NATION

PASSWORD

Founder transfer

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
South Waterford
Political Columnist

Founded: May 04, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Founder transfer

Postby South Waterford » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:04 am

I founded a region almost a year ago out of boredom, I created a puppet for that purpose. Is there anyway that I can transfer the founder status to my main nation? I would even be willing to pay nationstates a small fee for the transfer. I’m sure I’m not the only one out there with this question.

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:11 am

South Waterford wrote:I founded a region almost a year ago out of boredom, I created a puppet for that purpose. Is there anyway that I can transfer the founder status to my main nation? I would even be willing to pay nationstates a small fee for the transfer. I’m sure I’m not the only one out there with this question.
Nope. This can’t and won’t happen.

Also, wrong thread. This’ll get moved to technical.
Last edited by The Noble Thatcherites on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

The Union of Democratic States

South Waterford
Political Columnist

Father Knows Best State

Postby South Waterford » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:46 am

The Noble Thatcherites wrote:
South Waterford wrote:I founded a region almost a year ago out of boredom, I created a puppet for that purpose. Is there anyway that I can transfer the founder status to my main nation? I would even be willing to pay nationstates a small fee for the transfer. I’m sure I’m not the only one out there with this question.
Nope. This can’t and won’t happen.

Also, wrong thread. This’ll get moved to technical.

I appreciate your response, thank you! I do apologize for posting in the wrong thread, this was my first posting.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:51 am

South Waterford wrote:I founded a region almost a year ago out of boredom, I created a puppet for that purpose. Is there anyway that I can transfer the founder status to my main nation? I would even be willing to pay nationstates a small fee for the transfer.

Nope, the ability to change the region founder would be open to abuse. Also, I am sure that it is not intended, but the underlined reads like a bribe.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Ricanafelle
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ricanafelle » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:54 am

The New California Republic wrote:
South Waterford wrote:I founded a region almost a year ago out of boredom, I created a puppet for that purpose. Is there anyway that I can transfer the founder status to my main nation? I would even be willing to pay nationstates a small fee for the transfer.

Nope, the ability to change the region founder would be open to abuse. Also, I am sure that it is not intended, but the underlined reads like a bribe.

Lighten up, bro. He could only have meant a new purchasable feature like Postmaster. :rofl:

South Waterford
Political Columnist

Father Knows Best State

Postby South Waterford » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:59 am

Certainly not intended as a bribe at all. I pay for telegram stamps which would be no different.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:59 am

Ricanafelle wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Nope, the ability to change the region founder would be open to abuse. Also, I am sure that it is not intended, but the underlined reads like a bribe.

Lighten up, bro. He could only have meant a new purchasable feature like Postmaster. :rofl:

Yeah, except for the fact that "Founder transfer" isn't mentioned anywhere on the NationStates Store page as a purchasable item, nor is it mentioned anywhere else on the website, including the help section or the forums...

South Waterford wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Nope, the ability to change the region founder would be open to abuse. Also, I am sure that it is not intended, but the underlined reads like a bribe.

Certainly not intended as a bribe at all. I pay for telegram stamps which would be no different.

Again, "Founder transfer" isn't mentioned anywhere on the NationStates Store page as a purchasable item...
Last edited by The New California Republic on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Ricanafelle
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ricanafelle » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:01 am

Ricanafelle wrote:Lighten up, bro. He could only have meant a new purchasable feature like Postmaster. :rofl:

Yeah, except for the fact that "Founder transfer" isn't mentioned anywhere on the NationStates Store page as a purchasable item, nor is it mentioned anywhere else on the website, including the help section or the forums...

*sigh*

As a proposed purchasable feature. Do not be obtuse again! :evil:

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:04 am

Ricanafelle wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Yeah, except for the fact that "Founder transfer" isn't mentioned anywhere on the NationStates Store page as a purchasable item, nor is it mentioned anywhere else on the website, including the help section or the forums...

*sigh*

It wasn't mentioned as a proposal as a new feature. Also, that attitude is a bit misplaced.

Wave on, wave on

Ricanafelle
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ricanafelle » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:06 am

Ricanafelle wrote:*sigh*

It wasn't mentioned as a proposal as a new feature. Also, that attitude is a bit misplaced.

Yes it was - by the OP. That is the whole point of his OP.
Last edited by Ricanafelle on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

South Waterford
Political Columnist

Father Knows Best State

Postby South Waterford » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:10 am

Ricanafelle wrote:*sigh*

I do apologize to all that have replied to this posting, firstly I posted in the wrong section, and secondly I did not word the posting it very well (first time creating a posting). It would be a perhaps something for the game to consider.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:11 am

Ricanafelle wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:It wasn't mentioned as a proposal as a new feature. Also, that attitude is a bit misplaced.

Yes it was - by the OP. That is the whole point of his OP. Your attitude is a mama. *hits shoe on table*

Wrong:

South Waterford wrote:Is there anyway that I can transfer the founder status to my main nation? I would even be willing to pay nationstates a small fee for the transfer.

It wasn't suggested as a feature at all, it was being posed as a question, whether there is any current mechanism by which Founder status could be transferred. Nowhere does it say "I think we should be able to..."

South Waterford wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:It wasn't mentioned as a proposal as a new feature. Also, that attitude is a bit misplaced.

I do apologize to all that have replied to this posting, firstly I posted in the wrong section, and secondly I did not word the posting it very well (first time creating a posting). It would be a perhaps something for the game to consider.

Good stuff. You can wait for an Admin or a Mod to answer this question officially for you, but the likely answer is that the ability to transfer Founder status between nations is unlikely to ever happen. For one, it would completely break the whole raiding mechanic that this game is in/famous for.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wave on, wave on

Ricanafelle
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ricanafelle » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:12 am

Ricanafelle wrote:Yes it was - by the OP. That is the whole point of his OP. Your attitude is a mama. *hits shoe on table*

Wrong:

South Waterford wrote:Is there anyway that I can transfer the founder status to my main nation? I would even be willing to pay nationstates a small fee for the transfer.

It wasn't suggested as a feature at all, it was being posed as a question, whether there is any current mechanism by which Founder status could be transferred. Nowhere does it say "I think we should be able to..."

Inference, my friend, and conceptual thought.

One level higher, we play.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:16 am

Ricanafelle wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Wrong:

Inference, my friend, and conceptual thought. 8)

Nope. I offered an answer to the question that the OP posed. Trying to second guess the OP, or reading tea leaves, has no place in Technical.

Wave on, wave on

The House of Petain
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Petain » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:19 am

Unfortunately not. Once a specific nation is the founder of a region it remains so unless it is deleted, ceases to exist, or kicks everybody out and that user refounds the region with a different nation (which runs into a handful of other problems). As somebody who has a main nation and a founder nation, I'd suggest continuing on. Slightly inconvenient as it is, it can also be very beneficial.
Michael Augustine I of the House of Petain

Founder, Chief Executive & Emperor of Westphalia
1000 Schloss Nordkirchen Ave, Munster Capitol District, Westphalia 59394

Ricanafelle
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ricanafelle » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:35 am

Ricanafelle wrote:Inference, my friend, and conceptual thought. 8)

Nope. I offered an answer to the question that the OP posed. Trying to second guess the OP, or reading tea leaves, has no place in Technical.

Deny it as strongly as you like, but the Op said the same thing.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:37 am

Ricanafelle wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Nope. I offered an answer to the question that the OP posed. Trying to second guess the OP, or reading tea leaves, has no place in Technical.

Deny it as strongly as you like. :)

Trying to get a rise out of someone also has no place in Technical, which you have been trying to do for the last several posts.

Wave on, wave on

Te Wat-Hao
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Te Wat-Hao » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:38 am

Ricanafelle wrote:Yes it was - by the OP. That is the whole point of his OP. Your attitude is a mama. *hits shoe on table*

Wrong:

South Waterford wrote:

Good stuff. You can wait for an Admin or a Mod to answer this question officially for you, but the likely answer is that the ability to transfer Founder status between nations is unlikely to ever happen. For one, it would completely break the whole raiding mechanic that this game is in/famous for.

On the other hand, it might make raiding actually worthwhile. You could keep the regions permanently, collecting real empires or amassing living trophies.

Ricanafelle
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ricanafelle » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:41 am

Ricanafelle wrote:Deny it as strongly as you like. :)

Trying to get a rise out of someone also has no place in Technical, which you have been trying to do for the last several posts.

Alright then. Let's end this convo.
Last edited by Ricanafelle on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:41 am

Te Wat-Hao wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:You can wait for an Admin or a Mod to answer this question officially for you, but the likely answer is that the ability to transfer Founder status between nations is unlikely to ever happen. For one, it would completely break the whole raiding mechanic that this game is in/famous for.

On the other hand, it might make raiding actually worthwhile. You could keep the regions permanently, collecting real empires or amassing living trophies.

It would, but another problem is that it would make the Liberation mechanic in the World Assembly defunct...

Wave on, wave on

Te Wat-Hao
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Te Wat-Hao » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:47 am

Te Wat-Hao wrote:On the other hand, it might make raiding actually worthwhile. You could keep the regions permanently, collecting real empires or amassing living trophies.

It would, but another problem is that it would make the Liberation mechanic in the World Assembly defunct...

Simple solution: the conquest mechanic applies to both raids and counter-raids. It would be like a real war for territory. "Liberation" (funny term) remains unchanged.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:01 am

Te Wat-Hao wrote:On the other hand, it might make raiding actually worthwhile. You could keep the regions permanently, collecting real empires or amassing living trophies.

It'd certainly make the way it's being abused defunct...
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:08 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:It would, but another problem is that it would make the Liberation mechanic in the World Assembly defunct...

It'd certainly make the way it's being abused defunct...

Well I guess it would as a side effect, but having a transferable Founder would also likely reduce the power of all Regional Delegates as well.

Wave on, wave on

Galiantus III
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus III » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:41 pm

It sounds to me like all that's being proposed is that the founder of a region would have the option transfer the position/ownership of the region to another nation besides the founding nation. This means it isn't an option for a CTE'd founder, and thus it won't affect the number of regions which go founderless. Considering how many people transfer the founding nation, in spite of moderation's advice not to, there is merit to the idea.
Last edited by Galiantus III on Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The goal of Socialism is Fascism.
#JKRowling #realfeminism #libertarian #conservative #christian #nomandates

Frisbeeteria wrote:
For some reason I have a mental image of a dolphin, trying to organize a new pod of his fellow dolphins to change the course of a nuclear sub. It's entertaining, I'll give ya that.
Ballotonia wrote:
Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Galiantus III wrote:It sounds to me like all that's being proposed is that the founder of a region would have the option transfer the position/ownership of the region to another nation besides the founding nation. This means it isn't an option for a CTE'd founder, and thus it won't affect the number of regions which go founderless. Considering how many people transfer the founding nation, in spite of moderation's advice not to, there is merit to the idea.

It'd also stop the fun-fun-fun of having a joint founder nation and then one founder going rogue.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical