I just wanted to be nice" Panji protested.

"Not that way" Dewi replies. "Just do it in English, okay?"

"Alright, Dewi" Panji sighs."*Sergeant Major Alexander Panji Kala, Indonesian Air Force Bravo Detachment. An honor to meet you all. Hopefully I won't be a burden. I'm a 'Designated Marksman-Medic'" He spoke slowly. "Better?" He looks at Dewi, slightly irritated at her.

"Better" she sighs. "*So, uh, what are you guys talking about, earlier?" She turns to the rest of the team.

Some time later...

"Lets grab some breakfast" Seta walked into the mess hall.

"As much as I could" Harun trails behind. Both of them wore their DPM BDU, the only difference that Seta have Denjaka, Navy and his Captain rank patch, while Harun have the Kopassus, Army and First Lieutenant rank. They waited the line for food, while looking around the place.

"How often do we train, or even fought alongside foreigners?" Harun grunts, when he spotted an Australian. "Australian. Great. Hope we don't clash with him"

"No need to be hostile, Harun. We're International Task Force. Of course there's a lot of foreigners" Seta spoke to Harun. "Beside, that's the fastest ticket to go back home. And for all shits you've done, you're a damn reliable fucker, Lieutenant. I'll need you, okay?"

"Don't worry, Captain" Harun grins. "Well, there's the kids. Wonder what they're having...?"

"One thing for sure here. Bacon" Seta looked at the queue. "And from the looks of it, not a really good ones"

"Ah, well. Eat what you have" Harun bite his lower lip. "Can't wait to get some bacon and potatoes"

"You're serious?" Seta stares at Harun, one of his eyebrow raised.

"Damn serious, Seta" Harun turns, flashed a grin and waited again. "Look. Is that a Serb acting nice to a Bosnian?" Harun points to a man in Serbian uniform. "Bet that they going to fight in 3...,2...,1..." Seta shook his head as Harun counts.

"I hope that won't happen. I seriously hope that won't happen. It would do a great wonder for moral here..." Seta sarcastically spoke to himself.

*in English, most conversations here in Indonesian.
Last edited by Theodosiya on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
The strong rules over the weak
And the weak are ruled by the strong
It is the natural order

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Mess Hall, Souda Bay Naval Base, Crete, Greece

Lewis was content at the moment. He'd woken up a bit early to go check out the firing range, and shot a few rounds aswell. His groupings were good enough, not too much to worry about. He'd overheard some of the foreign operators talk in their various tongues, namely the Indonesians, though he'd spotted a South Korean aswell he thought. The nationality ratio of the Division B was rather interesting. A plethora of Americans, East Asians, Euros, and Russians, he hoped the Lingua Franca of the teams would be English, and not Russian or Korean or whatever else. The North Korean member had been the talk around the base, and namely why he was there. Sandman figured the North Korean State would only partake if it was sometime that was important enough to them. If that meant it was for international recognition, some treacherous spy plot, or if they'd had enough issues with the White Masks to bother joining in on the team he'd have to see.

He chatted with a few of the Americans stationed there, they were curious on what the deal was with the Russians and East Asians running around a NATO base, but Sandman gave them nothing in response.

He made his way to the mess hall, with not much else in mind than to get a good meal. Lewis covered his plate with grub, over the years acquiring a fine taste for bland and mass produced bacon and eggs, having a burger back in his hometown was basically a celebration every time he had enough off time to go back home. As he searched for a seat he spotted a few groups of his co-workers chatting together. He glanced at their flag patches on their sleeves. He'd overheard there were some Balkan folk in the ranks, and having experience in intervening in Balkan conflicts back in 99', he hoped they'd be professional about it.

Sandman had no identifiable patches of his own, as is Delta Force style. His BDU instead including a patch that said "O-POS" in indication of his blood type, and he had a morale patch that featured a Cowboy with his sixshooter drawn at his hip with the text "The Fastest Hand in the West" wrapped around the ovular patch.

Lewis spotted a short, young looking woman sitting by herself, accompanied only by a service dog, occasionally sharing her meal with it. He figured he'd go chat with her, not wanting to attempt to unravel the conversation had by the other group members. He took his meal tray and sat on the other side of the table infront of her. Lewis spotted a Union Jack patch on her sleeve, meaning she was a Englishwoman, or perhaps a Scot to be fair. He gave her an informal salute as a greeting gesture, and introduced himself.

"I'm Sandman, former Delta Force. What's your name if you don't mind?"
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Karolina "Rusalka" Dragomirova

February 22nd 2018 // 0540 Local Time

The stride over to the mess hall took less than a minute, though getting all her gear ready and on her person was another thing. STepping into the mess, more than a few head turned to the woman strapped and ready to ward off another German invasion. He voice cut above the jib and talk of almost everything else in the mess hall.

"Mahakali, Varuna, Eucalypt, Haukka, Phoenix, Gambit, Vayu, Milk, Cobra, Patrol, Sandman, Crow, Foudre, Switchblade, Whitetail! Report to the kill house! You have ten minutes!" Those she called out knew who they were, no need to go through much else in the publicity of the mess. That could wait until they got to the killhouse hangar. Rainbow's de facto hang out.

As she left the room, she started back towards the kill house. Unaware of all of what was happening in the mess hall.

Safija "Zmija" Topčagić

February 22nd 2018 // 0540 Local Time

Her eyes drifted slowly upwards from her meal, sandy mashed potatoes, mystery meat, and a buttered bun. Up towards a rather sizeable Serbian, acting as jolly and welcome as Father Christmas himself. The the only present a Serbian had ever given her was grief. She swallowed the lump of food currently in her mouth before replying, "The last time I saw a Serbian smoking, he flicked the cigarette into a petrol drenched pile of my neighbours. Last thing I saw before spending the night crawling along a drainage ditch. Followed by nearly four months of wandering around my broken and plundered homeland." a pause as she let that settle in, "I am pretty fucking far from your sister. And your offer is far from welcome. Now let me finish my meal in peace."

She could have gone farther, described the smell, the sights, the sounds of almost five days of waiting until she could move in Srebrenica. Four months of trying to evade the groups of Serbs out for her blood, or worse. But people were eating, and no doubt a few of the American's here would have more than a few choice words with the Serb if they were reminded of that massacre, no, genocide.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:30 am

Simo "Haukka" Jokinen
February 22nd, 2018

Simo nodded in acknowledgment as various other members of Rainbow began to join their table. The Turk seemed amiable enough, although a small itch within his brain almost made him want to sneer when she introduced herself. He was able to keep a small smile on his face, but deep down he chided himself for allowing personal emotions to get the best of him given the situation. I'll take a Turk over a Somalian, he thought quietly to himself as the Indonesian operators made their way over to the table.

They were a bit... different than the rest, but Simo chalked it up to a cultural difference. While he made sure to act respectable as they introduced themselves, he could help but question why on earth they'd let Indonesian forces onto their unit. While politics in South East Asian were of little concern to him, he had heard enough about their rather...aggressive tactics they had used on their own citizens in the past. However, if they were letting Serbs, Bosnians, and North Koreans join, he supposed that the Indonesians would be the least of their worries.

While it was beyond his pay roll entirely, even after its handsome raise with joining this unit, Simo couldn't help but wonder what the hell Six was thinking when she recruited all of these people. Sure, there were the run of the mill NATO and Russian operatives, but the seemingly random selection of operators made him question the spook woman. All he could hope for at this point was that their skills would be worth the headaches that would certainly follow.

"So, uh, what are you guys talking about, earlier?"

Not one to miss an opportunity to be a smartass, Simo sarcastically replied to the Indonesian.

"Just taking bets on who would would be the first throw the first punch, the Serb or the Bosnian."

A bit of commotion caused his eyes to settle towards the sight of the two seemingly in a confrontation already. Simo simply rolled his eyes before returning back to the others.

"And it looks like our toverit over there are about to decide right now."

However, before they could find out for sure, Simo heard his designated call sign as well as several others being shouted out by their commanding officer, Dragomirova. Considering that she had both blared out their call signs for all to hear as well as not waited for them to finish eating, this had to mean something big. Glancing at the others, he gave a quick nod before retrieving his plate and dumped it in the disposal area before proceeding to the kill house. He ignored the stares that the standard personnel were now giving him, as they too were smart enough to realize that something was afoot. Simo let a small sigh out as he exited the building, somewhat wishing he had the privilege of remaining unaware of the hell of the hell that was likely occurring somewhere in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere. However, this is what he agreed to do, and he'd be damned if he'd have second thoughts now.

He was the first to arrive to the kill house, and almost began to put himself at ease before he realized such procedures were no longer necessary. Feeling almost like a new born giraffe trying to stand up on its legs for the first time, he hesitantly set himself down on a nearby folding chair, doing his best to get comfy as he waited for the others to arrive.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Kim "Snow" Hyuna
Park "Patrol" In-hyun
February 22nd, 2018

Kim and Park, after both of them had finished their own respective trainings, decided to join the rest of the operators at the cafeteria. They had their own breakfasts, consisted of a mix of foods. They both became such fast friends in the team, perhaps because they are both the representations of ROK's armed forces and law enforcement, as well as the females of the team. Not saying they are the only females, though. Kim is more interested in making friends in the base, while Park prefers doing actions on the field to make friends.

Soon after, however, Park heard her designated call sign being shouted out by their commanding officer, Dragomirova. Park had finished her meal, while Kim did it slowly. "Gotta go," as she was about to bring her plates and glass to the tray. "Good luck," said Kim. Park nodded, which she did after the tray cleaning, she went to the kill house. She was the second to arrive to the kill house, a male operator has been there the first. A Scandinavian, a Finnish apparently. She took a seat the nearest folding chair on the sight, only to saw that the chair is seated close to the male one.

She sat down, and not in the mood to not make good of the time while waiting for the others, she rather made a small talk. Or at least a small introduction, "You must be...Haukka, right? Your designated call sign?" as she asked.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Simo "Haukka" Jokinen
February 22nd, 2018

Simo was not alone for too long, as soon the sound of approaching footsteps caught his ear. Turning around, he saw an Asian female operator making her way towards him. Doing his best not to seem like he was checking her out, he did his best to try and remember who she was based on the team files he'd scanned through in the past. Based on the fact that she wasn't wearing any military BDUs, he assumed her to be one of the law enforcement personnel that Six must have recruited. Considering that the only person who could fit that description, as well as based off the callsigns that had been called out before, he assumed her to be the South Korean SWAT operative In-hyun.

Sitting down next to him, she seemed to want to pass the time with some chit-chat by confirming his identity. Seeing as they were the only ones around and he had nothing else to do, he humored her.

"Joo, I'm 'Haukka'."

He reached a hand out, a small welcoming grin on his face as he introduced himself.

"Yliluutnantti Simo Jokinen, Suomen Erikoisjääkärit. Or, in a much simpler language, First Lieutenant of the Special Jaegers of Finland. At least, that's what I was before I got my golden ticket to this band of misfits."

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Park "Patrol" In-hyun
February 22nd, 2018

He naturally welcomed her question, only to answered it in his language. But he did confirmed he is Haukka. The Finnish operator, his backgrounds on military operations served more than hers. Then again, she is a law enforcement officer. She received his hand, and shook it. He is good at what he does, to be honest. He was chosen to be here. One way or another, for that matter. A First Lieutenant as well, from the Finland's special forces division. Good thing that Rainbow have a lot of special forces operators. Park came from SWAT, while Kim came from Spartan 3000, which despite its name, has just been formed two years ago and served as frontline division for the supposed North Korea's invasion. An elite unit, not a special ops one.

"Park In-hyun, Assistant Inspector, Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency," as she introduced herself. "That rank was a recent promotion shortly before this assignment," she continued.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:01 pm

Simo "Haukka" Jokinen
February 22nd, 2018

"Park In-hyun, Assistant Inspector, Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. That rank was a recent promotion shortly before this assignment."

Simo nodded his head before replying.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Officer In-hyun."

He paused, realizing that he should probably ask what she wanted to go by.

"Is that okay to refer to you as, or would you prefer that I use something else? Customs can get a bit messy, considering the different kinds of personnel that are within our unit. If it helps, I prefer to go by Jokinen, as my first name tends to cause me more issues than I'd like to deal with, especially considering my role."

He tried to let out a light-hearted chuckle, although he was unaware if she knew who he was referring to.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Park "Patrol" In-hyun
February 22nd, 2018

"Call me by my not-surname name would be good, though I won't mind if you call by my surname, which is Park. So Officer Park, or Officer In-hyun. Generally speaking, though, calling by surname is for a more formal level, while calling not by surname is rather on an informal level," said Park, while Jokkinen chuckled. He wanted to be called by his Jokkinen name, which she assumed is the surname of his.

"So, what do you think so far? I mean, as a newly-chosen Rainbow operator like the rest of us, or maybe like some of us? Can't help but figures we probably have few Rainbow vets already," she said.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse