NATION

PASSWORD

Holy High: For Once, Then, Something [OOC - Open!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

When Do We Want To Move to Arc 1?

Tuesday
15%
Wednesday
No votes
Thursday
23%
Friday
31%
Saturday
31%

Total votes : 13

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Syrixces wrote:Beep Boop It's me.

Absolutely love what Lumi's done with the place.

Rock on, HH, rock on.

*glomp*
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:59 pm

Ranoria wrote:*glomp*

*almost gets glomped on*

Hey, I'm walkin' here!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:09 pm

I'll get a pic later but here

The App

Name: Valtra

Mythos: Original...kinda sorta.

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear:
-Enhanced Physical Capabilities: Valtra's body is enhanced in the aspects of strength and durability significantly compared to a human, but more so is his agility and speed
-Fire manipulation: Valtra's authority over fire is to be marveled, as he can create, manipulate, and intensify flames, of his own or another's creation, on a whim. Valtra's fires may very well consume anything in his path, as his very domain is the destruction of creation by fire.
-Healing: Valtra has a limited ability to heal the wounds of others. His healing will often leave gruesome scars, but is not particularly painful, and can renew his beneficiary's reserves as well. He has the capability to revive small organisms that have recently passed as well.
-Fire Immunity: Valtra's body, and what he wields, cannot be harmed by fire or heat. This extends to holy flames.
-Innate Destruction: Valtra is capable of causing structures, and some objects, to collapse simply by touching them. This does not extend to anything living or divine/hellish in any way.
-'God' of Pride, Chaos, the Fire, Destruction, Rebirth, and Renewal
Weather manipulation: Valtra can increase the temperature in his vicinity and bring forth the sun through clouds, rain, etc.
-Cold Vulnerability: Valtra's ability to manipulate fire/ weather can be severely inhibited by the cold, although not particularly by snow or ice in and of themselves.

Mythical Origin: -The illegitimate son of the Hindu god of fire and the sun, Agni, as well as Parvati, the consort of Shiva. He inherited Agni's anger and passion, as well as his domain over fire, life, and the sun, along with Parvati's destructive tendencies as well as, strangely, her benevolence.

Valtra is a very young god, having been born when Parvati eloped with Agni, but his power is nonetheless for it. He does, at times, tend to lose control of his powers or overextend his limits due to his youth.

Beyond this, Valtra's mere birth was nearly the cause of a war in the Hindu pantheon before it was agreed that he would be cast down to be raised by someone, anyone, outside the pantheon. He ended up on his own for a while, but his godhood meant that he was worshiped in India, and he lived, until his twenties, a life of luxary at the expense of wealthy families hoping to gain his favor.

Seeing that this could be an issue should he and his powers be discovered, Valtra was stolen away in his sleep by Agni, who blessed him with many gifts and gave him a place to reside in the heavens. Valtra was granted a golden lance, a grand weapon which he soon mastered, as well as a promise: One day, when he had mastered the sun and the fire, he would assume Agni's throne as the second greatest god of the pantheon, and possibly assume the mantle of the greatest in the heavens.

Personality: Valtra is at his core full of pride. He believes himself to be insurmountable, and will never bow to any man or god of his own will. He will destroy anything that dares to stand in his path in the fire, but will often spare those in need, and even provide them with strength.

Appearance: Vatra stands at a tall, but not absurd, 6'2", and is somewhat thin in his frame. He is clearly muscular, but not bulky by any stretch. His flesh and eyes are dark along with his hair. Vatra's most distinguishing trait would be the length of his hair, extending just below the base of his neck.

Favorite Subject: History

Dislikes: Autumn, disrespect

Theme Song: Rise Against: House on Fire
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:18 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Ranoria wrote:*glomp*

*almost gets glomped on*

Hey, I'm walkin' here!
You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Rock on, HH, rock on.
Syrixces...

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:30 pm

Ran, your App is fantastic! Get the pic up, otherwise it is Accepted!

Welcome back my dude!

Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:33 pm

For reference, I edited Charlotte's app.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:34 pm

Charlia wrote:EDIT: Actually, never mind. I'm going to just make her a regular angel instead. It fits better.

EDIT THE SECOND: Theeeeeeere we go. Now, we're all ready for inspection.

Much better! Accepted! Welcome back!

Btw I have to say, I honestly like Charlotte’s new pic. How’d you find it?

Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:36 pm

Rock on, HH, rock on.

HAI SY. :hug:
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:EDIT: Actually, never mind. I'm going to just make her a regular angel instead. It fits better.

EDIT THE SECOND: Theeeeeeere we go. Now, we're all ready for inspection.

Much better! Accepted! Welcome back!

It's genderswapped Ushiromiya Battler. XD

I can't see Imgur...

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:40 pm

I'm scared. My brain has died and now it has been replaced with another brain that has no ides in it.

Please help.

Pie is always appreciated in these trying times.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:43 pm

Also, we should consider what the other angels would remember of Charlotte, and what happened...
Auphelia wrote:I'm scared. My brain has died and now it has been replaced with another brain that has no ides in it.

Please help.

Pie is always appreciated in these trying times.
Find a fun picture, and build something around it... that's what I like to do.

*throws pie at*

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:12 pm

The App

Name: Hermes

Mythos: Greek

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear:
Powers:
Supernatural Speed
Enhanced: Reflexes, Agility, Endurance, Stamina, Durability, Intelligence, Thievery
Accelerated Metabolism
Acceleration Resistance
Flight (with winged shoes)

Domains:
Trade, Travel, Thievery, Luck, Invention, Messengers, etc.

Gear:
Winged shoes, Caduceus staff

Age: Appears 17, never says his real age but says that he's younger than you think.

Mythical Origin: Born the son of Zeus and Maia, Hermes immediate started causing trouble right after he was born by stealing cows from Apollo and then talking his way out of it. When he was brought to Zeus, his talents were immediately recognized and he became messenger of the gods and humans, farrier of souls to the afterlife, and patron of a lot of other things.

Personality: Cunning, clever, decisive, and sometimes mischievous. Hermes is always looking to have fun and enjoy the moment, although sometimes at the expense of others. Still, he is extremely loyal and is known to get things done when asked.

Appearance:

Favorite Subject: Literature or Music

Likes: Running, coffee, music, inventing things, interacting and observing people

Dislikes: Brute force, being outsmarted, being overworked (which takes a lot)

Theme Song: Don't Stop Me Now/ Caffeine
Last edited by Bycrest on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:55 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Much better! Accepted! Welcome back!

It's genderswapped Ushiromiya Battler. XD

I can't see Imgur...

BATTLER!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Alan Jackson

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:55 pm

Not finished yet...still working on bio.

The App

Name: Lailah (friends call her Nightingale)

Mythos: Judeo-Christian (sorta)

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Archangel of Spirits, the Night and of Conception. She sets into motion the activities of the night and brings the cloak of darkness down when the day is over, setting the stars on their courses. As the angel of conception, Lailah chooses a soul from the Garden of Eden and commands it to enter the embryo. Lailah watches over the development in the womb and shows the rewards and punishments available to the individual, the history of its soul as well as supernatural knowledge . Then right before birth, Lailah strikes the newborn above the lip, making it forget what was learned and creating that dent that you have in the middle of your upper lip. Lailah serves as a guardian angel throughout a person's life and at death, leads the soul into the afterlife (she serves as assistant to Azrael in this regard)

Powers:
Darkness Manipulation/Creation
Light Manipulation/Creation
Limited power of space/time (such as teleportation and creating interdimensional portals)
She can see into a person's soul by touching them, and can communicate with the spirits of the unborn.
By seeing into a person's soul, she can also see their (possible) future.
Fertility

Mythical Origin: Lailah was created in Heaven like almost all angels were, born from the first stirrings of night. She was apprenticed under the angel Azrael, Archangel of Death and became his assistant. The two are very close, if a bit mismatched because of their opposite domains. She's pretty close to all the Archangels, she and Uriel used to date (they're still good friends even though they broke up)

Personality: Lailah is a bit of a wild child, she's outgoing and extroverted and a bit of a flirt. Sh

Appearance: Lailah has the appearance of a beautiful young woman with dark skin and white hair that's usually styled in a variety of twists and braids (a long Afro if left unstyled). Her eyes are dark and almond shaped, and she's often wearing blue lipstick on her lips. She usually dresses in a color scheme of white, blue and black and she's always wearing at least one leather item. Her wings are a deep gray, like storm clouds before the rain.

Favorite Subject: Biology

Dislikes:

Theme Song:
Last edited by Nuridia on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Frisct the II
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:05 pm

The App

Name: Frisct

Mythos: The Obsidian Pantheon

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Frisct is the god of Chaos, Weaponry, and the Abyss
Void of Chaos - Frisct controls chaos energy that attempts to disintegrate whatever it touches. The speed of disintegration varies by how concentrated the energy is in the form that Frisct gives it with more concentrated amounts taking slightly longer to fully manifest if the area of manifestation is large

Divine Smithing - Frisct has indulged in the art of metalworking and forging for many many years since he arrived at Earth, and as such can craft divine weaponry with his skill, though some would rather call it cursed.

Chaos Drive - Frisct's battle form. His chaos energy becomes stronger, and he can release more of it at once. It courses through his being and acts like a buff to all of his stats.

Abyssal Sheathe - Frisct has sealed the energy of the Abyss inside of him. He never could learn how to control it without putting everyone around him in danger. Despite his efforts though, it still manages to sometimes manifest when he experiences a strong emotional stimulus. Abyssal Energy exists for the sole purpose if eradicating anything it touches except for its user.

Abyssal Constitution - Frisct, being born in the extremely corrosive and poisonous atmosphere of the Abyss, is entirely immune to corrosion and poisons (except for you know, the bosses that are supposed to poison and corrode. Just take it to home being highly resistant in that case for balances sake.)

Blades of Chaos and Abyss - There exists a mark on the palms of Frisct's hands that allow him to draw out two different blades, the Blade of Chaos and the Blade of the Abyss. The Blade of Chaos acts as a conductor for his Chaos Energy, and is made of an unknown substance that is nigh indestructible. Because of its hardness, it is not very sharp, so Frisct utilizes Chaos energy to fashion a highly concentrated cutting edge. Without the energy it would almost be just a rod of metal. Unlike the Blade of Chaos's mark, the Blade of the Abyss's mark goes all the way up to his left shoulder and slightly onto his chest. This sword is much more powerful than the Blade of Chaos because it acts as the seal to his Abyssal powers. Frisct cannot use this weapon for extended periods of time because the seal weakens with the use of its power. If the sword should break, the seal would be undone, causing all of Frisct's Abyssal powers to flow freely again.

Mythical Origin: Frisct was created in the Abyss. He inherited two powers, Abyssal and Chaotic energy. The Chaos could be controlled, and that is what he did. The Abyss was a different story though. He could never learn to control it. In the years he spent by himself he managed to seal that energy at a cost unknown to him.

Some time after he managed to seal the Abyss inside of himself, Frisct decided to sift through all of the chaos he could see in the universe and at the heart of it he found Earth. The humans that existed on the surface of it provided an ample amount of chaos, which piqued his interest.

In the time before he managed to find Holy High, Frisct picked up smithing from a blacksmith in Japan in his time on Earth. He spent several lifetimes forging blades and armor for those that desired them. Eventually he realized that mortals could no longer handle the quality of weapon that he was crafting. Seeing no more viable options in that particular area, Frisct decided to search for other gods. After all, he couldn't be the only one around. That's when he stumbled upon Holy High

Personality: Frisct has a little bit of everything in respect to his personality. He is quite erratic and can have random explosive outbursts of emotion without any prior context. It wouldnt be very far fetched to say he has a multiple personality disorder due to the drastic shifts in his mood.

Appearance:

Favorite Subject: Science

Likes: Frisct likes almost anything and everything food related. That's just because of his appetite though. He loves spending time forging equipment and armaments. It's one of the only things that can keep him calm for extended periods of time.

Dislikes: There are some odd things to mention that Frisct dislikes, one of them being wet bread. Like wet bread, there are many things that he dislikes but has not idea why he dislikes them. What he favors almost depends entirely on his mood.

Theme Song: Mansion by NF
Last edited by Frisct the II on Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:41 pm

Hermes is accepted! Welcome back Bycrest!

Lailah looks amazing! I’ve never heard of this angel, sounds fun! Keep going!

Turning anything into nothingness seems to be a bit...much. Could you scale it down a little Frisct? Thank you!
Last edited by Luminesa on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:46 pm

Luminesa wrote:Hermes is accepted! Welcome back Bycrest!

Lailah looks amazing! I’ve never heard of this angel, sounds fun! Keep going!

Turning anything into nothingness seems to be a bit...much. Could you scale it down a little Frisct? Thank you!

Apparently they're the only angel with explicit feminine characteristics and they're the angel of the night and conception.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:06 pm

The App

Name: Hecate/Trivia

Mythos: Witchcraft, Wicca, Olympianism, Modern Occultism

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Hecate's domain is witchcraft and the night; she holds sway over magick and spirits, and powers related to the moon. While weakened during the daytime, Hekate's power is great when the moon is overhead, and her abilities much more effective and varied.

Her powers themselves come in a variety of forms, including illusion magic, levitation and flying, and in harnessing lunar light as an offensive or supportive aid, blasting bolts of moonbeams, or conjuring bridges and helpful lights to guide ones' way. Her lunar abilities overall include conjuring lights and wards, healing, amplifying elemental magics, and destructive magic in the form of beams or bolts. During the Waxing phases of the lunar cycle, Hecate's supportive magics and healing spells are stronger, while during the waning phases, her destructive abilities are more prominent. While Hecate is well-rounded in her abilities, they are not the strongest when compared to others, with the exception of maybe her healing and supportive spells.

She has an affinity for plants and wildlife, pacifying and befriending some otherwise dangerous species (particularly wolves and dogs), and being adept at alchemy to create poisons and potions. If not using her lunar magick or potions, Hecate is learned in conducting rituals and rites to bless - or curse - other people. Other abilities not related to her magick include her strong emphatic senses, being able to piece together stories and mysteries and "read" others to a small degree, and her cooking skills - benefits of being a trained alchemist. She's able to memorize many details and events of many things, and can often spout trivial or otherwise overlooked facts and observations when needed.

Her "gear" is quite simple for the most part. She enjoys donning the stereotypical robes and hat of a witch, concealing herself and blending into the night. She wears some pouches and packs on her, carrying various alchemical ingredients and important personal effects, including food and a small knife, if she requires such provisions.

Mythical Origin: According to many accounts, Hecate (or Hekate), known as Trivia to the Romans, was one of the oldest Goddesses of Greece, patron of witchcraft and a gatekeeper who protected mortals from the spirits and other dangers. While overall a minor deity, she was worshipped in several city-states, and was immortalized in several popular legends. After the fall of Rome and the spread of Christianity across Europe, she was associated with Witches, referenced in a number of plays and tragedies, but was mostly forgotten or shunned, falling into obscurity. It wasn't until the rise of "pagan" revivals and controversial "occult" movements in the 19th and 20th century that Hecate gained more popularity, and was associated with the Wiccan faith, and modern Witchcraft.

Personality: Hecate is an introverted and somewhat lethargic person, who is usually at the peak of her activity during the night. As a night owl, she is a slightly eccentric person, somewhat manic and more open in her odd mannerism and habits due to not regularly interacting with large groups. When she does go out of her way to be in a group, it's usually with others like herself, or the odd acquaintances who have managed in some way to catch her interest.

Hecate's general attitude seems to sway from indifferent and antisocial, to whiny and snarky, to relaxed and welcoming, with no real rhyme or reason to it. While she can be antagonistic or apathetic, however, she isn't outright malicious to others, and her less-than-friendly phases can be summed up to her being a loner, or being often fatigued during daylight hours. As crabby as she can be, Hecate generally has a gentle heart, and is still capable of helping others who ask her, or tending to those in need when she sees them.

Appearance: Hecate is a seemingly normal girl of European descent, reminiscent of a citizen of the British Isles or Northern Europe. She has a soft, feminine appearance, but isn't strikingly attractive or ugly, with messy red hair and pale skin.ref1 She often dresses plainly, or plainly for her, in old-fashioned house robes or more professional outfits worn in older universities, resembling robes or cloaks. When on an outing, she prefers darker, plain witches robes.

Favorite Subject: Literature, Study Hall

Likes: Hecate has a soft spot for animals, especially dogs, certain breeds of cats, and some birds, such as crows or ravens; She enjoys interacting with and caring for them, and tends to be more energetic and happy when playing with them. When not around animals, Hecate relaxes by gardening and cultivating plants, though she prefers vegetable and alchemical gardens to flower gardens, growing potatoes and carrots to cook, or ivies and roots to grind into poisons and medicines for everyday use.

Not being totally unaware of the modern world and the interests of mortals, Hecate is a fan of the arts, enjoying modern music and literature. Literature, including young adult and fantasy books, are her favorites, while folk music (among other genres) is her tune of choice. Internet browsing and gaming, both electronic and board games, are favorite passtimes, mostly because they require little physical input and allow her to stick to herself.

Nights are her favorite, being when she is most active. Hecate is at her best in the dark, and most active past midnight, where she does most of her studying and business.

Dislikes: Hecate generally dislikes sterile or stuffy areas, enjoying the outdoors or home more, or her favorite bookstores and coffee shops. She also dislikes sports, athletics in general, or anything requiring a great deal of physical stress or loud noises beyond what she may do in the woods or at home. Parties, rallies, and rush hour are her nightmares. The day time is to her what an all-nighter is to most normal people, as it is during the day when Hecate is at her weakest, and often overcome with fatigue or feeling crabby.

Though not brought up often, Hecate has a poor opinion of Abrahamic religions, particularly Judaism & Christianity, and its representatives and deities. She is critical of their actions and rhetoric, and doesn't trust them a great deal at all. To a lesser degree, Hecate is even wary of her more established and traditional peers, who she tries to emulate with mixed results.

Theme Song: Moonsong

New/redone Hecate. Sort of felt like doing it instead of just carrying over the old one. Maybe They could be separate characters down the line? Or something. That would take some nifty justification. Anyways, was going for "that one Wiccan kid" thing, I dunno.

Also, went with a reference image of Lotte because, well, have you tried looking for a decent image or piece of media related to a traditional witch in an anime or comic style, that isn't an older woman? Shit's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Google is not my friend, nor are any other sites I know to look. I digress, anyways.

Oh! Oh shit! Also, I can edit, remove, add to, or do whatever you need with this. It's more of a rough app IMO anyways, but if it works, I works. I was wanting to just have something finished and put out by tonight, since I'm impatient and whatnot. I think I could maybe specify and rework her abilities if need be, remove or go into detail with bits and pieces if you think something might need it. I think something might be a bit off with her, so if I have to tone down or rework abilities, I'll take supportive powers over offensive.

I tend to overthink and then do too much sometimes, when it comes to apps. At least I have something to work with now. Anyways, I'll wait for your reply. Gotta clean up and do other RL stuff in the meantime.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:51 am

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:It's genderswapped Ushiromiya Battler. XD

I can't see Imgur...

BATTLER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Battler. *nods*
Nuridia wrote:Not finished yet...still working on bio.

The App

Name: Lailah (friends call her Nightingale)

Mythos: Judeo-Christian (sorta)

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Archangel of Spirits, the Night and of Conception. She sets into motion the activities of the night and brings the cloak of darkness down when the day is over, setting the stars on their courses. As the angel of conception, Lailah chooses a soul from the Garden of Eden and commands it to enter the embryo. Lailah watches over the development in the womb and shows the rewards and punishments available to the individual, the history of its soul as well as supernatural knowledge . Then right before birth, Lailah strikes the newborn above the lip, making it forget what was learned and creating that dent that you have in the middle of your upper lip. Lailah serves as a guardian angel throughout a person's life and at death, leads the soul into the afterlife (she serves as assistant to Azrael in this regard)

Powers:
Darkness Manipulation/Creation
Light Manipulation/Creation
Limited power of space/time (such as teleportation and creating interdimensional portals)
She can see into a person's soul by touching them, and can communicate with the spirits of the unborn.
By seeing into a person's soul, she can also see their (possible) future.
Fertility

Mythical Origin: Lailah was created in Heaven like almost all angels were, born from the first stirrings of night. She was apprenticed under the angel Azrael, Archangel of Death and became his assistant. The two are very close, if a bit mismatched because of their opposite domains. She's pretty close to all the Archangels, she and Raphael used to date (they're still good friends even though they broke up)

Personality: Lailah is a bit of a wild child, she's outgoing and extroverted and a bit of a flirt. Sh

Appearance: Lailah has the appearance of a beautiful young woman with dark skin and white hair that's usually styled in a variety of twists and braids (a long Afro if left unstyled). Her eyes are dark and almond shaped, and she's often wearing blue lipstick on her lips. She usually dresses in a color scheme of white, blue and black and she's always wearing at least one leather item. Her wings are a deep gray, like storm clouds before the rain.

Favorite Subject: Biology

Dislikes:

Theme Song:
We have a four-year-old here so that might be interesting. XD Especially considering her origins.

Just like 'hey, I remember you--oh gosh.'

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:06 am

Well, I'm tagging this.
Maybe I'll manage to get some proper interaction in, this time.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:06 am

I have this urge to make a rakshasi character...

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:15 am

Charlia wrote:I have this urge to make a rakshasi character...

I now understand the quotes in your signature.

SC #307

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:25 am

Auphelia wrote:
Charlia wrote:I have this urge to make a rakshasi character...

I now understand the quotes in your signature.
:blush: Some of the highest compliments I have received in my time on this site.

But, I mean, come on. A cannibalistic demon creature would be awfully entertaining to play, don't you think?

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:27 am

Charlia wrote:But, I mean, come on. A cannibalistic demon creature would be awfully entertaining to play, don't you think?

I suppose. But they are terribly frightening, no? I was terrified of them when I was but a small child, and to this day I still cannot help but shudder when they are mentioned.

SC #307

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:32 am

Auphelia wrote:
Charlia wrote:But, I mean, come on. A cannibalistic demon creature would be awfully entertaining to play, don't you think?

I suppose. But they are terribly frightening, no? I was terrified of them when I was but a small child, and to this day I still cannot help but shudder when they are mentioned.
Oh, dear. I don't want to contribute to any trauma. Maybe not a rakshasi, then.

There's also the option of Whaitiri, a Maori thunder goddess who just sort of eats people as a hobby. *tilts head* Or aswangs. Or a lamia, perhaps, though those tend to get portrayed as 'seduce first, eat afterwards' and seductive characters just are not my area.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse