NATION

PASSWORD

Holy High: For Once, Then, Something [OOC - Open!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

When Do We Want To Move to Arc 1?

Tuesday
15%
Wednesday
No votes
Thursday
23%
Friday
31%
Saturday
31%

Total votes : 13

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:32 pm

Nuridia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Yes! Lailah is accepted! Welcome to Holy High!

Thank you! :hug:

I'm still tryna figure out Queenie's mythos.

QUEENIE AND JACOB BEST CO-

*Cough.*

I’m sorry, what were we talking about? XD
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Nuridia wrote:Thank you! :hug:

I'm still tryna figure out Queenie's mythos.

QUEENIE AND JACOB BEST CO-

*Cough.*

I’m sorry, what were we talking about? XD

:lol2: :lol2: Queenie Nightchurch, not Queenie Goldstein (although she is badass)
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:18 pm

The App

Name: Bubbles! (She says it with an exclamation mark, and she named herself after the first thing she saw, a poster for a Michael Bublé concert field trip happening in the mortal world)

Mythos: Original

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Major Goddess of Death and Sorrow, Minor Goddess of Night, Darkness, and Fear, Princess of the Underworld and Guide of the Spirit World. Her sacred animals are snakes and crows. She has stereotypical powers of death, fear, sorrow, darkness, etc. Her tears, which constantly pour from her eyes, are a powerful drug that is a toxic poison to mortals but more of a non-addictive opium to immortals and gods. She always carries her lantern, which can glow in any darkness, and is followed by a three headed black supersized mamba.

Mythical Origin: She existed in the time before Chaos, an endless eternity of nothingness that lasted less than a second. Her tears dropped into the nothingness, and from them sprung Chaos. After that everything was a blur, but she didn't care. She sat in her misery, until the first death. It was a single cell, a wretched thing that lasted less than any time at all, but when it died she felt a sense of harmony with it. Its death was like a single clear note in the white noise of her despair and sorrow. She began to be drawn to death and darkness and all like it. She hardly noticed but millions of years went by. Gods and civilisations rose and fell, the Underworld and Spirit Worlds expanded to accommodate more and more deaths, and she found herself changing to fit the new roles as more gods came along. Predictably, many gods became death gods, and she quickly found herself edged down to being simply the Guide of the Spirit World and one of the dozens of Princesses of the Underworld. She didn't care. She just cried, and cried, and cried. She got stuck with other jobs that no one wanted, like fear and sorrow and the night. She bore it all without complaint.

Then she, like most gods, found herself trapped for a year in Holy High. It was the oddest thing. One day she was guiding the spirit of a man who had killed himself to the Sector G help desk when suddenly she found herself walking the halls of HH. She isn't sure how, but this managed to shock her out of her endless misery and despair. She is finally aware of the world, and she finds it endlessly fascinating. She still has a constant stream of tears pouring out of her eyes, but for the first time she can see. She is basically a small child in terms of her overall joy and wonderment now, and pretty naive. She does occasionally slip back into her "funk", as she calls it.

Personality: She doesn't have much of one, as just last week she was snapped out of an eternity long experience in total and utter misery. Kind of bubbly mixed with a wide eyed wonder, though when she is around others she changes to be like them, because she doesn't know how to be when not in abject misery.
Too many negative emotions cause her to slip back into her "funk", dead to the world and endlessly sad.

Appearance:

Favorite Subject: She's excited to find out!

Likes: She's pretty sure that ice cream is the best thing since . . . well, she's never enjoyed anything before! Sunshine, flowers, butterflies, dogs, cats, candies, books, etc. So much fun! Have you seen bubbles? Bubbles are fun too!

Dislikes: She owes a lot of money to the library because she accidentally cried her toxic tears on several books and ruined them. And she doesn't like when she falls into her "funk". But most things are too new for her to dislike them yet! Even boy bands.

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUmE-tne5U
Last edited by Auphelia on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:25 pm

A goddess of death and destruction, AND HER NAME IS BUBBLES!!!

I flipping love it, accepted! Welcome to Holy High!
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:21 pm

*Sigh* Alright. One more time... for old times' sake.

The App

Name: Raphael the Healer, Archangel of the Lord of Heaven, Wanderer of Earth for a Hundred Eras

Mythos: Abrahamic-Custom, taking bits from Judeo-Christian and Islamic myth as well as some... personal addendum

Powers/Abilities/Domains/Gear: Essentially able to take the major wounds of others and inflict them on himself, Raphael acts as the ultimate 'I suffer for thou sins' figure. Of course, as an angel, he cannot die nor be crippled beyond movement with these wounds, unless they are by some essence magical or corrupting. At which point, he acts as a perfect redeemer in that he can purge a being of these spells or affects but at the cost of throwing himself into a fever like state for a time equivalent to the power of the enchantment, perhaps incapacitating him for eternity. Minor wounds, when even in the presence of the archangel, seem to disappear or heal far faster than normal. The signs of addiction even seem to slowly disappear with prolonged exposure to Raphael. In exchange for these great powers of healing, he has given up any form of offensive power he might have held.

Mythical Origin: Created by the Lord Our God, Almighty King of Heaven and Earth, in the time before existence recorded, Raphael was one of the first angels to ever bask in the light of creation. For time unknown, he knew nothing but eternal love and existence until the Lord saw fit to inspire Earth and the Universe into reality. With this creation came humanity, the first of many sentient creations, as well as the beginning of the fall of perfection. Satan spawned himself in the darkness, slithering into the Garden of Eden and seducing Adam and Eve to eat the fruit of knowledge of good and evil. Then, after being banished from Eden, somehow wormed his way into the ear of Lucifer, causing the fall of a great angel and the first War in Heaven. Angels were no longer perfect. Brother fought brother, sister to sister, and no being was safe from death. The Forces of Evil were defeated and banished to their Realm of Hell, allowing humanity to prosper in between Hell and Heaven, influence from both competing constantly.

Raphael fought in the war and, when it was over, participated in the events of the Old Testament in order to set humanity on the right track. After such events, he split from Heaven to wander the world alone, helping the flock of humanity as a wandering yet absentee shepherd. When Jesus was born, Raphael existed as a protector for the young saviour of humanity until such a time that he was ready to exist on his own in the world of man. Joseph and Mary were not enough to protect the young boy from the forces of evil, and so the healer volunteered until he decided he must disappear. And now, forced by God and Christ alike, the archangel has turned to Holy High as a way to... reintegrate himself into Holy society.

Personality: Just a nice guy, really. That's about it.

Appearance: Image

Favorite Subject: Musical Theory

Likes: Trumpets, guitars, pianos, instruments, spears, wings, nice people, angels, A CERTAIN TWO OTHER ANGELS MAYBE PLEASE LUMI?!

Dislikes: Demons and not nice people

Theme Song: Thank You by Chris Cornell

The App

Name: Morozko or Ded Moroz, called 'Ded' or 'Moroz' or 'Frost' or 'Frosty'

Mythos: Russian Pagan Myth and Modern Russian Orthodoxy Legend

Powers/Abilities/Domains/Gear: As the incarnation of winter, it makes sense that Moroz can control frost, snow, and the general temperature of an area with ease. Indeed, if he wished, he could turn the area of Holy High into an arctic wonderland fit for a Christmas film. He isn't likely to do this, though, and instead focuses his time on simply dropping the temperature around himself to near arctic levels so that no one will attempt to get near him.

Mythical Origin: Essentially a Slavic snow demon/deity that now exists as a Russian Santa and incarnation of winter. He is typically seen as the son of Veles and Mara, the Slavic gods of the underworld and death respectively.

Personality: Cold.

Favorite Subject: None, until snow ball making is a subject

Likes: Snow, cold, forests, cattle, guns, death, death gods, people who do not touch him

Dislikes: People who touch him, warmth, the sun, the overworld, most gods, people

Theme Song: World So Cold by Three Days Grace

The App

Name: Xo, the Forgotten God, AKA the 'Chupacabra'

Mythos: Unknown

Powers/Abilities/Domains/Gear: Being that he does not remember what he was a god of nor does anyone remember him, his domain is rather iffy. What he does know is that he resembles a vampire in form and in many abilities, able to disappear into the shadows and in his desire for blood. Strangely he also has the capabilities to summon globs of black, blue, and white fire as well as lightning of various colors. Any mortal he deems far too annoying is immediately stricken with some sort of deadly plague that quickly spreads throughout the populace. An example of this was the bird and pig flus of the 21st century.

Mythical Origin: Discovered by mortals on the island of Puerto Rico, Xo was first reported as a 'chupacabra', due to the fact that he had been snacking on his favorite meal at the time, a goat. Since that day, the last day that the young god can remember, he has been wandering around the Central American area, moving between Hispanic countries and the lower states of the Union until, eventually, he ran into a god by the name of Quetzalcoatl, the feathered serpent still kept alive by modern legend. This god defeated the starving chupacabra, sending him to Holy High to learn to use his abilities and perhaps remember who he is.

Personality: Incredibly hungry and confused all the time, but a nice guy once his hunger has faded slightly. Mainly just wants to know who he is.

Favorite Subject: History, since he has none

Likes: Goats, blood, food, people, outcasts, leads on his past, the Mexica people

Dislikes: Mean people, ostracizers, and amnesiacs

Theme Song:
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:28 pm

Still haven't found a pic for valtra, but I have another's app coming. XD
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:29 pm

Oh damn, Low Isles. I put in Lailah's bio that she and Raph used to date and that they were still friends even though they don't date anymore. Since he's a PC now, want me to change it?
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:30 pm

Nuridia wrote:Oh damn, Low Isles. I put in Lailah's bio that she and Raph used to date and that they were still friends even though they don't date anymore. Since he's a PC now, want me to change it?

Uh... yeah, kinda. Pls? :P
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:33 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Nuridia wrote:Oh damn, Low Isles. I put in Lailah's bio that she and Raph used to date and that they were still friends even though they don't date anymore. Since he's a PC now, want me to change it?

Uh... yeah, kinda. Pls? :P

Okay, cool.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:34 pm

Edited.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:37 pm

I'll get a pic later but here
-Final for the actual APP, edits in fire immunity to include light and his gear for clarification
The App

Name: Valtra

Mythos: Original...kinda sorta.

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear:
-Enhanced Physical Capabilities: Valtra's body is enhanced in the aspects of strength and durability significantly compared to a human, but more so is his agility and speed
-Fire manipulation: Valtra's authority over fire is to be marveled, as he can create, manipulate, and intensify flames, of his own or another's creation, on a whim. Valtra's fires may very well consume anything in his path, as his very domain is the destruction of creation by fire.
-Healing: Valtra has a limited ability to heal the wounds of others. His healing will often leave gruesome scars, but is not particularly painful, and can renew his beneficiary's reserves as well. He has the capability to revive small organisms that have recently passed as well.
-Fire/light Immunity: Valtra's body, and what he wields, cannot be harmed by fire or heat. This extends to holy flames. Also includes light in its simple form, and does not extend to light-based attacks such as laser beams and whatnot.
-Innate Destruction: Valtra is capable of causing structures, and some objects, to collapse simply by touching them. This does not extend to anything living or divine/hellish in any way.
-'God' of Pride, Chaos, the Fire, Destruction, Rebirth, and Renewal
Weather manipulation: Valtra can increase the temperature in his vicinity and bring forth the sun through clouds, rain, etc.
-Cold Vulnerability: Valtra's ability to manipulate fire/ weather can be severely inhibited by the cold, although not particularly by snow or ice in and of themselves.
-Gear: A golden, divine lance that can channel Valtra's flame-wielding abilities and produce light of varying intensities, capable of inducing temporary blindness, and a pair of chakram which can be thrown and return to him as well as being heated, by Valtra's will, without losing structural integrity.

Mythical Origin: -The illegitimate son of the Hindu god of fire and the sun, Agni, as well as Parvati, the consort of Shiva. He inherited Agni's anger and passion, as well as his domain over fire, life, and the sun, along with Parvati's destructive tendencies as well as, strangely, her benevolence.

Valtra is a very young god, having been born when Parvati eloped with Agni, but his power is nonetheless for it. He does, at times, tend to lose control of his powers or overextend his limits due to his youth.

Beyond this, Valtra's mere birth was nearly the cause of a war in the Hindu pantheon before it was agreed that he would be cast down to be raised by someone, anyone, outside the pantheon. He ended up on his own for a while, but his godhood meant that he was worshiped in India, and he lived, until his twenties, a life of luxary at the expense of wealthy families hoping to gain his favor.

Seeing that this could be an issue should he and his powers be discovered, Valtra was stolen away in his sleep by Agni, who blessed him with many gifts and gave him a place to reside in the heavens. Valtra was granted a golden lance, a grand weapon which he soon mastered, as well as a promise: One day, when he had mastered the sun and the fire, he would assume Agni's throne as the second greatest god of the pantheon, and possibly assume the mantle of the greatest in the heavens.

Personality: Valtra is at his core full of pride. He believes himself to be insurmountable, and will never bow to any man or god of his own will. He will destroy anything that dares to stand in his path in the fire, but will often spare those in need, and even provide them with strength.

Appearance: Vatra stands at a tall, but not absurd, 6'2", and is somewhat thin in his frame. Image

Favorite Subject: History

Dislikes: Autumn, disrespect

Theme Song: Rise Against: House on Fire
Last edited by Ranoria on Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:17 am

The App

Name: Illatsu, 'Lily' or 'Illa'

Mythos: Totally Custom

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear:
Powers:
Strength, Speed, Durability: In her human form, Illa has exceptional speed, but her sheer strength is absurd, allowing her to overpower most who would stand in her way, and her durability allows her to withstand a good deal of abuse

Flight: Illa does possess wings, but she can only fly short distances, with little agility in the air, and at a speed of about 40 mp/h at maximum

Authority: Illa can, to an extent, influence the minds of mortals to make them easier to deal with. Can extend to others as a means of pacification. Can allow any who wish to sleep to do just that by making them, well, sleepier.

Weather Manipulation: Illa can call upon snow any time that she so pleases, to the extent of creating a moderately heavy but not violent snowfall.

Tenfold: Illa's most unpredictable ability has the following effects
-Being harmed increases her strength and speed proportionally, although this is still limited by her own stamina and bodily integrity, often leaves her with a violet aura of sorts
-Being healed would allow Illa to return the favor, to a lesser degree, to the person who healed her to a lesser degree

Domains: Patience, forgiveness, strength, Christmas, retaliation

Gear: A simple steel cross she wears around her neck, fingerless gloves with quarters sewn into the knuckles, a shortsword, and a kukri knife.

Mythical Origin: Illa's birth is a mystery even to herself, but she does know when it happened. In 1914, on Christmas day, she opened her eyes to the sight of thousands of men walking amongst themselves, singing and smiling as the snow fell, singing the same song in different languages. She didn't know what was happening at first, but it was beautiful.

The next day, they were trying to kill each other. It didn't take her long to figure out that WWI was raging around her, and that that would be the most calm night of the entire war.

Illa's domains are very controversial. She is a 'goddess,' or some call her a spirit, of retaliation and strength, but at the same time forgiveness and patience. She wandered the world, watching World War I, and then feeling her heart warm as people healed their wounds of war, rebuilt bridges that had long since been burnt away...

Only to see them at each other's throats once more.

World War two changed her. She had thought that War had ended, but she'd been wrong. Illa saw many men laid to waste through the course of the War to end all War, and learned that, while forgiveness was a good thing, it could only last so long. Since the end of the war, she has wandered the world doing as she pleases.

Personality: Very much strong mentally, but Illa doesn't prefer to walk around ordering people around. Tries to be as nice as she can, but won't hesitate to say what's on her mind. Short fuse, but quick to forgive.

-tends to wear darker clothing

Favorite Subject: History

Dislikes: betrayal

Theme Song: Nothing More's Go to War
Last edited by Ranoria on Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:44 am

Anyways, I made my first IC post. Iriel is very confused with this thing you call a donut.
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:49 am

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Name: Raphael the Healer, Archangel of the Lord of Heaven, Wanderer of Earth for a Hundred Eras
Ooh, an absurdly nice angel. I might have a friend for you--no, don't run away...

...Well, that went well.
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Name: Morozko or Ded Moroz, called 'Ded' or 'Moroz' or 'Frost' or 'Frosty'
Frosty?

Oh no.

Nope. We are not doing this right now. Stop that. Don't you even--Hey, don't point that thing at me, it might go off--What do you MEAN, you're fine with that--NO, YOU CAN'T GLOMP THIS ONE, STAY IN YOUR CORNER--

help me
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Name: Xo, the Forgotten God, AKA the 'Chupacabra'
Hello hello, long time no see. *clasps hands together in the ecstasy that is having plaaaaaaaans*

Syrixces
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Syrixces » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:46 am

Ranoria wrote:
Syrixces wrote:Beep Boop It's me.

Absolutely love what Lumi's done with the place.

Rock on, HH, rock on.

*glomp*

All these year's later, and I still don't know what that means lol.

Charlia wrote:
Auphelia wrote:
*almost gets glomped on*

Hey, I'm walkin' here!
You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--
Syrixces wrote:Beep Boop It's me.

Absolutely love what Lumi's done with the place.

Rock on, HH, rock on.
Syrixces...

Hey, hey, hey.

ILY 2 Char

You got some really good shit going on here Lumi, I love it.

I'll pop by every once in a while but it makes me beyond happy to see HH alive and well. Have fun everyone!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:23 am

Syrixces wrote:
Ranoria wrote:*glomp*

All these year's later, and I still don't know what that means lol.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--Syrixces...

Hey, hey, hey.

ILY 2 Char

You got some really good shit going on here Lumi, I love it.

I'll pop by every once in a while but it makes me beyond happy to see HH alive and well. Have fun everyone!

Of course, I'm immune to the glomp now. You can try to shatter my spinal column, but unless you're able to shatter titanium rods, you're out of luck.

:twisted:

Eisen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:29 pm

Finally got around to technically finishing Red up, but I can't say it's my proudest work. I'm not really good at coming up with more fantasy type characters. If there's anything I should add, remove, or work on, let me know. I'm also very open to suggestions. And if anyone has a better idea for my characters appearance or whatever, do let me know, because I'll probably consider it.

Eisen wrote:The App

Name: Red

Mythos: Some post-apocalyptic cult. Think of the Immortan Joe type from Mad Max.

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: As the god of war, violence, and dominance, Red doesn't really have any awe inspiring powers, really, other than his immense physical power and durability, which, in his current setting, isn't all that useful.

Mythical Origin: It is said that there was once a boy, born of blood and war, who rose to become the fiercest, blood thirstiest, most irredeemably violent, cruel, and unstoppable force of nature within times of great chaos. As it was, Red was born during some great, unknown conflict, cut out from his mother's wound, and grew up to be a very intimidating person. His godhood was attained by the murder of various tyrant's and other formidable foes that seemingly no mortal man could withstand. As such, the people of the wastelands began to see him as a god among men.

Personality: Red, in general, is actually a fairly nice, easy-going fellow. He likes to be helpful and cares about his friends. However, he can be a bit physical with people, to the point that he might seem a bit needy. His true nature tends to come out when he gets competitive, as he can be very much ruthless and aggressive. He loves an excuse to fight, and will take any opportunity he gets to do so. Luckily, his pent up aggression is usually taken out during sports.

Appearance: (If I can can find a good image, I'll use it later, but I suppose a description will do for now, sort of as a placeholder. The description provided may not even be the end result.) Red is a very, very large fellow, standing at barely just 6'10"/2.09 meters, and weighing at 368 lbs/ 167 kg, with a very muscular physique (though he has a bit of a belly) and broad shoulders. This, plus a bit of beard (a rather short one), makes him look like more of an adult, though his youthful, somewhat chubby face, helps confirm that he is rather young. His hair is naturally light blonde, but is dyed a vibrant red colour (including his beard), with the sides of his head shaved. He generally wears worn out military fatigues and old tank tops, many of his pants having torn knees and duct-taped-over holes. He generally likes to wear black, but is perfectly fine wearing other colours, generally ones that are dark and earthy. Just like a normal person, however, exactly what he wears depends on multiple variants, mostly weather and temperature.

Favorite Subject: Physical education, weight training, sports

Dislikes: People who act all high and mighty, snobs, cowardice, cabbage

Theme Song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkW-K5RQdzo

Arventum
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:05 pm

Are Hekate or Nyx taken?
Firstly: Don't use me as a weapon. Secondly: Be careful, or I'll give ya a hug. Also, I'm, like, really bored. If you have an RP you might think I'd be even remotely interested in, please send me a PM so I can write posts instead of stalking threads! It'd be much appreciated.

Arventum
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:14 pm

Oh, someone seems to have corrupted Hekate beyond recognition, and turned her into a weird Wiccan teenager...

How unfortunate, and quite offensive to, you know, actual Wiccans and other witches who aren't into being portrayed stereotypically.
Firstly: Don't use me as a weapon. Secondly: Be careful, or I'll give ya a hug. Also, I'm, like, really bored. If you have an RP you might think I'd be even remotely interested in, please send me a PM so I can write posts instead of stalking threads! It'd be much appreciated.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:21 pm

Arventum wrote:Oh, someone seems to have corrupted Hekate beyond recognition, and turned her into a weird Wiccan teenager...

How unfortunate, and quite offensive to, you know, actual Wiccans and other witches who aren't into being portrayed stereotypically.

1.) Are you an actual Wiccan?

2.) Being a “weird Wiccan teenager” is offense to actual Wiccan teenagers? :eyebrow:

3.) How is Hecate being portrayed stereotypically?

4.) Instead of being passive-aggressive, why don’t you discuss with Tori what bugs you about the character? That way we can have a healthy resolution.
-Alan Jackson

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:22 pm

TBH portraying them stereotypically was kind of the schtick I was going for.

That said....I wouldn't mind maybe playing it differently. Maybe as a different Hecate, or a "I'm not that person.", sort of deal.

Like twins, but not twins! I dunno. I just apped her for the lulz. It was either her or maybe something Voodoo and more realistic.

EDIT: OH! Actually, this does get me thinking, if someone does want to do justice for that sort of stuff, I wouldn't mind it, and instead play more on the angle of the modern/pop-culture normie interpretation of the whole magick and witches thing. I like contrasts and themes anyways. That, and it actually has been a while since I was involved in Wiccan stuff in any big way, so my idea of it all is messy anyways.
Last edited by Rostavykhan on Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:24 pm

Arventum wrote:Oh, someone seems to have corrupted Hekate beyond recognition, and turned her into a weird Wiccan teenager...

This guy

Other than that, I can't comment, since I don't really know anything about Wicca. *shrugs*

United Per And Montands
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United Per And Montands » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:24 pm

The App
Name: Athis Venemum

Mythos: Achlys/Nosoi

Powers: Athis is the children of a demi-god of Achyls and another demi-god of Nosoi, and as such she has inherited a small amount of their ability. If she has the materials to make a poison, chemical, toxin, or lab-grown disease she can combine without the need for lab equipment. Further inheritance has given her near immunity to such biological weapons.
Abilities: Athis is very talented in chemistry and Epidemiology
Domains: Poison and disease
Gear: Basic poison ingredients, anything she could find at a local store. Bleach, paint thinner, pneumonia. Military-grade gas mask
Mythical Origin: Being the child of two different demi-gods, so she is a quarter-blood. She doesn’t have the full power of either of her parents, but still has an extreme interest in furthering her research into chemistry and epidemiology with a strong focus towards figuring out what dangers her concoctions produce. She was expelled from her last school, after creating a dangerous poison in the classroom which sent many students to the hospital.

Personality: Her outward appearance is cold and unamused, but those who get to know her say she’s a pretty nice person outside of her fixation on her hobbies. Most of her time in class is researching her interests. Has also been known to lose track of where she is after being brought back to reality.
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ce/d6/26 ... 43afe3.jpg
Favorite Subject: Chemistry and Epidemiology

Likes: Testing her work, willing “research assists,” exotic toxins, people who are too stupid to realize what they are drinking

Dislikes: Morning people, people who interrupt her work constantly

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9_7OmdEgsw

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:25 pm

Ran and Eisen, your Apps are accepted! : D
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:28 pm

United Per And Montands wrote:The App
Name: Athis Venemum

Mythos: Achlys/Nosoi

Powers: Athis is the children of a demi-god of Achyls and another demi-god of Nosoi, and as such she has inherited a small amount of their ability. If she has the materials to make a poison, chemical, toxin, or lab-grown disease she can combine without the need for lab equipment. Further inheritance has given her near immunity to such biological weapons.
Abilities: Athis is very talented in chemistry and Epidemiology
Domains: Poison and disease
Gear: Basic poison ingredients, anything she could find at a local store. Bleach, paint thinner, pneumonia. Military-grade gas mask
Mythical Origin: Being the child of two different demi-gods, so she is a quarter-blood. She doesn’t have the full power of either of her parents, but still has an extreme interest in furthering her research into chemistry and epidemiology with a strong focus towards figuring out what dangers her concoctions produce. She was expelled from her last school, after creating a dangerous poison in the classroom which sent many students to the hospital.

Personality: Her outward appearance is cold and unamused, but those who get to know her say she’s a pretty nice person outside of her fixation on her hobbies. Most of her time in class is researching her interests. Has also been known to lose track of where she is after being brought back to reality.
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ce/d6/26 ... 43afe3.jpg
Favorite Subject: Chemistry and Epidemiology

Likes: Testing her work, willing “research assists,” exotic toxins, people who are too stupid to realize what they are drinking

Dislikes: Morning people, people who interrupt her work constantly

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9_7OmdEgsw

Soooo kinda like Poison Ivy! Awesome! Welcome to Holy High!
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse