NATION

PASSWORD

[EASTER EGG] The Issue with Trading Cards

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

[EASTER EGG] The Issue with Trading Cards

Postby Jutsa » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:05 am

Title: The Issue with Trading Cards
The Issue: Trading Cards throughout Nationstates have been promoting gambling among our future generation. Administrators, concerned parents, and some other guy have come to your office asking you to do something.
Validity: Must have a trading card, gambling is illegal

Validity: Nation is not in the World Assembly
Option 1: "I can not believe you let this happen, @@LEADER@@!" shouts @@RANDOMNAME@@, holding a sign that reads "cards are evil and should be banned for the sake of human decency and salvation". "The World Assembly has gone too far! We can not allow these childish leaders to gamble with cards. You must ban them and publicly denounce them!"
[effect] postcards are banned

Validity: Nation is in the World Assembly
Option 2: "I can not believe you let this happen, @@LEADER@@!" shouts @@RANDOMNAME@@, holding a sign that reads "cards are evil and should be banned for the sake of human decency and salvation". "The World Assembly has gone too far! We can not allow these childish leaders to gamble with cards. You must ban them and publicly denounce them — by leaving the world assembly!"
[effect] postcards are banned

Option 3: "You sound like a loser who owns no cards," says Saluvatoniagoid Viola, forum administrator and avid card collector. "It's just some hardless fun that doesn't involve using real money. Maybe you want to collect a full region. Maybe you want to drive up the value of your own card. Maybe you want to fill the gaping void in your life with some kind of meaning, even if it's virtual card-based. I don't know. But I do know we have sweet cards!"
[effect] gambling is fine as long as it's not called gambling

Option 4: "This is military gameplay, short and simple and to the point!" says Ensign Vincent Soul, holding a suitcase full of cards. "These cards display information about our nation. We need to target as many people as possible from collecting our cards while at the same time collecting as many cards from others as we can. Put more funding into the military and my boys will pick up as many as we possibly can, and you'll have my full endorsement."
[effect] the military has a warehouse filled with 180,000 playing cards

Option 5: "You can do that just by looking on our website," reminds [DATA EXPUNGED] from the World Assembly. "Just go to https://www.nationstates.net and you'll even find a nation we've been tracking on suspicion of terrorism. Go ahead, take a look! In fact, to help with our services, how's about you give us all your records and passwords. We'll make your cards look way more awesome."
[effect] @@NAME@@ has been hacked for being a suspected terrorist

Option 6: "These things are useless," moans the random person that I mentioned earlier. "All the resources and money spent on making these... it's disgraceful. Go ahead and use them for something, like cleaning nails, or putting them in your bike to make it sound like a motorcycle."
[effect] @@LEADER@@'s coasters have national statistics printed on them

April Fools, everyone. :D
Last edited by Jutsa on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:08 am

I love it! :clap:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Candensia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Candensia » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:33 am

I love that you proposed this as an easter egg, on easter.

Lovely jokes are lovely.
Last edited by Candensia on Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Free Joy State wrote:Time spent working on writing skills -- even if the draft doesn't work -- is never wasted.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:22 pm

Maybe for nations with their own card?
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014

Postby Sacara » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:58 pm

Stunning! I do believe Option 2’s validity should be exclude the word ‘not’, though. :P
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Feria-Alkaline
Attaché

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Feria-Alkaline » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:16 pm

You beat me to it, Jutsa! Better execution than I coulda, but...
Sincerely, me.

Nouveau Yathrib
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nouveau Yathrib » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:31 pm

Well done! Is the repeated Option #1/#2 part of the joke?
I still can't believe that Brazil lost to Germany 1:7. Copy and paste onto your sig if you were alive when this happened.

This account is the predecessor state of Jamilkhuze and Syfenq. This is how they're different, and this is why they exist.

We are currently in the year 2181. About Us | Factbooks | Past and Future History | OOC Info | Public Relations | iiWiki | Q&A

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

-Edward Everett Hale

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:04 pm

Nope that was just a derp on my part. :rofl:

Glad you guys enjoy it. :lol:
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?