NATION

PASSWORD

Holy High: For Once, Then, Something [OOC - Open!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

When Do We Want To Move to Arc 1?

Tuesday
15%
Wednesday
No votes
Thursday
23%
Friday
31%
Saturday
31%

Total votes : 13

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Holy High: For Once, Then, Something [OOC - Open!]

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Welcome to Holy High!

“Others taunt me with having knelt at well-curbs
Always wrong to the light, so never seeing
Deeper down in the well than where the water
Gives me back in a shining surface picture
Me myself in the summer heaven godlike
Looking out of a wreath of fern and cloud puffs.
Once, when trying with chin against a well-curb,
I discerned, as I thought, beyond the picture,
Through the picture, a something white, uncertain,
Something more of the depths—and then I lost it.
Water came to rebuke the too clear water.
One drop fell from a fern, and lo, a ripple
Shook whatever it was lay there at bottom,
Blurred it, blotted it out. What was that whiteness?
Truth? A pebble of quartz? For once, then, something.”
- Robert Frost, For Once, Then, Something

Holy High. A place hidden from the view of mortals. A beautiful, huge, and proud school, hidden in the heights of...

New Jersey?!

Yes. New Jersey. As MC Hammer says, “Ring the bells, school’s back in!”

So the story continues. The many stories of Holy High began with a ball at the end of summer, with laughter and confusion and friendship and memories. Then they ended with a clash in Heaven between heavenly forces and the forces of evil. Pain. Confusion. Loss. Death. Yes, both heavenly and hellish forces died in this battle. In fact, the entire world seems to have begun again.

Yet all of these stories, all of these possibilities, all of these events-all are now a blur.

And as our students enter Holy High for yet another year of classes, the stories which preceded them are nothing but faint slips of memories which, like smoke, disappear the moment they are noticed. Yet the universe remains large and endless and continually forming above, moving in mysterious ways. Why? These young gods, goddesses, Angels, Mages, and other Magical creatures are going to slowly find-out.

Classes have only just begun, and all godly creatures are allowed to attend. Of course, not every creature that enters within the esteemed halls of this school is godly...and chaos is sure to follow these students, even as they hardly remember where this chaos once began.

So come to Holy High, our school above the Earth and yet a part of the earth. A fantastical journey awaits...and passing is soon to be the least of these students’ worries...

Welcome to the new Holy High OOC! To RPers who have been here before, welcome back! To those who are joining for the first time, glad to have you aboard! I am the new OP, Luminesa! You may also call me Lumi, LumLum, etc. Before we get started, let’s lay down the rules, which our old OP (Syrixces, a super-cool dude) used but which I shall now enforce (along with my co-OP, who shall be named soon):

1.) Make sure your posts are at least one paragraph! 5 sentences minimum. You're not required to write a report, no, but we need something to work with to keep this machine rolling!
2.) I myself have 4 characters, so I won't enforce character limits because that would be hypocritical. (Unless we reach a specific limit or a new RPer is trying to add characters.)
3.) If you're going to be off NS for more than 3 days for any reason, TG me and let me know (or contact me on Discord, once I make the link.) I myself have been busy with college classes, so I will try to be available for updates and to post as much as possible.
4.) Try to avoid drama, if you have complaints about how I run the RP please come directly to me. I'll try to handle your complaints as fairly and efficiently as possible.
5.) DO NOT POST IN THE IC IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN APP ACCEPTED YET.
6.) Trolling, flaming, spamming, or any other bad behavior will not be tolerated. 3 strikes and you're out. Your posts will not be read, and anything you post in IC after this point will be ignored collectively by the other members of the RP.
(Really, please don't make me do that. I'm a nice person, and I want to make this as fun as possible for everyone.)
7.) If you want to be the Cardinal God of a religion (God and Zeus are NPCs), you will have to ask for my permission. For example, if you want to be Tsukiyomi/Amaterasu, Odin, etc. you’ll have to ask. And give a good reason. Not just, “But they’re cool!” They could also serve as important opponents later for the characters, which is why I have them set aside. However, feel free to play any gods from any mythos under them.

Also, here is our App, as was written by Syrixces! (Yes, I am borrowing a lot from him.):

Code: Select all
The App

Name:

Mythos:

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear:

Mythical Origin:

Personality:

Appearance:  Pics or descriptions are fine.  Any forms necessary are fine too.  Just nothing too edge, please.

Favorite Subject:

Dislikes:

Theme Song:

Have fun all! WE'RE GONNA MAKE HOLY HIGH GREAT AGAIN.
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:12 am, edited 13 times in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:19 pm

OP's Characters Below:
Name: Xavier

Mythos: Christianity

Powers and Domain: Angel who controls fire and light with his special staff, the Throne
Staff (he's a Throne, a rank of angel.) He's from Heaven, naturally, being an angel. While he's in human form, if he turns the notches on his staff to Level 8 (max level), he turns into his full-angel form...which is a huge burning red wheel with lots of eyes and wings. Also has healing powers, flight (duh), and super-strength.

Age (Teenage Years): 19

Origin: Created by God at the beginning of time, he was involved in the War in Heaven and
nearly turned against God, until the angel Raphael talked him out of it, and helped him to
fight for the right side. Has lived in the Japanese countryside for a long time, and is the guardian angel to a Japanese boy, Ichiru. Xavier has three younger siblings-Melita, Aurora, and Ivy, though Ivy turned on God and became a demon. However, this was all in an alternate dimension, not quite one related to his current story.

Xavier now lives at Holy High, in order to protect the other students there. In the meantime, he acts as a representative of God's will, and is one of the main generals of His army. He takes his work seriously, though he of course has no problem also being the most light-hearted member of a group. Since the world was reset, he has once again started over as a student. Most of his memories have been erased, but every now and then he has odd dreams about what might be his past...

RP Personality: Reverent of sacred things, and also cheerful, talkative, and rather easygoing. A very likeable character who treats younger students like little siblings. Just don't make him angry by hurting someone he loves...He has a blazing (pun intended) temper. He tends to take a leadership role in many situations, and one of his faults is that he is often concerned as to whether or not he does a good job of protecting his classmates.

Appearance:

Favorite Class: History, Music

Least Favorite Class: Doesn't really hate any classes.

Favorite sport: Will play any sport if you invite him.

Likes: His family, his fellow Angels (siblings and Raphael, his best friend), humans, food (especially ramen), the color pink, joking around, fireflies, and starry nights, and music-playing piano, specifically.

Dislikes: Demons, people trying to hurt his family or friends, watching people suffer, people insulting God/Jesus, annoying pop music.

Theme Song: "War of Change" by Thousand Foot Krutch

God's Name: Patriah Fanuta (First name means "Desert Wind" in Altarian)

Mythos: Altarian

Powers and Domain: The Mage of Wind, he is a magically-infused humanoid who controls and keeps the balance of wind and wind currents. Using his blade, the Dragonwing Blade, he can summon huge storms, if he chooses. Also, being a Mage, he has enhanced healing abilities, flight, super-speed, enhanced reflexes, and he is an empath-he can read emotions of others.

Origin: Originally from the village of Gina, he moved to Mica in order to go to school there. There, he became close to Hamiri Yu, a fellow student, despite him knowing his identity as a Mage would eventually lead to him possibly making the ultimate sacrifice to protect the balance of the world. However, in order to do so, he left the village with Hamiri, and they made a contract-he was the Mage, and she would be his servant, following his commands and working with him to hone her powers. Unfortunately, war and Patriah's own complex inner demons separated the two, though they were eventually united in the previous timeline.

Their exploits in the Great Altarian War are unknown, but it is thought that they were both successful in bringing peace to their world. However, now that the universe has been reset, things are rather different at home for both characters. Furthermore, Patriah has now begun to discover different abilities of his, leading him to wonder if perhaps his own nature is beginning to change...

RP Personality: Generally a sourpuss, cynical, and easily irritated. He has a very hard time forming relationships with others, and has a tendency to push away anyone who tries to befriend him. However, this stems from his knowledge of his true identity as a Mage, under his human form, and of his knowledge of his duties. Beneath his thick armor, Patriah is secretly quiet and compassionate, but won't admit it. If angered, he can say awful things to people, and has no problem throwing around death threats.

Appearance:
human:Image
mage:Image
dragon:Image
Favorite Class: Lunch, Gym

Least Favorite Class: Math, English, History

Favorite Sport: Probably kendo.

Likes: Not much (that he is willing to talk about.) Probably Hamiri, but he won't admit it outright. Also like money, and his sword. He definitely likes to fight and talk trash, too.

Dislikes: Most everyone and everything (or so he says). Definitely doesn't like any force that tips the balance in favor of darkness.

Theme Song:"Rhinosaur" by Soundgarden

Name: Hamiri Yu

Mythos: Altarian (her name means "Clear Ruby Sky" in the Altarian language.)

Powers and Domain: Mainly she uses her sword, a unique sword with a black blade, known as the Witch's Blade because she is often seen as a witch by others. She also can fly with raven wings, because she is a Servant of the Mage of Wind, specifically capable of controlling Wind and Shadows. She can travel to and from the underworld, because of her position and of her extensive knowledge of myths and of the afterlife.

Origin: She was originally born a human girl in a tiny village known as Mica. In her Beginning Level class to become a Holy Knight, she was one of the top rookie sword-fighters, and looked to possibly become the best in her class. However, as she saw the corruption in her village, she decided she had to leave her village in order to save it. At the same time, she pledged herself as a Servant of the Mage of Wind, in order to fight the darkness from afar.

Yet this was all part of the previous timeline. Now, things have changed drastically. Even the roles of the characters in their own war has changed significantly. Now, they have simply awoken at Holy High, with no memories except for those of their own world and of each other. Patriah and Hamiri remain close, though their powers have begun to show some changes...

RP-Personality: Tough and cool on the outside, kind and soft-spoken on the inside. Very intelligent and resourceful, normally good at keeping her temper intact. While she is an incredible swordfighter, and a harsh training-partner, she is also very feminine and confident in herself. She acts like a good big sister to her shyer female classmates. Around Patriah, she tends to be the boss, but they have a deep love and respect for each other.

Appearance:

Favorite Classes: Health, History, Home Ec., P.E.

Least Favorite Classes: English, Biology, Math.

Favorite Sport: Kendo

Likes: Black, red, white, cute red heels, roses, dressing nicely, training with her sword, her friends, traveling, reading, rock and classical music, blackbirds, ghosts, and bunnies.

Dislikes: Being called a "witch" or a "temptress", pop music, bright colors, being unorganized, arrogant people, watching her friends get hurt, and the cold.

Theme Song: "The Phoenix" by Lindsey Sterling

Name: Lux

Mythos: Unknown

Powers and Domain: Light and shadows. He can use light as any angel can, but he can also manipulate shadows. He has Dark Armor and Light Armor. He can fly, heal, and summon the stars to aid him in battle. He can also move though solid objects. Lux may also have the ability to see and replay the dreams of others in his own mind.

Age (Teen Years): 17

Origin: Originally a mysterious shadow and a servant of Tharizdun, he possessed Xavier as part of Tharzidun's plot to break apart the students. However, Lux was converted to the light as a result of Xavier's love and devotion to his brother. He was released from Xavier by Raphael, but was sent back to Earth by God, in order to keep an eye on the school. It was revealed that his servitude to Tharzidun was a result of being both a vessel to Adam-an alien-and being tortured by Satan for millions of years. Thus, he spent much of the previous timeline trying to heal from his past wounds. Yet now, all of that has been erased...

His origins now are mostly a mystery. He simply appears on campus one day, and from that day on, he spends much of his time wandering the campus alone. He seems to have no memory of anyone or anything, and spends much of his time in a sort of dreamy state. He now also controls light and darkness naturally, meaning something about his nature has changed. Whether or not this is a good thing is to soon be understood.

RP-Personality: Originally cruel and malicious, Lux eventually settled into a much more benign personality. Shy, soft-spoken, and gentle, he is polite to everyone and rarely raises his voice above a steady near-whisper. He prefers to hide away in secret places, but if found he will interact with other characters. His physical body is very fragile, but his spirit is extremely powerful, and he is willing to protect anyone vulnerable to demonstrate his hidden power.

His personality now is still mostly the same-kind, gentle, shy, and soft-spoken-but he seems far more passive and distant now. He speaks dreamily of things only he seems to understand, and spends much of his time alone. When he is not alone, he is following a specific person whom he has taken special interest in. He still enjoys nature and watching the stars, though he mostly does so alone now. One has to wonder if his lack of memories has simply made him feel alone...

Image:
Human (Dark/Normal-minus the mask]
(Image)

Shadow Armor:
(Image)

Light Armor:
(Image)

Favorite class: Religion, Math, Science

Least Favorite class: P.E., Art

Likes: Xavier, other good Angels, the rest of the group, being alone, quiet, nature, peace, the colors white and black, reading, sleeping.

Dislikes: Anyone who hurts his friends, loud noises, strenuous physical exercise, being yelled at, bright colors, large crowds of people.

Theme Song: "Mercury" by Sleeping At Last

(Various NPCs such as the principal, the VP, the school-nurse, etc.)

Your co-OPs are Bycrest, Irhk, Syrixces, and Ranoria. Please respect them as you would respect me, and get to know them! Their apps are highlighted below in the same colors as the OP’s apps.

Theyra took the time to put together our current roster as well, please TG him a thank-you!

Roster

Xavier - Luminesa
Patriah - Luminesa
Hamiri - Luminesa
Lux - Luminesa

Iriel - Finsternia
Aether - Nuridia
Lailah - Nuridia
Orozisej - Rosenhall
Tenez - Halazy
Charlotte - Charlia
Mara - Charlia
Morrigan - Charlia
Rena - Charlia
Valtra - Ranoria
Illatsu - Ranoria
Hermes - Bycrest

Frisct - Frisct the II
Unobtainium - Serah
Athis Venemum - United Per And Montands
Set - Syrixces
Sylvanus - Kingdom of Irhk
Gwinn - Frisct the II
Necra - Segral
Aguta - Sitka
Sanzuwu - Charlia
Girasol Aguilar - Nuridia
Dru’tawus - Danceria
Heimdall - Kingdom of Irhk
Sevarog - Bycrest
Heros -Tracian Empire
Isaac - Frisct the II
Xalzar - Subaya
Aaliyah - Saldinado
Hylea - Chrome Legion
Freja - Subaya
Tou - United Per and Montands
Hanuman - Segral
Inanna - Cappuccina
Loki - Charlia

Roommates List (WIP)

Lux, Iriel, and Aaliyah
Athis and XALZAR THE MAGNIFICIENT
Last edited by Luminesa on Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:24 pm

Tag! You're it!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:29 pm

I'll have an app up pretty quick here Lumi. XD Thanks again!

I'd also suggest inserting an optional 'theme song' category into the app. :P
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:30 pm

Ranoria wrote:I'll have an app up pretty quick here Lumi. XD Thanks again!

I'd also suggest inserting an optional 'theme song' category into the app. :P

THEME SONG YES.
-Alan Jackson

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:34 pm

TAG.
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:34 pm

Whether I come back is an if.

A big if.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:35 pm

Anyone who has just shown-up, I have added theme songs as a part of your App. GET CREATIVE.

Last edited by Luminesa on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:36 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Whether I come back is an if.

A big if.

C'mon, it'll be fun! : D
-Alan Jackson

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Luminesa wrote:Anyone who has just shown-up, I have added theme songs as a part of your App. GET CREATIVE.

What do you mean by mythos and mythical origin?
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:38 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Anyone who has just shown-up, I have added theme songs as a part of your App. GET CREATIVE.

What do you mean by mythos and mythical origin?

Mythos is what domain you come from. Example:

St. Michael - Catholic/Anglican/Orthodox
St. Uriel - Orthodox/Gnostic
Tsukiyomi - Shinto
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:39 pm

Auphelia wrote:Tag! You're it!

Greetings traveler!
Last edited by Luminesa on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:40 pm

*Puts wall down.*
*Tags the thread.*
*Leaves.*
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:45 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:*Puts wall down.*
*Tags the thread.*
*Leaves.*

...You're paying for that.
-Alan Jackson

New Emeline
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Emeline » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:48 pm

How do you tag a thread?

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:48 pm

New Emeline wrote:How do you tag a thread?

I don't know.

*gropes the thread, looking for a tag button*

SC #307

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:50 pm

What you did just now.

EYYYYYYY WELCOME! I know you from elsewhere! : D
-Alan Jackson

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:50 pm

Tagged!
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

New Emeline
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Emeline » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Luminesa wrote:

What you did just now.

EYYYYYYY WELCOME! I know you from elsewhere! : D

Right! We may have argued a few times I believe.
Or witnessed arguments.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:03 pm

Secrets of the old taggers.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Nuridia wrote:Tagged!

Greetings!
-Alan Jackson

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:37 pm

Hey OP, how do Mages work here? Because I wanna make a witch.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:55 pm

Nuridia wrote:Hey OP, how do Mages work here? Because I wanna make a witch.

Witch from what universe? Custom, or from any set mythos? If I may ask.
-Alan Jackson

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:12 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Nuridia wrote:Hey OP, how do Mages work here? Because I wanna make a witch.

Witch from what universe? Custom, or from any set mythos? If I may ask.

Custom.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Eisen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:19 pm

Tagging, though I'll admit I do have some questions.

So, this RP is about dieties that aren't already established in any religion? And one can just make up religions for their character?

Just trying to confirm.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse