NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Repeal “Commend Evil Wolf”

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Fixed
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:47 am

Yeah commending Wolf was a fine jest but I think it's gone on long enough.

New Ex Patria
Attaché

Founded: Sep 01, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Ex Patria » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:13 am

Vehemently for.
The Rejected Realms ~ Soviet Democracy ~ Osiris

A.k.a Siege
Left/Right: -5.38
Authoritarian/Libertarian: 0.62

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:20 am

When does this show plan to hit the road?
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:31 am

Looks to me like some individuals, salty that their political interests failed to win the day, have turned to the petty avenue of attempting to take a badge away from a dedicated player. Unsurprising but nonetheless disappointing.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:39 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Looks to me like some individuals, salty that their political interests failed to win the day, have turned to the petty avenue of attempting to take a badge away from a dedicated player. Unsurprising but nonetheless disappointing.

An eye for an eye. :P
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:43 am

Feux wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Looks to me like some individuals, salty that their political interests failed to win the day, have turned to the petty avenue of attempting to take a badge away from a dedicated player. Unsurprising but nonetheless disappointing.

Wolf has contributed more to this game than the average commended individual by far, and while taking a badge away may be all that those who have been comprehensively defeated militarily can do, it only reveals their actual weakness. #sad #fakenews #mahajsanktheship #lwu>fendanation
Ideological Bulwark #253
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:08 am

For.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:56 am

You are all talking like this is not currently losing by a landslide, being for this draft repeal is pointless :P

Edit: Just noticed how horrid that sentence was. Let my try again:

You are all talking like Commend Evil Wolf is going to pass, even though it is losing by a landslide. This draft is pointless.
Last edited by Leutria on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:14 pm

Hey Mall do me a favor and actually read the OP. Especially the part about Wolf definitely deserving a badge ;)

Leutria wrote:You are all talking like this is not currently losing by a landslide, being for this draft repeal is pointless :P
Uh, I’m afraid I don’t understand what you’re saying
Last edited by Fauxia on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:56 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Hey Mall do me a favor and actually read the OP. Especially the part about Wolf definitely deserving a badge ;)

Your base of support here, per the terms of the proposal, would not be Wolf supporters who want to see him condemned to honor him, and you know that. Further, Wolf being commended instead of condemned is one of the great novelties in NS, and to attempt to strike it down is a shameful attempt to drag the SC even further into paper-pushing drudgery.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Hessere
Attaché

Founded: Oct 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hessere » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:05 pm

It does feel like the fendas are compensating for a little something that happened to them. Honestly this is just laughable, not that misdirecting your ire is illegal :P
I bet you'll love NS gameplay.
Moral Defending is DISGUSTANG
Semi-active SC Forums ranter
You should watch me come to terms with myself at the eventual heat death of the universe

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:33 pm

Hessere wrote:It does feel like the fendas are compensating for a little something that happened to them. Honestly this is just laughable, not that misdirecting your ire is illegal :P
Once again, no one's saying Wolf doesn't deserve a badge, and it isn't just fendas anyway. But I suppose it's easier to just group everyone in support into a single category rather than actually read the thread, I know, reading is difficult

Hessere
Attaché

Founded: Oct 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hessere » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:21 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Hessere wrote:It does feel like the fendas are compensating for a little something that happened to them. Honestly this is just laughable, not that misdirecting your ire is illegal :P
Once again, no one's saying Wolf doesn't deserve a badge, and it isn't just fendas anyway. But I suppose it's easier to just group everyone in support into a single category rather than actually read the thread, I know, reading is difficult

Lol just here because spite, I think we'd all rather just focus on card-collecting right about now (well, at least some of us, I doubt anyone wants to be debating currently).
I bet you'll love NS gameplay.
Moral Defending is DISGUSTANG
Semi-active SC Forums ranter
You should watch me come to terms with myself at the eventual heat death of the universe

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:30 pm

I'm still leaning toward voting against this, because the overall scope of Evil Wolf's career is still impressive.

But it is definitely exhausting for the people who felt for him back in the day, and who listened to him whine and moan about the PRL and the ejection of long time natives, only to now realize he never meant a single solitary word he said. It was all wasted time and effort reading his posts. He talked a big talk about what was unacceptable in terms of running a region - but in reality he was just frankly a liar. I always felt he took that issue seriously, and like it was based in a sense of being a decent person to the people you spend time with in-game. And then, when this happens, it is hard not to also read it in terms of being a decent person...

Just my two cents.
AKA Weed

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:32 pm

Topid wrote:I'm still leaning toward voting against this, because the overall scope of Evil Wolf's career is still impressive.

But it is definitely exhausting for the people who felt for him back in the day, and who listened to him whine and moan about the PRL and the ejection of long time natives, only to now realize he never meant a single solitary word he said. It was all wasted time and effort reading his posts. He talked a big talk about what was unacceptable in terms of running a region - but in reality he was just frankly a liar. I always felt he took that issue seriously, and like it was based in a sense of being a decent person to the people you spend time with in-game. And then, when this happens, it is hard not to also read it in terms of being a decent person...

Just my two cents.

What are you doing here, Topid? None of us want to debate right now!

Hessere wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Once again, no one's saying Wolf doesn't deserve a badge, and it isn't just fendas anyway. But I suppose it's easier to just group everyone in support into a single category rather than actually read the thread, I know, reading is difficult

Lol just here because spite, I think we'd all rather just focus on card-collecting right about now (well, at least some of us, I doubt anyone wants to be debating currently).

One can do multiple things at once, you know, and card-collecting gets boring after a little while. And listen, feel free not to debate if you don't want to, especially considering what you've said is neither constructive nor truthful nor interesting nor original nor anything else that adds to the debate. However, clearly, some people would actually like to debate right now, even if you don't like discussion about topics you have a side on. If you want to say "no one wants to debate" do it on a thread where no one is posting and is still getting bumped. But the people here clearly would like to debate, considering none of them are forced to post. Don't claim "no one wants to debate" if clearly they do. Just go out quietly, and leave the debaters to their debating. Thanks :)

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:35 pm

Fauxia wrote:What are you doing here, Topid?

Just trapped on this site like everyone else :lol:
AKA Weed

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Hey Mall do me a favor and actually read the OP. Especially the part about Wolf definitely deserving a badge ;)

Your base of support here, per the terms of the proposal, would not be Wolf supporters who want to see him condemned to honor him, and you know that. Further, Wolf being commended instead of condemned is one of the great novelties in NS, and to attempt to strike it down is a shameful attempt to drag the SC even further into paper-pushing drudgery.

Do I know that? I'm really rather concerned that you know my thoughts even when I don't.

And novelties aren't necessarily good, anyway. That defense seems pretty much just like "I want to keep one of the resolutions I wrote commending my ally". I mean, fair enough, a lot of us would do the same, but it doesn't really show why anyone else shouldn't support the repeal.

And considering the moderate support that this will need to pass, if it actually does, which, granted, won't be easy, I think even if my "supporters" won't support a condemnation of Evil Wolf, the middle men will be large enough to pass it. That worry seems unwarranted to me.

Also, no debating, Mall, we all just want to trade cards right now!

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:19 pm

Alright, draft two up

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:23 am

The exact same things were done with Krulltopia's and AMOM's commendations during the NLO coup, and they were far more deserving of commendation.

I can't find any record of Evil Wolf supporting that, but he opposed the NLO coup and I can't find any record of him opposing repeal of their commendations either. We've already set the precedent of repealing commendations based on participation in coups. Not sure why Evil Wolf should be exempted.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ziotah and Riverside
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 09, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ziotah and Riverside » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:28 am

For.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:47 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:

The exact same things were done with Krulltopia's and AMOM's commendations during the NLO coup, and they were far more deserving of commendation.

I can't find any record of Evil Wolf supporting that, but he opposed the NLO coup and I can't find any record of him opposing repeal of their commendations either. We've already set the precedent of repealing commendations based on participation in coups. Not sure why Evil Wolf should be exempted.

"I can't find evidence of him opposing X insignificant part of a much larger thing" isn't an argument either way. Besides, Wolf is Wolf. The difference speaks for itself.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:34 am

Feux wrote:

An eye for an eye, comrade.

Full support. Strip LWU from anything they have.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:25 pm

I get that this is a controversial repeal and people would like to argue about it. Nothing wrong with that, argue whatever you want. However, any suggestions on how to improve this? I don't think it's ready yet but I don't know where to go with it.

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:27 pm

Fauxia wrote:I get that this is a controversial repeal and people would like to argue about it. Nothing wrong with that, argue whatever you want. However, any suggestions on how to improve this? I don't think it's ready yet but I don't know where to go with it.

Maybe add a clause about LWU itself being condemned? I think its pretty well written right now Fauxia :)
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Chief of Staff and former four time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council