NATION

PASSWORD

Why ROBLOX is going down the toilet.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Medwedian Democratic Federation
Ambassador

Founded: May 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Why ROBLOX is going down the toilet.

Postby Medwedian Democratic Federation » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:41 am

The ROBLOX corporation has started out as a small game company that offered fun and enjoyable 3D sandbox experiences to its clients...now, it is a greedy moloch aimed towards making money off little, dumb kids. I feel ashamed for ROBLOX. I really do.

I think that it is not necessary to discuss why ROBLOX is nowhere near what it used to be, but I will still bring up the most important points.

Demographic change. Yes, making money off little kids is better. But this leads to a majority of the older audience leaving, as a change towards younger players necessarily entrails a severe reduction in the personal freedom of the player. The chat is being butchered. The forums were butchered (the decrease of the age limit was probably done in preparation for an upcoming removal of the forums, everything was planned!). Lifetime BC was butchered (in order to milk parents for their money). Many easy and convenient features were butchered. Every second ROBLOX update does not add but remove. The lowering of the target age means we get little kids, and little kids are toxic, leading to mass punishments of the community, e.g. forum removal.

Monetization. Already mentioned above, but look at what happened in the past 3 years - first, the reduction of BC bonuses, then tickets, price floors, et cetera - soon, ROBLOX will likely add microtransactions and do things like limiting the amount of games playable per day. Why not make ROBLOX Studio a paid program (separate from BC, to make it more inconvenient)?

Ignorance of the community. The ROBLOX Corporation only listens to 1% of their audience, namely the major game developers. Ordinary players are ignored - S&I has become an unmoderated waste dump by 2014. Nothing against developers - but the professionalization of game creation stands in direct conflict with the original idea of ROBLOX! A simple game thrown together in two hours that contains free models and has a title such as "Fall 50.000 Meters For Admin" can be much more fun than a frontpage RPG. But these games were banished from the list of popular places long ago. In order to create and maintain a popular game on ROBLOX, you must now assemble a team and spend a majority of your free time on it. The original idea of ROBLOX was that everybody who desires to do so can create a game - and be it complete garbage, but fun and enjoyable garbage, not the boring and bland, "freemium" or P2W ripoffs of steam games we can see on the modern ROBLOX frontpage.

Lying and deception. Do you know what angered me about the tickets "update" most? The fact that the announcement consisted of fake "arguments", bland lies thrown into my face. I would be glad if ROBLOX would, like any other game developer, honestly say something like "We are out of money and need to remove tickets. Buy ROBUX instead. The more you buy, the higher the chance that tickets will come back." when doing such "updates".

Double standards, praise of perversions. ROBLOX seems to be owned by Hillary Clinton now. It is impossible to say "I am proud to be a caucasian-type christian" without being banned for racism. Roblox is doing an excellent job in promoting diversity and tolerance, except for Christianity. Roblox is trying to do something against online dating, but at the same time not only tolerates but also encourages groups that promote false reproductive orientations and perversions AND CONFRONTS CHILDREN WITH THEM.

Only four points of an endless list. I think that everybody who replies to this will be able to bring up at least 10 examples of wrong and nonsensical decisions and "updates" ROBLOX did.

I do not know if ROBLOX has already jumped off the cliff, but if there is still a chance for the survival of the platform, everybody who sees this and is interested in the further persistence of ROBLOX must take immediate action by boycotting the game, trying to message the criminal "developers" of ROBLOX and just leaving if nothing works. Maybe a playerbase drain will teach them.

If nothing is done, the following will happen until 2020, according to my prediction. Just a note, I joined ROBLOX in 2012 and was banned (e.g. silenced) last year for trying to spread the truth on the ROBLOX forums.

Removal or drastic limitation of the "groups" feature.

Monetization of game creation, making ROBLOX studio paid.

Further increase of BC prices; addition of weekly subscriptions.

Removal of classic ROBLOX aesthetics - in an update that will add more features to (now-paid) studio, Robloxian 1.0 and 2.0 will quietly pass.

Complete removal of chat or return of mandatory safechat.

Complete transistion to P2P or a more severe "freemium" in which the selection of games will be limited and adding new games to the list of playable ones will cost money.

TLDR: ROBLOX is going to turn into an "online social hangout for kids with games created and curated by professional developers" operating on a "freemium" (e.g. "As long as you won't pay for temporary extra "perks", we will nag you and limit your experience.") model.

This will lead to a reduction in the player base soon. Even without my post, thousands of players are deciding to leave ROBLOX every day. Soon, the amount of account abandonings will outnumber that of new account creations, and ROBLOX will fall into a severe financial crisis, possibly going bankrupt.

Please, please, do anything to save ROBLOX. If it still can be saved.

Just as a note: I used to own LIFETIME OBC until I was banned (and am not playing ROBLOX anymore). I am not a "NBC ranter" and very well favour BC privileges.

RIP ROBLOX.

If you want to read more and/or discuss and contribute, go to the new subreddit I made for the purpose of criticizing ROBLOX and the criminal cartel behind it. Mostly consists of crossposts right now, but I hope that some original content will be added soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RobloxCriticism/

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:00 am

Sorry to hear that happened to a game you loved, although I'm not entirely sure this forum is the place for this.

Afrikaaners Ryk
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Afrikaaners Ryk » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:17 am

Crap, I used to play the game all the time. It made up my entire life from 2007 to 2013, and I often visit back every once and again.

Now I've come back to the games, and it's gotten more and more degenerate, the audience base is getting so young even people from 10 years of age don't think its' fun, the devs are getting grabby with the cash, and in my personal opinion, trying to fix the game is like trying to piece back together something what was thrown into the fire long ago. Even if you do try to fix it, good luck having the old, enjoyable ways being accustomed to by the new not-even-high-school playerbase because I'm sure as hell some of the old, better playerbase have either left or stayed as game devs leeching of little kids.
You enjoyed watching Nazis getting slaughtered in Wolfenstein and Inglorious Bastards, Click here to read about Afrikaaners getting butchered too!

Year: 2076

After a brief 'racial summit' on the current situation, for the first time in the Ryk's history, the ponies have ceased being declared as 'onwaardige', and have now been re-assorted to 'undecided inferiors'. Around 200,00 of the remaining ponies have been released. 50,000 of the attempted to defect out of the Ryk, and were all either arrested or killed by riot police with mustard gas and swords.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:16 am

Four words: Get yourself a blog.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:17 am

Because its a baby game for baby gamers.

Or so the internet has said. Many.. many.. many times.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Freilibre
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Freilibre » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:19 am

Thermodolia wrote:Four words: Get yourself a blog.

This. Is this actionable?

⬤ United World Member | Security Council ⬤
Commonwealth of Freilibre

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:42 am

Freilibre wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Four words: Get yourself a blog.

This. Is this actionable?

I’d say so
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General