NATION

PASSWORD

Holy High: For Once, Then, Something [OOC - Open!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

When Do We Want To Move to Arc 1?

Tuesday
15%
Wednesday
No votes
Thursday
23%
Friday
31%
Saturday
31%

Total votes : 13

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Agoi wrote:Hmm... Pokemon god or Yugioh god?

Yes.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Agoi
Secretary

Founded: Mar 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agoi » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Danceria wrote:
Agoi wrote:Hmm... Pokemon god or Yugioh god?

Yes.

I concur.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:11 pm

S i t k a wrote:Reading these posts made me go downstairs and get an ice cream cone.

Shame on you (in other words, have more ice cream!)

Happy to be of service.

*salutes with an ice cream sandwich*

Danceria wrote:I have a massive Hershey bar! Also, Bubbles's antics IC are pure d'aww...

I was going for the "Aw!" angle, so thank you very much!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:13 pm

Auphelia wrote:
S i t k a wrote:Reading these posts made me go downstairs and get an ice cream cone.

Shame on you (in other words, have more ice cream!)

Happy to be of service.

*salutes with an ice cream sandwich*

Danceria wrote:I have a massive Hershey bar! Also, Bubbles's antics IC are pure d'aww...

I was going for the "Aw!" angle, so thank you very much!

Is it bad that I'm already planning shipping/friendship routes with Bubbles? But now that Marie (Sitka) has made an app, my heart is torn. Easiest answer would be to legalize polygamy and be a harem anime protag, but where's the fun in that :P
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:27 pm

Sorry to anyone who was waiting on my post, I just got a chance to sit down.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:41 am

Charlia wrote:The App

Name: Sanzuwu, Yangwu, Jinwu, Samjok-o, Yatagarasu--though she goes by the name Kara when not being revered by mortals.

Mythos: East Asian, found in Chinese, Korean, and Japanese folklore--I'm mixing the different tales and adding a bit of my own invention so that they fit together

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Solar Manipulation, of course! She can do all sorts of sun-related things(you can find a handy list of possibilities here--take note that electromagnetism, gravity, and nuclear power are extremely difficult for her to mess around with and will usually end up causing havoc if she tries, so she's pretty much given up on that). She's also commonly associated with rebirth, and can heal herself--though she can still be killed through conventional means. Most of the time, with truly serious wounds, shock prevents her from choosing to heal herself. And finally, she is able to see through illusions created by all but the most powerful of entities.

Oh. Also, she can transform into a three-legged crow. And fly.

When it comes to gear, that thing you see on her arm acts as a focal point for her powers. That's basically it.

Mythical Origin: Kara originally existed alongside her nine sisters, all of whom resided in separate suns. Each day one of the sun crows would be rostered to travel around the world on a carriage. As soon as one sun crow returned, another one would go to cross the sky. But one day, all ten of the crows decided to go out together, thinking it would be fun. When they did, however, the world began to burn, and Houyi the great archer saved the earth by shooting Kara's nine sisters, leaving only one sun in the sky--and killing the rest.

Traumatized by watching her sisters die in front of her, Kara hid rather than go out again, and to spare the earth from freezing, she was relieved of her duties and instead made the messenger of Amaterasu, though she retained her previous abilities.

Personality: Kara is generally cheerful, friendly, and happy to help out with whatever's needed. She does have depressive spells, usually brought on by something triggering the memories of her sisters' deaths, and has a pathological fear of arrows and archers due to the event. Fiercely loyal and honest to a fault, she'll never break a promise and often has trouble keeping track of what should be said and what shouldn't. However, any bad results of her lack of brain-to-mouth filter are always deeply regretted, and she'll do pretty much anything to try and make up for her error. Still, it's probably best not to tell her any secrets. She's a bit, shall we say, distractable, and has a hard time focusing on one thing at a time--but don't let that fool you, she's actually pretty smart and does good work, when she can keep doing it.

She can be serious, however--when the situation really, truly calls for it. Then, it's probably best to duck.

Appearance:

Favorite Subject: Art. No, no, science! Or is it math? Uh--whatever she happens to be doing at the time, really.

Likes: Oh, lots of things. Especially shiny things. She loves shiny things. But she also likes hanging out with her friends, being praised, flying, warmth, oddly enough cats...

Dislikes: Archers, hunting, accidentally hurting peoples' feelings or telling secrets, making mistakes, disappointing people

Theme Song: You can have two.

Well, that's someone Unobt will be able to be fast friends with, I believe.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:15 pm

Sky is working on his app. :)

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:18 pm

Charlia wrote:Sky is working on his app. :)

Can you please save me from my snake, because Bubbles is too happy/dumb/crazy to try and get out.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

S i t k a
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:21 pm

So what's the current situation in the RP? I know I can't post yet because I haven't been accepted, but I thought I'd ask.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.
Local News: Karl Marx visits Sitka, is "impressed".

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Charlia wrote:Sky is working on his app. :)

Can you please save me from my snake, because Bubbles is too happy/dumb/crazy to try and get out.
I mean, Rena's method of doing that would be to start eating it until Bubbles could get out... :unsure: Or possibly have her servants cut it open with knives and then eat the part they cut out. Either way, part of that snake would be quite likely to get eaten.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Charlia wrote: I mean, Rena's method of doing that would be to start eating it until Bubbles could get out... :unsure: Or possibly have her servants cut it open with knives and then eat the part they cut out. Either way, part of that snake would be quite likely to get eaten.

Eh, the snake should be fine. It's immortal . . . probably.

And she gets a nice snack out of it, so its a win-win-lose!

SC #307

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:32 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Charlia wrote: I mean, Rena's method of doing that would be to start eating it until Bubbles could get out... :unsure: Or possibly have her servants cut it open with knives and then eat the part they cut out. Either way, part of that snake would be quite likely to get eaten.

Eh, the snake should be fine. It's immortal . . . probably.

And she gets a nice snack out of it, so its a win-win-lose!
:D

You, sir or madam, are entertaining.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:37 pm

Charlia wrote::D

Thank you very much.

Tips are accepted in ice cream or pie, preferably both.

SC #307

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:38 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Charlia wrote::D

Thank you very much.

Tips are accepted in ice cream or pie, preferably both.

*wants ice cream again now*

This may become a problem.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:44 pm

S i t k a wrote:*wants ice cream again now*

According to my lawyers (aka Wikipedia), I cannot be held responsible for any health problems that arise from increased ice cream consumption.

Eat delicious treats at your own risk.

SC #307

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:47 pm

Auphelia wrote:
S i t k a wrote:*wants ice cream again now*

According to my lawyers (aka Wikipedia), I cannot be held responsible for any health problems that arise from increased ice cream consumption.

I'd offer to let you retain me as an attorney, if and when I get a degree, but that's going to be a number of years and by then it might be too late. XD

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:49 pm

Charlia wrote:
Auphelia wrote:

I'd offer to let you retain me as an attorney, if and when I get a degree, but that's going to be a number of years and by then it might be too late. XD

*calls one of those sketchy-looking lawyers you see on billboards*

"Generic Law Firm, how may I help you?"

"Quick, what's the statute of limitations on ice cream?!?!?!?!"

"..." *click*

Well. I guess I don't have a case.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Charlia wrote:I'd offer to let you retain me as an attorney, if and when I get a degree, but that's going to be a number of years and by then it might be too late. XD

Well, you stabbed her eye out.

But now you're her best friend, so it all worked out!

SC #307

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Charlia wrote:I'd offer to let you retain me as an attorney, if and when I get a degree, but that's going to be a number of years and by then it might be too late. XD

Well, you stabbed her eye out.

But now you're her best friend, so it all worked out!
Holy snickerdoodle. I love it!

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:55 pm

Charlia wrote:Holy snickerdoodle. I love it!

I'm sending you the bill when I get diabetes.

*makes snickerdoodle cookies*

By the way, Bubbles is never letting Rena go. You are like a mother duck to her ducking: you have imprinted on her and you are essentially her mother figure. Lucky you, getting a child without having to go through the painful part!

SC #307

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Posted. Hecate isn't actually sneaking out, BTW, so she's open for interaction, unless someone doesn't mind me hopping in soon.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:05 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Charlia wrote:Holy snickerdoodle. I love it!

I'm sending you the bill when I get diabetes.

*makes snickerdoodle cookies*

By the way, Bubbles is never letting Rena go. You are like a mother duck to her ducking: you have imprinted on her and you are essentially her mother figure. Lucky you, getting a child without having to go through the painful part!
:blink:

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:09 pm

Charlia wrote: :blink:

You talked to her, and this is the price you pay.

Congratulations, the creator of the universe is your best friend/ duckling.

SC #307

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Gotta love being banned from an RP for posting an image of your character in the shipping channel on the Discord. imo

I'm gonna get to work on Mason's app
Fear the Angels of Darkness, for they are of the few remaining Nephalem.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.
Do you like pudding, Eric?

Theme Song

Am I here? Can someone tell me?

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:42 am

The App

Name: Dru’tawus (Drew-taa-wooze)

Mythos: OC, but with nods to IRL religions

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear:
Domains: Music and Agriculture.

Abilities: Friendly - Living things, or at least things with souls, are more at ease around him.
Heals - Self explanatory

Mythical Origin: Once an Angel of the Demiurge/Evil Baddie, he felt pity upon the mortal humans. Deciding that they ought not be the playthings of the incomprehensible evil any longer, he nearly forfeited his “divine” power to protect them. Something he continues to do to this very day.

Associated with growth and new life, and the persistence of life against death, he is the promise of redemption of a very dark world...

Personality: He has a man out of his time, as the ways humans are odd to him (such as wearing clothes, some euphemisms/figures of speech). Nevertheless he is rather gung-ho about enjoying life and helping out people. Even if they don’t really want/need...help.

You will find him belting out into song, talking far too loud for his own good, and perhaps taking things a bit too literal, serious, and overthink about the most trivial of matters and under-think the most critical of matters.

Overall, a pretty normal bloke, he turns his homework relatively on time, and is rather eager to volunteer.

Appearance: Pics or descriptions are fine. Any forms necessary are fine too. Just nothing too edge, please.

Normal Mode (Now 20000% more FAB-U-LOUS!)

An Icon depicting the Azure King

Į͘͠ ̵̡͝b̡e̢h̸͘e͠l͟͢d̨̨ ̡̢t͘i̷̛l͝l̡̕͢ ̸́t̢he ̶͏t̡hr̨̛o͘n̶͏͠e҉s͜ ̴̢͡w҉̀e҉̧́r̶é̡ ̶c͠a̛̛s̕͏̨ţ ̀d́o͘w̡ń̵̶,͠ ̧an̵̶d͘͢ t̨h̀̕e͏͜ ͢҉̶A̷͞͞n̸͞͞c҉i̡̛ę̀n̡t̷͢ ơ͠f҉ d̵̡a̛͏y̛͞ś̡͟ ̸͠͠d̛͜͠i͡d̡ ͘҉s͞i̢͝t̢,̶̷̴ ̷͠w͢͏h͘͝os̕͝è g͜͝a͜͠rm͘en͝͏̨t͠ ͢w̡̛a͠҉s̶҉ ̷whi͟t͜e͡ ͜a͢s͟ ͡s̀n͟͢o͝w̕, ̷̡a̡nd ̨̡t͠he̷̕ ̸͝h́͢á̶̛iŗ̶̴ ͟͏o͘f̨ ̷h̶̢is͜͟ ҉͘͡hea͠͡d̢̢͝ l͘ík͡e̶ ̀t͜h̨e̷ p̷͜͝u̴̧r̢e̢͏ ́͝wo̴̧o̶l̷:͢ ̶hi҉̛s̸̀ ̶̷̴t͘h̢r̛o͝n͜͞͠e̡ ̀w͞à̕s̡̛͞ ̷̛͞l̡̡̨i͞k̸͡e̸ t͞h͢҉é ̶̛͢f͡i͏ȩ̸̨r͟y ͡f͏̡l̷͡a͟͜m̢e,̢̧͠ ̧́a̵̵̸n̷̴͘d̷̨ h̨iş͟ ̛͞w̕h͢͏҉e̶̛ȩ̵l̸҉s̕͝ ̷̧ąs̷ ҉̀b͏̛u̷̕ŕ̢͜n͞į̨n̡̡͘g͝ ̵f̡ì̧ŗe҉

Á̷̡̦̖̫̮̦̠̣̫̘N̴̡̘͚͇̲͓͇̹̦͉̗̻͎̠̺̜̞͕͙͟D̛̕҉̜̥͖̤̪͕̲̳̟H̸͠҉̳͍̖͉̞̭̥̗͉I͚̞̻̜̼̞̼̹̲͖̘͈̖͖̳̱͘̕ͅS҉҉̣̯̜̻͎̺̜̙̩͕̥̻̞̩͈͘͟W̶̗̲̳̩̳̞̭̹̙̺̯̼͇̼͍͓̠̗̕͟Ḩ̴̀͏͇͙͖̰E̷͖͙̳̪̜͍̟̲̣̭͎͚͍̞̖̞̥̞̕ͅÈ̷̘̲̥̱̱̥͞L̺̝̫̯̲̙̤̕̕͡S̴̤̱̬̝͍̗̺̬͙̪͙̘̭͉̳̞̙͞ͅA̶̴̴͎̼̤̭̫̦̝̭͈̜̺̭̭̲̪͙͙͟͠S͏̛͡҉̘̰͕̪͈̝͡B̶̡̥̟̩̫̲̪̟͕͕͈̙ͅͅU͏̛҉̧̫̫̗̬͚̳͙̣̝̹̳͍̥̦͇̲̬̕R̵͖͚͔͘͡N̨̹̫͓̥͞Í̱̺͚̹̩̮̗̩̳͍̹͢͜͜͠ͅͅN̵̖̻̠̻̪̝͔̦͘̕͢͠G͉̦͎͉͈͔̳̣̘̫̥̀ͅF̢̩̮̙̳̖̫̖̜͚͢I̸̸̢̭̝̯͎̠̙͈͙̳̖̞̺̺͈͇͢ͅR̖̜̲͉̤̟̺̗͈̫̲͙̻̞̣̪̣͡͞E҉̴̝̲̱̲͎̻̳̼̀͟W̷̶̷̲̣͖̫̳̻̯͔̦̥̯͎͚̺̪̹̹̬͝ͅE̵̶̢͚̥̞̻͍̰͚̥̣͚̮̖͍̣̮͜Ŗ̡̧̣̯̰̳̠͕̤͓͎̖̲ͅE҉̸̫͉̜̫̝̱̝͙̲̺͔̝̹̀F̶͡͏̺͍͕̜͕͇͈͓͔̞͖͈̠͖̹̺̜̫Ú̴͏̵̢̞͔͙̥̬̠̝̮̭̩͕͉̤ͅͅL҉̧͖̪͈͔̠̳͈̕Ļ̕͟҉̩̺̰̜̠͓̲̘͍̦̝̣͇̦ͅͅͅͅÒ͕̟̩̹̭̱͈͈͙͚̠͇̬͢͜͝ͅF̨͟҉͚̘͙̗̼̰̥̲̦͉̬͚̮̹͉̻̠F̜͕̜̫̭̙͉̳͓́͜͠I͠͏̥͉͓̰̭̪̭̳̱͎̘̥̠̖͘͜R̕͢͝͏̮̳̰̞̰̟̱̯̭͓̝̞͓̪͈̫̭͈E̸̶̞͍͓̺͔͍̰̺̘̣̱͜R̢̧̪͚̞͖̘̠̰͝Ơ̵̹͕͓̯̟̯̫̤̮̞̱̦͠U̡̡͇̲͉̫̕ͅN̢͙̺̯̮̭̭͓̺̣̯̭͉D̛͟͡͏̵͔̜̫̩̝͇̯̥͓͙̱̖̬͓̦̗À̤͇͖̲͎̯͔̮̮̳͇͉͎̕͘͝B̸̯̰̜̩͜ͅÓ̡̡̘̥̩͓̺̲̖̼̦͚̻̭̯̤̥̜̜̳͠͠U͖͎͎̟͚͎̜͇̠͚̭̬͍̪͠Ţ̴̴̸̘̘̣̝̰͍̺̗̞̼͓̯̪̞̘̹̺̝̥̕Ţ͎̗̳͎̖̣̖͈͉̫̜͕̗̳̹̤̗͎͟͟͝ͅH̷̡̟̗̳̝̜̼͖͖̣͜͜E̷̸̦̻̳̜̗̕͟M̶̷̛̹̪̠͎̙̺̖̣̥̞̪̹̹̖͠F̷͍̯̘͢O̢̗͈̲̞̜̜̪͝U̕͡͞͏̺̺̫̙̝ͅR̵͍̹̱̺͚̳̱̫̗̜͘͢

”To understand the value of peace and life, look at all blood that has been shed/flowed for it…”

Favorite Subject: Music, botany, anything that causes invigoration or a sense of awe

Likes: Dodos, music, peacocks, warm weather, compassion, redemption

Dislikes: Stubbornly evil people, discord,

Theme Song: As performed by his most current Avatar, N’Goka’or K’yarnak-orre Which translates roughly from R’lyehian to “Lost One Of (the) Wish-force-share/exchange(exchanging? Sharing? Generous?)-soul, Resident of the Realm of Information” Musical analysts indicate that it is an expression of anguish. That which is divine cannot always comprehend that what is mortal, as such he attempts to connect with his followers on the most trivial of matters, but ultimately he realizes as he is a force permeating outside of reality, he cannot have a place of belonging, or a “home”.
When Lord Dru’tawus gets poppin’, things get trippy...
Last edited by Danceria on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Obligatory Quotes below

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse